PDA

View Full Version : Music A virtual choir 2,000 voices strong

teedubya
04-08-2011, 09:05 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="853" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2NENlXsW4pM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In a moving and madly viral video last year, composer Eric Whitacre led a virtual choir of singers from around the world. He talks through the creative challenges of making music powered by YouTube, and unveils the first 2 minutes of his new work, "Sleep," with a video choir of 2,052.

Here is the full piece.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="853" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6WhWDCw3Mng" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

shirtsleeve
04-08-2011, 09:17 PM
I am sure this is a repost, but I like this quior better...

http://www.cupsizechoir.com/

kinda nsfw.

alnorth
04-08-2011, 09:50 PM
Pretty cool. thanks for posting.

shirtsleeve
04-08-2011, 10:51 PM
The best part of the choir is after the demo when you can play and record anything in one octave..chords included.

BIG_DADDY
04-08-2011, 11:30 PM
That was soooooooooo cool. Awesome post dude.

BIG_DADDY
04-09-2011, 12:22 AM
Only 4 fucking replies, really?

sportsman1
04-09-2011, 12:41 AM
Pretty sweet. Amazing project to undertake.

Captain Obvious
04-09-2011, 01:33 AM
Wow.

Chiefs=Good
04-09-2011, 04:22 AM
Shit son

OmahaChief
04-09-2011, 07:22 AM
That is an amazing project.

DA_T_84
04-09-2011, 08:25 AM
Sounded awesome. Very cool

The composer seems like an egomaniacal super-douche, though. Making himself the e-"Sun" of the e-"solar system" confirmed my early suspicions.

SNR
04-09-2011, 10:12 AM
Sounded awesome. Very cool

The composer seems like an egomaniacal super-douche, though. Making himself the e-"Sun" of the e-"solar system" confirmed my early suspicions.Whitacre's an asshole. A giant tool. I've met him a few times.

What I don't understand is how some of my colleagues (particularly in the field of music education) worship this guy and his music. The final product is good, sure, but he's only just slightly more knowledgeable as an entering freshman in one of my introductory music classes I used to teach. I went with some people to a talk he did about his compositional style and all he did was speak in buzzwords for an hour plus providing a billion of his musical examples.

I'll probably get flamed by people saying, "You're just jealous that you're not as successful or talented as he is." Incorrect. I'm jealous that I'm not as big of a lucky asshole as he is.

BIG_DADDY
04-09-2011, 10:16 AM
Whitacre's an asshole. A giant tool. I've met him a few times.

What I don't understand is how some of my colleagues (particularly in the field of music education) worship this guy and his music. The final product is good, sure, but he's only just slightly more knowledgeable as an entering freshman in one of my introductory music classes I used to teach. I went with some people to a talk he did about his compositional style and all he did was speak in buzzwords for an hour plus providing a billion of his musical examples.

I'll probably get flamed by people saying, "You're just jealous that you're not as successful or talented as he is." Incorrect. I'm jealous that I'm not as big of a lucky asshole as he is.

I think he wants to bang blondee

SuperChief
04-09-2011, 11:36 AM
Whitacre's an asshole. A giant tool. I've met him a few times.

Whitacre's sort of the "rock star" of composing these days, mainly due to his age, uniqueness, and extreme popularity. I can see him being a douche, though - but that's okay, because he's fucking brilliant.

He went to Julliard for fucks sake.

Buck
04-09-2011, 11:55 AM
Cool vid.

Marco Polo
04-09-2011, 12:18 PM
This is pretty sweet.