PDA

View Full Version : Obama Obama To GOP On Budget: Getting Your Way "Is Not How It Works"

petegz28
04-06-2011, 05:52 PM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/04/06/obama_to_gop_on_budget_getting_your_way_is_not_how_it_works.html

"At a time when you are struggling to pay your bills and meet your responsibilities, the least we can do to meet our responsibilities is produce a budget. That is not too much to ask for. That is what the American people expect of us, that's what they deserve. You want everybody to act like adults, quit playing games and realize it is not my way or the highway," President Obama said in Pennsylvania before he is set to hold a fundraiser tonight.

petegz28
04-06-2011, 05:54 PM
WTF do you even start with this?

Hello, President Dumb Fuck, WTF don't we currently have a budget?

Oh yea, it's because YOUR party dicked around like little kids and didn't pass one.

Now suddenly the people deserve a budget? Why didn't they deserve one when it was YOUR party's job to pass one, dumb ass?

petegz28
04-06-2011, 05:56 PM
I seem to remember Barry saying something to Repubs a few years ago, something like "I won, get over it".

Elections have consequences???

Suddenly he has a change of heart.

KC Dan
04-06-2011, 06:49 PM
WTF do you even start with this?

Hello, President Dumb ****, WTF don't we currently have a budget?

Oh yea, it's because YOUR party dicked around like little kids and didn't pass one.

Now suddenly the people deserve a budget? Why didn't they deserve one when it was YOUR party's job to pass one, dumb ass?
THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He should STFU & STFD, F'N govt hypocrits

FD
04-06-2011, 06:49 PM
I seem to remember Barry saying something to Repubs a few years ago, something like "I won, get over it".

Elections have consequences???

Suddenly he has a change of heart.

He is still President, and the voters elected a Democratic Senate in the last election. Neither of those things matter though? The House represents the entirety of the government now?

ROYC75
04-06-2011, 06:51 PM
Tell him to make it happen, he's the POTUS.

Discuss Thrower
04-06-2011, 06:51 PM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/04/06/obama_to_gop_on_budget_getting_your_way_is_not_how_it_works.html

"At a time when you are struggling to pay your bills and meet your responsibilities, the least we can do to meet our responsibilities is produce a budget. That is not too much to ask for. That is what the American people expect of us, that's what they deserve. You want everybody to act like adults, quit playing games and realize it is not my way or the highway," President Obama said in Pennsylvania before he is set to hold a fundraiser tonight.

Uh healthcare reform?

KC Dan
04-06-2011, 06:52 PM
He is still President, and the voters elected a Democratic Senate in the last election. Neither of those things matter though? The House represents the entirety of the government now?Then, please answer these:

Where is the Democratic Senate's passed budget?

Where is Obama's proposed budget with actual cuts?

FD
04-06-2011, 06:55 PM
Then, please answer these:

Where is the Democratic Senate's passed budget?

Where is Obama's proposed budget with actual cuts?

Obama proposed a budget and is willing to compromise. Senate Democrats are also willing to compromise. House Republicans are not willing to compromise, but as Obama correctly pointed out thats "not how it works" when government is split. You have to compromise with the other side.

petegz28
04-06-2011, 06:56 PM
He is still President, and the voters elected a Democratic Senate in the last election. Neither of those things matter though? The House represents the entirety of the government now?

According to some Dems like Steny Hoyer, yes.

petegz28
04-06-2011, 06:57 PM
Obama proposed a budget and is willing to compromise. Senate Democrats are also willing to compromise. House Republicans are not willing to compromise, but as Obama correctly pointed out thats "not how it works" when government is split. You have to compromise with the other side.

That's because the Dems proposal is dick and does nothing but punt the problems of today on down the road. Kudos for the Repubs for standing strong on actually trying to cut some spending.

petegz28
04-06-2011, 06:59 PM

So where was the budget we should be operating under? The Dems had no one to compromise with and they couldn't get it done. So that screams to me they really don't want a budget so what is to compromise?

