PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports **** Official 2011 NBA Playoffs Thread ****

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

The Bad Guy
05-05-2011, 07:20 AM
Yes. Only reason he wouldn't is because he plays for the Lakers. League doesn't want anything close to a sweep.

They aren't going to get swept with or without Artest.

It's not like it really matters. Matt Barnes can give you the defense Artest does and he might even hit a shot once in a while.

KevB
05-05-2011, 08:21 AM
They aren't going to get swept with or without Artest.

It's not like it really matters. Matt Barnes can give you the defense Artest does and he might even hit a shot once in a while.

You don't think Dallas can go home and win two in a row? I know Lakers/Laker fans are a proud bunch, but right now Dallas is clearly the better team. They'll go home, where they are really tough to beat, riding high with all momentum. The Lakers need Gasol to step up, but he doesn't strike me as a pull your boot straps up when the going gets tough kind of guy. And I just don't think Kobe has it in him to completely carry this team anymore to playoff victories.

Should be fun to watch.

BigCatDaddy
05-05-2011, 08:46 AM
Should be fun to watch.

That's an understatement. I've JIMP numerous times watching these first two games and can't wait to watch the Lakers bow out early while the Heat roll on.

Rudy lost the toss
05-05-2011, 09:04 AM
Lamar Odom is severely overrated.

But.... Eat shit, Mavs! Go OKC

okcchief
05-05-2011, 09:35 AM
Somebody said game 2 was a blowout. I simply said that it only got that way because Maynor played out of his a$$, which he did, raining down threes. I didn't say he sucks, or Collison, or anybody else. I like OKC, they have a solid bench that helps them win games. But someone implying that games going forward are going to look like game 2 is off base. That's as good as Maynor has played all season; it can't be expected again. Without him, it's another tight game in game 2. And I expect this series to be hard fought throughout.

Better backup PGs : George Hill, Delonte West, Barea, J. Crawford, Lawson, Jarrett Jack, Dragic, Brooks, Udrih are all guys I'd rather have. There are other players that are even with Maynor. He's improved since then, but the Jazz gave him away for a reason.

I misunderstood your point then. I agree and think all the remaining games will be close. Also, Lawson and Dragic aren't backups now. I would put Felton, Barea, Crawford and Brooks as better. You still have him in the top ten which is what I said. He is at least in the top third. Maynor gets better all the time. Utah also had Deron Williams when they traded him. I bet they wish they had him now. Jarrett Jack? Seriously? Also most of the guys you have listed have recently been traded as well. I guess their teams gave them away for a reason? Maynor doesn't get as much playing time as the others listed. He is in the same ballpark with any of those guys and more valuable to us because he does things Westbrook cant. There are NBA teams he could start for and be successful. If you can say that about your backup point guard he's a good one. Also look at his assists and points per minute vs those guys and I bet hes right there.

okcchief
05-05-2011, 09:43 AM
STFU n00b

ROFL Good to see you're committed to going down with the ship.

If you think this Miami playoff team is the same team from November & December, you're in for a big surprise.

It will be a joy to shit all over your Miami parade. Noob=life outside of message board :)

Claynus
05-05-2011, 09:47 AM
jj
JAYJAY
JJ BAGGINS

THE BRAVEST LITTLE HOBBIT OF THEM ALL

http://i.imgur.com/c7049.png

vailpass
05-05-2011, 09:51 AM
1. For the first time since the MJ era I am watching the playoffs with interest and enjoyment. OKC, Memphis, chicago, Dallas play team ball with hard defense and outstanding skill players.

2. Ron Artest is a PUNK.

Mr. Arrowhead
05-05-2011, 09:51 AM
Media: Whats wrong with the lakers, not the Mavs are clearly the better team.

LMAO The life of being a Chiefs and Mavs fan.

KevB
05-05-2011, 09:55 AM
I misunderstood your point then. I agree and think all the remaining games will be close. Also, Lawson and Dragic aren't backups now. I would put Felton, Barea, Crawford and Brooks as better. You still have him in the top ten which is what I said. He is at least in the top third. Maynor gets better all the time. Utah also had Deron Williams when they traded him. I bet they wish they had him now. Jarrett Jack? Seriously? Also most of the guys you have listed have recently been traded as well. I guess their teams gave them away for a reason? Maynor doesn't get as much playing time as the others listed. He is in the same ballpark with any of those guys and more valuable to us because he does things Westbrook cant. There are NBA teams he could start for and be successful. If you can say that about your backup point guard he's a good one. Also look at his assists and points per minute vs those guys and I bet hes right there.

Jack was a decent starting point guard for the Raptors to begin the season, so yeah. You said Maynor was top third, I [thought] I gave you ten that were better, putting him out of the top third. I'll add Bledsoe/Foye as the 10th. I think there are other guys like Bayless, Douglas, AJ Price, etc. who on equal to or potentially better also. Bottom line is that I said Maynor played beyond what you would normally expect out of him, and the numbers easily back that up. His bump in performance took that game to the point differential in the end.

Also, most of the guys listed were traded for something of substance. The Jazz didn't get back a single asset, other than a little cap flexibility. The irony of all of this is that I like Maynor, I liked Presti's trade to get him and I like his fit on the team. I just think you're overrating him.

vailpass
05-05-2011, 09:55 AM

See your point however they are the two time defending champs so they are going to get that kind of media lean and probably deservedly so. All Dallas has to do is beat that ass and the talk will shift to them.

KevB
05-05-2011, 09:56 AM

As an objective fan, that's only natural considering we're talking about the 2 time defending champ and the Mavs history of flaming out in the playoffs. If the Mavs get to the Finals, the media perspective will change.

Edit : Vail beat me to it

Detoxing
05-05-2011, 09:57 AM
OMG What's wrong with the Lakers?

Has anyone asked that question this morning? Cuz I swear I haven't heard that question asked on sports radio AT ALL.

vailpass
05-05-2011, 09:58 AM
As an objective fan, that's only natural considering we're talking about the 2 time defending champ and the Mavs history of flaming out in the playoffs. If the Mavs get to the Finals, the media perspective will change.

Edit : Vail beat me to it

You are clearly an intelligent, highly perceptive indivdiual.

dirk digler
05-05-2011, 10:02 AM
1. For the first time since the MJ era I am watching the playoffs with interest and enjoyment. OKC, Memphis, chicago, Dallas play team ball with hard defense and outstanding skill players.

2. Ron Artest is a PUNK.

So far the playoffs have been awesome.

And it looks like barring a miracle comeback by the Celtics the Heat will be in the Finals...yeah yeah I know they have to still play the Bulls\Hawks but they are playing some great basketball.

vailpass
05-05-2011, 10:07 AM
So far the playoffs have been awesome.

And it looks like barring a miracle comeback by the Celtics the Heat will be in the Finals...yeah yeah I know they have to still play the Bulls\Hawks but they are playing some great basketball.

Yeah the Heat look tough. There is still time for LeBron to blow out both ACLs though. Of course then I wouldn't mind if the Heat won it.

DaKCMan AP
05-05-2011, 10:10 AM
Noob=life outside of message board :)

Not quite. noob = newcomer = inexperienced = STFU. Nothing to do with what you've mentioned.

KC_Connection
05-05-2011, 10:26 AM
He wanted no F'ing part of Ben Wallace.
Not exactly true. He was separated almost immediately (although that didn't stop Stephen Jackson!).

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3tJImw8A3zQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Claynus
05-05-2011, 10:37 AM
Gasol getting pounded hard by LA Times.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-plaschke-lakers-20110505,0,4470246.column

Every time he touched the ball, the murmur grew, and grew, until finally, the sound of a collapsing Lakers season cascaded around the skinny guy's shaky shoulders.

The booing fans knew it. The annoyed Lakers felt it. History will eventually record it, and it will be about as pretty as the skinny guy's haircut.

When the story of the end of the Lakers' attempt to win three consecutive championships is written, it will begin, and end, with Pau Gasol.

You want a scapegoat for a 93-81 loss to the Dallas Mavericks on Wednesday in Game 2 of the Western Conference semifinals? You want to attach a name to a two-games-to-none deficit that will be historically improbable to overcome?

