PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports **** Official 2011 NBA Playoffs Thread ****

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

dirk digler
05-24-2011, 09:32 PM
Asik's injury was big, and it won't get any print

Yep. I don't get not playing Kurt Thomas who played pretty well during the regular season in limited minutes

DBOSHO
05-24-2011, 09:32 PM
I REALLY would rather not put up with the "I told you so's" if the heat win this year. Anyone but them.

DaKCMan AP
05-24-2011, 09:33 PM
Even with a 2-0 lead, I'd have to see it to believe the Heat will come out of their series with the Celtics. The Heat are a show they won't ever win a title with all three of those guys together regardless.

lol wow the Bulls would have to really shit the bed to lose this series.

They missed a shit load of layups and had a bunch of forced shots tonight. They didn't play smart. Chicago is the better team they just have to play smarter. The Heat aren't that good.

LMAO

KevB
05-24-2011, 09:33 PM
The other point is that Haslem and Miller are two variables who weren't even in consideration when this series started. Productive minutes for those guys make this a daunting team, as every thought way back before the season started.

Al Bundy
05-24-2011, 09:34 PM
I hope the Heat blow the Bulls out next game, especially after that dumbass foul.

okcchief
05-24-2011, 09:36 PM
Rose shot 34% from 3 and made a bunch of them, so defenders had to respect that and it opened up driving lanes for him. Westbrook isn't the same threat from 3, so guys give him space.

That's the perception. Both shot 33%.

http://www.nba.com/statscube/player-vs-player.html#Russell-Westbrook-vs-Derrick-Rose|201566,201565;season=r

KevB
05-24-2011, 09:37 PM
That's the perception. Both shot 33%.

http://www.nba.com/statscube/player-vs-player.html#Russell-Westbrook-vs-Derrick-Rose|201566,201565;season=r

But Westbrook was a reluctant shooter and Rose would hurt you with it. Defenders had to guard Rose out to the three because he wasn't shy about shooting it. Westbrook generally stayed away from it, so defenders didn't have to go out and get him nearly as much as Rose.

ChiefsCountry
05-24-2011, 09:39 PM
LMAO

What a fucking dumbass. LMAO

okcchief
05-24-2011, 09:43 PM
The other point is that Haslem and Miller are two variables who weren't even in consideration when this series started. Productive minutes for those guys make this a daunting team, as every thought way back before the season started.

This.

The Heat can win it all. Lebron James is really the closest thing to Magic Johnson we'll ever see. I don't like what he did last summer at all but he's a top player of all time once he gets a few rings.

Count Zarth
05-24-2011, 09:46 PM
Fuck the Heat. They will die.

Simply Red
05-24-2011, 09:53 PM
There is a guy that lives here in our apartment complex - Jewish boy - he looks EXACTLY like the Heat's coach. It's really weird - his expressions, even. Real fucking dorky guy.

okcchief
05-24-2011, 09:56 PM
But Westbrook was a reluctant shooter and Rose would hurt you with it. Defenders had to guard Rose out to the three because he wasn't shy about shooting it. Westbrook generally stayed away from it, so defenders didn't have to go out and get him nearly as much as Rose.

Not arguing that but you were talking percentages. 33% isn't a great percentage from three. Westbrook gets crucified for shooting too much now as it is. Westbrook takes too much criticism and Rose gets Too much credit IMO. Westbrook needs to play a lot smarter than he does row. Westbrook takes a lot of heat and a lot of people feel he holds KD back. I don't think that is entirely true. KD has to get better at getting open and our third scorer needs to be more consistent. People pile on Westbrook and give KD and Rose a pass because they have a better demeanor and leadership skills. They are all 22 and are a long way from being Kobe, Lebron, Dwade and Dirk. DRose was my regular season MVP too but he's by no means the best player in the league.

Urc Burry
05-24-2011, 09:58 PM
Not arguing that but you were talking percentages. 33% isn't a great percentage from three. Westbrook gets crucified for shooting too much now as it is. Westbrook takes too much criticism and Rose gets Too much credit IMO. Westbrook needs to play a lot smarter than he does row. Westbrook takes a lot of heat and a lot of people feel he holds KD back. I don't think that is entirely true. KD has to get better at getting open and our third scorer needs to be more consistent. People pile on Westbrook and give KD and Rose a pass because they have a better demeanor and leadership skills. They are all 22 and are a long way from being Kobe, Lebron, Dwade and Dirk. DRose was my regular season MVP too but he's by no means the best player in the league.

Westbrook just isn't a good fit for the Thunder imo... I think a trade of Westy to NO for CP3 straight up would benefit both teams in the long run

okcchief
05-24-2011, 10:00 PM
**** the Heat. They will die.

It will be a good series. I'll be pulling for the Mavs but the Heat can win. Earlier in the season I thought they had no chance and I was wrong. I still think it's the big 2 though. Bosh is better than a role player but he isn't in Lebron or D Wades hemisphere.

Simply Red
05-24-2011, 10:05 PM
Westbrook is a tad spastic - and honestly not NEARLY as fluent as Rose, don't even get it twisted.

okcchief
05-24-2011, 10:07 PM
Westbrook just isn't a good fit for the Thunder imo... I think a trade of Westy to NO for CP3 straight up would benefit both teams in the long run

That wouldn't make me sad at all but I like Westbrook. I think he will get better. He hasn't been a point guard that long. He has all the ability in the World and has improved every year. He's 22 and has more upside. If he drags his feet on a new contract This is the move that I want. Paul played here two years and was content like KD as long as he can win. I have a feeling they would try this if that happens. Paul still owns a house herE from my understanding.

Simply Red
05-24-2011, 10:07 PM
Teague is another one to look out for - but honestly this series I don't really care - BUlls or Heat - either is fine, Dallas may win it all this yr.

okcchief
05-24-2011, 10:13 PM
Westbrook is a tad spastic - and honestly not NEARLY as fluent as Rose, don't even get it twisted.

You are getting it twisted. I never said he wasn't better but they aren't far apart. It's all about perception. One gets too much heat and one too much credit. When Westbrook took 30 shots and lost it was the top story all day. When Rose took like 32 and was something like 1-12 from 3 in a playoff loss he got a pass. Rose is more polished and a better player but the media makes one a superman and one a cancer. They aren't that far apart.

KevB
05-24-2011, 10:13 PM
Not arguing that but you were talking percentages. 33% isn't a great percentage from three.

I did mention Rose's percentage, but it was in the context of being a threat from three. Rose's volume from 3 made him much more of a threat than Westbrook from the perimeter, which was my original point way back when. I think they're similar players, but Rose is a better leader and has been more of a threat from outside. Just my opinion. I agree that the criticism has been too harsh on Westbrook. Young players need to go through these issues; it's a rite of passage that every great player has gone through. Rose is in the same boat right now. I think both guys want it a little too much, and haven't translated that desire into enough winning plays.

KevB
05-24-2011, 10:15 PM
You are getting it twisted. I never said he wasn't better but they aren't far apart. It's all about perception. One gets too much heat and one too much credit. When Westbrook took 30 shots and lost it was the top story all day. When Rose took like 32 and was something like 1-12 from 3 in a playoff loss he got a pass. Rose is more polished and a better player but the media makes one a superman and one a cancer. They aren't that far apart.

The cancer thing is brand new though. That's only come in these playoffs, as before that people have been big on Westbrook. I don't think KD has gotten enough criticism, some of those Westbrook wild drives stemmed from KD standing stagnant 26 feet from the basket with his hand up.

okcchief
05-24-2011, 10:16 PM
Rose shows a better attitude and is more coachable so perhaps he deserves a pass. They are both 22 and will both, learn, change and get better.

KevB
05-24-2011, 10:23 PM
Rose shows a better attitude and is more coachable so perhaps he deserves a pass. They are both 22 and will both, learn, change and get better.

Rose gets a pass mainly because he doesn't have KD on his team. People understand that he has to score and take 20 or more shots for them to win most nights. He's actually more unselfish, but has done what was asked of him. It's a blessing and a curse for both guys (having KD for one and not having him for the other).

okcchief
05-24-2011, 10:24 PM
The cancer thing is brand new though. That's only come in these playoffs, as before that people have been big on Westbrook. I don't think KD has gotten enough criticism, some of those Westbrook wild drives stemmed from KD standing stagnant 26 feet from the basket with his hand up.

Yeah, everything became magnified. Our whole team needs to get better though. I think it's wrong it's all heaped on Westbrook. Some of those shots he takes because he can get the best shot. I felt like he could have got a much better shot last night but he didn't want to hear the backlash if he took it. I love KD and Russ but they are being compared to great players right now and have some work to do to get there. Russell's biggest challenge is to accept coaching IMO. he has a short temper and is the little brother of the team.

