PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Don't let the door hit you in the ass Glenn!

Frankie
04-06-2011, 12:13 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110406/ap_en_tv/us_tv_fox_beck

Glenn Beck's Fox show dropped

By DAVID BAUDER, AP Television Writer
6 mins ago

NEW YORK – Fox News Channel on Wednesday said it was dropping Glenn Beck's afternoon talk show, which has sunk in the ratings and suffered financially due to an advertiser boycott.

Fox and Beck said the show will end later this year.

Fox News and Beck's company, Mercury Radio Arts, said they will work together to create other projects for Fox television and digital.
Beck was a quick burn on Fox News Channel. Almost immediately after joining the network in January 2009, he doubled the ratings at his afternoon time slot. Fans found his conservative populism entertaining, while Comedy Central's Stephen Colbert described Beck's "crank up the crazy and rip off the knob" moments.

He was popular with Tea Party activists and drew thousands of people to the National Mall in Washington last August for a "restoring honor" rally.

Yet some of his statements were getting him in trouble, and critics appealed to advertisers to boycott his show last summer after Beck said President Barack Obama had "a deep-seated hatred for white people."

More than 400 Fox advertisers told the company they did not want their commercials on Beck's show.

Viewers also began turning away. Beck's 5 p.m. ET show averaged 2.7 million viewers during the first three months of 2010, and was at just under 2 million for the same period this year, the Nielsen Co. said. His decline was sharper among younger viewers sought by advertisers.

Increasingly, the show began to be dominated by Beck standing in front of a chalk board giving his theories about the world's troubles.
However, Beck has built a powerful brand for himself with a radio show and digital properties. A key Fox executive, Joel Cheatwood, is joining Mercury Radio Arts later this month.

"I truly believe that America owes a lot to Roger Ailes and Fox News," Beck said in a statement. "I cannot repay Roger for the lessons I've learned and will continue to learn from him and I look forward to starting this new phase of our partnership."

One of Beck's most prominent critics — David Brock, founder of the liberal watchdog Media Matters for America — said that "the only surprise is that it took Fox News months to reach this decision."

ROYC75
04-06-2011, 12:14 PM
You had to know it was coming after some of his remarks? Advertising on TV is big.

Radar Chief
04-06-2011, 12:19 PM
You had to know it was coming after some of his remarks? Advertising on TV is big.

Not that I give much of a shit but what has Beck been saying?

Hog Farmer
04-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Beck knows more about America's future than congress does. Way more.

Jenson71
04-06-2011, 01:09 PM
I have a real dislike for the guy. Good move ending his show, but it should never have been on in the first place.

ClevelandBronco
04-06-2011, 01:11 PM
I saw about 10 minutes of it once. I guess I'll never get to watch another 10.

BucEyedPea
04-06-2011, 01:11 PM
Marxists really dislike Beck—to be expected. Gotta wondah if these critics and boycotters were in the camp that Beck was exposing.

Nothing new. The MSM isn't where it's at.

RedNeckRaider
04-06-2011, 01:14 PM
Marxists really dislike Beck—to be expected. Gotta wondah if these critics and boycotters were in the camp that Beck was exposing.

Anyone who dislikes fearmongering shameless shills dislike Beck~

mlyonsd
04-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Atta boy Frankie, good job. Now get to work on Hannity.

LiveSteam
04-06-2011, 01:16 PM
Beck said President Barack Obama had "a deep-seated hatred for white people."

What about this statement is not true?
The fucker hates Whitey, Hates American democracy.
Ever god dam thing Beck says is true

Radar Chief
04-06-2011, 01:17 PM
Anyone who dislikes fearmongering shameless shills dislike Beck~

Pretty much, that and I’m just never going to be OK with the fake crying :BS:.

LiveSteam
04-06-2011, 01:19 PM

& THIS!

chiefsnorth
04-06-2011, 01:20 PM
Not that I give much of a shit but what has Beck been saying?

According to the article ha said that Obama has a deep seeded hate for white people. I wouldn't go that far, I think Obama was brought up in a poor family situation and was raised in a radical environment and this colored heavily his views on what America is and whether he likes it or not.

But Beck did go that far, Democrat-style race baiting, and the boycott hurt ad revenue on an already low rated program in a bad time slot.

blaise
04-06-2011, 01:23 PM
Strangely, even when he's off the air he'll have higher ratings than Keith Olbermann's new show.

RedNeckRaider
04-06-2011, 01:28 PM
Atta boy Frankie, good job. Now get to work on Hannity.

I am far from a lefty and sometimes wonder if Beck is a plant from the left. His over the top fearmonger bullshit along with the fake crying makes the right look silly. Beck does more for the left movement than he does for the right IMO~

Direckshun
04-06-2011, 01:29 PM
Reason wins out in the longterm.

I just wish there wasn't so much collateral damage in the process.

chiefsnorth
04-06-2011, 01:29 PM
Strangely, even when he's off the air he'll have higher ratings than Keith Olbermann's new show.

Franko's collection of empty lotion bottles says at least one person is watching Keith, wherever he's been relegated to.

Direckshun
04-06-2011, 01:30 PM
His over the top fearmonger bullshit along with the fake crying makes the right look silly. Beck does more for the left movement than he does for the right IMO~

Agreed.

This should be addition by subtraction for Fox News.

Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong overdue.

RedNeckRaider

Olbermann and Beck are two of the best reasons I can think of to keep the channel changer handy~

mlyonsd
I am far from a lefty and sometimes wonder if Beck is a plant from the left. His over the top fearmonger bullshit along with the fake crying makes the right look silly. Beck does more for the left movement than he does for the right IMO~
I wouldn't know. I listened to him a little on the radio back in the early 2000's when having to drive 8 hours for work but haven't paid attention to him since.

mlyonsd
04-06-2011, 01:31 PM
I know, maybe Palin can take his time slot.

WINNING!

Direckshun
04-06-2011, 01:34 PM

WINNING!

This does beg an interesting question, though, of where Fox News goes from here.

Do they strive to earn a seat back at the adult table, and put somebody seriously credible in place?

Do they put another "commentator" that they won't count as their ever-slimming news programing?

Or will they once again try to straddle the line between serious and unserious.

Or will they follow MSNBC's lead, and give a liberal his own TV show in enemy territory.

blaise
I've never seen more than maybe 30 seconds of his show.

ROYC75
I saw about 10 minutes of it once. I guess I'll never get to watch another 10.

Oh, there is still time. Grab the popcorn, enjoy the show.

RedNeckRaider
04-06-2011, 01:37 PM
I wouldn't know. I listened to him a little on the radio back in the early 2000's when having to drive 8 hours for work but haven't paid attention to him since.

I gave him a shot and just could not handle his act. Like most talking heads he takes half truths and spins them wildly. His humble sevant of God act is more than I can bear~

ROYC75
04-06-2011, 01:37 PM
Ha Ha. The show took a crazy turn after the 1st year, Beck started acting.

He turned into a news rating hack.

ROYC75
04-06-2011, 01:38 PM
I gave him a shot and just could not handle his act. Like most talking heads he takes half truths and spins them wildly. His humble sevant of God act is more than I can bear~

I watched quite a bit at first, then I couldn't handle his drama and poor acting.

Direckshun
04-06-2011, 01:41 PM
Ha Ha. The show took a crazy turn after the 1st year, Beck started acting.

He turned into a news rating hack.

Started?

Turned?

Exactly how long have you followed his show?

chiefsnorth
04-06-2011, 01:42 PM
I think he annoyed a lot of people who marginally supported him with that rally on religion - trying to set himself up as some kind of religious conscience-bearer when his beliefs differ so radically from the people he wanted to lead.

mlyonsd
04-06-2011, 01:44 PM
This does beg an interesting question, though, of where Fox News goes from here.

Do they strive to earn a seat back at the adult table, and put somebody seriously credible in place?

Do they put another "commentator" that they won't count as their ever-slimming news programing?

Or will they once again try to straddle the line between serious and unserious.

