PDA

View Full Version : Life A Thread About Friends

FAX
04-09-2011, 06:09 PM
I found myself working on shrubberies this afternoon and thinking about one of the many memorable quotes from the movie, "Tombstone" which just happened to be on the TV thing earlier.

The quote was from the scene where the guy who was exacting vengeance on the guys with the red sashes and his other guys were trapped in a crossfire by the river or creek or whatever that water-feature was. After all the smoke had cleared, one of the guys playing one of the other guys asked the guy playing Doc Holiday why he was doing this and he said, "Because Wyatt is my friend." Then, the guy said, "I have lots of friends." And then the guy playing Doc Holiday said, "I don't." It's an interesting scene ... a little forced, maybe because the "I have lots of friends." response doesn't make all the contextual sense in the world, but it works.

Anyhow, I started thinking about "friends". Real friends. I thought about my best friend from school who killed himself last spring. I thought about my older brother whom I lost during the Vietnam Debacle. I thought about the two close friends I have lost to cancer. I thought about the many people I have known throughout my life with whom I have lost contact over the years. Then, like a diamond bullet to the brain, I realized that I don't really have a lot of "friends". I know a crapload of people and there are people who are "friendly" to me (due, no doubt, to either the music deal or business stuff), and I suppose there are members of the beautiful and witty Mrs. FAX's family whom I guess I would consider friends ... still, were we to divorce, I'm not sure how long those relationships would last. Basically, I think I may have run out of "friends".

It seems as though, in order to have a "friend", you have to have had some shared, past experience. It's not like you can go out and meet some people at a party and suddenly become "friends". It's a relationship that takes time to develop. When all your friends are dead, that means starting from a blank slate, standing start kind of deal.

Anyhow, I'm not sure I'm all that unique in this respect ... lots of acquaintances, but few true "friends". For men, it's particularly difficult, I think ... to develop friendships, I mean. Trust issues, probably. For persons like me who are ... different ... it's particularly difficult because I have very little in common with most people.

That's all I have to say about the issue. For now, anyhow. Glad I got that off my chest.

FAX THE FRIENDLESS

Disclaimers: Sorry if repost.

KurtCobain
04-09-2011, 06:11 PM
I'll be your friend. I know somebody that could rob us while we're out to lunch. That's an experience.

FAX
04-09-2011, 06:12 PM
I'll be your friend. I know somebody that could rob us while we're out to lunch. That's an experience.

No thanks.

FAX THE STILL FRIENDLESS

Rams Fan
04-09-2011, 06:12 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iBktYJsJq-E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hopefully that makes you feel better, Mr. FAX.

Demonpenz
04-09-2011, 06:14 PM
God is your friend

FAX
04-09-2011, 06:15 PM
Hopefully that makes you feel better, Mr. FAX.

I don't feel "bad", Mr. Rams Fan. I'm very comfortable in my own skin. It was just a weird thought sequence that let to the realization that I don't have, what I would consider to be, friends.

I'm not lonely, that's for sure.

FAX THE NOT LONELY

Rain Man
04-09-2011, 06:18 PM
I think - I hope - that's common.

If I had to list my best friends, it would be mostly people I went to high school and college with, and who live 500 miles away from me. I think that being married really stopped my friend-making days, because I spend most of my free time with my wife. This minimizes the shared experiences with other people that makes them friends.

(And I probably should note that Chiefsplanet is my main social outlet. I consider you folks to be my contemporary friends.)

Dartgod
04-09-2011, 06:20 PM
Dammit. I clicked on this thinking it was a thread about Jennifer Aniston.

keg in kc
04-09-2011, 06:23 PM
I don't have a friend in the world. I never have. Not as a kid, not in school, not in college, not since I moved to Kansas City. I sometimes wonder if I'm a sociopath.

siberian khatru
04-09-2011, 06:26 PM
Did someone say ... "shrubberies"?

http://goodbarry.com/img/blog/knight.png

KS Smitty
04-09-2011, 06:28 PM
FAX, you are not alone. I've been thinking along these lines also.

What brought this up for me is my bestest girlfriend from 6th grade on is lying in a hospital on a ventilator. I've lost 3 other best friends in addition to a lot of damn good ones in the course of my life. Family members as well, it's kind of scary.

I have made "new" friends but they aren't the same as my "old" friends. Shared history has a lot to do with that along with the fact that I am probably not as open with my new friends. I don't think it's lack of trust but maybe it is.

