PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports **** Official 2011 NBA Playoffs Thread ****

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

58-4ever
04-21-2011, 09:59 PM
Hell, they should have won the past 2 games if they didn't fuck up late in the games.

And Nate McMillan had legitimate beef. Officials bent them over

spida_man23
04-21-2011, 10:35 PM
Finally. The season is far too long and meaningless but it's hard to pass up the NBA playoffs. Can't wait. Hoping Lebron can finally get that ring.

Ahh yeah nope ain't going to happen they aren't even going to make it to the championship game. they are going to make it to the last game before it where they get knocked out by the......................... CHICAGO BULLS ...

If lebron james had went to chicago then yeah he'd walk away with that ring...:thumb:

-King-
04-21-2011, 10:44 PM
Ahh yeah nope ain't going to happen they aren't even going to make it to the championship game. they are going to make it to the last game before it where they get knocked out by the......................... CHICAGO BULLS ...

If lebron james had went to chicago then yeah he'd walk away with that ring...:thumb:

DRose didn't want LeBron's me first attitude in Chicago.

PunkinDrublic
04-21-2011, 11:02 PM
And Nate McMillan had legitimate beef. Officials bent them over

:deevee: Please the better team won. Just be glad you even have a team in Oklahoma shitty.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-22-2011, 06:15 PM
LMAO at ESPN. "The Knicks vs. Celtics is the best rivalry in basketball history."

They are high.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-22-2011, 06:27 PM
LMAO 20-5 Celtics leading.

D'Antoni needs to fired yesterday. Nice defense.

Dylan
04-22-2011, 07:05 PM
pumpkin, They're not ready for prime time...

Where's dirk digler?

MELO __DY lol

better go check on nascrap http://planetsmilies.net/not-tagged-smiley-14836.gif

58-4ever
04-22-2011, 08:58 PM
I love how all the NBA teams are giving away t-shirts that make the fans part of the atmosphere. Kind of a college bb feel.

-King-
04-22-2011, 09:44 PM
ATL beats Magic. ROFL

dirk digler
04-22-2011, 09:48 PM
pumpkin, They're not ready for prime time...

Where's dirk digler?

MELO __DY lol

better go check on nascrap http://planetsmilies.net/not-tagged-smiley-14836.gif

It looked like they just gave up.

-King-
04-22-2011, 10:01 PM
Dammit Bynum.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-23-2011, 01:43 PM
LOL wow it looks like Chicago has a home game in Indiana.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-23-2011, 01:52 PM
I can't remember the last time I've seen the road team in the NBA have more fans than the home team.

SPATCH
04-23-2011, 01:53 PM
LOL wow it looks like Chicago has a home game in Indiana.

literally more Bulls fans there than Pacers fans... this is awesome

Chiefs Pantalones
04-23-2011, 02:10 PM
It looked like Rose sprained his left ankle pretty bad but he's back on the bench now. Hopefully we can close them out today so he can get some R&R on the ankle.

Pitt Gorilla
04-23-2011, 02:15 PM
The Pacers are a talented young team. They have several legit inside guys and good guard play. They'll be a top 5 Eastern team next year, IMO.

KevB
04-23-2011, 02:37 PM
The Pacers are a talented young team. They have several legit inside guys and good guard play. They'll be a top 5 Eastern team next year, IMO.

If Collison gets better and Granger stops settling for perimeter jumpers all the time, I completely agree.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fruit Ninja
04-23-2011, 02:49 PM
Pacers have came to play all 3 games, but can they hold on.

-King-
04-23-2011, 03:18 PM
The fan situation is kind of sad...but Chicago is right next to Indiana and the chicago metro alone has more people than the whole state of Indiana so I understand why it's like that.

DaKCMan AP
04-23-2011, 03:35 PM
Come on pacers, push it to another game!

-King-
04-23-2011, 03:39 PM
Korver did not shoot that in time.

DaKCMan AP
04-23-2011, 03:42 PM
Korver did not shoot that in time.

Yeah, just give chicago 3pts. Garbage.

DaKCMan AP
04-23-2011, 03:46 PM
Good job refs. They took away Korvers three.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-23-2011, 03:59 PM
Kudos to the Pacers, they've done a good job this game.

-King-
04-23-2011, 04:00 PM
Kudos to the Pacers, they've done a good job this game.

Except their last 4 possessions :facepalm:

But yeah, they deserved this win. And Chicago couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat right now.

-King-
04-23-2011, 04:03 PM
Come on Indiana ROFL dont lose this lead.

-King-
04-23-2011, 04:05 PM
Clear path foul :facepalm: Come on Pacers.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-23-2011, 04:06 PM
Except their last 4 possessions :facepalm:

But yeah, they deserved this win. And Chicago couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat right now.

I think it's a lack of playoff experience but Chicago really hasn't tried to take it to Indiana this series. They seem bored and the lack of experience is gonna hurt us against the Celtics. That's why I think we won't get past the C's. Lakers vs. Celtics again.

-King-
04-23-2011, 04:07 PM
http://th131.photobucket.com/albums/p316/sjonathan02/th_AndHereWeGo.gifhttp://media.photobucket.com/image/recent/Sesshoumaru_/random/AndHereWeGo.gif

-King-
04-23-2011, 04:11 PM
WHAT A FUCKING FAIL!

Buck
are you fucking kidding?

Buck
Great job by Boozer

Buck
04-23-2011, 04:12 PM
WTF, Dunleavy is still in the league?

-King-
04-23-2011, 04:12 PM
Someone please gif up that Pacer fan.

-King-
04-23-2011, 04:15 PM
Holy shit.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-23-2011, 04:16 PM
........wow

Buck
04-23-2011, 04:16 PM
gg pacers

Buck
04-23-2011, 04:18 PM
Korver, right?

DaKCMan AP
04-23-2011, 04:20 PM
Despite Indiana doing everything to blow the game, no sweep for the east's #1 seed.

-King-
Dumb execution.

Chiefs Pantalones
lol good work little pacers.

Buck
Wow, Pacers won ugly.

MIAdragon
04-23-2011, 04:21 PM
Suck it Bulls.

Fruit Ninja
04-23-2011, 06:53 PM
That was just an amazing come back by Portland. B Roy took the game over in the 4th. That was the best game of the play offs imo. wow

PunkinDrublic
04-23-2011, 07:01 PM
Refs really fucked us over down the stretch. Steve Javey is part of the crew that fucked us out of the championship in 2006. Bullshit overturn of the out of bounds call. Bullshit charge call on Dirk. One of Roys 3 pointers his foot was on the line. That being said they choked that lead and shouldn't have let them back in the game. Get the fucking ball to Dirk down the stretch!!!

Chiefs Pantalones
04-23-2011, 07:07 PM
Am I insane for thinking the Grizzlies will win this series?

Fruit Ninja
04-23-2011, 07:09 PM
Refs really ****ed us over down the stretch. Steve Javey is part of the crew that ****ed us out of the championship in 2006. Bullshit overturn of the out of bounds call. Bullshit charge call on Dirk. One of Roys 3 pointers his foot was on the line. That being said they choked that lead and shouldn't have let them back in the game. Get the ****ing ball to Dirk down the stretch!!!

I think it was off both of them. IMO should have been jump ball. I dont really think that fucked them. They fucked themselves.

