PDA

View Full Version : Obama Dr. Chiyome Fukino comes clean on the BC

orange
04-11-2011, 01:47 PM
As those who have followed the Birther derangement well know, Hawaiian officials have claimed on past occassions that they have inspected Obama's documents and found nothing amiss. Those statements have been maddeningly couched, imprecise and parsed, leaving Birthers an out, "she didn't really say ...."

No more.

Dr. Fukino lays it out clear and direct:

Contacted by NBC, Fukino expanded on previous public statements and made two key points when asked about Trump's recent comments.

The first is that the original so-called "long form" birth certificate — described by Hawaiian officials as a "record of live birth" — absolutely exists, located in a bound volume in a file cabinet on the first floor of the state Department of Health. Fukimo said she has personally inspected it — twice. The first time was in late October 2008, during the closing days of the presidential campaign, when the communications director for the state's then Republican governor, Linda Lingle (who appointed Fukino) asked if she could make a public statement in response to claims then circulating on the Internet that Obama was actually born in Kenya.

Her second point — one she made repeatedly in the interview — is that the shorter, computer generated "certification of live birth" that was obtained by the Obama campaign in 2007 and has since been publicly released is the standard document that anybody requesting their birth certificate from the state of Hawaii would receive from the health department.

The document was distributed to the Obama campaign in 2007 after Obama, at the request of a campaign official, personally signed a Hawaii birth certificate request form downloaded on the Internet, according to a former campaign official who asked for anonymity. (Obama was "testy" when asked to sign the form but did so anyway to put the issue to rest, the former campaign official said. The White House has dismissed all questions about the president's birth as "fictional nonsense.")

The certification that the campaign received back —which shows that Obama was born in Honolulu at 7:24 p.m. on Aug. 4, 1961 — was based on the content of the original document in state files, Fukino said.

"What he got, everybody got," said Fukino. "He put out exactly what everybody gets when they ask for a birth certificate."

The full article follows. But from this time on, the argument that Obama wasn't born in Hawaii must begin with "Dr. Chiyome Fukino is lying."

orange
04-11-2011, 01:47 PM
Comments follow statements by Donald Trump questioning legitimacy of president's birth record

By Michael Isikoff
National investigative correspondent

NBC News NBC News
updated 2 hours 4 minutes ago 2011-04-11 T14:59:35

The Hawaiian state health official who personally reviewed Barack Obama's original birth certificate has affirmed again that the document is "real" and denounced "conspiracy theorists" in the so-called "birther" movement for continuing to spread bogus claims about the issue.

"It’s kind of ludicrous at this point," Dr. Chiyome Fukino, the former director of Hawaii's Department of Health, said in a rare telephone interview with NBC.

Fukino, sounding both exasperated and amused, spoke to a reporter in the aftermath of Donald Trump's statements on the NBC Today show last week questioning whether Obama has a legitimate birth certificate.

Trump, who says he is considering a run for president, repeated his claims on CNN's "State of the Union" Sunday, saying that "nobody has any information" about the president's birth and that "if he wasn't born in this country, he shouldn't be president of the United States."

No matter what state officials release on the issue, the "birthers" are going to question it, said Fukino. "They’re going to question the ink on which it was written or say it was fabricated," said Fukino. "The whole thing is silly."

As the top Hawaiian official in charge of state health records in 2008, when the issue of Obama's birth first arose, Fukino said she thought she had put the matter to rest. Contacted by NBC, Fukino expanded on previous public statements and made two key points when asked about Trump's recent comments.

The first is that the original so-called "long form" birth certificate — described by Hawaiian officials as a "record of live birth" — absolutely exists, located in a bound volume in a file cabinet on the first floor of the state Department of Health. Fukimo said she has personally inspected it — twice. The first time was in late October 2008, during the closing days of the presidential campaign, when the communications director for the state's then Republican governor, Linda Lingle (who appointed Fukino) asked if she could make a public statement in response to claims then circulating on the Internet that Obama was actually born in Kenya.

Before she would do so, Fukino said, she wanted to inspect the files — and did so, taking with her the state official in charge of vital records. She found the original birth record, properly numbered, half typed and half handwritten, and signed by the doctor who delivered Obama, located in the files. She then put out a public statement asserting to the document's validity. She later put out another public statement in July 2009 — after reviewing the original birth record a second time.