My concern is that with everybody passing before me there wont be anyone to attend my funeral (slightly TIC).

Anyway just wanted to share my slightly similar feelings with you.

JOhn
04-09-2011, 06:30 PM
The Beatles needed the Rolling Stones. Diane Sawyer needed Katie Couric.......Will you be my Katie?

Rain Man
04-09-2011, 06:31 PM
I don't have a friend in the world. I never have. Not as a kid, not in school, not in college, not since I moved to Kansas City. I sometimes wonder if I'm a sociopath.

Unless you have a different category for people on chiefsplanet, I'd think that a lot of people around here consider you to be a friend. If I was in your neck of the woods, I'd invite you out to lunch. Assuming, you know, that you wouldn't do something sociopathic like kill me.

JOhn
04-09-2011, 06:32 PM

If I had to list my best friends, it would be mostly people I went to high school and college with, and who live 500 miles away from me. I think that being married really stopped my friend-making days, because I spend most of my free time with my wife. This minimizes the shared experiences with other people that makes them friends.

(And I probably should note that Chiefsplanet is my main social outlet. I consider you folks to be my contemporary friends.)
This is so true, and the reason getting divorced after 12 + years was very tough.

Lonewolf Ed
04-09-2011, 06:35 PM
I want a shrubbery with a split level effect and path down the middle.

Rain Man
04-09-2011, 06:36 PM
This is so true, and the reason getting divorced after 12 + years was very tough.

My wife has let me know that if Jude Law courts her, she'll leave me, though in fairness she's spotted me Winona Ryder. But if the Jude Law thing happens, I'd basically be starting from scratch on the social front. It'd be as if I had just been born.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-09-2011, 06:37 PM
I used to tell myself that when I met my future wife (we're getting married this coming June yay!) I wouldn't be one of those people that lost contact with my friends. She thought the same. Well it has happened lol. Slowly but surely. All I want to do is spend time with her and her with me. While our friends are still here we just have no desire in hanging with them. The occassional double date here and there but we'd rather just hang together. And it's not that they are single, they all have someone in their life, it's just all of us would rather do things with our significant others in our free time. Which is a good thing I'd like to think and hope so lol. Things change when you meet the one.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-09-2011, 06:39 PM

Yeah...I'd stay away from this guy. lol

JOhn
04-09-2011, 06:39 PM
My wife has let me know that if Jude Law courts her, she'll leave me, though in fairness she's spotted me Winona Ryder. But if the Jude Law thing happens, I'd basically be starting from scratch on the social front. It'd be as if I had just been born.

:thumb:

Ryder would be OK:drool:

But yea that's about were I was when I divorced. But in a way that was a good thing. The friends I have now are real friends

shirtsleeve
04-09-2011, 06:40 PM
I have friends. They tell me to do very very bad things.

Rain Man
04-09-2011, 06:45 PM
:thumb:

Ryder would be OK:drool:

But yea that's about were I was when I divorced. But in a way that was a good thing. The friends I have now are real friends

Ryder has been my gimme since we got married, and I don't even know what she looks like now. And after that shoplifting thing, I think she might be high-maintenance.

My wife switched from Springsteen to Jude Law about ten years ago, so I'm thinking I could probably make a switch, too. I'm thinking about Anne Hathaway, or maybe Keira Knightly. If I can't switch often, it might be too late for my holy trinity of Nicole Kidman, Halle Berry, and Salma Hayek.

JOhn
04-09-2011, 06:49 PM
Ryder has been my gimme since we got married, and I don't even know what she looks like now. And after that shoplifting thing, I think she might be high-maintenance.

My wife switched from Springsteen to Jude Law about ten years ago, so I'm thinking I could probably make a switch, too. I'm thinking about Anne Hathaway, or maybe Keira Knightly. If I can't switch often, it might be too late for my holy trinity of Nicole Kidman, Halle Berry, and Salma Hayek.

All good choices, but I have to go with Jennifer Aniston.
I switched a few years back from Meg Ryan.

She may be high maintenance, but I have a fatal weakness for her type of "look"

cabletech94
04-09-2011, 07:10 PM

rain man, seriously. are you living my life? are you my future me? everything that you wrote is me. EVERYTHING. well, except for the jude law in your later post.
this just hit a note for me. wow.

and fax, do you need a pen-pal? would that help, maybe?

keg in kc
04-09-2011, 07:13 PM
Yeah...I'd stay away from this guy. lolOh, I don't think you have to worry too much with that guy. He tends to stay away from everybody.

