PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs NFL Schedules

Baconeater
04-10-2011, 08:51 AM
I heard on the radio yesterday that the NFL is going to release the schedules this week. Should we expect another MNF game? What about SNF?

(I am asking this under the assumption that there will be a season. Do not come into this thread and talk about the lockout)

kstater
04-10-2011, 08:55 AM
Doubt it. With the lockout looming, I'd think they'd give the max appearances to the big market teams. Because with a lockout, fan interest could wane, and after the lockout ends, they'd want to get as many people interested again and forget about the lockout.

KurtCobain
04-10-2011, 08:56 AM
Well Loren, I'll fucking kill something if arrowhead doesn't get another monday night game. Finances won't allow it, but I don't want to miss a game next year. I definitely am not missing another Monday Night.

BigMeatballDave
04-10-2011, 09:02 AM
Doubt it. With the lockout looming, I'd think they'd give the max appearances to the big market teams. Because with a lockout, fan interest could wane, and after the lockout ends, they'd want to get as many people interested again and forget about the lockout.Reading Fail :LOL:

Baconeater
04-10-2011, 09:03 AM
Well Loren, I'll fucking kill something if arrowhead doesn't get another monday night game. Finances won't allow it, but I don't want to miss a game next year. I definitely am not missing another Monday Night.
I could see us getting one as a road team this time. That would suck.

Old Dog
04-10-2011, 02:25 PM
Another late Monday opener wouldn't shock me. I'm guessing we get one home and one away prime time game.

Chocolate Hog
04-10-2011, 02:27 PM
There isn't going to be a season....

Hog Farmer
04-10-2011, 02:29 PM
I'm betting we get all the Monday night games this year. Pioli is awesum

The Bad Guy
04-10-2011, 02:40 PM
I think this team is getting at least one MNF and one SNF game.

You make the playoffs, you get prime time games.

-King-
04-10-2011, 02:47 PM
Damn, I'm not too sure there will be a season. I don't see the lockout ending. The players have been locked out and I don't see them agreeing to a deal any time soon. They'll probably be locked out most if not all of this season. This lockout will probably last a long time.

Huffman83
04-10-2011, 02:56 PM
NFL schedule?
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/216312_10150163648900003_561590002_6961353_952053_s.jpg

Old Dog
04-10-2011, 03:21 PM
NO one in this thread has said they will end up playing, but the schedule is still slated to be released the week of the draft from what I have read.

Farzin
04-10-2011, 04:37 PM
I think this team is getting at least one MNF and one SNF game.

You make the playoffs, you get prime time games.

Not really. I wish that were the case. That wasn't the case in 2007 for the Chiefs. Made the playoffs in the 2006/07 season and did not receive a prime time game at home. They did get a SNF game in week 17, but that was on the road and it got switched.

The Raiders haven't made the playoffs in a long time and have received many prime time games at home. I don't know how exactly these games are determined, but it clearly has nothing to do with how you did the season before.

And had it not been for Clark Hunt, I doubt we would have had a MNF game last season.

Chocolate Hog
04-10-2011, 04:41 PM
Not really. I wish that were the case. That wasn't the case in 2007 for the Chiefs. Made the playoffs in the 2006/07 season and did not receive a prime time game at home. They did get a SNF game in week 17, but that was on the road and it got switched.

The Raiders haven't made the playoffs in a long time and have received many prime time games at home. I don't know how exactly these games are determined, but it clearly has nothing to do with how you did the season before.

And had it not been for Clark Hunt, I doubt we would have had a MNF game last season.

Come on that's because the 2006 team didn't deserve to make the playoffs and in the off season everyone knew the team would be rebuilding so there was no reason for the 2007 team to get a national game. I don't recall the last time they got a Monday Night game other than the late night openers but that had to do more with time zone than anything else.

cardken
04-10-2011, 04:44 PM

I'm guessing the Raiders and Diego get as many national games as they do is so that the NFL can have a shot at that huge L,A. Television market. The Raiders still have a huge following there despite their performance on the field.

The Bad Guy
04-10-2011, 04:47 PM

There's a big difference between being a 9-7 team that gets in because of tiebreakers and a 10-6 team that won the division and has some playmakers to build interest in.

Farzin
04-11-2011, 05:47 AM
There's a big difference between being a 9-7 team that gets in because of tiebreakers and a 10-6 team that won the division and has some playmakers to build interest in.