Or will they follow MSNBC's lead, and give a liberal his own TV show in enemy territory.

I know you'll be shocked to hear this but I think they're already at the adult table.

To your question....don't know. I hope they don't give it to that horrible judge Napalitano, or what ever his name is. Horrible in that I can't listen to him.

Direckshun
04-06-2011, 01:48 PM
I know you'll be shocked to hear this but I think they're alread at the adult table.

Ha.

Beck? O'Reilly? Hannity? Kelly? Palin? Malkin? Carlson? Deucy? Kilmeade? Cavuto? Morris?

Seriously, the programming is run by teenagers at Fox News.

Back to the original question -- who would you give the show to?

I know they'd probably get a big audience with Lou Dobbs, but that brings us right back to straddling that line between the serious and unserious.

mlyonsd
04-06-2011, 01:51 PM
Ha.

Beck? O'Reilly? Hannity? Kelly? Palin? Malkin? Carlson? Deucy? Kilmeade? Cavuto? Morris?

I know they'd probably get a big audience with Lou Dobbs, but that brings us right back to straddling that line between the serious and unserious.

I don't listen to any of them. I watch that channel for the 5 O'Clock Special Report and the Sunday show with Chris Wallace. I do catch parts of O'Reilly once in a while. I don't see why you have a problem with him. He's more into the entertainment side of cable tv but to me he seems fair.

I doubt it will be a big name. That's a pretty ugly time slot.

Direckshun
04-06-2011, 01:54 PM
I don't listen to any of them.

Then don't defend the channel if you don't watch it. Period. You don't know what's being aired.

The people I just listed are the highest rated programs on the channel, they determine the discourse on the channel, and they take up the majority of the programming, and the rest of the programming largely follows their lead.

They ARE Fox News. So they can take this firing of Beck and attempt to take one of their biggest clowns and go in an unquestionably serious direction.

But I think we both know what they're going to do.

WV
04-06-2011, 01:54 PM
Ha.

I'm not a fan of several of the shows you mentioned, but Fox is the only non Left alternative as far as the news media goes.

Direckshun
04-06-2011, 01:57 PM
I'm not a fan of several of the shows you mentioned, but Fox is the only non Left alternative as far as the news media goes.

Then you know what you should do?

Stop defending a channel that makes your ideology look stupid.

Direckshun
04-06-2011, 01:58 PM
Maybe this will be Matt Drudge's foray into television programming once and for all.

That sound you're hearing is the cap popping off of Pete's lube.

WV
04-06-2011, 02:00 PM

I'm defending it because like I said it's the only alternative to the left stream media. I don't particularly like to watch any of the talking heads, but if I'm going to watch something I'd prefer it lean towards my views.

Chocolate Hog
04-06-2011, 02:00 PM

The ****er hates Whitey, Hates American democracy.

Except the part about Obama being half white....

ClevelandBronco
04-06-2011, 02:01 PM

I'll read Malkin (didn't know she was on FOX) and I won't turn Cavuto off (I don't seek him out, either), but I can't find a reason to watch the rest. I have to admit that I don't even know who Kelly, Deucy and Kilmeade are.

Thig Lyfe
04-06-2011, 02:03 PM

lol

Chocolate Hog
What's wrong with O'Reilly? The guy is entertaining as fuck.

mlyonsd
Then don't defend the channel if you don't watch it. Period. You don't know what's being aired.

The people I just listed are the highest rated programs on the channel, they determine the discourse on the channel, and they take up the majority of the programming, and the rest of the programming largely follows their lead.

They ARE Fox News. So they can take this firing of Beck and attempt to take one of their biggest clowns and go in an unquestionably serious direction.

But I think we both know what they're going to do.

Thanks but I'll defend anything I want. I've never said Fox wasn't right leaning. The programs I watch are fair. Fairer than what you'll see from the big 3 networks when it comes to presenting hard news and opinions.

And, you watch all the shows they air? Wow, never would have figured that.

mlyonsd
04-06-2011, 02:05 PM
What's wrong with O'Reilly? The guy is entertaining as ****.Direck has given him the thumbs down so the conversation is over.

orange
04-06-2011, 02:11 PM
"Megyn Kelly is the rising star at FOX, she get's the slot."

That's what I was about to post, along with a story about this I saw a few months ago; so I GOOGLE for the story and I see this:

<iframe src="http://videos.mediaite.com/embed/player/?layout=&playlist_cid=&media_type=video&content=GQ2JWN2W11Q25ST4&read_more=1&widget_type_cid=svp" width="420" height="421" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

go bowe
04-06-2011, 02:12 PM
Direck has given him the thumbs down so the conversation is over.it's good to accept the inevitable, my son...

your spirit will rejoice...

jiveturkey
04-06-2011, 02:14 PM
I'm always surprised by the amount of people who can stand watching more than 2 minutes of news/opinion a day.

I don't care which way you lean. That shit is terrible TV watchin'.

LiveSteam
04-06-2011, 02:14 PM
Direck has given him the thumbs down so the conversation is over.

Does that go for Jews to?

chiefsnorth
04-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Direck has given him the thumbs down so the conversation is over.

Dreck is just going to act like anyone who does not endorse Obama's "budget" is a possible domestic terrorist.

Jenson71
04-06-2011, 03:03 PM
Looking forward to stevieray's apologia.

BucEyedPea
04-06-2011, 03:39 PM
lol

lol

go bowe
04-06-2011, 03:49 PM
lolnow that's the first thing you've said today that makes actual sense...

good for you, honey... :toast: :toast: :toast:

Direckshun
04-06-2011, 04:05 PM
I don't particularly like to watch any of the talking heads, but if I'm going to watch something I'd prefer it lean towards my views.

Anything to make your delicate feelings in tact, I guess.

ROYC75
04-06-2011, 04:09 PM
Reason wins out in the longterm.

I just wish there wasn't so much collateral damage in the process.

So what you are saying is Obama will lose his re-election bid?

ROYC75
04-06-2011, 04:12 PM

If you weren't so far left, somebody might believe you.

stevieray
04-06-2011, 07:09 PM
if beck rubs on defleckshun in an incorrect manner, chances are merit exists.

I read he's starting his own cable channel, like Oprah...don't know if that has any truth to it, though the mention of Joel Cheatwood is interesting.

Frankie
04-06-2011, 08:11 PM

ROFL You are a funny man.

Frankie
04-06-2011, 08:13 PM

The ****er hates Whitey, Hates American democracy.

:facepalm:

Frankie
04-06-2011, 08:15 PM
Beck does more for the left movement than he does for the right IMO~

That's why part of me have actually been sad about his departure.

Frankie
04-06-2011, 08:16 PM

WINNING!

:popcorn:

go bowe
04-06-2011, 08:19 PM
i so dissapoint...

misra beck go bye bye...

what chinaman do now?

go bowe
04-06-2011, 08:20 PM
:popcorn:great, another cancellation of a palin show...

Frankie
04-06-2011, 08:21 PM
Looking forward to stevieray's apologia.

:eek: I was thinking EXACTLY the same thing right before I read your post. Twilight Zone?

Frankie
04-06-2011, 08:23 PM
I read he's starting his own cable channel, like Oprah....

How is Glenn Beck University doing?

mnchiefsguy
04-06-2011, 08:23 PM
Megan Kelly is ten times the journalist that Rachel Maddow is.

mlyonsd
04-06-2011, 08:31 PM
great, another cancellation of a palin show...

From Fox's perspective it makes total sense since the left has more of an infatuation with her than the right does.

go bowe
04-06-2011, 08:33 PM
Megan Kelly is ten times the journalist that Rachel Maddow is.rachel maddow, a journalist?

she's a commentator...

a liberal commentator...

i'm not sure of which one megan kelly is, but i think she's the news anchor that i've seen on youtube a few times...

she may be a journalist, but she doesn't seem to be the sharpest pencil in the drawer...

mnchiefsguy
04-06-2011, 08:36 PM
rachel maddow, a journalist?

she's a commentator...

a liberal commentator...

i'm not sure of which one megan kelly is, but i think she's the news anchor that i've seen on youtube a few times...

she may be a journalist, but she doesn't seem to be the sharpest pencil in the drawer...

