PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Beer Class: What is your favorite style of beer?

Chiefs Rool
04-10-2011, 12:21 PM
You may have noticed that in the beer threads that I am somewhat of a beer connoisseur. I enjoy pretty much every style other than light beers and pale lagers.

There is finally a trend in America that I like and that is smaller breweries are growing at a rapid pace and producing some great beer. It seems Americans are finally exploring the wonderful world of good beer.

I'm sure everyone has a "go to" beer or a "go to" brewery. But what are your favorite styles?

Also, forgive my spelling.

light beers - usually crap like Bud light, miller lite, etc.
Pale Lagers- usually crap like Bud, MGD, Coors, etc. Although there are some decent ones like Carlsberg, Kona and Kronenburg, but I wouldn't prefer them
White Ales - spring time is here and it's time to enjoy an Avery White Rascal or an Allagash White, throw an orange in there! I'm sure most of you stick to Blue Moon though, which coors is probably the best out of the big 3 but I still avoid them. Orange and coriander spice flavor, typically.
American Wheats - I know that Boulevard Wheat has to be at the top of everyone's list for this style, but there are some other good ones out there like Widmers and Paulaner.
Bavarian Hefewiessen's - pretty much just like American wheats, but a little "spicier" or more zesty. Franziskauner and Weissenstephaner produce some nice one's, enjoy with a lemon. Try the Franziskauner Hefe-Dunkel, it's darker than most but drinks just as easy.
Pale-Ale's - usually more hoppy and floral than your pale lager and there are some nice one's out there. Like, Oskar Blue's Dale's Pale Ale and Boulevard are 2 of my favorites
Amber Ales - red in color and a more balanced flavor but still easy to drink and many different flavors, I like these beers a lot. Ithica Casazilla Red is one of my favorites.
Brown Ales - I love love love brown ales. Usually nutty and often hoppy. Dogfish Head Indian Brown is one of my favorite beers and even the common Newcastle is nice for how popular it is.
Stouts - a nice creamy stout or something more complex, hard to go wrong here. I love Guinness, I know it's common but it's great and is also fun to layer on top of other beers like Boulevard Wheat (put the wheat on the bottom and spoon the guiness on top to layer). But there are lots of fantastic stouts out there other than guinness.
Imperials - these are typically more extreme than the normal style. More of everything, hops, malt, grains, alcohol content, ect. Imperials can be found in lots of styles but stouts are the most common. It seems every brewery these days are making an imperial as a gimmick though.
Bocks - These are usually dark, heavy meal in a bottle type beers. Love them! Full of flavor, sometimes complex. Spaten Optimator is a great one.
Lambics - spontaneously fermented with fruit usually. Lindeman's Framboise is the only good one I've had, but I haven't had many.
Anomalies - these beers are hard to put your finger on which type of beer it is, Anchor Steam is a nice one and Rouge Dead Guy Ale is fantastic
ESB's - extra special bitters, these vary from smooth and 3% abv to complex and hoppy and 7% abv. Fuellers ESB is nice.
IPA's - probably my personal favorite style of beer. They load the hops into these brews and all carry an IBU rating, the higher that rating is the more hoppy it's going to be. Dogfish Head makes the best IPA's in my opinion. The 90 minute is a go to for me. There are tons of great one's out there.
Pilsners - these are a little bitter and piney. Easy drinking and refreshing. Stella, Pilsner Urquell are the common ones.
Barley Wine - aged beer? yes sir, these vary in color and are often complex and have a higher abv
Strong Ales - most from Belgium. Usually very expensive and very strong. Beers like Delirium Tremens and Chimay Triple are very easy to drink and are quite refreshing and you would never know it's 8 or 9% abv. Then you also have beers like Gulden Draak and St Bernardus which are darker and more complex. I have noticed more and more breweries in America coming out with these and they are very nice.
Scottish Ales - or pub ales. Best out of a nitro tap, creamy and easy to drink. Boddington's and Bellhaven are 2 common ones that pretty much anybody can enjoy.
Ice beer - usually a pale lager brewed and chilled until ice crystals appear and they are higher in abv. You probably won't see me drinking these.
Malt Liquor - give me a 40...or wait DON'T!
Blonde Ales - usually effervescent and golden in color. Easy to drink and some are quite tasty and refreshing! Usually spiced, Thomas Hooker Blonde is a nice one.
Other Belgian styles - trappist, Saison, Alt, Abbey's etc. Belgium makes some ****ing great beer and they take that shit seriously too.
Porters- dark and heavy somewhat like a stout, but more of a roasted flavor and often with coffee and toasted grains. Stone Smoked Porter is my favorite and another go to beer of mine.
Fruit beers - Waschusett Blueberry is basically a blueberry flavored lager. There are others too, stay away from Wild Blue it's a disgusting "Blue Dawg" brewery beer, but it's actually a fooking Anheuser Busch beer in disguise. They've been doing this shady bs since the rising of smaller breweries to try to take away from them. You won't find Anheauser Busch anywhere on the label or the box, but it is!
Hard Ciders - effervescent, cider. I don't really care for them, but Woodchuck is pretty good.

Other - What the hell did I miss?

Marcellus
04-10-2011, 12:26 PM
Saison and IPA.

Love a good pilsner too.

BIG_DADDY
04-10-2011, 12:27 PM
Amber Ales and Belgian Styles

OnTheWarpath58
04-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Pilsner..

Huge fan of Sam Adams Noble Pils and New Belgium's Blue Paddle.

Saul Good
04-10-2011, 12:32 PM
I love oatmeal stouts.

Demonpenz
04-10-2011, 12:35 PM
Cammo Ice

BigMeatballDave
04-10-2011, 12:35 PM
Root

Phobia
04-10-2011, 12:36 PM
Belgian Ales.

DeezNutz
04-10-2011, 12:36 PM
IPA.

KCUnited
04-10-2011, 12:37 PM
Hefe's

RJ
04-10-2011, 12:37 PM
I like my beer cold... my TV loud... and my homosexuals flaming.

//Homer Simpson

Marcellus
04-10-2011, 12:38 PM
I usually answer "free" to this question.

Pawnmower
04-10-2011, 12:45 PM
Ales, more specifically Ambers and Stouts.

Chiefs Rool
04-10-2011, 12:49 PM
for me IPA's reign supreme. So many great ones! Dogfish Head makes the best IPA's IMO, the 90 minute is so freaking good! Stone IPA is pretty good too.