Perhaps Obama should tell them they can go along for the ride but they have ride in the back of the bus?

FD
04-06-2011, 07:01 PM
That's because the Dems proposal is dick and does nothing but punt the problems of today on down the road. Kudos for the Repubs for standing strong on actually trying to cut some spending.

The Republican's plan (the one being argued about now, not the Ryan plan) is dick too. A tiny sliver of non-defense discretionary spending? Get real, its nothing more than grandstanding.

So where was the budget we should be operating under? The Dems had no one to compromise with and they couldn't get it done. So that screams to me they really don't want a budget so what is to compromise?

Perhaps Obama should tell them they can go along for the ride but they have ride in the back of the bus?

I agree the Democrats got themselves into this mess, but it doesn't mean they don't have a say anymore. They clearly do.

petegz28
04-06-2011, 07:29 PM
The Republican's plan (the one being argued about now, not the Ryan plan) is dick too. A tiny sliver of non-defense discretionary spending? Get real, its nothing more than grandstanding.

I agree the Democrats got themselves into this mess, but it doesn't mean they don't have a say anymore. They clearly do.

They have a say and had a say and we all heard what they said. "Let the spending continue!!!!!"

HonestChieffan
04-06-2011, 08:06 PM
Our buddy barry has contributed zero to the fix.

He has to accept that he has failed. His line in the sand is shut it down.

KC Dan
04-06-2011, 08:13 PM
Again, WHERE IS THE DEMOCRAT 2011 BUDGET? WHERE IS THE DEMOCRAT 2012 PROPOSED BUDGET? HELL, WHERE IS THE SENATE'S PASSED 2011 BUDGET AFTER RECEIVING THE HOUSE"S?

Don't exist, I know. The only idea they have proposed is to have NO budget and just spend, spend, spend. Prove me wrong

thecoffeeguy
04-06-2011, 08:56 PM

Bullshit. Obama or the Dems have not produced anything of any sort related to a budget.

The simple fact is, Republicans were put in charge to reduce spending. They were voted into office for that reason because Barry and his dipshit democrats have racked up $4 TRILLION dollars in 2 1/2 years.

do your self a favor and read up on Paul Ryans budget proposal. you will actually learn just how fucked up this country is economically and the direction we are heading.

Obama has been MIA on this and shows absolutely ZERO leadership on this. Ya, real nice POTUS we have there...what a joke and embarrassment.

trndobrd
04-06-2011, 09:39 PM

The 2011 budget should have been passed before the start of FY 2011, not halfway through the year. If the House Democrats, under Nancy Pelosi, should have passed an FY 2011 back in September/October, instead of abdicating their responsibility because of election year fears, this would not be happening.

mnchiefsguy
04-06-2011, 09:44 PM
The Republican budget is the only budget out there...if Obama wants a different budget, perhaps the Democrats should have proposed one.

By the way Mr. President, the budget and allocation of spending funds falls under the auspice of the House of Representatives. The Republicans control it, so they DO get a significant place at the table.

mlyonsd
04-06-2011, 09:48 PM
The 2011 budget should have been passed before the start of FY 2011, not halfway through the year. If the House Democrats, under Nancy Pelosi, should have passed an FY 2011 back in September/October, instead of abdicating their responsibility because of election year fears, this would not be happening.

I think democrats, totally in control in 2010, that failed to pass a budget shouldn't have much to complain about now.

That's the way I'd treat my kids anyway. And seeing the 2010 dems acted like kids they should be treated the same way. A belt would be good too.

Otter
04-07-2011, 07:46 AM
I think democrats, totally in control in 2010, that failed to pass a budget shouldn't have much to complain about now.

That's the way I'd treat my kids anyway. And seeing the 2010 dems acted like kids they should be treated the same way. A belt would be good too.

You're assuming liberal democrats know anything about responsibility. They got themselves into this mess now cry like spoiled children when it comes time to put on the big boy pants.

They're a fucking disgrace of representatives and human beings.

