PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports **** Official 2011 NBA Playoffs Thread ****

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26]

The Bad Guy
06-14-2011, 01:28 PM
You forgot to address him playing 62% of games. In no way shape or form does that make him near the top 20 players in the league based on trade value on that fact alone. He is what he is and that's about a 50 game a year guy that puts up 13 and 8. That's big upside right there.

13 and 8 playing in an offense as the 3rd option.

But I wouldn't expect you to know that strictly based on how you only argue stat sheets.

BigCatDaddy
So you're going to talk aout the shooting percentage and not his rebounding or assist numbers?

Do you watch the NBA? Odom is a guard in a 6'10's players body.

The 2 PPG and 1 assist PPG drop don't account for that huge difference in FG%.

Sorry LA fan boys, you just don't have the juice for Howard.

dirk digler
You guys heard about Bynum supposedly being untouchable?

How can a guy as injury prone as he is be untouchable?

Nevermind I just read DJ's post.

BigCatDaddy
06-14-2011, 01:29 PM
13 and 8 playing in an offense as the 3rd option.

But I wouldn't expect you to know that strictly based on how you only argue stat sheets.

So you want him as what a 2nd or 1st option in 62% of the games played???? That doesn't look to promising to me.

DJ's left nut
06-14-2011, 01:30 PM
So you're going to talk aout the shooting percentage and not his rebounding or assist numbers?

Do you watch the NBA? Odom is a guard in a 6'10's players body.

It's kinda cute to watch him continue to dig this hole.

He pretty obviously doesn't know shit about Lamar Odom as a player - he just read his Yahoo page. Nevermind the fact that Odom had serious maturity issues coming out of Rhode Island and even some issues at in Prep and AAU ball before that. Or the fact that he was screwed with by a racist skinflint of an owner in LAC (and admitted to being high a good amount of the time the first couple of years in the league) before becoming one of the better hybrid forwards in the NBA in his only year in Miami (was a reserve on the AS squad that season).

Afterall, he was 20-24 years old that whole time and nobody's ever gotten more mature as they've aged. Certainly not after they've gone through a career renaissance or the death of a child.

You should probably sit the next one out there Okie.

BigCatDaddy
06-14-2011, 01:31 PM
How can a guy as injury prone as he is be untouchable?

Because as a Laker his value is much higher then if he played anywhere else.

Let's give a guy that plays 62% of his games a year and a guy that has played 11 years(including a lot of playoff games) in the league and probably has 2 decent years left for a young stud center that puts up 23 and 14 and shoots 60%! **** yeah! Orlando would be crazy not to do that. Hell, we can even throw in late round 1st where they can get an international sensation like Ivanna ****meintheass! LMAO

ChiefsCountry
06-14-2011, 01:38 PM

I hate the fucking Lakers and I think its plenty of juice for Howard based on the history of NBA trades as well.

DJ's left nut
06-14-2011, 01:40 PM
You forgot to address him playing 62% of games. In no way shape or form does that make him near the top 20 players in the league based on trade value on that fact alone. He is what he is and that's about a 50 game a year guy that puts up 13 and 8. That's big upside right there.

Yeah, because you said so. I mean surely a 7 footer that shoots 58% from the field (exactly the same as Howard, BTW) is peaked as a 23 yr old playing as the 4th offensive option at 13 PPG. You've shown to be very astute in your analysis thus far, so I have every reason to believe you here.

Bynum has the best 'big man' game in the NBA right now - he really does. Jabaar has done a great job working on his offensive game. At this point, his post game is more polished than any other 5 out there. He has a soft shot from about 14 ft and in, he can finish to his left or right and he's even developed a nice mid hook shot over the middle. He does well to feel the pressure on his back and rotate away from it and knows where to position himself without the ball. KAJ has done a great job coaching him up.

And again, defensively he's proven to be a damn tough player. He alters shots and hold his own in the lane. He's also a plus rebounder that happens to often find himself challenging 2 other 7 footers on his own team for stray boards. If you can name 5 better defensive centers in the league, I'd be surprised (and you'd probably be wrong).

Again - just how many legitimate centers do you think there are in the NBA? Especially 23 yr olds that have been integral in legitimate championship runs?

Yes, he's absolutely one of the 20 most valuable trade pieces in the NBA. But/for his injury concerns, he'd be even higher.

DJ's left nut
06-14-2011, 01:42 PM
Because as a Laker his value is much higher then if he played anywhere else.

Let's give a guy that plays 62% of his games a year and a guy that has played 11 years(including a lot of playoff games) in the league and probably has 2 decent years left for a young stud center! **** yeah! Orlando would be crazy not to do that. Hell, we can even throw in late round 1st where they can get an international sensation like Ivanna Fuckmeintheass! LMAO

Yeah, I answered his question correctly and you didn't.

Seriously - just quit. You really don't have a clue what you're talking about.

dirk digler
06-14-2011, 01:42 PM
Let's give a guy that plays 62% of his games a year and a guy that has played 11 years(including a lot of playoff games) in the league and probably has 2 decent years left for a young stud center! **** yeah! Orlando would be crazy not to do that LMAO

I mostly agree though Odom is a very good player. I am just not that sold on Bynum because of his injury history.

DJ's left nut
06-14-2011, 01:45 PM
I hate the fucking Lakers and I think its plenty of juice for Howard based on the history of NBA trades as well.

You've gotta remember - he's the same guy that gets a kick out of telling all the Mizzou fans about their players.

The guy's never had a problem talking out of his ass about teams he doesn't follow at all (or a sport he evidently isn't well versed in).

OnTheWarpath58
06-14-2011, 01:46 PM
You've gotta remember - he's the same guy that gets a kick out of telling all the Mizzou fans about their players.

The guy's never had a problem talking out of his ass about <del>teams he doesn't follow at all (or a sport he evidently isn't well versed in)</del> anything.

FYP.

BigCatDaddy
06-14-2011, 01:48 PM
Yeah, I answered his question correctly and you didn't.

Seriously - just quit. You really don't have a clue what you're talking about.

I'm sorry but you are looking through Yellow and Purple glasses. If you the Lakers had Howard and that pyle of shit was dealt for him you would be going Frank Haith on Buss's ass.

dirk digler
06-14-2011, 01:52 PM
DJ if you were Orlando's GM would you trade Bynum for Howard straight up?

BigCatDaddy
06-14-2011, 01:52 PM
I hate the ****ing Lakers and I think its plenty of juice for Howard based on the history of NBA trades as well.

What's a comparable trade in NBA history for someone like Howard? 25 year old center putting up 24 and 13 and a defensive beast.

The Bad Guy
06-14-2011, 01:54 PM
The 2 PPG and 1 assist PPG drop don't account for that huge difference in FG%.

If the Lakers offered Bynum and Odom, Otis Smith would drive Dwight to LA himself.

A 6'10 player that as a starter averaged close to 5 assists per game, close to 16 points and 8 rebounds gets docked because he shoots a lousy percentage when he's a mid-range orientated player?