I tend to pick my beers along with the season. In the cold winter months, I was putting down Stouts, Porters and brown ales mostly. Now that it's spring and warming up, I love sitting out on my back porch during a nice day with a cold White Ale with an orange or a Blvd Wheat.

seclark
04-10-2011, 12:50 PM
two kinds of beer. good and better.

Cammo Ice
only booze that made me puke while i was still sober.
sec

Chiefs Rool
04-10-2011, 12:51 PM
you know what would be a good idea for Rain Man to make a new "heat"? Breweries! Although I would fear that Anheuser Busch would win.

JD10367
04-10-2011, 12:53 PM
I can drink anything (except lite beer) but prefer the darker ales, reds, fruit flavored or wheat, and occasional stout. I like beers with strong flavor levels; a beer should be like a meal. (I rarely get drunk, but if that's the aim I'll just down Jack Daniels or something.)

Chiefs Rool
04-10-2011, 12:55 PM
Lately I've discovered how Guiness can go with other beers. Like layer it on top of another beer, like a black and tan. But try it with Blvd Wheat or a Blue Moon. And those blueberry beers go great like that too.

NewChief
04-10-2011, 12:58 PM
Lately I've discovered how Guiness can go with other beers. Like layer it on top of another beer, like a black and tan. But try it with Blvd Wheat or a Blue Moon. And those blueberry beers go great like that too.

Love the Guiness/Blvd. Wheat combo. They call that a "bumblebee" at most bars around here, though I think the term was originally used for Guinness and Boddington's.

Over-Head
04-10-2011, 01:06 PM
Other - What the hell did I miss?
Draught :thumb::thumb: may not be a "type", but man I do love me an ice cold draught.

cdcox
04-10-2011, 01:27 PM
Strong ales, lambics, other Belgium ales, hefewiessens, ESBs.

Blick
04-10-2011, 01:30 PM
Pilsner..

Huge fan of Sam Adams Noble Pils and New Belgium's Blue Paddle.

My girlfriend and I just picked up a 6 pack of each on Friday night. I loved the Nobile Pils.

Reaper16
04-10-2011, 01:34 PM
My top 5 favorite styles:
1.) Saison/Farmhouse Ale
2.) Gueuze
3.) American IPA (specifically west-coast)
4.) Double/Imperial Stout
5.) Robust Porter

DaFace
04-10-2011, 01:35 PM
Occasional treat: Sour Brown
Sixer here and there: Saison
Daily drinker: Brown

Reaper16
04-10-2011, 01:36 PM
Occasional treat: Sour Brown
Sixer here and there: Saison
Daily drinker: Brown
What Saisons are you enjoying that come in six-packs?

wazu
04-10-2011, 01:36 PM
I love oatmeal stouts.

Me too. Love that Berbiglia has started selling Free State Oatmeal Stout in KC.

Reaper16
04-10-2011, 01:37 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention. Chiefs Rool -- Lindeman's Framboise is a terrible example of a lambic.

DaFace
04-10-2011, 01:39 PM
What Saisons are you enjoying that come in six-packs?

New Belgium has one, but it's seasonal (and not even EVERY season). However, the one I've been drinking lately has actually been a homebrew of a friend of mine's.

Reaper16
04-10-2011, 01:43 PM
New Belgium has one, but it's seasonal (and not even EVERY season). However, the one I've been drinking lately has actually been a homebrew of a friend of mine's.
I've had that New Belgium one. I forgot about it because it's so terrible.

kstater
04-10-2011, 01:44 PM
I'm not a big fan of any New Belgium beer. But I could understand if you're local liking it.

the Talking Can
04-10-2011, 01:44 PM
IPA's...more specifically double IPA's..year round

Imperial stouts in the winter

pilsner in the summer

Saison...just started but quickly moving up the list

DeezNutz
04-10-2011, 01:45 PM
Love the Guiness/Blvd. Wheat combo. They call that a "bumblebee" at most bars around here, though I think the term was originally used for Guinness and Boddington's.

Blvd Stout + Wheat for a Storm Cloud. Pretty great combo.

DaFace
04-10-2011, 01:46 PM
I'm not a big fan of any New Belgium beer. But I could understand if you're local liking it.

Eh, I like them as a company because of how much they've done for the craft beer industry as a whole, and especially here in Colorado. However, I don't actually buy their stuff all that often. There are WAY too many other quality brewers out here to really set yourself on just one.

WV
04-10-2011, 01:47 PM
Stout & Lager.

Saul Good
04-10-2011, 02:16 PM
Me too. Love that Berbiglia has started selling Free State Oatmeal Stout in KC.

Do they really? That's my favorite beer on the planet.

Johnny Vegas
04-10-2011, 02:20 PM
I like different kinds for different days. I drink Sam Adams lattitude 48 IPA, Noble pils, and Boston Lager. New Belgium's fat tire, and 2 below. Love Hefe's made by anyone, usually drink Bayern's hefe.

Jethopper
04-10-2011, 02:23 PM
Bud. Lagers, the most expensive type of beer to produce. Only the best for me

Reaper16
04-10-2011, 02:26 PM
Bud. Lagers, the most expensive type of beer to produce. Only the best for me
Lagers take longer, which does make them more expensive. Budweiser, and other such industrial lagers, are incredibly cheap to make, though. The scale of production is a part of this, sure, but moreso is the use of corn and rice to supplement the more expensive malted barley.

trndobrd
04-10-2011, 02:40 PM
Beer: Sour Brown Ales

Ciders: Pear

NewChief
04-10-2011, 02:54 PM
I tried the lips of faith sour and really liked it. It was a sample so I don't know if I'd like if it has enough complexity for a full bottle.

Radar Chief
04-10-2011, 02:59 PM
IPA for warm weather, stout or porter for cold weather.

trndobrd
04-10-2011, 02:59 PM
I tried the lips of faith sour and really liked it. It was a sample so I don't know if I'd like if it has enough complexity for a full bottle.

I haven't tried lips of faith, who makes it? Rodenbach is my all time favorite. I tried the New Belgium attempt when I was in Ft. Collins last year...sub par.

DaFace
04-10-2011, 03:11 PM
I haven't tried lips of faith, who makes it? Rodenbach is my all time favorite. I tried the New Belgium attempt when I was in Ft. Collins last year...sub par.

Lips of Faith is New Belgium's "premium" line. La Folie, their sour brown, is part of that line.

kstater
04-10-2011, 03:12 PM

A full bottle is a tough, tough drink. Great beer, but way too much for a full bomber.