Dallas held Portland to 1-16 shooting to start off the 3rd quarter.

Was just a classic Dallas Choke job.

Mr. Arrowhead
04-23-2011, 07:12 PM
I think it was off both of them. IMO should have been jump ball. I dont really think that ****ed them. They ****ed themselves.

Dallas held Portland to 1-16 shooting to start off the 3rd quarter.

Was just a classic Dallas Choke job.

why the fuck did i become a mavs fan, JFC

Chiefs Pantalones
04-23-2011, 07:14 PM
Nice stroke, Arthur. Representing KU ROCK CHALK! :)

Fruit Ninja
04-23-2011, 07:14 PM
why the **** did i become a mavs fan, JFC

Hey, i became a Chiefs fan and i am in Cali. Sometimes, it is what it is. haha

Mr. Arrowhead
04-23-2011, 07:16 PM
Hey, i became a Chiefs fan and i am in Cali. Sometimes, it is what it is. haha

yea i hear ya, i dont think i have ever been this frustrated about a mavs game since the good ol D Whistle 2006 finals.

dirk digler
04-23-2011, 07:26 PM
That was just an amazing come back by Portland. B Roy took the game over in the 4th. That was the best game of the play offs imo. wow

Damn I missed this game. There have been some really fucking great games so far and it is only going to get better.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-23-2011, 07:32 PM
Memphis is just bigger, faster and stronger than the Spurs. What a nightmare matchup in the first round.

PunkinDrublic
04-23-2011, 07:35 PM
why the **** did i become a mavs fan, JFC

I'm so fucking pissed right now. A veteran team shouldn't shit the bed like that. If they get the ball into Dirk and they drive to the basket they put that game away. Mark Cuban wonders why people are starting to not give a shit about the Mavs anymore todays game is a prime example of why.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-23-2011, 07:39 PM
I'm so ****ing pissed right now. A veteran team shouldn't shit the bed like that. If they get the ball into Dirk and they drive to the basket they put that game away. Mark Cuban wonders why people are starting to not give a shit about the Mavs anymore todays game is a prime example of why.

Dirk is almost as soft as Tim Duncan.

dirk digler
04-23-2011, 07:45 PM
Memphis is just bigger, faster and stronger than the Spurs. What a nightmare matchup in the first round.

yep.

Good first half for Memphis

Rudy lost the toss
04-23-2011, 07:52 PM
I'd be so happy if this season was all-for-not for the spurs. Worst fans in the nation

dirk digler
04-23-2011, 07:56 PM
Watching the highlights of the Blazers game I have to say I am extremely happy for Roy. He is one of the classiest guys in the sport and with what he has had to endure I actually feel sorry for him. He was on pace to be one of the great young players in the league but his knees thought otherwise.

-King-
04-23-2011, 08:17 PM
ROFL WTF happened? I stopped watching after the 3rd quarter when I decided that Portland couldn't come back. Wow.

KevB
04-23-2011, 09:01 PM
OJ Mayo is KILLING the Grizzlies. He either turns it over or takes a terrible shot every time he touches it.

Edit : then he hits a 3

Fruit Ninja
04-23-2011, 09:03 PM
The Spuds are in trouble if they lose this game.

DaKCMan AP
04-23-2011, 09:17 PM
Down go da spurs

Fruit Ninja
04-23-2011, 09:18 PM
lol, Damn, Spuds in serious shit down 2-1

KC native
04-23-2011, 11:04 PM
lol, Damn, Spuds in serious shit down 2-1

definitely not in serious shit yet. I didn't get to watch the game because I watched Davies suck it up at the ball park in Arlington.

If we lose the next game then I will be worried.

Fruit Ninja
04-23-2011, 11:24 PM
definitely not in serious shit yet. I didn't get to watch the game because I watched Davies suck it up at the ball park in Arlington.

I think they are in trouble now. I expect a 7 game series tho. Should be fun to watch.

OKC/Denver game is good as well. Damn good games all the way around today.

Spott
04-24-2011, 08:08 AM
Suck it Bulls.

Yeah, it sucks to have to win the series in 5 games instead of 4. Beating Atlanta won't be too hard, either.

DaKCMan AP
04-24-2011, 08:10 AM
Miami Heat puts fans’ belief system in sports to the test

BY DAN LE BATARD

DLEBATARD@MIAMIHERALD.COM

The upcoming trial is a landmark case: America v. Miami Heat. The judge? Scoreboard. The site? A different kind of Supreme Court. The verdict will be emotional and divisive. You’ve heard of Roe v. Wade. Prepare for the sports equivalent — Rose v. Wade.

Because, here comes a holy war between the science of sports and the religion of sports.

Can three disjointed Miami pieces conquer cohesion? Can talent trump team? Udonis Haslem and Mike Miller are broken, so “depth” and “bench” have been kicked out of the courtroom, and inexperienced Erik Spoelstra can’t be submitted as evidence for winning, either. It is about to be these three stars alone on a stage surrounded by fire and noise, just like last summer, against Boston and Chicago — America’s more palatable symbols for “team.” The Philadelphia 76ers were an inadequate prosecutor, not up for a trial of this size, but Boston and Chicago can form a better case with defenses that never rest.

If you are looking for a reason America hates a Heat squad whose motives, sacrifices and personalities are actually likeable — Really? LeBron James is going to give the late game over to Dwyane Wade? Just like that? — you need not point to a silly TV show last summer. All you need to do is understand that, by joining together, these three players not only walked into the church and urinated on the altar, but they also told the congregation they’ve been worshipping false gods all along.

America, and its sports fan base, tends to believe in humility and chemistry and leadership and the intangible religions. (And freedom, too, except for basketball free agents from Cleveland.) Hard-working America wasn’t built on three famous egos looking for a pioneering path that can be dismissed as a shortcut. That’s how Charlie Sheen does winning, not America.

What the Heat did doesn’t fit the narrative. Boston traded for the narrative. That’s more conventional. Chicago built and grew the narrative. That’s more honorable. What the Heat did has no precedent, no reference point, and choosing an unmarked path creates a reaction that either makes you look crazy or makes you look like Columbus.

GIVE ME TANGIBLES

Sports, in everything from movies to mythology, sells religion over science. The fake story of Rocky is easier to applaud than the real and human one of Mike Tyson. But if the villainous Heat wins, given the young coach and the injuries, doesn’t it render fairly irrelevant the importance of coaching, depth, bench and most of the intangibles? Doesn’t it dent the importance of team and even teammates? Doesn’t it disprove the religion?

I’m tilting at windmills. People who overvalue intangibles will continue to overvalue them even if the Heat wins the trophy because evidence isn’t enough. Chris Mooney wrote an interesting article for Mother Jones that wasn’t about sports but was. It was headlined “The Science Of Why We Don’t Believe Science,” and it was about how our brains fool us. An excerpt:

“An array of discoveries in psychology and neuroscience has demonstrated how our preexisting beliefs, far more than any new facts, can skew our thoughts and even color what we consider our most dispassionate and logical conclusions. … Reasoning is actually suffused with emotion. Not only are the two inseparable, but our positive or negative feelings about people, things, and ideas arise much more rapidly than our conscious thoughts, in a matter of milliseconds — fast enough to detect with an EEG device, but long before we’re aware of it. … It’s a basic human survival skill. We push threatening information away; we pull friendly information close. We apply fight-or-flight reflexes not only to predators but to data itself. … Our quick-fire emotions can set us on a course of thinking that’s highly biased, especially on topics we care a great deal about.”