Jenson71
04-07-2011, 07:49 AM
LMAO at the comments in this thread.

Chief Henry
04-07-2011, 08:06 AM
Again, WHERE IS THE DEMOCRAT 2011 BUDGET? WHERE IS THE DEMOCRAT 2012 PROPOSED BUDGET? HELL, WHERE IS THE SENATE'S PASSED 2011 BUDGET AFTER RECEIVING THE HOUSE"S?

Don't exist, I know. The only idea they have proposed is to have NO budget and just spend, spend, spend. Prove me wrong

THIS x One MILLION

Chief Henry
04-07-2011, 08:07 AM

and what exactly has Obama and them Dems been doing about the budget ?

Otter
04-07-2011, 08:14 AM
"Is Not How It Works"

Did Bum **** Barry hold his breath and stamp his feet when he squealed this?

Remember that little thing called 'health care reform'?

"You go through the gate. If the gate’s closed, you go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we’ll pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we’ll parachute in. But we’re going to get health care reform passed for the American people."

The only difference is this is what we voted for last election as opposed to Bum **** Barry's health care he pulled out his ass and shoved up ours.

headsnap
04-07-2011, 08:27 AM

:shake: at Jenson LMAO at the comments in this thread.

Jenson71
04-07-2011, 08:30 AM
:shake: at Jenson LMAO at the comments in this thread.

It just still surprises me when grown men bitch because THE POLITICIANS ARE DOING POLITICS. And then I have to remember: these are just idiots who just barely get by in life.

You have to remember my perspective, too. There's not a month that goes by where someone here tries to discredit my point not because of some flaw in the argument, but because of my age.

I'm sure you appreciate the view.

headsnap
04-07-2011, 08:38 AM
It just still surprises me when grown men bitch because THE POLITICIANS ARE DOING POLITICS. And then I have to remember: these are just idiots who just barely get by in life.

You have to remember my perspective, too. There's not a month that goes by where someone here tries to discredit my point not because of some flaw in the argument, but because of my age.

wow, you got that out of that!

Jenson71
04-07-2011, 08:42 AM
wow, you got that out of that!

Well feel free to expand on your head-shaking smilie.

KC native
04-07-2011, 08:50 AM
You're assuming liberal democrats know anything about responsibility. They got themselves into this mess now cry like spoiled children when it comes time to put on the big boy pants.

They're a fucking disgrace of representatives and human beings.

ROFL @ the racist pos who doesn't think he's a disgrace to humanity.

Otter
04-07-2011, 09:20 AM
ROFL @ the racist pos who doesn't think he's a disgrace to humanity.

I thought I smelled bad breath, semen scented flatulence and failure slime its way into the room.

Jaric
04-07-2011, 09:21 AM
Well feel free to expand on your head-shaking smilie.

Usually when someone (a person or smilie in this case) shakes their head horizontally, it's a non-verbal way of expressing the word "no."

Now, had it been a verbal shake, that would have meant "yes."

Ebolapox
04-07-2011, 09:30 AM
this is what happens when you elect 'feel good' bullshit like hope and change. I'd say style over substance, but there WAS no substance to be had that election.

seriously, did NOBODY see this coming when we elected a guy who was only slightly more qualified than a cub scout to be president?

Chief Henry
04-07-2011, 09:47 AM
this is what happens when you elect 'feel good' bullshit like hope and change. I'd say style over substance, but there WAS no substance to be had that election.

seriously, did NOBODY see this coming when we elected a guy who was only slightly more qualified than a cub scout to be president?

I don't think Obama went to cub scout meetings...but he did go to alot of inner city THUG community organizing meetings.

KC native
04-07-2011, 09:58 AM
I thought I smelled bad breath, semen scented flatulence and failure slime its way into the room.