DaFace
04-10-2011, 03:15 PM
A full bottle is a tough, tough drink. Great beer, but way too much for a full bomber.

Yeah, it's definitely meant to be shared. Even splitting a bomber among two people is a bit much. Four is about perfect.

Reaper16
04-10-2011, 03:29 PM
Pussies. *swigs entire bomber of La Folie by himself*

Nah, seriously, I'd much prefer to share a bomber with one other person than try to tackle it by myself.

cardken
04-10-2011, 03:29 PM
COLD

DaFace
04-10-2011, 03:31 PM
COLD

Disagree. I hate it when restaurants serve good beers too cold. :)

Reaper16
04-10-2011, 03:34 PM
COLD
Cold beers = shit beer.

Lonewolf Ed
04-10-2011, 04:02 PM
Since my favorite beer of all time is Jacobsen Brown Ale from Carlsberg, I guess I will go with nut brown ales. This one is brewed with 5 or 6 different malts, and I love to just inhale the aroma before my first swig.

Jethopper
04-10-2011, 04:59 PM
Lagers take longer, which does make them more expensive. Budweiser, and other such industrial lagers, are incredibly cheap to make, though. The scale of production is a part of this, sure, but moreso is the use of corn and rice to supplement the more expensive malted barley.

Lagers are the hardest beers to make because they have to be kept cold throughout much of the process. The yeast requires it. Length to brew has nothing to do with it.

Reaper16
04-10-2011, 05:01 PM
Lagers are the hardest beers to make because they have to be kept cold throughout much of the process. The yeast requires it. Length to brew has nothing to do with it.
That isn't tough at all. It used to be before the days of refrigeration. Now it's no more difficult than brewing with top-fermenting yeast.

Jethopper
04-10-2011, 05:03 PM
That isn't tough at all. It used to be before the days of refrigeration. Now it's no more difficult than brewing with top-fermenting yeast.

False

Jethopper
04-10-2011, 05:04 PM
You need a larger operation to make any sort of mass produced product while maintaining consistancy. This is why you see so many IPA and Ale companies. Simply put, they are cheaper to make.

Reaper16
04-10-2011, 05:11 PM
You need a larger operation to make any sort of mass produced product while maintaining consistancy. This is why you see so many IPA and Ale companies. Simply put, they are cheaper to make.
Wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong. I don't want to take away from the remarkable consistency that breweries such as AB achieve. To make such a consistent product that the massive scales in which they brew is truly remarkable. BUT you're flat-out wrong about expense. If AB made IPA in the same scale as they do Budweiser, the cost of that much IPA would blow the costs for Bud out of the water. Just on malts alone, let alone the the hops.

NewChief
04-10-2011, 05:13 PM
Oh shit. Beer knurd fight.

Reaper16
04-10-2011, 05:18 PM
Oh shit. Beer knurd fight.
WTF? Filter bypass? If you're going to call me a nerd than say it properly. /cross-thread humor

Jethopper
04-10-2011, 05:20 PM
Wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong. I don't want to take away from the remarkable consistency that breweries such as AB achieve. To make such a consistent product that the massive scales in which they brew is truly remarkable. BUT you're flat-out wrong about expense. If AB made IPA in the same scale as they do Budweiser, the cost of that much IPA would blow the costs for Bud out of the water. Just on malts alone, let alone the the hops.

Go google it bud. You are way off base with your IPAs being more expensive to brew at ANY level of production. Lagers, all around, are more expensive to brew.... You may like ales/IPA, but it's no reason to avoid common knowledge.

kysirsoze
04-10-2011, 05:23 PM
My top 5 favorite styles:
1.) Saison/Farmhouse Ale
2.) Gueuze
3.) American IPA (specifically west-coast)
4.) Double/Imperial Stout
5.) Robust Porter

This is my order except for I'd start at 3 and wrap around to 1. Top five beer styles, though. They're the most consistently complex and surprising.

Reaper16
04-10-2011, 05:26 PM
Go google it bud. You are way off base with your IPAs being more expensive to brew at ANY level of production. Lagers, all around, are more expensive to brew.... You may like ales/IPA, but it's no reason to avoid common knowledge.
So, what you're telling me is that, at the same scale, the cost to lager a beer (mostly in maintaining a cold temperature) that is otherwise made with very little hops and uses adjunct grains to keep costs low is going to be more expensive than the cost of an IPA with tons more hops and specialty malts?

Johnny Vegas
04-10-2011, 05:31 PM
I would have to agree the pale lager is cheaper to make than a brown lager.

Jethopper
04-10-2011, 05:31 PM
adjunct grains are used in large scale operations. ingredients can be changed or rearranged any way you want. adjunct grains are also used in ale production. Ingredients dont matter. You could put 10,000 dollars into making one drop of beer if you wanted. The process makes it a more expensive, crisper beer.

Reaper16
04-10-2011, 05:35 PM
adjunct grains are used in large scale operations. ingredients can be changed or rearranged any way you want. adjunct grains are also used in ale production. Ingredients dont matter. You could put 10,000 dollars into making one drop of beer if you wanted. The process makes it a more expensive, crisper beer.
This post makes pretty much no sense.

*Remember, I'm the guy who initially agreed with you that lagers are more expensive to make but with the caveat that Bud and its ilk aren't expensive, not compared to an all-grain lager with premium ingredients*

Saulbadguy
04-10-2011, 05:39 PM
I don't have a favorite style, but I do have a favorite style based on what the weather is like, or what the season is, or what mood i'm in.

Mr. Kotter
04-10-2011, 08:17 PM
St. Bernabus Abt 12 is my default beer.

My personal, at the moment: Imperial Stouts. North Coast's Old Russian Rasputin'...Russian recipe passed to the Brits. I should probably be ashamed; it's so good, I'm not. Just sayin'. Heh.

Mr. Kotter
04-10-2011, 08:19 PM
Although, I have to admit: my favorite, all-time beer...is the "free" style. Just sayin', I'll drink Bud Light, or even Busch or Old Milwaukee. Heh, not really. Wow, I HAVE become a beer snob.

Free is free, though. Heh. :hmmm:

chasedude
04-10-2011, 08:26 PM
It's tough to pick a favorite yet. There's so many I havn't tried to narrow down the list.

kysirsoze
04-10-2011, 08:30 PM
This post makes pretty much no sense.