Simply Red
05-24-2011, 10:26 PM

Ok, noted, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Simply Red
05-24-2011, 10:28 PM

no doubt - they're 'paying their dues' right now. But the Bulls may be able to last the distance - but they'll most likely lose. I think OKC will lose too, however I DO think they'll be back and stonger, later on ovr. the yrs. to come.

okcchief
05-24-2011, 10:31 PM
Our coaches need to look in the mirror as well. We played better defense last year with worse defensive personal. Ron Adams was the architect of the defense and went to Chicago with Thibs. I think that is what really made Brooks coach of the year.

Pitt Gorilla
05-24-2011, 10:31 PM
Any chance the Thunder make a play for hometown boy Griffin at some point?

okcchief
05-24-2011, 10:36 PM
no doubt - they're 'paying their dues' right now. But the Bulls may be able to last the distance - but they'll most likely lose. I think OKC will lose too, however I DO think they'll be back and stonger, later on ovr. the yrs. to come.

Agreed.

I hope they can steal one in Dallas to at least wipe the bad taste out of my mouth but I think Dallas smells blood now. Experience won the series for sure. They were relaxed and we were panicking when we were still up 10. When we went to OT body language alone told you who the winner would be.

okcchief
05-24-2011, 10:39 PM

I don't think so but I guess you never know. We were pretty close to getting the first pick that year. I remember when we got up that far I started fantasizing lol. We got Harden but Blake, Durante and Westbrook might have been the most exciting show in any town.

BWillie
05-24-2011, 11:12 PM

Can you imagine if the Thunder would have got him and kept their existing roster?

Westbrook
Harden
Sefolosha
Griffin
Ibaka

Sick.

Urc Burry
05-24-2011, 11:20 PM
Can you imagine if the Thunder would have got him and kept their existing roster?

Westbrook
Harden
Sefolosha
Griffin
Ibaka

Sick.

No Durant?

Mr. Flopnuts
05-25-2011, 04:09 AM
Your right I'm butt hurt.

No reason to take it out on Durant. He has never had anything bad to say about Seattle and is 100% class at all time. You say it's not the owner, the city or the players but yet it makes you happy. That's great. Go burn down a Starbucks. That guy is the real villain. If Seattle wants a team they'll get one back. They did not support the team in the end and that's a fact. We have on of the best crowds in the NBA right now but if we stop supporting them I'll be the first to say it's our fault.

It is being butt hurt rooting against something that had nothing to do with it. I understand losing a team. I was a KC Kings fan when I was a kid. I never rooted against Sacremento. We lost the team because we didn't support them.

The Baltimore Colts, the Cleveland Browns. Those teams got fucked. Seattle did not.

Right. Because cities should be required to personally fund new arenas for pro teams every 15 years. Get the fuck out of here. That's retarded.

The Bad Guy
05-25-2011, 05:00 AM
And the Lakers hire Mike Brown.

FML.

okcchief
05-25-2011, 10:24 AM

Westbrook
Harden
Sefolosha
Griffin
Ibaka

Sick.

It would be Durant instead of Harden. We took Harden with the 3 pick that draft.

ChiefsCountry
05-25-2011, 10:32 AM

It would take Westbrook, Selfolosha, Nate Robinson and a draft pick because of salary to work but it really would be a trade to help both teams IMO. New Orleans gets a star to replace a star, also they really need SG help which Thabo would provide. Paul would fit nicely with the Thunder and Harden is firmly planted at SG then as well.

okcchief
05-25-2011, 10:39 AM
Right. Because cities should be required to personally fund new arenas for pro teams every 15 years. Get the fuck out of here. That's retarded.

Eh, I think that was the excuse. The fact is your owner sold the team to someone he knew tried to buy the Hornets when they were here and lived in OKC. Seattle wasn't going to the games. If someone knows they can make more money somewhere else and it's home they are going to move. He knew had to have a new arena to attract fans in Seattle. It sucks for hardcore fans but it was obviously a good business decision. I see why you are bitter but rooting against someone like KD solely because the team moved seems stupid to me. He had nothing to do with it. I've heard him say he loved the City and feels bad for the fans on more than one occasion. I just think your hatred is misguided. Along with the idiots who dress up in Seattle gear to root against the Thunder. To each his own. I just think Seattle should use their energy to get a new team if they want it. The Hornets or Kings could be persuaded I'm sure and you get the Sonics name back if you get a team. Or just root against a team that left 3 years ago and isn't coming back. Whatever makes you feel better.

okcchief
05-25-2011, 10:39 AM

FML.

Really? WTF? So Kobe is the coach lol

vailpass
05-25-2011, 10:40 AM

FML.

His full name: Mike Rudy Tomjanovich Brown.

Nickname: WTF?

okcchief
05-25-2011, 10:42 AM
Eh, I think that was the excuse. The fact is your owner sold the team to someone he knew tried to buy the Hornets when they were here and lived in OKC. Seattle wasn't going to the games. If someone knows they can make more money somewhere else and it's home they are going to move. He knew had to have a new arena to attract fans in Seattle. It sucks for hardcore fans but it was obviously a good business decision. I see why you are bitter but rooting against someone like KD solely because the team moved seems stupid to me. He had nothing to do with it. I've heard him say he loved the City and feels bad for the fans on more than one occasion. I just think your hatred is misguided. Along with the idiots who dress up in Seattle gear to root against the Thunder. To each his own. I just think Seattle should use their energy to get a new team if they want it. The Hornets or Kings could be persuaded I'm sure and you get the Sonics name back if you get a team. Or just root against a team that left 3 years ago and isn't coming back. Whatever makes you feel better.

BTW I hope Seattle does get a team at some point. It doesn't seem like they care. There are opportunities out there and I dont see them even mentioned.

vailpass
05-25-2011, 10:43 AM

Flop is right to feel the way he does.
You are right to feel the way you do.

Neither of you will convince the other. This is how it is when a partner leaves someone for someone else.

loochy
05-25-2011, 10:44 AM

It's OK. Not everyone likes your team.

Los Pollos Hermanos
05-25-2011, 10:46 AM
It's OK. Not everyone likes your team.

I like his team better then his state. :)

loochy
05-25-2011, 10:48 AM
I like his team better then his state. :)

You know, it's a long held Texas tradition to hate on Oklahoma, but I never understood why (other than football rivalry). I guess it's like how the USA hates on Canada.

The Bad Guy
05-25-2011, 11:33 AM
Really? WTF? So Kobe is the coach lol

I'll say without hesitation that if the Lakers hired Jellybean Bryant that he'd be a better coach than Scott Brooks.

The Bad Guy
05-25-2011, 11:37 AM

When the Sonics had Payton, Kemp, Seattle was a tremendous basketball city.

Give the Thunder about 10 years and I'll be amazed if they are still there. Yeah, it's a rabid fanbase now. When the luster wears off the shine, you'll see how great the support is from OKC.

DaKCMan AP
05-25-2011, 12:38 PM
Heat is doing what America feared: dominating

BY GREG COTE

GCOTE@MIAMIHERALD.COM

America’s worst sporting nightmare is coming true. Deal with it, haters, doubters, Clevelanders and others.

The Miami Heat is as good as most of the rest of the country feared it might be last summer when LeBron James and Chris Bosh teamed with Dwyane Wade.

The Heat is as good as South Florida hoped it would be during that arena welcome for the Big 3 – the bombastic night that apparently proved so off-putting to many of you but felt so damned right and wonderful to us.

You know what that celebration is turning out to be, by the way?

Justified.

Premature, sure, but also prescient.

That is how it all looks now.

That is how it all looks after Tuesday night.

The Heat met a Chicago Bulls team that could not have been any more desperate to win, but Miami said no as the downtown bayside arena ultimately rocked and swayed.

Chicago, playing ferocious defense, starving to win, led entering the fourth quarter. It still wasn’t enough.

Miami would win, 101-93 in overtime, and the result hugely turned these Eastern Conference finals for a Heat team now up 3-1. The result crushed Bulls fans’ realistic hopes while lifting Heat fans closer than ever to the championship team they have imagined since last summer.

That the game was taut, tense and so, so nerve-wrackingly close made the Heat’s tenacious triumph all the more impressive, and the loss devastating to the Bulls. For Miami the game was huge. For Chicago it was bigger. Much. It was all but must-win.

LeBron stood tallest with 35 points and suffocating late defense that wilted Chicago’s Derrick Rose. Chris Bosh added 22 points and Mike Miller came alive with 12 important points. Dwyane Wade, struggling with his shot all night, would score only 14, but six came in overtime.

Miami in seasons past would not have survived a 14-point playoff game by Wade, but James and Bosh have helped rewrite the survival guide.

James, seemingly impervious to fatigue, played almost 50 minutes and still seemed fresh late when the Bulls were sagging.

