PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Looking to breakup my Cox Cable/Internet/Phone bundle...

jAZ
04-10-2011, 11:00 PM
... what do you suggest?

I'm currently paying $212/month for cable ($100 cable, $65 internet, $46 phone, $14 fees).

So I bought Ooma today. It will replace my $46+fees land line. By doing that, I expect to lose my $30+ "bundle" discount.

That leaves cable and internet.

Cox has the following internet plans (all speeds "up to" and with "powerboost"):

$90 - 55 Mbps down, 5.5 Mbps up
$65 - 25 Mbps down, 5.5 Mbps up (what I have now)
$50 - 15 Mbps down, not sure up
$36 - 3 Mbps down, not sure up

Qwest DSL has (could save $20 each month on below with Verizon or DirectTV bundle... an option since we are switching to Verizon and maybe DTV or Dish):

$70 - 40 Mbps down, 5 Mbps up
$60 - 20 Mbps down, 896 up
$50 - 12 Mbps down, 896 up
$45 - 7 Mbps down, 896 up
$40 - 1.5 Mbps down, 896 up

Since I've only ever had Cox cable internet (since 2000) my biggest question is how DSL works with Netflix downloading vs cable. What level do I need to buy to have the kind of service I expect today? The only upload speed thing I can think of is my uploading to Youtube and Mozy my HD video files.

On the surface, it looks like signing up for Verizon or Direct TV and getting the 40Mbps for $50/month seems like a decent deal.

That leads me to cable service.

Cox vs DirectTV vs Dish Network

Right now I pay $100/month for most everything expanded basic-ish on cable without any exotic "tiers" and with only HBO... this includes the box rental fee, plus the monthly service fee for DVR/HD. I'm dropping HBO no matter what, so apples to apples appears to be $85.

I'm looking for a whole house HD DVR, I don't care to have any of the premium movie channels. I do want most all of the run of the mill cable stuff (ranging from local channels in HD to sport tier-ish channels, plus cable news and the A&E, G4, etc.

So should I go with my current cable, Dish Network or Direct TV?

(I don't care about Sunday Ticket.)

AustinChief
04-10-2011, 11:04 PM
Are you happy with Cox? Would you say, overall, you like Cox?

shirtsleeve
04-10-2011, 11:10 PM
You could try a water hose. But I find when they get all entwined like that, you're best off just letting them finish.

luv
04-10-2011, 11:12 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tbad22CKlB4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jAZ
04-10-2011, 11:18 PM

Been with them 10 years. So I have to be pretty happy. But I think their DVR is annoying. And I hate spending $210/month.

Complaints with the DVR:

No iphone app, web scheduling
The jump backward 3 sec's button is very noticeably slow (relative to the in-laws Dish Network button)
No corresponding jump forward button at all
No custom channel list feature (Dish can make a list for each person or category)
In channel guide, they force you to look at all the channels even if you don't subscribe... and I'm always clicking to watch a show that I don't have). No way to turn this off.
Doesn't handle daylight savings well here in AZ (where we don't follow it). So it breaks my auto record for all my auto record shows.

Other than that, I guess I don't have much to complain about. Though I would love to save money AND fix all of the above and not find anything new that bugs me. :)

AustinChief
04-10-2011, 11:22 PM
Been with them 10 years. So I have to be pretty happy.
Other than that, I guess I don't have much to complain about. Though I would love to save money AND fix all of the above and not find anything new that bugs me. :)

DUDE.. you didn't just fall for that?!?! So now we can safely say that jAZ likes Cox?

hehe :D

It was just too easy, I had to do it... yes, I know, I'm 12.

jAZ
04-10-2011, 11:32 PM
DUDE.. you didn't just fall for that?!?! So now we can safely say that jAZ likes Cox?

hehe :D

It was just too easy, I had to do it... yes, I know, I'm 12.

jAZ is more than a little disappointed in the price and performance of the Cox he's been paying for every month for 10 years.

BIG_DADDY
04-10-2011, 11:34 PM
jAZ is more than a little disappointed in the price and performance of the Cox he's been paying for every month for 10 years.

I'm surprised you actually have to pay for Cox. The performance is another issue.

AustinChief
04-10-2011, 11:34 PM
hahah this thread is gonna be fun.

luv
04-10-2011, 11:37 PM

I'm surprised you actually have to pay for Cox. The performance is another issue.