*Remember, I'm the guy who initially agreed with you that lagers are more expensive to make but with the caveat that Bud and its ilk aren't expensive, not compared to an all-grain lager with premium ingredients*

I think his point is if you use quality ingredients in both styles of beer, lagers are more expensive due to the process. Using Budweiser as the standard for lagers isn't a fair comparison. (Although their label suggests otherwise.)

shirtsleeve
04-10-2011, 08:53 PM
IPA's

But how does the OP know about Wachusett Blueberry? That stuff is brewed about 5 miles from my home town. Its (from what I know) only sold in Mass and RI.

If you all are getting Wachusett, try their IPA. fantastic. Or their Green Monsta. Really smooth big beer.

Phobia
04-10-2011, 08:58 PM
You know what - IPAs are probably pretty high on my list too. My watering hole stocks about 80% of their tap brews as IPA because the owner is a huge IPA fan so I'd say I like them very well since I keep going back.

HonestChieffan
04-10-2011, 09:04 PM
Erdinger was tonights pick. Hard to find but worth a stockpile when it is in stock.

Chiefs Rool
04-11-2011, 12:04 AM
Oh, I forgot to mention. Chiefs Rool -- Lindeman's Framboise is a terrible example of a lambic.

I haven't had too many of them, it's not my favorite beer but I thought it was tasty at the time. I wouldn't go out of my way to get it again. I've also had the cranberry lambic from Sam Adams which I thought was terrible. I don't see too many lambics around, I should try some more of those. You got any recommendations?

Reaper16
04-11-2011, 12:12 AM
I haven't had too many of them, it's not my favorite beer but I thought it was tasty at the time. I wouldn't go out of my way to get it again. I've also had the cranberry lambic from Sam Adams which I thought was terrible. I don't see too many lambics around, I should try some more of those. You got any recommendations?
Anything from Cantillon, Drie Fontenien, Hanssens, Boon, De Cam, De Rank, Girardin, even Upland from Indiana. Those are real lambics. Lindemans' fruit lambics use artificial sweetener to make the more of a mass-market product (though Lindeman's base lambic and their gueuze are quite nice).

Reaper16
04-11-2011, 12:13 AM
I think his point is if you use quality ingredients in both styles of beer, lagers are more expensive due to the process. Using Budweiser as the standard for lagers isn't a fair comparison. (Although their label suggests otherwise.)
Which is exactly what I said to him at the very start of our little spat, but I was told that I was incorrect.

BIG_DADDY
04-11-2011, 12:15 AM
Anything from Cantillon, Drie Fontenien, Hanssens, Boon, De Cam, De Rank, Girardin, even Upland from Indiana. Those are real lambics. Lindemans' fruit lambics use artificial sweetener to make the more of a mass-market product (though Lindeman's base lambic and their gueuze are quite nice).

I'm impressed. I don't think I have tried any of those.

Chiefs Rool
04-11-2011, 12:17 AM
IPA's

But how does the OP know about Wachusett Blueberry? That stuff is brewed about 5 miles from my home town. Its (from what I know) only sold in Mass and RI.

If you all are getting Wachusett, try their IPA. fantastic. Or their Green Monsta. Really smooth big beer.

I travel a lot, I always look for local stuff when I'm away. The Wachusett Larry Double IPA was out of this world! There was another brewery that was good in Mass, Harpoon. They had some really good stuff. Colorado has a pretty awesome breweries as well, Stone being the best IMO. My soon to be ex-wife's mom lives in New York and they have some pretty great breweries there too, Brooklyn and Ithica has some awesome beers and Dogfish Head is in new england too, surprisingly New England's breweries are freaking amazing! I was also digging Magic Hat.

Reaper16
04-11-2011, 12:19 AM
I'm impressed. I don't think I have tried any of those.
You are missing out. You should be able to get all of the Belgian breweries from that list out where you live (the Cantillon will be hard to find, as it is one of the most well-regarded breweries in the world. Their production is FAR less than the global demand).

BIG_DADDY
04-11-2011, 12:19 AM
I travel a lot, I always look for local stuff when I'm away. The Wachusett Larry Double IPA was out of this world! There was another brewery that was good in Mass, Harpoon. They had some really good stuff. Colorado has a pretty awesome breweries as well, Stone being the best IMO. My soon to be ex-wife's mom lives in New York and they have some pretty great breweries there too, Brooklyn and Ithica has some awesome beers and Dogfish Head is in new england too, surprisingly New England's breweries are freaking amazing! I was also digging Magic Hat.

Micros in this country are exciting. It's about time. Oh yea, vodka too.

BIG_DADDY
04-11-2011, 12:22 AM
You are missing out. You should be able to get all of the Belgian breweries from that list out where you live (the Cantillon will be hard to find, as it is one of the most well-regarded breweries in the world. Their production is FAR less than the global demand).

I will do my due diligence my friend, thanks for the tip.

Chiefs Rool
04-11-2011, 12:22 AM

I'll try to keep my eyes peeled for those

BIG_DADDY
04-11-2011, 12:25 AM
I'll try to keep my eyes peeled for those

All the Belgiam stuff I have had has been awesome. I don't even remember the names but I certainly remember the price tag.

shirtsleeve
04-11-2011, 03:34 AM

Well, glad you liked em. Next trip here, try some Smuttynose IPA, and OPA- OPA.
We have a lot of micro/craft breweries here. Lots of home brew clubs and amateur brewers too. Brew Pub/restaurants get a lot of attention too. (Those are fun if you have them your way, the brewery is right there behind glass in the restaurant, with them serving a dozen or so of their own brews on tap) We're kinda a hotspot for the brew culture. We have the weather and plentiful cold clean water around here, which helps.

CrazyPhuD
04-11-2011, 04:29 AM
Alcoholic

Dayze
04-11-2011, 07:31 AM
either IPAs or Nut Brown ales.

Lzen
04-11-2011, 07:34 AM
I really like:
Hefewiessens
Pale Ales
Imperials
IPA
Pilsners
Scottish Ales
Porters
Lagers - Sam Adams black lager and Boston lager are my favs.

Light beers are pretty much out. The only light beer that I've ever had that even had some decent flavor was Sam Adams Light. But I don't even drink that stuff these days because I want more flavor.

MOhillbilly
04-11-2011, 07:35 AM
The kind that makes work less boring.

Otter
04-11-2011, 07:55 AM
Hoppy Ales

I guess that would be the 'strong ale' category.