When's Larry Brown getting his next coaching gig? I'm sure a high school wants him.

DJ's left nut
06-14-2011, 01:58 PM
DJ if you were Orlando's GM would you trade Bynum for Howard straight up?

Without prompting? No, absolutely not.

But the rumors are that Howard is demanding out or telling Orlando execs that he won't re-sign.

So if you're Orlando, do you let him walk for nothing (i.e. James), a marginal trade exemption and expiring contracts (i.e. Bosh), or do you try to get the best package you can for him and try to move forward (i.e. Anthony)?

The Nuggets were just as strong post-Anthony as they were pre him because Kroenke didn't get ass-hurt. He recognized the reality of the situation and made a good deal for his team instead of holding on to foolish pride.

So at that point it becomes - what is the best deal the Magic can make?

Do you see them getting a better trade for this year and the next 5 than a potentially elite young C, and arguably the best hybrid forward in the league for Howard?

I don't; there just aren't many teams that have that to offer. And there are even fewer that have that to offer and have the cache to get Howard to sign long term there and would thus be willing to offer it.

But disregard all of that because BCD said so.

The only thing that would blow this deal apart would be a massive change in the NBA CBA - which could absolutely happen.

BigCatDaddy
06-14-2011, 01:59 PM
If the Lakers offered Bynum and Odom, Otis Smith would drive Dwight to LA himself.

A 6'10 player that as a starter averaged close to 5 assists per game, close to 16 points and 8 rebounds gets docked because he shoots a lousy percentage when he's a mid-range orientated player?

When's Larry Brown getting his next coaching gig? I'm sure a high school wants him.

I'm not hating too much on odom, but how many good years does the guy have left? 2-3 at most? So you are trading for a 2-3 year player and a guy you can count on to play. There is no logic to it. If Bynum for a 70 game a year guy then he could be a major piece in bringing in Howard in, but I'm not sure what else LA could offer up with him to get the deal done.

But he's not and he is never going to be. More likely he is more often injured then less as he gets older, heavier, and get more wear and tear.

Count Alex's Wins
06-14-2011, 02:00 PM
Chandler on the Ticket. Talking about the team wearing black to Game 6.

"We said 'everybody wear black. Because tonight, the Heat die."

:D

DJ's left nut
06-14-2011, 02:00 PM
I'm sorry but you are looking through Yellow and Purple glasses. If you the Lakers had Howard and that pyle of shit was dealt for him you would be going Frank Haith on Buss's ass.

It's got nothing to do with yellow and purple glasses. I have actually followed the politics behind the Lakers front office and can speak intelligently to its construction and how that may impact their player personnel moves.

You can't.

And I'm also operating under a realistic understanding of the NBA.

dirk digler
06-14-2011, 02:04 PM
Without prompting? No, absolutely not.

But the rumors are that Howard is demanding out or telling Orlando execs that he won't re-sign.

So if you're Orlando, do you let him walk for nothing (i.e. James), a marginal trade exemption and expiring contracts (i.e. Bosh), or do you try to get the best package you can for him and try to move forward (i.e. Anthony)?

The Nuggets were just as strong post-Anthony as they were pre him because Kroenke didn't get ass-hurt. He recognized the reality of the situation and made a good deal for his team instead of holding on to foolish pride.

So at that point it becomes - what is the best deal the Magic can make?

Do you see them getting a better trade for this year and the next 5 than a potentially elite young C, and arguably the best hybrid forward in the league for Howard?

I don't; there just aren't many teams that have that to offer. And there are even fewer that have that to offer and have the cache to get Howard to sign long term there and would thus be willing to offer it.

But disregard all of that because BCD said so.

No I agree with you but the glowing remarks you give Bynum made me curious. There is no way I would trade straight up Bynum for Howard all things being equal.

Howard said yesterday that he isn't resigning before 2012 unless the owners improve the team so if that is the best they can get, which it might be, you have to take it.

Count Alex's Wins
06-14-2011, 02:05 PM
http://a.yfrog.com/img611/8126/e3mdq.jpg

ChiefsCountry
06-14-2011, 02:13 PM
NBA trades aren't made value to value. Orlando is in a pickle, either you got to do something to make Howard resign with you ie try to get a Chris Paul etc or get something of some value so it doesn't trash you completly.

DJ's left nut
06-14-2011, 02:19 PM
No I agree with you but the glowing remarks you give Bynum made me curious. There is no way I would trade straight up Bynum for Howard all things being equal.

Howard said yesterday that he isn't resigning before 2012 unless the owners improve the team so if that is the best they can get, which it might be, you have to take it.

I've had this discussion before (maybe in the Heat thread, actually).

The bottom line is that I like Bynum's offensive game much more than Howards. Howard is a physical marvel that gets a bunch of garbage points but isn't a plus passer and has very little touch outside of about 8 feet. That said, in an offense geared around Bryant from the outside and Gasol's interior passing from the 4, Howard may actually be a better offensive fit than Bynum in LA.

But the major difference in the two is that while Bynum is a very good defensive C, Howard's the best defensive player in the league (and it's not even that close, IMO). His ability to move laterally with a body like his is second to none. In my eyes, he's actually more physically impressive than LBJ is. It's why James struggled with Orlando at times throughout his career - Howard is strong enough to body him up while still being quick enough to hang with him laterally. Howard's also much more durable than Bynum.

Howards a better player - but that doesn't make Bynum dogshit. Bynum is almost certainly the best player the Magic would be able to get in return for Howard. I know I'd rather have Bynum than Bosh if I'm Orlando (and I don't think the Heat offer Wade). A couple years ago I wouldn't have believed it, but Bynum's gotten much tougher and Bosh has exposed himself as an empty stat guy.

Beyond Bosh - who else is available? Kevin Love? Howard's not going to sign long-term for a rebuilding Minnesota team if he wouldn't stay in Orlando. Zack Randolph? Maybe, but again, I'm not sure Howard would re-sign there. Randolph's also 6 years older than Bynum and not without his own baggage.

It's a pretty damn close to perfect fit if Orlando believes they have no choice but to trade him. They're not going to do better than Bynum/Odom and they might not even do that well.

Count Alex's Wins
06-14-2011, 02:42 PM
10+ All-Star Appearances; MVP; Finals MVP - Here's the list:

Wilt
Hakeem
Shaq
Duncan
Bird
Kobe
West
Magic
Moses Malone
MJ
DIRK

BigCatDaddy
06-14-2011, 02:53 PM
10+ All-Star Appearances; MVP; Finals MVP - Here's the list:

Wilt
Hakeem
Shaq
Duncan
Bird
Kobe
West
Moses Malone
MJ
DIRK

Magic?

Count Alex's Wins
06-14-2011, 02:57 PM
Him too.

