PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Cornel West: Obama is ‘another black mascot’ of ‘Wall Street oligarchs’

KILLER_CLOWN
04-11-2011, 07:27 PM
# Posted on 04.11.11
# By Stephen C. Webster
# Categories: Culture

Princeton professor and famed black intellectual Cornel West has long been a supporter of President Barack Obama, but he’s recently changed his tune.

In an interview last week, he suggested that Obama has sold out and become “a puppet” of powerful interests, merely promising change and not delivering. West warned that this would trust the U.S. into a “democratic awakening” the likes of which the nation had not seen in decades.

Appearing on an MSNBC panel recently, West remained outspoken.

Amid a very heated discussion of whether President Obama is doing enough for black people in America, he called the president “another black mascot” of “Wall Street oligarchs.” This made civil rights activist Al Sharpton extremely unhappy and the discussion essentially disintegrated from there.

This video is from MSNBC, broadcast Sunday, April 10, 2011.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5_tlI0o0VBU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
7 plus minutes into it, i pulled the vid from youtube because the rawstory videoplayer quite frankly blows.

http://www.rawstory.com/rawreplay/2011/04/cornel-west-obama-is-another-black-mascot-of-wall-street-oligarchs/

durtyrute
04-11-2011, 09:41 PM
Pretty much, but aren't they all...puppets?

ClevelandBronco
04-11-2011, 10:29 PM
"I have a great idea! Let's air a panel discussion on issues affecting the African American community in the midst of the first black presidency and call it 'The Black Agenda.'"

"Oooo. That is a great idea. It can bring together dynamic and energizing opinions from all the most important African American minds. Who do you see hosting it?"

"Ed Schultz."

Direckshun
04-11-2011, 10:46 PM
"I have a great idea! Let's air a panel discussion on issues affecting the African American community in the midst of the first black presidency and call it 'The Black Agenda.'"

"Oooo. That is a great idea. It can bring together dynamic and energizing opinions from all the most important African American minds. Who do you see hosting it?"

"Ed Schultz."

I was told to spread reputation around first, so.... have some hypthetical rep.

KILLER_CLOWN
04-11-2011, 10:51 PM

Oh definitely, i've stated this from the beginning. Just seems odd that the dominoes of support are finally starting to fall, too bad most stood with the former puppet til the end and beyond.

T-post Tom
04-11-2011, 10:55 PM
Wait a minute. Didn't Glen Beck say that Obama is a racist that hates white people and white culture? Hmmmm....maybe the enlightened one really meant Obama when he spoke of "every man sitting on a bar stool." Hey Barry, get thee to a garden party and say hello to Yoko. Yes

Chief Faithful
04-12-2011, 06:34 AM
So, how does one go about getting the "Intellectual" label when one is basically nuts? That sounds like a gig I could enjoy.

HonestChieffan
04-12-2011, 06:50 AM
West is smart and will not walk away from an issue. Watching him makes me eyes bleed with his goofy grinning and that outfit he wears like its a uniform...I mean come on....BUT...hes bright.

JohnnyV13
04-13-2011, 10:29 AM

Yes, but you're a puppet of a failed fiction writer who is currently in an asylum.

It does make a difference who is pulling the strings.

Jaric
04-13-2011, 10:59 AM
So, how does one go about getting the "Intellectual" label when one is basically nuts? That sounds like a gig I could enjoy.

I assume it's the similar to the difference between being insane and eccentric.

durtyrute
04-13-2011, 02:20 PM
Oh definitely, i've stated this from the beginning. Just seems odd that the dominoes of support are finally starting to fall, too bad most stood with the former puppet til the end and beyond.

Thats a tricky one. Alot of the people I know refuse to blame this administration for anything. No matter what goes on somehow it all goes back to Bush. Of course he put somethings in place, but damn, some people are sucking off OB like no other

RedNeckRaider
04-13-2011, 02:43 PM
It amazes me that a worthless shitbag like Al Sharpton is taken serious by anyone. As far as the debate I could not keep up with it. These two clowns seem to think whoever yells the loudest is right~

durtyrute
04-13-2011, 03:04 PM
Thats a tricky one. Alot of the people I know refuse to blame this administration for anything. No matter what goes on somehow it all goes back to Bush. Of course he put somethings in place, but damn, some people are sucking off OB like no other

Skim through the "Obama War, Obama Rules" thread and that is exactly what I'm talking about.

CoMoChief
04-13-2011, 03:11 PM
We live in a 2-party dictatorship, both parties have puppets that are controlled from the same int'l bankers.

BO nor is any republican (except maybe Ron Paul) is gonna fix the mess we're in nor do they have any means to. The globalist elites control both puppets, from both parties.

The Bush family is as tightly knit with the CIA as you can get.

The Clinton's have ties with the Trilateral Commission members and members of Bilderberg, and Obama is 1000% Wallstreet lobbyist as you can get.

durtyrute
04-13-2011, 03:14 PM
We live in a 2-party dictatorship, both parties have puppets that are controlled from the same int'l bankers.

BO nor is any republican (except maybe Ron Paul) is gonna fix the mess we're in nor do they have any means to. The globalist elites control both puppets, from both parties.

The Bush family is as tightly knit with the CIA as you can get.

The Clinton's have ties with the Trilateral Commission members and members of Bilderberg, and Obama is 1000% Wallstreet lobbyist as you can get.

THIS....OH THIS :thumb:

Radar Chief
04-13-2011, 08:00 PM
It amazes me that a worthless shitbag like Al Sharpton is taken serious by anyone. As far as the debate I could not keep up with it. These two clowns seem to think whoever yells the loudest is right~

Kinda like this board. :hmmm: