PDA

View Full Version : Mario Harvey LB Marshall

Coogs
04-06-2011, 11:02 AM
I watched Marshall play on TV a couple of times last season. Harvey really stood out on the defense. He is roughly the same size as James Harrison from the Steelers at 6' tall and 250 pounds. Marshall had him playing ILB. He was a good tackler, and could get after the QB with both sacks and pressures.

He ran a 4.46 forty, and his 10 yard split, short shuttle, 3 cone times were right up there with the best of the top OLB candidates in the draft.

My question is this...

Do you think he could be moved to the OLB position across from Hali?

Pestilence
04-06-2011, 11:06 AM
Can he play in space and cover TEs?

Pestilence
04-06-2011, 11:07 AM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/K5x9M0AAFPs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SuperChief
04-06-2011, 11:07 AM
I watched Marshall play on TV a couple of times last season. Harvey really stood out on the defense. He is roughly the same size as James Harrison from the Steelers at 6' tall and 250 pounds. Marshall had him playing ILB. He was a good tackler, and could get after the QB with both sacks and pressures.

He ran a 4.46 forty, and his 10 yard split, short shuttle, 3 cone times were right up there with the best of the top OLB candidates in the draft.

My question is this...

Do you think he could be moved to the OLB position across from Hali?

James Harrison definitely does not look like he's 6'. I've seen the guy in person - definitely looks like he's 5'9.

Mr. Laz
04-06-2011, 11:10 AM
and is he strong enough to hold the edge?

Coogs
04-06-2011, 11:11 AM

I do not know. I know Harrison is a beast at the OLB position, and they are comparable in size. All of his times are with the best of the OLB candidates, and better than some we are discussing for future Chiefs. I'm just wondering if this guy should not be in the conversation as well.

The OSU highlights you show are not great on him. One of the games I watched was when they played West Virginia. Dude had a huge game, and Marshall nearly pulled the upset.

Coogs
04-06-2011, 11:12 AM
James Harrison definitely does not look like he's 6'. I've seen the guy in person - definitely looks like he's 5'9.

He is right at 5-11

Coogs
04-06-2011, 11:14 AM
and is he strong enough to hold the edge?

I don't know. But he is one heck of a football player. He dominated the WVU game. Marshall should have won.

Dave Lane
04-06-2011, 11:16 AM
From the video clip he has bad field awareness, takes bad angles and is a poor tackler.

Coogs
04-06-2011, 11:46 AM
From the video clip he has bad field awareness, takes bad angles and is a poor tackler.

Not a great video in support of Harvey. But again, I watched him dominate WVU.

TrickyNicky
04-07-2011, 10:02 AM
I thought he looked pretty decent in coverage in that vid. He had a few nice tackles against Pryor. No moves when he played the edge though but that should be expected.