Weaknesses:
Just average size and frame is probably maxed out
Is limited athletically and a bit of an overachiever
Feet aren't real nimble and does not slide smoothly
Not necessarily physically dominant or overpowering
Will get pushed around at times but never gives up
Sometimes walks line between being too aggressive

Notes:
A three-year starter and team captain for the Nittany Lions --- Named 2nd Team All-Big Ten in 2008 and 1st Team in 2009 and 2010 --- Also garnered some All-American notice in 2010 --- Father, Leon, was a defensive lineman at Penn St. and a 2nd Round pick in 1982 NFL Draft, playing four seasons with the Baltimore / Indianapolis Colts --- Uncle, Steve, was a two-time 1st-Team All-American at Penn St. and an eight-time All-Pro offensive guard during NFL career with the Oakland / Los Angeles Raiders --- A secondary education major who excelled in the classroom with a near-4.0 GPA and was a three-time Academic All-American --- Could project to either center or offensive guard and has extensive experience at both --- Certainly isn't very flashy or the most impressive physical specimen but compensates with first-rate intangibles and there is virtually no chance he won't be successful at the next level --- Will win a starting job and enjoy a long NFL career.

Chiefnj2
03-29-2011, 02:26 PM
Their reports often contained such contradictions. It looks like they really haven't even bothered writing up prospects this year.

aturnis
03-29-2011, 02:39 PM
Is this a list compiled over his entire career where he may have improved his footwork? Or one game vs. another he looked great, the next he looked poor. Maybe they compile their data from multiple scouts who see different things?

BossChief
03-29-2011, 02:41 PM
Dude is gonna be really good and would be a perfect fit for our system as well.

If we pick him in Rd 1, I wont be jumping up and down but I will know we added a very solid player that can help solidify the OL for years to come. If he slips to our pick in round 2, I WILL be jumping up and down if we pick him.

I know this is a little Sacish, but I would be totally happy if our top two picks were Carimi and Wisnewski. We could do better, but those would be solid selections.

Coogs
03-29-2011, 02:44 PM

If we pick him in Rd 1, I wont be jumping up and down but I will know we added a very solid player that can help solidify the OL for years to come. If he slips to our pick in round 2, I WILL be jumping up and down if we pick him.

I know this is a little Sacish, but I would be totally happy if our top two picks were Carimi and Wisnewski. We could do better, but those would be solid selections.

This is sort of the way I am starting to lean if we do not trade down.

BossChief
03-29-2011, 02:49 PM
Albert
Lilja
Wisnewski
Asamoah
Carimi

That line would be very studly in both pass protection and the running game.

Charles would have a legit chance at 2k rushing with a little over 300 carries.

AndChiefs
03-29-2011, 02:50 PM
Actually that is possible....

He has great footwork on knowing where to go. He's just not very nimble or quick at getting his feet to said position. :)

Coogs
03-29-2011, 03:09 PM
Albert
Lilja
Wisnewski
Asamoah
Carimi

That line would be very studly in both pass protection and the running game.

Charles would have a legit chance at 2k rushing with a little over 300 carries.

I like that as well. And you have Harris who looked pretty good at LG before getting hurt last preseason as interior depth. Pretty solid line for what could be several years.

Dicky McElephant
03-29-2011, 03:16 PM
I've said it multiple times......but there are really only three positions that would piss me off in the 1st round.

DE
CB
RB

Chiefnj2
03-29-2011, 03:22 PM
If he's a good center prospect, why was he moved to guard this last year?

Bump
03-29-2011, 03:23 PM
I don't like his last name, PASS

SNR
03-29-2011, 03:23 PM

I know this is a little Sacish, but I would be totally happy if our top two picks were Carimi and Wisnewski. We could do better, but those would be solid selections.I've talked a lot about how Carimi is my favorite tackle in this draft and how I would be pretty pumped about picking him in the first round.

Solidifying our offensive line for the future like that would go a long way. Richardson off the bench is a GREAT option to have, and I imagine Albert would play much better next to a halfway decent guard.

aturnis
03-29-2011, 04:06 PM
If he's a good center prospect, why was he moved to guard this last year?