The Chargers were 8-8 in 2008 and they got a couple of prime time games the following season including one game at home. I can't say I know this for sure off the top of my head, but there I think we've had 10-6 teams (or better) not receive a prime time game the season before, which leads me to believe that the selection is random. But you could be right. I'm guessing you have to be a "good" playoff team in order to earn multiple prime time games?

Maybe San Diego got it because of the L.A. television market (going off of what someone said above.) I'm not sure. If anyone knows the logic and the consideration that goes behind building the schedule, I'm all ears..

HMc
04-11-2011, 07:14 AM
I heard on the radio yesterday that the NFL is going to release the schedules this week. Should we expect another MNF game? What about SNF?

(I am asking this under the assumption that there will be a season. Do not come into this thread and talk about the lockout)

Doubt it. With the lockout looming, I'd think they'd give the max appearances to the big market teams. Because with a lockout, fan interest could wane, and after the lockout ends, they'd want to get as many people interested again and forget about the lockout.

:LOL: some people love the bickering etc but it's shit like this that makes CP great, IMO. First reply in the thread and it doesn't even seem deliberate ROFL

The Bad Guy
04-11-2011, 08:22 AM
The Chargers were 8-8 in 2008 and they got a couple of prime time games the following season including one game at home. I can't say I know this for sure off the top of my head, but there I think we've had 10-6 teams (or better) not receive a prime time game the season before, which leads me to believe that the selection is random. But you could be right. I'm guessing you have to be a "good" playoff team in order to earn multiple prime time games?

Maybe San Diego got it because of the L.A. television market (going off of what someone said above.) I'm not sure. If anyone knows the logic and the consideration that goes behind building the schedule, I'm all ears..

I'm sure there's a blend of fan interest, dynamic player story lines and prior ratings to determine. Plus, you have to be playing another team with a solid following.

The Chiefs schedule this year is chalk full of very popular teams.

Coogs
04-11-2011, 08:28 AM
I'm betting they proceed with caution with us. IIRC, the Browns looked like an up and comming team with Anderson, Edwards, Winslow, etc. Browns were booked into several Prime Time events on Sunday, Monday, and Thursday. The Browns regressed instead of getting better, and the NFL was left with like 5 or 6 crappy games in primetime.

KCrockaholic
04-11-2011, 08:32 AM
Oh yeah, the Chiefs will get at least 1, maybe 2 primetime games just thanks to the fact that they play an extremely high level of competition this year. I mean, look at who their facing. All those teams will be getting tons of primetime games. And a couple will be against the Chiefs.

Pestilence
04-11-2011, 09:23 AM
I don't think we get another MNF game. I can see us getting 2 SNF games though.

The Bad Guy
04-11-2011, 09:32 AM
I don't think we get another MNF game. I can see us getting 2 SNF games though.

Actually, the NFL puts the best games on Sunday night anymore.

Start Croyle
04-11-2011, 11:09 AM
I hope the Chiefs schedule is not as easy as last year!

Last season, fans had their hopes falsely raised by the Chiefs extremely weak schedule. We need a hard schedule to expose and root out the problems within the organization so we can go for the Super Bowl in 2013!

Reerun_KC
04-11-2011, 11:13 AM

Last season, fans had their hopes falsely raised by the Chiefs extremely weak schedule. We need a hard schedule to expose and root out the problems within the organization so we can go for the Super Bowl in 2013!

ROFL

Dear God, did you actually put thought into this post?

Pasta Giant Meatball
04-11-2011, 11:16 AM

I don't remember the Chiefs having any problem getting Primetime games during the Marty and heck even Vermiel years.

KCrockaholic
04-11-2011, 11:16 AM

I don't care if you're joking.

You're a fucking retard.

Coogs
04-11-2011, 12:29 PM
We will probably get the Thanksgiving Day game in Detroit, since they are due to win one on that day. And we will probably get about 3 or 4 games with teams comming off of their bye week. At Indy comming of of their bye week, at New England comming off their bye, at the Jets... same scenario, home for the Steelers... ditto, home for the Pack... you guessed it, comming off their bye week following a three week West Coast road trip for us against all three division opponents.

notorious
04-11-2011, 12:31 PM
ROFL

Dear God, did you actually put thought into this post?

I don't care if you're joking.

You're a ****ing retard.

LMAO

Hays
04-11-2011, 12:56 PM
Well he does want to start croyle