Does James ever show fatigue?

“If he does show it to me, I ignore him,” kidded coach Erik Spoelstra.

James deflected the spotlight, simply calling Tuesday, “A great win. A great defensive team win.”

The Bulls, the team with the best regular-season record in the NBA, were fighting for their playoff lives.

The Heat said no. Not here came the statement, not where Miami is now 8-0 in this postseason, the only unbeaten home team in these playoffs.
Bosh was asked earlier this week if he could recall the last home loss.

“No I can’t,” he replied after a pause.

Miami has not lost at the bayside arena since April 6. And an end to that streak Tuesday would have been, to paraphrase TNT’s Charles Barkley, “turrrible” timing. All at once, Heat fans who expected to be howling, “Oh yeah!” would have been left to mutter, “Uh oh” had Miami lost this game.
Now Miami’s 3-1 lead in this series, being honest, means the series is for all practical purposes over.

Chicago has no realistic shot now to beat the Heat three straight games. I have a better chance to use two strands of cooked spaghetti as chopsticks. Chicagoans have to believe it still could happen, of course – or try to convince themselves, anyway – but, now, those fans believe that like they believe this is finally the year for the Cubs.

Miami also figures to be a clear favorite in the NBA Finals vs. (presumably) Dallas.

Getting ahead of myself, you say? Yes. So what. Heat coaches and players can’t do that, at least not publicly. Well I can! And that’s how crucial Tuesday’s victory was. How all-important.

Now it is reasonable to count out the Bulls and to be the first one on my block to note that Dallas is old, and seemingly not far from joining the Lakers, Celtics and Spurs in the NBA’s Used To Be division. The Mavericks’ five leading scorers in these playoffs all are 32 or older. After Dirk Nowitzki nobody on that team scares you on the offensive end. And the Mavs’ defense isn’t nearly as good as Chicago’s.

In other words, the Heat’s path to the championship in Year 1 of the Big 3 appears clear now – where a home loss Tuesday night would have left all of that murky.

It was beyond a physical game, a victory intensely earned.

“We want opponents when they come here to think they’ve just played the hardest game of their life,” Bosh said.

I think both teams might have felt that Tuesday as midnight approached.

Forgive Spoelstra his hyperbole in describing this series and Game 4 as “an absolute bloodbath.” Although if that were so, suffice to say the bleeding Tuesday was mostly Chicago, and that it might be too late to stop it now.

This series hasn’t been about any of the ancillary stuff, by the way. Hasn’t been about how much Miami fans might dislike Charles Barkley. Or about Carlos Boozer disrespecting Bosh, or about Joakim Noah answering a heckler.

This series has been about the Heat being better than the Bulls. Simply that.

Not much better, maybe, but clearly better.

Enough better.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/05/25/v-fullstory/2233500/heat-is-doing-what-america-feared.html#ixzz1NOHmTxHl

ChiefsCountry
05-25-2011, 12:54 PM
This series has been about the Heat being better than the Bulls. Simply that.

This can't be true. Vanilla Thunder said the Bulls were a way better team.

SNR
05-25-2011, 01:01 PM

Give the Thunder about 10 years and I'll be amazed if they are still there. Yeah, it's a rabid fanbase now. When the luster wears off the shine, you'll see how great the support is from OKC.
This. It's bullshit that people think the Sonics didn't have fan support in Seattle.

That's like going to a Chiefs game in 2009 and saying, "Gee, this town clearly doesn't give a shit about their football team"

vailpass
05-25-2011, 01:23 PM
This can't be true. Vanilla Thunder said the Bulls were a way better team.

Heat definetely playing better.
In the last couple of games the NBA conspiracy theorists have been getting plenty of fuel though.
Free throw count was way off balance last night. Rose is getting mugged and no calls.

okcchief
05-25-2011, 02:41 PM

The thing is there is nothing else here to do. We sold out when the team won 23 games and two Hornets seasons where they weren't in the playoffs. If we stop supporting the team they will definitely move as they should. Time will tell. You can't bitch about a team moving to a market where they will make more money.

The Bad Guy
05-25-2011, 02:51 PM
The thing is there is nothing else here to do. We sold out when the team won 23 games and two Hornets seasons where they weren't in the playoffs. If we stop supporting the team they will definitely move as they should. Time will tell. You can't bitch about a team moving to a market where they will make more money.

That's the thing. Seattle sucked shit for many years after their glory runs and then packed up the team and moved.

I think fans of Seattle can absolutely bitch because they have the capability to be a huge basketball town, but the shitty direction of the franchise while they were there didn't draw anyone.

If the movie sucks, you can't be pissed that the box office didn't roll in the money.

okcchief
05-25-2011, 02:53 PM
This. It's bullshit that people think the Sonics didn't have fan support in Seattle.

That's like going to a Chiefs game in 2009 and saying, "Gee, this town clearly doesn't give a shit about their football team"

They didn't have good attendance when they were in the playoffs with Ray Allen either. Sure they've had support over the years but not recently. It's a smart business move to move a team from a market where the are the number 3 team to a market where they are the only show in town. We don't know how OKC will play out long term but the short term is off the charts. We could be Portland or we could be Sacremento.

My main points are don't take it out on the players or the City. Seattle is obviously a good sports town but they lost interest and another City swooped them up. No use crying over spilt milk. If you are passionate about the NAB get a new team. If not what are you crying about. If OKC fails like bad guy says maybe you'll get them back in ten years.

This town loves sports and truly is a good sports market. The Dallas fans were remarking that we have the best fans in the league. Rick Carlisle said the same thing. I think even when we suck people will still go to see the stats. Again their are no facts to support it either way. If we don't support them over a 3-5 year period and we are losing money we don't need a team. That's what happened in Seattle and the same should happen to us.

If I was the Kings I would find a market similar to OKC instead of being the third team in town.

okcchief
05-25-2011, 03:05 PM
That's the thing. Seattle sucked shit for many years after their glory runs and then packed up the team and moved.

I think fans of Seattle can absolutely bitch because they have the capability to be a huge basketball town, but the shitty direction of the franchise while they were there didn't draw anyone.

If the movie sucks, you can't be pissed that the box office didn't roll in the money.

That's true. I think it was bad ownership and bad management. Clay Bennett wants to win like him or not.

I can understand Seattle throwing hate at him but not the players who played their like KD or Collison. They had no choice. I'm not saying root for them but licking their tears after a crushing defeat is a bit much.

But whatever. I'm done with the Seattle discussion. I wish the City the best and hope they move on to bigger and better things.

KC_Connection
05-25-2011, 05:46 PM
Had Miami winning 4-2 easily to begin the series, looks like it might even be 4-1. LeBron continues to prove he is by far the best player in the game, but I hope somehow Dirk can win next round.

KC_Connection
05-25-2011, 05:49 PM
Heat definetely playing better.
In the last couple of games the NBA conspiracy theorists have been getting plenty of fuel though.
Free throw count was way off balance last night. Rose is getting mugged and no calls.
There was the phantom offensive foul call that gave Derrick Rose the chance to win the game in regulation. He tried to go one-on-one against LeBron and predictably failed.

notorious
05-25-2011, 06:24 PM
Miami just came off a huge emotional win against a tough Celtics team.

They will regroup.

One of the best bets in the world is Heat in 6-7 right now.

Any gamblers out there?

Fuck

:facepalm:

notorious
05-25-2011, 06:25 PM
There was the phantom offensive foul call that gave Derrick Rose the chance to win the game in regulation. He tried to go one-on-one against LeBron and predictably failed.

Phantom call? Lebron blasted him. ROFL

KC_Connection
05-25-2011, 06:48 PM
Phantom call? Lebron blasted him. ROFL
That's a flop if I've ever seen one. And one that refs won't generally call in that situation.

Count Zarth
05-25-2011, 06:51 PM
It is time.

http://i56.tinypic.com/23h1yfp.gifp

58-4ever
05-25-2011, 06:53 PM
It is time.

http://i56.tinypic.com/23h1yfp.gifp

LMAO. Gotta give you that. That's hilarious!

notorious
05-25-2011, 06:54 PM
That's a flop if I've ever seen one. And one that refs won't generally call in that situation.

OK. Agree to disagree.

Count Zarth
05-25-2011, 07:14 PM
lol @ Ibaka making Dirk look like Kobe.

Count Zarth
05-25-2011, 07:57 PM
JJ Barea has 11 lol

WHAT IS THIS WORLD

Count Zarth
05-25-2011, 08:11 PM
Mavs need to find their defense in the 2nd half.

Count Zarth
05-25-2011, 08:40 PM
Durant is taking awful shots.