Like, for example, sports. So many people want to believe in the religion of sports so badly that Derrick Rose, the current patron saint for magical winning, is going to be MVP of the league even though his efficiency metrics (the facts, in other words) say he is below the league average in two-point shooting, three-point shooting and the advanced metric of adjusted shooting percentage. Again, below the league average. But he’s a Winner Unicorn who happens to have the league’s best defense behind him so he wins Player of the Month in March even though he shot 41 percent and James shot 58 percent. James scored more while shooting less, which is kind of what you want.

“We all understand these mechanisms when it comes to interpersonal relationships,” Mooney writes. “If I don’t want to believe my spouse is being unfaithful, or my child is a bully, I can go to great lengths to explain away behavior that seems obvious to everybody else — everybody who isn’t too emotionally invested to accept it, anyway. That’s not to suggest that we aren’t also motivated to perceive the world accurately — we are. Or that we never change our minds — we do. It’s just that we have other important goals besides accuracy — including identity affirmation and protecting one’s sense of self — and often those make us highly resistant to changing our beliefs when the facts say we should. Modern science originated from an attempt to weed out such subjective lapses. Even if individual researchers are prone to falling in love with their own theories, the broader processes of peer review and institutionalized skepticism are designed to ensure that, eventually, the best ideas prevail.”

I’m unusually invested in the science of this Heat team. My investment is financial, as a season-ticket holder. And it is emotional, as someone who doesn’t like to see America mock and hate something that belongs to the only city I’ve ever loved. So I’m biased, too, and guilty of finding “facts” that could represent confirmation bias. But that grip on my wallet and heart isn’t even what makes the upcoming weeks so fun/exciting/interesting/scary for me.

This is: Not once in my lifetime has a team represented the things I believe quite like this one does.

Never mind wallet and heart. LeBron is bouncing my head around now, too. My logic. My entire belief system, really, when it comes to sports.

I get viewed as a contrarian and apologist because I tend to blaspheme in this church. I believe in science and math more than the unseen in sports, and that’s not very popular in this mythical, magical land people visit for escape. I’m not exactly a tourist; I’ve lived and worked here for 20 years. Heard the sermons. Talked to the high priests. The things that felt like miracles, I’ve talked a lot in private over two decades to the magicians who created the illusions, and they’ve changed my mind about things and shaped my current view.

So I don’t just bow my head and read blindly from the narratives that pass for scripture, praying to the gods of chemistry, clutch, coaching, leadership, etc. I prefer tangibles to intangibles, and this gets me viewed as a heretic/atheist when all I really am is agnostic.

STRONG EVIDENCE

But here’s what I believe: I believe in LeBron James, 6-8, 250 pounds, somehow going between his legs and behind his back while falling to pass to Wade for a dunk against Philadelphia. I believe in talent, in fast-twitch muscle fiber. I believe in metrics as measurements, and not the kinds that measure “heart” or “will.” And I believe basketball’s playoff system — best-of-7, only five players on the court at once — rewards individual talent over the idea of team.

I saw it with Ron Artest, who still doesn’t fit in champion Los Angeles, and Antoine Walker in 2006, though again I can be accused of holding that up as evidence when it is only evidence of confirmation bias — of supporting my preexisting view. But I’d have no room to move against Chicago. Miami is more talented, period. No one would argue otherwise. Miami’s three best are better than Chicago’s three best, and that has always been enough in this sport. It is a trickier question with Boston, where the Celtics have three old Hall of Famers and their four best might be better than Miami’s three best. But if Miami loses to Chicago in a best-of-7 series, I’d have to acknowledge that my belief system is flawed, that some of the intangibles must matter more than I think they do. To believe that chemistry matters now, though, would mean that I’d have to trade Wade for Ray Allen because Wade is too similar to James and Allen would be a better fit and make Miami a better team even as it is a less talented one.

So my faith — my entire belief system in sports — is about to be tested.

That’s kind of terrifying.

And I can’t wait.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/04/24/v-fullstory/2182651/miami-heat-puts-fans-belief-system.html#ixzz1KRgnW8ja

Mr. Arrowhead
04-24-2011, 08:13 AM
the Thuggets are done

KevB
04-24-2011, 08:58 AM

Grizzlies are a bad matchup for San Antonio, so they are absolutely in a dog fight. I think the Grizzlies win this series.

okcchief
04-24-2011, 10:05 AM
Thunder the fuck up!

Reaper16
04-24-2011, 12:45 PM
Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/04/24/v-fullstory/2182651/miami-heat-puts-fans-belief-system.html#ixzz1KRgnW8ja
The Miami Heat have fans?

Fruit Ninja
04-24-2011, 02:32 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2YneamUqN1w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Portland comeback

Fruit Ninja
04-24-2011, 02:32 PM
Holy fuck at Williams. wow

DaKCMan AP
04-24-2011, 02:33 PM
:cuss:

Dylan
04-24-2011, 02:33 PM
The Miami Heat have fans?

http://planetsmilies.net/not-tagged-smiley-16881.gif

Count Alex's Losses
04-24-2011, 02:35 PM
Anyone else think the refs raped Dallas last night? I was incensed.

Jason Terry fucking sucks though...

Fruit Ninja
04-24-2011, 02:35 PM
Sixers avoid the sweep if they make 2.

DaKCMan AP
04-24-2011, 02:36 PM
Hopefully the NYK can delay Boston's series win.

Fruit Ninja
04-24-2011, 02:41 PM
Anyone else think the refs raped Dallas last night? I was incensed.

Jason Terry ****ing sucks though...
Jason Terry was one of the main reasons why the Mavs were in the game, he played great in the first half.

When your up by 23 and blow it, the ref's didnt make that happen. Ref's didnt magically make the ball go into the hoop when brandon Roy took over.

The only thing that could even be called iffy was the out of bounds play, but the game should have never gotten that close.

Chocolate Hog
04-24-2011, 02:45 PM
Why are Knicks fans so quick to say fire D'Antoni? I realize they've gotten their ass kicked thus far but they've been rebuilding for 7 years.

Count Alex's Losses
04-24-2011, 02:46 PM
Jason Terry was one of the main reasons why the Mavs were in the game, he played great in the first half.

He was like 5 for 17 shooting and turned the ball over like a jackass all game long.

He's terrible, and awful in the clutch.

-King-
04-24-2011, 05:25 PM
Why are Knicks fans so quick to say fire D'Antoni? I realize they've gotten their ass kicked thus far but they've been rebuilding for 7 years.

Because he's an arrogant coach who won't adjust his system even when it's obvious it won't get teams to the Championship game. 105 ppg allowed is not a great stat if you want to win a trophy.

-King-
04-24-2011, 05:26 PM
Jeez! the Heat are 1-19 in the final 10 seconds when trailing by 3 or tied.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-24-2011, 06:13 PM

Their season ends in the second round.

Anyone else think Dwight Howard is a whiny bitch?

Mr. Laz
04-24-2011, 06:43 PM
oh yea, Hinrich sucks.

Just Passin' By
04-24-2011, 06:44 PM
Hopefully the NYK can delay Boston's series win.