KcMizzou
04-09-2011, 07:54 PM
I've got one rock solid friend that isn't related. Known the dude since 4th grade. It's like an extra brother.

Got a few "buddies" too, though. Not on the same level, but pretty tight, and fun to hang out with.

KcMizzou
04-09-2011, 07:56 PM
It seems as though, in order to have a "friend", you have to have had some shared, past experience. It's not like you can go out and meet some people at a party and suddenly become "friends". It's a relationship that takes time to develop. This is true. The "buddies" I mentioned are all guys I've worked with for years.

Bwana
04-09-2011, 08:02 PM
Mr FAX, great post, life is full of a lot of acquaintances, but very few true friends.

RJ
04-09-2011, 08:10 PM
I think this is fairly common for "men of a certain age". All my old friends are 2000 miles away and I think I've met maybe 2 people in the past 15 years I could really call friends. And only one of the two lives in New Mexico.

My life pretty much revolves around my family and work. I like to play golf when I can but those guys aren't really friends, they're golf buddies. I guess I'm ok with that but I have to admit there are times when I miss all my old friends back in Baltimore and maybe even feel a little lonely. But it never lasts long, I'm way too busy to ever dwell on it.

Baconeater
04-09-2011, 08:21 PM
I have lots of friends, but they vary in levels and purposes.

KurtCobain
04-09-2011, 08:26 PM
I'm in Bug's top ten friends.

blaise
04-09-2011, 08:28 PM
I've moved around the country a lot and one of the harder things to do is to make an actual friend. You meet people through your kids and stuff, but there's always a sort of disntance.

Old Dog
04-09-2011, 08:28 PM
Have thought of this many times Mr. Fax. As Bwana said, many acquaintances, but very few (in my case, zero who aren't related) true friends

Baconeater
04-09-2011, 08:39 PM
I've moved around the country a lot and one of the harder things to do is to make an actual friend. You meet people through your kids and stuff, but there's always a sort of disntance.
Yeah I imagine that makes it tough, I've lived in the same 20 mile radius my entire life. Some of these fuggers are like AIDS, I can't get rid of them.

cdcox
04-09-2011, 08:42 PM
I have one good friend in town that I've known for about 15 years. I thought I'd lost him when he went through a bout of deep depression (he didn't get out of bed for a year). He's been his old self for a couple of years now. If I lost my wife, I would probably spend more time with him (no homo).

I got together with my three roommates from college last summer. That was great because even though I had not seen any of them in 10 years, we picked up right where we left off within minutes of seeing each other again. But I haven't talked to any of them since then. I still consider them among my closest friends because I could share some personal stuff with them and feel perfectly at ease. I think it would be ideal if all four of us and our wives (who all know and like each other) all retired in the same place. I'm realistic enough to know that life doesn't work that way very often.

I stumbled across a high school friend of mine on Facebook a few years back. We had difficulty keeping a conversation going on chat, but I think if we met in person it would be better. We met in person 10 years ago or so and clicked pretty well.

My latest friend was a student of mine. We had a lot in common and grew close. He's about a 7 hour drive from here, and we've seen each other a couple times a year since he moved away for job opportunities. We haven't talked in 6 mos or so, but I don't really feel like we are growing apart. We just haven't talked.

For me, I have a handful of lifetime friendships. Most of those lie dormant for years at a time. I really need to have the in-person contact for the friendship to be active. When you have that in-person contact with someone that is a true friend, it is a pretty great thing.

Easy 6
04-09-2011, 08:48 PM
I have lots of Planet friends, does that count? Most never talk to me, but they requested me & they're on the list... sooo technically, i have many pals.

Bwana
04-09-2011, 08:49 PM
Have thought of this many times Mr. Fax. As Bwana said, many acquaintances, but very few (in my case, zero who aren't related) true friends

TBD:Dead nuts on the money. How many people would you trust with your wishes if you took an unexpected dirt nap, bottom line.

pr_capone
04-09-2011, 09:09 PM
I'm right there with you Mr. Fax. I had a horrible experience that left me without friends or family at the age of twenty two. Since then, I have found it nigh impossible to allow someone to get close enough to call a true friend.

