PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Manny Ramirez Quits

Buck
04-08-2011, 03:25 PM
Watching a free preview of MLB tv and they just announced that he wouldnt make his return to Fenway because he just retired.

Also nobody cares probably, but he is a quitter.

Buck
UPDATE:

He was going to be suspended for drugs again so he just chose to retire.

blaise
He's a Hall of Famer, too.

blaise
04-08-2011, 03:26 PM
UPDATE:

Is that true?

Buck

UPDATE:

Is he?

Buck
Is that true?

I'm watching Sox - Yanks on TV and this is what the NESN reporter said.

blaise
Is he?

Well, maybe not. What kind of drugs?

Buck
04-08-2011, 03:29 PM
Well, maybe not. What kind of drugs?

I don't know, maybe female hormone drugs.

Sure-Oz
04-08-2011, 03:29 PM
It would've been 100 games for the suspension, yeah id retire

Buck
04-08-2011, 03:30 PM
It would've been 100 games for the suspension, yeah id retire

I just think he's a douchebag for continuing to take drugs and take a roster spot of someone who worked hard as hell to get there.

Dicky McElephant
04-08-2011, 03:30 PM
What a bitch.

DaFace
04-08-2011, 03:31 PM
Nice.

Demonpenz
04-08-2011, 03:34 PM
The rays were doing things the right way then they went out and got Damon and Rameriez and look like the 04 royals.

Marcellus
04-08-2011, 03:35 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=6310125

Tampa Bay Rays (http://espn.go.com/mlb/team/_/name/tb/tampa-bay-rays) designated hitter Manny Ramirez (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=2974) is retiring.

http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/mlb/players/65/2974.jpg
Ramirez
Major League Baseball announced the move in a statement on Friday.
"Major League Baseball recently notified Manny Ramirez of an issue under Major League Baseball's Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program," the statement said. "Rather than continue with the process under the Program, Ramirez has informed MLB that he is retiring as an active player. If Ramirez seeks reinstatement in the future, the process under the Drug Program will be completed. MLB will not have any further comment on this matter."
Ramirez was entering his 18th season in the majors. He played with the Cleveland Indians (http://espn.go.com/mlb/team/_/name/cle/cleveland-indians), Boston Red Sox (http://espn.go.com/mlb/team/_/name/bos/boston-red-sox), Los Angeles Dodgers (http://espn.go.com/mlb/team/_/name/lad/los-angeles-dodgers), Chicago White Sox (http://espn.go.com/mlb/team/_/name/chw/chicago-white-sox) and Rays. He has a .312 career batting average with 1,831 RBIs and 555 homers.

blaise
04-08-2011, 03:36 PM
He really is a dumbass, because he probably still would have gotten into the HOF despite the first suspension. Now he's just making it easy for any voter who wants to say no. For what? Another season with the Rays and another paycheck? He's already made over 100 million.

Marcellus
04-08-2011, 03:36 PM
LMAO, looser quits like a cheating loser.

Hydrae
04-08-2011, 03:38 PM
He has a .312 career batting average with 1,831 RBIs and 555 homers.

Those are certainly HOF numbers. :shrug:

Mr. Laz
Juan Gonzalez

Dicky McElephant
LMAO, looser quits like a cheating loser.

Umm......so is he a looser or a loser?

ChiefsandO'sfan
04-08-2011, 03:48 PM
BREAKING: Barry Bonds just asked the judge if he can retire instead of continuing with case...

Buck
04-08-2011, 03:49 PM
BREAKING: Barry Bonds just asked the judge if he can retire instead of continuing with case...

LOL

Thig Lyfe
04-08-2011, 03:50 PM
trolololol

Marcellus
04-08-2011, 03:56 PM
Umm......so is he a looser or a loser?
He is a loose loser. Just what I heard.

chasedude
04-08-2011, 03:58 PM
http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww186/prufrock55/612capture_tombstone03.jpg
(http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww186/prufrock55/612capture_tombstone03.jpg)

Bump
04-08-2011, 04:04 PM
he sucked ever since he got off the roids.