More right wing racist homoerotic obsession. ROFL

HerculesRockefell
04-07-2011, 10:22 AM

How did exactly the voters elect a Democratic Senate last election when the entire body wasn't up for election like the House, and they lost 6 seats?

petegz28
04-07-2011, 10:25 AM

Ah, Jenson rises above all.....:spock:

Jenson71
04-07-2011, 10:29 AM
Ah, Jenson rises above all.....:spock:

http://whycatholicsdothat.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/ascension2.jpg

Jaric
04-07-2011, 10:30 AM
http://whycatholicsdothat.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/ascension2.jpg

Could you direct me to the thread where you will be forgiving us for our sins?

Jenson71
04-07-2011, 10:32 AM

I have done so. Go in peace.

Radar Chief
04-07-2011, 10:32 AM

You’ll have to wait in line. He’s busy healing lepers.

Jenson71
04-07-2011, 10:34 AM
You’ll have to wait in line. He’s busy healing lepers.

The only line for access to me is horizontal, my child.

KC native
04-07-2011, 10:34 AM
Awwwwwwww, otter turned his rep on to neg rep me. Too bad I'm on my phone so I can't copy and paste it but as usual it involves his obsession with phalluses and male juices. ROFL You really are a sad little man otter.

Jaric
04-07-2011, 10:44 AM
I have done so. Go in peace.

Woot!

:bravo:

I'll send you a PM Monday with an updated list of sins that need forgiving. Got a big weekend planned.

Radar Chief
04-07-2011, 10:55 AM

Really, horizontal? That’s how you like your “children”?
I guess you are Catholic, right?

chiefsnorth
04-07-2011, 11:16 AM
"I won"

"elections have consequences"

He sure has changed his tune.

petegz28
04-07-2011, 11:23 AM
Really, horizontal? That’s how you like your “children”?
I guess you are Catholic, right?

:LOL:LMAOLMAOLMAO

Otter
04-07-2011, 11:24 AM

I have a pulled hammy, could you slap it with a fish or stare it till it's better or sumthin? I like to hike on Saturdays and the weathers supposed to be nice.

FishingRod
04-07-2011, 11:48 AM
I would be happy if I thought that the monies spent would be what the budget says they have to spend but, they will continue to spend and spend and spend and it will be more than what ever budget gets passed..

patteeu
04-07-2011, 12:02 PM
Awwwwwwww, otter turned his rep on to neg rep me. Too bad I'm on my phone so I can't copy and paste it but as usual it involves his obsession with phalluses and male juices. ROFL You really are a sad little man otter.

FYI, you don't need to turn rep on to give or receive rep. Turning it on/off only affects whether or not it is displayed under your avatar when you post.

ClevelandBronco
04-07-2011, 12:14 PM
Too bad I'm on my phone so I can't copy and paste it...

Your phone sucks.

KC native
04-07-2011, 12:16 PM
Your phone sucks.

No it doesn't. Technically, I could copy and paste it but it's a pain in the ass.

vailpass
04-07-2011, 01:07 PM
Your phone sucks.

LMAO

alanm
04-07-2011, 01:45 PM
and what exactly has Obama and them Dems been doing about the budget ?Obama plays golf a lot and takes bitching vacations. :thumb:

Iowanian
04-07-2011, 01:48 PM
He probably acts the same way when Ma'am and George won't let him have his turn on Xbox.

KC native
04-07-2011, 07:55 PM
oH NoEZZZZZZZZZZZ more reps from the racist coward. You are a sad little man.

Obama To GOP On Budget:... 04-07-2011 11:26 AM Otter here u go low life, did u teach your son to shoot up meth between his toes to avoid arm tracks - do the world a favor and off yourself u boil on the ass of humanity
Obama To GOP On Budget:... 04-07-2011 09:02 AM Otter Here you go u fucking cum slurping, dirtball

VAChief
04-07-2011, 08:29 PM

“The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not” - Thomas Jefferson, 1801.

Not counting slaves of course!

HonestChieffan
04-07-2011, 08:52 PM
Your phone sucks.

Its what the government provides.

banyon
04-07-2011, 09:08 PM

I thought that was Herm.

banyon
04-07-2011, 09:13 PM
“The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not” - Thomas Jefferson, 1801.