Nice.

btlook1
04-10-2011, 11:44 PM
You pay $210 a month for cable???? I would go without before I spent that much. We use dish and have so for about 12 years. Spend about 87 or so a month and have HBO and everything we pretty much want. Happy with Dish and don't plan to change...that being said if I didn't live in BFE I would have cable or DSL...neither are available at my house....just got a new DVR Friday for free...records something like 150hrs.

Been with them 10 years. So I have to be pretty happy. But I think their DVR is annoying. And I hate spending $210/month.

Complaints with the DVR:

The jump backward 3 sec's button is very noticeably slow (relative to the in-laws Dish Network button)
No corresponding jump forward button at all
No custom channel list feature (Dish can make a list for each person or category)
In channel guide, they force you to look at all the channels even if you don't subscribe... and I'm always clicking to watch a show that I don't have). No way to turn this off.
Doesn't handle daylight savings well here in AZ (where we don't follow it). So it breaks my auto record for all my auto record shows.

CrazyPhuD
04-10-2011, 11:45 PM

I'm sure every woman will tell you the longer you've been with Cox the more disappointing it is.

AustinChief
04-10-2011, 11:50 PM
OMG how did I miss this...

So basically you are looking to get off Cox and move on to DSL? It's certainly a step in the right direction...

WV
04-10-2011, 11:52 PM
Admitting you have a Cox problem is the first step.

CrazyPhuD
04-10-2011, 11:55 PM

So basically you are looking to get off Cox and move on to DSL? It's certainly a step in the right direction...

Yes but sometimes it's good to have both after all DSL tends to improve the performance of Cox.

jAZ
04-10-2011, 11:56 PM
I'm sure every woman will tell you the longer you've been with Cox the more disappointing it is.

My Cox is all weak-sauce. And I've become a performance snob. And the Cox I've been getting lately just seems bloated.

jAZ
04-10-2011, 11:58 PM

In my dreams, I'd pay for Cox with DSL.

BIG_DADDY
04-10-2011, 11:59 PM
I think the problem may be in the size of your Cox. The pipe just isn't big enough for professional such as yourself.

jAZ
04-11-2011, 12:12 AM
I think the problem may be in the size of your Cox. The pipe just isn't big enough for professional such as yourself.

When it comes to Cox, I'm a bargain hunter. I'd take 2 Cox for the price of one if I could get it.

Reaper16
04-11-2011, 01:31 AM
Cox? Hello, mods? That's a filter bypass.

BIG_DADDY
04-11-2011, 01:33 AM

Stop

Reaper16
04-11-2011, 01:34 AM
Stop
:(

BossChief
04-11-2011, 02:02 AM
Dude, just switch to Directv or Dish, get DSL and ditch the home line (or use any of 100s of internet phone providers as a home line) and you should be able to almost cut that shit in half.

Word of advise, switch from Dish Network to Directv and back and fourth every 2 years to take advantage of new customer offers.

Good luck with your cox problem.

Der Flöprer
04-11-2011, 05:06 AM
I was never happy when I lived in an area that had nothing to offer but Cox. Seems like with Cox you're always catching, and never pitching.

DeezNutz
04-11-2011, 06:16 AM

Cox isn't. But the sig...

JD10367
04-11-2011, 06:48 AM
Would you say, overall, you like Cox?

Don't answer that! It's a trap! :D

Dude, I don't know what you have that costs over $200. You obviously have some extraneous services like pay-cable (HBO etc.,.). I have the Cox phone/Internet/TV bundle here in the northeast and I pay $150. That gives me plenty-fast Internet, local phone, and cable including most of the higher-tier channels and HD. Just trim back on some of those extras. Also, go right TO your local Cox dealer and talk to them; Cox is constantly introducing new Bundle packages, but you really have to talk to someone in person to run the numbers and see how much it's going to be if you do different things (e.g. drop the Internet speed a bit but add long-distance to the phone, or drop HBO but add caller-ID that shows up on the TV screen, etc.,.).

JD10367
04-11-2011, 06:53 AM
Complaints with the DVR:
[LIST]

Wrong. Look up "Cox Remote Guide Access". It's an app that allows you to see what's on what channel, and then from there you can tell your DVR to record it.

On the other points I agree. The cable DVRs generally suck balls. That's why I also have TiVo. I have two TVs in the parlor: an HD with dual-tuner HD DVR from Cox, and a lo-def tube with dual-tuner lo-def TiVo. I use the Coxbox to tape pretty stuff (History, Animal Planet, Discovery, NatGeo, Travel) and I use the TiVo to tape the usual primetime stuff that doesn't benefit much from hi-def (CSIs, Criminal Minds, Castle, Bones, etc.,.).

phisherman
04-11-2011, 07:31 AM
$212 a month? holy crap!