Gasol is, sadly, your man.

He has a great smile, a warm personality, two rings' worth of skills, and the love of Lakers fans who will forever link the team's three-year resurgence to his arrival.

He is also disappearing before our disbelieving eyes.

The melting that began in the first round against New Orleans ended in a puddle on the Staples Center floor Wednesday when Gasol was once again pushed, shoved, and battered into the sort of submission that the other Lakers could not overcome.

"I wish I could have been more productive," he said afterward, looking as confused in the stressful, steamy locker room as he was on the court. "I wish I could have been more effective."

He could barely slow the Mavericks' Dirk Nowitzki, who scored 24 points while missing just seven of 16 shots. He couldn't work inside with teammate Andrew Bynum, who afterward credited interior confusion to "trust issues."

"There were some things that obviously didn't look good for Pau tonight," said Coach Phil Jackson, adding, "Pau didn't have the inside game we expected."

The Lakers needed an early spark after blowing a 16-point lead in Game 1, yet in the first half, Gasol scored only two baskets. The Lakers needed a late push against a Mavericks team that has already blown a 23-point lead in this postseason, yet Jackson benched him midway through the fourth quarter because he was in both foul trouble and basketball trouble.

In the end, Gasol scored 13 points with 10 rebounds and just one assist, and do you remember? Do you remember how he ended last year as one of the Game 7 heroes against the Boston Celtics? Do you remember how he began this year as one of the best players in the league, carrying the Lakers to their hot early run?

He was a most valuable player then. He is not that person now. In six months, he has seemingly aged six years.

Maybe he's suffering the fatigue of playing so many early season minutes while manning the middle until Bynum returned from his ill-timed surgery. Maybe his naturally docile nature has finally buckled under the pressure of overcoming a "soft" tag for three consecutive brawling springs.

Gasol doesn't know, saying only, "I tried to be aggressive. I tried my best."

Jackson doesn't know, saying only, "He was one of the players who looked tired out there."

The statistics may not know either, but they can certainly put it in nasty numbers. Last season during the playoffs, Gasol averaged 20 points and 11 rebounds on 53% shooting. This season, after seven games entering Wednesday, he was averaging 14 points and seven rebounds on 43% shooting.

The drop has been remarkable. The effect on this team has been astounding. The hurdle now is huge.

Of the 238 NBA seven-game series that have begun two games to none, the team with "none" has come back to win just 14 times.

Only three times in NBA history has a team won a seven-game series after losing the first two games at home.

"Obviously, you have to be worried," said Jackson.

That worry increased in the final moments Wednesday when Ron Artest acted like the old Ron Artest when he inexplicably hit Jose Barea in the face, leading to an ejection and possibly a suspension, which he would deserve.

Artest was clearly taking out his frustration on a hydrant-sized player who scored a dozen most unbelievable points while driving the lane against Gasol and Bynum. Their lack of team defense is part of that "trust" issue which the Lakers must also address.

The climb now seems insurmountable. And the chances of Gasol carrying his share now appear dim.

"This is not what we wanted, not what we expected, but this is where we're at," said Gasol, shaking his head.

Early in the third quarter, Gasol's location was in the middle of a storm of plays that epitomized his lousy postseason.

One moment, guard DeShawn Stevenson was muscling the ball from him. On the next possession, Stevenson was blocking his shot. Moments later, Gasol missed a jumper.

Boo, boo, boo, until, on the fourth possession of his horrid stretch, Gasol found himself alone inside for a dunk, and the catcalls momentarily stopped. But soon thereafter, Gasol was lost on defense while Nowitzki was draining a three-pointer.

When the game finally ended, Gasol walked quickly off the floor with his head down and his team sprawled. At least now, maybe folks will start correctly pronouncing his first name.

That's Pau, as is Pow, as in flattened.

vailpass
05-05-2011, 10:59 AM
Without Gasol LA has two less rings.

okcchief
05-05-2011, 11:04 AM
Jack was a decent starting point guard for the Raptors to begin the season, so yeah. You said Maynor was top third, I [thought] I gave you ten that were better, putting him out of the top third. I'll add Bledsoe/Foye as the 10th. I think there are other guys like Bayless, Douglas, AJ Price, etc. who on equal to or potentially better also. Bottom line is that I said Maynor played beyond what you would normally expect out of him, and the numbers easily back that up. His bump in performance took that game to the point differential in the end.

Also, most of the guys listed were traded for something of substance. The Jazz didn't get back a single asset, other than a little cap flexibility. The irony of all of this is that I like Maynor, I liked Presti's trade to get him and I like his fit on the team. I just think you're overrating him.

We'll agree to disagree. To me he is easily one of the better back up point guards. BTW in our four games against the Hornets we grew leads while Jack and Maynor were in the game. Our bench always protects and expands leads and it largely because of Maynor. I watch a sickening amount of NBA ball and all bias aside he's in the top ten without a doubt in my mind. If you have watched us a lot it's no surprise when he steps up big. Whether it's a big assist, steal, three, or his beautiful running tear drop in the lane. We'll probably lose him in a few years and he'll be hard to replace. Don't get me wrong, he's not someone I would want as a starter but he is better than some starters and I would take him over most back ups.

vailpass
05-05-2011, 11:06 AM
We'll agree to disagree. To me he is easily one of the better back up point guards. BTW in our four games against the Hornets we grew leads while Jack and Maynor were in the game. Our bench always protects and expands leads and it largely because of Maynor. I watch a sickening amount of NBA ball and all bias aside he's in the top ten without a doubt in my mind. If you have watched us a lot it's no surprise when he steps up big. Whether it's a big assist, steal, three, or his beautiful running tear drop in the lane. We'll probably lose him in a few years and he'll be hard to replace. Don't get me wrong, he's not someone I would want as a starter but he is better than some starters and I would take him over most back ups.

Have you been to any of the OKC playoff games? The crowd sounds extra loud on TV.

Lzen
05-05-2011, 11:46 AM
You don't think Dallas can go home and win two in a row? I know Lakers/Laker fans are a proud bunch, but right now Dallas is clearly the better team. They'll go home, where they are really tough to beat, riding high with all momentum. The Lakers need Gasol to step up, but he doesn't strike me as a pull your boot straps up when the going gets tough kind of guy. And I just don't think Kobe has it in him to completely carry this team anymore to playoff victories.

Should be fun to watch.

As much as I hate to say, I think the Lakers are very capable of pulling out a win or two in Dallas. They are defending champs for a reason. But I'm pulling for a Dallas sweep. :)

Mile High Mania
05-05-2011, 11:49 AM
The 2-0 record at this point is very impressive - nice comeback in game 1 and in game 2, they really stood tall. The Mavs looked streaky vs Portland, giving Mavs' fans a hard time forgetting about the recent playoff meltdowns in recent years.

Still, the Mavs have not proven anything... especially if they lose 2 games in Dallas. If Dallas can win Game 3, then yes - this may very well be a new Mavs team and not the one that has broken the fan's hearts in the last half dozen years.

okcchief
05-05-2011, 01:02 PM
Have you been to any of the OKC playoff games? The crowd sounds extra loud on TV.

Yeah, I'm a season ticket holder and have been to all the playoff games. They have been really loud. There have been moments where it sounds like a jet engine. Game 5 vs Denver and game 3 vs LA last year were off the charts. The LA game totally hooked me last year. As good as any sports atmosphere I've been around. That includes Royals playoff games in the 80s and Chiefs playoff games in the 90s. I also went to the SuperBowl this year which sucked next to the others.

Claynus
05-05-2011, 01:05 PM
Yeah, I'm a season ticket holder and have been to all the playoff games. They have been really loud. There have been moments where it sounds like a jet engine. Game 5 vs Denver and game 3 vs LA last year were off the charts. The LA game totally hooked me last year. As good as any sports atmosphere I've been around. That includes Royals playoff games in the 80s and Chiefs playoff games in the 90s. I also went to the SuperBowl this year which sucked next to the others.

The crowds in Memphis sound really loud too.