Sure, there are people I work with that I get along with ok and there is always online interaction via forums. My wife and brother are the only two people I know that I have any real confidence in. Making new friends is difficult for me as life has taught me that people are generally unreliable and selfish animals.

I feel your pain Mr. Fax.

KcMizzou
04-09-2011, 09:11 PM
TBD:Dead nuts on the money. How many people would you trust with your wishes if you took an unexpected dirt nap, bottom line.Honestly, two.

One of those "buddies" I mentioned would qualify. I'm gonna go ahead and upgrade him to "true friend" status, now that I think about it. He's a lucky guy. Happily married with a beautiful wife and family. He's more religious than me, but not so much that he can't come over, watch a game and pound some beers.

We became friends from working together, and sports. (He's one of the guys I go with every year to see the MU/KU game at Arrowhead.) It's 90% silly shit.. but the other 10% is real conversation about real shit... and it goes both ways.

Just an example... I'm struggling with my teenage son right now. Love him to death, and I know he loves me... but we're bumping heads. This dude knows more about the situation than most of my family.

Someone who's honestly interested and concerned, and that you can confide in... that's a friend.

luv
04-09-2011, 09:13 PM
I almost started a friend appreciation thread this morning. Even had some stuff typed out. Decided not to.

58-4ever
04-09-2011, 09:17 PM
I almost started a friend appreciation thread this morning. Even had some stuff typed out. Decided not to.

Me too. Ive had some extreme acts of kindness from friends lately. I have three guys that are lifetime, tell anything to and do anything for, kind of friends. (no homo)

"Bob" Dobbs
04-09-2011, 10:44 PM
I sometimes wonder if I'm a sociopath.So do we.

LiveSteam
04-09-2011, 10:51 PM
Yeah I imagine that makes it tough, I've lived in the same 20 mile radius my entire life. Some of these fuggers are like AIDS, I can't get rid of them.

Um thats an easy fix
Just have them spend a night in your haunted basement. LOL

wazu
04-09-2011, 11:06 PM
I'll be your friend.

I could be a friend to you.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_slxtRGFtC7k/SV8a5UtaB7I/AAAAAAAAAKw/5XCVyS_0NEg/s200/boggs.gif

Over-Head
04-09-2011, 11:18 PM
loads of people I knnow, but I can count my TRUE friends on one hand

Bwana
04-09-2011, 11:26 PM
loads of people I knnow, but I can count my TRUE friends on one hand

Bingo..... looking forward to busting a few brews this summer, when you make it down.

Der Flöprer
04-09-2011, 11:32 PM
I would've agreed with you wholeheartedly a year ago. I'm a married guy, we keep to ourselves for the most part, and we're pretty happy that way.

But shit hit the fanin our lives, and there were some people on this website that stepped up for me completely unsolicited. Surprised the hell out of me, and you could never convince me that those people weren't my friends. They know who they are, and they know that one day I hope to return the favor, although I hope it's never because they need me too.

Dave Lane
04-09-2011, 11:34 PM
I think males in general are more like this. We tend to be solitary creatures and the females are the social butterflies. I definitely have been thinking along these lines to and find with time and having been married my male friends are pretty thinned out. Less than 5 probably 2-3. I have many female friends but you know what they want, and they definitely won't bust you out of jail if you need it so what good are they I say? :)

Bwana
04-09-2011, 11:47 PM
I would've agreed with you wholeheartedly a year ago. I'm a married guy, we keep to ourselves for the most part, and we're pretty happy that way.

But shit hit the fanin our lives, and there were some people on this website that stepped up for me completely unsolicited. Surprised the hell out of me, and you could never convince me that those people weren't my friends. They know who they are, and they know that one day I hope to return the favor, although I hope it's never because they need me too.

Yet you never took me up on my offer to stop in for a night of steaks and beer in Montana. Shame on you! :D

FAX
04-10-2011, 12:00 AM

I don't think you're a sociopath, Mr. keg in kc. I think that, if you're a sociopath, it doesn't even cross your mind that you might be one. It's like that with crazy people. If you think you're crazy, you probably aren't because the world is crazy and living in a crazy world makes you crazy which, in turn, makes you sane. Plus, if you truly were a sociopath, I'm pretty sure you would have offed Mr. Donger by now. I know I would have.