No dice on that

http://i56.tinypic.com/1zmczk9.jpg

-King-
04-24-2011, 08:48 PM
Let me get this straight...

You have Jameer Nelson, JJ Redick, Ryan Anderson, and Richardson...and yet you give the last shot to turkey glue?

-King-
04-24-2011, 08:50 PM
No dice on that

http://i56.tinypic.com/1zmczk9.jpgROFLROFL

Reaper16
04-24-2011, 08:52 PM
My Life Is Pain

Count Alex's Losses
04-24-2011, 09:55 PM
Kobe is such a fraud. In 3.5 games he's had 1.5 games of utter shit. Fuck off, Kobe.

Buck
04-24-2011, 10:17 PM
My best friend is a Hornets fan and I'm a Lakers fan. This has been a fun series.

DJ's left nut
04-24-2011, 11:09 PM
Kobe looks sooooooo tired.

He just doesn't have the legs right now. That was a wide-open 3 and he just didn't get his legs under it.

I still think this is Kobe's last year as a truly elite ballplayer. He's just aged so much this season.

DJ's left nut
04-24-2011, 11:13 PM

Because D'Antoni can't win with the roster he's been given.

D'Antoni's system is what I've always referred to as a 'communist' system. It makes C level players look like B level players, it makes A level players look like B level players. Well, except for PGs, it allows great PGs to remain great.

The problem is that Stoudamire and Anthony are isolation players. Neither of those guys are effective when asked to play a running system that relies on ball movement to create mis-matches. Those guys need the ball in their hands with the opportunity to physically impose their will on their opponent.

If you have a roster with Anthony and Stoudamire, you can't have D'Antoni as its coach. I don't think he's a horrid coach (though I do think he's vastly overrated). I do think he's a horrid coach for that personnel group.

tk13
04-24-2011, 11:16 PM
And Kobe just looked Gasol under the bus.

DJ's left nut
04-24-2011, 11:17 PM
YOU SMELLY, SOFT MOTHERFUCKING EUROPUSSY! PLEASE TRY SUCKING LESS!

Jesus tapdancing Christ. Gasol's little brother has outplayed the fuck of that shithead in this first round.

DJ's left nut
04-24-2011, 11:19 PM
And Kobe just looked Gasol under the bus.

He should've punched him in the fucking face.

With the way Gasol has played for 14 of 16 quarters in this series, he deserves whatever stinkeye he gets. Gasol has generally been the worst Laker on the floor for every minute he's been on the floor.

Great Expectations
04-24-2011, 11:25 PM
NOLA fans shouldve been chanting conspiracy instead of derogatory remarks at Kobe. Looks like they hang on to win despite the 6th man.

-King-
04-24-2011, 11:39 PM
God dammit Kobe.

God dammit Pau.

Seriously, our two best players have been our two most inconstant. Aggravating to say the least.

DJ's left nut
04-24-2011, 11:48 PM
God dammit Kobe.

God dammit Pau.

Seriously, our two best players have been our two most inconstant. Aggravating to say the least.

The mileage is just piling up on Kobe. I don't fault him - the effort's there.

Pau Gasol, on the other hand, can fucking off himself this evening for all I care. That asshole has essentially taken the last 2 months off and I'm tired of it. Make Bynum the starting center, move Odom to the 4 and tell Gasol he can have his job back when he fucking earns it.

Suck my dick, Gasol you lazy fuckstick.

KC_Connection
04-25-2011, 12:11 AM
The Lakers are playing with a complete lack of effort, particularly Gasol. They've done this before in the playoffs, though, so it's no reason to write them off yet.

KC_Connection
04-25-2011, 12:13 AM
I hope some are seeing the significant difference between LeBron and Kobe, though. It's really not all that close anymore.

Pitt Gorilla
04-25-2011, 12:14 AM
LOL at Bynum trying to guard CP.

-King-
04-25-2011, 12:20 AM
I hope some are seeing the significant difference between LeBron and Kobe, though. It's really not all that close anymore.

Yeah...wanna bet that LeBron won't be half as good as Kobe when he's 32?

KC_Connection
04-25-2011, 12:35 AM
Yeah...wanna bet that LeBron won't be half as good as Kobe when he's 32?
I'm quite sure LeBron will still be a great player in 5-6 years. Perhaps he won't play with the same incredible physicality that he does now, but he'll still have the great vision, scoring ability (with a knack for creating contact) and defensive skills.

-King-
04-25-2011, 08:41 PM
It's over Spurs. You had a good run.

KC native
04-25-2011, 09:02 PM
That was absolutely one of te most fucking bullshit jobs of officiating I have ever fucking seen. Fucking penalty at 8:38 left in the quarter, getting mugged anytime they drive the lane yet they can't even fucking breathe on memphis.That being siad the spurs definitely didn't help themselves. After the ref induced rally the spurs shot themselves in the foot.

KC native
04-25-2011, 09:06 PM
Game over. Spurs got raped by the refs to start the 3rd and have now completely pussed out.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-25-2011, 09:06 PM
The Grizzlies are just flat out better.

KC native
04-25-2011, 09:07 PM
Oh and fuck richard jefferson's choking ass.

KC native
04-25-2011, 09:08 PM
The Grizzlies are just flat out better.

The spurs are trying to play like their old teams but we don't have the team for that anymore. It is fucking frustrating as shit to watch them come out andplay completely different than we have all year.

dirk digler
04-25-2011, 09:12 PM
I like this Memphis team

KC native
04-25-2011, 09:12 PM
Just ftr fuck richard jefferson again. Fucking choking worthless piece of overpaid shit.

SNR
04-25-2011, 09:20 PM
LOL @ the Spurs

okcchief
04-25-2011, 09:20 PM
Gasol has played like shit this year but he was the main man in last years title run. I wouldn't quite call him shit yet but I'm not a spoiled as Lakers fan.

-King-
04-25-2011, 09:21 PM
Gasol has played like shit this year but he was the main man in last years title run. I wouldn't quite call him shit yet but I'm not a spoiled as Lakers fan.

It's weird... It's like him and his brother switched bodies. Marc is playing great and Pau is playing like shit.

Mr. Arrowhead
04-25-2011, 09:28 PM
Tyson chandler is playing like a man
Posted via Mobile Device

PunkinDrublic
04-25-2011, 09:58 PM
Tyson chandler is playing like a man
Posted via Mobile Device

Much better job driving to the basket tonight by the Mavs.

KevB
04-25-2011, 10:20 PM
Game over. Spurs got raped by the refs to start the 3rd and have now completely pussed out.

You can't be serious. The Grizz were the aggressors the entire second half, so yeah, they had a FT advantage. Spurs appear to be shot at this point. They could have played with no refs and the score would have been the same. This game was all about the benches IMO. Arthur, Mayo, Vasquez, etc. made an imprint on this game, while the Spurs bench did next to nothing. And that's a Spurs team that felt pretty good about their bench throughout the season. Blair has disappeared, Neal isn't knocking down shots at his usual rate, and Hill has been hot and cold.

Fruit Ninja
04-25-2011, 10:31 PM
Funny is whenever a team loses, people always blame the ref's. Doesnt matter if its football or basketball. lol

Teams just cant lose because they werent good enough.

