PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports ****Official MLB thread for fans of teams not named Royals or Cards****

chefsos
04-09-2011, 05:15 PM
Okay, I'm going to try something. I've sometimes looked for a place to excitedly type something here on the odd occasions when my Orioles actually did something noteworthy. I know we have fans of lots of ballclubs here, so let's gather here so Cards and Royals fans can easily find and ridicule us...

chefsos
04-09-2011, 05:19 PM
For example, O's 5, Previously Undefeated and Awesome Rangers...zero. Zach Britton, who was supposed to spend at least half of this season in the minors: 7 2/3 shutout innings, and is 2-0 with an 0.69 ERA.

!!!

KC_Connection
04-09-2011, 05:21 PM
AL East>Rest of Baseball

chefsos
04-09-2011, 05:25 PM
AL East>Rest of BaseballIt is going to be a brutal run in this division. I have no illusions. Hell, I'll probably JIMP if the O's can somehow squeak into third place this year...

Rams Fan
04-09-2011, 05:30 PM
Lets go Rays!

But they're 0-6 now? 0-7? WHEN WILL IT END?

chefsos
04-09-2011, 05:36 PM
Lets go Rays!

But they're 0-6 now? 0-7? WHEN WILL IT END?They got one somewhere. Hey, they're tied with the Sox!

Do the Rays have a Ring of Fame, and if so when does Manny go up on it?

Rams Fan
04-09-2011, 05:40 PM
They got one somewhere. Hey, they're tied with the Sox!

Do the Rays have a Ring of Fame, and if so when does Manny go up on it?

I've been to the Trop once. IIRC, they have a wall where they retire numbers. Wade Boggs is the only player who has his number retired by the Rays.

CoMoChief
04-09-2011, 05:41 PM
Who the fuck cares...

chefsos
04-09-2011, 06:00 PM
I was really counting on CoMo's support, too. Damn.

Fruit Ninja
04-09-2011, 06:05 PM
Lets go Rays!

But they're 0-6 now? 0-7? WHEN WILL IT END?

Probably not for a while. They are hurt and guys getting busted for drugs and retiring.

My team cant hit for crap. We got like 3 good hitters then thats it. lol

Dodgers got some nice young pitching which i am excited for, b ut outside of that. Its going to be a long season.

P.S Fuck yoU Frank McCourt.

CoMoChief
04-09-2011, 06:18 PM
I'm really glad this thread was started so I know how the Florida Marlins, Oakland Atheletics and Milwaukee Brewers are doing

chefsos
04-09-2011, 06:23 PM
I'm really glad this thread was started so I know how the Florida Marlins, Oakland Atheletics and Milwaukee Brewers are doingOK, noted. CoMo: Marlins/A's/Brewers fan. Thanks.

Fruit Ninja
04-10-2011, 12:26 AM
A's are going to contend this year it looks like it. Still funny watching a guy pitch who i played little league with.

Anyways. Dodgers found a way to win low scoring games. Its our only chance! Broxton seems to have found his fastball again.

BIG_DADDY
04-10-2011, 12:28 AM
GO GIANTS!!!

KC_Connection
04-10-2011, 12:55 AM
Umpire Bob Davidson just caused the Jays to lose in a 14 inning game on a terrible obstruction call. ****ing idiocy.

Rams Fan
04-10-2011, 01:07 AM
Umpire Bob Davidson just caused the Jays to lose in a 14 inning game on a terrible obstruction call. ****ing idiocy.

Dan Haren with the W.

KC_Connection
04-10-2011, 02:14 AM
Dan Haren with the W.
Never should have even gotten to pitch.

SPATCH
04-10-2011, 03:44 AM
Fuck this thread.

Royals. Forever and ever. Amen.

BigMeatballDave
04-10-2011, 04:09 AM
WOO HOO! GO ROYALS!

:)

BigMeatballDave
04-10-2011, 04:28 AM
AL East>Rest of BaseballGood. Watch the East Coast Sports Programming Network and keep this tripe off the Planet...

Fruit Ninja
04-10-2011, 04:47 AM
Good. Watch the East Coast Sports Programming Network and keep this tripe off the Planet...

i am so glad that there is a MLB network, NFL network and NBA TV, so i dont have to watch ESPn unless its a live sporting event.

I couldnt tell you the last time i watched SportsCenter, its been a few years.

KC_Connection
04-10-2011, 10:22 PM
Good. Watch the East Coast Sports Programming Network and keep this tripe off the Planet...

I would, but they don't give a shit about the Blue Jays.

Rams Fan
04-10-2011, 10:25 PM
I would, but they don't give a shit about the Blue Jays.

Speaking of the Blue Jays, Weaver beasted.

KC_Connection
04-10-2011, 10:33 PM
Speaking of the Blue Jays, Weaver beasted.
I was watching the Masters but watched the highlights. Weaver is going to have another ridiculous season. It's tough to K Bautista like he did in the 8th, but that was a nasty pitch.

chefsos
04-12-2011, 07:54 PM
Josh Hamilton broke his arm. Don't know if it was the golden one...

Hamilton may be sidelined 2 months with broken arm
By NOAH TRISTER, AP Sports Writer
1 hour, 32 minutes ago

DETROIT (AP)—Texas slugger Josh Hamilton is expected to miss six to eight weeks after breaking his upper right arm on a headfirst dive into home plate Tuesday, a daring dash the AL MVP later called “stupid.”

Hamilton tried to score from third on a foul popup near the Detroit dugout in the first inning. Third baseman Brandon Inge and catcher Victor Martinez both chased the ball, leaving the plate unprotected.