But, back on the friend thing ... I think a lot of people have a fairly "linear" life path. I mean, they go to school, find a job, marry, have a family, retire, and die ... pretty much in that order. My life took a very different path and unfolded in distinct "chapters" that are almost completely unconnected with each other. There was the pre-college chapter, the college chapter, the LA/California chapter, the Nashville chapter, and the discovered-the-beautiful-and-witty-Mrs.-FAX chapter. I think I would still have friends from the past chapters except for the fact that, when I migrated from one chapter to the next, I pretty much closed the book on the previous chapter. In retrospect, I think this might have been a mistake.

I think what I'm going to do is buy a motorcycle and some leathers and start traveling around the country looking up people from previous chapters. Just, I mean, to see what happened with them and if there's any existing or continuing connection between us on any level.

FAX

Otter
04-10-2011, 01:19 AM
I have an idea of what you're saying Fax and I too recently lost a friend to suicide. The transformation he went thru in the last 2 years was devastating to everyone. All I can say is be a good judge of character, surround yourself with people you like (trust your 'gut'), take it as it comes and keep on ****ing rockin'.

It certainly doesn't get easier as you get older and more engrossed in paying bills and making a living to build up those memories of when 'insert crazy night' happened and whatever happens that causes a bond actually happens.

I'm getting closer to 40 than I am to 30 but if you're ever in my neck of the woods or I'm in yours I'll certainly do my best to go bonkers. Just have to promise not to get scared or take incriminating pictures.

:D

keg in kc
04-10-2011, 01:40 AM
I don't think you're a sociopath, Mr. keg in kc. I think that, if you're a sociopath, it doesn't even cross your mind that you might be one. It's like that with crazy people. If you think you're crazy, you probably aren't because the world is crazy and living in a crazy world makes you crazy which, in turn, makes you sane. Plus, if you truly were a sociopath, I'm pretty sure you would have offed Mr. Donger by now. I know I would have.I'm reading a horror trilogy about a sociopathic kid right now. So that's where that actually came from. Not that anybody could possibly have known that...

FAX
04-10-2011, 01:44 AM
Well, I think that, if you're reading a trilogy about sociopaths, then you probably are one.

And after giving the matter some careful consideration, Mr. Otter, I believe I can honestly say that I have never had a truly close friend who hasn't scared the living crap out of me at least once.

FAX

acesn8s
04-10-2011, 02:07 AM
Dear FAX,

I would be honored to be your friend, however, that would mean giving up my nemesis status. I realize that I have not been a very good nemesis for you and that would mean that you would then need to begin a search for a new nemesis. But as your current nemesis, I should not care about such matters. However, as your soon to be friend, I do care about your struggles. This is quite the conundrum for myself as you can see. Befriend or not to befriend, that is the question.

acesn8s

KcMizzou
04-10-2011, 02:09 AM
Damnit. Why don't I have a nemesis.

JOhn
04-10-2011, 02:27 AM
Damnit. Why don't I have a nemesis.

Fuck you 4321

feel better?

KcMizzou
04-10-2011, 02:30 AM
**** you 4321

feel better?Yes. You have a cape and everything. Start plotting against me.

KcMizzou
04-10-2011, 02:32 AM
I can't do any thwarting if nobody makes the evil plans.

JOhn
04-10-2011, 02:36 AM
Yes. You have a cape and everything. Start plotting against me.

Shiiiiiiiitt

I've been plotting against you for years :evil:

KcMizzou
04-10-2011, 02:43 AM
Shiiiiiiiitt

I've been plotting against you for years :evil:LMAO

I suspected as much.

FAX
04-10-2011, 02:45 AM
Dear FAX,

I would be honored to be your friend, however, that would mean giving up my nemesis status. I realize that I have not been a very good nemesis for you and that would mean that you would then need to begin a search for a new nemesis. But as your current nemesis, I should not care about such matters. However, as your soon to be friend, I do care about your struggles. This is quite the conundrum for myself as you can see. Befriend or not to befriend, that is the question.

acesn8s

Thanks, Mr. acesn8s, I appreciate the offer. And I wouldn't sell yourself short on the nemesis deal, either. Ever since you became my nemesis, I've been re-reading every single one of my posts at least three times before hitting the submit button deal.