58kcfan89
04-26-2011, 12:42 AM
If Westbrook doesn't totally crap himself in the last 5 minutes, I think the Thunder woulda swept. His lack of effort in getting back led to a Gallinari 3, his 3 when OKC was down 2 was a dumb shot and the last two 3s he took were awful (although the one at the buzzer is understandable).

Oh well, get em in OKC I guess (hope).

okcchief
04-26-2011, 12:48 AM
Westbrook throws up one of those games every now and then. The reasons you love him are the reasons you hate him. We played awful to still be that close. I think we close them in OKC Wednesday in easy fashion. If not the series gets harry real quick.

Count Alex's Losses
04-26-2011, 01:13 AM
With San Antonio losing...the only teams in the West that scare me are NO, because Dallas has no one that can take Paul, and LA, just because they are fucking LA.

Mavs should wrap up this series....they looked really good last night. Impressed as hell with Terry, Dirk and Chandler.

DaKCMan AP
04-26-2011, 07:32 AM

James is 1-for-8 in the final 10 seconds of games tied or trailing by three points or fewer. Dwyane Wade is 0-for-5. The Heat is 1-for-19.
Kevin Durant is 1-for-10 in that situation.

But no one talks about that..

Swanman
04-26-2011, 08:08 AM
You can't be serious. The Grizz were the aggressors the entire second half, so yeah, they had a FT advantage. Spurs appear to be shot at this point. They could have played with no refs and the score would have been the same. This game was all about the benches IMO. Arthur, Mayo, Vasquez, etc. made an imprint on this game, while the Spurs bench did next to nothing. And that's a Spurs team that felt pretty good about their bench throughout the season. Blair has disappeared, Neal isn't knocking down shots at his usual rate, and Hill has been hot and cold.

Last night everything clicked for the Grizz. Conley and Allen actually started hitting jump shots, which is a huge bonus for the team. Gasol and Randolph played their normal stellar games. Battier and Mayo did some great things off the bench, especially when the game was close in the third. Last but not least, Darrell Arthur was a beast last night.

And to think, the Grizz are missing one of their best players right now.

okcchief
04-26-2011, 08:26 AM
James is 1-for-8 in the final 10 seconds of games tied or trailing by three points or fewer. Dwyane Wade is 0-for-5. The Heat is 1-for-19.
Kevin Durant is 1-for-10 in that situation.

But no one talks about that..

The entire league is horrible in those situations. The difference is your team threw a party before they won shit. You can't complain that the spotlight is on them. They put it there.

Mr. Arrowhead
04-26-2011, 08:35 AM
With San Antonio losing...the only teams in the West that scare me are NO, because Dallas has no one that can take Paul, and LA, just because they are ****ing LA.

Mavs should wrap up this series....they looked really good last night. Impressed as hell with Terry, Dirk and Chandler.

Jason Terry still pisses me off, with all his stupid ass jump shots

Deberg_1990
04-26-2011, 08:36 AM
Yea, Spurs are done. They might win at home the next game but after that its over..

Im thinking a team shakeup might be in order in the offseason, which sounds crazy after they won 61 games...LOL. BUt they have really been weak the last month of the season.

Their supporting cast this year is weak. They have no Robert Horry, Bruce Bowen or Steve Kerr to make clutch shots. Plus, Duncan is ageing and he has no help inside at all. Pop isnt playing Splitter much or hes not ready.....

Mr. Arrowhead
04-26-2011, 08:37 AM
Funny is whenever a team loses, people always blame the ref's. Doesnt matter if its football or basketball. lol

this is true, I officiate basketball and football from little league to high school, and when the team that loses says something about how bad the officials are 95% of the time. Little league is the worst tho.

DaKCMan AP
04-26-2011, 08:41 AM
The entire league is horrible in those situations. The difference is your team threw a party before they won shit. You can't complain that the spotlight is on them. They put it there.

Not complaining about the spotlight, just pointing out that some statistical observations are way overblown.

Spott
04-26-2011, 09:21 PM
Indiana is done. Bring on the Hawks.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-26-2011, 09:37 PM
Bye-bye Pacers. GO BULLS!

Great Expectations
04-26-2011, 10:07 PM
The refs won't let the lakers lose this one. BS call on Ariza, Kobe's ankle looks fine.

dirk digler
04-26-2011, 10:37 PM
Ariza is on fire tonight

dirk digler
04-26-2011, 10:40 PM
Oh shit Kobe just made an incredible dunk over Okafor

Fruit Ninja
04-26-2011, 10:45 PM
Kobe hell of posterized Okafor. wow

Fruit Ninja
04-27-2011, 01:22 AM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xsGr-DJfhgM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
http://postgametalk.net/forums/images/kobeyuck.png
oooooh

Fruit Ninja
04-27-2011, 01:33 AM
http://ploader.net/files/9d9b52ae5aa85bc9c80a30c2bcd8c41a.gif

Gif.

KC_Connection
04-27-2011, 01:34 AM
I was shocked when he dunked that. Didn't know he was capable of that anymore.

Fruit Ninja
04-27-2011, 01:35 AM
Me either. Everyone kept saying. Old Number 8 is back today. lol

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2011, 04:04 AM
Wow. Respect for Kobe.

Dallas/LA in the WC final.

Los Pollos Hermanos
04-27-2011, 06:38 AM
Wow. Respect for Kobe.

Dallas/LA in the WC final.

The Mavs and Lakers can't meet in the WC final. They will play each other in the next round if they both advance.

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2011, 06:40 AM
The Mavs and Lakers can't meet in the WC final. They will play each other in the next round if they both advance.

I thought highest seed played lowest remaining seed...guess not though. That's dumb.

Los Pollos Hermanos
04-27-2011, 06:43 AM
I thought highest seed played lowest remaining seed...guess not though. That's dumb.

Nope. They've been talking of changing that every year but they never have.

DJ's left nut
04-27-2011, 10:04 AM
The spurs are trying to play like their old teams but we don't have the team for that anymore. It is fucking frustrating as shit to watch them come out andplay completely different than we have all year.

The Spurs came out and chucked 3 pointers with reckless abandon all year. In the playoffs, teams are going to adjust to that when they get repeated shots at you. They're also going to run your shooters around and sap their legs. Suddenly those 3 balls are coming in flat and you have to come up with a new plan. Unfortunately for the Spurs, they simply don't have the personnel for a new plan because they aren't very good. They played 82 games like a college team and when the grown-ups showed up for the playoffs, the Spurs didn't have anything to offer.

I've been saying this all season long - the Spurs are nothing. They haven't been even a slight worry of mine the entire season. The Mavs are scary as hell to me, as are the Thunder. The Spurs, OTOH, would've been an easier matchup than the Hornets.

Granted, the Spurs are a veteran group that could rise up and slap the Griz when the young guys lay up a little. That's the benefit of age. The downside is that they're pretty much shot after that.

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2011, 10:10 AM
The Mavs are scary as hell to me

Just wondering why.

I'm really fed up with horrible guard play. Terry is good one night, downright awful the next. Kidd is the same way and neither of them can guard players like Kobe or Paul, which is a constant thorn in Dallas' side.

Dirk has been good, but he needs to be great for this team to beat LA. Frankly, he's starting to look a little old.

Bottom line: the Mavs need Dirk, Marion and Terry playing like they did in the last game consistently to knock off LA...and I don't know if they can do that.

