PDA

View Full Version : Obama Obama regrets his vote as a senator: Debt Ceiling

HonestChieffan
04-11-2011, 04:02 PM
http://weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/obama_facepalm-1.jpg

WASHINGTON (AP) – The White House says President Barack Obama regrets his vote as a senator in 2006 against raising the debt limit.

A fight over raising the debt limit is looming, and the White House is trying to explain away the apparent contradiction between Obama’s previous opposition, and his position now that it must be increased.

Press Secretary Jay Carney said Monday that Obama believes his vote was a mistake. He said Obama now realizes that the debt ceiling is too important to be trifled with.

Republicans are threatening to withhold their votes to raise the ceiling unless Obama agrees to major spending reductions.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110411/ap_on_re_us/us_obama_debt_limit

Bewbies
04-11-2011, 04:03 PM
Bullshit.

Chief Faithful
04-11-2011, 04:05 PM
Sure he regrets it now that he is George Bush.

mlyonsd
04-11-2011, 04:31 PM
No doubt he regrets it now. Back in 2006 he never could have dreamt he'd have access to the family credit card when mom and dad (totally democratic congress) were in charge of the finances.

KILLER_CLOWN
04-11-2011, 04:58 PM
Sure he regrets it now that he is George Bush.

ROFL funny, sad and true.

vailpass
04-11-2011, 05:25 PM
The fact that the current Potus is the biggest fail ever to sit in the oval office is anything but funny. Christ almighty. *sigh*

Otter
04-11-2011, 05:32 PM
Where do these assholes think this money is coming from?

Bum **** Barry: the president that claims it's against the American way to ask people to produce ID to prove their in US legally but will forcefully send Americans to jail for not paying into his forced down our throat health care insurance.

He's a fraud and a disgrace.

WV
04-11-2011, 05:34 PM
As millions also regret their vote for Barry.

donkhater
04-11-2011, 07:02 PM
Serious question---
Why is there a debt ceiling at all if it is never going to be adhered to? They should be voting to raise it to $100 trillion for all the use it does.

KILLER_CLOWN
04-11-2011, 07:04 PM
The fact that the current Potus is the biggest fail ever to sit in the oval office is anything but funny. Christ almighty. *sigh*

Well ya but they get progressively worse so i can't wait til our next prez steps in. i thought it funny the way CF summed it up so precisely.

wazu
04-11-2011, 07:08 PM
Serious question---
Why is there a debt ceiling at all if it is never going to be adhered to? They should be voting to raise it to $100 trillion for all the use it does.

I kind of like that it at least exists. Requires our worthless members of congress to go on-record with their support for deficit spending.

chiefsnorth
04-12-2011, 09:04 AM
What a tool. The guy is a caricature of himself.

RNR
04-12-2011, 09:39 AM
As millions also regret their vote for Barry.

He was nothing more than an American Idol package to begin with. Those millions got what they deserve and the rest of us are merely collateral damage~

Taco John
04-12-2011, 09:45 AM
Obama is like an enigma. He's the most skilled campaigner, maybe in history, but one of the worst politicians, maybe in history.

Baby Lee
04-12-2011, 09:49 AM
I kind of like that it at least exists. Requires our worthless members of congress to go on-record with their support for deficit spending.

An opponents get an occasion to extract curtailed spending concessions in return.

HonestChieffan
04-12-2011, 09:50 AM
Obama is like an enigma. He's the most skilled campaigner, maybe in history, but one of the worst politicians, maybe in history.

Id bet we have 4 more years of him to figure it out.

fan4ever
04-12-2011, 09:57 AM
Id bet we have 4 more years of him to figure it out.

Can you imagine the carnage? This guy with 4 more years and not having to worry about his track record for re-election? Scares the hell out of me.

I don't see how this guy can be even MORE popular when he was voted in the first time and I can't imagine a Republican candidate being WORSE than McCain...but who knows?

chiefsnorth
04-12-2011, 10:12 AM

I don't think he's that skilled of a campaigner. We know he stutters and stammers when you get him off the practiced lines and the prompter.

I think it was a perfect storm. You have someone who has been aiming at the white house their whole career and was perfect in that no one knew much about him - there was little to run against. He called himself a blank page on which people case whatever they want (or some similar quote). He sat carefully in the Senate doing the same thing, not doing anything of note and remaining a blank slate.

He won because he was a young good looking guy facing a terrible opponent and he rode the wave of people wanting to be part of "history".

This time, he has a record to run against and a terrible one. He won't be able to just hypnotize the hopeful parts of the American spirit with empty platitudes. He'll have to answer questions about his performance which is to his great disadvantage.

HonestChieffan
04-12-2011, 02:26 PM
Steny Hoyer: Remember During Bush-Era When I Said Raising Debt Ceiling Was “Immoral?” Well Come to Think About It, I Was Wrong…

Another phony POS.

http://dailycaller.com/2011/04/12/hoyer-joins-obama-in-change-of-heart-over-debt-ceiling/

RNR
04-12-2011, 02:40 PM
Steny Hoyer: Remember During Bush-Era When I Said Raising Debt Ceiling Was “Immoral?” Well Come to Think About It, I Was Wrong…

Another phony POS.

http://dailycaller.com/2011/04/12/hoyer-joins-obama-in-change-of-heart-over-debt-ceiling/

Well if we are going to run our country like a circus you have to expect some clowns...up to and including our leadership~