Not counting slaves of course!

Actually, not at all. This quote is a bogus invention of unaccountable right wing media.
http://www.monticello.org/site/jefferson/democracy-will-cease-to-exist-quotation

I don't need to do this again, do i? :)

<object width="504" height="312"><param name="movie" value="http://www.xtranormal.com/site_media/players/jwplayer.swf" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="flashvars"value="height=312&width=504&allowscriptaccess=always&allowfullscreen=true&skin=http://www.xtranormal.com%2Fsite_media%2Fplayers%2Fjw_player_v54%2Fxn.xml&file=http://newvideos.xtranormal.com/web_final_lo/7e4facb8-000e-11e0-b3cb-003048d6740d_3.mp4&image=http://newvideos.xtranormal.com/web_final_lo/7e4facb8-000e-11e0-b3cb-003048d6740d_3.jpg&link=http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7939569&title=Tom Cash teaches history&author=jwales9987&date=Dec. 4, 2010&plugins=gapro%2Cfbit-1%2Ctweetit-1%2Cviral-2&gapro.accountid=UA-5134028-2"/><embed src="http://www.xtranormal.com/site_media/players/jw_player_v54/player.swf" height="312" width="504" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" flashvars="skin=http://www.xtranormal.com%2Fsite_media%2Fplayers%2Fjw_player_v54%2Fxn.xml&file=http://newvideos.xtranormal.com/web_final_lo/7e4facb8-000e-11e0-b3cb-003048d6740d_3.mp4&image=http://newvideos.xtranormal.com/web_final_lo/7e4facb8-000e-11e0-b3cb-003048d6740d_3.jpg&link=http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7939569&title=Tom Cash teaches history&author=jwales9987&date=Dec. 4, 2010&plugins=gapro%2Cfbit-1%2Ctweetit-1%2Cviral-2&gapro.accountid=UA-5134028-2" /></embed></object><object width="1" height="1"><param name="movie" value="http://www.xtranormal.com/site_media/players/embedded-xnl-stats.swf" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://www.xtranormal.com/site_media/players/embedded-xnl-stats.swf" width="1" height="1" allowscriptaccess="always"></embed></object>

Otter
04-07-2011, 09:16 PM

illegal, drunk kills...08-03-2010 05:33 PM KC native You can't delete this one bitch. Choke on your own vomit and die bitch

Please don't start acting like your above any of this. Just go away, do your drugs and be stupid dude. I haven't addressed you in months until today. Let's keep that up you scumbag, child molesting, druggie.

KC native
04-07-2011, 11:01 PM
illegal, drunk kills...08-03-2010 05:33 PM KC native You can't delete this one bitch. Choke on your own vomit and die bitch

Please don't start acting like your above any of this. Just go away, do your drugs and be stupid dude. I haven't addressed you in months until today. Let's keep that up you scumbag, child molesting, druggie.

I only retaliate and fuck you. I will engage you whenever the fuck I want. I wouldn't even fuck with you if you hadn't started with all your racist bullshit. Now you want to run from me. ROFL

FD
04-07-2011, 11:08 PM
Pretty solid discussion of the budget going on in this thread.

Jaric
04-08-2011, 11:02 AM

FUCK OFF AND DIE YOU MOTHERFUCKING MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!!

God I'm sorry about that. I just got caught up in the E-violence. I wish you no ill.

chiefsnorth
04-08-2011, 11:21 AM

This is pretty much the climate of this whole website

Stinger
04-08-2011, 11:33 AM
I thought that was Herm.

Couldn't be... Herm didn't win **** :cuss:

patteeu
04-08-2011, 11:35 AM

To be fair, this thread is more about the politics of the budget and who is to blame for failing to produce one than it is about the budget itself.

FD
04-08-2011, 12:09 PM
To be fair, this thread is more about the politics of the budget and who is to blame for failing to produce one than it is about the budget itself.

Oh yeah, well go **** yourself!

vailpass
04-08-2011, 12:16 PM

LMAO