PDA

View Full Version : Football The return of MartyBall!!

InChiefsHell
03-25-2011, 02:05 PM
If repost, eat it...

http://www.ufl-football.com/news/schottenheimer-leaves-no-doubt-about-excitement-new-job

Virginia Destroyers Head Coach/General Manager Marty Schottenheimer has a direct answer for those who wonder why he would come back to football in the United Football League.

"It's another adventure in life," he said."She (his wife Pat) is very excited about this opportunity. I've always been about building things. That's always been my objective. That's the exciting thing about this opportunity.

"I'm not looking for another job down the road in the NFL."

Schottenheimer reiterated that the impression the UFL - and Commissioner Michael Huyghue - left on his is part of the reason he is with the Destroyers today.

"I'm in a position right now where Michael called me and asked me if I would be interested, and I said, 'Let's talk about it'," he said. "I was very impressed with him and the direction that he sees for our league, and I know a lot of people - all the coaches, I'm familiar with.

"I can promise you this - there isn't a soul in this community, and I know they're excited about this transition we're making, but they're not as excited as I am."

Schottenheimer first became a coach in 1974 after finishing his playing career with the World Football League's Portland Storm.

"I wasn't a very good player," Schottenheimer said, "and I can't tell you what it means to me to be able to be down on the field and impart some knowledge of understanding...and then to see that young man go out and perform in a winning fashion, taking his skill set and the information I was able to give him, and see him fulfill his full potential. I live vicarously through those players.

"Football will always be a game to me. It's a business, but it's a game."

Schottenheimer spent almost all day Wednesday discussing with media, fans, etc., his goal to win a UFL championship with the Destroyers. And in case Cleveland Browns fans were wondering, Schottenheimer said the gleam (coming from a famous miked-up speech) still is there.

"The gleam's still there, you can be assured," he said. "I'm excited. This is another opportunity to build something. We're going to have a very good football team. My goals have never been to just win a football game. My goal has always been to set the bar high."

kysirsoze
03-25-2011, 02:07 PM
If repost, eat it...
http://www.ufl-football.com/news/schottenheimer-leaves-no-doubt-about-excitement-new-job

Well....OK then.

Buck
03-25-2011, 02:08 PM
F

Buck
03-25-2011, 02:08 PM
O

Rams Fan
03-25-2011, 02:09 PM
U

Buck
R

ClevelandBronco
Masticating an "R."

Buck
Fucking Donko

ClevelandBronco
03-25-2011, 02:10 PM
****ing Donko

What the FOUR were you guys spelling?

Buck
03-25-2011, 02:15 PM
This is the 4th repost of this same story. Figure it out.

kysirsoze
03-25-2011, 02:15 PM
What the FOUR were you guys spelling?

Are we witnessing a rare and elusive FOUR-post?

kysirsoze
03-25-2011, 02:16 PM
This is the 4th repost of this same story. Figure it out.

Are we witnessing a rare and elusive FOUR-post?

Guess so....hold on let me get a screen cap....

Hays
03-25-2011, 02:30 PM
4 post, wow is this the first time? Marty is popular!

InChiefsHell
03-26-2011, 11:06 AM
God I hate myself. I keep saying I'm not going to post stories. I looked through three pages, and I guess I'm blind.

I hate myself. I shall not post another football story again.