IMO, just let everyone who wants to do roids, do them. Seriously, it makes a boring and corrupt sport a little more exciting. There are only like 2 memorable moments in baseball the past 10 years or so and that's Sammy Sosa and Mark McGuire and Barry Bonds hitting all of those home runs and the Red Sox finally winning a World Series. I really don't remember anything else in baseball last decade and I follow the sport closely.

Scott Pilgrim
04-08-2011, 04:13 PM
he sucked ever since he got off the roids.

IMO, just let everyone who wants to do roids, do them. Seriously, it makes a boring and corrupt sport a little more exciting. There are only like 2 memorable moments in baseball the past 10 years or so and that's Sammy Sosa and Mark McGuire and Barry Bonds hitting all of those home runs and the Red Sox finally winning a World Series. I really don't remember anything else in baseball last decade and I follow the sport closely.

You fallow the sport closely and don't remember the Rockies winning 20 games in a row to get to the post season and the sweeping there way to the world series, or Tampa Bay's run the next year?

Bump
04-08-2011, 04:18 PM
You fallow the sport closely and don't remember the Rockies winning 20 games in a row to get to the post season and the sweeping there way to the world series, or Tampa Bay's run the next year?

vaguely

chefsos
04-08-2011, 04:33 PM
Damnit. I saw an article yesterday that said Joe Maddon was sitting Manny for a game, and that he'd also miss the next game to tend to a "personal issue". Said to myself, "Whoa, that's it, Manny's outta here", and thought about posting it, too.

I should've done it so I could follow it up today with the CALLED IT! post.

Deberg_1990
04-08-2011, 04:35 PM
ManRam....dude could only do one thing ......but did it really, really well.....dude could Mash.

Sofa King
04-08-2011, 04:40 PM
ManRam....dude could only do one thing ......but did it really, really well.....dude could Mash.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/g9Dz5yui0Rc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

which one was Manny?

vailpass
04-08-2011, 04:44 PM
Who?

Pasta Giant Meatball
04-08-2011, 04:46 PM
ManRam....dude could only do one thing ......but did it really, really well.....dude could Mash that needle into his buttocks.

FYP

Fruit Ninja
04-08-2011, 05:01 PM
Hell be alright, made well over 200 million in his career. He's going to live like a fucking king in the Dominican Republic. He aint trippen on shit. He's stated time and time again, that he doesnt give a crap about anyone, or anybody. Just playing the game and making money. He's never been shy about it.

So who really is the idiot? the guy that cheated on his job made millions and millions or the hardcore fans who are pissy over PED's? sounds like he got the upper hand.

I dont condone anything he's done with PED's or anything, but dudes never been shy about who he is.

Fruit Ninja
04-08-2011, 05:02 PM
vaguely

Then you really dont pay attention to something you say you follow closely. If you did, you wouldnt vaguely remember it. come on now.

vailpass
04-08-2011, 05:12 PM
Hell be alright, made well over 200 million in his career. He's going to live like a ****ing king in the Dominican Republic. He aint trippen on shit. He's stated time and time again, that he doesnt give a crap about anyone, or anybody. Just playing the game and making money. He's never been shy about it.

So who really is the idiot? the guy that cheated on his job made millions and millions or the hardcore fans who are pissy over PED's? sounds like he got the upper hand.

I dont condone anything he's done with PED's or anything, but dudes never been shy about who he is.

"he aint trippen on shit"? Really? Is that how you talk?

Fruit Ninja
04-08-2011, 05:32 PM
"he aint trippen on shit"? Really? Is that how you talk?

Why the fuck do you care?

Sure-Oz
04-08-2011, 05:34 PM
Bob Hamelin is laughing on this day....ROY baby over Man Ram.