I love young franchises getting their first taste of success.

vailpass
05-05-2011, 01:32 PM

Sounds like you've been to some good events.

Pitt Gorilla
05-05-2011, 01:34 PM
GET YOU SOME MOTHA ****AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

http://209.160.24.97/ds_img_direct.php?i=terry2chand.gif&t=8&d=1fjdcjav7c&x=360&y=480&l1=169&l2=61LOL at the Lakers refusing to guard Chandler.

Pitt Gorilla
05-05-2011, 01:37 PM

2. Ron Artest is a PUNK.We agree on almost nothing, but I agree with this take (although I almost always love the playoffs). Those teams (and I'd include Indiana, New Orleans, & Denver) are great to watch.

vailpass
05-05-2011, 01:50 PM
We agree on almost nothing, but I agree with this take (although I almost always love the playoffs). Those teams (and I'd include Indiana, New Orleans, & Denver) are great to watch.

**** off.

(CP balance restored)

Pacers, New Orleans and Nuggets definetely fun to watch. Loving the new blood that is playing the old way and doing it well.

Claynus
05-05-2011, 02:01 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6487063

Lakers foward Ron Artest was suspended one game for his foul on Mavericks guard Jose Juan Barea in Game 2 of Los Angeles' Western Conference semifinals series against Dallas.

With 24.4 seconds left in the Mavericks' 93-81 win over the Lakers, Artest reached out with his right hand and grabbed Barea by the face and basically clotheslined him. Artest was immediately ejected after picking up his second technical foul.

The foul was classified as a Flagrant Foul 2. Artest will miss Friday's Game 3 in Dallas with the Mavericks leading the best-of-seven series 2-0.

Matt Barnes is likely to start in Artest's place, keeping L.A.'s rotation of big men intact with Lamar Odom coming off the bench.

Artest was out of position and had to run through Odom to get to Barea, who took a minute to recover before making two free throws to seal the Mavs' victory.

After the game, Lakers coach Phil Jackson said he expected Artest to be suspended by the NBA.

"It was uncalled for. There's a good chance he'll be suspended," Jackson said, adding, "I hope not."

Artest's elbow to Mavs center Tyson Chandler late in the second quarter earned him his first technical. Barea wouldn't comment on Artest's possible suspension after the game.

http://i51.tinypic.com/mcqcdl.jpg

okcchief
05-05-2011, 02:46 PM
I still like the Hornets because I got to watch Chris Paul his first two years. I like Memphis too except for the next few weeks.

I agree the NBA is the best it's been in a while. Lots of great young players that are throw back. Except for the Heat who are the spawn of Satan. I can't wait to witness the implosion.

vailpass
05-05-2011, 03:00 PM
I still like the Hornets because I got to watch Chris Paul his first two years. I like Memphis too except for the next few weeks.

I agree the NBA is the best it's been in a while. Lots of great young players that are throw back. Except for the Heat who are the spawn of Satan. I can't wait to witness the implosion.

I'm with you on the Heat. I'm a big DWade fan but I mean it when I say I would laugh out loud if Lebron blew out both knees tomorrow. "I is takin' my talents to South Beach Hospital."

Los Pollos Hermanos
05-05-2011, 03:29 PM
I wish Artest hadn't been suspended. He's played like shit in the first two games. Barnes might actually shoot better then 1 for 8.

KevB
05-05-2011, 03:54 PM

Yeah man, no ill will at all. I love talking NBA with people who watch games, as I know very few people in my "real" life who care about the NBA (and I've been a rabid fan since the mid 80s). I got to sit on the floor, second row, earlier this season in Memphis when they played the Warriors. Great time, but at that point nobody could have seen this run coming. I grew up in Memphis, and have family there including my mom, so I'm pulling for them.

I'm excited for you and the fans of OKC, as it's been a great combination of a young and exciting team performing for a bunch of fans who are passionate for their team. The NBA needs more of that.

Fruit Ninja
05-05-2011, 05:14 PM
Yep, they are just getting their tails punched in this series. Props to the Mavs.

I just dont think they have anything left to give. Gasol has played ALOT of basketball the passed 4 years. Dude has had only 1 free offsesaon which was last year. Same with Kobe. Tho Kobe still can do amazing things when he needs too. This dude has an extra gear, but Gasol doesnt. His legs are done. Gasol has very very very rarely used his little hook shots in the play offs. That shit was his bread and butter because he can do the same move with Both hands, but he's not EVEN TRIED to do it.

Gasol is just drained. His body cant take all that basketball. We kinda seen it last year at times, this year alot more and in the play offs he's got nothing. lol

Like i said cant be mad at 5 championships in the last 10 years and 10 championships since i started watching basketball in the 80's. No other fan of any team in any sport can say they seen their team win it 10 times in the last 30 years. Maybe the Yankee's. i havent looked.

Also, its time for Bynum to become the 2nd option for this team right now. Next year, we will see, but Gasol needs to tone down his minutes. I wouldnt mind seeing him come off the bench and him playing a little less minutes.

okcchief
05-05-2011, 07:05 PM
Yeah man, no ill will at all. I love talking NBA with people who watch games, as I know very few people in my "real" life who care about the NBA (and I've been a rabid fan since the mid 80s). I got to sit on the floor, second row, earlier this season in Memphis when they played the Warriors. Great time, but at that point nobody could have seen this run coming. I grew up in Memphis, and have family there including my mom, so I'm pulling for them.

I'm excited for you and the fans of OKC, as it's been a great combination of a young and exciting team performing for a bunch of fans who are passionate for their team. The NBA needs more of that.

I'm happy for Memphis' team. They have a great young team that plays team basketball and it looks like the fans are embracing them. It's gonna be a fun series and no matter who wins they both have bright futures and I'll root for the winner. I told one of my friends before the year started they were going to be like us last year. They even exceeded that even though I think last years Lakers were a tougher out. A lot of bandwagon people around here don't give them a lot of respect but I feared them, Dallas and Portland more than anyone in the West.

okcchief
05-05-2011, 07:07 PM
I just dont think they have anything left to give. Gasol has played ALOT of basketball the passed 4 years. Dude has had only 1 free offsesaon which was last year. Same with Kobe. Tho Kobe still can do amazing things when he needs too. This dude has an extra gear, but Gasol doesnt. His legs are done. Gasol has very very very rarely used his little hook shots in the play offs. That shit was his bread and butter because he can do the same move with Both hands, but he's not EVEN TRIED to do it.

Gasol is just drained. His body cant take all that basketball. We kinda seen it last year at times, this year alot more and in the play offs he's got nothing. lol

Like i said cant be mad at 5 championships in the last 10 years and 10 championships since i started watching basketball in the 80's. No other fan of any team in any sport can say they seen their team win it 10 times in the last 30 years. Maybe the Yankee's. i havent looked.

Also, its time for Bynum to become the 2nd option for this team right now. Next year, we will see, but Gasol needs to tone down his minutes. I wouldnt mind seeing him come off the bench and him playing a little less minutes.

You cant win every year. I'm sure the Lakers will retool and make on last run with Kobe soon. I just hope they don't go after Russ :s

okcchief
05-05-2011, 07:12 PM
I'll admit I'm probably a bit Maynor biased. We met him. Not only was he cool as shit he gave my four year old dribbling lessons and took pics lol

One of the main reasons this community is so Thunder crazy is the players giving so much to the fans. KD being the coolest and most giving surprisingly.

Pitt Gorilla
05-05-2011, 07:40 PM

I'm excited for you and the fans of OKC, as it's been a great combination of a young and exciting team performing for a bunch of fans who are passionate for their team. The NBA needs more of that.Memphis should be sick next year when Gay comes back.

KevB
05-05-2011, 07:54 PM
I'll admit I'm probably a bit Maynor biased. We met him. Not only was he cool as shit he gave my four year old dribbling lessons and took pics lol

One of the main reasons this community is so Thunder crazy is the players giving so much to the fans. KD being the coolest and most giving surprisingly.

I have positive thoughts about Maynor simply because he almost single-handedly knocked Duke out of the NCAA tourney several years ago.