Count Alex's Wins
06-14-2011, 03:18 PM
Yesssssssssss

Dirk Nowitzki DETHRONES LeBron in Cleveland Beef

http://www.tmz.com/2011/06/13/dirk-nowitzki-lebron-james-beef-cleveland-sandwich-king-size-corned-beef-dallas-maverick-miami-heat/

Talk about adding insult to injury -- a day after LeBron James' dreams were dashed to pieces, one of the biggest delis in Cleveland renamed its famous "King" sandwich ... after Mavs star Dirk Nowitzki.

TMZ spoke with Earl Stein -- the co-owner of Corky and Lenny's in Cleveland -- and he tells us, the deli redubbed the $10.50 sandwich in honor of Dallas' victory over Miami Sunday night.

What was once the "King Size Corned Beef Sandwich" is now the "The Dirk Nowitzki Corned Beef Sandwich."

We haven't tasted it ourselves -- but it looks delicious ... and probably goes real well with an ice cold can of spite.

Count Alex's Wins
06-14-2011, 03:21 PM
Most Points Per 4th Quarter

NBA Finals Past 20 Seasons

1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3
1993 Michael Jordan 10.3

loochy
06-14-2011, 03:24 PM
Most Points Per 4th Quarter

NBA Finals Past 20 Seasons

1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3
1993 Michael Jordan 10.3

Now we need to see him twice on that list

Mr. Plow
06-14-2011, 03:28 PM
Yesssssssssss

Dirk Nowitzki DETHRONES LeBron in Cleveland Beef

http://www.tmz.com/2011/06/13/dirk-nowitzki-lebron-james-beef-cleveland-sandwich-king-size-corned-beef-dallas-maverick-miami-heat/

Talk about adding insult to injury -- a day after LeBron James' dreams were dashed to pieces, one of the biggest delis in Cleveland renamed its famous "King" sandwich ... after Mavs star Dirk Nowitzki.

TMZ spoke with Earl Stein -- the co-owner of Corky and Lenny's in Cleveland -- and he tells us, the deli redubbed the $10.50 sandwich in honor of Dallas' victory over Miami Sunday night.

What was once the "King Size Corned Beef Sandwich" is now the "The Dirk Nowitzki Corned Beef Sandwich."

We haven't tasted it ourselves -- but it looks delicious ... and probably goes real well with an ice cold can of spite.

Jesus Ohio....get the fuck over it.

Count Alex's Wins
06-14-2011, 03:32 PM
Oh, by the way.

Jason Terry - 18.0 PPG, .494 FGP, .393 3FGP, .750 FTP, 1.3 TO, 1.3 STL
Lebron James - 17.8 PPG, .478 FGP, .32 3FGP, .600 FTP, 4.0 TO, 1.7 STL

OWNED

Reaper16
06-14-2011, 03:49 PM
Since its being discussed, as a Magic fan I've thought for half a season now that if Dwight were to be traded to any team it'd be to the Lakers. Getting Bynum back (and Odom? *swoon*) is about the best case scenario that I see.

DJ's left nut
06-14-2011, 03:58 PM
Since its being discussed, as a Magic fan I've thought for half a season now that if Dwight were to be traded to any team it'd be to the Lakers. Getting Bynum back (and Odom? *swoon*) is about the best case scenario that I see.

Yeah, but BCD says that would be a shit return and he doesn't have purple glasses on.

Good for him, they'd have cut up his rectum something fierce when he wedged his head up his ass.

Think the Magic would include Nelson in the return if needed to get it done? Redick? Bass? The teams match up pretty well as trade partners but the horse trading would get pretty thick I would think.

Count Alex's Wins
06-14-2011, 04:03 PM
http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz339/olajuyao/daddydirk.jpg

dirk digler
06-14-2011, 04:06 PM
I've had this discussion before (maybe in the Heat thread, actually).

The bottom line is that I like Bynum's offensive game much more than Howards. Howard is a physical marvel that gets a bunch of garbage points but isn't a plus passer and has very little touch outside of about 8 feet. That said, in an offense geared around Bryant from the outside and Gasol's interior passing from the 4, Howard may actually be a better offensive fit than Bynum in LA.

But the major difference in the two is that while Bynum is a very good defensive C, Howard's the best defensive player in the league (and it's not even that close, IMO). His ability to move laterally with a body like his is second to none. In my eyes, he's actually more physically impressive than LBJ is. It's why James struggled with Orlando at times throughout his career - Howard is strong enough to body him up while still being quick enough to hang with him laterally. Howard's also much more durable than Bynum.

Howards a better player - but that doesn't make Bynum dogshit. Bynum is almost certainly the best player the Magic would be able to get in return for Howard. I know I'd rather have Bynum than Bosh if I'm Orlando (and I don't think the Heat offer Wade). A couple years ago I wouldn't have believed it, but Bynum's gotten much tougher and Bosh has exposed himself as an empty stat guy.

Beyond Bosh - who else is available? Kevin Love? Howard's not going to sign long-term for a rebuilding Minnesota team if he wouldn't stay in Orlando. Zack Randolph? Maybe, but again, I'm not sure Howard would re-sign there. Randolph's also 6 years older than Bynum and not without his own baggage.

It's a pretty damn close to perfect fit if Orlando believes they have no choice but to trade him. They're not going to do better than Bynum/Odom and they might not even do that well.

I don't think Bynum is dogshit but with his injury problems they are only going to get worse with age which is why I would be somewhat hesitant.

But I do agree that would probably be the best they could get outside of the Bulls trading Noah and Deng because the NBA is really lacking in quality big men.

Count Alex's Wins
06-14-2011, 04:30 PM
Awesome story:

Mavs went to a bar last night with Cuban. He tells some media guy "hey, can you go pop my trunk and bring whatever's in there in?" Guy goes out, the bloody TROPHY is in Cuban's trunk. Guy enters the bar holding the trophy, bar explodes, everyone breaks out singing WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS.

Reaper16
06-14-2011, 05:08 PM
Yeah, but BCD says that would be a shit return and he doesn't have purple glasses on.

Good for him, they'd have cut up his rectum something fierce when he wedged his head up his ass.

Think the Magic would include Nelson in the return if needed to get it done? Redick? Bass? The teams match up pretty well as trade partners but the horse trading would get pretty thick I would think.
The Magic don't seem that attached to Nelson. You were dead-on when you said that he's not the kind of PG who improves the players around him. He's got very low basketball IQ. He can also go on a tear and almost single-handily win a game for you. He's frustrating.

The Magic love Bass. I don't see him going unless its for a trade that will get somebody to put around Dwight, not in a package that ships Dwight off. I could see Redick going, even though he's the Magic's secret barometer (as JJ goes, the Magic go).

Chocolate Hog
06-14-2011, 05:12 PM
Larry Brown's a better coach than Phil Jackson.

LOL LOL LOL

Larry Brown couldn't get a return call from Penn State.

Is this true?