According to Frankie, Rachel Maddow is the greatest journalist of this generation....

Frankie
04-06-2011, 08:37 PM
Megan Kelly is ten times the journalist that Rachel Maddow is.

Your GQ magazine must have arrived.

go bowe
04-06-2011, 08:38 PM
From Fox's perspective it makes total sense since the left has more of an infatuation with her than the right does. infatuation?

it's not like we want to have ms. palin as a girlfriend, is it?

more like, umm, ridicule?

car wreck syndrome?

feeling reassured that there are people in the world dumber than they are?

i don't know that i'd call it infatuation... :p :p :p

go bowe
04-06-2011, 08:40 PM
According to Frankie, Rachel Maddow is the greatest journalist of this generation....like you listen to frankie about anything...

but if that's frankie's position, i'll just have to disagree...

otoh, al jazeera has some excellent journalists...

the other news sources should find out where al jazeera is finding them and get some of their own...

Frankie
04-06-2011, 08:42 PM
rachel maddow, a journalist?

she's a commentator...

a liberal commentator...

RM IS a commentator. And a very smart one too. All you have to do is read her bio. MK, on the other hand just had a "revealing spread" in the GQ magazine. So naturally she is ten times better than RM.

LiveSteam
04-06-2011, 08:44 PM
:facepalm:

You are saying Obama isnt racist against Honkies? Really?
Rev Right aint a racist either is he. :facepalm:

go bowe
04-06-2011, 08:47 PM
RM IS a commentator. And a very smart one too. All you have to do is read her bio. MK, on the other hand just had a "revealing spread" in the GQ magazine. So naturally he is ten times better than RM.what's this? fox news has a tranny for an anchor?

nttawwt

mnchiefsguy
04-06-2011, 08:49 PM
Your GQ magazine must have arrived.

I don't get GQ, but you must get it and follow it closely since you know so much...got a link?

Frankie
04-06-2011, 08:50 PM
According to Frankie, Rachel Maddow is the greatest journalist of this generation....

Somebody oughta belt you with a neg-rep for your baseless lie.

But I won't.... I won't.... THE HELL I WILL!....

POW!!!

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c187/john-wayne/John%20Wayne/mclintock_001.jpg

mnchiefsguy
04-06-2011, 08:52 PM

POW!!!

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c187/john-wayne/John%20Wayne/mclintock_001.jpg

So you don't consider Rachel Maddow to be a great journalist?

mlyonsd
04-06-2011, 08:53 PM
infatuation?

it's not like we want to have ms. palin as a girlfriend, is it?

more like, umm, ridicule?

car wreck syndrome?

feeling reassured that there are people in the world dumber than they are?

i don't know that i'd call it infatuation... :p :p :p

No, I'm pretty sure I used the right word. Seeing as she'd go away if the left would ignore her.

Frankie
04-06-2011, 08:53 PM
You are saying Obama isnt racist against Honkies? Really?
Rev Right aint a racist either is he. :facepalm:

Obama is NOT Rev. Right. Although to some racist eyes "they all look the same."

Frankie
04-06-2011, 08:54 PM
what's this? fox news has a tranny for an anchor?

nttawwt

Oh 'hit!' I had a typo.
:)

LiveSteam
04-06-2011, 08:55 PM

Thats right. They do look all the same. When they come out of Right's camp.

Frankie
04-06-2011, 08:55 PM
I don't get GQ, but you must get it and follow it closely since you know so much...got a link?

http://www.mediaite.com/print/megyn-kelly-feeds-the-beast-of-objectification-strips-down-for-gq/

mlyonsd
04-06-2011, 08:56 PM
RM IS a commentator. And a very smart one too. All you have to do is read her bio. MK, on the other hand just had a "revealing spread" in the GQ magazine. So naturally she is ten times better than RM.Maddow=Palin when it comes to brains. Sarah or Bristol. Take your pick.

go bowe
04-06-2011, 08:56 PM
No, I'm pretty sure I used the right word. Seeing as she'd go away if the left would ignore her.but that would take all the fun out of it... :huh: :huh: :huh:

Frankie
04-06-2011, 08:58 PM
Maddow=Palin when it comes to brains. Sarah or Bristol. Take your pick.

Dude go google their bios and their education. You'll apologize for this post.

RJ
04-06-2011, 09:13 PM
I'm always surprised by the amount of people who can stand watching more than 2 minutes of news/opinion a day.

I don't care which way you lean. That shit is terrible TV watchin'.

A couple of days ago I had to make a two hour drive for work. I decided to try listening to Rush for a while. That lasted about 15 minutes. Then I decided to listen to the lib station which I hadn't done for a couple of years. That woman, whoever she was, was more annoying than Rush. She lasted about another 15 minutes.

I finally settled on Classic Rock. A little Stairway to Heaven and Freebird is good for the soul once a year or so.

Frankie
04-06-2011, 09:30 PM
A couple of days ago I had to make a two hour drive for work. I decided to try listening to Rush for a while. That lasted about 15 minutes. Then I decided to listen to the lib station which I hadn't done for a couple of years. That woman, whoever she was, was more annoying than Rush. She lasted about another 15 minutes.

Was her name Randi Rhodes, per chance?

Dallas Chief
04-06-2011, 09:47 PM
RM IS a commentator. And a very smart one too. All you have to do is read her bio. MK, on the other hand just had a "revealing spread" in the GQ magazine. So naturally she is ten times better than RM.

Really? Her bio says she is smart? Holy hell man, let's put her in charge then!:spock:

Dallas Chief
04-06-2011, 09:53 PM

POW!!!

Freakin Moslems! Always resorting to violent rhetoric!!!:p:p:p

Radar Chief
04-06-2011, 10:06 PM
what's this? fox news has a tranny for an anchor?

nttawwt

Tremec, Muncie or Saginaw?

Frankie
04-06-2011, 10:09 PM
Really? Her bio says she is smart? Holy hell man, let's put her in charge then!:spock:

Rachel Maddow

"A graduate of Castro Valley High School in Castro Valley, California, Maddow earned a degree in public policy from Stanford University in 1994.[15] At graduation she was awarded the John Gardner Fellowship. She was also the recipient of a Rhodes Scholarship and began her postgraduate study in 1995 at Lincoln College, Oxford. In 2001, she earned a Doctor of Philosophy (DPhil) in politics from Oxford University. Her thesis is titled HIV/AIDS and Health Care Reform in British and American Prisons (supervisor: Dr Lucia Zedner). She was the first openly gay American to win a Rhodes scholarship."

Yeah it does, and I'd say she's pretty damn smart. Now since the post I replied to compared her to Sarah Palin I add SP's education bio as a bonus.

Sarah Palin

"After graduating from high school, Palin enrolled at the University of Hawaii at Hilo. Shortly after arriving in Hawaii, Palin switched to Hawaii Pacific University in Honolulu for a semester in the fall of 1982. She transferred to North Idaho College, a community college in Coeur d'Alene, for the spring and fall semesters of 1983. (In June 2008, the Alumni Association of NIC gave her its Distinguished Alumni Achievement Award.)

In 1984, Palin won the Miss Wasilla beauty pageant. She finished third in the Miss Alaska pageant, playing flute in the talent portion of the contest, and receiving both the Miss Congeniality award and a college scholarship.
She attended the University of Idaho in Moscow in the fall of 1984 and spring of 1985, and attended Matanuska-Susitna College in Alaska in the fall of 1985. Palin returned to the University of Idaho in the spring of 1986, and received her bachelor's degree in communications with an emphasis in journalism in 1987."

Frankie
04-06-2011, 10:11 PM
Freakin Moslems! Always resorting to violent rhetoric!!!:p:p:p

LMAO

I actually might have given him a positive rep by accident.

Oh well,

"In the name of ALLah the Benevolent, the Merciful."