I'm also a huge Derrick Rose fan (again, the Memphis connection), and it's great that this new breed of young stars are mostly humble, hard-working guys. He and KD, among others, are a great example for the up and coming young guys.

KevB
05-05-2011, 08:00 PM
Memphis should be sick next year when Gay comes back.

It will be interesting to see how that works. I think Memphis dumps Mayo, so it should be fine as every team needs a gunner. But after Gay got hurt, Memphis went more to their bigs on the offensive end and the results are obvious. It forced Hollins to play Tony Allen and Sam Young more, and they've really established a tenacious defensive attitude on that end of the floor. Getting Battier just enhanced that. Gay's a good offensive player, but they'll need him to step it up on the defensive end next season. If they can get Gasol signed, Xavier Henry comes back healthy and a year more mature, they could build on this season's success.

58kcfan89
05-05-2011, 08:34 PM

Not that I have anything against Maynor, I love what he brings to the table, but what's the deal with Nate Robinson? Just a 3rd PG?

And the help in the community is always cool to see from athletes, especially when it's a superstar like KD and they seem excited about it. I don't like in OKC but have heard stories about how nice pretty much all the guys are when they're somewhere for charity or whatever.

Fruit Ninja
05-05-2011, 11:32 PM
You cant win every year. I'm sure the Lakers will retool and make on last run with Kobe soon. I just hope they don't go after Russ :s

I know they cant and i understand that. I still wont count them out just yet. Its not like the Lakers cant play well and win 4 straight. Highly unlikely, but i think they can do it.

Like i said, its time for Bynum to be the number 2 because Gasol just doesnt have it right now.

Fruit Ninja
05-05-2011, 11:35 PM
I'm happy for Memphis' team. They have a great young team that plays team basketball and it looks like the fans are embracing them. It's gonna be a fun series and no matter who wins they both have bright futures and I'll root for the winner. I told one of my friends before the year started they were going to be like us last year. They even exceeded that even though I think last years Lakers were a tougher out. A lot of bandwagon people around here don't give them a lot of respect but I feared them, Dallas and Portland more than anyone in the West.

I been on the Memphis bandwagon for a while (obviously) they arent my team, but when they made that trade in the middle of the year. I was like watch out for Memphis, they got some players that can play. Sure enough, they stepped it up.

Its nice to see a small market team step up like that. I know i like the Lakers, but hell, i was born in L.A i cant help it. lol

BIG_DADDY
05-05-2011, 11:36 PM
I know they cant and i understand that. I still wont count them out just yet. Its not like the Lakers cant play well and win 4 straight. Highly unlikely, but i think they can do it.

Like i said, its time for Bynum to be the number 2 because Gasol just doesnt have it right now.

Lakers totally have a chance still. Come on maaaaaaaaaaaaaan they're the Lakers. They are still more talented. They still have Kobe. That last game was bad as they can play.

58kcfan89
05-05-2011, 11:44 PM
Lakers totally have a chance still. Come on maaaaaaaaaaaaaan they're the Lakers. They are still more talented. They still have Kobe. That last game is was bad as they can play.

I'm no Laker lover, but to add to this, they're playing the freakin' Mavs. If there's one team that's going to totally collapse after a 2-0 or 3-0 lead, it's probably them...

okcchief
05-06-2011, 10:37 AM
Only the zen master can save them now. He has 11 rings so there is always a chance. With Bynums comments and the Artest suspension I would say the deck is stacked against them.

vailpass
05-06-2011, 10:46 AM

It wouldn't surprise me to see LA blow Dallas off the floor tonight and go on to win this series.
I'd like nothing more than to see Kobe never win another ring but it wouldn't surprise me.

The Bad Guy
05-06-2011, 10:48 AM

Should be fun to watch.

No, I don't think the Mavs are going to win 2 in a row.

Claynus
05-06-2011, 12:08 PM
Lakers totally have a chance still. Come on maaaaaaaaaaaaaan they're the Lakers. They are still more talented. They still have Kobe. That last game was bad as they can play.

Kobe's wheel is busted. He can't get to the rim.

Fruit Ninja
05-06-2011, 12:27 PM

Tbey can an but it's going to be really tough. They gotta pull some crazy shit off.

Fruit Ninja
05-06-2011, 12:29 PM
Only the zen master can save them now. He has 11 rings so there is always a chance. With Bynums comments and the Artest suspension I would say the deck is stacked against them.

Bynums only said what everyone knows. I love that he said that. Lakers can't shoot as bad as they did in game 2 again. We will see tonight

Claynus
05-06-2011, 12:36 PM

Actually, they're not.

They lack defenders who can match up with Dallas.

That three-guard lineup totally killed them last game.

LA already worried about Dirk and all of Dallas' three-point shooters have stretched the court. Now suddenly they can't handle Barea's speed inside? Too much to counter.

Hell, the Mavericks got NOTHING from Terry or Peja last game and still whipped up on LA.

Meanwhile the Mavs have solved LA on the defensive side. Chandler and Haywood have been awesome and Kobe's wheel is so busted Jason Kidd can guard him for long stretches.

This series is over.

DBOSHO
05-06-2011, 12:47 PM
The lakers got nothing from nobody the other night. Whats your point?

Reaper16
05-06-2011, 12:48 PM
HELLA SCREENS

Claynus
05-06-2011, 12:50 PM
The lakers got nothing from nobody the other night. Whats your point?

My point is that it's not like Dallas has been at their best either.

Hell, they shot 42 percent.

Now with Artest gets out things get really hairy for LA.

Claynus
05-06-2011, 12:59 PM
Kobe on Playing in Dallas: "Like noise is going to block a jump shot..."

Too bad that is all you are shooting these days, Kobe.

PunkinDrublic
05-06-2011, 01:44 PM
I bet Matt Barnes is still talking shit. Dude talks a lot for a nobody.

Mr. Arrowhead
05-06-2011, 02:37 PM
this series is hella over

Los Pollos Hermanos
05-06-2011, 03:23 PM
I got burned bad in '06, I will not be declaring any Mavs series over until it's over.

Los Pollos Hermanos
05-06-2011, 03:32 PM
Pau is playing with an injury. A broken heart.

http://www.terezowens.com/paus-playoff-struggles-result-of-girlfriend-breakup/

Claynus
05-06-2011, 03:34 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/5/5/5c6076ea-62b9-41db-9bc4-a38ca6c7e199.jpg

Los Pollos Hermanos
05-06-2011, 03:44 PM
At least when Dirk was getting screwed over by the stripper felon he was scoring 35 a night against the Nuggets.

okcchief
05-06-2011, 04:13 PM
Bynums only said what everyone knows. I love that he said that. Lakers can't shoot as bad as they did in game 2 again. We will see tonight

Nothing wrong with what he said but when teams start talkimg through the media it's never good.

Simply Red
05-06-2011, 05:21 PM
where'd this 'Teague' play college ball? Jesus - he's silky tonight!

Simply Red
05-06-2011, 05:22 PM
Boozer waxes his eyebrows, what a homo.:LOL:

Fruit Ninja
05-06-2011, 05:23 PM
Nothing wrong with what he said but when teams start talkimg through the media it's never good.

Ooh, i am sure its been talked in the Locker room as well.

Simply Red
05-06-2011, 05:26 PM
Carlos Boozer is a clown

Chiefs Pantalones
05-06-2011, 05:28 PM
HOLY SHIT ROSE!!

Simply Red
05-06-2011, 05:32 PM
HOLY SHIT ROSE!!

I just can't believe he didn't Championship it w/ Memphis. He went to Memph, right? Someone who can be in the top ten r twenty in the NBA THIS early - should've been able to almost single-handedly win it all in the NCAA the prior. Not sure - but he's really ****ing good!

Chiefs Pantalones
05-06-2011, 05:35 PM
I just can't believe he didn't Championship it w/ Memphis. He went to Memph, right? Someone who can be in the top ten r twenty in the NBA THIS early - should've been able to almost single-handedly win it all in the NCAA the prior. Not sure - but he's really ****ing good!

That's because KU had something to say about that. We beat them in 08 for the title man. :)

Claynus
05-06-2011, 05:36 PM
Rose with 17. Jesus.