Fish
04-11-2011, 08:46 AM
All 4Loko... All the time....

Chiefs Rool
04-11-2011, 10:07 AM
Hoppy Ales

I guess that would be the 'strong ale' category.

could be any category almost depending on the brew. :thumb:

Frazod
04-11-2011, 10:13 AM
Bavarian wheat for me.

Shag
04-11-2011, 11:23 AM
Impossible to pick a favorite style. Not sure if I could even pick 5, lol - it's a rotating thing for me, depending on the season. I like just about every style I've tried, with the exception of american light lagers, hefeweizens. Not a huge fan of wheat beers, though I do love Bell's Oberon in the summer...

Some of my favs:
- Robust Porter
- IPA
- Tripel
- Oktoberfest/Marzen
- Stout/Imperial Stout

BigOlChiefsfan
04-11-2011, 01:08 PM
Pilzner, Stout, Porter, Marzen, Bock

Bump
04-11-2011, 01:10 PM
only fat people drink heavy beers. Miller Lite or Mich Ultra FTW

tooge
04-11-2011, 01:19 PM
Favorites: Pale Ales, American Wheats, Belgian Ales
Least Favorites: IPA's and Lambics.
And I am totally against any kind of fruit slice in my beer. Leave that shit on the side

tooge
04-11-2011, 01:27 PM
You know what - IPAs are probably pretty high on my list too. My watering hole stocks about 80% of their tap brews as IPA because the owner is a huge IPA fan so I'd say I like them very well since I keep going back.

I've tried and tried to like IPA's. I guess my pallet simply doesn't like that much "hoppiness". I have found two I like over the years. One is Stealhead which is out of Oregon I think, and the other is Sierra Nevada which is actually one of my favorite all time beers. For me though, they really have their time and place, and its usually with a nice piece of charred and rare meat.

Frazod
04-11-2011, 02:27 PM

Only fucking imbeciles drink watered-down piss and think they're special because of it.

petegz28
04-11-2011, 02:51 PM
http://www.idlehandsbar.com/images/brews/WBHob032.jpg

petegz28
04-11-2011, 02:52 PM
Only ****ing imbeciles drink watered-down piss and think they're special because of it.

No shit. The MGD 64 commercial where there dude is doing exercises and his buddy goes "you could just drink an MGD 64" is so gay. I would smack a chump in the mouth if he ever suggested something like that just for not being man enough to drink real beer.

petegz28
04-11-2011, 02:54 PM

Dude, this is a beer thread. Not beer-flavored, piss water.

gblowfish
04-11-2011, 03:02 PM
I like Ale.
My favorites are Newcastle Brown and Bass.
American ale I like Schlafly Pale Ale out of St. Louis a lot. It's better than Boulevard's Pale Ale, better flavor and color.
http://www.schlafly.com/

I do like Boulevard's new pilsner beer. I'm told it tastes a lot like the old school lagers sold in KC by local brewers like Muehlbach Beer or Country Club Beer.

I think I'd like a beer right now, actually....

Is it beer :30 yet?

petegz28
04-11-2011, 03:06 PM
I like Ale.
American ale I like Schlafly Pale Ale out of St. Louis a lot. It's better than Boulevard's Pale Ale, better flavor and color.

I do like Boulevard's new pilsner beer. I'm told it tastes a lot like the old school lagers sold in KC by local brewers like Muehlbach Beer or Country Club Beer.

I do like Newcastle. Good stuff.

SuperChief
04-11-2011, 03:20 PM
Pilsners for me. Grolsch, Stella, etc.

Although I did try some sort of Japanese beer while in the UK once, which was fantastic. Unfortunately I don't remember the name (as it was in Japanese on the tap). And I was drunk.

Lzen
04-11-2011, 03:26 PM
I like Ale.

When I was at the St. Louis Blues Festival a couple years ago, I was so glad I discovered Schlafly Pale Ale. It was pretty good and much better than all the other normal crap (Bud, Coors, Miller). But I still think Blvd's Pale Ale is better.

Radar Chief
04-11-2011, 03:40 PM
Pilsners for me. Grolsch, Stella, etc.

While Iíll admit Iíve never tried a Pilsner Urquell the other pilsners I have sampled tasted like someone dropped a bottle of aspirin in them. I am definitely not a fan.

Radar Chief
04-11-2011, 03:43 PM
When I was at the St. Louis Blues Festival a couple years ago, I was so glad I discovered Schlafly Pale Ale. It was pretty good and much better than all the other normal crap (Bud, Coors, Miller). But I still think Blvd's Pale Ale is better.

Same here but Iíll admit my bias.
I have yet to sample a pale ale I thought was better than Boulevardís pale ale.

loochy
04-11-2011, 03:47 PM
I won't lie just to sound cool. I like good ol' American light lagers like Coors Light and Bud Light. I'm also fond of Corona and Sol.

Fish
04-11-2011, 03:51 PM
While Iíll admit Iíve never tried a Pilsner Urquell the other pilsners I have sampled tasted like someone dropped a bottle of aspirin in them. I am definitely not a fan.

I've never found a Pilsner that I liked. Including Urquell. And I like a really wide range of different brews.

gblowfish
04-11-2011, 03:56 PM
Tonight is Three Stooges Night at the Schlafly Brewery in St. Louis...
nyuk nyuk nyuk!!!
http://www.schlafly.com/events/calendar/2011/04/11/t/

NewChief
04-11-2011, 04:13 PM

They're usually described as skunky. I love them.

bevischief
04-11-2011, 06:53 PM
two kinds of beer. good and better.

only booze that made me puke while i was still sober.
sec

You forgot free beer.

Phobia
04-11-2011, 06:55 PM
I've tried and tried to like IPA's. I guess my pallet simply doesn't like that much "hoppiness". I have found two I like over the years. One is Stealhead which is out of Oregon I think, and the other is Sierra Nevada which is actually one of my favorite all time beers. For me though, they really have their time and place, and its usually with a nice piece of charred and rare meat.

How can Sierra Nevada be one of your alltime favorites and you don't like an IPA? Sierra Nevada basically is an IPA by my palate.

Try a Lagunitas IPA and get back to me.

Phobia
04-11-2011, 06:57 PM
Same here but Iíll admit my bias.
I have yet to sample a pale ale I thought was better than Boulevardís pale ale.

I'm tearing one up right now. I might even have 2 or 3.

Reaper16
04-11-2011, 09:51 PM
I like Ale.