Mr. Arrowhead
06-14-2011, 05:53 PM
http://i51.tinypic.com/8y5iy1.gif

OnTheWarpath58
06-14-2011, 05:59 PM
Awesome story:

Mavs went to a bar last night with Cuban. He tells some media guy "hey, can you go pop my trunk and bring whatever's in there in?" Guy goes out, the bloody TROPHY is in Cuban's trunk. Guy enters the bar holding the trophy, bar explodes, everyone breaks out singing WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS.

Not sure if it was the same bar, but apparently he ran up a $110,000 bar tab - most of which was because of a $90,000 bottle of champagne - and tipped the bar staff $22,000.

Not bad for delivering, opening and pouring a bottle of champagne.

The Bad Guy
06-14-2011, 06:02 PM
Is this true?

What? The Brown/Jackson part that the village idiot said?

Or that Larry Brown couldn't get Penn State to call him back?

ChiefsCountry
06-14-2011, 06:19 PM

Nelson is going to be hard to throw in because the Lakers don't have anything that matches up to well to equal the salaries.

Count Alex's Wins
06-14-2011, 06:32 PM
Not sure if it was the same bar, but apparently he ran up a $110,000 bar tab - most of which was because of a $90,000 bottle of champagne - and tipped the bar staff $22,000.

That was a bar in Miami. But yeah, that story is true. LMAO

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/dirk-nowitzki-chugs-champagne-595x444.jpg

Heres the Dallas bar:

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/dc9/2011/06/dirk_nowitzki_mark_cuban_and_b.php

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/dc9/assets_c/2011/06/looncuban-thumb-500x375.jpg

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/igkieJMII0U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DJ's left nut
06-14-2011, 06:36 PM
Nelson is going to be hard to throw in because the Lakers don't have anything that matches up to well to equal the salaries.

Odom.

A Bynum/Odom for Howard/Nelson trade works out.

Besides, both teams have trade exceptions that would be used if necessary.

The problem is far more likely to be a talent one than a salary cap one.

Ebolapox
06-14-2011, 06:38 PM
Howard to the Bulls is a pipe dream. Bulls don't have the pieces to acquire Howard.

bulls have a SHIT-TON of pieces.

Backwards Masking
06-14-2011, 07:02 PM
Cuban is would every fan of any team should want in an owner. As a Mavericks fan (born in Dallas), is it completely idiotic of me to try making the argument that Nowitzki is better than Lebron?

1. He clearly played better in the championship series when it counted most, despite the weak Game 6.

2. He's OBVIOUS a better leader with more intangibles and maturity and teram chemistry.

3. He now has the ring to prove it.

?

Count Alex's Wins
06-14-2011, 07:11 PM
is it completely idiotic of me to try making the argument that Nowitzki is better than Lebron?

Nowitzki is a better player than Lebron in the same way that Priest Holmes was a better player than Larry Johnson.

Count Alex's Wins
06-14-2011, 07:58 PM
DALLAS -- Jason Terry strolled down the stairs like a heavyweight boxing champion, proudly sporting a robe.

As always seems to be the case with Terry, there’s a story behind it.

“I used to have a robe,” Terry said. “I used to come to meetings, get on the plane, on the road I'd come to our breakfast meetings with the robe on. Ask anybody -- the robe was infamous for a while.”

Then coach Rick Carlisle confiscated it.

Terry said Carlisle banned the robe because he didn’t think Jet was focused. Terry was thrilled that a new robe appeared in his locker this morning, complete with Finals logos on the lapels.

“The robe is back, baby!" Terry said.

http://i.imgur.com/OUXVT.png

Dylan
06-14-2011, 08:04 PM

Classy guy.

From Jason Lloyd's column in the Akron Beacon Journal:

Eight years into his NBA career, Jamesí only ring remains his class ring from St. Vincent-St. Mary in Akron, Ohio.

LMAO

loochy
06-14-2011, 08:10 PM
Nowitzki is a better player than Lebron in the same way that Priest Holmes was a better player than Larry Johnson.

But not in the same way that Matt Cassel is better than Brodie Croyle.

stonedstooge
06-14-2011, 08:11 PM
Classy guy.

From Jason Lloyd's column in the Akron Beacon Journal:

Eight years into his NBA career, Jamesí only ring remains his class ring from St. Vincent-St. Mary in Akron, Ohio.

LMAO

Does the ring say Certificate of Attendance? SP ED

Count Alex's Wins
06-14-2011, 08:14 PM
Oh my god. Oh. My. God.

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/253504_10150630199440461_16555485460_18704292_3554317_n.jpg

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/253514_10150630199510461_16555485460_18704294_7636999_n.jpg

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/255074_10150630199595461_16555485460_18704295_5194126_n.jpg

-King-
06-14-2011, 08:27 PM
That was a bar in Miami. But yeah, that story is true. LMAO

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/dirk-nowitzki-chugs-champagne-595x444.jpg

Heres the Dallas bar:

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/dc9/2011/06/dirk_nowitzki_mark_cuban_and_b.php

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/dc9/assets_c/2011/06/looncuban-thumb-500x375.jpg

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/igkieJMII0U" allowfullscreen="" width="640" frameborder="0" height="360"></iframe>

I want to see Chiefs players doing that some day. But I know it'll never happen :deevee:

Count Alex's Wins
06-14-2011, 08:32 PM
I want to see Chiefs players doing that some day. But I know it'll never happen :deevee:

I used to say the same thing about the Mavericks.

milkman
06-14-2011, 08:39 PM
I used to say the same thing about the Mavericks.

You are less than 30 years old.

The Mavericks have only been in existence for about 30 years.

You probably haven't even followed hoops for more than 10 years.

Get the fuck out.

Count Alex's Wins
06-14-2011, 08:40 PM
You are less than 30 years old.

The Mavericks have only been in existence for about 30 years.

You probably haven't even followed hoops for more than 10 years.

Get the fuck out.

Try 17.

When I started rooting for the Mavericks they were the worst franchise in pro sports.

milkman
06-14-2011, 08:46 PM
Try 17.

When I started rooting for the Mavericks they were the worst franchise in pro sports.

And you still didn't wait for half as long as some us have waited.

Count Alex's Wins
06-14-2011, 08:48 PM
And you still didn't wait for half as long as some us have waited.

You're a hateful prick. Get the fuck out.

milkman
06-14-2011, 08:50 PM
You're a hateful prick. Get the **** out.

Hateful prick?

Won't deny that.

However what does that have to do with pointing out the fact that you talk about waiting for so long when in the eyes of some us that is just a short time, relatively?

milkman
06-14-2011, 08:53 PM
And FTR, I'm happy for you that your Mavs got their first NBA title.

Again, just pointing out how short your wait really was.

Count Alex's Wins
06-14-2011, 08:56 PM
Nowitzki defeats ghetto basketball! YES!!!!

http://www.welt.de/sport/article13427797/Nowitzki-besiegt-den-Ghetto-Basketball.html

Nowitzki defeated the Ghetto Basketball

The era of individually talented but difficult sozialisierbaren ghetto basketball is over. At the end of this era Dirk Nowitzki has a significant share.