DJ's left nut
04-27-2011, 10:10 AM
I was shocked when he dunked that. Didn't know he was capable of that anymore.

I'm quietly hoping that he's been sandbagging all season.

Last year he looked pretty bad down the stretch as well. Then came the Suns and Jazz series' where he absolutely imposed his will on both squads.

A similar parallel could be made to Chris Paul. Paul looked human for large stretches of the season then in the last couple of weeks he looked like he turned it on. That has carried over to the post-season.

Sometimes you wonder if Kobe isn't just conserving his energy and picking his spots. There's a lot of wear on those knees and maybe he realizes that. One things for certain - that was more burst than I thought he had in him. His LH dunk through the lane was more tame but still showed nice explosion.

He might have another gear afterall. I certainly hope so because Pau seems content to rely on his teammates to do the heavy lifting.

DJ's left nut
04-27-2011, 10:16 AM
Just wondering why.

I'm really fed up with horrible guard play. Terry is good one night, downright awful the next. Kidd is the same way and neither of them can guard players like Kobe or Paul, which is a constant thorn in Dallas' side.

Dirk has been good, but he needs to be great for this team to beat LA. Frankly, he's starting to look a little old.

Bottom line: the Mavs need Dirk, Marion and Terry playing like they did in the last game consistently to knock off LA...and I don't know if they can do that.

Because when Dirk is healthy, they've been damn near unbeatable this season, it's pretty much that simple.

When he's been injured, they've gone into serious funks. But they had multiple stretches where they put together runs like 17-1 behind a healthy Dirk. Chandler has provided a defensive presence in the middle that they didn't have before and it allows Dirk to play his 'Bird' role where he can cheat a little defensively to be a dominant offensive force.

The nice thing about the Mavs is that the Lakers actually match up well against them. Dirk is clearly their primary guy and Odom was essentially built to be a pain in Dirk's ass. He's just as long as Nowitzki but and he's a fair amount quicker. He can't really do anything about the fact that Nowitzki shoots the ball from behind his head, but he can absolutely stay in front of him and keep a hand in his face. There are few 4s in the league that can make that claim. Then again, Dirk's far smarter than Odom and may just do some Jedi mind tricks on him. I swear, Odom's one of the dumbest players I've ever seen.

Also nice is that Kidd is the kind of physical, 'crafty' guard that Fisher can stay with. A guy like Paul will destroy the Lakers and require that Kobe cover him defensively (thus making his offense suffer). But with the Mavs, Fish can stay with Kidd leaving Kobe to dedicate his energy to the offensive end.

The matchups with the Mavs are very nice for LA, but there's just no getting around the fact that the Mavs were probably the best team in the league this season when Dirk was healthy.

Mr. Arrowhead
04-27-2011, 10:57 AM
Dont know if its true or not, but i saw a few rumors that Caron Butler might play in the next round, if so, that would be huge lift for the Mavs.

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2011, 10:58 AM
Dont know if its true or not, but i saw a few rumors that Caron Butler might play in the next round, if so, that would be huge lift for the Mavs.

That would be huge. Another shooter and a guard who can actually defend.

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2011, 11:15 AM
EKS_MavsNBA Earl K. Sneed
BREAKING: Caron Butler will be cleared for contact next week!!!

dirk digler
04-27-2011, 11:16 AM
Just wondering why.

IMHO the key is Tyson Chandler. He is added a dimension to that team that they hadn't had before.

Los Pollos Hermanos
04-27-2011, 12:07 PM
IMHO the key is Tyson Chandler. He is added a dimension to that team that they hadn't had before.

And when he got in foul trouble in Portland, the Mavs lost. No doubt Chandler is the difference in this team this season.

Los Pollos Hermanos
04-27-2011, 12:08 PM
And my 4 year old can shoot free throws better than Haywood.

KevB
04-27-2011, 09:48 PM

Memphis is currently winning, so I'm not a whining fan (at least not this second), but foul counts with four minutes left : Grizz 23 Spurs 12

58-4ever
04-27-2011, 09:53 PM
Memphis is currently winning, so I'm not a whining fan (at least not this second), but foul counts with four minutes left : Grizz 23 Spurs 12

Spurs=desperate team that needs to foul in order to keep up with the Griizzlies speed.

P.S. I feel ridiculous talking about the Grizzlies

-King-
04-27-2011, 09:55 PM
Spurs=desperate team that needs to foul in order to keep up with the Griizzlies speed.

P.S. I feel ridiculous talking about the Grizzlies

Eh, it's not the Grizzlies speed that is a mismatch. It's the Grizzlies size.

Zach Randolph just made a shot to put the Grizzlies up 3 with 13 seconds to go.

58-4ever
04-27-2011, 09:55 PM
Wow. Randolph with the closer!

-King-
04-27-2011, 09:58 PM
Damn, kind of like the Lakers inbounds play a couple days back.

Now it's on Zach.

-King-
04-27-2011, 09:59 PM
Clutch FTs.

SNR
04-27-2011, 10:00 PM
LOL @ the Spurs

Flush that flopping pussy Ginobili down the fucking toilet.

Shit... well, whatever

-King-
04-27-2011, 10:00 PM
OH FUCKING SHIT

-King-
04-27-2011, 10:01 PM
Thats a 2 ROFL

KevB
04-27-2011, 10:04 PM
Manu is a baller

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2011, 10:05 PM
Eat shit San Antonio

-King-
04-27-2011, 10:08 PM
OH FUCKING SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

DBOSHO
OOOOHHHH

SNR
fuck.

Touche, Spurs. Touche.

KevB
04-27-2011, 10:09 PM
Why the F was Mayo in the game there? He's a terrible defender.

Al Bundy
04-27-2011, 10:09 PM
Spurs got lucky...

58-4ever
04-27-2011, 10:10 PM
Let's extend this series!

Al Bundy
04-27-2011, 10:10 PM
Battier with the defensive failure.

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2011, 10:11 PM
fuck off spurs...lucky ass shit

Spott
04-27-2011, 10:12 PM
Damn, you have to win that game if you're the 8 seed trying to knock off the 1.

KevB
04-27-2011, 10:13 PM
Damn, you have to win that game if you're the 8 seed trying to knock off the 1.

Tough to stop 2 straight prayers inside the last 10 seconds.

highBOLTage
04-27-2011, 10:16 PM
Tough to stop 2 straight prayers inside the last 10 seconds.

Pathetic strategy cost them. With 3 seconds left, it should've been a catch and shoot (ridiculously high) situation. Either the game is over or you are shooting 3 FTs (if they are quick enough to foul).

KevB
04-27-2011, 10:18 PM
Pathetic strategy cost them. With 3 seconds left, it should've been a catch and shoot (ridiculously high) situation. Either the game is over or you are shooting 3 FTs (if they are quick enough to foul).

Which is why I'm wondering why Mayo was in the game to play the defense he played. Somehow overruns the inbounds to give Neal a free look, albeit from very deep.

-King-
04-27-2011, 10:19 PM
God dammit. Spurs will win.

KevB
04-27-2011, 10:20 PM
Down the stretch, the Grizz have executed like a team that has never won anything.

highBOLTage
04-27-2011, 10:21 PM
Which is why I'm wondering why Mayo was in the game to play the defense he played. Somehow overruns the inbounds to give Neal a free look, albeit from very deep.