Count Zarth
05-25-2011, 08:49 PM
http://home.tiscali.nl/~miki/stojakovic/peja073.jpg

KevB
05-25-2011, 08:51 PM
Westbrook quickly getting a rep as a hothead

-King-
05-25-2011, 09:15 PM
You do not fuck with the Beard

Count Zarth
05-25-2011, 09:19 PM
Dirk is getting raped tonight and not getting shit for calls. Absolutely ridiculous.

WhitiE
05-25-2011, 09:34 PM
harden is a freaking beast

-King-
05-25-2011, 09:35 PM
SMH.

KevB
05-25-2011, 09:36 PM
Westbrook is playing his ass off. Say what you will about his game or his temper, but that guy is playing really damn hard.

Count Zarth
05-25-2011, 09:36 PM
ETHNIC CLEANSING THREEE!

Rudy lost the toss
05-25-2011, 09:38 PM
Dallas getting open shot after open shot. Another game where the team I root for plays like ass when it counts...

-King-
God damn Thunder. Wow.

QuikSsurfer
ROFL

Count Zarth
FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Buck
YES!!!!!!!!!!

-King-
Um...where was the foul?

KevB
05-25-2011, 09:39 PM
How Eric Maynor is taking so many shots/handling the ball this much with Durant/Westbrook/Harden on the floor is beyond me. Maynor has done NOTHING this entire 4th qtr.

Count Zarth
05-25-2011, 09:39 PM
Fucking Marion playing his best game of the postseason.

Al Bundy
05-25-2011, 09:40 PM
Evens out, Chandler got away with one a minute ago.

Count Zarth
Now give it to Dirk and get the fuck out of his way.

QuikSsurfer
Yes!!!! Ole man river!

Buck
05-25-2011, 09:41 PM
Damn that American Airlines Arena looks huge.

KevB
05-25-2011, 09:42 PM
****ing Marion playing his best game of the postseason.

I want to know how much Cuban paid for the Fountain of Youth. Dirk, Kidd, Marion, Peja and Terry all playing above what they've shown either this season or even the last couple of years.

Count Zarth
05-25-2011, 09:43 PM
Say goodnight bitches.

Al Bundy
05-25-2011, 09:43 PM
Hell of a play by Marion. Didn't think the ole Runnin Reb had it in him.

Buck
05-25-2011, 09:44 PM
Dirk No-miss-ski

-King-
05-25-2011, 09:44 PM
I kind of feel sorry for the Thunder. Just too young. They'll grow though.

-King-
05-25-2011, 09:45 PM
That was not needed Terry. Fuck you.

Buck
05-25-2011, 09:45 PM
DOES TERRY'S SHOT COUNT?

THAT'S THE BIG QUESTION HERE.

Fruit Ninja
05-25-2011, 09:46 PM
lol Russel Westbrook looked mad! lol

Buck
That was not needed Terry. Fuck you.

Like you wouldn't dunk the shit out of the ball if you were about to make the finals.

Al Bundy
Wow... Dirk is something else. Too bad the Mavericks fanbase is mostly like Claynus.

QuikSsurfer
05-25-2011, 09:47 PM
Feels gooooood

Los Pollos Hermanos
05-25-2011, 09:47 PM
lol Russel Westbrook looked mad! lol

He always looks mad.

Posted from my iPhone

Count Zarth
05-25-2011, 09:48 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llkv5pjKel1qdu1jm.gif

-King-
Like you wouldn't dunk the shit out of the ball if you were about to make the finals.

He's about to go there anyway whether he dunks it or not. Show some class. Thats the equivalent of teams going deep in football when there's 2 seconds left and they're up.

Simply Red
Fuck off Josh Terry, your friends laugh at you when you go out, buying them table dances, fuck you bitch!

Buck
Good, now the Heat just need to win and we should have a great finals.

KevB
05-25-2011, 09:49 PM
Brooks is a joke. His team gave up looks at times because they didn't get back on D, Maynor was terrible and continued to handle and shoot the ball, Harden coming off the bench throughout the playoffs, etc.

When Maynor waived off Westbrook and Harden to go 1 on 1 and throw up an airball....you'd have had to restrain me from running on the floor as the coach and punching Maynor in the balls.

-King-
05-25-2011, 09:49 PM
(http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=rSS&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=X&ei=js3dTYOmAuXL0QG03bTSCg&ved=0CCgQvwUoAQ&q=Nowitzki&spell=1)Nowitzki always reminds me of a guy trying to hide his accent and tries to use cliches as much as possible ROFL

Count Zarth
05-25-2011, 09:52 PM
Westbrook sure is a sore loser.

Simply Red
who is Dallas going to put on Rose?:LOL:;)

okcchief
I'm proud of my boys. The didn't quit. Just couldnt get the ball to bounce their way. Great year!

Simply Red
05-25-2011, 09:55 PM
Cuban, tolerable, that's cool, finally

Count Zarth
Look at that, Dirk walking off like a bauce. He ain't done bitches.

Count Zarth
who is Dallas going to put on Rose?:LOL:;)

Kidd can guard any basketball player in the world.

Simply Red
05-25-2011, 09:56 PM
I'm proud of my boys. The didn't quit. Just couldnt get the ball to bounce their way. Great year!

OKC should be proud, brah, they certainly have nothing to be ashamed of, better than the Hawks. LOL

Count Zarth
05-25-2011, 09:58 PM
LOL @ ESPN's breakdown of Dirk destroying Ibaka.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-25-2011, 10:03 PM
Fucking beautiful.

ChiefsCountry
05-25-2011, 10:05 PM
Its going to be sweet seeing Wade & Heat take down the Mavs again in the Finals.

Count Zarth
05-25-2011, 10:07 PM
Its going to be sweet seeing Wade & Heat take down the Mavs again in the Finals.

LMAO

Dallas bigs are going to rape the Heat. Count on it.

BIG_DADDY
05-25-2011, 10:14 PM
Congratulations Dallas. This championship is shaping up to be the worst ever in this fans opinion. I could give a rats bass about a Mavs/Heat series. If I watch any of it I will pull for the Mavs. The only positive I can pull from that series would be:

If the Mavs win I will be happy for Cuban, Dirk and Kid.

If the Heat win I will be happy for Riley.

Count Zarth
05-25-2011, 10:15 PM
This championship is shaping up to be the worst ever in this fans opinion.

Fuck the Lakers and eat my shit.

loochy
05-25-2011, 10:21 PM
I could give a rats bass about a Mavs/Heat series. If I watch any of it I will pull for the Mavs.

Well bye.

http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/1/22748000/ngbbs4dbed6fe952b8.jpg

BIG_DADDY
05-25-2011, 10:23 PM
**** the Lakers and eat my shit.

Dirk does deserve a ring. About as exciting as seeing you in a speedo though.

SNR
05-25-2011, 10:25 PM
Congratulations Dallas. This championship is shaping up to be the worst ever in this fans opinion. I could give a rats bass about a Mavs/Heat series. If I watch any of it I will pull for the Mavs. The only positive I can pull from that series would be:

If the Heat win I will be happy for Riley.How can you not get excited for a re-match between these two teams, this time with stars galore and a Dallas team that is going to take it personal this time?

I can't wait for Mavs/Heat. Provided that's how it works out, of course.

Count Zarth
05-25-2011, 10:27 PM

Dirk getting a ring is just like Elway getting a ring.

KC_Connection
05-25-2011, 10:32 PM
If you can't enjoy watching LeBron play intense playoff basketball (the greatest player of this era and will be one of the top players ever when it's said and done) against Dirk (one of the greatest shooters/scorers in NBA history), I don't know why you even watch the NBA.

okcchief
05-25-2011, 10:41 PM

You fucking had to go there.

Count Zarth
05-25-2011, 10:42 PM
I'm pretty much laughing at the notion that this isn't going to be a good finals. This is one of the best stories in the NBA in years.

Mavericks return to the finals to face the team that stole a championship from them.

Two great players who have never won a championship going head to head.

Veterans like Kidd, Peja and Marion trying to win their first championship.

The Mavericks, the ultimate TEAM, going against the Heat's three individuals and collection of garbage.

This is going to be awesome.

BIG_DADDY
05-25-2011, 10:43 PM
If you can't enjoy watching LeBron play intense playoff basketball (the greatest player of this era and will be one of the top players ever when it's said and done) against Dirk (one of the greatest shooters/scorers in NBA history), I don't know why you even watch the NBA.

For the officiating.

SNR
05-25-2011, 10:43 PM
If you can't enjoy watching LeBron play intense playoff basketball (the greatest player of this era and will be one of the top players ever when it's said and done) against Dirk (one of the greatest shooters/scorers in NBA history), I don't know why you even watch the NBA.When LA is sucking dick with Mike Brown as coach, odds are every year will be a bad finals matchup for him

BIG_DADDY
05-25-2011, 10:45 PM

Except Dirk will deserve his first one, unlike Elway. He still has to get through Miami to do it though. I wish him the best.