Boulevard Pale Ale is WAAAAAAY better than Schlafly Pale Ale.

BUT Schlafly Dry-Hopped APA is better than Boulevard Pale Ale.

1moreTRich
04-12-2011, 12:15 PM
Sorry Reaper, I know you have disputed most of this but I just couldn't sit idly by and see all these complete falsehoods.

It is absolutely laughable that you think Lagers are the hardest beers to make just because they have to be kept cold. A good lager is hard to make because there is nothing to cover up any flaws. The entire process from grain selection, to yeast selection, to mash, to boil, to fermentation and lagering all contribute to a lager being good. The coldness of the lagering is just an additional step in the process and probably one of the easier steps.

Larger does not always mean better consistency. These small brewers can produce very consisent products. And yes that includes all type of beers, including those that are lagered. I would venture to say that IPAs and Pale Ales are the ones most at the forefront for smaller brewers because those are the best sellers.

If you want to say any level of production, then lets go to my level. One 5 gallon batch. I would say I can produce a Standard American Lager (Budweiser) for around $20, probably less if I wanted to push it. Here (http://www.brewmasterswarehouse.com/recipe/3d6ade72/shoultzmeyer-brewery-bigger-fizzy-yellow-lager) is a pretty simple recipe, that even uses a nice quality lager yeast and a good portion is still base malt not adjunct. Now stay on that website and look at prices of Russian Imperial Stouts or Imperial IPAs or even IPAs. There is no comparison, most are at least doubled if not even more than that. I can get a lager setup going in a basement if needed. Even if I do use a freezer to lager, you think my electric bill will be effected by >$20. Ales have to be regulated in temperature as well. Just because they don't have to be kept as low doesn't mean there isn't a system in place to keep it controlled.

Its funny how wrong you are Jethopper. You have to use specific grains to get specific styles, IPAs, Brown Ales, Stouts etc. all take expensive specialty grain to make on top of the base malt and much larger hop bills. To say that adjunct is so interchangeable and has really no bearing on the overall cost it flat out ludicrous. I would almost venture to say their specialty grain alone in the majority of those beers is probably more than cost of of the entire ingredient bill used to make Budweiser.

Now with that said, Budweiser controls basically every step of there process, from having their own hop growers to their own malt growers. With their economies of scale, there is now way a small brewer could do that, the overhead would just be to much to sustain. Their absolute control over their product is very impressive. (even if they do have acetaldehyde :))

On a smaller scale, small brewers can and do produce lagered beers. Most are more in line with a traditional pilsner or bock that would require those specialty grain as well as the lagering processes. But a lot of these places have refrigeration in place to control the ale temperatures, store yeast, and store the finished product. The only real factor is how long their tank would be only working on this one beer because of the time involved in brewing a lager.

I think that is about all I have. Feel free to make additional comments Jethopper, I would love to talk more in depth if you like.

1moreTRich
04-12-2011, 12:16 PM
Oh and I am a IPA nut, but there are not many beers that I outright don't like.

One more thing about New Belgium not producing good beer. 1554, that is all.

Rudy lost the toss
04-20-2011, 09:06 AM
I know my beer pretty decent enough, and I have a few ideas, but anybody have a suggestion of what kind of beer I should bring to a crawfish boil? Style or specific beer? American Pale or American IPA came to mind, but maybe y'all have something bolder in mind.

luv
04-20-2011, 09:18 AM
Amber Ales
Bocks
Pilsners

My top three.

sedated
04-20-2011, 09:18 AM
I enjoy "crap like Bud Light, miller lite, etc". And the fact that hipster beer snobs can't say those brands without rolling their eyes and preceding them with "crap" or "piss".

MOhillbilly
04-20-2011, 09:21 AM
Shit i still drink a Beast from time to time and enjoy it. Brings back childhood memories.

Phobia
04-20-2011, 09:27 AM
I know my beer pretty decent enough, and I have a few ideas, but anybody have a suggestion of what kind of beer I should bring to a crawfish boil? Style or specific beer? American Pale or American IPA came to mind, but maybe y'all have something bolder in mind.

I always thought good old Shiner Bock went very well with crawfish boils. I'm incredibly jealous of your crawfish boil. That's the thing I miss most about Spring in Texas. In fact, our wedding had a formal reception but directly after that we had a crawfish boil.

Phobia
04-20-2011, 09:29 AM
I enjoy "crap like Bud Light, miller lite, etc". And the fact that hipster beer snobs can't say those brands without rolling their eyes and preceding them with "crap" or "piss".

It is crap or piss. If you ate spam all your life and then discovered an unlimited supply of filet would you go back to eating spam?

sedated
04-20-2011, 09:42 AM
It is crap or piss. If you ate spam all your life and then discovered an unlimited supply of filet would you go back to eating spam?

How great would it be if spam tasted like filet, if only to you? That would save quite a bit of money, and you'd be happy, despite not being able to eat your beloved spam without people pointing, laughing, and making condescending remarks.

luv
04-20-2011, 09:46 AM
Shit i still drink a Beast from time to time and enjoy it. Brings back childhood memories.

When are we getting together for beers? I'm game to hang out anywhere. You came to the southside, so it's only fair if you want me to head north.

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-20-2011, 09:49 AM
My two favorite kinds of beer are cold and free.

Phobia
04-20-2011, 10:04 AM
How great would it be if spam tasted like filet, if only to you? That would save quite a bit of money, and you'd be happy, despite not being able to eat your beloved spam without people pointing, laughing, and making condescending remarks.

Your and idiot and you drink swill.

MOhillbilly
04-20-2011, 10:14 AM
When are we getting together for beers? I'm game to hang out anywhere. You came to the southside, so it's only fair if you want me to head north.

have to be nextweek. are you scared of knife fight type bars?

Fish
04-20-2011, 10:14 AM
An IPA with Viagra in it.... should be appropriate for some old farts round here...

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/7058/07c464fd5cdbfe981563217.jpg

According to the specially commissioned label, the Royal Virility Performance contains Viagra, chocolate, Horny Goat Weed and Ďa healthy dose of sarcasmí. The beer is a 7.5% ABV India Pale Ale and has been brewed at BrewDogís brewery in Fraserburgh.

http://www.brewdog.com/product/royal-virility-performance

luv
04-20-2011, 10:39 AM
have to be nextweek. are you scared of knife fight type bars?

Just as long as I don't end up in the ER. No insurance yet. I doubt I'll have any problems. Of course, I'd want you to walk in with me...and possibly out too...lol.