I was referring to their offensive possession for MEM where Randolph just caught it and awaited a foul (and then hit both his FTs).

KevB
04-27-2011, 10:24 PM
I was referring to their offensive possession for MEM where Randolph just caught it and awaited a foul (and then hit both his FTs).

Grizz didn't do anything wrong on the offensive end, not sure what you're saying? Grizz inbounded the ball and made their free throws.

highBOLTage
04-27-2011, 10:29 PM
Grizz didn't do anything wrong on the offensive end, not sure what you're saying? Grizz inbounded the ball and made their free throws.

They should have shot the ball with a higher arch (or just thrown the ball straight up in the air) as soon as they caught it with 3 seconds left so the time runs out. If the Spurs do get lucky and get a foul called, MEM will get 3 FTs

Mr. Arrowhead
04-27-2011, 10:32 PM
meh, spurs will get hammered in Memphis in game 6

KC native
04-27-2011, 10:35 PM
The Spurs came out and chucked 3 pointers with reckless abandon all year. In the playoffs, teams are going to adjust to that when they get repeated shots at you. They're also going to run your shooters around and sap their legs. Suddenly those 3 balls are coming in flat and you have to come up with a new plan. Unfortunately for the Spurs, they simply don't have the personnel for a new plan because they aren't very good. They played 82 games like a college team and when the grown-ups showed up for the playoffs, the Spurs didn't have anything to offer.

I've been saying this all season long - the Spurs are nothing. They haven't been even a slight worry of mine the entire season. The Mavs are scary as hell to me, as are the Thunder. The Spurs, OTOH, would've been an easier matchup than the Hornets.

Granted, the Spurs are a veteran group that could rise up and slap the Griz when the young guys lay up a little. That's the benefit of age. The downside is that they're pretty much shot after that.

No, the Spurs got a shit load of open 3's because they moved the ball and played extremely up tempo. They were a run and gun team. In this series they have relied to much on a half court offense and have settled for too many poor shots because they weren't making that additional pass. In the days of Spurs defense, that was fine. Now that defense is kind of an afterthought, that's not going to win them games.

If you notice in tonight's game, they played great in the first half when they were moving the ball and moving without the ball. In the 3rd they started to get lackadaisical about this and the Grizzlies came back and took the lead. They start driving and dishing again and the Spurs come back and take it in overtime.

I don't really like our chances in Memphis on Friday now though. The Grizzlies will be fired up and I have a feeling that a sapped and tired Spurs will show up. I hope I'm wrong and the Spurs become the 9th team to come back from 3-1 but I don't really see it happening.

KevB
04-27-2011, 11:19 PM
Yet another crazy game

Great Expectations
04-27-2011, 11:22 PM
Who ever is saying Durant chokes as much as Bron Bron can stfu. That dude is nails.

SNR
04-27-2011, 11:24 PM
The Thunder flush the Nuggets down the toilet

58-4ever
04-27-2011, 11:50 PM
The Thunder flush the Nuggets down the toilet

Serge Ibaka for Governor!

Pitt Gorilla
04-28-2011, 12:06 AM
Serge Ibaka for Governor!That could happen, but Durant would have to be grand emperor.

okcchief
04-28-2011, 01:37 AM
That game was fucking incredible to be at. KD willed the team to victory. I'm still amped up hours later. It's nice to have a team win in the playoffs again :)

I'm really not sure if I want to play the Grizzlies or Spurs but lean to the Grizz since we'd have home court. We'll have our hands full either way.

I'm satisfied but am hopeful for more. My preseaon goal was to win a playoff series and we beat a red hot Nuggets team in five.

Chocolate Hog
04-28-2011, 03:45 AM
http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu11/yzagame/101108093053175662.gif

DaKCMan AP
04-28-2011, 06:32 AM
Who ever is saying Durant chokes as much as Bron Bron can stfu. That dude is nails.

Sure, just ignore the facts and statistics. :spock:

FTR, last night doesn't even factor into the number comparison since it wasn't in the final 10 seconds. Pointing out that Durant is equally (worse percentage wise) as bad as Lebron in game winning or tying shots in the final 10 seconds wasn't to dog on KD, but to point out the ridiculousness of faulting Bron for having a low success percentage in those conditions.

STFU

Count Alex's Losses
04-28-2011, 06:52 AM
working hard in the gym lol

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/225035_10150578140285341_144917055340_18615795_5988747_n.jpg

Hays
04-28-2011, 08:48 AM
Memphis blew it tonight, they better hope this doesn't come back to bite them.

Great Expectations
04-28-2011, 09:00 AM

FTR, last night doesn't even factor into the number comparison since it wasn't in the final 10 seconds. Pointing out that Durant is equally (worse percentage wise) as bad as Lebron in game winning or tying shots in the final 10 seconds wasn't to dog on KD, but to point out the ridiculousness of faulting Bron for having a low success percentage in those conditions.

STFU

Maybe you should watch the final 3 minutes instead of the final 10 seconds.

DaKCMan AP
04-28-2011, 09:03 AM
Maybe you should watch the final 3 minutes instead of the final 10 seconds.

That's the entire point! I didn't create the damn statistic. Some idiot generated it, the networks ran with it, and morons on here parrot it. Narrowing a window to the final 10seconds is asinine. Are you too obtuse to realize you're arguing against the wrong person?

Great Expectations
04-28-2011, 09:29 AM
That's the entire point! I didn't create the damn statistic. Some idiot generated it, the networks ran with it, and morons on here parrot it. Narrowing a window to the final 10seconds is asinine. Are you too obtuse to realize you're arguing against the wrong person?

Yes, yes I am.

-King-
04-28-2011, 11:03 AM

STFU

Yeah...but LeBron is still a choke artist.
Posted via Mobile Device

KC Dan
04-28-2011, 12:08 PM
Grizz didn't do anything wrong on the offensive end, not sure what you're saying? Grizz inbounded the ball and made their free throws.Exactly what I told my son. Chuck it to the roof and time runs out or he gets fouled (3 shots), game should have been over. Bad idea letting them foul

-King-
04-28-2011, 08:33 PM
Good bye Orlando. Gather your fishing poles.

Count Alex's Losses
04-28-2011, 08:36 PM
Kobe shooting his way out of the arena tonight. lol

Chiefs Pantalones
04-28-2011, 08:36 PM
Bulls vs. Hawks.

Bulls in 6, IMO.

Spott
04-28-2011, 08:39 PM
Bulls vs. Hawks.

Bulls in 6, IMO.

Bulls in 5 :)

-King-
04-28-2011, 08:45 PM
Whoa. I may have spoke too soon. Orlando came back.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-28-2011, 08:54 PM
The Hornets are wasting their time. They are trading baskets with the Lakers. Time's about up for them, better get some stops.

-King-
04-28-2011, 09:04 PM
Go fishing Magic.

Spott
04-28-2011, 09:05 PM
I think everyone is talking about Chicago, Miami, and Boston...for good reason. But don't forget Orlando. They're gonna give Chicago trouble. I pick an upset there. Magic vs. Heat/Celtics in the ECF.

:doh!:

Chiefs Pantalones
04-28-2011, 09:07 PM
:doh!:

ROFL

Dwight Howard is overrated anyway, I've always thought, JMO.

Spott
04-28-2011, 09:12 PM
ROFL

Dwight Howard is overrated anyway, I've always thought, JMO.