Simply Red
05-06-2011, 05:38 PM
That's because KU had something to say about that. We beat them in 08 for the title man. :)

True. Teague pretty special too, for the Hawks, where'd he go to schooooo?

QuikSsurfer
05-06-2011, 05:48 PM
Fuck all the mavs' haters! My friends have always poked fun at my obsession with Dallas teams (NBA and NHL). Now I'm laughing. I'm laughing at their stupid faces.
Tear them up

Simply Red
05-06-2011, 05:51 PM
**** all the mavs' haters! My friends have always poked fun at my obsession with Dallas teams (NBA and NHL). Now I'm laughing. I'm laughing at their stupid faces.
Tear them up

Mike Modano approves:thumb:

Simply Red
05-06-2011, 05:52 PM
ATL getting pwnt

QuikSsurfer
05-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Mike Modano approves:thumb:

Number 9 got me into the sport.. That guy fucking owned the ice in the 90s.. Dude is without a doubt the best American born hockey player.

Claynus
05-06-2011, 05:58 PM
Jesus, Rose!

Chiefs Pantalones
05-06-2011, 06:01 PM
We are killing em'!

Simply Red
05-06-2011, 06:03 PM
We are killing em'!

we? :rolleyes:

HUSH! - The Braves are beating the Phillies!!!

Simply Red
05-06-2011, 06:04 PM
We are killing em'!

you live in Illinois?

Claynus
05-06-2011, 06:04 PM
I am literally watching this game just to see how many points Rose pours in.

Chiefs Pantalones
05-06-2011, 06:06 PM
True. Teague pretty special too, for the Hawks, where'd he go to schooooo?

Oh sorry, Wake Forest

Simply Red
05-06-2011, 06:08 PM
I am literally watching this game just to see how many points Rose pours in.

The Hawks need Kurt Rambus! Oh and Dominique Wilkins..

Simply Red
05-06-2011, 06:09 PM
They could've put Spud Webb on D Ro.

Chiefs Pantalones
05-06-2011, 06:11 PM
you live in Illinois?

I'm engaged sorry.

Simply Red
05-06-2011, 06:12 PM
I'm engaged sorry.

but We could have rough sex, I'll let you double team me with your rolling pin, again!

Claynus
05-06-2011, 06:13 PM
You guys think Rose can defend DWade?

Simply Red
05-06-2011, 06:17 PM
You guys think Rose can defend DWade?

sometimes

Mr. Laz
05-06-2011, 06:33 PM
why in the hell is boozer even on the floor

Gibson is playing much better

Claynus
05-06-2011, 06:43 PM
30 pts for Rose.

Mr. Laz
05-06-2011, 06:54 PM
30 pts for Rose..
Derrick Rose is the worst MVP ever.

Claynus
05-06-2011, 06:55 PM
34 for Rose.

He shot 44 percent during the regular season...so I stand by my statement.

Mr. Laz
05-06-2011, 06:57 PM
34 for Rose.

He shot 44 percent during the regular season...so I stand by my statement.I'll suck your dick..

Simply Red
05-06-2011, 06:58 PM
the Hawks are terrible...and Josh Smith needs to go.

Claynus
05-06-2011, 07:15 PM
FORTY ONE

Sick

Claynus
05-06-2011, 07:17 PM
lol, 44

Filthy performance.

58-4ever
05-06-2011, 07:36 PM
I think the Lakers are done, but it's always fun to watch the end of an era..

Claynus
05-06-2011, 07:38 PM
DIS GUN B GOOD

-King-
05-06-2011, 07:39 PM
Mavs wearing "Our time is now" shirts. How cute.

-King-
05-06-2011, 07:41 PM
I think the Lakers are done, but it's always fun to watch the end of an era..

End of an era? Lakers may have a couple of down years, but they'll still be the team to beat in the future.

58-4ever
05-06-2011, 07:43 PM
End of an era? Lakers may have a couple of down years, but they'll still be the team to beat in the future.

It just depends on who they can sign. Kobe isn't getting younger, and you saw how good the Grizzlies were with a team centered around Pau as your premier player.

-King-
05-06-2011, 07:50 PM
It just depends on who they can sign. Kobe isn't getting younger, and you saw how good the Grizzlies were with a team centered around Pau as your premier player.

Yeah I agree. Maybe I take it for granted that the Lakers will always be a contending team...but there's no reason to think that seeing as how they've been to the most Finals and have the 2nd most titles.

58-4ever
05-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Yeah I agree. Maybe I take it for granted that the Lakers will always be a contending team...but there's no reason to think that seeing as how they've been to the most Finals and have the 2nd most titles.

I'm not saying they won't... LA will always be the landing spot for top flight free agents. I could see the new generation being Russel Westbrook and Dwight Howard. You never know.

DBOSHO
05-06-2011, 07:56 PM
The lakers deServe to lose if theyre going to sag off dirk THAT much.

Claynus
05-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Fucking Dirk. Make love to me.

QuikSsurfer
05-06-2011, 08:00 PM
all over my face please

-King-
05-06-2011, 08:05 PM
ROFL Pussy calls.

Claynus
05-06-2011, 08:06 PM
WITH AUTHORITY

-King-
05-06-2011, 08:06 PM
Jesus Pau! WTF happened to you?

DBOSHO
05-06-2011, 08:07 PM
I wish the lakers would stop playing down to the mavs. Fuck.

Claynus
05-06-2011, 08:08 PM
I wish the lakers would stop playing down to the mavs. Fuck.

STFU

Mavs are a better team 1-12 and Kobe's wheel is busted.

ALL MAVS

Claynus
05-06-2011, 08:10 PM
Wild ass basketball so far.

And Barea hasn't even hit the floor.

LAKERS SCREWED

DBOSHO
Lol clay im sure you had the mavs taking both games in LA.

The lakers are playing slop defense and missing alot of good looks. Not to mention Pau's houdini act.

SNR
I don't hate the Lakers at all. I like Kobe and think Phil is the greatest coach in the history of the game (yes, better than Red).

But the crying and gnashing of teeth from the Lakers fans in this thread is fucking hilarious

DBOSHO
05-06-2011, 08:12 PM
Im not crying, but its pretty obvious that the lakers arent playing their best basketball right now. I just dont want to see the heat win the championship.

Claynus
05-06-2011, 08:13 PM
Im not crying, but its pretty obvious that the lakers arent playing their best basketball right now.

LMAO

Shooting 55 percent.

Should they be shooting 65 percent?

DBOSHO
05-06-2011, 08:15 PM
Im talking particularly on the defensive end.

Claynus
05-06-2011, 08:17 PM
Im talking particularly on the defensive end.

LMAO

The Lakers don't match up well with Dallas, especially with Artest out and Kobe hobbled.

Just accept it.

DBOSHO
05-06-2011, 08:18 PM
Okay you've convinced me.

-King-
05-06-2011, 08:19 PM
They matchup okay with the Mavs as long as Barea isn't out there. Barea is the only true mismatch.

Claynus
05-06-2011, 08:21 PM
Keep telling yourself that while the Mavs shoot 60 percent. LMAO

-King-
05-06-2011, 08:23 PM
Keep telling yourself that while the Mavs shoot 60 percent. LMAO

Who's the other mismatch?

-King-
05-06-2011, 08:26 PM
Shannon...let me get this straight... you can dunk from the fucking half court line...yet you can't make that lay up?

Fuck me.

Claynus
05-06-2011, 08:31 PM
Terry owning everyone tonight.

-King-
05-06-2011, 08:41 PM
BYNUM!

PunkinDrublic
05-06-2011, 08:43 PM
Yeah that wasn't a foul on Bynum. Refs will want to extend this series.

-King-
05-06-2011, 08:44 PM
YES!!

Claynus
05-06-2011, 08:45 PM
Dirk's mad, prepare for a storm bitches.

Al Bundy
05-06-2011, 08:45 PM
lol Kobe with the travel then the finger wag... most players woulda been t'd up for that showing up of the ref.

-King-
05-06-2011, 08:46 PM
Yeah that wasn't a foul on Bynum. Refs will want to extend this series.