B/c guard is higher on the o-line hierarchy of importance? LT/RT/LG/RG/C

Detoxing
03-29-2011, 04:16 PM
I don't like his last name, PASS

There are a lot of last names I dont like this year. it seems to be a year full of either boring or hard to pronounce names.

I think we should just skip the draft rather than have to root for a Carimi. WTF is a Carimi anyway?

ChiefsCountry
03-29-2011, 06:45 PM

No its not.

Bump
03-29-2011, 06:49 PM
There are a lot of last names I dont like this year. it seems to be a year full of either boring or hard to pronounce names.

I think we should just skip the draft rather than have to root for a Carimi. WTF is a Carimi anyway?

this is why I hate his last name:

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h361/Bump4/SteveWisniewski.jpg

it would almost be like Joe Elway playing for us or something.

Tribal Warfare
03-29-2011, 06:53 PM
this is why I hate his last name:

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h361/Bump4/SteveWisniewski.jpg

it would almost be like Joe Elway playing for us or something.

yeah, and he was BAMF, so I don't see the problem

Ebolapox
03-29-2011, 07:06 PM
fuck, that's the best form of revenge... just like having john elway's kid (qb at arizona state before he quit) or howie long's kid chris long.

milkman
03-29-2011, 07:07 PM

Being sacish is justfying a point of view with erroneous observations, and being obsessive about it.

I doubt that you could find a single person who doesn't think the O-Line needs upgrades, and if the draft fell this way, it would be a very good draft.

milkman
03-29-2011, 07:08 PM

In what alternate universe is that true?

Bewbies
03-29-2011, 08:30 PM
In what alternate universe is that true?

The same one that sees Stanzi as the next Tom Brady.

Bewbies
03-29-2011, 08:31 PM
Being sacish is justfying a point of view with erroneous observations, and being obsessive about it.

I doubt that you could find a single person who doesn't think the O-Line needs upgrades, and if the draft fell this way, it would be a very good draft.

I'd be ok with that draft, and I'm one of the bigger "anti" o-line guys out there.

Chris Meck
03-29-2011, 10:58 PM
I'd rather take Taylor at 21, but I could go with Wisniewski in the 2nd. Addresses two MAJOR needs right away.

Wilson8
03-29-2011, 11:01 PM
I'd love it if the Chiefs were able to draft Wisniewski in the 2nd round. Looking at several draft sites he's rated number 1 or 2 on all of them for centers.

He's a right guard that played center for his junior year 2009, so maybe he will fall into the 2nd round where the Chiefs could draft him.

Some of the top ranked centers for the 2011 NFL draft really have not played much at center. Rodney Hudson is a guard. Mike Pouncey only played center for his senior season. John Moffitt also a guard.

Wilson8
03-29-2011, 11:08 PM
NFLDraftScout.com ranks the centers as 1. Rodney Hudson, 2. Stefen Wisniewski, 3. Kris ODowd, 4. Tim Barnes, 5. Brandon Fusco, 6. Jake Kirkpatrick, 7. Jason Kelce, 8. Alex Linnenkohl, 9. Zach Williams, and 10. Zane Taylor.

NFLFootballPost.com ranks the centers as 1. Stefen Wisniewski, 2, Mike Pouncey, 3. Tim Barnes, 4. Brandon Fusco, 5. Zane Taylor, 6. Alex Linnenkohl, 7. Ryan Pugh, 8. Kristofer ODowd, 9. Jake Kirkpatrick, and 10. Ryan McMahon.

WalterFootball ranks the center position as 1. Stefen Wisniewski, 2. Jake Kirkpatrick , 3. Tim Barnes, 4. Kristofer ODowd, 5. Alex Linnenkohl 6. Brandon Fusco, 7. Zane Taylor, 8.,Kevin Kowalski, 9. Ryan Pugh, and 10. Colin Baxter.

Gbnreport.com ranks the centers as 1. Stefen Wisniewski, 2. Kristofer ODowd, 3.John Moffitt, 4. Brandon Fusco, 5. Ryan Bartholomew, 6. Zach Williams, 7. Jake Kirkpatrick , 8. Alex Linnenkohl 9. Tim Barnes, 10. Jason Kelce, and 11. Zane Taylor.