Dallas Chief
04-06-2011, 10:18 PM
LMAO

I actually might have given him a positive rep by accident.

Oh well,

"In the name of ALLah the Benevolent, the Merciful."

Man I could not wait to drop a Moslem on you! I haven't used that word since probably 7th grade world history. Thank you for being such a good Moslem sport about it.

Dallas Chief
04-06-2011, 10:32 PM
Rachel Maddow

"A graduate of Castro Valley High School in Castro Valley, California, Maddow earned a degree in public policy from Stanford University in 1994.[15] At graduation she was awarded the John Gardner Fellowship. She was also the recipient of a Rhodes Scholarship and began her postgraduate study in 1995 at Lincoln College, Oxford. In 2001, she earned a Doctor of Philosophy (DPhil) in politics from Oxford University. Her thesis is titled HIV/AIDS and Health Care Reform in British and American Prisons (supervisor: Dr Lucia Zedner). She was the first openly gay American to win a Rhodes scholarship."

Yeah it does, and I'd say she's pretty damn smart. Now since the post I replied to compared her to Sarah Palin I add SP's education bio as a bonus.

Sarah Palin

"After graduating from high school, Palin enrolled at the University of Hawaii at Hilo. Shortly after arriving in Hawaii, Palin switched to Hawaii Pacific University in Honolulu for a semester in the fall of 1982. She transferred to North Idaho College, a community college in Coeur d'Alene, for the spring and fall semesters of 1983. (In June 2008, the Alumni Association of NIC gave her its Distinguished Alumni Achievement Award.)

In 1984, Palin won the Miss Wasilla beauty pageant. She finished third in the Miss Alaska pageant, playing flute in the talent portion of the contest, and receiving both the Miss Congeniality award and a college scholarship.
She attended the University of Idaho in Moscow in the fall of 1984 and spring of 1985, and attended Matanuska-Susitna College in Alaska in the fall of 1985. Palin returned to the University of Idaho in the spring of 1986, and received her bachelor's degree in communications with an emphasis in journalism in 1987."

I am sooooo impressed with her education! Like I said if she is so smart why don't you guys put her in charge of something, other than Fairytale Land TV, and see what happens. All that education and all she has is a crummy little tv show on an even crummier network. Sarah Palin's educational tract looks very similar to my own. Probably like a lot of average Americans. Look where that has gotten her. City Council, Mayor, Governor, VP Candidate, Book Deals, TV Shows, political clout with a large number of Americans- more than RM's total monthly viewership i'd venture to guess.

Now tell me Frank, which education was the better investment? Madcow doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of the influence that Sarah wields. How does Sarah's ass taste? Like wild mountain honey I bet....

Frankie
04-06-2011, 10:47 PM
I am sooooo impressed with her education! Like I said if she is so smart why don't you guys put her in charge of something, other than Fairytale Land TV, and see what happens. All that education and all she has is a crummy little tv show on an even crummier network. Sarah Palin's educational tract looks very similar to my own. Probably like a lot of average Americans. Look where that has gotten her. City Council, Mayor, Governor, VP Candidate, Book Deals, TV Shows, political clout with a large number of Americans- more than RM's total monthly viewership i'd venture to guess.

Now tell me Frank, which education was the better investment? Madcow doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of the influence that Sarah wields. How does Sarah's ass taste? Like wild mountain honey I bet....

Irrelevant, dude. The post I was replying to was this:

Maddow=Palin when it comes to brains. Sarah or Bristol. Take your pick.

Frankie
04-06-2011, 10:55 PM

Neither SP's nor RM's ass would taste good. I'm not into that kinda stuff.

You are giving too much credit to SP's "political clout." The rest is a product of highly financed marketing. She is referred to mostly as a joke. A successfully marketed joke ala Paris Hilton, but a joke nevertheless. That said, if you are asking me which one I would like to spend a one-nighter with, of course it would be SP. But if the question is which one I would love to have in my circle of friends, it would be RM, hands down.

stevieray
04-06-2011, 11:58 PM
How does Sarah's ass taste? Like wild mountain honey I bet....

LMAO

then GB's is sure to please.

the OP is basically a lie....but hey, we're talking about the head cheerleader for the Keith Olbermann fan club!

His company is MERGING with FOX to develop and produce programs. I highly doubt Roger Ales would let go the highest rated cable show since the first episode.

Jenson71
04-07-2011, 05:20 AM
I highly doubt Roger Ales would let go the highest rated cable show since the first episode.

Are you serious? The show is ending on Fox. It's not because Beck wants it to. It's because Fox is letting it go.

Jenson71
04-07-2011, 05:28 AM

It is not surprising to see you spout a perverted view of education, Dallas Chief.

mlyonsd
04-07-2011, 06:42 AM
Rachel Maddow

Sarah Palin

The guy currently occupying the WH is proof education really isn't a good measurement for brains.

Jenson71
04-07-2011, 06:45 AM
The guy currently occupying the WH is proof education really isn't a good measurement for brains.

This is ridiculous and unnecessary. Obama is intelligent. People who get into Harvard Law School are intelligent. People who become editors of the Harvard Law Review are very intelligent.

stevieray
04-07-2011, 06:51 AM

heh, how would we know? the transparency of his records are nonexistent.

stevieray
04-07-2011, 06:53 AM
Are you serious? The show is ending on Fox. It's not because Beck wants it to. It's because Fox is letting it go.
LMAO

Jenson71
04-07-2011, 06:53 AM
His company is MERGING with FOX to develop and produce programs.

Also, I see no information that Mercury Radio Arts is merging with News Corporation.

Jenson71
04-07-2011, 06:55 AM
LMAO

Don't believe me? That's what happens when your advertising competition drys up because they don't want their products associated with someone.

mlyonsd
04-07-2011, 06:59 AM
This is ridiculous and unnecessary. Obama is intelligent. People who get into Harvard Law School are intelligent. People who become editors of the Harvard Law Review are very intelligent.

Yeah I was mostly just :Poke:Frankie. It's not hard to do.

Obama is intelligent. The problem is he has no common sense.

Jenson71
04-07-2011, 07:00 AM

Sorry to curb the fun.

Chief Henry
04-07-2011, 07:03 AM

We don't evn know how Obama paid for his college education ?

Jenson71
04-07-2011, 07:06 AM
:eek: I was thinking EXACTLY the same thing right before I read your post. Twilight Zone?

He's been the resident bootlicker of Glenn Beck. This news demanded his input.

Jaric
04-07-2011, 07:10 AM
I really don't get the hard on people seem to have to Glenn Beck.

On either side.

:shrug:

Jenson71
04-07-2011, 07:10 AM
We don't evn know how Obama paid for his college education ?

Yeah, we do. It was paid by an Islamic anti-colonialism league fund.

Jenson71
04-07-2011, 07:12 AM

On either side.

He was the most notorious private populist demagogue in the United States since Father Coughlin. Which is why some people really loved him, and why some people really disliked him.

Radar Chief
04-07-2011, 07:14 AM

On either side.

The fake crying thing really annoys the living shit out of me.
I grew up in the Midwest in the ‘80’s watching Oral Roberts ripping old ladies off with that fake crying :BS:. I suppose Beck isn’t quite as bad, at least he hasn’t hit the airwaves crying that God was going to kill him if he doesn't collect $1,000,000.00. :rolleyes:

Jenson71
04-07-2011, 07:14 AM
heh, how would we know? the transparency of his records are nonexistent.

For all the bad things that can be said about Sarah Palin, at least she did reveal her college transcripts. We got to give her credit for that.

LiveSteam
04-07-2011, 08:02 AM
Glenn Beck said last night. He is staying at Fox,& that all the 5 o'clock Beck haters are really going to be pissed when they find out what Fox is about to let him do.
What ever it is? Im sure their will be a bible & chalk bored involved.

Jaric
04-07-2011, 08:08 AM
He was the most notorious private populist demagogue in the United States since Father Coughlin. Which is why some people really loved him, and why some people really disliked him.

Huh. How 'bout that.