Fruit Ninja
04-08-2011, 05:36 PM
People really dont get that Manny USED MLB and told them fuck you, i made out like a bandit.

RippedmyFlesh
04-09-2011, 04:05 AM
albert belle + :bong: = manny ramirez

salame
04-09-2011, 04:24 AM
manny is awfully small for doing so much roids

whoman69
04-09-2011, 07:41 AM

Bet he's not. If Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa don't get in, this pain in the ass won't either.

threebag02
04-09-2011, 07:43 AM
I'm watching SEx - Yanks on TV and this is what the NESN reporter said.

Fyp

Reerun_KC
04-09-2011, 07:54 AM
Watching a free preview of MLB tv and they just announced that he wouldnt make his return to Fenway because he just retired.

Also nobody cares probably, but he is a quitter.

I had to go look him up to see who he was...

kysirsoze
04-09-2011, 09:54 AM
I had to go look him up to see who he was...

Either my sarcasm meter is broken or:

:facepalm:

Reerun_KC
04-09-2011, 10:11 AM
Either my sarcasm meter is broken or:

:facepalm:

Yeah a facepalm moment. It's MLB. I am like most sports fans. I follow MLB like u follow the Pakistani cricket team.

I remember him being stupid or something a few years ago. But I seriously had to go look him up. He's pretty not relevant.

chiefzilla1501
04-09-2011, 11:27 AM
The fact that he was clearly a habitual 'roids user really again pisses me off that they chose a Red Sox exec to conduct an independent steroids investigation.

For years, the Red Sox faithful claimed their World Series wasn't tainted because none of their key players used. I still wonder how many Red Sox players would have been busted if the investigation truly was independent. Guarantee Manny and Papi would have been on that list.

GloryDayz
04-11-2011, 08:15 PM
Oh wow, I'm totally stunned. Another great player doing what he needs to do to get to and stay at the top of the game (and make big money). What's next, banning college and asking people to do it all with their natural ability?? Hey, that'd save time and money!!! LOL!!

Rudy lost the toss
04-11-2011, 08:21 PM
Oh wow, I'm totally stunned. Another great player doing what he needs to do to get to and stay at the top of the game (and make big money). What's next, banning college and asking people to do it all with their natural ability?? Hey, that'd save time and money!!! LOL!!

I was all natural throughout college. Took zero adderalls

vailpass
04-11-2011, 08:30 PM

Manny wasn't a great player. Manny was a great right handed hitter who couldn't do it without the juice.
He'll never sniff the HOF.
But he aint trippen on shit or so I'm told.

GloryDayz
04-11-2011, 08:39 PM
Manny wasn't a great player. Manny was a great right handed hitter who couldn't do it without the juice.
He'll never sniff the HOF.
But he aint trippen on shit or so I'm told.

I don't think this latest "deal" is what was going to keep him out. I think (like that matters!!) he knew that, so why not rake in $40M+ more then quit. He's a butthead, but so are a lot of players. I just think any great hitter of the last 20 years is going to be questioned. Especially if they were a power hitter. But we all know that's not always true either...

vailpass
04-11-2011, 08:44 PM
I don't think this latest "deal" is what was going to keep him out. I think (like that matters!!) he knew that, so why not rake in $40M+ more then quit. He's a butthead, but so are a lot of players. I just think any great hitter of the last 20 years is going to be questioned. Especially if they were a power hitter. But we all know that's not always true either...

Agreed. And FTR I would have raked in the extra $40m too if I was in his cleats. Quickfastinahurrylike.

GloryDayz
04-11-2011, 08:49 PM
Agreed. And FTR I would have raked in the extra $40m too if I was in his cleats. Quickfastinahurrylike.

Actually, I'm more PO'd at Zack "I need my Mommy" Greinke than Manny. Manny is Manny and a cheater of sorts. Zack is a sissy who needs his Mommy until he gets paid. Then he bolts. What a candybutt Zack is... I hope his ribs never heal..