CBSSports.com ranks the centers as 1. Rodney Hudson, 2. Stefen Wisniewski, 3. Kris ODowd, 4. Tim Barnes, 5. Brandon Fusco, 6. Jake Kirkpatrick, 7. Jason Kelce, 8. Alex Linnenkohl, 9. Zach Williams, and 10. Zane Taylor.

Slippery Rock's Brandon Fusco is ranked highly on all 5 sites. Any thoughts on him?

Chris Meck
03-29-2011, 11:23 PM
I just know that The Raiders and Ravens really illustrated just how weak we were up the middle on the both sides of the line. With the brutal schedule that's coming up (assuming this season happens) we will get our shit pushed in week in and week out if we don't address it.

We need a real NT, and even as a rookie, Taylor could rotate in and out and be better than most of what we've got there. We need a C that can hold his ground and get a push in short yardage, as Wiegmann just couldn't do it anymore.

Coogs
03-30-2011, 08:34 AM
I just know that The Raiders and Ravens really illustrated just how weak we were up the middle on the both sides of the line. With the brutal schedule that's coming up (assuming this season happens) we will get our shit pushed in week in and week out if we don't address it.

We need a real NT, and even as a rookie, Taylor could rotate in and out and be better than most of what we've got there. We need a C that can hold his ground and get a push in short yardage, as Wiegmann just couldn't do it anymore.

I agree totally. 3rd and short was the downfall of this team IMO. No running threat at all... and that comming from the NFL's leading rushing team. And since we couldn't run, we couldn't pass either on that down. Without a tradedown, rigt now I think I would go...

1st-Carimi
2nd-Wisniewske
3rd-Powe

On Powe, I just can't get out of my head how dominating he looked as a junior when playing the NT position. Saw several games when I was watching re-runs of the SEC games on CBSCollege after we drafted McCluster and Lewis. Dude just stood out during the games.

Chiefnj2
03-30-2011, 08:36 AM
I agree totally. 3rd and short was the downfall of this team IMO. No running threat at all... and that comming from the NFL's leading rushing team. And since we couldn't run, we couldn't pass either on that down. Without a tradedown, rigt now I think I would go...

1st-Carimi
2nd-Wisniewske
3rd-Powe

On Powe, I just can't get out of my head how dominating he looked as a junior when playing the NT position. Saw several games when I was watching re-runs of the SEC games on CBSCollege after we drafted McCluster and Lewis. Dude just stood out during the games.

What happened to him this year?

Chiefnj2
03-30-2011, 09:01 AM
NFLDraftScout.com ranks the centers as 1. Rodney Hudson, 2. Stefen Wisniewski, 3. Kris ODowd, 4. Tim Barnes, 5. Brandon Fusco, 6. Jake Kirkpatrick, 7. Jason Kelce, 8. Alex Linnenkohl, 9. Zach Williams, and 10. Zane Taylor.

NFLFootballPost.com ranks the centers as 1. Stefen Wisniewski, 2, Mike Pouncey, 3. Tim Barnes, 4. Brandon Fusco, 5. Zane Taylor, 6. Alex Linnenkohl, 7. Ryan Pugh, 8. Kristofer ODowd, 9. Jake Kirkpatrick, and 10. Ryan McMahon.

WalterFootball ranks the center position as 1. Stefen Wisniewski, 2. Jake Kirkpatrick , 3. Tim Barnes, 4. Kristofer ODowd, 5. Alex Linnenkohl 6. Brandon Fusco, 7. Zane Taylor, 8.,Kevin Kowalski, 9. Ryan Pugh, and 10. Colin Baxter.

Gbnreport.com ranks the centers as 1. Stefen Wisniewski, 2. Kristofer ODowd, 3.John Moffitt, 4. Brandon Fusco, 5. Ryan Bartholomew, 6. Zach Williams, 7. Jake Kirkpatrick , 8. Alex Linnenkohl 9. Tim Barnes, 10. Jason Kelce, and 11. Zane Taylor.

