PDA

View Full Version : Poop No more Easter eggs in Seattle, now called "spring Spheres"

Joe Seahawk
04-08-2011, 02:39 PM
LMAO:doh!:ROFL:doh!::doh!::banghead::banghead:

http://mynorthwest.com/?nid=11&sid=459668

LiveSteam
04-08-2011, 02:40 PM
What? doesn't the Easter Bunny work for the fed. & the Gov is shutting down. so no eggs

Der Flöprer
04-08-2011, 02:40 PM
LMAO and people still ask me why I moved away..........

AndChiefs
04-08-2011, 02:52 PM

Why did you move away? :)

I understand (I don't agree) with why they got rid of the word Easter..but what was wrong with eggs?

Pitt Gorilla
04-08-2011, 02:53 PM
LMAO and people still ask me why I moved away..........I doubt that would have any impact on where I decided to live.

Jaric
04-08-2011, 03:05 PM
This is just silly

BigCatDaddy
04-08-2011, 03:07 PM
"When I took them out of the bag, the teacher said, 'Oh look, spring spheres' and all the kids were like 'Wow, Easter eggs.' So they knew," Jessica said."

ROFL

Jenson71
04-08-2011, 03:09 PM
all the kids were like 'Wow, Easter eggs.'

Those little monsters. Oh! how we corrupt them so young!

Donger
04-08-2011, 03:10 PM
I was in Seattle this week. It rained the entire f*cking time. It's so depressing.

orange
04-08-2011, 03:10 PM

I doubt that would have any impact on where I decided to live.

Sean with the 1000 toothpicks in his beard would keep me away.

blaise
04-08-2011, 03:20 PM
They're not spheres, are they? What kind of crappy school is that?

Taco John
04-08-2011, 03:23 PM
I was in Seattle this week. It rained the entire f*cking time. It's so depressing.

It's much better in the summer when everthing is sunny and green and mild. The summers in the PacNW really make the rain all worth it. But there's no doubt, come April, we've seen a LOT of gray clouds in the last 6 months.

chiefsnorth
04-08-2011, 03:24 PM
Libtards to the rescue again...

Donger
04-08-2011, 03:26 PM
It's much better in the summer when everthing is sunny and green and mild. The summers in the PacNW really make the rain all worth it. But there's no doubt, come April, we've seen a LOT of gray clouds in the last 6 months.

Yes, I've been in both Portland and Seattle plenty in the summer, and it is nice. I just don't know how you guys deal with the rest of the year.

blaise
04-08-2011, 03:28 PM
On one the cartoons my kids watch they don't say Thanksgiving. They say "Fall Feast"
"We're going to Grandma's to eat turkey and stuffing for Fall Feast!"
I couldn't understand what's objectionable about Thanksgiving.

Hydrae
04-08-2011, 03:33 PM

But did you find any spring spheres?

Chief Henry
04-08-2011, 03:35 PM
Libtards to the rescue again...

:thumb:

BigCatDaddy
04-08-2011, 03:39 PM
But did you find any spring spheres?

Check the sphincter for spring spheres.

Say it 5 times fast.

blaise
04-08-2011, 03:42 PM
orange would have been the first parent to complain about Easter Eggs if he were there.

chiefsnorth
04-08-2011, 03:45 PM
On one the cartoons my kids watch they don't say Thanksgiving. They say "Fall Feast"
"We're going to Grandma's to eat turkey and stuffing for Fall Feast!"
I couldn't understand what's objectionable about Thanksgiving.

The implication that you are giving thanks to some higher power would probably send the offense industry into a tizzy

Radar Chief
04-08-2011, 03:52 PM
Check the sphincter for spring spheres.

Say it 5 times fast.

It, it, it, it, it.
What do I win?

Jaric
04-08-2011, 03:58 PM
The implication that you are giving thanks to some higher power would probably send the offense industry into a tizzy

Which is hilarious because Thanksgiving is a completely secular holiday.

RedNeckRaider
04-08-2011, 04:04 PM
This is just silly

As are people that get offended that someone does not buy into their chosen mythology~

Thig Lyfe
04-08-2011, 04:06 PM
IT'S A WAR ON EASTER!!!!!!!!!!!

Jaric
04-08-2011, 04:28 PM
As are people that get offended that someone does not buy into their chosen mythology~

I must have missed the part in the bible where Jesus colors eggs then hides them for little children to find before the resurection. That must be the same part that talks about the chocolate bunnies and pastel colored baskets.

That's why it's silly. Because Easter eggs have nothing to do with religion which is the only reason this is an issue. You might as well ban Peeps, it would essentially be the same thing.

RedNeckRaider
04-08-2011, 04:31 PM
I must have missed the part in the bible where Jesus colors eggs then hides them for little children to find before the resurection. That must be the same part that talks about the chocolate bunnies and pastel colored baskets.

That's why it's silly. Because Easter eggs have nothing to do with religion which is the only reason this is an issue. You might as well ban Peeps, it would essentially be the same thing.

Agreed so why do people get upset about the name change?

orange
04-08-2011, 05:02 PM

http://www.proxibid.com/AuctionImages/989/20431/Detail/572.jpg

It's somewhere between Acts and Epistles.