BIG_DADDY
05-25-2011, 10:45 PM
When LA is sucking dick with Mike Brown as coach, odds are every year will be a bad finals matchup for him

OK lady Cleo.

SNR
05-25-2011, 10:53 PM
OK lady Cleo.Are you satisfied with Mike Brown as your coach? I wouldn't be if I were a Lakers fan.

I like the Lakers, too. I think they're done winning championships for awhile with this new coaching hire.

Count Zarth
05-25-2011, 10:59 PM
Reporter just asked Dirk why he didn't really look like he was into it during the trophy presentation.

"We got one of those trophies already. It didn't mean anything in the end."

It was hilarious watching Dirk during the trophy presentation. He didn't even want to touch the thing. He's turning to leave and Cuban has to grab him to get him to hoist it.

Dude did not give a fuck.

blaise
05-25-2011, 11:00 PM
Dallas/Miami is a good series. Who needed to see Kobe and Pau again? That story was getting boring as hell.

|Zach|
05-25-2011, 11:01 PM
I pretty much hate the NBA and this looks like an awesome series. I am rooting for Cuban.

blaise
05-25-2011, 11:02 PM
I pretty much hate the NBA and this looks like an awesome series. I am rooting for Cuban.

That's funny, Cuban is about the only reason I don't want Dallas to win.

|Zach|
05-25-2011, 11:05 PM

Some of his writing about business was really eye opening and inspirational for me early on as an entrepreneur.

BIG_DADDY
05-25-2011, 11:07 PM
Are you satisfied with Mike Brown as your coach? I wouldn't be if I were a Lakers fan.

I like the Lakers, too. I think they're done winning championships for awhile with this new coaching hire.

My lady Cleo reference was about your take on me and not the present state of the Lakers. I wasn't happy with that choice either. Frankly I would have been much happier if they had just signed Shaw.

BIG_DADDY
05-25-2011, 11:09 PM

What are you talking about? Cuban is a megalomaniac like the rest of the owners but he is one of the most passionate owners ever.

munkey
05-25-2011, 11:10 PM
Faker's are done...that's all I cared about :)

BIG_DADDY
05-25-2011, 11:13 PM
Faker's are done...that's all I cared about :)

I always loved that term. 16 World championships and they are the Fakers? Brilliant.

Urc Burry
05-25-2011, 11:14 PM
Harden's going to be a stud.

PG: CP3
SG: Harden
SF: Durant
PF: Ibaka
C: Perkins

I can see that team competing with the Heat... I do like Westbrook but he is just not a good fit

Count Zarth
05-25-2011, 11:21 PM
http://i.imgur.com/7oYSP.gif

Count Zarth
05-25-2011, 11:30 PM
Holy crap. :wayne:

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/05/brendan-haywood-has-been-working-with-a.html

Mavericks backup center Brendan Haywood was a different man at the free throw line in Game 5 against Oklahoma City. The worst free throw shooter in the NBA this season at 36.2 percent, Haywood made 5 of 6 free throw attempts in the Mavericks' four-point win.

Haywood said he's been working with shooting instructor Dave Hopla from Washington D.C. the last few days and he's helped Haywood improve his free throws. Hopla worked with Haywood before and helped him shoot 72 percent from the line.

"I put a lot of work in. I had my guy come back from D.C. to work with me and things have really worked well the last couple of games," Haywood said. "I'm feeling a little bit more confident up there."

Count Zarth
05-25-2011, 11:34 PM
Marion on his dunk at the end, "I felt like the floor was trembling in there. It was so loud."

BIG_DADDY
05-25-2011, 11:36 PM
Marion on his dunk at the end, "I felt like the floor was trembling in there. It was so loud."

No matter how hard you try you are not going to get me to root for the Heat.

Count Zarth
05-25-2011, 11:47 PM
Thank you Milwaukee.

Did Bucks just assure Mavs of NBA title?

Armed with information from the tireless folks at the Elias Sports Bureau, Scott Randall of ESPN Stats and Research followed the dots after the Milwaukee Bucks ended the Dallas Mavericks' 12-game win streak Monday night and found a pot of gold that might interest the Mavs.

Monday was the fifth time in team history that the Bucks have ended a winning streak of at least 12 games. The most famous instance was when Milwaukee ended the Los Angeles Lakers' NBA-record 33-game winning streak on Jan. 9, 1972. The Bucks also ended 12-plus game streaks by the Celtics (1973 -12), 76ers (1983 - 14) and Spurs (2007 - 13).

What do all four teams have in common?

They all went on to win the NBA title that same season.

Here's a look at the Bucks' streak-busters and the teams they sent on to raise a championship banner:

January 9, 1972 - Beat Lakers, 120-104

In January of 1972 the Bucks beat Los Angeles 120-104 to snap the Lakers NBA-record 33-game winning streak. The Lakers would still go on to win the NBA title...

November 30, 1973 - Beat Celtics, 117-93

Two seasons later the Bucks ended another streak by the eventual NBA champions... This time it was a 12-game streak by the Celtics.

January 23, 1983 - Beat 76ers, 107-96

It happened again in 1983 when the Bucks ended the 76ers' 14-game streak... the same season Julius Erving and Philly won their first NBA title since 1967.

March 15, 2007 - Beat Spurs, 101-90

And then in 2007 Milwaukee ended the Spurs 13-game streak. Get this... The Spurs would go on the win the title...

December 12, 2010 - Beat Mavericks, 103-99

So the Mavs should be happy the Bucks ended their 12-game streak last night... Based on stone-cold history, it now assures them of winning the NBA title this season.

Now, about that parade route...

BWillie
05-26-2011, 12:20 AM
No matter how hard you try you are not going to get me to root for the Heat.

I hate the Heat, just like everybody else too. Putting their ego's aside to play together for the greater good and to try to win a championship. That really pissed me off when Lebron made his decision on ESPN and donated tons of money to less fortunate kids. What a prick.

Count Zarth
05-26-2011, 01:09 AM
peep the sig

SNR
05-26-2011, 01:25 AM
I hate the Heat, just like everybody else too. Putting their ego's aside to play together for the greater good and to try to win a championship. That really pissed me off when Lebron made his decision on ESPN and donated tons of money to less fortunate kids. What a prick.Arrogance. Sheer arrogance. Lebron's nothing but a streetball-playing thug who never gets into skirmishes on the court, donates his time and money to charity on a consistent basis, has one of the best work ethics in the league, and cares way more about winning than he does money.

What an asshole.

Count Zarth
05-26-2011, 02:18 AM
http://i51.tinypic.com/2ag6qv9.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/idd27m.jpg

blaise
05-26-2011, 04:54 AM
What are you talking about? Cuban is a megalomaniac like the rest of the owners but he is one of the most passionate owners ever.

Ok, great. I have to like him or something?

blaise
05-26-2011, 04:55 AM
I hate the Heat, just like everybody else too. Putting their ego's aside to play together for the greater good and to try to win a championship. That really pissed me off when Lebron made his decision on ESPN and donated tons of money to less fortunate kids. What a prick.

Yeah, The Decision was about the kids.

Los Pollos Hermanos
05-26-2011, 05:01 AM
Ok, great. I have to like him or something?

lol

I love Cuban but I really love him when he keeps his mouth shut.

blaise
05-26-2011, 05:10 AM
lol

I love Cuban but I really love him when he keeps his mouth shut.

He's been good about staying back these playoffs.

DaKCMan AP
05-26-2011, 05:31 AM
LMAO

Dallas bigs are going to rape the Heat. Count on it.

Like Boston's bigs were going to, like Chicago's bigs were going to.. blah blah blah.

If the Heat win I will be happy for Riley.

:spock:

The Mavericks, the ultimate TEAM, going against the Heat's three individuals and collection of garbage.

This is going to be awesome.

That was the premise of the Miami/Chicago series. Haslem and Mike Miller put any notion of that to rest and the Heat now have a very solid 8-man rotation.

Count Zarth
05-26-2011, 05:44 AM
Haslem and Mike Miller put any notion of that to rest.

LMAO

They have both had exactly ONE game to write home about in the playoffs.

The Heat have no one coming off the bench like Harden and it's going to be their undoing.

DaKCMan AP
05-26-2011, 05:47 AM
LMAO

They have both had exactly ONE game to write home about in the playoffs.

The Heat have no one coming off the bench like Harden and it's going to be their undoing.

They don't need anyone like Harden coming off the bench. One of the big 3 will always be on the floor so there will always be (at least 1) primary scorer. Then you have energy players like Haslem, Miller, Chalmers as the reserves.

Keep doubting and spewing ignorant garbage. Then cry when Miami, once again, beats Dallas in the NBA Finals.

