PDA

View Full Version : I keep watching Akeem Ayers tape...

Direckshun
04-06-2011, 12:46 AM
...and I think hes second round material.

Anybody else with me?

I've been convinced for about a month and a half that he was Pioli's pick.

Now I'm thinking it's not him anymore.

I think that necessarily narrows our options to offensive line and defensive line.

We're not in the hunt for secondary in the first round. The value at WR isn't there. All the available LBs are either poor value or they won't fit Pioli's doggedly rigid system.

Meanwhile, options about at OL: Castonzo, Carimi, Sherrod, Pouncey, Solder. Odds are too strong there's someone in there Pioli loves.

DL as well, not just with Taylor at NT, but with Watt, Jordan, Wilkerson, Ballard, and Heyward. Ditto there.

KCrockaholic
04-06-2011, 12:51 AM
Holy shit dude. You are OBSESSED with AYERS. What is the deal? How many damn Ayers threads have you made in the last 2 months? I don't get it.... You say you don't like him, but you are constantly asking, and discussing about him. I just don't get it.

And BTW I'm with you on the Ayers 2nd round talent thing. He's middle to lower 2nd round talent to me. I don't understand why he's ranked so high in so many draft sites rankings.

He's about player No. 45 out of 50 in my book. Maybe lower.

BossChief
04-06-2011, 12:54 AM
didn't he time around 4.8?

The dude has good instincts and is a good player but 4.8 doesn't seem to be first round material.

I still think Studebaker will be given every opportunity to lock down the starters role before the team invests a significant pick at LOLB after being under the wing of Vrabel the last two years and having truly elite measurables.

Id be shocked if Ayers was there in the second and if he was, Id take him there, but not in the first.

Direckshun
04-06-2011, 01:21 AM
Holy shit dude. You are OBSESSED with AYERS. What is the deal? How many damn Ayers threads have you made in the last 2 months? I don't get it.... You say you don't like him, but you are constantly asking, and discussing about him. I just don't get it.

And BTW I'm with you on the Ayers 2nd round talent thing. He's middle to lower 2nd round talent to me. I don't understand why he's ranked so high in so many draft sites rankings.

He's about player No. 45 out of 50 in my book. Maybe lower.

Uh...

1. I like him personally.
2. I do not like him as a prospect at #21.
3. I believe that Pioli really likes him based on what we know about him.
4. I have long believed that he likes him enough to pick him at #21.
5. I doth protest this, but am resigneth to it.
6. I continue to watch Ayers on tape, and I believe he is more of a quality 2nd round pick than a 1st round pick.
7. If that indeed is the case.... then read the OP.

Von Dumbass
04-06-2011, 04:26 AM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/q14Px6MLRfk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dMqEw5XDQ84" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/l5OeiwZVjzI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pasta Giant Meatball
04-06-2011, 07:05 AM
Youtube does not equal "tape" ROFL

Direckshun
04-06-2011, 07:42 AM
Youtube does not equal "tape" ROFL

No shit, dumbass.

I think we've found Dane's mult. We all knew he'd be back eventually.

Pasta Giant Meatball
04-06-2011, 07:47 AM
No shit, dumbass.

I think we've found Dane's mult. We all knew he'd be back eventually.

...and I think we've found the Voyager.

Direckshun
04-06-2011, 07:47 AM
God, if you just watch his highlight videos, he looks like a midrounder. Man that's bad.

SNR
04-06-2011, 07:59 AM
I see no explosion or speed from him. Even his tackling is kind of weak. That's one reason why I gave ChiefsCountry crap when he selected him at 21

I doubt Pioli drafts him in the 1st. Yes, he is prone to make WTF picks, but as we've seen, we can never predict those WTF picks. Tyson Jackson, Dexter McCluster... those all came out of nowhere.

doomy3
04-06-2011, 09:28 AM
Yes, I agree with the OP. I do not want any part of Ayers in the first round.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-06-2011, 09:32 AM
I see no explosion or speed from him. Even his tackling is kind of weak. That's one reason why I gave ChiefsCountry crap when he selected him at 21

I doubt Pioli drafts him in the 1st. Yes, he is prone to make WTF picks, but as we've seen, we can never predict those WTF picks. Tyson Jackson, Dexter McCluster... those all came out of nowhere.

Which is why I think Pioli picked MU's new BB coach.

DA_T_84
04-06-2011, 10:02 AM
I dunno, his 11+ minute highlight tape is pretty impressive. I didn't watch him much outside of the K-State game, so I'm not well versed in his abilities.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/J36hhdBm9QU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pestilence
04-06-2011, 10:36 AM
I dunno, his 11+ minute highlight tape is pretty impressive. I didn't watch him much outside of the K-State game, so I'm not well versed in his abilities.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/J36hhdBm9QU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's the thing though....it's a highlight tape. It should be fucking impressive. The other videos show almost his entire performance throughout the game. And what it shows me is that he's inconsistent.

El Jefe
04-06-2011, 11:10 AM
[QUOTE=Direckshun;7542262]...and I think hes second round material.

Anybody else with me?

I've been convinced for about a month and a half that he was Pioli's pick.

I agree, I have never ever liked Ayers in the first round, or really just in general.