Coach Rick Carlisle was the moment when he celebrated the biggest triumph of his life, almost a little angry.

The gaunt man who sometimes reminded his close-cropped hair, deep wrinkles and grim countenance of a purist monk, said the final against the star cast of Miami Heat to a system issue. The victory of his Dallas Mavericks was a kind of beacon of how the game should be played. It was necessary to trust the players to team spirit, common will, common struggle. And not individual players.

For the United States Basketball League and the NBA is still quite unusual. In the era of Michael Jordan and to the gifted individual rounder went over everything. The ideal of the game was born on outdoor courts. It lived on the genius, the dazzling dribbling an Allan Iverson, the spectacular passes of Steve Nash, Kobe Bryant throws of the artistic and thunderous slam dunks a Dwight Howard. The team game but moved away from its origin.

Not just for Carlisle is an aberration. His Italian colleague, Ettore Messina, the most successful European coach of the last years, has described this wrong path this way: "It's not in this game about four guys that plow, a (star) players freizubekommen and then to give him the ball .

The wrong NBA star system takes revenge not only now for the first time against the well-kept in Europe basketball system in which subordinates the individual to the collective, proved this way of playing more often as inferior. This was evident from the defeats of the U.S. troops Star in international competitions in the past decade. There, the gifted individual rounder lost to perhaps less talented players who were disciplined but on game systems. Only with it alone in a team sport is also just the best individualist no championship.

The path to the origin of the game now continues in the U.S.: The teams with greater European influence are more successful in recent years. The era of individually talented but difficult sozialisierbaren ghetto basketball is over. And at the end of this era Dirk Nowitzki has a significant share.

Dallas and Miami are the archetypes of the two contrasting systems. Here Dirk Nowitzki over a decade and a carefully composed ensemble of role players and specialists, there are three last summer together purchased expensive superstars plus supplement that which blazes then empty wallet yet. While Nowitzki is also extremely talented individual players, to the extent to which he subordinated his skills but the team took to the success. Nowitzki takes less throws than before, Nowitzki has long worked on his defensive skills deficit, Nowitzki added today added new facets to his game.

With his outstanding skills he is a constant threat for the opponent, so stop that usually two opposing players near him. This gives space to his colleagues. As in the decisive game six Jason Terry, this free space always uses a completly different.

Miami is the sheer opposite. Their system is based mainly on the outstanding athlete Lebron James and Dwayne Wade. That none of the two works, in the system is not provided. Many of the role players are more than mediocre. Lebron James, who had the nickname "The Chosen One", the chosen one, even got a tattoo on his body, is indeed the greatest marketing machine in basketball and with its blend of strength, speed and agility of the most talented players in the world. A title he has not won. LMAO

In the final he has failed in the crucial moments. Wade was able to win the last game too hard. Dallas forced them to what they can not so well, and revealed their tactical weaknesses.

Both stars have in their game the same large deficit: they are rather average pitcher. Also fits the theory: the neat jump shot is not appreciated in open court basketball. He taught at the college, where U.S. basketball players are formed in team sports. Just as the organized team sport. Only: the gifted players were there long years but not directly in the NBA. Lebron James for example. U.S. experts have long since agreed that most U.S. basketball players have outstanding talent at all, a training deficit.

The European club system has since appeared to advantage. The contingent of Dallas are four players who have learned there: two French, one Serb and Dirk Nowitzki.

That street ball, threaten Rap and ghetto chic and the commercial success of the sport, has recognized the league itself years ago. At that time the players were still dressed with gold chains and hung in the gangsta look: baseball caps, schlabberige pants, long T-shirts and sneakers were open standard.

The wide - white in the majority - aware American public takes this shoddy outfit but with street gangs and the mainly black rappers scene here. The organization wants the NBA, the basketball bothered as a family sports marketing for all. Therefore, a dress code was enforced. The players must now appear in a suit and tie the game.

The skin color is U.S. observers have noted that one of the causes that explain the success of the final series with the viewers. The fact that this is a white star while the throne conquer is certainly good for the commercial success, writes columnist Bill Foxsports riders. Even if it is a sad fact that the skin color in general still play a role.

Nowitzki is the man who would hesitate to the average American is not in his living room. He is reticent, has manners and is cultivated. His opponent Lebron James and Dwayne Wade have not yet made fun of game five before the cameras Nowitzki, by mimicking the cough that plagued him in the game before. The least they were designed as childish, but expressed even more from their arrogance and egomania. The fact that they still underestimate him, was in it all. You are alone with this.

Foxsports expert Bill Reiter said that the world has learned that Dirk Nowitzki compared to Lebron James was the better basketball player. Maybe not talented, not as athletic and not as marketable. But better.

Dirk has played for the entire NBA with the exception of Miami. Lebron James, The Chosen One, staged his move from Cleveland to Miami last summer for weeks. He was courted by his home and by the representatives of other clubs who begged with their offers to him, although his move to Miami probably already fixed. The alleged decision he announced a theatrical television show on ESPN, then there was an appearance in the hall of Miami. He alienated by this kind of cocky many of his fans.

For the former all-star and NBA analyst Charles Barkley, he is weak of character, "If you're the best player in the world, do not you go somewhere else, then the others must come to you." See Dirk Nowitzki.

On such a shaky foundation in Miami can be built without success. On the stable industry product made in Germany already. With him, the basketball team will return to the sport and thus back to itself. And to what Nowitzki's coach Rick Carlisle likes about this game. It is a title that is good for the sport.

loochy
06-14-2011, 09:05 PM
:harumph:that's racist

ChiefsCountry
06-14-2011, 10:59 PM
bulls have a SHIT-TON of pieces.

If you want to give up Noah and Deng for Howard then yeah but without them the Bulls aren't nearly the team even with adding Howard.

The Bad Guy
06-15-2011, 06:17 AM
Bulls have a shit ton of pieces?

Who?

Rose, Noah, Deng and then who? Certainly not Boozer, and Gibson isn't a starter but a very good 6th man.

notorious
06-15-2011, 07:55 AM

That is the stupidest article I have ever read.

ChiefsCountry
06-15-2011, 10:58 AM
Bulls have a shit ton of pieces?

Who?

Rose, Noah, Deng and then who? Certainly not Boozer, and Gibson isn't a starter but a very good 6th man.

Exactly. Unless the Magic were fucking stupid and took Boozer, Bulls don't really win in a trade situation for Howard.

BigCatDaddy
06-15-2011, 11:09 AM
What about something like Bosh/Chalmers for Howard? What say you "Awesome One"?

DJ's left nut
06-15-2011, 11:16 AM
What about something like Bosh/Chalmers for Howard? What say you "Awesome One"?

"Awesome One" probably won't be returning to this thread.

But that offer isn't anywhere close to Bynum/Odom.

Just sayin'.

BigCatDaddy
06-15-2011, 11:24 AM
But that offer isn't anywhere close to Bynum/Odom.