MOhillbilly
04-20-2011, 10:55 AM
remind me next week.

Rudy lost the toss
04-20-2011, 11:32 AM
I always thought good old Shiner Bock went very well with crawfish boils. I'm incredibly jealous of your crawfish boil. That's the thing I miss most about Spring in Texas. In fact, our wedding had a formal reception but directly after that we had a crawfish boil.

I'm not a huge fan of Shiner, but not surprisingly, their bock is the best ive tried from them. A lot of Shiner Bock fans around here. Even so, I'll probably go with something else.

I just went to a boil hosted by an apartment complex. Tons of crawfish and it all tasted like the shit you'd get at a Chinese buffet. Looking forward to this Easter. It's gonna be great.

RNR
04-20-2011, 02:45 PM
A while back I started a thread about my adventures tasting different micro beers and any beer I had never tried. I have always ordered Bud Light and that has been my beer for years. Well after much research mainly from peer pressure from beer snobs here and some I know in the real world...the results are....

I tried several beers I liked but not one that was a "man this is what I am going to drink from now on" beer. Most of the new beers I liked were of the wheat or pale variety. That said I have changed my choice in beer! Kevin Harvick signed with Budweiser as a sponsor and now I drink ice cold Budweiser. Truth be told normally when I drink for a buzz it is aged Bush mill double shot with a splash of water. In closing I would like to thank the Budweiser, Jimmy Johns, Real Tree, Resses, Coke, 3M, O'Reily auto parts Chevrolet for helping me come to my decision. Disclaimer... sorry if I forgot some of the sponsors~

MOhillbilly
04-20-2011, 02:50 PM
cant wait til Mothers opens.

Fresh Fn beer every day!

Molitoth
04-20-2011, 03:01 PM
Bocks, Stouts, White Ales.

dtebbe
04-20-2011, 03:38 PM
I prefer cold beer

RNR
04-20-2011, 03:44 PM
I prefer cold beer

I would like to suggest the beer chosen by the driver of the the Budweiser, Jimmy Johns, Real Tree, Resses, Coke, 3M, O'Reily auto parts Chevrolet~

Phobia
04-20-2011, 03:46 PM
I'm not a huge fan of Shiner, but not surprisingly, their bock is the best ive tried from them. A lot of Shiner Bock fans around here. Even so, I'll probably go with something else.

I just went to a boil hosted by an apartment complex. Tons of crawfish and it all tasted like the shit you'd get at a Chinese buffet. Looking forward to this Easter. It's gonna be great.

I'm actually not either and I certainly wouldn't pay Texas prices for it. But they've been trying to break into the market up in KC and a twelver for $8 is difficult to pass up on a hot day. It works in a pinch. It's not in my top 100 beers but it's a fine, smooth stand-by.

RNR
04-20-2011, 03:58 PM
I'm actually not either and I certainly wouldn't pay Texas prices for it. But they've been trying to break into the market up in KC and a twelver for $8 is difficult to pass up on a hot day. It works in a pinch. It's not in my top 100 beers but it's a fine, smooth stand-by.

A twelver for $8??? Unless it tastes like rancid pound water that is good beer~

Phobia
04-20-2011, 04:07 PM
A twelver for $8??? Unless it tastes like rancid pound water that is good beer~

Yeah - Same twelve goes for $15+ in Texas. I think they're marking it up to $10 or $12 this summer though so I'll probably just buy Blvd products for the same price.

RNR
04-20-2011, 04:09 PM
Yeah - Same twelve goes for $15+ in Texas. I think they're marking it up to $10 or $12 this summer though so I'll probably just buy Blvd products for the same price.

Texas deserves it ;)

Reaper16
04-20-2011, 05:26 PM
That said I have changed my choice in beer! Kevin Harvick signed with Budweiser as a sponsor and now I drink ice cold Budweiser. Truth be told normally when I drink for a buzz it is aged Bush mill double shot with a splash of water. In closing I would like to thank the Budweiser, Jimmy Johns, Real Tree, Resses, Coke, 3M, O'Reily auto parts Chevrolet for helping me come to my decision. Disclaimer... sorry if I forgot some of the sponsors~
Is this... serious?

Bump
04-20-2011, 05:29 PM
A while back I started a thread about my adventures tasting different micro beers and any beer I had never tried. I have always ordered Bud Light and that has been my beer for years. Well after much research mainly from peer pressure from beer snobs here and some I know in the real world...the results are....

I tried several beers I liked but not one that was a "man this is what I am going to drink from now on" beer. Most of the new beers I liked were of the wheat or pale variety. That said I have changed my choice in beer! Kevin Harvick signed with Budweiser as a sponsor and now I drink ice cold Budweiser. Truth be told normally when I drink for a buzz it is aged Bush mill double shot with a splash of water. In closing I would like to thank the Budweiser, Jimmy Johns, Real Tree, Resses, Coke, 3M, O'Reily auto parts Chevrolet for helping me come to my decision. Disclaimer... sorry if I forgot some of the sponsors~

so you drink Bud just because some nascar driver gets paid to put the logo on their car? Jesus Fucking Christ

RNR
04-20-2011, 05:29 PM
Is this... serious?

Yes deal with it you pampas fuck~

Reaper16
04-20-2011, 05:33 PM
Yes deal with it you pampas fuck~
"Pampas?" Is THIS serious?

Bump
04-20-2011, 05:35 PM

I think he meant pompous, he is a nascar fan, have to be a little patient.

Reaper16
04-20-2011, 05:39 PM
I think he meant pompous; he is a NASCAR fan, you have to be a little patient.
FYP

RNR
04-20-2011, 05:46 PM

pompous sorry fuck head`

DeezNutz
04-20-2011, 05:48 PM
pompous sorry **** head`

I was confused, too. Are you really that big of a Nascar fan? If so, that's cool.

RNR
04-20-2011, 05:57 PM
I was confused, too. Are you really that big of a Nascar fan? If so, that's cool.
Yes and that little of a fan of the pretentious **** I replied to ;)

Marcellus
04-20-2011, 09:13 PM
Just had my first Arrogant Bastard Ale. Good stuff.

Phobia
04-20-2011, 09:33 PM
Just had my first Arrogant Bastard Ale. Good stuff.

Indeed it is. They just started distributing in MO. Deliciousness.

XXXshogunXXX
04-21-2011, 03:18 AM
I dont really have a favorite, I like mostly all of them. I change it up every time I drink.