Honestly, there have been several posters who, via PM or rep message, have held out the hand of friendship, a couple who have held out the beer of fellowship, and one dude who held out the penis of hardship. With the exception of that last guy, I'm very appreciative. However, I'm not "down" or "blue" or "sad" or "semi-catatonic dissociative compulsive". I mean, I could have used a friend to help with the shrubberies and all, but it wasn't like I began rolling on the grass with tears streaming down my cheeks, off my chin, across my torso, down my crotch, through my asscrack, back up my back, around my scalp, and back up my nose or anything.

It was just a kind of moment when you realize that something you have sort of taken for granted isn't really very real. I guess I always figured I would have good friends around ... but they seem to have died off or gone away ... or I've gone away. I think it just means I have to try harder to be friendly, maybe.

Anyhow, nemesis or no, I do sincerely appreciate the concern expressed by you, Mr. acesn8s, and all those who took the time to PM or message me in support ... it means that I have more friends than I thought.

FAX

JOhn
04-10-2011, 02:47 AM
Thanks, Mr. acesn8s, I appreciate the offer. And I wouldn't sell yourself short on the nemesis deal, either. Ever since you became my nemesis, I've been re-reading every single one of my posts at least three times before hitting the submit button deal.

Honestly, there have been several posters who, via PM or rep message, have held out the hand of friendship, a couple who have held out the beer of fellowship, and one dude who held out the penis of hardship. With the exception of that last guy, I'm very appreciative. However, I'm not "down" or "blue" or "sad" or "semi-catatonic dissociative compulsive". I mean, I could have used a friend to help with the shrubberies and all, but it wasn't like I began rolling on the grass with tears streaming down my cheeks, off my chin, across my torso, down my crotch, through my asscrack, back up my back, around my scalp, and back up my nose or anything.

It was just a kind of moment when you realize that something you have sort of taken for granted isn't really very real. I guess I always figured I would have good friends around ... but they seem to have died off or gone away ... or I've gone away. I think it just means I have to try harder to be friendly, maybe.

Anyhow, nemesis or no, I do sincerely appreciate the concern expressed by you, Mr. acesn8s, and all those who took the time to PM or message me in support ... it means that I have more friends than I thought.

FAX

That had to be KcMizzou, never trust a Mizzou fan :shake:

JOhn
04-10-2011, 02:52 AM
LMAO

I suspected as much.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bDmb4YQqizQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KcMizzou
04-10-2011, 02:56 AM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bDmb4YQqizQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>:eek: Dude... we're just messing around, right?

KcMizzou
04-10-2011, 02:56 AM
That had to be KcMizzou, never trust a Mizzou fan :shake:And there ya go... with the plotting against me.

JOhn
04-10-2011, 02:59 AM
:eek: Dude... we're just messing around, right?

Of course we are o:-)

Did you buy that? :fire:

acesn8s
04-10-2011, 03:01 AM

FAXAs you wish. To steal another line by the guy portraying Doc Holiday, "I'll be your huckleberry." That is if you desire. Cheers :toast:

KcMizzou
04-10-2011, 03:01 AM
Did you buy that? :fire:Nope.

JOhn
04-10-2011, 03:39 AM
Nope.

oh.......

Well I guess then telling you I was in the lab plotting wouldn't help huh?:p

big nasty kcnut
04-10-2011, 04:28 AM
Fax your my friend and if the intresting and witty mrs.fax has a pretty niece or friend maybe you could hook up a friend.

burt
04-10-2011, 08:53 AM
My best friend is my brother, Domer. It is by choice, not because we are related. We are always there for each other.

Otherwise, I have a few fairly close friends that I have worked with. When you work 60 hour work weeks together, you tend to get fairly close. But only Domer would help me bury a body......or a treasure.

Fax, I more consider you a distant sage that I can rely on to uplift my spirits with wit. Same for Rainman and Bob Dole, except Bob Dole doesn't post enough.

ExtremeChief
04-10-2011, 09:19 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_WZJuSBPiNZk/TSl9NrQVpPI/AAAAAAAAAbE/OdgkUDwzSHs/s1600/cableguy.jpg

Everyone needs a friend Fax...

ChiTown
04-10-2011, 09:32 AM

FAX

I thought we banned acesn8s. Hmm...........

bevischief
04-10-2011, 09:43 AM

I don't think you are the only one on here that thinks that way. Just look at some the post counts.

ForeverChiefs58
04-10-2011, 10:11 AM
I'll be your huckleberry.

Hog Farmer
04-10-2011, 12:43 PM
I only had one friend. I ended up marrying his wife. For that I'll never forgive the mother fucker !