PDA

View Full Version : Home and Auto Diamond Blade Saws

BWillie
04-08-2011, 08:02 PM
So I have a weird request. I had one of my trees cut down but the people before me put a a little bit of concrete in this little nook about 3-4 foot up from the base to fill it in so it would not rot to the core. Anyways, when they cut it down they could not grind the stump. They tried to use a chainsaw at the base but they said they went thru two chains due to apparently the concrete seeping down in. So now I am stuck w/ an ugly looking stump. I think if the stump can be sawed away at the base they could still grind it up.

I've heard about diamond blade saws. Do you know any businesses that would have them around here that might be able to saw through it? Or any ideas of how I can solve this home improvement task?

Phobia
04-08-2011, 08:04 PM
Antifreeze.

seclark
04-08-2011, 08:07 PM
Antifreeze.
in a way...sprinkle something on it.
sec

LiveSteam
04-08-2011, 08:07 PM
You can rent a quickie saw at any tool rental place. dont tell them about hacking wood part

http://www.boonerent-all.com/rent-all-pics/2009images/stihl-quickie-saw-sm.jpg

I prefer this way though
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aSWF7hWWHH8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Groves
04-08-2011, 08:29 PM
You've already got two dull chainsaw blades, AND you already know the center of this tootsie roll pop is concrete. Just use the dull blades and work around the tree avoiding the center.

After you've gotten all the way around, just snap off the concrete with whatever it takes. Sledge, tow chains, ram from Simon and Simon's Power Wagon, nuclear weapon.

If you're lucky the whole mess will fit into your city trashcan and boy won't they be surprised at the weight.

Baconeater
04-08-2011, 08:35 PM
That sounds like something I'd run into in my yard.

Ericgoodchief
04-08-2011, 09:15 PM
Rent a rotary hammer drill or electric demolition jack hammer.

amazon . com/Neiko-Industrial-Grade-Electric-Demolition-Hammer/dp/B000K7U3G4

jojomontana
04-08-2011, 09:35 PM
Most places that rent tools - like the saw you'd need - will also carry diamond blades, if you want to do it yourself.
You might try calling a concrete company, grading company or paving company if you want help with the sawing itself. Most all of them have the tools to do concrete/asphalt sawcutting. They also normally do free estimates - so they should be able to evaluate whether or not sawing will be the solution... and if so, how much they'll charge you to get 'er done.

Baconeater
04-08-2011, 09:58 PM
Rent a rotary hammer drill or electric demolition jack hammer.

amazon . com/Neiko-Industrial-Grade-Electric-Demolition-Hammer/dp/B000K7U3G4
This is actually a good idea, it will be much easier to break it up into manageable pieces with chipping bit. Concrete saws are hell.

Iowanian
04-09-2011, 10:36 AM
drill some holes in it, put a truck rim around it, dump some used oil and diesel fuel in it, light it, drink beer and burn.

repeat as necessary.

Once the wood is burned, you'll be able to pull out the concrete.

JASONSAUTO
04-09-2011, 10:57 AM
drill some holes in it, put a truck rim around it, dump some used oil and diesel fuel in it, light it, drink beer and burn.

repeat as necessary.

This is what a country boy would do.

Best idea imo.
Posted via Mobile Device

JASONSAUTO
04-09-2011, 11:00 AM
Or if you just want to tear shit up get a big chain, hook it to the stump, back a truck up to the stump, hook the chain to the trucks frame(not bumper), put truck in great with chain slack, put foot to floor and see what happens
Posted via Mobile Device

BWillie
04-09-2011, 12:23 PM

repeat as necessary.

Great idea if I didn't live in Olathe. They even hooked the stump up to their big truck to try to loosen it up, no dice.