But its a good time when I find, or have a good sour. Theyre becoming more a little more easier to find, but then again..not really.

Saulbadguy
04-21-2011, 07:01 AM
pompous sorry fuck head`

Dumbass.

Anyways, sometimes I don't mind a Budwesier w/ some tomato juice in it.

MOhillbilly
04-21-2011, 07:15 AM
BLVD Big Tom Blond is not so hot.

boss tom...whatever.

Phobia
04-21-2011, 08:56 AM
BLVD Big Tom Blond is not so hot.

boss tom...whatever.

Yeah. I did not like that one at all. When my barkeep poured me a sample my first impression was "budweiser product".

MOhillbilly
04-21-2011, 09:14 AM
Yeah. I did not like that one at all. When my barkeep poured me a sample my first impression was "budweiser product".

for a blond it had a terrible aftertaste that lingered. But ya buttwiper all the way.

RNR
04-21-2011, 09:53 AM
Dumbass.

Anyways, sometimes I don't mind a Budwesier w/ some tomato juice in it.

I have no idea who you are. I guess the arrogant prick reaper must be a buddy of yoursÖyou can fuck off also~

kstater
04-21-2011, 11:01 AM
Boss Tom is a Bock not a blonde. Could be the difference in your perception. It's been a couple years since I've had it so I can't comment on it.

Reaper16
04-21-2011, 11:04 AM
Boss Tom is a Bock not a blonde. Could be the difference in your perception. It's been a couple years since I've had it so I can't comment on it.
This is only the second year that Boss Tom's has been in production. Previously, BLVD had a slightly different recipe that was draft only; that beer was simply called Maibock.

But yes, you're totally right. Boss Tom's is a Maibock, not a Blonde Ale. It's a lager. It isn't the best Maibock I've ever had, but it's a very solid example of the style.

MOhillbilly
04-21-2011, 11:07 AM
i just wanna drink the shit and not have it taste like ass. bock blond whatever its fn nasty.

scott free
04-21-2011, 11:20 AM
The one you're getting ready to buy me.

kysirsoze
04-21-2011, 11:29 AM
LOL @ the dude coming into a beer thread, saying he chose Budweiser because of the NASCAR sponsorship, and then getting butthurt about "pompous fucks."

RNR
04-21-2011, 02:20 PM
LOL @ the dude coming into a beer thread, saying he chose Budweiser because of the NASCAR sponsorship, and then getting butthurt about "pompous ****s."

It was a joke because I don't drink that much beer and Bud is as good as any to me. As far as butthurt :spock: not at all the guy I was talking to is a prick I have never liked. I treat people here the same as I as I do in real life. If they are a asshole I treat them as one...ok asshole~

Saulbadguy
04-21-2011, 02:24 PM
I have no idea who you are. I guess the arrogant prick reaper must be a buddy of yoursÖyou can fuck off also~

Don't be a dumbass, dumbass.

frankotank
04-21-2011, 02:38 PM
not a big IPA fan, however Flying Saucer will bring in Bells Hopslam every now and then and it is the bomb. best beer in the world may possibly be Blvd BBQ. Blvd Two Jokers is also very very good....should come out in a month or so.

RNR
04-21-2011, 02:43 PM

LMAO ok whatever chet~

RNR
04-21-2011, 02:46 PM

Someone told me you are saul. At that point I quit giving a shit about you again~

NewChief
04-21-2011, 06:48 PM
A bar in town that has had a vats and crap sitting in their windows for 15 years (it's become a running joke) is finally going to get their operation going.

The cool part is that the new brewmaster worked for Goose Island and Great Divide, so we might actually get some decent locally-produced swill around here by the end of the summer.

kstater
04-21-2011, 06:58 PM
A bar in town that has had a vats and crap sitting in their windows for 15 years (it's become a running joke) is finally going to get their operation going.

The cool part is that the new brewmaster worked for Goose Island and Great Divide, so we might actually get some decent locally-produced swill around here by the end of the summer.

Coolbeans. What's the name of the place? Might have to check it out next time I'm up that way.

Saulbadguy
04-21-2011, 06:59 PM
Someone told me you are saul. At that point I quit giving a shit about you again~

:thumb:

NewChief
04-21-2011, 07:47 PM
Coolbeans. What's the name of the place? Might have to check it out next time I'm up that way.

West Mountain Brewery. It's the bar side of the Tim's Pizza on the Square. They're expecting to have their first beer toward the end of summer.

shirtsleeve
04-21-2011, 09:01 PM
We have a new brewery in town. Morning Star. 400bbl place, kinda small. Still, its being sold around the Northeast now, with expansion planned. Due to politics, even though its brewed locally, its only in a few brew pubs around here, but its widely available in the tri-state area. Check him out. I had his IPA on tap last night. His hop and yeast choice was interesting, almost lending a hemp overtone to the brew.

kysirsoze
04-21-2011, 09:59 PM
It was a joke because I don't drink that much beer and Bud is as good as any to me. As far as butthurt :spock: not at all the guy I was talking to is a prick I have never liked. I treat people here the same as I as I do in real life. If they are a asshole I treat them as one...ok asshole~

Well I figured it was a joke until you flipped when someone asked if you were serious. I apologize for not keeping up with what posters you despise. I'm sure he deserved it.

Reaper16
04-21-2011, 10:28 PM
Well I figured it was a joke until you flipped when someone asked if you were serious. I apologize for not keeping up with what posters you despise. I'm sure he deserved it.
I deserve none of his scorn.

Phobia
04-21-2011, 10:42 PM
I deserve none of his scorn.

Dude, I don't know what happened with you two. But I'd known RNR for over a decade. I've never known him to be a jerk for no reason. You do have a knack for being condescending.

Reaper16
04-22-2011, 12:28 AM
Dude, I don't know what happened with you two. But I'd known RNR for over a decade. I've never known him to be a jerk for no reason. You do have a knack for being condescending.
I wasn't aware that anything happened between RNR and I. I'm still not aware, even if he thinks that something did.

Joe Seahawk
04-22-2011, 12:32 AM
Mac N Jacks african amber.. unfiltered amber ale that is the best thing I have ever drank.. :thumb:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_3TVFvkP_-dM/SPtOdtWU5zI/AAAAAAAAAyI/6h5HvIvdCfM/s320/macjacksglass.jpg

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/mac-and-jacks-african-amber-ale/7286/