I didn't really watch him except one time for about 10 minutes and that was about all I could take. My impression was that he was fairly clownlike and not really worthy of scorn or praise.

To be fair though, that's my impression of about 90% of the people on news shows these days, so take that as you will.

BucEyedPea
04-07-2011, 08:15 AM

Obama is intelligent. The problem is he has no common sense.

Affirmative Action. There's gotta be a reason we can't see his grades.

Jenson71
04-07-2011, 08:16 AM
Glenn Beck said last night. He is staying at Fox,& that all the 5 o'clock Beck haters are really going to be pissed when they find out what Fox is about to let him do.
What ever it is? Im sure their will be a bible & chalk bored involved.

The biggest thing Fox, a television network, can do for Beck is give him his own show. What is bigger? Giving him two shows.

Whatever Beck and Fox's collaboration becomes, it will be less than it is currently. Shouldn't that be obvious?

He might produce some segments for other people's shows, but he no longer has a show of his own at Fox after it ends.

Jenson71
04-07-2011, 08:19 AM
Huh. How 'bout that.

I didn't really watch him except one time for about 10 minutes and that was about all I could take. My impression was that he was fairly clownlike and not really worthy of scorn or praise.

To be fair though, that's my impression of about 90% of the people on news shows these days, so take that as you will.

He's been profiled constantly in magazines and newspapers. He has a huge voice through his books, radio, TV show, and website.

This is not some obscure, small-market guy. If you don't know much about him, it's probably that you are out of touch with current, mainstream media-politics and entertainment, which might not be a bad thing.

Jenson71
04-07-2011, 08:22 AM

You mean beyond the personal privacy reasons of the student?

Radar Chief
04-07-2011, 08:23 AM
He's been profiled constantly in magazines and newspapers. He has a huge voice through his books, radio, TV show, and website.

This is not some obscure, small-market guy. If you don't know much about him, it's probably that you are out of touch with current, mainstream media-politics and entertainment, which might not be a bad thing.

Or maybe it’s because we purposely avoid anything with Beck’s name or face attached to it.

Lzen
04-07-2011, 08:26 AM

Wow, that's a real mature answer. So you don't think that if someone listens to a pastor preach the race baiting crap that Wright preached for 20 some years, that person might share those beliefs?

Lzen
04-07-2011, 08:28 AM
Dude go google their bios and their education. You'll apologize for this post.

Ok. Do you think George W. Bush is dumb? NM, I'm sure I already know your answer. Go look at his bio and education and then get back to me. You can't have it both ways.

ROYC75
04-07-2011, 08:29 AM

OK, it's Rev.Left ?:thumb:

Chiefshrink
04-07-2011, 08:29 AM
:hmmm: Read through the whole thread to this point and it doesn't surprise me that many of the posters are Libs who rarely watched Beck or know little about the Fox News Channel other than what is told to them by their Marxist Media but yet have definitive factual opinions:shrug:

You see the ole saying that say's "You know you are over the target when you get the flak" applies here. Beck was exposing Soros BIG TIME!!

Bottom line: Murdoch gives into Soros and as it stands now it looks as though Soros gets the last laugh on Beck.

Jaric
04-07-2011, 08:33 AM

I refuse to watch channels like Fox or MSNBC (or any of the major "news" networks for that matter) because it isn't news, it's theatre, badly acted theatre at that. Life is too short to spending it watching talking heads who do nothing but lie to you in between commercial breaks.

Jenson71
04-07-2011, 08:37 AM
:hmmm: Read through the whole thread to this point and it doesn't surprise me that many of the posters are Libs who rarely watched Beck or know little about the Fox News Channel other than what is told to them by their Marxist Media but yet have definitive factual opinions:shrug:

You see the ole saying that say's "You know you are over the target when you get the flak" applies here. Beck was exposing Soros BIG TIME!!

Bottom line: Murdoch gives into Soros and as it stands now it looks as though Soros gets the last laugh on Beck.

Bootlicker. A ton of companies didn't want their products known as supporters of Beck's outrageous and irresponsible speech and antics.

ROYC75
04-07-2011, 08:39 AM

Education does no good when common sense is not applied.

ROYC75
04-07-2011, 08:41 AM

On either side.

There really isn't any. Glen fizzled out long ago, the left still can't stand him. He is the right's lunatic of Keith Olberman.

Jenson71
04-07-2011, 08:42 AM

Yes, I remember your thread about the cop car's speed.

Chief Henry
04-07-2011, 08:44 AM
With out question Glenn Beck educated viewers on Obama and who his associates are.

Jenson71
04-07-2011, 08:45 AM
There really isn't any. Glen fizzled out long ago, the left still can't stand him. He is the right's lunatic of Keith Olberman.

Except no one really listens to Olbermann and no businesses pulled their ads from Olbermann's show due to his saying something so stupid it was detrimental to their company.

ROYC75
04-07-2011, 08:47 AM
Yes, I remember your thread about the cop car's speed.

Just trying to help a friend out and was only wanting to see if there was a formula to use, it was above my pay scale.

So your point is ?

Jenson71
04-07-2011, 08:48 AM
With out question Glenn Beck educated viewers on Obama and who his associates are.

I'm sure you felt educated by Glenn Beck's noise.

Jenson71
04-07-2011, 08:49 AM
Just trying to help a friend out and was only wanting to see if there was a formula to use, it was above my pay scale.

So your point is ?

That saying Obama doesn't have common sense is just a more derogatory way of saying that you don't agree with him. It's not like he can't tie his own shoes or realize when someone is mocking him or understand how to support a household.

ROYC75
04-07-2011, 08:49 AM
Except no one really listens to Olbermann and no businesses pulled their ads from Olbermann's show due to his saying something so stupid it was detrimental to their company.

Most liberal left companies just don't care, but when did Olberman bash the POTUS like Beck did? The conservatives right are are more subject to fear a fallout on viewers.

Jenson71
04-07-2011, 08:53 AM
Most liberal left companies just don't care, but when did Olberman bash the POTUS like Beck did? The conservatives right are are more subject to fear a fallout on viewers.

Well, I definitely give you props for joining the chorus of those who recognized Beck was a mere showman and facade.

ROYC75
04-07-2011, 09:05 AM
That saying Obama doesn't have common sense is just a more derogatory way of saying that you don't agree with him. It's not like he can't tie his own shoes or realize when someone is mocking him or understand how to support a household.

Common sense ? Obama ? I do question it. Seriously, let's see here, Staying far left of Americans...check

Forcing HC down the throats of Most Americans at a cost we can't afford ? Check

A world wide tour of bend over, I'll kiss your butt tour ? Check.

Making campaign pledges, not keeping them? Check

Seriously, the list goes on and on and on. One could classify him as a liar now. But we already knew this before he became POTUS.

I would say that is not acting with common sense.

With all of this said, Nobody is perfect and he ( any POTUS ) was bound to fail on many issues.

ROYC75
04-07-2011, 09:07 AM
Well, I definitely give you props for joining the chorus of those who recognized Beck was a mere showman and facade.

I liked Beck when he was on the other network. When he 1st came to Fox, it was entertaining and OK for a few months, then it got to be overkill for me.

He just went way overboard.

Jenson71
04-07-2011, 09:10 AM
Common sense ? Obama ? I do question it. Seriously, let's see here, Staying far left of Americans...check

Forcing HC down the throats of Most Americans at a cost we can't afford ? Check

A world wide tour of bend over, I'll kiss your butt tour ? Check.

Seriously, the list goes on and on and on. One could classify him as a liar now. But we already knew this before he became POTUS.

I would say that is not acting with common sense.

With all of this said, Nobody is perfect and he ( any POTUS ) was bound to fail on many issues.

Like I said: You just listed off the policy disagreements you have with him to show that he lacks common sense. Yet anyone could simply turn around and say that you lack common sense because of your opposite position on the issues.

Chief Henry
04-07-2011, 09:56 AM
I'm sure you felt educated by Glenn Beck's noise.