Just sayin'.

You are actually correct that it isn't close.

Just sayin'.

ChiefsCountry
06-15-2011, 11:41 AM
Bosh for Howard? Good lord Miami would rape Orlando in that deal. Miami would be even better team than what they are now.

DJ's left nut
06-15-2011, 11:44 AM
You are actually correct that it isn't close.

Just sayin'.

So tell me, do you gauge trade value in the NBA based on the number of jerseys they sold? Because at this point, that's about all I can figure. You certainly don't pay any attention to the lack of legitimate big men in the NBA or the role the individual players would play on their respective teams.

Or is this just because Odom is a 40 yr old failure while Bosh is a 20 year old established champion? I mean you pretty much haven't exhibited a working knowledge of any of the players you've discussed throughout this thread, so I don't know why I'm surprised you can't gauge their value either.

BigCatDaddy
06-15-2011, 11:52 AM
So tell me, do you gauge trade value in the NBA based on the number of jerseys they sold? Because at this point, that's about all I can figure. You certainly don't pay any attention to the lack of legitimate big men in the NBA or the role the individual players would play on their respective teams.

Or is this just because Odom is a 40 yr old failure while Bosh is a 20 year old established champion? I mean you pretty much haven't exhibited a working knowledge of any of the players you've discussed throughout this thread, so I don't know why I'm surprised you can't gauge their value either.

We are just going in circles on this subject and is mostly revolves around the value of Bynum. In my mind he is a decending player because with his injury history already I wouldn't be surprised if he is only playing in 30 games a year 2-3 years from now or even out of the league all together in 5 years. Only time will tell who is right, but right now history is on my side.

Odom will fall off a clip in 2-3 years so if you trade for those 2 guys you are basically trading for 2-3 years of solid play at best. If you think your window is now and you are willing to accept that then fine, but I would be more willing to take the 27 year old 20-10 guy and 25 year old backup PG if I'm in it for the long haul.

whoman69
06-15-2011, 11:53 AM

http://www.welt.de/sport/article13427797/Nowitzki-besiegt-den-Ghetto-Basketball.html

This is not only a horrible title, but really a horrible article. The gist is the European style of ball is superior to that of the US, talent vs team. First off it makes a big statement when it says this type team has won out in the last few years. Which other team besides Dallas and perhaps San Antonio play this type ball. LA, Boston, the Miami team which one all depended upon superstar athletes to put them over the top.

If Euroball was so great, why did the US win the latest Olympics and world championships. Kevin Durant was the leader of the last US team, a team that won because he was far and away the best player on the floor in every game they played.

They also cite the big Euro influence of the Mavs. Good thing they hired the best coach Europe has to offer. The players they cite that led to the championship, aside from Dirk, did very little to lead to the championship. Stoyo played himself out of the lineup. Mahinmi was very raw and gave them some good minutes, but he would rack up 4 fouls in less than 10 minutes. He was a 2005 draft pick and is just now getting to the point where he can even get in games. Still needs to be coached way up. Haywood would have been out there instead if healthy. Beaubois didn't even play in the playoffs because he can't play defense.

whoman69
06-15-2011, 11:56 AM
Bosh for Howard? Good lord Miami would rape Orlando in that deal. Miami would be even better team than what they are now.

Orlando would get raped on almost any deal for Howard, but if you can't sign him it's better than nothing.

BigCatDaddy
06-15-2011, 12:03 PM
Orlando would get raped on almost any deal for Howard, but if you can't sign him it's better than nothing.

It would be nice for Orlando if he would at least give them the Carmelo treatment and give them a list of teams he would go to and be willing to sign an extension before the trade.

DJ's left nut
06-15-2011, 12:21 PM
We are just going in circles on this subject and is mostly revolves around the value of Bynum. In my mind he is a decending player because with his injury history already I wouldn't be surprised if he is only playing in 30 games a year 2-3 years from now or even out of the league all together in 5 years. Only time will tell who is right, but right now history is on my side.

Odom will fall off a clip in 2-3 years so if you trade for those 2 guys you are basically trading for 2-3 years of solid play at best. If you think your window is now and you are willing to accept that then fine, but I would be more willing to take the 27 year old 20-10 guy and 25 year old backup PG if I'm in it for the long haul.

Andrew Bynum is a 23 yr old kid - twenty three.

He usually has about 1 injury per year, is generally healthy by the playoffs and has improved his game substantially every season.

In his first 2 seasons, he was healthy both years (had a bunch of DNPs from Jax as a rookie). In his 3rd season he had his dislocated knee; that's really the only 'injury prone' injury he's had as it came when he landed awkwardly on Odom. It was a contact injury in name only and yeah, it was disconcerting.

In his 4th year, Kobe Bryant - a 200 lb man - fell into his need and pushed it backwards. He actually came back fairly quickly and played through their entire championship run; anchoring their defense in the process.

In his 5th year he strained his achilles. It was a pretty flukey deal, he actually played on it for a little bit longer before coming off. He missed a couple of weeks and came right back out. Then he played yet another entire championship run and anchored the interior defense in yet another championship season.

This year he had the knee cleanup to screw up the start of his season (his fault for waiting too long to have it done). Then he got rolled up on again and hyperextended his right knee - not unlike the Kobe injury. But he also came back very very strong and was again an elite defender, strong rebounder and more than capable scorer.

It's not like the kid misses 1/2 the season every year - he doesn't. He's had one season with a legitimately bad injury and another season where he was a jackass and didn't get his cleanup work done on time so he missed a month. Otherwise he's just a big body that's going to get a sprain and miss a couple of weeks/yr. When 8 teams make the playoffs in both conferences, that's hardly the end of the world. It's also something that you'll live with if you have one of the 5 true post players in the game on your team.

Now - take a look at Shaquille O'Neal's career games played numbers. You'll see that he generally had an injury every season of his own. He was also generally healthy by the playoffs and able to do his thing.

Is Bynum an iron man? No, of course not. But neither was Shaq and yet he was ready when he was needed.

You can't just dismiss the fact that Bynum is probably something like a 60-65gm/yr player without also acknowledging that A) He's only missed one playoff run in 6 years (and that was probably the fault of the LA medical staff) and B) That's 60-65 more games from a legit 5 than 80% of the teams in the NBA will get.

Oh yeah, and lets also remember that Bosh is no iron man himself; he's had injury issues to varying degrees in 5 of his 8 years in the league. He also quit on his ballclub a couple of times in that span (I believe the term you used was 'asshole of the highest order...')

If the Magic want to build around a soft interior player that doesn't rebound well and doesn't defend for shit - that's fine; they can go ahead and be the Toronto Raptors of the south. But we've seen what Bosh does when a team tries to build around him. He goes after his, doesn't lead and generally doesn't win.

Or they can take the much higher upside player in Bynum - a kid you could actually build a champion around. And when you throw in Odom (who has probably 3-4 productive seasons left; a virtual eterinty in the NBA) it becomes no contest.