Inge made the catch, then tossed the ball to Martinez, who scampered back in time to tag Hamilton.

“It was a stupid play,” Hamilton said. “The whole time the ball was in the air, the coach was yelling, ‘Go, there’s no one at home,’ and I was thinking, ‘I don’t want to do this, something is going to happen.’

“But I listened to my coach,” he said, referring to third-base coach Dave Anderson. “It was way too aggressive. Maybe if they had both been closer to me, but they had a perfect angle to cut me off, and the only way to avoid a tag in that situation is to go head first.”

Hamilton slid headfirst earlier in the inning on an RBI triple. The Tigers wound up winning 5-4.

Rangers general manager Jon Daniels defended Anderson’s decision to send Hamilton.

“We play an aggressive style of baseball,” he said. “The chances of getting hurt on that play are minimal.”

The AL champion Rangers, off to a 9-2 start, said Hamilton has a non-displaced fracture of the humerus bone at the top of his arm, just below the shoulder. He isn’t expected to swing a bat for a month.

The fracture was small enough that it wasn’t detected on an X-ray, but Daniels held a conference call about two hours after the game with results from an MRI exam.

“Obviously, he’s a big part of our club,” Daniels said. “We built the club to deal with something like this.”

Texas manager Ron Washington was actually giving Hamilton a breather Tuesday by making him the designated hitter instead of starting him in the outfield. Washington said before the game he planned to give Hamilton the day off entirely on Wednesday.

Now Hamilton’s headed to the disabled list, and Daniels said the team will probably call up Chris Davis(notes) from Triple-A Round Rock.

Hamilton missed most of the final month of the regular season last year with two broken ribs after he made a catch, then rolled his ankle and stumbled hard into the outfield wall at Minnesota. He was back in time for the postseason and helped Texas reach the World Series.

Hamilton hit .359 with 32 home runs and 100 RBIs in 2010. He’s hitting .333 this season.

In 2009, Hamilton was limited to 89 games when he had two stints on the disabled list after separate wall-crashing catches.

The Rangers gave him a $24 million, two-year contract in February, avoiding arbitration.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Ao4A7jkeAYn5Ou8LLSs0Gg0RvLYF?slug=ap-rangers-hamilton

Sfeihc
04-12-2011, 08:40 PM
Too bad about Josh. The REAL AL MVP had the GWRBI today. This glass of scotch on the rocks is for you, Miguel!!!!!

Cabrera is the youngest player to 300 doubles since 1946. He turns 28 on April 18.

Go TIGERS!!!!!

SDChiefs
04-12-2011, 08:43 PM
I hate your orioles for giving us the chump that is erik bedard and raping us of our whole farm system.

chefsos
04-12-2011, 08:57 PM
I hate your orioles for giving us the chump that is erik bedard and raping us of our whole farm system.Oh hell, I barely remember Bedard. I guess that doesn't make you feel any better, though.

chefsos
04-20-2011, 04:01 PM
Wow. The Doyers ownership mess must be getting really bad in a hurry. MLB's stepping in now.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/news/story?id=6397488

Bud Selig says MLB will run Dodgers

NEW YORK -- Major League Baseball is taking the extraordinary step of assuming control of the Los Angeles Dodgers, a team increasingly paralyzed by the bitter divorce of owners Frank and Jamie McCourt.

Once among baseball's glamour franchises, the Dodgers have been consumed by infighting since Jamie McCourt filed for divorce after 30 years of marriage in October 2009, one week after her husband fired her as the team's chief executive. Frank McCourt accused Jamie of having an affair with her bodyguard-driver and performing poorly at work.

Baseball commissioner Bud Selig said in a release Wednesday that he will appoint a representative to oversee the "business and the day-to-day operations of the Club."

"I have taken this action because of my deep concerns regarding the finances and operations of the Dodgers and to protect the best interests of the club," Selig said Wednesday in a statement.

The Los Angeles Times reported this week that Frank McCourt had arranged a $30 million loan from Fox, the team's television partner. Selig has not approved a new longterm contract between team and Fox, and the Times said the money was needed to make payroll.

Selig said he will appoint his representative within a few days.

"My office will continue its thorough investigation into the operations and finances of the Dodgers and related entities during the period of Mr. McCourt's ownership," Selig said. "The Dodgers have been one of the most prestigious franchises in all of sports, and we owe it to their legion of loyal fans to ensure that this club is being operated properly now and will be guided appropriately in the future."

Selig's move might be seen by some as a precedent should the New York Mets have additional financial problems. With owners Fred Wilpon and Saul Katz under pressure from a lawsuit tied to the Bernard Madoff swindle, the Mets borrowed $25 million last year from Major League Baseball. Unlike the McCourts, Wilpon is a longtime friend of Selig.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Pestilence
04-20-2011, 04:02 PM
Dude......God damnt McCourt. :facepalm:

Rams Fan
04-20-2011, 04:47 PM
Holy shit.

Fruit Ninja
04-20-2011, 04:48 PM
As a Dodger fan, i am embarrased and extra freaking excited at the same time. Dude is on his way out everyone is saying. Some L.A reporter that follows the Dodgers closely said there is rumblings that with McCourts IRs investigations he's going to end up in jail.

He's done. thank you god

Rams Fan
04-20-2011, 04:50 PM
Also, having been to Dodger Stadium, I think it's okay. I think it's like almost any other stadium(except with a huge parking lot surrounding it). Coors, IMO, is better.