PDA

View Full Version : Weather Annual spring flooding in Fargo, ND

SNR
04-10-2011, 11:42 PM
I've never seen it like this before. This is just north on the interstate, where the Sheyenne River has flooded over. This shit happens every year. One of these days they're going to have to divert this stuff away from the goddamn interstate.

A friend of mine took this footage. Gives you a great idea how depressingly flat the country is.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nFlF8iZmSwE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shaid
04-10-2011, 11:49 PM
I hadn't even heard of it, I really need to watch the news. I live in Bismarck. Surprised they were still letting you drive over it.

Baconeater
04-10-2011, 11:53 PM
I've never seen it like this before.
This shit happens every year.
:spock: Well, which one is it?

Anyway, no fucking way would I drive on that.

SNR
04-10-2011, 11:57 PM
:spock: Well, which one is it?

Anyway, no fucking way would I drive on that.

Fargo/Moorhead have been sandbagging the town every spring since 2008.

I say "I've never seen it like this before" because usually they close the interstate before cars can drive in water like that.

GordonGekko
04-11-2011, 02:02 AM
Could really use that rain here in south texas

Bwana
04-11-2011, 06:23 AM
WOW!

My wife is driving back from Chicago today and tomorrow, perhaps I'll send her through SOUTH Dakota. I knew you guys would get hit hard this year, from everything I have heard about your high snow levels. Is this crap over I-94 as well?

Bwana
04-11-2011, 06:24 AM
On a side note, it looks like they locked it down.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/199728/

SNR
04-11-2011, 08:58 AM
Could really use that rain here in south texasIt's not rain. This is all from melted snow

SNR
04-11-2011, 08:59 AM
WOW!

My wife is driving back from Chicago today and tomorrow, perhaps I'll send her through SOUTH Dakota. I knew you guys would get hit hard this year, from everything I have heard about your high snow levels. Is this crap over I-94 as well?Yep. Passing through Fargo would be no problem, but as you get going west on I-94 things will start to get really wet across the interstate just before you reach Valley City. Though it's not as bad as you see here. You might even be able to see the road.

38yrsfan
04-11-2011, 10:42 AM
I went through last weekend on the train from Chiacgo and there is still a LOT of snow.

The snow was coming down so bad at one time that they stopped the train for an hour and then we just moved along slowly until clearing the blizzard.

Bwana
04-11-2011, 10:48 AM
Yep. Passing through Fargo would be no problem, but as you get going west on I-94 things will start to get really wet across the interstate just before you reach Valley City. Though it's not as bad as you see here. You might even be able to see the road.

Yeah, I just told her to take 90 and stay off 94. It's not worth taking a chance.

chiefsnorth
04-11-2011, 11:28 AM
This is about all the excitement they ever get in Fargo

Okie_Apparition
04-11-2011, 11:36 AM
Polar bears are throwing cans of coke at their at tv screens & cursing SUVs.