Donger
04-08-2011, 05:04 PM

No, but I presume that it is the "Easter" part of "Easter eggs" that has the tolerant liberals up-in-arms.

orange
04-08-2011, 05:04 PM
IT'S A WAR ON EASTER!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.flash-screen.com/free-wallpaper/uploads/200710/thus/1193842851_470x353_armed-bunnies.jpg

Taco John
04-08-2011, 06:05 PM
Yes, I've been in both Portland and Seattle plenty in the summer, and it is nice. I just don't know how you guys deal with the rest of the year.

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/206791_1658183582157_1464174385_31317700_6282655_n.jpg

Pants
04-08-2011, 06:10 PM

Sure it does. It was incorporated into Christian tradition (much like Christmas) when the pagan people were being forcefully converted... it made it somewhat easier on them if they got to keep some of their silly rituals.

Jaric
04-09-2011, 12:06 AM
Agreed so why do people get upset about the name change?What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

Christmas is still Christmas. If you want to call it "Holidays" or whatever, it doesn't matter. We all know it's Christmas. So why not just call the thing what it is? What good does changing the name of something to some bland non-discript term?

If we all started calling Catholics by some other name, would they no longer be a religion? If we started calling football some other name would you stop watching?

It's foolishness. Pointless politically correct nonsense. Call things what they are, and if the thing offends you, stay away from it. Changing the name does nothing.

Jaric
04-09-2011, 12:07 AM
Sure it does. It was incorporated into Christian tradition (much like Christmas) when the pagan people were being forcefully converted... it made it somewhat easier on them if they got to keep some of their silly rituals.

Easy now. Man needs ritual. It's why the Superbowl is so popular. (well, part of the reason at least)

petegz28
04-09-2011, 12:16 AM

exactly

petegz28
04-09-2011, 12:18 AM
What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

Christmas is still Christmas. If you want to call it "Holidays" or whatever, it doesn't matter. We all know it's Christmas. So why not just call the thing what it is? What good does changing the name of something to some bland non-discript term?

If we all started calling Catholics by some other name, would they no longer be a religion? If we started calling football some other name would you stop watching?

It's foolishness. Pointless politically correct nonsense. Call things what they are, and if the thing offends you, stay away from it. Changing the name does nothing.

If that's the case why did the church intentionaly create "christmas" as a replacement for the winter solstice?

Jaric
04-09-2011, 12:27 AM
If that's the case why did the church intentionaly create "christmas" as a replacement for the winter solstice?

To help convert the Pagans.

But that has nothing to do with my point. My objection to this is purely secular. Perhaps in 2000 years some guy will by up late bitching about the powers that be messing his his goddamn spring spheres, but right now, they're Easter eggs. Call them fucking Easter eggs.

petegz28
04-09-2011, 12:29 AM
To help convert the Pagans.

But that has nothing to do with my point. My objection to this is purely secular. Perhaps in 2000 years some guy will by up late bitching about the powers that be messing his his goddamn spring spheres, but right now, they're Easter eggs. Call them ****ing Easter eggs.

So there is something to a name. And you are correct, they are easter eggs but it really has little to do with christianity.

Jaric
04-09-2011, 12:33 AM
So there is something to a name. And you are correct, they are easter eggs but it really has little to do with christianity.

Which even adds to the foolishness. They aren't even part of the actual religious side of the holiday. It's the equivalent of making us call Santa "winter pear shaped white bearded old man," or some other such nonsense

petegz28
04-09-2011, 12:37 AM
Which even adds to the foolishness. They aren't even part of the actual religious side of the holiday. It's the equivalent of making us call Santa "winter pear shaped white bearded old man," or some other such nonsense

One has to wonder though if they would be as eager to change the name if they understood the history of the easter egg and it's pagan origins as opposed to the modern day association with christianity?

Garcia Bronco
04-09-2011, 12:44 AM
They aren't even spheres. WTF?

orange
04-09-2011, 12:50 AM
They aren't even spheres. WTF?

All arguments aside, I assume they aimed at alliteration.

RedNeckRaider
04-09-2011, 02:49 PM
What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

It's foolishness. Pointless politically correct nonsense. Call things what they are, and if the thing offends you, stay away from it. Changing the name does nothng.
To many people it is just the 25th of december. I really don't care one way or another. I am by no means a libby. I don't get offended by silly rituals displayed from a book of fairy tales~

BucEyedPea
04-09-2011, 04:19 PM

I woulda' thought it reminded you of your ancestral home, no?

Bowser
04-09-2011, 04:27 PM
I don't call it "taking a shit" anymore. I refer to it as "leaving a mark on political correctiveness".

Dr. Van Halen
04-09-2011, 10:10 PM
On the flip side, I've seen more and more chocolate crosses this year.

Jaric
04-09-2011, 11:22 PM
On the flip side, I've seen more and more chocolate crosses this year.

Could any of the resident religiously knowledgeable posters give me a ruling on if eating a chocolate Jesus constitutes blasphemy?

More curiosity than concern.

Der Flöprer
04-09-2011, 11:34 PM
I doubt that would have any impact on where I decided to live.

The way people are in a certain area wouldn't impact where you chose to live? Over doing the political correctness, the attitude that goes along with constantly pointing your finger at everyone but yourself? Well, it affected where I wanted to live. I grew to despise their politics, their attitudes, and the way they viewed the world. I don't have any regrets. Yet.