We as the American people still don't know alot about Obama. We do know more about our President because of Beck. Its obvious to many that you don't like the truth what Beck dug up.

LiveSteam
04-07-2011, 10:07 AM
We as the American people still don't know alot about Obama. We do know more about our President because of Beck. Its obvious to many that you don't like the truth what Beck dug up.

:thumb:

Frankie
04-07-2011, 11:12 AM
For all the bad things that can be said about Sarah Palin, at least she did reveal her college transcripts. We got to give her credit for that.

I stopped reading at the word "college." Was about to ask for a link with pictures. :p

Frankie
04-07-2011, 11:25 AM

Look below. I highlighted the reason Obama's grades should not even be in question. Unless the Right insists on polluting the scene with even more unimportant and unnecessary wedge issues.

"In late 1988, Obama entered Harvard Law School. He was selected as an editor of the Harvard Law Review at the end of his first year, and president of the journal in his second year. During his summers, he returned to Chicago, where he worked as a summer associate at the law firms of Sidley Austin in 1989 and Hopkins & Sutter in 1990. After graduating with a Juris Doctor (J.D.) magna cum laude from Harvard in 1991, he returned to Chicago. Obama's election as the first black president of the Harvard Law Review gained national media attention and led to a publishing contract and advance for a book about race relations, which evolved into a personal memoir. The manuscript was published in mid-1995 as Dreams from My Father.

University of Chicago Law School and civil rights attorney In 1991, Obama accepted a two-year position as Visiting Law and Government Fellow at the University of Chicago Law School to work on his first book. He then served as a professor at the University of Chicago Law School for twelve years—as a Lecturer from 1992 to 1996, and as a Senior Lecturer from 1996 to 2004—teaching constitutional law."

ROYC75
04-07-2011, 11:32 AM
Look below. I highlighted the reason Obama's grades should not even be in question. Unless the Right insists on polluting the scene with even more unimportant and unnecessary wedge issues.

"In late 1988, Obama entered Harvard Law School. He was selected as an editor of the Harvard Law Review at the end of his first year, and president of the journal in his second year. During his summers, he returned to Chicago, where he worked as a summer associate at the law firms of Sidley Austin in 1989 and Hopkins & Sutter in 1990. After graduating with a Juris Doctor (J.D.) magna cum laude from Harvard in 1991, he returned to Chicago. Obama's election as the first black president of the Harvard Law Review gained national media attention and led to a publishing contract and advance for a book about race relations, which evolved into a personal memoir. The manuscript was published in mid-1995 as Dreams from My Father.

University of Chicago Law School and civil rights attorney In 1991, Obama accepted a two-year position as Visiting Law and Government Fellow at the University of Chicago Law School to work on his first book. He then served as a professor at the University of Chicago Law School for twelve years—as a Lecturer from 1992 to 1996, and as a Senior Lecturer from 1996 to 2004—teaching constitutional law."

Serious? No question?

Okaaaayyyy....... Why does a Harvard grad get a free ticket ?
When other POTUS never ?

Frankie
04-07-2011, 11:33 AM
Ok. Do you think George W. Bush is dumb? NM, I'm sure I already know your answer. Go look at his bio and education and then get back to me. You can't have it both ways.

GWB was nothing but a mouthpiece for Cheney and the others who were pushing the Neo-Con agenda. Being dumb was a prerequisite for such a role.

If you are referring to W's "Ivy league" education it was dubious at best. Just because they are Ivy league schools it does not mean they are not immune to powerful and influential fathers of their "students." Obama had no such privilege and support. He got into Harvard completely on his own merits.

Frankie
04-07-2011, 11:37 AM

With a third of KO's education and one hundredth's of his accountability.

Frankie
04-07-2011, 11:38 AM
With out question Glenn Beck fooled viewers on Obama and who his associates are.

FYP.

Frankie
04-07-2011, 11:47 AM
..., but when did Olberman bash the POTUS like Beck did?

I have big problems with Olbermann's participation in Hillary-bashing to strengthen Obama's chances. But to say that he was not critical of Obama afterwards is naive.

<object id="flashObj" width="480" height="270" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0"><param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1&isUI=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=888971382001&playerID=847218437001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAvPkseQk~,nmZoLqNmmHF760Zi7BJA76MkAISK4vzR&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1&isUI=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=888971382001&playerID=847218437001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAvPkseQk~,nmZoLqNmmHF760Zi7BJA76MkAISK4vzR&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="480" height="270" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" swLiveConnect="true" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>

vailpass
04-07-2011, 11:50 AM
[QUOTE=Frankie;7545374]I have big problems with Olbermann's participation in Hillary-bashing to strengthen Obama's chances. But to say that he was not critical of Obama afterwards is naive./QUOTE]

What is your opinion of obama as President so far Frankie?

Jenson71
04-07-2011, 11:51 AM

Glenn Beck exposed one issue: that an advisor to Obama had years earlier been involved with a far-left, kiddie socialist group.

Name another one that Beck taught us about Obama.

BucEyedPea
04-07-2011, 11:53 AM

Did you know even Harvard has grade inflation? I still wanna know if he had the grades and test scores as the others that get chosen to Harvard. Like 700's and 750's on the SAT and 34 on the ACT.
He certainly isn't very smart about economics or how business need to run to survive. Then again he went to Harvard—and not their business school.

HolyHandgernade
04-07-2011, 11:54 AM

Definition of "common sense": something I (and everyone that agrees with me) have a lot of and everyone else seems to be in short supply

Frankie
04-07-2011, 11:55 AM
Seriously, let's see here, Staying far left of Americans...Right's Sean Limbeck induced paranoia.

Forcing HC down the throats of Most Americans at a cost we can't afford ? Not nearly enough.

A world wide tour of bend over, I'll kiss your butt tour ? Best presidential foreign policy in recent memory.

FYP

Frankie
04-07-2011, 11:57 AM
We as the American people still don't know alot about Obama. We do assume more shit about our President because of Beck (see my 1st sentence). Its obvious to many that you don't like the shit that Beck threw at the wall.

FYP2

Jenson71
04-07-2011, 12:00 PM
Did you know even Harvard has grade inflation? I still wanna know if he had the grades and test scores as the others that get chosen to Harvard. Like 700's and 750's on the SAT and 34 on the ACT.
He certainly isn't very smart about economics or how business need to run to survive. Then again he went to Harvard—and not their business school.

The way you get into Harvard is by taking the LSAT. Only people who do excellent on the LSAT -- like better than 98% of everyone else who took it -- and they have great grades from good schools, get into Harvard Law School.

Frankie
04-07-2011, 12:03 PM
[QUOTE=Frankie;7545374]I have big problems with Olbermann's participation in Hillary-bashing to strengthen Obama's chances. But to say that he was not critical of Obama afterwards is naive./QUOTE]

What is your opinion of obama as President so far Frankie?

Very inadequate because he still has this fantasy of "let's all kumbaya" and is willing to give up points and agenda that the voters voted him in for.

I think a couple of terms of being Hillary's VP would have prepared him better for Washington cut-throats.

vailpass
04-07-2011, 12:05 PM
[QUOTE=vailpass;7545378]

Very inadequate because he still has this fantasy of "let's all kumbaya" and is willing to give up points and agenda that the voters voted him in for.

I think a couple of terms of being Hillary's VP would have prepared him better for Washington cut-throats.

I appreciate your candor.

Frankie
04-07-2011, 12:08 PM
[QUOTE=Frankie;7545417]

I appreciate your candor.

I appreciate your avatar.

vailpass
04-07-2011, 12:17 PM
[QUOTE=vailpass;7545425]

I appreciate your avatar.

LMAO

go bowe
04-07-2011, 12:40 PM
Yeah, we do. It was paid by an Islamic anti-colonialism league fund.no no no...

it was aq...

try to keep up...

orange
04-07-2011, 12:46 PM
it was aq...

AQMM

Al Qaeda in Mau Mau.

go bowe
04-07-2011, 12:49 PM
LMAO LMAO LMAO

Dallas Chief
04-07-2011, 01:07 PM
It is not surprising to see you spout a perverted view of education, Dallas Chief.