"It is real, and no amount of saying it is not, is going to change that," Fukino said. Moreover, she added, her boss at the time, Lingle — who was backing John McCain for president — would presumably have to be in on any cover up since Fukino made her public comment at the governor's office's request. "Why would a Republican governor — who was stumping for the other guy — hold out on a big secret?" she asked.

Her second point — one she made repeatedly in the interview — is that the shorter, computer generated "certification of live birth" that was obtained by the Obama campaign in 2007 and has since been publicly released is the standard document that anybody requesting their birth certificate from the state of Hawaii would receive from the health department.

The document was distributed to the Obama campaign in 2007 after Obama, at the request of a campaign official, personally signed a Hawaii birth certificate request form downloaded on the Internet, according to a former campaign official who asked for anonymity. (Obama was "testy" when asked to sign the form but did so anyway to put the issue to rest, the former campaign official said. The White House has dismissed all questions about the president's birth as "fictional nonsense.")

The certification that the campaign received back —which shows that Obama was born in Honolulu at 7:24 p.m. on Aug. 4, 1961 — was based on the content of the original document in state files, Fukino said.

"What he got, everybody got," said Fukino. "He put out exactly what everybody gets when they ask for a birth certificate."

Hawaiian officials say that the certification is, in fact, only one piece of abundant evidence of Obama's birth in Hawaii. Joshua Wisch, a spokesman for the Hawaii attorney general's office, noted that a public index of vital records, available for inspection in a bound volume at the Health Department's Office of Health Status Monitoring, lists a male child named "Obama II, Barack Hussein" as having been born in the state.

In addition, as Factcheck.org and other media organizations have repeatedly pointed out, both of Honolulu's newspapers, the Honolulu Advertiser on Aug. 13, 1961, and the Honolulu Star Bulletin, on Aug. 14, 1961, both ran birth announcements listing Obama's birth on Aug. 4 of that year.

Even Fukino accepts that her comments are not likely to end the matter for the die-hard birthers. Trump and other skeptics have questioned why the original birth certificate has not been released.

But Wisch, the spokesman for the attorney general's office, said state law does not in fact permit the release of "vital records," including an original "record of live birth" — even to the individual whose birth it records.

"It's a Department of Health record and it can't be released to anybody," he said. Nor do state laws have any provision that authorizes such records to be photocopied, Wisch said. If Obama wanted to personally visit the state health department, he would be permitted to inspect his birth record, Wisch said.

But if he or anybody else wanted a copy of their birth records, they would be told to fill out the appropriate state form and receive back the same computer generated "certification of live birth" form that everybody else gets — which is exactly what Obama did four years ago.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42519951/ns/politics-more_politics/?gt1=43001

Pitt Gorilla
04-11-2011, 01:49 PM
Yeah, but...

go bowe
04-11-2011, 01:58 PM
this won't help...

birthers will take their unshakable beliefs to their graves...

no amount of evidence will satisfy them, ever...

of course, there is that entertainment value reading their nonsense...

Amnorix
04-11-2011, 02:09 PM
Pretty much any time anyone brings up this Birther nonsense, we should just copy/paste in a link to this thread.

NewChief
04-11-2011, 02:20 PM
They're just capitulating because they want to maintain the status quo and are scared of the repercussions for both parties of us having an illegitimate president on the throne. /birther

petegz28
04-11-2011, 02:21 PM
Why not just release it an be done with it? Except for political reasons wouldn't that just shut everyone up?

fan4ever
04-11-2011, 02:24 PM
We all know doctors would never lie especially over something so insignificant.

I've got a son with Cerebral Palsy who would say otherwise...if he could.

orange
04-11-2011, 02:26 PM
Why not just release it an be done with it?

You could just actually read it. The bottom three paragraphs address this in detail.

Except for political reasons wouldn't that just shut everyone up?

No, it wouldn't. Birthers continue to claim his CLB posted online for three years is a forgery, and even his family pictures.

I used the word "derangement" above; I was wrong, "derangement" is too mild.

SNR
04-11-2011, 02:28 PM
We all know doctors would never lie especially over something so insignificant.

I've got a son with Cerebral Palsy who would say otherwise...if he could.What does your son's cerebral palsy have to do with Obama's birth certificate?

fan4ever
04-11-2011, 02:55 PM
What does your son's cerebral palsy have to do with Obama's birth certificate?

I was responding to the last line of Orange's original post...

Bewbies
04-11-2011, 02:59 PM
They're just capitulating because they want to maintain the status quo and are scared of the repercussions for both parties of us having an illegitimate president on the throne. /birther

Birthers should spend their time not trying to get Obama unelected, but making sure he isn't re-elected. :thumb:

Royal Fanatic
04-11-2011, 03:01 PM
Come on, Orange. You don't think it's POSSIBLE that Obama planned this conspiracy before he was born?