Yeah. Lets pretend that the refs are on the Lakers side.

PunkinDrublic
05-06-2011, 08:47 PM
lol Kobe with the travel then the finger wag... most players woulda been t'd up for that showing up of the ref.

Dwayne Wade would have gotten a foul call on the defender.

PunkinDrublic
05-06-2011, 08:49 PM
Yeah. Lets pretend that the refs are on the Lakers side.

When you are capable of adding anything worthwhile to the discussion maybe I'll take into account what you have to say.

-King-
05-06-2011, 08:52 PM
When you are capable of adding anything worthwhile to the discussion maybe I'll take into account what you have to say.

So the refs are on the team with less FT attempts? It's not even like the Mavs are in the paint more than the Lakers warranting the fouls. The Mavs have more jumpshots than the Lakers.

So yeah, stop with the bullshit.

Fruit Ninja
05-06-2011, 09:13 PM
Then ill back up what he said. I am pretty respected when it comes to NBA hoops knowledge around here. I love my Lakers, but i aint no homer. That was a bad fucking call.

They need to start calling a foul for flopping. Yes, i realize Fisher and Gasol like to do it, but i still rather them call a foul for flopping. I hate that shit.

-King-
05-06-2011, 09:16 PM
Whoa. Another flop by Chandler. He's trying to beat out Pierce as a top flopper.

KC_Connection
05-06-2011, 09:18 PM
The Lakers already had their two home games with the support of the refs. It didn't matter, they got beat down each time.

Claynus
05-06-2011, 09:19 PM
This is a great game.

-King-
05-06-2011, 09:21 PM
You won't like Phil Jackson when he's mad.

Spott
05-06-2011, 09:34 PM
Too bad I was out and missed Rose dropping 44 on the Hawks. It's been a long time since I've seen Phil Jackson go off on someone like he is against Gasol. I have a feeling the Lakers will end up winning this series.

okcchief
05-06-2011, 09:38 PM
Not that I have anything against Maynor, I love what he brings to the table, but what's the deal with Nate Robinson? Just a 3rd PG?

And the help in the community is always cool to see from athletes, especially when it's a superstar like KD and they seem excited about it. I don't like in OKC but have heard stories about how nice pretty much all the guys are when they're somewhere for charity or whatever.

I just think at this point they don't want to tamper with success. He wasnt healthy long enough while we had him to work him in to the lineup. Really, he's the 4th PG because Royal Ivey is better all around. I like Nate he just isn't needed here. I never really understood why Boston got rid of him or why we took him.

-King-
05-06-2011, 09:40 PM
Good start to the 4th. Good job bench.

KC_Connection
05-06-2011, 09:41 PM
Bynum is really good when he feels like it.

okcchief
05-06-2011, 09:42 PM
Dallas really doesn't want to let them back in this.

KC_Connection
05-06-2011, 09:46 PM
Bynum is really good when he feels like it.

Same goes for Odom.

-King-
05-06-2011, 09:47 PM
Don't take Bynum out Phil.

-King-
05-06-2011, 09:48 PM
ROFL Dirk is fucking unguardable. His shots have an even higher arc than DFish's.

KC_Connection
05-06-2011, 09:55 PM
You can't help but cheer for Dirk to get another shot in the NBA Finals. Kobe and Gasol are beating him right now, though.

KC_Connection
05-06-2011, 09:56 PM
Peja's making big shots.

Claynus
05-06-2011, 09:56 PM
EASTERN FUCKING EUROPEANS

Claynus
05-06-2011, 09:58 PM
Fuck this is awesome.

Claynus
05-06-2011, 10:02 PM
HOOTIE SPEAKS TROOF

http://i56.tinypic.com/2cxvtpk.jpg

Claynus
05-06-2011, 10:03 PM
THIS GAME

MY MIND

FULL OF FUCK

dirk digler
05-06-2011, 10:04 PM
huge rebound

Claynus
YES!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!1

KC_Connection
Wow.

-King-
Wow.

notorious
05-06-2011, 10:05 PM
Dallas out of this world.

That's what it takes to beat the champs.

The Bad Guy
05-06-2011, 10:06 PM
Tons of contact on that offensive rebound, yet no call.

Pretty unreal.

KC_Connection
Maybe Dirk will have the help to do it this time.

KC_Connection

The game's in Dallas, not LA.

notorious
05-06-2011, 10:07 PM

Pretty unreal.

Happens every game. The Lakers got the championship gift wrapped in game 7 last year because of it.

It's all a matter of perspective.

milkman
Dallas out of this world.

That's what it takes to beat the champs.

I've just watched the last couple of minutes, and what I see is a team (Mavs) getting get ball movement and rotation on offense, while the othe team (Lakers) are playing one on one with everyone lese standing flatfooted on offense.

-King-
LMAO Wow

dirk digler
05-06-2011, 10:08 PM
That is game Congrats to the Mavs and looks like we will have a new champion this year

Pitt Gorilla
Happens every game. The Lakers got the championship gift wrapped in game 7 last year because of it.

It's all a matter of perspective.Yeah, it's pretty rich for Laker fan to whine about fouls.

Claynus
FUCK YOU LA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://markup.thekraemers.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/06/nowitzness.jpg

okcchief
Ding dong the witch Is dead. I think it may be Dallas' year.

notorious
05-06-2011, 10:09 PM
I've just watched the last couple of minutes, and what I see is a team (Mavs) getting get ball movement and rotation on offense, while the othe team (Lakers) are playing one on one with everyone lese standing flatfooted on offense.

Dallas is rotating the ball and taking good open shots.

Mid quarter they were making great shots. Dallas is playing very well.

The Bad Guy
05-06-2011, 10:09 PM
**** YOU LA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://markup.thekraemers.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/06/nowitzness.jpg

Yeah, get the fuck out of here about being a real Mavs fan. You know about as much about basketball as you do paying a mortgage.

notorious
05-06-2011, 10:10 PM
One game left.

And yes, the Lakers can be that good. It would take a historical comeback, but it is possible.

Claynus
05-06-2011, 10:10 PM
Yeah, get the fuck out of here about being a real Mavs fan. You know about as much about basketball as you do paying a mortgage.

EAT SHIT ASSHOLE.

I've been watching the Mavs since jr high.

Your hero Kobe went down like a bitch tonight. 17 pts? LOL

SNR
05-06-2011, 10:11 PM
We saw some championship heart from the Lakers down the stretch in this game. The fact that the Mavs overcame that means they truly are the better team.

Give it up, LA fans. Your team was not the best in the league this year.

DBOSHO
05-06-2011, 10:11 PM
4 in a row is doubtful, but not impossible. Keep doubting LA.

KC_Connection
05-06-2011, 10:12 PM
One game left.

And yes, the Lakers can be that good. It would take a historical comeback, but it is possible.
Two games left in Dallas...they're pretty much done. I'm not sure the Lakers have the character to come back from this...they've always gotten by on sheer talent.

The Bad Guy
05-06-2011, 10:12 PM
EAT SHIT ASSHOLE.

You're a fucking liar.

Kobe has 5 rings. LOL basement dweller.

Claynus
05-06-2011, 10:13 PM
Keep doubting LA.

FRAUDS!

Pitt Gorilla
Great play by Kidd.

-King-
EAT SHIT ASSHOLE.

That bitch has 5 rings. How many rings does Dirk have?

The Bad Guy
We saw some championship heart from the Lakers down the stretch in this game. The fact that the Mavs overcame that means they truly are the better team.

Give it up, LA fans. Your team was not the best in the league this year.

No LA fan is saying they are the best in the league this year. Far from it.

It's an impressive Mavs series.

KevB
Ding dong the witch Is dead. I think it may be Dallas' year.

I think OKC or Memphis will match up better wit the Mavs. They don't have anyone to stop Nowitzki (nobody does), but I don't think they'll let the other guys get off like the Lakers have.

The Bad Guy
That bitch has 5 rings. How many rings does Dirk have?

He wouldn't know. He just started being a real fan this playoff season.

notorious
05-06-2011, 10:14 PM

This.