Look junior. I highly value education because you see, I paid for it myself, not my folks, and not Uncle Sam. Now I am reaping the rewards of having that little piece of paper that says Bachelor of... The difference between you and me is that I was not some bottom feeding carp that my professors just easily hooked while trolling the classroom. I took what they said and coupled that with "real life" and formed my own opinions along the way. Sure studying away and going to a number of fancy schools makes you look oh so smart. In the end though, most (not all) of those types are just spewing forth the garbage that has been dumped into them rather than some genuinely unique ideas and opinions.

You think your little history degree from Iowa means dick out there in the real world. Give it a shot pal, I'll see you in Des Moines in a few months while you are ringing up my copy of Kilplinger's at Barnes and Noble. I'd love to see how much you actually value it down the road when you are working at the Elder Law Journal as a copy editor. But seriously, good luck to you.

Chief Henry
04-07-2011, 01:09 PM
Glenn Beck exposed one issue: that an advisor to Obama had years earlier been involved with a far-left, kiddie socialist group.

Name another one that Beck taught us about Obama.

Just name a few.......SEIU - ACORN - Van Jones and his love of the communist party. Just to name a few.

I think I've watched Glenn about 7 to 9 times. His show is on at 5 pm here in the Central time zone. I'm still working at that time and I don't record his show. But a few of the times I've watched, he has shed some light on Obama and who he keeps associations with.

Jenson71
04-07-2011, 02:39 PM
Look junior. I highly value education because you see, I paid for it myself, not my folks, and not Uncle Sam. Now I am reaping the rewards of having that little piece of paper that says Bachelor of... The difference between you and me is that I was not some bottom feeding carp that my professors just easily hooked while trolling the classroom. I took what they said and coupled that with "real life" and formed my own opinions along the way. Sure studying away and going to a number of fancy schools makes you look oh so smart. In the end though, most (not all) of those types are just spewing forth the garbage that has been dumped into them rather than some genuinely unique ideas and opinions.

You think your little history degree from Iowa means dick out there in the real world. Give it a shot pal, I'll see you in Des Moines in a few months while you are ringing up my copy of Kilplinger's at Barnes and Noble. I'd love to see how much you actually value it down the road when you are working at the Elder Law Journal as a copy editor. But seriously, good luck to you.

But seriously, you're not bitter. And seriously, you don't make up attributes for other people (parents paid for college, fancy schools, origins of opinions) so you can tear down your target.

Listen, if you value education, why would you say things like, "Now tell me Frank, which education was the better investment? Madcow doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of the influence that Sarah wields." It's the type of confused phrase that adds up to mean something very strange. You are saying that by noting someone's influence on other people, we can determine how strong an investment their education was. The education someone gets is relegated to servant status of their power. It's a perverted idea of both power and education. Is power really the aim of education? And is power supposed to be something greater than anything else an education might give you?

Jenson71
04-07-2011, 02:46 PM
Just name a few.......SEIU - ACORN - Van Jones and his love of the communist party. Just to name a few.

I think I've watched Glenn about 7 to 9 times. His show is on at 5 pm here in the Central time zone. I'm still working at that time and I don't record his show. But a few of the times I've watched, he has shed some light on Obama and who he keeps associations with.

Did you not read my question? I asked you what the Beck show has taught people about Obama, not ACORN and not SEIU or any other group that supports Obama.

Obama doesn't "keep associations" with SEIU or ACORN. He's not a member, he's not affiliated, he doesn't campaign for him, they're not some branch of the Obama team anymore than the NRA is a branch of John McCain.

So no, stories on SEIU and ACORN don't tell us about Obama. And I mentioned Van Jones' involvement with a kiddie Marxist group that occured when he was fresh out of law school, the type you characterize as "love of the communist party" which is completely made up.

This is why Beck is a problem. Because people like you watch his show and think that they understand something about Obama now. Not really looking like it, huh, Chief Henry?

So I'll ask again, what has Beck taught the country about Obama?

Lzen
04-07-2011, 02:58 PM
Heh.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/lawrence-odonnell-show-business-beck-will-end-up-like-larry-king/

A smug Lawrence O’Donnell appeared on his show last night to do what he does best — bash Glenn Beck. And during his tirade and “I told you so” monologue, he decided to start talking about ratings. Beck’s ratings are very good, he admitted, but they used to be better. That’s true. Around Beck’s 8/28 rally, his ratings skyrocketed to unsustainable levels. No one expected them to stay. So the “decline” Larry’s talking about is really a return to normal. But here‘s what’s interesting: Beck’s “normal” is almost twice as good at 5pm as O‘Donnel’s ratings at the primetime slot of 8pm. See Tuesday’s ratings from TV Newser (http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/the-scoreboard-tuesday-april-5_b60706#more-60706):
http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/ratings.jpg (http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/ratings.jpg)

durtyrute
04-07-2011, 03:44 PM
Sometimes I listen to Michael Savage on the way home from work and about two weeks about some guy called in and predicted that this would happen pretty soon. Guess he knew something. I don't reall watch to much t.v. so I don't follow the guy, just thought that was interesting.

Chiefshrink
04-07-2011, 11:02 PM
Bootlicker. A ton of companies didn't want their products known as supporters of Beck's outrageous and irresponsible speech and antics.

A ton of companies? You really think the majority of Americans didn't like what Beck had to say or do you think Soros outsourced several call centers of Leftist Thugs pounding the horn day and night on these companies?:rolleyes:

Bootlicker? :spock:

Then you are definitely Obama's 'on demand' "blow-up doll" for sure:thumb:

Dallas Chief
04-07-2011, 11:30 PM
But seriously, you're not bitter. And seriously, you don't make up attributes for other people (parents paid for college, fancy schools, origins of opinions) so you can tear down your target.

Listen, if you value education, why would you say things like, "Now tell me Frank, which education was the better investment? Madcow doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of the influence that Sarah wields." It's the type of confused phrase that adds up to mean something very strange. You are saying that by noting someone's influence on other people, we can determine how strong an investment their education was. The education someone gets is relegated to servant status of their power. It's a perverted idea of both power and education. Is power really the aim of education? And is power supposed to be something greater than anything else an education might give you?

I hate to break the news to you sport, but yes, that is the way the world works. There are those those very select few that get into the club without that slip of paper, but they are few and far between. That's why the majority of us suffer through it- so we can get out into the world and make more and more money. More money= more power. More education= more sitting around thinking how fucking smart you are and waiting for everybody else to notice.

So yeah, I am a reasonable guy and want to apologize for tearing you down earlier. I think you are probably a pretty sharp dude, you must be if you got into law school. Just remember to keep it all in perspective of what really matters- God (if that is your thing),Family, Friends, Coutntry, Honor. You'll probably make a kick ass lawyer or judge one day if you can figure out how seperate the political fibers from the way you approach school and learning. It's not too late for you yet...

Jenson71
04-08-2011, 06:49 AM
A ton of companies? You really think the majority of Americans didn't like what Beck had to say or do you think Soros outsourced several call centers of Leftist Thugs pounding the horn day and night on these companies?:rolleyes:

I think that if the companies thought it was good business to advertise on the Glenn Beck Show, then they would have, whether some small interest group was angry or not.

Chief Henry
04-08-2011, 08:10 AM
Did you not read my question? I asked you what the Beck show has taught people about Obama, not ACORN and not SEIU or any other group that supports Obama.

Obama doesn't "keep associations" with SEIU or ACORN. He's not a member, he's not affiliated, he doesn't campaign for him, they're not some branch of the Obama team anymore than the NRA is a branch of John McCain.

So no, stories on SEIU and ACORN don't tell us about Obama. And I mentioned Van Jones' involvement with a kiddie Marxist group that occured when he was fresh out of law school, the type you characterize as "love of the communist party" which is completely made up.

This is why Beck is a problem. Because people like you watch his show and think that they understand something about Obama now. Not really looking like it, huh, Chief Henry?

