PDA

View Full Version : Draftee contracts

chiefsnorth
04-01-2011, 05:52 PM
Dumb question.

What will happen regarding the players we draft this year? With no CBA, they won't be signed to contracts, correct? Will the current players contact them and bring them in to whatever their training programs might be? Will they just sit around for a year if the season isn't played?

Anyone know what would happen assuming the season weren't played this year?

BossChief
04-01-2011, 06:27 PM
I have a better question...

what happens if there is no football played all year...do the players drafted this year re-enter the draft the following year?

Direckshun
04-02-2011, 02:31 AM
I have an even better question than that...

Is the Hell pictured in the Bible a place of eternal, active torture, or is it more of an envisionment of a reality without God, and thus is implicitly tormented?

BryanBusby
04-02-2011, 03:36 AM
I have a better question...

what happens if there is no football played all year...do the players drafted this year re-enter the draft the following year?
In order to be eligible to re-enter a draft, a draftee would have to sit out the NFL year and reapply next year. Since lock out = no start to the year for the league, teams will continue to have rights to their selected players regardless of if any games are played in 2011.

What the players do until they are eligible to sign a contract would likely depend on what type of insurance policy they have in case some freak career ending injury were to happen.

chiefsnorth
04-03-2011, 09:08 AM
How about existing contracts? If a player has 3 years left on his deal, does this count as one of those years?