DJ's left nut
06-15-2011, 01:39 PM
By the way - I just realized what would be my favorite thing in the history of sports:

LeBron James traded to Orlando for Dwight Howard.

Now THAT Miami team would be a super-team. That would be a dynasty of a squad. The twin towers underneath with Wade playing the Alpha dog, Howard providing the merciless defense and elite rebounding, not to mention cleaning up Wade/Miller's misses and Bosh providing the mid-range interior game that would help off-set Howards deficiencies outside of the restricted area.

That team would be terrifyingly good. That team might actually challenge 72 wins.

And James would just get absolutely shit on in the deal. The Magic would definitely make the trade as well.

loochy
06-15-2011, 02:18 PM
Heh....

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2011/06/15/dallas-mavericks-deshawn-stevenson-arrested-for-public-intoxication/?test=latestnews

Dallas Mavericks' Deshawn Stevenson Arrested for Public Intoxication

Published June 15, 2011

http://a57.foxnews.com/static/managed/img/Sports/396/223/061511_deshawn.JPG

One Dallas Mavericks player went from celebrating a world championship to sitting inside a jail cell.

DeShawn Stevenson was arrested by Irving police for public intoxication at an apartment complex Tuesday night, according to the Dallas Morning News.

Irving police tell the Morning News that Stevenson was alone and did not know where he was at the time of the arrest.

He subsequently failed sobriety tests.

"Due to being intoxicated, he was a danger to himself and others, and therefore he was placed under arrest," Irving police spokesman John Argumaniz told the paper.

Stevenson was released from jail Wednesday morning after posting $475 bail.

The Mavericks won its first NBA championship Sunday night, defeating the Miami Heat in six games.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2011/06/15/dallas-mavericks-deshawn-stevenson-arrested-for-public-intoxication/#ixzz1PNFGt9Kk

Mr. Arrowhead
06-15-2011, 02:20 PM
haha Drink it up Deshawn

vailpass
06-15-2011, 02:21 PM
Do you think th fact that Bynum is a punk with baggage in addition to his re-occuring injuries are factored in by potential trade partners?

DJ's left nut
06-15-2011, 02:32 PM
Do you think th fact that Bynum is a punk with baggage in addition to his re-occuring injuries are factored in by potential trade partners?

Do you bother to read the thread before posting?

Bynum's attitude may be loathed by fans, but NBA personnel guys will like having that around. Besides, Bynum was hardly seen as a punk before the Barrea incident; he was seen as a very physical defender (ask Gerald Wallace).

A physical center that will have guys flinching when they come into the paint is about as rare as the Dodo at this point. Any GM out there will take a few Ts and even a suspension or two if it makes Dwayne Wade think twice before driving the lane.

There's very much a football attitude in the NBA when it comes to front-court players and defensive specialists.

vailpass
06-15-2011, 03:01 PM

Bynum's attitude may be loathed by fans, but NBA personnel guys will like having that around. Besides, Bynum was hardly seen as a punk before the Barrea incident; he was seen as a very physical defender (ask Gerald Wallace).

A physical center that will have guys flinching when they come into the paint is about as rare as the Dodo at this point. Any GM out there will take a few Ts and even a suspension or two if it makes Dwayne Wade think twice before driving the lane.

There's very much a football attitude in the NBA when it comes to front-court players and defensive specialists.

Tell me, what tool is it you use to read the thoughts of NBA personnel? I could help you make a lot of $$ with that.

What you offer here is your opinion, nothing more.

DJ's left nut
06-15-2011, 03:15 PM
Tell me, what tool is it you use to read the thoughts of NBA personnel? I could help you make a lot of $$ with that.

My opinion based on over a decade of following the sport, listening to interviews from said personnel guys and watching what they actually do. Oh, and there's this internet thing that allows you to read what they think and look for when assembling teams. It's not hard to draw an informed opinion given the wealth of firsthand information available.

I'm betting your one of those idiots that has brilliant insight like "I don't even watch the NBA, college ball is better..."

I guarantee you that my opinion is far more informed and more educated than yours is. It's damn sure more informed than BCD, who still hasn't figured out which Richardson we're talking about.

BigCatDaddy
06-15-2011, 03:19 PM

Absolutely not. Every team would love to have a first class asshole that the coach, players and owners and even the teams play by play guy can't stand.

BigCatDaddy
06-15-2011, 03:22 PM

He has ESPN Insider.

DJ's left nut
06-15-2011, 03:22 PM
Absolutely not. Every team would love to have a first class asshole that the coach, players and owners and even the teams play by play guy can't stand.

And I'm the one that makes things up?

Please - have you followed LA at all over the last 1/2 decade? Because you are categorically full of shit here.

Just like you were when you assured us all that Odom was a 33 year old never-was that sucked everywhere but LA.

Seriously - just stop. You really have no damn clue what you're talking about. You're just making things up as you go.

DJ's left nut
06-15-2011, 03:27 PM
Here, this is just the easiest place to find a fairly objective source on Bynum's trade value:

Simmons 2009 column has him as the 24st most valuable guy in the league.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/090212

His 2010 column has him at 21

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/100208/two

His 2011 column was written in February (before he came back) and still has him at 38 in the league. That was before he really came into his own and was the most important part of a completely dominant 20 game run by the Lakers after the AS break. Oh, and the column also has Odom as the 31st most valuable commodity and Bosh at....a whopping 30.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/110217

This man knows more about NBA ball than you and I will ever know. He has legitimate sources all through the NBA (including a slew of GMs).

The man knows his shit and it aligns very closely to what I have said all along.

A Bynum/Odom package is significantly more valuable than a Bosh one.

KevB
06-15-2011, 03:42 PM

He did the same thing to Beasley during the regular season that he did to Barea in the playoffs and was suspended for it. There is a trend. That said, I agree with you that GMs would rather he have that attitude than be laid back/lazy like too many other bigs.

KevB
06-15-2011, 03:44 PM
Here, this is just the easiest place to find a fairly objective source on Bynum's trade value:

Simmons 2009 column has him as the 24st most valuable guy in the league.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/090212

His 2010 column has him at 21

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/100208/two

His 2011 column was written in February (before he came back) and still has him at 38 in the league. That was before he really came into his own and was the most important part of a completely dominant 20 game run by the Lakers after the AS break. Oh, and the column also has Odom as the 31st most valuable commodity and Bosh at....a whopping 30.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/110217

This man knows more about NBA ball than you and I will ever know. He has legitimate sources all through the NBA (including a slew of GMs).

The man knows his shit and it aligns very closely to what I have said all along.

A Bynum/Odom package is significantly more valuable than a Bosh one.

If the Magic trade Howard for Bosh, they become the Raptors with Bosh. An 8th seed with no hope of winning a championship. Bynum has his issues, but you can at least dream of the guy anchoring a championship level team one day with help.