So I'll ask again, what has Beck taught the country about Obama?

I see you stick your head in the sand...just becareful withyour check book jenson. A fool and his money soon part.

Frankie
04-08-2011, 11:24 AM

Wow,... RUN,.... HIDE.... George Soros the Boogie Man is coming. ROFL

It's funny how Beck/Hannity/Limbaugh have planted George Soros so deep into their scared followers' mind while they are the very ones who have done the scaring. :shake:

LOCOChief
04-08-2011, 01:15 PM
Wow,... RUN,.... HIDE.... George Soros the Boogie Man is coming. ROFL

It's funny how Beck/Hannity/Limbaugh have planted George Soros so deep into their scared followers' mind while they are the very ones who have done the scaring. :shake:

Frankie, What do you know about Soros?

Frankie
04-08-2011, 01:21 PM
Frankie, What do you know about Soros?

Probably no less than you, but go ahead and make your point. I'm interested.

LOCOChief
04-08-2011, 01:31 PM
Probably no less than you, but go ahead and make your point. I'm interested.

My point is that you seem pretty sure that he is not someone that we should be concerned about. So I'm wondering if you no something that refutes the allegations made by Beck regarding Soros

Frankie
04-08-2011, 05:28 PM
My point is that you seem pretty sure that he is not someone that we should be concerned about. So I'm wondering if you no something that refutes the allegations made by Beck regarding Soros

http://www.bayareanewsgroup.com/multimedia/mn/biz/0920Forbes400.pdf

George Soros
Wealth: $8.8 billion
Ranking: 33rd (tied with Rupert Murdoch, FOX News, etc.)

Koch Brothers
Wealth: $17.0 billion each
Ranking: Tied for 9th

Koch brothers + Rupert Murdoch = 5 X George Soros.

The above have been just as invested and active for the Right's cause as Soros is for the Left's. Not to mention other Republicans like Michael Bloomberg ($11.5 billion, ranked 25th). Furthermore, not to mention Wall Street, Insurance companies, Pharmaceutical companies, etc. which constantly spend big money to stop the Left's agenda.

Whining about George Soros, in comparison to the above, is pathetic. But Sean Limbeck would scare you into believing otherwise.

crossbow
04-08-2011, 05:49 PM
This is an outrage of immeasurable consequence. I followed this man's career from the Yard birds way into the Jan Hammer collaboration era. This will set art back decades. He is a genius and to use political tactics to censor an artist of his caliber is morally shamefull.

Are you talking about JEFF BECK....?....?

(cricket chirping sounds) ....

Damn it

RJ
04-08-2011, 07:27 PM
Was her name Randi Rhodes, per chance?

No, I know who she is and I can't listen to her for 30 seconds. It was one of her almost as annoying counterparts.

go bowe
04-08-2011, 11:25 PM
http://www.bayareanewsgroup.com/multimedia/mn/biz/0920Forbes400.pdf

George Soros
Wealth: $8.8 billion
Ranking: 33rd (tied with Rupert Murdoch, FOX News, etc.)

Koch Brothers
Wealth: $17.0 billion each
Ranking: Tied for 9th

Koch brothers + Rupert Murdoch = 5 X George Soros.

The above have been just as invested and active for the Right's cause as Soros is for the Left's. Not to mention other Republicans like Michael Bloomberg ($11.5 billion, ranked 25th). Furthermore, not to mention Wall Street, Insurance companies, Pharmaceutical companies, etc. which constantly spend big money to stop the Left's agenda.

Whining about George Soros, in comparison to the above, is pathetic. But Sean Limbeck would scare you into believing otherwise.interesting...

makes sense...

terrorist sympathizers unite!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Bewbies
04-09-2011, 12:01 AM
Is this thread real?

stevieray
04-09-2011, 07:52 AM
the Left's agenda.

at least this guy admits there is an agenda.

stevieray
04-09-2011, 07:59 AM
I see you stick your head in the sand...just becareful withyour check book jenson. A fool and his money soon part.

you're wasting your time. let them think ths is some kind of personal victory.

..truth and reality will continue to crush their fantasy, and expose the how the left isn't really liberal. they won't have honest discussions about the radicals surrounding the president. hell, they probably see themselves as such...i'd almost wager within a year, most likely they'll be bragging about it.

Chiefshrink
04-09-2011, 11:12 AM
hell, they probably see themselves as such...i'd almost wager within a year, most likely they'll be bragging about it.

THIS!!!:thumb:

They are doing it now as we speak and they get away with it because the MSMM are one of them plain and simple:thumb:

Frankie
04-09-2011, 03:56 PM
at least this guy admits there is an agenda.

"Definition of AGENDA:

A list or outline of things to be considered or done"

What's your point? :rolleyes:

orange
04-09-2011, 04:19 PM
... i'd almost wager within a year, most likely they'll be bragging about it...

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/vQQ9v62e0AY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/vQQ9v62e0AY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>

"What a despicable putz!"

Can you tell us how you really feel, Donny?

Frankie
04-09-2011, 04:20 PM
you're wasting your time. let them think ths is some kind of personal victory.

..truth and reality will continue to crush their fantasy, ....

ROFL ROFL "Truth and reality" describing Glenn Beck?! ROFL

Must be pure stuff you are shooting up.

ROYC75
04-09-2011, 07:00 PM
Is this thread real?

Fortunately.

KCBOSS1
04-09-2011, 07:33 PM
The man is a genius. He is educating this country more than any of the rest of the media. He will probably own his own network.

Frankie
04-09-2011, 07:38 PM
The man is a charlatan. He is dumbing up this country more than any of the rest of the media. He will probably own his own network.

FYP

SDChiefs
04-09-2011, 10:07 PM

Lmao. Pass the peotie.

RedNeckRaider
04-10-2011, 11:57 AM
The man is a genius. He is educating this country more than any of the rest of the media. He will probably own his own network.

LMAO....you are joking right :spock:

Jaric
04-10-2011, 12:20 PM
<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/vQQ9v62e0AY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/vQQ9v62e0AY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>

"What a despicable putz!"

Can you tell us how you really feel, Donny?

So that's Glen Beck huh? He thinks he's Paul Revere? And he's leaving Fox to "Fight in the Revolution?"

He's joking right?

Baby Lee
04-10-2011, 03:57 PM
Lmao. Pass the peotie.

Peotie Tang is underrated.

vailpass
04-10-2011, 06:03 PM
Peotie Tang is underrated.

Cole me on the panny sty.

Bewbies
04-11-2011, 11:07 AM
If you are in the media and conservative you are never a smart businessman, you are always a shill who got what you did by lying and cheating.

You also led brain dead people from the right to do whatever you said because they are incapable of rational thought.

Besides, in Glenn Beck's case he's leaving Fox to go back to the CIA in DC.

Frankie
04-11-2011, 12:27 PM
If you are in the media and conservative you are never a smart businessman, you are always a shill who got what you did by lying and cheating.

Nobody is claiming Beck is not a smart businessman. He took $32 million in one year to the bank selling you his laughably bogus product. We are just saying he is an unscrupulous low-life businessman.

notorious
04-11-2011, 12:28 PM
Boooooooo!

orange
04-11-2011, 01:36 PM

You also led brain dead people from the right to do whatever you said because they are incapable of rational thought.

Besides, in Glenn Beck's case he's leaving Fox to go back to the CIA in DC.

http://a1468.g.akamai.net/f/1468/580/1d/pics.Drugstore.com/prodimg/78972/200.jpg

Bewbies
04-11-2011, 03:00 PM
http://a1468.g.akamai.net/f/1468/580/1d/pics.Drugstore.com/prodimg/78972/200.jpg

I'm not complaining, I'm glad he's going back to CIA. No more mass confusion.

Bewbies
04-11-2011, 03:01 PM
Nobody is claiming Beck is not a smart businessman. He took $32 million in one year to the bank selling you his laughably bogus product. We are just saying he is an unscrupulous low-life businessman.

Case. In. Point.

|Zach|
04-11-2011, 07:23 PM
lol.