CBSSports.com ranks the centers as 1. Rodney Hudson, 2. Stefen Wisniewski, 3. Kris ODowd, 4. Tim Barnes, 5. Brandon Fusco, 6. Jake Kirkpatrick, 7. Jason Kelce, 8. Alex Linnenkohl, 9. Zach Williams, and 10. Zane Taylor.

Slippery Rock's Brandon Fusco is ranked highly on all 5 sites. Any thoughts on him?

During Senior Bowl practices O'Dowd and Kirkpatrick consistently got pushed back by bigger players. I don't think they'd fare well in the AFC West.

Moffit played some center during Senior Bowl practices and looked okay. Kid has a mean streak.

I don't like the fact that Wisniewski skipped the post season games, etc.

spanky 52
03-30-2011, 09:40 AM
Sherrod would be good value at the 21st pick as would Carimi. Don't think Wisniewski will be there for the Chief's in the second. I think he's going to be a good OL regardless of where he plays. Just like last year, so many holes and not enough picks.

BigCatDaddy
03-30-2011, 09:53 AM
I figured Taylor would be a little higher on those rankings.

Rain Man
03-30-2011, 10:14 AM
I don't want anyone who's related to Steve Wisniewski. Dirty cheater.

Coogs
03-30-2011, 10:57 AM
What happened to him this year?

I did not see him play this season, but I heard they moved him to a different spot along the line. As a junior he played over the center, and he was a load.

Chiefnj2
03-30-2011, 11:21 AM
As far as a center goes. You have two collegiate centers worthy of consideration - Wisniewski and Fusco. I'm put off by Wiz not doing any post season games, and I haven't seen a reason why he was moved to guard his last year. Fusco will have to sit a year to catch up to the NFL game.

Otherwise, I think your best bet would be grabbing a collegiate guard and moving him to center - Hudson or Moffit. Big strong, nasty guys who can anchor and push.

As far as NT's go. I'd be fine with Taylor at 21. Powe's stock seems to have dropped like a rock this offseason. Fua isn't very strong. Maybe they can convert a Wilkerson or some other 310lb + DT. Maybe a guy like Ellis in the 3rd.

Dicky McElephant
03-30-2011, 11:22 AM
As far as a center goes. You have two collegiate centers worthy of consideration - Wisniewski and Fusco. I'm put off by Wiz not doing any post season games, and I haven't seen a reason why he was moved to guard his last year. Fusco will have to sit a year to catch up to the NFL game.

Otherwise, I think your best bet would be grabbing a collegiate guard and moving him to center - Hudson or Moffit. Big strong, nasty guys who can anchor and push.

As far as NT's go. I'd be fine with Taylor at 21. Powe's stock seems to have dropped like a rock this offseason. Fua isn't very strong. Maybe they can convert a Wilkerson or some other 310lb + DT. Maybe a guy like Ellis in the 3rd.

What about Ian Williams from Notre Dame?

Chiefnj2
03-30-2011, 11:25 AM
What about Ian Williams from Notre Dame?

I can't say I've paid any attention to him.

On youtube someone downloaded all the senior bowl practices and a lot of them focus on 1 v 1, linemen. I know it's not actual game footage, but it's amazing how much better some guys look than others.

Dicky McElephant
03-30-2011, 11:41 AM
Well....Ian Williams played the NT position in ND's 3-4 defense last year. He's your typical 2 down player.....but we could probably get him around 4th-6th rounds.

BigCatDaddy
03-30-2011, 11:47 AM
Well....Ian Williams played the NT position in ND's 3-4 defense last year. He's your typical 2 down player.....but we could probably get him around 4th-6th rounds.

It's a ballsy move to wait around that long for a player in a major position of need.

Dicky McElephant
03-30-2011, 11:48 AM
I'm not talking about waiting specifically for him. He's just one of the options. I personally think that we should be finding 2 NTs this offseason. Edwards is done and I like Smith more as a DE.

BigCatDaddy
03-30-2011, 12:09 PM
I'm not talking about waiting specifically for him. He's just one of the options. I personally think that we should be finding 2 NTs this offseason. Edwards is done and I like Smith more as a DE.

I wonder if Williams could play DE in our system as well. I don't see why not.