I have all of what you have, plus HBO and Showtime and it's maybe $125 a month. This is Time Warner, by the way.

KC Jones
04-11-2011, 08:04 AM
There are a lot of really good inexpensive VOIP providers out there. I'm paying $10/month for phonepower because I prepaid for the 2 year deal (advertised as $8/month but that's before taxes). We've been very happy with the service. Please PM me if you want to get it so I can get a referral reward.

In terms of programming, we have basic cable and only because Comcast would bump the ISP charge by $10/month on top of losing the promotional rate if we didn't. It costs $18/month but I'm not so sure it's worth it. We rarely watch broadcast TV. Instead we use roku + netflix + downloads (yarghhh matey!)

I have managed to renew a $25/month internet promotional rate from Comcast every year, but at some point it will jump to $45.

That's $62/month for phone, internet, basic cable, and netflix streaming. I don't have DVR functionality for broadcasts though, so I'm thinking about rigging up something to provide that for over the air programming.

eazyb81
04-11-2011, 08:06 AM
$212 a month? holy crap!

I have all of what you have, plus HBO and Showtime and it's maybe $125 a month. This is Time Warner, by the way.

Are you on a 6-month trial or some other special?

I've never heard of anyone having cable, internet, phone, and premium channels for such a low monthly rate.

I pay $145 a month for cable with HBO and internet from Comcast.

phisherman
04-11-2011, 08:32 AM
Are you on a 6-month trial or some other special?

I've never heard of anyone having cable, internet, phone, and premium channels for such a low monthly rate.

I pay $145 a month for cable with HBO and internet from Comcast.

i've been on the same time warner package for the last 5-6 years.

it's digital home phone, internet (10 meg) and digital cable with all the fixins(HD DVR, on demand, etc). in the contract that i have on it, they can't raise the price more than a dollar or two per year.

hopefully i get to keep the price as long as i stay with time warner.

mlyonsd
04-11-2011, 08:45 AM
You with high speed available have all the options. For us that rely on satellite for internet we're still sort of screwed.

jAZ
04-11-2011, 09:37 AM
Wrong. Look up "Cox Remote Guide Access". It's an app that allows you to see what's on what channel, and then from there you can tell your DVR to record it.
Not available in my area now (or wasn't last time I checked).

BigMeatballDave
04-11-2011, 10:39 AM
I only have 6mb DSL and I have no issues streaming. I have Uverse.

BigMeatballDave
04-11-2011, 10:41 AM
Cox? Hello, mods? That's a filter bypass.:rolleyes:drama queen.

BigMeatballDave
04-11-2011, 10:45 AM
Cox isn't. But the sig...It is, but there is an ignore function for that.

Mr. Plow
04-11-2011, 11:02 AM
i've been on the same time warner package for the last 5-6 years.

it's digital home phone, internet (10 meg) and digital cable with all the fixins(HD DVR, on demand, etc). in the contract that i have on it, they can't raise the price more than a dollar or two per year.

hopefully i get to keep the price as long as i stay with time warner.

Jesus. If that is what you are paying, don't ever change. We are similar to jAZ....DVR, HBO, Skinamax, Starz Internet and we pay $200ish probably. I'm keep saying I want to get rid of the three premium channels because I just don't think we watch them enough, but we use the hell out of the OnDemand feature with them. Kids love the movies on HBO/Starz.

Frankie
04-11-2011, 11:21 AM

You could try a water hose. But I find when they get all entwined like that, you're best off just letting them finish.

ROFL

I see right off the bat that I'm too late to this thread.

DeezNutz
04-11-2011, 11:44 AM
It is, but there is an ignore function for that.

True. But we can ignore individual posters, too. Bypass the filter = ban. Otherwise, let's change the rules because it really isn't a big deal.

NewChief
04-11-2011, 11:46 AM
I'm about to give ATT DSL (actually SBC Global through ATT) the damned boot. I'm trying to move to cutting our TV Cable/Satellite, so I want a high speed connection for streaming netflix. On speedtest, I'm floating at about 0.8 mbs. I go to ATT's "speedtest" and they have me at 1.7mbs. I think their's is full of shit (not that 1.7 is exactly blazing anyway).