DJ's left nut
06-15-2011, 03:57 PM
He did the same thing to Beasley during the regular season that he did to Barea in the playoffs and was suspended for it. There is a trend. That said, I agree with you that GMs would rather he have that attitude than be laid back/lazy like too many other bigs.

Right, but it didn't get him a punk label. Like I said - the dude collapsed Gerald Wallace's lung with a hard shot underneath. He's never had a problem decking someone near the hoop and he'd developed a reputation as a damn physical defender.

But generally speaking, he did it in winning efforts or in close games. When you do it and your team wins - you're a physical defender. When you do it when your team is getting blown out of the barn - you become a punk.

The kid just has a mean streak. And yes, NBA GMs love that sort of thing from their interior defenders. Look at the rumblings around Cardinal when he was delivering 'playoff fouls'. There was a guy on the Bulls (not Noah or Boozer) that delivered a couple of hard shots as well and was getting all kinds of love for it. It's not a new thing. That kind of foul (going to the body on a hard drive) is considered a good thing so long as you do it during a tight ballgame when the stakes are high.

Bynum did it when they were getting their ass kicked and it was a complete dick move. At the same time, he's also shown a willingness to do it when he should do it, and that's going to be sought after in this league.

DJ's left nut
06-15-2011, 03:59 PM
He has ESPN Insider.

Just keep on ignoring the thrashing you're getting from multiple sides in this thread.

I'd probably avoid the substance if I didn't actually know anything about the players being discussed as well.

DJ's left nut
06-15-2011, 04:14 PM
I'm one of those that quit watching the NBA after Mike retired. For years it was an unwatchable product and the ratings reflected it. One-on-one ghetto ball.
This year for the first time since I've followed the rgular season and closely followed the playoffs. The young teams like OKC, CHI, Memphis (sort of), NOL and the team-ball playing vet squads like LA and Dallas have gone back to playing b-ball.
Motion offense with picks and passes. team D, emotion and power. Heroes and villains.

Welcome back NBA, don't forget who you are again.

I was right!

Vailpass - "NBA basketball sucks dick...not that I've watched it for over a decade or anything...."

Like BCD, you should probably just avoid trying to claim any degree of insight in a sport you don't follow.

Count Alex's Wins
06-15-2011, 07:13 PM
http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/11/2011/06/x2_69c143a.jpg

BigCatDaddy
06-15-2011, 07:55 PM
Just keep on ignoring the thrashing you're getting from multiple sides in this thread.

I'd probably avoid the substance if I didn't actually know anything about the players being discussed as well.

The side bitching just happens to be from our resident Laker fan boys.

Count Alex's Wins
06-15-2011, 08:53 PM
Mavericks are going to be on Letterman tonight at 10:30 CDT

Chocolate Hog
06-15-2011, 08:59 PM
Hey Clayton congrats on your team being the 2006 Colts. That's about it.

Count Alex's Wins
06-15-2011, 09:02 PM

That's a horrible comparison. Dirk was magnificent throughout the playoffs and saved the team's bacon in three Finals games.

I really don't care HOW this team won a championship though, so you can just fuck right off.

Sure-Oz
06-15-2011, 09:59 PM

I wish my team won a damn championship

KevB
06-15-2011, 10:45 PM
Right, but it didn't get him a punk label. Like I said - the dude collapsed Gerald Wallace's lung with a hard shot underneath. He's never had a problem decking someone near the hoop and he'd developed a reputation as a damn physical defender.

Cheap Shot Artist (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU7RiLERJ-Y)

It didn't get him a punk label nationally because not everyone saw it. It was just as dirty as the Barea foul. He's a f'in punk, simple as that. He keeps that up and I won't shed a tear if somebody takes out his knees. You can be physical without taking cheap shots that could end a guy's season/career.

Chocolate Hog
06-15-2011, 10:48 PM
I wish my team won a damn championship

Mine too.

Chocolate Hog
06-15-2011, 10:49 PM
That's a horrible comparison. Dirk was magnificent throughout the playoffs and saved the team's bacon in three Finals games.

I really don't care HOW this team won a championship though, so you can just **** right off.

It's a great one. You know started off great then slumped had a soft ass player for a star got hot at the right time.

Mr. Arrowhead
06-15-2011, 11:01 PM
It's a great one. You know started off great then slumped had a soft ass player for a star got hot at the right time.

your and idiot if you think Dirk is soft,

milkman
06-15-2011, 11:01 PM

Lead paint chips are a staple of your diet, aren't they?

Count Alex's Wins
06-15-2011, 11:05 PM

What?

The 2006 Colts were 12-4. Where's the slump?

The Mavs were the #3 seed and won 57 games, they didn't get hot at the right time, they were hot all year.

Chocolate Hog
06-15-2011, 11:09 PM
What?

The 2006 Colts were 12-4. Where's the slump?

The Mavs were the #3 seed and won 57 games, they didn't get hot at the right time, they were hot all year.

The Colts we're 3-4 in their last 7 games.

Dallas had lost like games in a row at one point after the new year. I know you didn't follow them until the playoffs.

Count Alex's Wins
06-15-2011, 11:18 PM
The Colts we're 3-4 in their last 7 games.

Dallas had lost like games in a row at one point after the new year. I know you didn't follow them until the playoffs.

The only reason they lost a few games is because Dirk missed time with injury.

There was no slump.

You're talking out your ass.

ChiefsandO'sfan
06-16-2011, 12:40 AM
Minor League Baseball Team to Mock LeBron James' NBA Finals Performance in Theme Night

Published June 15, 2011

| FoxNews.com

Print
Email
Comments

Miami Heat's LeBron James walks off the court after Game 6 of the NBA Finals basketball game against the Dallas Mavericks Sunday, June 12, 2011, in Miami. The Mavericks won 105-95 to win the series. (AP)

How would LeBron James have felt if his Miami Heat actually won the NBA Championship over the Dallas Mavericks?

Minor league baseball fans will live that imaginary experience Thursday when the Peoria, Ill., Chiefs, a Chicago Cubs affiliate, host a tongue-in-cheek “LeBron James NBA Championship Giveaway” night.

Fans entering the ballpark will receive one of James' “replica rings,” ESPN reports. Except instead of real rings, these handouts are made of air, much like what James took home.

Other festivities include Heimlich maneuver classes – which organizers say will prevent fans from “choking in a big situation,” – and a replica giveaway of James’ Finals MVP award (except, of course, that Dallas' Dirk Nowitski won that award, not James).

"Really, this is just us getting back to the real world and waking up today and trying to solve our own personal problems," vice president of Chiefs ticket sales Eric Obalil told ESPN.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2011/06/15/minor-league-baseball-team-to-pay-tribute-to-lebron-james-nba-finals/#ixzz1PPm3FuYE

Chocolate Hog
06-16-2011, 01:40 AM
Lead paint chips are a staple of your diet, aren't they?

Did you type that with your labia?

Silock
06-16-2011, 03:22 AM
ESPN must have caught the footage I guess because it wasn't on the TV broadcast.

Dammit.