PDA

View Full Version : Poop Rand Paul, Stand Up Guy

orange
03-31-2011, 03:45 PM
Last night, Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) spoke at the Congressional Correspondents Dinner. At one point, Paul referenced these flip-flops by Gingrich to criticize both his politically driven foreign policy positions and his infidelity to his wives. Paul also poked fun at Fox News, saying that it is having a hard time deciding what it likes more, bombing the Middle East or attacking President Obama, in deciding its opinion on Libya:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/62j93NbLL7U?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/62j93NbLL7U?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

http://thinkprogress.org/2011/03/31/rand-paul-newt-gingrich/

LMAO

Fishpicker
03-31-2011, 04:02 PM
that's great. I love hearing the gasps around the room. you can tell there is some genuine discomfort there.

BucEyedPea
03-31-2011, 04:53 PM
Well he won't make any brownie points in the GOP skewering Rockerfeller's man. It will get vicious. Still it's ballsy. I especially like the part about Fox News.

Chocolate Hog
03-31-2011, 04:58 PM
http://4usanews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/The-Situation-Attempts-To-Roast-Donald-Trump-On-Comedy-Central.jpg

shirtsleeve
03-31-2011, 05:20 PM
Yeah, he certainly didn't make many friends there with that speech. The truth can be painful sometimes. It also struck me as a bit too controversial for someone who isn't mulling a run.

WV
03-31-2011, 05:27 PM
Yeah....stand up guy. He should be careful throwing stones, he is a politician after all and I'm sure more of his dirt will come to light.

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2010/08/woman-accuses-of-rand-paul-of-basically-acting-like-a-us-senator-while-still-in-college.html

Rand Paul may not have graduated from Baylor, but he sure had some adventures in the two and a half years he was there! When it comes to influencing political discourse, GQ’s new post about Paul’s time at Baylor probably won’t make up for the ego bruise the magazine suffered after passing on Michael Hastings’s profile of General Stanley McChrystal, which ran in Rolling Stone and later occasioned McChrystal’s resignation. But it does contain some pretty strange dirt on Paul, who’s up for a Senate seat in November.

The post concerns Paul’s membership in a secret society called the NoZe Brotherhood, which mostly seems to have specialized in regular old college mischief: pranks, a satirical newspaper, a failed attempt to dig up a time capsule buried in 1945. (Also, “they’d parade around campus carrying a giant picture of Anita Bryant with a large hole cut out of her mouth after the former beauty queen proclaimed oral sex sinful.”) But as Politico was quick to point out, the most disturbing moment in Jason Zengerle’s mini-portrait comes near the end:

[Paul] and a NoZe brother paid a visit to a female student who was one of Paul’s teammates on the Baylor swim team. According to this woman, who requested anonymity because of her current job as a clinical psychologist, “He and Randy came to my house, they knocked on my door, and then they blindfolded me, tied me up, and put me in their car. They took me to their apartment and tried to force me to take bong hits. They’d been smoking pot.” After the woman refused to smoke with them, Paul and his friend put her back in their car and drove to the countryside outside of Waco, where they stopped near a creek. “They told me their god was ‘Aqua Buddha’ and that I needed to bow down and worship him,” the woman recalls. “They blindfolded me and made me bow down to ‘Aqua Buddha’ in the creek. I had to say, ‘I worship you Aqua Buddha, I worship you.’”

Zengerle writes that all this information was “discovered in the course of reporting a story about Paul for GQ, and if the finished product is anywhere near as weird as this preview, we can’t wait to read it.

JimBaker488
03-31-2011, 08:43 PM
Well he won't make any brownie points in the GOP skewering Rockerfeller's man. It will get vicious. Still it's ballsy. I especially like the part about Fox News.
I didn't know anybody in the Republican party took shots at Fox ? This guy really is his own man.

LiveSteam
03-31-2011, 09:34 PM
Who care what a PUSSY ASS METRO-SEXUAL has to say. Nice roses pillowbiter

Dave Lane
03-31-2011, 09:38 PM
I didn't know anybody in the Republican party took shots at Fox ? This guy really is his own man.

Democrats frown at members that do that but the gop will fucking flay you alive for that crap.

BucEyedPea
03-31-2011, 10:41 PM
Yeah....stand up guy. He should be careful throwing stones, he is a politician after all and I'm sure more of his dirt will come to light.

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2010/08/woman-accuses-of-rand-paul-of-basically-acting-like-a-us-senator-while-still-in-college.html

This was discussed here during the election and was debunked. It's just college prank stuff. Even the woman in the story says she was never kidnapped.
This was just something his senate opponent used to try to descredit him but it was stupid. I think Bush was in a secret society in college too.

shirtsleeve
04-01-2011, 04:15 PM
This was discussed here during the election and was debunked. It's just college prank stuff. Even the woman in the story says she was never kidnapped.
This was just something his senate opponent used to try to descredit him but it was stupid. I think Bush was in a secret society in college too.

You are correct about Paul and this already being debunked by the so called kidnap-ee. Funny how blogs grab the smear and run with it like its truth. Paul's "secret society" was also a light hearted farce making fun of the real ones in the Ivy league...like the Skull and Bones. Which W really did belong to. That stuff is scary.

chiefsnorth
04-01-2011, 05:11 PM
He seems like someone bound to true ideals even if I think some of them are a little out there. I think we could do with about 10 more of him in the Senate. (but maybe no more)

wazu
04-06-2011, 08:42 PM
He's just like his Dad. Doesn't give a damn who he pisses off. Which is too bad, because his ideas about how the federal government should operate are usually the only good ones offered on the Senate floor.

wazu
04-06-2011, 08:44 PM
Oh, and I think the shot at Newt was bush-league. Not a big Newt fan or anything, but don't make cracks like that, especially if they aren't fall-out-of-your-chair-laughing funny.