PDA

View Full Version : Don Banks says Taylor's knee failing physicals

reschief
03-30-2011, 02:17 PM
21 OT Gabe Carimi Wisconsin Jr. 6-7 327
I had nearly talked myself into giving Baylor's run-stuffing nose tackle Phil Taylor to the No. 21 Chiefs, but I was told a knee injury has Taylor failing some team physicals and that probably keeps him out of the upper two-thirds of the first round. In Carimi, who's both tough and supremely confident in his own abilities, Kansas City would add a building block to its improving offensive line.

Anyone know more about this?

Chiefnj2
03-30-2011, 02:20 PM
Don't believe pre-draft rumors. Yesterday it was the kid from Clemson falling because of a knee injury. For every 1 true rumor there will be 50 incorrect smoke screens this time of year.

Chiefshrink
03-30-2011, 03:45 PM
Don't believe pre-draft rumors. Yesterday it was the kid from Clemson falling because of a knee injury. For every 1 true rumor there will be 50 incorrect smoke screens this time of year.

:thumb::thumb:

Detoxing
03-30-2011, 05:28 PM

True dat. BUT....sometimes the most obvious answer is right there in your face but people wanna out smart themselves.

Ahem: Eric Berry.

With that said, yeah, I think the Chiefs are taking Taylor @ 21.

aturnis
03-30-2011, 06:40 PM
21 OT Gabe Carimi Wisconsin Jr. 6-7 327
I had nearly talked myself into giving Baylor's run-stuffing nose tackle Phil Taylor to the No. 21 Chiefs, but I was told a knee injury has Taylor failing some team physicals and that probably keeps him out of the upper two-thirds of the first round. In Carimi, who's both tough and supremely confident in his own abilities, Kansas City would add a building block to its improving offensive line.

Anyone know more about this?

I guarantee you that this guy mixed up Bowers knee injury with Taylors name. Never heard of any knee injury to Taylor. Also NO WAY IN HELL, the Chiefs have him in for a workout(where he would have failed b/c of supposed knee injury) then have him back for a visit.

This guy got his wires crossed.

Count Alex's Wins
03-30-2011, 07:39 PM
Wake up, people. Pioli got Don Banks to float this rumor so he would drop to the Chiefs.

Genious at work.

JASONSAUTO
03-30-2011, 07:44 PM
Wake up, people. Pioli got Don Banks to float this rumor so he would drop to the Chiefs.

Genious at work.

. Dude Seriously shut the fuck up.

You are the most duplicitous mother fucker here
Posted via Mobile Device

Von Dumbass
03-30-2011, 09:55 PM

Genious at work.

Nobody had Taylor going higher than the third round until the Senior Bowl....

BryanBusby
04-01-2011, 02:29 AM
Nobody had Taylor going higher than the third round until the Senior Bowl....

Players raising their stock by performing well at the Senior Bowl? Well I never......

Von Dumbass
04-01-2011, 03:05 AM
Players raising their stock by performing well at the Senior Bowl? Well I never......

All I'm saying is that I would be worried about my team drafting him in the first round, especially since his game film gave him a third round grade.

Chiefnj2
04-01-2011, 07:45 AM
All I'm saying is that I would be worried about my team drafting him in the first round, especially since his game film gave him a third round grade.

You never know how the real scouts feel about a player. Last year the media made it a debate about Bradford or Clausen. Most of the talking heads had Clausen as a solid first rounder. When MoveTheSticks (a real scout) reported that Clausen would fall out of the first, the drafturbators declared him a retard, a former scout, this is why he has no job, etc.

Taylor could have had a higher grade from 34 scouts than what was being reported by the Kipers and Mayochs and all who copy their grades.

Chiefnj2
04-01-2011, 08:34 AM
They say Bowers won't be attending the draft. Several players, including Von Miller, have already accepted. I wonder if it is a sign that Bowers does have knee issues that will affect his draft slot.

Dave Lane
04-01-2011, 09:13 AM

Exactly. Its not like he's Tim Tebow or something.

Detoxing
04-01-2011, 11:48 AM
You never know how the real scouts feel about a player. Last year the media made it a debate about Bradford or Clausen. Most of the talking heads had Clausen as a solid first rounder. When MoveTheSticks (a real scout) reported that Clausen would fall out of the first, the drafturbators declared him a retard, a former scout, this is why he has no job, etc.

Taylor could have had a higher grade from 34 scouts than what was being reported by the Kipers and Mayochs and all who copy their grades.

This post right here. I am quoting it because it is truth.

Pasta Giant Meatball
04-01-2011, 03:45 PM
Exactly. Its not like he's Tim Tebow or something.

Or that POS Ayers.

Chiefshrink
04-03-2011, 12:55 PM
They say Bowers won't be attending the draft. Several players, including Von Miller, have already accepted. I wonder if it is a sign that Bowers does have knee issues that will affect his draft slot.

Until the "official medical reports" are revealed he will be a 'sidebar' until then. If the reports say good to go then he will be a top ten. If there is "some doubt" or conflicting reports from one doctor to another, then Bowers will drop and someone will get a "helluva a value steal" because bottom line, you can't ignore what you see on tape his Sr.yr. But there again that is an issue because you saw very little his soph and jr. yr:thumb:

Chiefshrink
04-03-2011, 12:57 PM
Could Bowers play the 3/4? With that being said, if there are conflicting Dr. reports and Bowers falls to us do you take that chance? What say you?

SDChiefs
04-04-2011, 09:57 PM

Tim tebow called. He wants to know why you're not calling him back.

Von Dumbass
04-05-2011, 02:55 AM
Tim tebow called. He wants to know why you're not calling him back.

Tim Tebow was the greatest college football player of all-time. His game film was superb.

milkman
04-05-2011, 09:41 AM
Tim Tebow was the greatest college football player of all-time. His game film was superb.

I just want to tell you you're an idiot, because I've neglected to tell you that in a while.