DaKCMan AP
05-26-2011, 05:49 AM
Long after practice ended, there was Wade still on the court, taking jumper after jumper, trying to shake free from a shooting slump. And there was James, standing under the basket, keeping his friend company. All of the other players had long since left the floor.

“Just getting the kinks out,” Wade said. “You don’t become good at this game just because you wake up and become good. You have to work at it.”

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/05/26/2235520/miami-heat-ready-for-a-trip-to.html#ixzz1NSTngoAh

:clap:

Count Zarth
05-26-2011, 05:58 AM
They don't need anyone like Harden coming off the bench. One of the big 3 will always be on the floor so there will always be (at least 1) primary scorer. Then you have energy players like Haslem, Miller, Chalmers as the reserves.

Keep doubting and spewing ignorant garbage. Then cry when Miami, once again, beats Dallas in the NBA Finals.

http://i56.tinypic.com/28jwb3c.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/msk65l.jpg

Count Zarth
05-26-2011, 06:07 AM
The Mavericks OWN the Heat outside of referee-tainted NBA Finals games. Absolutely fucking OWN THEM. Lebron was 11 for 36 against the Mavericks this year. PATHETIC.

http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=301127006

DALLAS -- While Dirk Nowitzki drove for a layup during Dallas' game-turning run to start the second half, he split a gap between Dwyane Wade and LeBron James -- with all three of All-Stars in the air at the same time -- to get to the basket.

Even with Wade's new help in Miami, the Heat still can't beat the Mavericks in the regular season.

Dallas has won 13 consecutive games over Miami since March 2004, and 16 of 17. That doesn't include the 2006 NBA Finals, when the Heat won in six games after losing the first two.

http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=301220014

MIAMI -- The streak-busters of the NBA hail from Dallas.

And for whatever reason, unless there's a championship at stake, the Miami Heat simply cannot beat the Mavericks.

Dirk Nowitzki scored 26 points, Jason Terry had all of his 19 in the final 11 minutes, and the Mavericks held LeBron James scoreless in the first half on the way to ending Miami's 12-game winning streak with a 98-96 victory on Monday night.

It was Dallas' 14th straight regular-season win over the Heat, and the Mavericks had been the most recent team to beat Miami this season, too. Dallas has snapped six opponent winning streaks of at least five games this season -- including a pair of 12-gamers, against San Antonio on Nov. 26 and now Miami's.

DaKCMan AP
05-26-2011, 06:08 AM
http://i56.tinypic.com/28jwb3c.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/msk65l.jpg

5 months ago. If you think this Heat team is the same as the one from 5 months ago than you're even dumber than everyone knows you are.

DaKCMan AP
05-26-2011, 06:11 AM
The Mavericks OWN the Heat outside of referee-tainted NBA Finals games. Absolutely fucking OWN THEM. Lebron was 11 for 36 against the Mavericks this year. PATHETIC.

http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=301127006

http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=301220014

Is that supposed to mean something? The Bulls owned the Heat recently prior to this series.

Count Zarth
05-26-2011, 06:19 AM
The Mavericks' ARMY of three-point shooters are perfectly suited to destroy Miami's defense. 22nd in three-point D during the regular season, 14th in the playoffs.

HORRIBLE MATCHUP FOR THE MIAMI CHEAT!

DaKCMan AP
05-26-2011, 06:32 AM
The Mavericks' ARMY of three-point shooters are perfectly suited to destroy Miami's defense. 22nd in three-point D during the regular season, 14th in the playoffs.

HORRIBLE MATCHUP FOR THE MIAMI CHEAT!

ROFL

You don't even know how to read a statistic properly.

The heat were #9 in the NBA in 3pt D during the regular season.

notorious
05-26-2011, 06:43 AM
This is going to be a great championship series. I am looking forward to it.

The majority hate Miami and want Dallas to get their championship, not to mention the revenge factor.

I don't care which team wins it all, I want close hard games that are FAIRLY OFFICIATED.

DaKCMan AP
05-26-2011, 06:44 AM
NBA Finals open Tuesday in Miami with Heat win

CHICAGO— With the Dallas Mavericks defeating the Oklahoma City Thunder 100-96 Wednesday night to close out the Western Conference finals, the NBA Finals would open Tuesday at AmericanAirlines Arena should the Miami Heat defeat the Chicago Bulls on Thursday night at the United Center.

The Heat lead the best-of-seven Eastern Conference finals 3-1. The Mavericks eliminated the Thunder 4-1 in the Western Conference finals.

Under the NBA's flexible schedule for the NBA Finals, the league's championship series moves up to a May 31 start if both conference finals are concluded in five or fewer games.

Should the Heat lose Thursday, a Game 6 of the Eastern Conference finals would be Saturday at 8:30 p.m. at AmericanAirlines Arena and the NBA Finals would not open until June 2.

The winner of the Eastern Conference finals will host the Mavericks in Games 1, 2, 6 and 7 of the NBA Finals in the best-of-seven series that is scheduled on a 2-3-2 basis, the lone NBA playoff series with such a scheduling pattern.

Games in the NBA Finals are played on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays, with the Tuesday and Thursday games beginning at 9 p.m. Eastern and the Sunday games at 8 p.m.

The Heat defeated the Mavericks 4-2 in the 2006 NBA Finals, the most recent Finals appearance for both teams.

iwinderman@tribune.com. Follow him at twitter.com/iraheatbeat.
Copyright © 2011, South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Count Zarth
05-26-2011, 06:46 AM
The heat were #9 in the NBA in 3pt D during the regular season.

My bad.

Still dreadful in the playoffs.

PREPARE TO BE BOMBED

suds79
05-26-2011, 06:50 AM
Harden's going to be a stud.

PG: CP3
SG: Harden
SF: Durant
PF: Ibaka
C: Perkins

I can see that team competing with the Heat... I do like Westbrook but he is just not a good fit

Agreed. I think they should deal Westbrook.

If NO with Paul or NJ with Williams feel they're going to lose their guys, they have to take that deal for Westbrook right? That'd be pretty good value for the position they're in.

I think Ibaka could be a really nice power forward down the road someday. He can hit the mid-range jumper. I think he needs to work on his offensive post up game. He's got the size & strength for it.

OKC as it stands now is too much a perimeter team. They need some offense down low.

DaKCMan AP
05-26-2011, 06:55 AM
My bad.

Still dreadful in the playoffs.

PREPARE TO BE BOMBED

Boston shot 47% from 3pt range in the playoffs and got beat down by Miami. Bring it!

The Bad Guy
05-26-2011, 06:57 AM

Yes, let's applaud Dwayne Wade for doing what every other NBA scorer does.

The Bad Guy
05-26-2011, 06:58 AM
Boston shot 47% from 3pt range in the playoffs and got beat down by Miami. Bring it!

Boston does not have the depth nor a 7 foot German who can shoot from anywhere on the court.

Count Zarth
05-26-2011, 06:59 AM

Deceiving statistic. Boston has two three point shooters.

The Mavericks have FIVE.

DaKCMan AP
05-26-2011, 07:03 AM
Deceiving statistic. Boston has two three point shooters.

The Mavericks have FIVE.

:LOL:

How many will be on the court at a single time?

DaKCMan AP
05-26-2011, 07:04 AM
Yes, let's applaud Dwayne Wade

I agree.

dirk digler
05-26-2011, 07:08 AM
This should be a real good finals again this year. I guess we will find out if the real Achilles heel for the Heat is it size because they haven't faced the size that the Mavs bring so far this year and the depth.

But this Heat team isn't the same team that played in the regular season and I could see them winning this series 4-1 or 4-2

Count Zarth
05-26-2011, 07:12 AM
:LOL:

How many will be on the court at a single time?

Last night the Mavericks had four three-point shooters on the court all at once late in the game.

The point is that the Mavericks can kill you with the three pointer via their starters or the bench. Dallas has made 133 three pointers this postseason. No other team even comes CLOSE.

dirk digler
05-26-2011, 07:15 AM
Last night the Mavericks had four three-point shooters on the court all at once late in the game.

The point is that the Mavericks can kill you with the three pointer via their starters or the bench. Dallas has made 133 three pointers this postseason. No other team even comes CLOSE.

They haven't really faced a defense like they are going to face with Miami.

Count Zarth
05-26-2011, 07:18 AM

Tell it to the Lakers.

DaKCMan AP
05-26-2011, 07:18 AM

You realize most teams can do that at the end of a game?

If Dallas goes with a lineup like that for a stretch of time they'll get murdered on the boards and on the defensive end.

dirk digler
05-26-2011, 07:19 AM
Tell it to the Lakers.