So anyway... suggestions for high speed internet? Maybe I just need to upgrade my ATT, or should I, too, move to Cox?;)
I think I'm going to call them first and complain about my speed and threaten to move to Cox, then I'll see if they'll give me an upgrade at a cheap price or something to retain me.

And, yes, my question is actually serious... not just a cox joke.

kepp
05-22-2011, 05:56 PM
Resurrecting this thread because of a DSL speed question. I recently started checking my DSL speed using speedtest.net and, in spite of paying for 3Mbps DL speed, I was consistently getting around 1. So I talked to AT&T/SBC about it and I upgraded to their "Elite" package (up to 6Mbps) for $5 more. Now speedtest tells my I'm getting 1.25 :# However, when I go to AT&T's speed test site, it tells me I'm getting 4.25. I ran the two tests within one minute of each other. I have a feeling that ATT's test is bogus.

So my question is two-fold:

1. Is ATT/SBC the only DSL choice in the KC area? Does anyone have any other DSL service and, if so, what are the speeds like?
2. How fast and consistent is cable internet?

I think I can get either Comcast or Time Warner. But I don't want to switch if its going to be the same deal where they tell me I'm going to get a certain speed but I don't even approach it in reality.

UPDATE: After checking, I can only get Time Warner. Anyone have experience with them?

Infidel Goat
05-22-2011, 06:27 PM
What have you thought of Ooma?

I considered it some time ago, but have been too lazy as it would mean breaking up my TWC bundle. Could probably get cheap DSL from AT&T as a customer without their service for well over a year...

Probably should just call TWC and see if they'll lower my bill first...

jspchief
05-22-2011, 06:45 PM
DSL speeds are affected by traffic load. If you are on at the same time a lot of others are using it, your speeds suffer.

arrowheadnation
05-22-2011, 06:52 PM
I work for Cox Business, but I used to work is residential (not in AZ). I'll try to answer a few of your questions.

Complaints with the DVR:

* No iphone app, web scheduling --there is an Ap. I LOVE it. However it's not currently offered in AZ, but is coming soon. The daylight savings time issue is holding it back I believe.
* The jump backward 3 sec's button is very noticeably slow (relative to the in-laws Dish Network button)--it shouldn't be slow. If your DVR unit is an older one, take it to a local Cox store, they will upgrade it to a newer model at no cost if you ask nicely (if they have them in stock). Most people are unaware of this.
* No corresponding jump forward button at all.--You're correct on this but there are 3 forward and reverse speeds.
* No custom channel list feature (Dish can make a list for each person or category)--I'm not sure about making a list for each person, but if you press Menu once, you can bring up the sports zone, kids zone, weather, news zone, etc. I know this probably isn't what you were looking for, but it's close.
* In channel guide, they force you to look at all the channels even if you don't subscribe... and I'm always clicking to watch a show that I don't have). No way to turn this off.----this is incorrect. (Granted, I'm assuming you have the same software we have in Kansas). Press Menu twice, go to my preferences, then to skipped channels. You can add the ones to which you don't subscribe to this list.
* Doesn't handle daylight savings well here in AZ (where we don't follow it). So it breaks my auto record for all my auto record shows.--this is weird. I do not live there, so I have no answer for you on this.

And just an FYI, we have rolled out whole home DVR with a brand new Trio guide (totally different from what you currently use...VERY highly customizable) here in Kansas in the past couple months. I believe it is coming to AZ soon. You would just want to inquire with customer care or a local store about a release date.

I don't know if you use it a lot, but dish will never be able to have as extensive an on demand library as cable providers. I can't recall why at the current moment, but it has something to do with what dish can store and transmit over the air compared to what cable can do with a direct coax line. I never thought on-demand was that big of a deal, but it has won us a LOT of customers from dish in the past few years, especially since we've added primetime on demand (ABC, NBC, FOX, etc.)

Also, pertaining to DSL speeds, they get slower the farther you live from a head end/node. It does not matter where you live on cable. DSL also does not have and will never have power boost.

Hope this helps.

Frankie
05-22-2011, 07:04 PM
I work for Cox.

When I was down and out I worked for food for a while. ;)

rockymtnchief
05-22-2011, 09:28 PM
Most ISP's only guarantee speeds within their network. That's probably why you get higher speeds on their speed test. Once it's past their network it's anyones guess what bandwidth is available.

JD10367
05-22-2011, 09:30 PM
My Cox is expensive and operating it is cumbersome, but performance-wise it can't be beat.

Frankie
05-22-2011, 09:33 PM
My Cox is expensive and operating it is cumbersome, but performance-wise it can't be beat.

So how many times have you tried to beat it?

EyePod
05-22-2011, 09:39 PM
WOW. that's a TON of fucking money. You're paying 2500 bucks a YEAR for TV. Plus wasting away in front of it. Do what I did. Buy an HD antenna. Get Netflix. Boom. You're down to a 30 dollar internet bill and a 10 dollar (if you get the 1 DVD). Total of 40 bucks a month.

And what are you using that internet for. Is it really important to have such high speeds? I'm barely fucking at home and I've stopped with the internet gaming. netflix stream quality is great and I can stream the Chiefs games during the season.

Save the money!

kcfan82
05-22-2011, 10:15 PM
I've had my Ooma unit for a year, and it's been money...

I recommend it to anyone still wanting a land line.

pr_capone
05-22-2011, 10:22 PM
My monthly Cox bill is $13.72 per month for a 12mbps internet connection and 2 DVRs, HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, & Starz.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l7ktpkVKwV1qcsadk.jpg

kepp
05-23-2011, 08:59 AM
Most ISP's only guarantee speeds within their network. That's probably why you get higher speeds on their speed test. Once it's past their network it's anyones guess what bandwidth is available.

In all likelihood though, would it account for that big of a discrepancy? 1.25Mbps vs. 4.25Mbps

Mr. Plow
05-23-2011, 11:24 AM
I work for Cox Business, but I used to work is residential (not in AZ). I'll try to answer a few of your questions.

Complaints with the DVR:

* No iphone app, web scheduling --there is an Ap. I LOVE it. However it's not currently offered in AZ, but is coming soon. The daylight savings time issue is holding it back I believe.
* The jump backward 3 sec's button is very noticeably slow (relative to the in-laws Dish Network button)--it shouldn't be slow. If your DVR unit is an older one, take it to a local Cox store, they will upgrade it to a newer model at no cost if you ask nicely (if they have them in stock). Most people are unaware of this.
* No corresponding jump forward button at all.--You're correct on this but there are 3 forward and reverse speeds.
* No custom channel list feature (Dish can make a list for each person or category)--I'm not sure about making a list for each person, but if you press Menu once, you can bring up the sports zone, kids zone, weather, news zone, etc. I know this probably isn't what you were looking for, but it's close.
* In channel guide, they force you to look at all the channels even if you don't subscribe... and I'm always clicking to watch a show that I don't have). No way to turn this off.----this is incorrect. (Granted, I'm assuming you have the same software we have in Kansas). Press Menu twice, go to my preferences, then to skipped channels. You can add the ones to which you don't subscribe to this list.
* Doesn't handle daylight savings well here in AZ (where we don't follow it). So it breaks my auto record for all my auto record shows.--this is weird. I do not live there, so I have no answer for you on this.

And just an FYI, we have rolled out whole home DVR with a brand new Trio guide (totally different from what you currently use...VERY highly customizable) here in Kansas in the past couple months. I believe it is coming to AZ soon. You would just want to inquire with customer care or a local store about a release date.

I don't know if you use it a lot, but dish will never be able to have as extensive an on demand library as cable providers. I can't recall why at the current moment, but it has something to do with what dish can store and transmit over the air compared to what cable can do with a direct coax line. I never thought on-demand was that big of a deal, but it has won us a LOT of customers from dish in the past few years, especially since we've added primetime on demand (ABC, NBC, FOX, etc.)

Also, pertaining to DSL speeds, they get slower the farther you live from a head end/node. It does not matter where you live on cable. DSL also does not have and will never have power boost.

Hope this helps.

My parents got the whole home DVR and I was about to. They didn't like it - can't remember why - but whatever it was, made me decide to stick with what I have with Cox.

Love the OnDemand stuff. Especially with the movie channels. If the kids want to watch a movie there is always a ton to choose from. If I missed an episode of one of my shows, it's there. Although I wish CBS would wake the fuck up and join the OnDemand world.

I've never had issues with Cox. I can count on 1 finger the number of times I have had internet issues with Cox in 14 years.

What is the app and does it work on Android?

pr_capone
05-23-2011, 11:31 AM
What is the app and does it work on Android?

Do a market search for Cox. It is called Cox Connection.. yes it works with Droid.

