PDA

View Full Version : Int'l Issues Religion of Peace strikes again..Two U.N. staff killed in Afghanistan were beheaded

petegz28
04-02-2011, 01:53 PM
Two U.N. staff killed in Afghanistan were beheaded: police
MAZAR-I-SHARIF, Afghanistan (Reuters) At least eight foreign U.N. workers were killed, two of them beheaded, on Friday in the northern Afghan city of Mazar-i-Sharif after a demonstration against the burning of Korans by a U.S. preacher, a regional police spokesman said.

"Eight foreigners were killed and two were beheaded," said Lal Mohammad Ahmadzai, a police spokesman for the northern region.

Over a thousand protesters had flooded into the streets of the normally peaceful city after Friday prayers, and after two or three hours violence broke out.

A small group attacked the U.N. compound, throwing stones and climbing on blast barriers to try and enter.

A police source, who declined to be named as he was not authorized to speak to the media, said protesters had stormed into the compound where they attacked the victims.

The chief of the mission in the city was wounded but survived, and the dead included employees of Norwegian, Romanian and Swedish nationalities, he added.

A United Nations spokesman confirmed that there had been deaths of personnel at the mission in Mazar-i-Sharif but declined to give further details, saying the situation on the ground was still confusing.

Staffan De Mistura, the top U.N. representative in Afghanistan, was heading to Mazar-i-Sharif to handle the matter personally, he added.

Thousands of demonstrators marched through western Herat city and around 200 in Kabul, but there was no violence at either protest.

(Reporting by Mohammad Bashir, Editing by Jeremy Laurence)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110401/wl_nm/us_afghanistan_unitednations_deaths_6

petegz28
04-02-2011, 01:55 PM
Gives an eerie credibility to the guy who was burning the Koran.

Saul Good
04-02-2011, 03:24 PM
This is just another case of one or two Muslims making the rest look bad.

Duck Dog
04-02-2011, 04:05 PM
The news reported the Koran burning as another western gaff that strained relations with the mid east. I know somewhere, someone is reporting that the senseless beheading of two and the killing of 6 more innocent people has further strained the tolerance the rest of the world has thus shown for Muslims.

orange
04-02-2011, 04:09 PM
Gives an eerie credibility to the guy who was burning the Koran.

Terry Jones: "We must hold these countries and people accountable for what they have done as well as for any excuses they may use to promote their terrorist activities. The time has come to hold Islam accountable."

Yes, we should send our army over their and crush them...

... oh, wait.

Hog Farmer
04-02-2011, 05:13 PM
Those guys really need to relax and have a pork sammich. They take things way too serious. Maybe every time we see them burn an American flag we should go kill a few muslims.

Phobia
04-02-2011, 05:32 PM
I think those U.N. people probably did something to deserve it. Like, they probably wouldn't burn properly so they had to cut their heads off.

mlyonsd
04-02-2011, 06:12 PM
You would have thought burning a frew bibles in retaliation would have been enough.

That said Terry Jones needs his teeth knocked out for being a douche.

Otter
04-02-2011, 06:50 PM
Can we pull out our troops and drop AK-47s, a years supply of ammo and a couple pounds of meth on that cess pool and let nature take its course already?

Duck Dog
04-02-2011, 07:28 PM
Can we pull out our troops and drop AK-47s, a years supply of ammo and a couple pounds of meth on that cess pool and let nature take its course already?

That's worked well enough in our cities.

ClevelandBronco
04-02-2011, 08:10 PM
Terry Jones: "We must hold these countries and people accountable for what they have done as well as for any excuses they may use to promote their terrorist activities. The time has come to hold Islam accountable."

Yes, we should send our army over their and crush them...

... oh, wait.

Obama's not at war with Islam.

Is he?

orange
04-02-2011, 08:25 PM
I believe we are at war with the extremists in Afghanistan. Aren't we?

ClevelandBronco
04-02-2011, 08:29 PM
I believe we are at war with the extremists in Afghanistan. Aren't we?

Yeah. That's what I thought. The guy you quoted was talking about Islam.

orange
04-02-2011, 08:39 PM
Yeah. That's what I thought. The guy you quoted was talking about Islam.

"We must hold these countries and people accountable..."

Yes, he does manage to extrapolate from these acts to all of Islam. I think that's a reach, personally. The Taliban isn't in Egypt, for example.

But let's say I'm wrong. Nuke them all?

ClevelandBronco
04-02-2011, 09:16 PM
"We must hold these countries and people accountable..."

Yes, he does manage to extrapolate from these acts to all of Islam. I think that's a reach, personally. The Taliban isn't in Egypt, for example.

But let's say I'm wrong. Nuke them all?

:drool:

HonestChieffan
04-02-2011, 10:07 PM
More beheadings....http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jp3ePqbcbn3XsRMU5tU6YyHNpcMg?docId=CNG.76b96a556a95cbd54e43eeafb4c0a866.5a1

PESHAWAR, Pakistan (AFP) — Militants early Friday beheaded three security guards at a NATO truck terminal and damaged 10 oil tankers in a restive Pakistani tribal area bordering Afghanistan, officials said.

The murders took place at the NATO supply vehicle hub in Landi Kotal, a town in the restive Khyber tribal district where the bulk of supplies destined for foreign troops in Afghanistan pass through.

“Early Friday we found the beheaded bodies of three security guards from the NATO trucking terminal,” tribal administration official Iqbal Khan Khattak told AFP.

“The attackers also damaged 10 oil tankers with mortars and small arms fire, but there was no blaze as the tankers were empty and had returned from Afghanistan after delivering supplies,” Khattak said.

The drivers had parked up at the terminal on their return journey to stay overnight in nearby hotels, he said.

“It is the work of the militants,” Khattak replied when asked who could be behind the killings, alluding to numerous attacks that have targeted workers employed in re-supplying foreign forces based in Afghanistan.

KILLER_CLOWN
04-03-2011, 12:46 AM
beheading, or bombed to smithereens...smells like a war may be happening.

Easy 6
04-03-2011, 11:31 AM
All of this for one obscure pastor with a flock of 50 at best?

Get us the hell outta there, those people simply dont deserve our blood & money. The ones that want to move forward in the world are too weak & cowardly to rein in the monsters, so let them live under their rule. To use a shopworn phrase, 'Freedom Isnt Free'.

petegz28
04-03-2011, 06:44 PM
All of this for one obscure pastor with a flock of 50 at best?

Get us the hell outta there, those people simply dont deserve our blood & money. The ones that want to move forward in the world are too weak & cowardly to rein in the monsters, so let them live under their rule. To use a shopworn phrase, 'Freedom Isnt Free'.

Freedom isn't free....there's a hefty ****in' fee. And if you don't chip in your buck-0-5 who will?

Freedom costs a buck-0-5

LOCOChief
04-04-2011, 09:13 AM
"Mohammed is God's apostle. Those who follow him are ruthless
to the unbelievers but merciful to one another" Quran 48:29

HonestChieffan
04-04-2011, 09:28 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-BBxtENo5-bU/TZluI9NBNWI/AAAAAAAA__8/DbpJgMvQP88/s400/wwjd.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-SQpxD9bRPN8/TZluItSHdCI/AAAAAAAA__s/7q66EFLIyfU/s400/wwmd.jpg

LOCOChief
04-04-2011, 09:31 AM

The Apostle Paul: 1 Corinthians 13:

1 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

Chief Faithful
04-04-2011, 10:08 AM

Sura 5:51: O you who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: they are but friends and protectors to each other. And he among you that turns to them for friendship is of them.