The Lakers weren't playing great D like Miami has been. No comparison

DaKCMan AP
05-26-2011, 07:20 AM

+1

dirk digler
05-26-2011, 07:24 AM
And clay Ray Allen is the best 3 point shooter in the game and he could barely get his shot off against the Heat. So take that for what it is worth

Count Zarth
05-26-2011, 07:25 AM
The Lakers weren't playing great D like Miami has been. No comparison

The Lakers and Heat had almost identical defensive statistics during the regular season, and the Lakers shut down New Orleans. The Lakers also had the TOP three-point defense in the conference during the regular season.

Then they ran into the Dallas FUCKING Mavericks.

DaKCMan AP
05-26-2011, 07:25 AM
And clay Ray Allen is the best 3 point shooter in the game and he could barely get his shot off against the Heat. So take that for what it is worth

When Bron & Wade want to close out on 3pt shooters, they do it. And well. Their defensive intensity and effort in the playoffs has been stellar.

Count Zarth
05-26-2011, 07:26 AM

Ray Allen was 15 for 30 in 5 games...try again.

dirk digler
05-26-2011, 07:32 AM
The Lakers and Heat had almost identical defensive statistics during the regular season, and the Lakers shut down New Orleans. The Lakers also had the TOP three-point defense in the conference during the regular season.

Then they ran into the Dallas FUCKING Mavericks.

This isn't the regular season. The Heat are playing the best defensively so far in the playoffs. They are giving up 87 points a game and the Mavs are giving up 93.

The one thing the Mavs do have in their favor besides size is they do have multiple scoring options and all their players can score. The Heat haven't faced that so far in the playoffs.

DaKCMan AP
05-26-2011, 07:32 AM
If you had any doubt before, the fact that GC think the path to victory in the NBA Finals is shooting a bunch of 3pt shots just shows how clueless he is about the NBA.

BigCatDaddy
05-26-2011, 07:33 AM
Anybody else think we are writing the Bulls off a little early? They have 2 of 3 at home left if they can steal one in Miami where they just went to OT. I prefer a Heat/Mavs series, but this feels different then the Mavs/Thunder series.

dirk digler
05-26-2011, 07:36 AM
Ray Allen was 15 for 30 in 5 games...try again.

You obviously didn't watch the games. He had two good games game 1, 5-8 and game 5, 5-10. The other 3 games he only hit 5 total out of 12 attempts

DaKCMan AP
05-26-2011, 07:38 AM
This isn't the regular season. The Heat are playing the best defensively so far in the playoffs. They are giving up 87 points a game and the Mavs are giving up 93.

The one thing the Mavs do have in their favor besides size is they do have multiple scoring options and all their players can score. The Heat haven't faced that so far in the playoffs.

True, but how many of those players can create their own shot? There's a difference between a guy who can score and a guy who can create scoring.

Count Zarth
05-26-2011, 07:38 AM
If you had any doubt before, the fact that GC think the path to victory in the NBA Finals is shooting a bunch of 3pt shots just shows how clueless he is about the NBA.

Defense wins championships. I'm just telling you how the Mavericks are going to exact revenge on the Heat. The team that can't defend the three-point shot in these playoffs.

Count Zarth
05-26-2011, 07:39 AM
You obviously didn't watch the games. He had two good games game 1, 5-8 and game 5, 5-10. The other 3 games he only hit 5 total out of 12 attempts

Yeah 5 for 12 on three pointers sucks. LMAO

Mavericks are going to bomb Miami like NBA terrorists.

DaKCMan AP
05-26-2011, 07:43 AM
Anybody else think we are writing the Bulls off a little early? They have 2 of 3 at home left if they can steal one in Miami where they just went to OT. I prefer a Heat/Mavs series, but this feels different then the Mavs/Thunder series.

No.

The Heat are better than the Bulls and aren't going to lose 3 in a row, including 1 at home where Miami is undefeated in the playoffs (the only undefeated team at home in the playoffs).

BigCatDaddy
05-26-2011, 07:46 AM
No.

The Heat are better than the Bulls and aren't going to lose 3 in a row, including 1 at home where Miami is undefeated in the playoffs (the only undefeated team at home in the playoffs).

I don't get the feeling the Heat are THAT much better then the Bulls. If Rose starts hitting at a decent percentage this series can change quick. I think it's unlikely they come back, but I'm not writing them off. I give them a 3-1 shot to pull off the comeback.

DaKCMan AP
05-26-2011, 07:48 AM
No.

Exact revenge? Dirk and Terry are the only 2 players still on the roster from the 2006 losers.

DaKCMan AP
05-26-2011, 07:49 AM
I don't get the feeling the Heat are THAT much better then the Bulls. If Rose starts hitting at a decent percentage this series can change quick. I think it's unlikely they come back, but I'm not writing them off. I give them a 3-1 shot to pull off the comeback.

Ok. :rolleyes:

Mr. Arrowhead
05-26-2011, 07:51 AM
#Avenge06boys

BigCatDaddy
05-26-2011, 07:53 AM

Hey man. I'm pulling for the Heat here, but I'm not sold the Bulls still can't win this series the way I was on the Mavs when they were up 3-1. So you are saying Heat in 6?

Los Pollos Hermanos
05-26-2011, 07:55 AM

The Bulls are done.

dirk digler
05-26-2011, 07:58 AM
True, but how many of those players can create their own shot? There's a difference between a guy who can score and a guy who can create scoring.

All of their starting 5 can.

DaKCMan AP
05-26-2011, 07:59 AM
Hey man. I'm pulling for the Heat here, but I'm not sold the Bulls still can't win this series the way I was on the Mavs when they were up 3-1. So you are saying Heat in 6?

6 at most.

loochy
05-26-2011, 08:00 AM
Exact revenge? Dirk and Terry are the only 2 players still on the roster from the 2006 losers.

...for the fans and for Cuban

loochy
05-26-2011, 08:02 AM
Yeah 5 for 12 on three pointers sucks. LMAO

Mavericks are going to bomb Miami like NBA terrorists.

Maybe. Peja seems to have forgotten how to shoot. His shots over the last 2 games aren't even close to going in. I really worry about guarding LeBron AND Wade at the same time.

Los Pollos Hermanos
05-26-2011, 08:03 AM
Who won the Peja/Durant 3 point bet? They both sucked at 3 pointers.

DaKCMan AP
05-26-2011, 08:05 AM
Nice homer article by Cote..

Miami Heat’s LeBron James proves his value is unmatched

BY GREG COTE

GCOTE@MIAMIHERALD.COM

I imagine there is a select group of a few dozen men scattered across America who are all in hiding at the moment. Considering name changes, maybe. Trying on wigs and fake mustaches in front of the bedroom mirror. Perhaps quietly seeking entry into the Witness Protection Program.

They are the guys who voted for Derrick Rose over LeBron James for Most Valuable Player of the NBA.

Sorry, fellas. No do-overs. You all are stuck with dubious ownership of the worst decision since “New Coke.” Maybe the worst sports decision involving Chicago since somebody in 1976 thought it would be neat for the White Sox to wear short pants.

If these playoffs in general, and Tuesday’s Heat-Bulls Game 4 in particular, have shown us anything, it is that Rose is a child dwarfed in the shadow of a full-grown man. And that individual disparity — James dominating Rose all over the court — is why Miami is in Chicago with a 3-1 Eastern Conference finals lead entering what could be a deciding game Thursday night.

Rose is a nice little player. LeBron is a monster.

Rose is the best player on his team. LeBron is the best basketball player on Earth.

Rose has not shrunk in this series because he was overrated or is just “off his game,” but rather because there is a 6-8, 250-pound thorn buried deep in his side.

This is not a knock on Rose, but an appreciation of James.

I followed him casually and from afar during his Cleveland years, seeing him in person only on rare occasions when the Cavaliers played here. All you got from that was the sketched outline of superstardom, snippets of highlight dunks, numbers on a stat sheet.

You have to see James up close for a season to take in every nuance of his game, from the locomotive strength and speed to the athleticism to the endurance to the ability find a higher gear and take over when the moment demands.

James is the best offensive player in the league when he needs to be, as Tuesday’s 35 points demonstrated. But it is the all-round play that is stunning. He could average a triple-double if it was his intention. He was 13 for 13 from the free-throw line Tuesday.

And defense? He is capable of guarding all five opponent positions.

I don’t mean all at the same time, although if anyone could …

This series James is guarding and utterly flummoxing Chicago’s most explosive player when it matters most, and the frustration in Rose’s voice is palpable. “It’s extremely hard when a 6-8 guy can easily defend you,” he said after Game 4.

After scoring 35 points, James said, “I love defense much more than I do [offense]. I take pride on that side of the floor.”

It just isn’t fair. James saying he prefers defense is like Renoir saying he prefers writing piano concertos. It’s like finding out the prettiest girl you’ve met actually is a rocket scientist.