Bad thing for Orlando is that this might have been his last game for the Magic.

Count Alex's Losses
04-28-2011, 09:53 PM
Dallas is getting fucked raped. WTF. Fuck you Marion.

dirk digler
04-28-2011, 10:19 PM
Chris Johnson with the horrible flagrant on Dirk. Damn horse collar across the face

Count Alex's Losses
04-28-2011, 10:43 PM
Dirk is bending over the blazers and fucking them rawdog

PunkinDrublic
04-28-2011, 10:53 PM
Chris Johnson with the horrible flagrant on Dirk. Damn horse collar across the face

If a Mav player did that, the refs would eject him from the game.

Count Alex's Losses
04-28-2011, 11:41 PM
Dirk is fucking nasty. 11 for 16.

Miles
04-28-2011, 11:45 PM
Bad thing for Orlando is that this might have been his last game for the Magic.

Still don't see them trading him this summer unless they get a fairly massive haul.

dirk digler
04-29-2011, 12:07 AM
Clay is having a good night. Mavs are moving on...

Count Alex's Losses
04-29-2011, 12:07 AM
Ballgame bitches.

Eat shit Portland.

Prepare Kobe.

Dirk was fucking phenomenal tonight. 33 pts, 11 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 block

Mr. Arrowhead
04-29-2011, 12:16 AM
woo hoo wtg Mavs, Series should have ended in 5 considering that 23 point meltdown, but o well, they responded very well after that. Ill take it, since over half the experts were picking portland. We are gonna have to step it up tho, to knock out the lakers.

okcchief
04-29-2011, 12:31 AM
The Mavs are as good as anyone but I'm sure they'll find a way to lose to the Lakers.

Count Alex's Losses
04-29-2011, 05:41 AM
Some things never change....god Dirk can be ice cold.

<object width="640" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lSatHkX63Fg?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lSatHkX63Fg?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Los Pollos Hermanos
04-29-2011, 06:54 AM
Some things never change....god Dirk can be ice cold.

<object width="640" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lSatHkX63Fg?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lSatHkX63Fg?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

I was at that game.

vailpass
04-29-2011, 10:57 AM
In a bar last night tht has 30 or so televisions throughout, not one was tuned to an NBA playoff game.
The NFL draft ruled the night. On the way home I heard there were NBA games played and thought "man does the NFL dominate".

-King-
04-29-2011, 11:02 AM
I like Mark Cuban...but I hate the fuck out of the Mavs.

Spott
04-29-2011, 09:54 PM
Pretty good game between Memphis and San Antonio. Memphis up 2 late in the third.

Ultra Peanut
04-29-2011, 10:00 PM
I've gotten my drink on like a lot tonight, so the Grizz winning their first playoff series ever would be an awesome thing to see happen right now.

Makes me feel almost homesick~

KevB
04-29-2011, 10:17 PM
Tell you what, this Memphis team is damn fun to watch. Tony Allen is a freaking terror on defense. If he got 35 minutes a game for a full season, he'd be in play for defensive player of the year (well, if Dwight wasn't playing).

KevB
04-29-2011, 10:26 PM
Zach Randolph is unreal

Ultra Peanut
04-29-2011, 10:28 PM
Seriously, Z-Bo is a saint.

Amazing 8-0 run to reply to the 1-point deficit.

Spott
04-29-2011, 10:30 PM
It's hard to believe that Memphis is the 8 seed.

Ultra Peanut
04-29-2011, 10:33 PM
It's hard to believe that Memphis is the 8 seed.To be fair, this was probably the most confident an 8-seed has ever been against a #1. And they kinda tanked to get the spot.

But yeah, this is tremendous and great. :)

KevB
04-29-2011, 10:34 PM
Zach Randolph is unreal

It's Zach Randolph's world right now

Pitt Gorilla
04-29-2011, 10:34 PM
Randolph is putting on a freaking show.

Spott
04-29-2011, 10:35 PM
Spurs are done. Memphis/OKC will be a great series.

Pitt Gorilla
04-29-2011, 10:35 PM
To be fair, this was probably the most confident an 8-seed has ever been against a #1. And they kinda tanked to get the spot.

But yeah, this is tremendous and great. :)Doing it all without Rudy Gay.

Pitt Gorilla
04-29-2011, 10:37 PM
In a bar last night tht has 30 or so televisions throughout, not one was tuned to an NBA playoff game.
The NFL draft ruled the night. On the way home I heard there were NBA games played and thought "man does the NFL dominate".It's not dominating right now.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-29-2011, 10:37 PM
To be fair, this was probably the most confident an 8-seed has ever been against a #1. And they kinda tanked to get the spot.

But yeah, this is tremendous and great. :)

Congrats man! I bet you're living it up right now, I'm happy for the Grizz.

Ultra Peanut
04-29-2011, 10:44 PM
So awesome. Memphis really needs a sports story like this right now.

Doing it all without Rudy Gay.They could make it to the Western Conference Finals. Without Rudy Gay.

It's astonishing.

KC_Connection
04-29-2011, 10:55 PM
Zach Randolph is so fucking good. Has been lazy in the past, but certainly wasn't lazy in this series.

Gracie Dean
04-29-2011, 11:11 PM
well I am done with NBA this year!

BWillie
04-29-2011, 11:23 PM
OKC is licking their chops.

okcchief
04-29-2011, 11:30 PM
Hats off to Memphis. They are honestly a team that I like and if they weren't playing the Thunder I would root for them. Two best young teams in the league hooking up. It should be exciting. Can't wait to be there Sunday!

KevB
04-29-2011, 11:40 PM
OKC is licking their chops.

If Memphis continues to play with the same intensity on the defensive end, I don't think OKC is going to have a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to Tony Allen/Young/Battier defending Durant. They have three really active defenders to throw at him. He'll still get his, but he'll have to work hard for it. Ibaka defending Randolph should also be fun.

DaKCMan AP
05-01-2011, 06:26 AM
http://media.miamiherald.com/smedia/2011/04/30/19/heat.embedded.prod_affiliate.56.JPG

Fruit Ninja
05-01-2011, 01:43 PM
Memphis is ballin up 9 late in the 3rd. wow

EricBerryCrunch
05-01-2011, 01:44 PM
Memphis is ballin up 9 late in the 3rd. wow

It's really amazing. Z Bo is killing it.

Fruit Ninja
05-01-2011, 01:44 PM
I said soon as they made that Trade for Battier to watch out. They wwere going to be tough they got alot of tough young players on that team. Zbo is playing out of his mind Marc Gasol is playing tough not like his brother (soft).

Count Alex's Losses
05-01-2011, 01:58 PM
LA to be exposed as frauds tomorrow.

Fruit Ninja
05-01-2011, 01:59 PM
LA to be exposed as frauds tomorrow.

lol, WHen you go to the Finals 7 times in the last 10 years, your not frauds, but nice try.

Reerun_KC
05-01-2011, 02:09 PM
Memphis is abusing OKC...

-King-
05-01-2011, 02:15 PM
lol, WHen you go to the Finals 7 times in the last 10 years, your not frauds, but nice try.

http://demotivational.ca/haters-gonna-hate/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/haters-gonna-hate-kid.jpg

-King-
05-01-2011, 02:31 PM
Zach Randolph. Boss.