Next you'll try and tell us that there isn't really a pill that turns water into gasoline.

orange
04-11-2011, 03:01 PM
I was responding to the last line of Orange's original post...

I got that. But KCbroncoHATER (nee SNR?) obviously got lost trying to follow the trail from whatever your doctor said about cerebral palsy to "all doctors are liars."

fan4ever
04-11-2011, 03:08 PM
I got that. But KCbroncoHATER (nee SNR?) obviously got lost trying to follow the trail from whatever your doctor said about cerebral palsy to "all doctors are liars."

That's what they got out of my comment? Really? All doctors are liars?

Let me clarify; like EVERYONE else, doctors are not above lying...for any myriad of reasons...whether it's political, or in my son's case, to save their ass from litigation.

Jaric
04-11-2011, 03:14 PM
I have to be honest. I don't give a shit where he was born anymore. I'm just tired of hearing about his fucking birth certificate.

Let. It. Go.

orange
04-11-2011, 03:20 PM
I have to be honest. I don't give a shit where he was born anymore. I'm just tired of hearing about his ****ing birth certificate.

Let. It. Go.

Especially when there are much more pressing issues:

http://cloudfront.mediamatters.org/static/images/item/scarobama.jpg

SNR
04-11-2011, 03:36 PM
I got that. But KCbroncoHATER (nee SNR?) obviously got lost trying to follow the trail from whatever your doctor said about cerebral palsy to "all doctors are liars."Yeah. My username got Phobia'd

Amnorix
04-11-2011, 03:55 PM
Why not just release it an be done with it? Except for political reasons wouldn't that just shut everyone up?

Because Hawaii doesn't "release" it. They won't give you a copy. You can go personally inspect the "long form", if you wish, but they don't give out copies.

Read the damn article.

cdcox
04-11-2011, 04:04 PM

Because the wack-job birther movement is a HUGE turnoff to independent voters.

orange
04-11-2011, 04:06 PM
Especially when there are much more pressing issues:

You research the President's brain surgery and you end up with Christina Hendricks in a nightie:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/04/11/article-1375637-0B90D58400000578-145_634x533.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/04/11/article-1375637-0B90D38500000578-330_634x520.jpg

Gotta love Internet!

Fish
04-11-2011, 04:49 PM
You research the President's brain surgery and you end up with Christina Hendricks in a nightie:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/04/11/article-1375637-0B90D58400000578-145_634x533.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/04/11/article-1375637-0B90D38500000578-330_634x520.jpg

Gotta love Internet!

Is she in bed with Neil Patrick Harris? What's going on here? Are you saying they're both in on the conspiracy?

My goodness.........

VAChief
04-11-2011, 05:25 PM

Gotta love Internet!

MOTORBOAT!!!

MagicHef
04-11-2011, 06:10 PM
Because Hawaii doesn't "release" it. They won't give you a copy. You can go personally inspect the "long form", if you wish, but they don't give out copies.

Read the damn article.

No, you can't. Hawaii has apparently declared an exemption for Obama's birth certificate, so you can't go see it in person. I have no idea why these seemingly random doctors and such were able to view it.

http://hawaii.gov/health/vital-records/obama.html

orange
04-11-2011, 06:49 PM
I have no idea why these seemingly random doctors and such were able to view it.

She's far from a "random doctor," you know. She was Director of the Hawaii Dept. of Health. Maintaining those records was her job.

And the link you posted is recent stuff they consolidated in one place to deal with all the requests for Obama's records.

wazu
04-11-2011, 06:57 PM
She's far from a "random doctor," you know. She was Director of the Hawaii Dept. of Health. Maintaining those records was her job.

And the link you posted is recent stuff they consolidated in one place to deal with all the requests for Obama's records.

Yes, but she is clearly a random "former Director of the Hawaii Dept of Health whose job it was to maintain these records".

MagicHef
04-11-2011, 07:16 PM

Ah, I didn't know that. I know what the link is, I posted it because it shows that you are not able to see the long form BC even if you go in person, in contrast to what Amnorix wrote.

WV
04-11-2011, 07:27 PM

Gotta love Internet!

Suddenly this thread is interesting!

ClevelandBronco
04-12-2011, 12:11 AM

Why are people posting and quoting photos of an openly gay man in bed with a she-water buffalo?

orange
04-12-2011, 01:34 AM
Why are people posting and quoting photos of an openly gay man in bed with a she-water buffalo?

I searched for "Obama brain operation" and the first story said it was on the Daily Mail but the blogger was distracted by the pictures of Christina in a play. Alas, though Daily Mail is a British tabloid, the pictures were not on page 3.

Amnorix
04-12-2011, 06:23 AM
Ah, I didn't know that. I know what the link is, I posted it because it shows that you are not able to see the long form BC even if you go in person, in contrast to what Amnorix wrote.

Sorry, the article said Obama could go view it, if he wished. I did misspeak -- I did not mean anybody and everybody could go view it, though that's pretty clearly what I said. :banghead:

I assume (without knowing) that anyone can go see THEIR OWN long form, but that you can't just go look at any one that you want that is in their records.

Dave Lane
04-12-2011, 07:21 AM
Yeah. My username got Phobia'd

That still pisses me off. The idiocy that has infested the mods lately I personally don't find humorous. About half the people posting you have to check their name to see who they really are.

Now that I think of it I don't think Phil has a US Birth Certificate! He was born in Kenya! Thats the ticket :thumb:

Dave Lane
04-12-2011, 07:23 AM

Because the she buffalo has tittahs out to here ( * ) ( * )

Jaric
04-12-2011, 07:25 AM
Because the she buffalo has tittahs out to here ( * ) ( * )

This. I didn't even notice Doogie Howser was in the picture until someone mentioned him.

Chiefshrink
04-12-2011, 07:59 AM
As those who have followed the Birther derangement well know, Hawaiian officials have claimed on past occassions that they have inspected Obama's documents and found nothing amiss. Those statements have been maddeningly couched, imprecise and parsed, leaving Birthers an out, "she didn't really say ...."

No more.

Dr. Fukino lays it out clear and direct:

Contacted by NBC, Fukino expanded on previous public statements and made two key points when asked about Trump's recent comments.

The full article follows. But from this time on, the argument that Obama wasn't born in Hawaii must begin with "Dr. Chiyome Fukino is lying."

Show the long form or BUST (pardon the pun i.e. to the pictures in this thread:D)

I'm a proofer not a birther:thumb: Let's see it!! A COLB would not qualify and be accepted to get your kid on a little league team!!

Orange continue do your due diligence as the CP's "Useful Idiot" and I will continue to be the so-called Tin Foil guy that continues to follow "actual facts" and then we will see who will be wearing the tin foil thong in the end:thumb:

BigRichard
04-12-2011, 09:50 AM
Show the long form or BUST (pardon the pun i.e. to the pictures in this thread:D)

I'm a proofer not a birther:thumb: Let's see it!! A COLB would not qualify and be accepted to get your kid on a little league team!!

Orange continue do your due diligence as the CP's "Useful Idiot" and I will continue to be the so-called Tin Foil guy that continues to follow "actual facts" and then we will see who will be wearing the tin foil thong in the end:thumb:

JFC!!! Did you even read the god damn article? Here let me help you. Just read the ****ing bold part.

Comments follow statements by Donald Trump questioning legitimacy of president's birth record

By Michael Isikoff
National investigative correspondent

NBC News NBC News
updated 2 hours 4 minutes ago 2011-04-11 T14:59:35

The Hawaiian state health official who personally reviewed Barack Obama's original birth certificate has affirmed again that the document is "real" and denounced "conspiracy theorists" in the so-called "birther" movement for continuing to spread bogus claims about the issue.

"It’s kind of ludicrous at this point," Dr. Chiyome Fukino, the former director of Hawaii's Department of Health, said in a rare telephone interview with NBC.

Fukino, sounding both exasperated and amused, spoke to a reporter in the aftermath of Donald Trump's statements on the NBC Today show last week questioning whether Obama has a legitimate birth certificate.

Trump, who says he is considering a run for president, repeated his claims on CNN's "State of the Union" Sunday, saying that "nobody has any information" about the president's birth and that "if he wasn't born in this country, he shouldn't be president of the United States."

No matter what state officials release on the issue, the "birthers" are going to question it, said Fukino. "They’re going to question the ink on which it was written or say it was fabricated," said Fukino. "The whole thing is silly."

As the top Hawaiian official in charge of state health records in 2008, when the issue of Obama's birth first arose, Fukino said she thought she had put the matter to rest. Contacted by NBC, Fukino expanded on previous public statements and made two key points when asked about Trump's recent comments.