It isn’t just LeBron, it is smothering team defense.

One might think a team with James and Dwyane Wade would be inclined (and forgiven) to be showy and offense-oriented at the expense of defense, but this is a squad of superstars and blue-collar ethic.

“Lunch-pail mentality,” Wade calls it.

Wade, by the way, is having a mortal series against the Bulls, averaging a well-below-normal 18.3 points, but there is no panic or even visible concern. It is because Chris Bosh has picked up some of that slack, because ferocious defense makes up for so, so much, and mostly because LeBron is around — at the absolute top of his game — to seemingly make everything OK.

There was much talk of LeBron’s “brand” and “legacy” being irreparably damaged when he left Cleveland for “South Beach.”

That is worth revisiting.

Look, most Cavs fans will never forgive him for the manner in which he left. Many others will always see him an easy villain, too. That infamous T he Decision TV show will remain an indelible smudge on his résumé.

Get this right, though. LeBron’s brand and legacy are growing before our eyes, and the ceiling on that growth is so high it cannot be seen. Games like Tuesday night grow it. Suffocating Rose grows it. His elusive first NBA championship will grow it.

Question how James left Cleveland. That will always be fair. But after this postseason and this series, don’t you dare question why any more.

The scariest thing about this Heat team — scary-good for Miami fans and plain scary for opponents — is that this was supposed to be the transition year without the realistic title expectation.

There isn’t a member of the Heat organization who doesn’t believe next season’s team should be even better, after a year of playing together, with a healthy Udonis Haslem and Mike Miller for a full year and with an added piece or two.

Haslem and Miller erase the issue of Miami’s formerly weak depth and bench. Haslem gave the spark that won Game 2 of this series. Miller, his newborn baby in the hospital, found the mental toughness to come up huge Tuesday night.

Depth is suddenly so much better that James Jones, who scored 25 off the bench in Game 1 of the Celtics series, can’t get back in the rotation.

This looks like the best team in the league right now, and like a team that will only get better.

“We’re still feeling our way around this,” Bosh said earlier this week, “as crazy as that sounds.”

Crazy, yes.

Crazy like your wildest dream.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/05/26/v-fullstory/2235532/miami-heats-lebron-james-proves.html#ixzz1NT1kdfYZ

DaKCMan AP
05-26-2011, 08:06 AM
...for the fans and for Cuban

The fans and Cuban don't play on the court.

Count Zarth
05-26-2011, 08:08 AM
Who won the Peja/Durant 3 point bet? They both sucked at 3 pointers.

Peja 5-21 .238

Durant 7-30 .233

BATTLE OF TITANS

(I lose by 2 three pointers :#)

loochy
05-26-2011, 08:08 AM
The fans and Cuban don't play on the court.

No, but the players understand that the country thinks of them as losers and chokers because of that (and other playoff episodes), regardless of who is left.

DaKCMan AP
05-26-2011, 08:10 AM
No, but the players understand that the country thinks of them as losers and chokers because of that (and other playoff episodes), regardless of who is left.

Maybe Dirk and Terry, but I doubt Kidd, Chandler, etc. are going into the series with revenge as their motivation.

loochy
05-26-2011, 08:12 AM

Maybe Dirk and Terry, but I doubt Kidd, Chandler, etc. are going into the series with revenge as their motivation.

You think they like being known as losers and chokers for something they had nothing to do with? I'm pretty sure they want to put that to rest too.

Mr. Arrowhead
05-26-2011, 08:13 AM

Maybe not, but they will go into thinking, this is pretty much my last shot.

DaKCMan AP
05-26-2011, 08:14 AM
You think they like being known as losers and chokers for something they had nothing to do with? I'm pretty sure they want to put that to rest too.

I think you're making too much of it..

Maybe not, but they will go into thinking, this is pretty much my last shot.

This would make much more sense.

loochy
05-26-2011, 08:17 AM
I think you're making too much of it..

This would make much more sense.

I probably am since I am a huge fan.

Also, I hate the Heat anyway for last offseason's shenanigans and overall douchebaggery.

DaKCMan AP
05-26-2011, 08:19 AM
I probably am since I am a huge fan.

Also, I hate the Heat anyway for last offseason's shenanigans and overall Awesomeness..

FYP

:thumb:

:D

Count Zarth
05-26-2011, 09:22 AM
lol

http://i55.tinypic.com/2vtzmmx.png

loochy
05-26-2011, 09:23 AM
lol

http://i55.tinypic.com/2vtzmmx.png

lolwut

Mr. Arrowhead
05-26-2011, 09:53 AM
dam its crazy to think, that since 1998 only 3 teams have won the Western Conference, Lakers, Spurs, and Mavs

Count Zarth
05-26-2011, 09:55 AM
Guys on the radio are laughing about Maynor waving off everyone to take the go-ahead shot last night against Dirk. Didn't he airball that shit? I would hate that guy forever if I was a Thunder fan.

DBOSHO
05-26-2011, 10:44 AM
You're turning into Hootie.

okcchief
05-26-2011, 10:55 AM
Guys on the radio are laughing about Maynor waving off everyone to take the go-ahead shot last night against Dirk. Didn't he airball that shit? I would hate that guy forever if I was a Thunder fan.

There were a number of plays from everyone that could of made a difference in the last few games. No one showed up when it counted.

The experience was invaluable and will make them better. Dallas just knows how to finish and we don't. Can't pin shit on one player.

loochy
05-26-2011, 11:10 AM
There were a number of plays from everyone that could of made a difference in the last few games. No one showed up when it counted.

The experience was invaluable and will make them better. Dallas just knows how to finish and we don't. Can't pin shit on one player.

I never thought I'd see the day when opposing fans would say this. It feels good.

58-4ever
05-26-2011, 05:15 PM
I never thought I'd see the day when opposing fans would say this. It feels good.

Enjoy it, because the Thunder are going to dominate the western conference for the next 7-10 years.

whoman69
05-26-2011, 06:14 PM
Enjoy it, because the Thunder are going to dominate the western conference for the next 7-10 years.

Only if Westbrook becomes a real point guard. They would also need to sign their young players to long term contracts. Not easy in a market like OKC.

DaKCMan AP
05-26-2011, 06:31 PM
Time to finish dinner..

http://www.nba.com/heat/photos/hpg1011_haslemjames1_chi4_110524.jpg

..and move on to dessert.

DaKCMan AP
05-26-2011, 06:45 PM
Miami is an extremely confident team right now.

Los Pollos Hermanos
05-26-2011, 06:58 PM
Miami is an extremely confident team right now.

Yeah, because those douchebags have always been lacking in confidence before.

Posted from my iPhone

DaKCMan AP
05-26-2011, 07:29 PM
Mike Miller playing outstanding for the second game in a row.

DaKCMan AP
05-26-2011, 07:41 PM
bulls up 7 @ half, playing good d

Stryker
05-26-2011, 07:43 PM
Heat vs. Mavs

DaKCMan AP
05-26-2011, 08:30 PM
Flagrant on Boozer....legit
Foul on Noah....legit
Technical on Gibson....weak

dirk digler
05-26-2011, 08:38 PM
It is about time the Bulls play Kurt Thomas

-King-
05-26-2011, 08:52 PM
Kurt Thomas is who the Bulls needed in game 4. Noah was dog tired by the end and thats when the Bulls started getting dominated.

dirk digler
05-26-2011, 08:53 PM
Why no T on Wade for his emotional outburst?

okcchief
05-26-2011, 08:55 PM

Win now because there may be no tomorrow.

dirk digler
05-26-2011, 08:56 PM
Kurt Thomas is who the Bulls needed in game 4. Noah was dog tired by the end and thats when the Bulls started getting dominated.

They should have been playing him from the get go in this series.

-King-
05-26-2011, 09:00 PM
The "You suck" chants worked ROFL

dirk digler
05-26-2011, 09:03 PM
here comes the Heat

-King-
05-26-2011, 09:06 PM
Wow. You have to be kidding me.

dirk digler
05-26-2011, 09:06 PM
what a shot by Rose and then just an incredible shot by Wade

-King-
05-26-2011, 09:07 PM
HOLY FUCKING SHIT

DaKCMan AP
Um. Yeah.

Wade & James = the truth

dirk digler
tied...just amazing

okcchief
This seems familiar.

Buck
OOOOOOOOH WEEEEEEEE!

Simply Red
05-26-2011, 09:08 PM
Hello younsta' - I'm LBJ!! ..... he just said!

JASONSAUTO
Just WOW.
Posted via Mobile Device

Al Bundy
Damn. What a couple of shots by Lebron.

Simply Red
05-26-2011, 09:09 PM
Phenomenal dinner tonight - Heat ball.

dirk digler
05-26-2011, 09:09 PM