PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Resurrecting Dead Presidents

Rain Man
04-07-2011, 12:24 PM
Lincoln didn't serve out his term. Neither did Kennedy, Garfield, McKinley, the elder Harrison, Harding, FDR, and probably some others I can't remember.

If technology rose to the level that they could be resurrected, should they be allowed to finish their terms? I think the law as it currently stands would allow it. Or have they officially "resigned office" once the vice-president takes over?

Maybe too they can only hold office for the four-year period after election. We'll need a lawyer to advise us on this.

And how would you implement it if they can? There's already a president in office, so would we let them step in and take over on the next election cycle? And would it be in chronological order or some other order?

mlyonsd
04-07-2011, 12:29 PM
Yes because we need Nixon right now.

Of course he resigned so technically the SC would have to decide his eligibility.

Rooster
04-07-2011, 12:33 PM
I'm not sure but you have a very interesting premise to a movie. Go to Hollywood young man. Go now.

Discuss Thrower
04-07-2011, 12:37 PM
As far out is this premise is, it would only work if it happened in the duration of their term and before the VP transitions from "acting president" to actual president. As of now, I guess you could reconcile his death as an incapacity and until a letter is sent to congress stating his ability to discharge the office the VP retains control.

KILLER_CLOWN
04-07-2011, 01:53 PM
I voted yes but the caveat is they would have to end up in wallet by the thousands.

ClevelandBronco
04-07-2011, 01:55 PM
Okay, okay. I'm ready to vote for Springsteen. Happy?

patteeu
04-07-2011, 02:09 PM
I voted yes only because we'd be better off with a zombified corpse from a previous century (or almost anyone else) than the guy we have right now.

KILLER_CLOWN
04-07-2011, 02:26 PM
I voted yes only because we'd be better off with a zombified corpse from a previous century (or almost anyone else) than the guy we have right now.

or his clone Bush.