OnTheWarpath58
05-23-2011, 11:33 AM
I'm about to give ATT DSL (actually SBC Global through ATT) the damned boot. I'm trying to move to cutting our TV Cable/Satellite, so I want a high speed connection for streaming netflix. On speedtest, I'm floating at about 0.8 mbs. I go to ATT's "speedtest" and they have me at 1.7mbs. I think their's is full of shit (not that 1.7 is exactly blazing anyway).

So anyway... suggestions for high speed internet? Maybe I just need to upgrade my ATT, or should I, too, move to Cox?;)
I think I'm going to call them first and complain about my speed and threaten to move to Cox, then I'll see if they'll give me an upgrade at a cheap price or something to retain me.

And, yes, my question is actually serious... not just a cox joke.

Resurrecting this thread because of a DSL speed question. I recently started checking my DSL speed using speedtest.net and, in spite of paying for 3Mbps DL speed, I was consistently getting around 1. So I talked to AT&T/SBC about it and I upgraded to their "Elite" package (up to 6Mbps) for $5 more. Now speedtest tells my I'm getting 1.25 :# However, when I go to AT&T's speed test site, it tells me I'm getting 4.25. I ran the two tests within one minute of each other. I have a feeling that ATT's test is bogus.

So my question is two-fold:

1. Is ATT/SBC the only DSL choice in the KC area? Does anyone have any other DSL service and, if so, what are the speeds like?
2. How fast and consistent is cable internet?

I think I can get either Comcast or Time Warner. But I don't want to switch if its going to be the same deal where they tell me I'm going to get a certain speed but I don't even approach it in reality.

UPDATE: After checking, I can only get Time Warner. Anyone have experience with them?

I heard a rumor that within the next few months, ATT is doing away with DSL and forcing their customers to go Uverse.

Mr. Plow
05-23-2011, 11:34 AM
Do a market search for Cox. It is called Cox Connection.. yes it works with Droid.

Found it....called Cox Mobile Connect on my end.

Bump
05-23-2011, 12:08 PM
My monthly Cox bill is $13.72 per month for a 12mbps internet connection and 2 DVRs, HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, & Starz.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l7ktpkVKwV1qcsadk.jpg

so you work for cox, good for you

pr_capone
05-23-2011, 12:16 PM
so you work for cox, good for you

:thumb:

Bump
05-23-2011, 12:17 PM

that is a pretty nice benefit though

JD10367
05-23-2011, 12:18 PM
If they gave away lollipops at the consumer outlet stores, would they be called Coxsuckers?

Mr. Plow
05-23-2011, 12:22 PM

If you don't mind me asking, are you in the business office or in the field? We are contemplating moving all our business lines from AT&T to Cox.

Calcountry
05-23-2011, 12:30 PM
jAZ is more than a little disappointed in the price and performance of the Cox he's been paying for every month for 10 years.LMAO

Cave Johnson
05-23-2011, 12:52 PM
I heard a rumor that within the next few months, ATT is doing away with DSL and forcing their customers to go Uverse.

a) not terribly surprising.

b) that may invoke consumer protection scrutiny.

c) see ya, AT&T.

kepp
05-24-2011, 10:43 AM
a) not terribly surprising.

b) that may invoke consumer protection scrutiny.

c) see ya, AT&T.

Interesting. Especially since I just setup an install date for Time Warner cable internet yesterday...dumping AT&T/SBC DSL. With ATT I'm paying $45/month and getting 1/3 of the promised speed (6Mbps). I'm going to be paying $35/month (plus tax, so probably $40) for 15Mbps with TW.

And, in keeping with the spirit of the thread, Cox is not available in my area.

pr_capone
05-24-2011, 12:07 PM
If you don't mind me asking, are you in the business office or in the field? We are contemplating moving all our business lines from AT&T to Cox.

I'm in Residential Tech support. I can have someone here get in contact with you if you like.

pr_capone
05-24-2011, 12:08 PM
that is a pretty nice benefit though

Saves me $150 per month. I couldnt be more thrilled with it. :D

Carlota69
05-24-2011, 12:41 PM
Cox Sucks!!!! Excuse the pun, but they are the worst.

I have Directv. I pay less thana hundread a month, unless Im paying for the NFL ticket. I have 1 HD reciever, 2 DVRs and all the movie channels. ALL OF THEM and in HD too.

Direct tv anyday, and if you want I'll give you my acct number so when you order it, we both get $10 a month off for 10 months o:-)