Before she would do so, Fukino said, she wanted to inspect the files — and did so, taking with her the state official in charge of vital records. She found the original birth record, properly numbered, half typed and half handwritten, and signed by the doctor who delivered Obama, located in the files. She then put out a public statement asserting to the document's validity. She later put out another public statement in July 2009 — after reviewing the original birth record a second time.

"It is real, and no amount of saying it is not, is going to change that," Fukino said. Moreover, she added, her boss at the time, Lingle — who was backing John McCain for president — would presumably have to be in on any cover up since Fukino made her public comment at the governor's office's request. "Why would a Republican governor — who was stumping for the other guy — hold out on a big secret?" she asked.

Hawaiian officials say that the certification is, in fact, only one piece of abundant evidence of Obama's birth in Hawaii. Joshua Wisch, a spokesman for the Hawaii attorney general's office, noted that a public index of vital records, available for inspection in a bound volume at the Health Department's Office of Health Status Monitoring, lists a male child named "Obama II, Barack Hussein" as having been born in the state.

In addition, as Factcheck.org and other media organizations have repeatedly pointed out, both of Honolulu's newspapers, the Honolulu Advertiser on Aug. 13, 1961, and the Honolulu Star Bulletin, on Aug. 14, 1961, both ran birth announcements listing Obama's birth on Aug. 4 of that year.

Even Fukino accepts that her comments are not likely to end the matter for the die-hard birthers. Trump and other skeptics have questioned why the original birth certificate has not been released.

But Wisch, the spokesman for the attorney general's office, said state law does not in fact permit the release of "vital records," including an original "record of live birth" — even to the individual whose birth it records.

"It's a Department of Health record and it can't be released to anybody," he said. Nor do state laws have any provision that authorizes such records to be photocopied, Wisch said. If Obama wanted to personally visit the state health department, he would be permitted to inspect his birth record, Wisch said.

But if he or anybody else wanted a copy of their birth records, they would be told to fill out the appropriate state form and receive back the same computer generated "certification of live birth" form that everybody else gets — which is exactly what Obama did four years ago. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42519951/ns/politics-more_politics/?gt1=43001

I am not a huge fan of Obama but all these consipiracy guys need their ****ing head examined.

Amnorix
04-12-2011, 11:35 AM
Nice try, really, but let me help a bit more.

"[The Long Form is] a Department of Health record and it can't be released to anybody,"

Donger
04-12-2011, 11:42 AM
So, the long form exists and Obama could go and see it if he so wished?

Pitt Gorilla
04-12-2011, 11:43 AM
Why are people posting and quoting photos of an openly gay man in bed with a she-water buffalo?You don't like Christina Hendricks? Seriously? NTTIAWWT.

VAChief
04-12-2011, 12:19 PM
So, the long form exists and Obama could go and see it if he so wished?

It would appear so, are you suggesting that would satisfy the Jerome Corsi disciples?

Donger
04-12-2011, 12:22 PM
It would appear so, are you suggesting that would satisfy the Jerome Corsi disciples?

Is that some birther? If so, I suppose that it depends on whether or not Obama could make a copy of it and release it. The article states that he could not.

Radar Chief
04-12-2011, 12:44 PM

Don’t try to act like you wouldn’t.

ClevelandBronco
04-12-2011, 01:58 PM
You don't like Christina Hendricks? Seriously? NTTIAWWT.

Never heard of her.

banyon
04-12-2011, 02:18 PM
Never heard of her.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vCW9k7ogOI4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ClevelandBronco
04-12-2011, 02:25 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vCW9k7ogOI4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I still have no idea who she is, but she looked better back then. I wouldn't have guessed that she'd go full bovine.

VAChief
04-12-2011, 04:40 PM
Is that some birther? If so, I suppose that it depends on whether or not Obama could make a copy of it and release it. The article states that he could not.

It wouldn't matter to these loons if he could make a copy or not. You aren't suggesting they would suddenly be fine with a photocopy he made are you? The official copy (that everyone in Hawaii gets when they send off for a copy) was not enough.

Pitt Gorilla
04-12-2011, 08:30 PM
Never heard of her.Watch 5 seconds of Mad Men. She's awesome if you're into chicks.

orange
06-19-2011, 04:03 PM
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/293633/thumbs/s-CHRISTINA-HENDRICKS-large.jpg

All in favor, say "eye."

CoMoChief
06-19-2011, 09:48 PM
LMAO at the turds that think the long form BC is real.