Dallas couldn't miss (but they were taking open shots) while the Lakers were doing their thing.

Kobe made the shots he always makes to put a team away, but Dallas still beat them.

Fruit Ninja
It was a fun 3 years of final's run, but doing it a 4th time was just to much. Hope OKC wins it all.

Lakers need to trade Pau's btch ass for someone that can play D and its time for Fisher to retire.

Claynus
Dirk is a FUCKING GOD. Terry played his BEST GAME ALL YEAR. Peja is an EASTERN FUCKING EUROPEAN.

I LOVE THIS SHIT AND I MAY MOVE TO ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

dirk digler
4 in a row is doubtful, but not impossible. Keep doubting LA.

It would be a meltdown of historical proportions. The Lakers are done congrats to the Mavs.

SNR
05-06-2011, 10:15 PM
No LA fan is saying they are the best in the league this year. Far from it.

It's an impressive Mavs series.DBSHO was pretty damn close to saying it.

And I'm not sure where LA Chiefsfan is. Probably on the suicide prevention hotline.

Fruit Ninja
The better team ALWAYS wins a 7 game series. I dont give a fuck if its first round semifinals or the finals. IF they werent the better team, they would lose.

DBOSHO
Clay is right about kobe. Hes still a very good player, but he cant carry his team anymore.

But lets see dirk after 3,000,000 games.

The Bad Guy
Dirk is a ****ING GOD. Terry played his BEST GAME ALL YEAR. Peja is an EASTERN ****ING EUROPEAN.

I LOVE THIS SHIT AND I MAY MOVE TO ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Mom and dad get relocated to England?

Claynus
He wouldn't know. He just started being a real fan this playoff season.

You're an idiot dude. I have Mavericks posts on this forum going back years.

Go and eat Kobe's mangina.

Fruit Ninja
05-06-2011, 10:16 PM
DBSHO was pretty damn close to saying it.

And I'm not sure where LA Chiefsfan is. Probably on the suicide prevention hotline.

NO idea why he should. Be 5 championships in the last 10 years is still nice! 99 percent of all major sports franchises wont ever know what thats like. So why be mad?

KevB
Yeah, get the **** out of here about being a real Mavs fan. You know about as much about basketball as you do paying a mortgage.

Speaking of which, how'd "the worst MVP in history" look tonight Red?

-King-
The biggest fault about the Lakers is that we are just too slow. None of the players are able to catch up to the Mavs players if they lose them.

notorious
It would be a meltdown of historical proportions. The Lakers are done congrats to the Mavs.

Dallas has the bloodline and pedigree to meltdown. I don't see it happening, though.

Lakers will reload and in two-three years they will be good again. If Jackson is still there (doubtful) they will be championship good again.

The Bad Guy
DBSHO was pretty damn close to saying it.

Lakers just don't have it this year.

Mavs are clearly outplaying them and deserve to win.

I will say though, the Lakers just look tired. In the last 3 years, they've played another full season worth of games in the playoffs.

Al Bundy
05-06-2011, 10:17 PM
Lakers just don't have it this year.

Mavs are clearly outplaying them and deserve to win.

I will say though, the Lakers just look tired. In the last 3 years, they've played another full season worth of games in the playoffs.

That takes a lot out of you, especially when relying on old players.

The Bad Guy
05-06-2011, 10:17 PM

Paying any attention to anything he says sports wise is the biggest joke ever.

The Bad Guy
05-06-2011, 10:18 PM
That takes a lot out of you, especially when relying on old players.

Absolutely. Not an excuse though. Dallas is just the deeper and better team.

Fruit Ninja
The biggest fault about the Lakers is that we are just too slow. None of the players are able to catch up to the Mavs players if they lose them.

Alot of that is Pau and Fisher. We seen how terrible Pau was against the pick and role early in the game. THen you see fisher's ass ALWAys leaving the man open for 3.

We could get something really nice for Pau. We need someone that can defense, because Bynum is the future of this team. Dude played like an animal all game long.

I am very happy about this. I hope that brace helps him out the rest of his career, because he can be scary good.

KC_Connection
This.

Dallas couldn't miss (but they were taking open shots) while the Lakers were doing their thing.

Kobe made the shots he always makes to put a team away, but Dallas still beat them.
He made two shots in the second half of the 4th quarter, but Kobe had a turnover, made a terrible foul, and took a really bad shot with about three minutes left to let Dallas back in the game.

Claynus
05-06-2011, 10:19 PM
Paying any attention to anything he says sports wise is the biggest joke ever.

LOL

http://www.gifsoup.com/view3/1176379/dirk-kills-bug-o.gif

The Bad Guy
05-06-2011, 10:19 PM
Alot of that is Pau and Fisher. We seen how terrible Pau was against the pick and role early in the game. THen you see fisher's ass ALWAys leaving the man open for 3.

We could get something really nice for Pau. We need someone that can defense, because Bynum is the future of this team. Dude played like an animal all game long.

I am very happy about this. I hope that brace helps him out the rest of his career, because he can be scary good.

He played awesome, but it's a better option to part with Bynum for someone like Howard than trade someone like Pau.

Pau had a bad series, but he's still a great player.

KevB
05-06-2011, 10:20 PM
Defensive lapses killed the Lakers tonight. They just don't have the urgency and tenacity of a championship team. I'm of the opinion, as several have suggested, that it's just been a long three years and it's catching up to these guys. That along with age tells the story IMO.

Fruit Ninja
Dallas has the bloodline and pedigree to meltdown. I don't see it happening, though.

Lakers will reload and in two-three years they will be good again. If Jackson is still there (doubtful) they will be championship good again.

It wont take 2-3 years of Mike can pull something nice. We got Pau to work with, He can get you something real nice!

I am done with Pau. He's going to be 30, He's slowing down fast we seen that in the play offs. Time to trade his ass is now while he has value. We can lower our Payroll by alot if we can plug in a PF that can play D and rebound.

-King-

Worst MVP in history? :LOL:

What bullshit. Kobe should have AT LEAST one more MVP trophy.

dirk digler
Just watching the replays on Sportscenter, damn Phil is all up in Gasol's grill and punching him in the chest.

The Bad Guy
LOL

http://www.gifsoup.com/view3/1176379/dirk-kills-bug-o.gif

5 rings. LOL. Better check Wikipedia so you can update yourself on basketball to act like you know jack shit.

KC_Connection
05-06-2011, 10:21 PM

Not so sure...Bynum will be the central piece then. Does he have what it takes to lead a championship team?

notorious
05-06-2011, 10:21 PM
It wont take 2-3 years of Mike can pull something nice. We got Pau to work with, He can get you something real nice!

I am done with Pau. He's going to be 30, He's slowing down fast we seen that in the play offs. Time to trade his ass is now while he has value. We can lower our Payroll by alot if we can plug in a PF that can play D and rebound.

I agree. The only thing Pau is good for in the playoffs is freethrows. That man can draw the pussiest fouls while shooting I have ever seen.

His .5" vertical doesn't help, either.

Claynus
05-06-2011, 10:22 PM
5 rings. LOL. Better check Wikipedia so you can update yourself on basketball to act like you know jack shit.

And now you're posting like a Broncos fan.

GET OUT

DBOSHO
Real talk though, the lakers deserve to lose this series.

They play with no hustle on defense.

Simply Red

Canal-Bar

notorious
Not so sure...Bynum will be the central piece then. Does he have what it takes to lead a championship team?

Big guys break down. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Lakers move Bynum to get the pieces they need to make another run.

Fruit Ninja
He played awesome, but it's a better option to part with Bynum for someone like Howard than trade someone like Pau.

Pau had a bad series, but he's still a great player.

Rather part with the 30 year old then the 23 year old. If this is how pau is now, and chances are, this is him, considering he's been playing like this for a while now. He does nothing but hurt the team. In both series he was a liability he was in no way shape or form a positive at all during the play offs.

BigCatDaddy
05-06-2011, 10:23 PM
Muther Fuck you Lakers!

Fruit Ninja
05-06-2011, 10:24 PM
Big guys break down. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Lakers move Bynum to get the pieces they need to make another run.

Of course they do, but he's 23 years old. He still has a goood 5-7 years before that. He's not played alot of basketball due to his freakish knee injuries. He's still an ascending player.

With Pau you can get the same if NOT more value, then with Bynum imo. A team thats knocking on the doorstep may think this will put them over the hump.

KC_Connection
05-06-2011, 10:24 PM
Around who? Their core players in Kobe, Gasol, and Odom are aging.

Unless they can get another young impact guy in return for Bynum, I'm not sure how trading him will benefit them long-term.

The Bad Guy
05-06-2011, 10:25 PM
Rather part with the 30 year old then the 23 year old. If this is how pau is now, and chances are, this is him, considering he's been playing like this for a while now. He does nothing but hurt the team. In both series he was a liability he was in no way shape or form a positive at all during the play offs.

Then they have to get an athletic 4 for Pau because Howard and Bynum would not work together.

Simply Red
When you DON'T see Jeff VanGundy, as he speaks. - he sounds like Mary Carillo, or some other gay female, ex tennis player.

KC_Connection
When you DON'T see Jeff VanGundy, as he speaks. - he sounds like Mary Carillo, or some other gay female, ex tennis player.
Pretty much.

Fruit Ninja
05-06-2011, 10:26 PM
I agree. The only thing Pau is good for in the playoffs is freethrows. That man can draw the pussiest fouls while shooting I have ever seen.

His .5" vertical doesn't help, either.

Yep, he showed the last 20-30 games that he's breaking down, he's 30 years old abou tto be 31 i think.

Another team like Indiana, Golden State would love to has someone like Pau.

This trade value will be no higher then it is this off season. Kupchek knows what he's doing. He's going to do something nice watch.

okcchief
05-06-2011, 10:26 PM
Dirk is unfuckingguardable right now.

You don't have to like the Lakers and I don't. You do have to fucking respect them.

Dirk will never have five rings regardless and they better keep focus. They should have won in 2006 too.

The Bad Guy
05-06-2011, 10:27 PM
And now you're posting like a Broncos fan.

GET OUT

Like you have any authority you failure at life.

notorious
05-06-2011, 10:27 PM
You don't build a championship team around center in today's NBA.

23 and he has constant knee injuries. Get it while the getting is good.

The Bad Guy
05-06-2011, 10:28 PM

Absolutely.

I think Bynum brings a much better return than Pau.

You can win with Pau at 4 and get Howard for Bynum.

He's a monster now, but his knee is going to give problems down the road.

Fruit Ninja
05-06-2011, 10:29 PM
Then they have to get an athletic 4 for Pau because Howard and Bynum would not work together.

Fuck howard, i dont want him.NEver did. He can stay his ass in Orlando or go to New Jersey, i dont care.

We got other needs beside trading bynum for howard. We need a 3 point shooter off the bench, we need a point guard.

If we trade Bynum for Howard, the Magic are going to want MORE then just bynum. WE GOT NOTHING ELSE OF VALUE!

WE trade Pau, we could get a decent PF and hell a Young point guard or a 3 point shooter off the bench. The return is much better.

KC_Connection
05-06-2011, 10:29 PM
Dirk is un****ingguardable right now.

You don't have to like the Lakers and I don't. You do have to ****ing respect them.

Dirk will never have five rings regardless and they better keep focus. They should have won in 2006 too.
What is all this about five rings? Why is it necessary for him to match up to Kobe?

Whatever happens, Dirk is still one of the greatest scorers of all time. It's clear, though, he wants this championship that much more than anybody else right now.

Fruit Ninja
05-06-2011, 10:30 PM
Absolutely.

I think Bynum brings a much better return than Pau.

You can win with Pau at 4 and get Howard for Bynum.

He's a monster now, but his knee is going to give problems down the road.

Thats exactly why no team is going to give you great value for Bynum. His knee's they are going to be like we will take him, but we are going to want something else as well.

Its not a smart move imo.

BigCatDaddy
The Lakers are old and washed up. Look forward of a repeat of the Nick Van Exel and Eldon Campbell years now.

okcchief
I wouldn't give on Pau because of one year. Last year he made more big plays than anyone in the team. He'll be back.

Fruit Ninja
The Lakers are old and washed up. Look forward of a repeat of the Nick Van Exel and Eldon Campbell years now.

lol, thats not going to happen. Tho i loved Van Exel. Who's your team son?

KC_Connection

Unless they get an impact player in return for Bynum (and I'm not so sure they will, he's injury prone and everyone knows it), the next few seasons aren't going to end any differently than this for LA.

Fruit Ninja
05-06-2011, 10:31 PM
I wouldn't give on Pau because of one year. Last year he made more big plays than anyone in the team. He'll be back.

Its not just one year, its one year plus goign to the finals 3 years in a row, having only 1 offseason because of his country basketball obligations and the fact he makes 17 million PLUS the fact that he's about to be 31.

Its much more then just 1 year.

notorious
05-06-2011, 10:32 PM
Why is it necessary for him to match up to Kobe?

No kidding. One of the best of all time with the best coach of all time.

There is no comparison, and shouldn't be.

Claynus
05-06-2011, 10:32 PM
Whatever happens, Dirk is still one of the greatest scorers of all time. It's clear, though, he wants this championship that much more than anybody else right now.

He's probably my favorite pro athlete of all time. Tonight was like watching Montana eviscerate the Oilers inside the Astrodome.

Simply Red
05-06-2011, 10:33 PM
No kidding. One of the best of all time with the best coach of all time.

There is no comparison, and shouldn't be.

BS! DANNY AINGE!!!!!!!!!!!

notorious
Unless they get an impact player in return for Bynum (and I'm not so sure they will, he's injury prone and everyone knows it), the next few seasons aren't going to end any differently than this for LA.

Of course they will get an excellent player.

They are the Lakers after all.

okcchief
What is all this about five rings? Why is it necessary for him to match up to Kobe?

I'm just saying for those rubbing it in. Dirk doesn't have even one ring yet and that's how your judged in the end. No matter how great he is most people just remember him shitting down his leg at the NBA finals. That being said I think he gets it done this year. I hope I'm wrong though :)

KC_Connection
05-06-2011, 10:34 PM
I'm just saying for those rubbing it in. Dirk doesn't have even one ring yet and that's how your judged in the end. No matter how great he is most people just remember him shitting down his leg at the NBA finals. That being said I think he gets it done this year. I hope I'm wrong though :)
I'll remember the refs helping Wade win in that NBA Finals more than anything else.

Claynus
05-06-2011, 10:34 PM
lol @ Phil Jackson's butthurt.

"Coach, can you describe the level of play from Dirk?"

"....great."

notorious
05-06-2011, 10:35 PM
BS! DANNY AINGE!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't say the whitest,tightest ball-strangling shorts wearing b-ball player/coach of all-time. :)

BigCatDaddy
05-06-2011, 10:36 PM
lol, thats not going to happen. Tho i loved Van Exel. Who's your team son?

I'm a old school Bulls fan that's been looking for a team. Being on OU fan I've now decided to adopt the Clippers, :)

okcchief
05-06-2011, 10:36 PM
I'll remember the refs helping Wade win in that NBA Finals more than anything else.

If Dirk hits free throws that doesn't even matter.

Fruit Ninja
05-06-2011, 10:37 PM
I'm a old school Bulls fan that's been looking for a team. Being on OU fan I've now decided to adopt the Clippers, :)

i cant even talk to you about basketball then, you dont count.

How the hell do you switch teams? haha

notorious
05-06-2011, 10:38 PM

You are forsaking the Bull's?!!?!

Noooooooooooooo! Brad Sellars farts in your general direction.

Claynus
If Dirk hits free throws that doesn't even matter.

Dirk is not the one who missed the free throws. It was Josh Howard.

DIRK = GOD

Mr. Arrowhead
Yaaaaaaaa how bout them mavs!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Fruit Ninja
05-06-2011, 10:39 PM
lol @ Phil Jackson's butthurt.

"Coach, can you describe the level of play from Dirk?"

"....great."

ughh, phil is always like that win or lose. 11 finals wins and 13 appearance. I am sure Phil will be ok.