PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports **** Official 2011 NBA Playoffs Thread ****

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Count Zarth
05-17-2011, 11:40 PM
Are you serious? Just stop, please. Mavs picked up Peja as a street free agent mid-season. He didn't play for a bit because of his chronic back problems. He played in 25 games, starting 13. He was brilliant to the tune of 8 points and 2.6 boards/game.

Peja is a huge reason the Mavs are letting me sit here and troll Thunder fans.

KevB
05-17-2011, 11:41 PM
Lol take your own advice.

I can't let erroneous facts go by without response; it's the opinions I won't address.

By the way, the brilliant Peja's PER for Dallas this year was 14.1. That ranked 10th on the team, slightly ahead of the incomparable Ian Mahinmi.

KevB
05-17-2011, 11:44 PM

He's done good things in these playoffs, but my original point still clearly stands : Peja is found money right now, and Mavs fans assuming he remains an integral part of their success isn't realistic. Acting as if you knew he was going to perform this way just tells me you aren't really a Mavs fan that's watched any of their games this season.

Count Zarth
05-17-2011, 11:44 PM
I can't let erroneous facts go by without response; it's the opinions I won't address.

By the way, the brilliant Peja's PER for Dallas this year was 14.1. That ranked 10th on the team, slightly ahead of the incomparable Ian Mahinmi.

And in the playoffs he's behind only Dirk, Terry and Kidd.

You will hate Peja's eastern european guts by the end of this series...especially when he makes a key defensive play.

Count Zarth
05-17-2011, 11:47 PM
I will make you a bet, okc. Peja has has a better 3-point shooting percentage and hits more threes than Durant for the series. Durant already has the edge in both categories. You are a big pussy if you don't take this bet.

My sig vs yours til football season. Man up or you are a bigger pussy than Kendrick Perkins.

Man up and take this bet pussies.

SNR
05-17-2011, 11:50 PM
Man up and take this bet pussies.If they don't, then I will. And I'm not even a Thunder fan.

I will allow Thunder fans to have dibs, though

KevB
05-17-2011, 11:52 PM
And in the playoffs he's behind only Dirk, Terry and Kidd.

.....which should make you nervous.

Count Zarth
05-17-2011, 11:59 PM
.....which should make you nervous.

Thunder fans are going to be real nervous when they see Peja hiding in the corner in game two.

He will rip your heart out and stomp on it when you least expect it.

By game 5 of this series when he has the ball in your hands you're going to exclaim "OH SHIT, NOT PEJA AGAIN!"

Count Zarth
05-18-2011, 12:02 AM
The two most prolific three-point snipers left in the playoffs are going head to head bitches.

Peja's gonna show Durant how the white man bombs.

http://i53.tinypic.com/108iqzm.jpg

-King-
05-18-2011, 12:09 AM
Of course Peja will have a better 3P%. He's a one trick pony.

Count Zarth
05-18-2011, 12:11 AM
Of course Peja will have a better 3P%. He's a one trick pony.

Thats why I included total three pointers.

Surely the amazing Kevin Durant can best an old unathletic white man with a bad knee.

Spott
05-18-2011, 04:32 AM
http://hoopeduponline.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/taj-gibson-dunks-on-dwyane-wade.jpg

The Bad Guy
05-18-2011, 05:12 AM
Thats why I included total three pointers.

Surely the amazing Kevin Durant can best an old unathletic white man with a bad knee.

Your basketball stupidity knows no limits.

JASONSAUTO
05-18-2011, 05:35 AM
Your basketball stupidity knows no limits.

Why limit it to basketball?
Posted via Mobile Device

Los Pollos Hermanos
05-18-2011, 06:24 AM

You're smoking crack.

Peja had a good series against the Lakers because they refused to guard him. But he was a non-factor against Portland and he had only a handful of decent games in the regular season.

Los Pollos Hermanos
05-18-2011, 06:25 AM
So Nowitzki has one of the best playoff games ever, Barea plays out of his mind, Westbrook is terrible, all in the first game at home and the Mavs win by 8. They're good but your overstating things here.

Barea didn't play out of his mind, the Thunder just played terrible defense against him. He can score wide open layups all day long without being out of his mind to do so.

DaKCMan AP
05-18-2011, 06:57 AM
Super pumped for game 2 tonight!

Big 3 can make up for anything Miami Heat lacks

BY ISRAEL GUTIERREZ

IGUTIERREZ@MIAMIHERALD.COM

CHICAGO -- Stubborn, repetitive, confident.

Erik Spoelstra is all of those things.

Willing, ambitious, capable.
Dwyane Wade, LeBron James and Chris Bosh are all of those things.

So when you want to hear from Spoelstra about adjustments and new schemes and rotations to fix the Heat’sGame 1 issues against the Bulls, you’re not going to. Not when, from what he has seen over the span of a full season, such adjustments aren’t necessary to fix what was missing Sunday.

Instead, you hear a lot of this: “We must get to our game,” Spoelstra said.

And just because you want to see effort players such as Udonis Haslem and Mike Miller get more minutes because they can mix it up on the glass and dive to the floor, you won’t hear those same requests from the Big 3. Not when they feel they can provide all of those things, in addition to what they already are required to do on the offensive end.

Instead, you hear this: “Me and D-Wade have to do a better job of rebounding,” James said.

Here’s everything you need to know about the Heat’s ability to rebound from that Game 1 loss and recover in this series: It’s on the Big 3 to make that happen.

It’s a thought that would worry most Heat fans who are begging for Miami’s supporting cast to produce like Chicago’s — fans who are afraid the Big 3 are finally facing a team they can’t beat by themselves.

But it also should be a comforting thought to know that these three are putting even more on their shoulders because, frankly, who else would you prefer to rely on?

NOTHING NEW

They have done this before. James, regardless of what some would say, has put up big numbers against a Tom Thibodeau defense. He has put up huge rebounding totals. He has recovered from poor games with an explosive performance at just the right time.

Wade has done all of those things. Bosh maybe doesn’t have the same track record, but hasn’t he inspired confidence based on his past three playoff performances?

So when all three of them look at what was missing from the Heat in Sunday’s disappointing opener, they see blanks they can fill. They see areas they have filled before. Plenty of times.

Just consider the other options here.

If the Heat’s primary area of need in this series is rebounding, should the team really place a huge burden on Joel Anthony or Jamaal Magloire to provide it? Should the team ask a rusty Haslem to come in and take over the glass?

It’s fair to ask a little more of any of them, sure, but the bulk of that responsibility should fall on the shoulders of the superstars because it’s not a new experience for them.

LeBron has had one 15-rebound game, two 14-rebound games and one 10-rebound game in these playoffs alone. On Sunday, he had just six.

Wade has had three double-figure rebounding games in these playoffs. On Sunday, he had three.

Those two know that when Anthony and Bosh are providing help defense on Derrick Rose and forcing him into misses, it’s their job to battle with Carlos Boozer and Joakim Noah in the paint. At least they know now.

“It’s the fourth straight time we’ve gotten outrebounded , going back to the regular season,” James said. “That’s where they’re very dominant. We can’t allow that.

[B]“Me and D-Wade are athletic enough, we’re aware enough to see where the ball is going off the rim, to go get it.”

When James and Wade are telling you they will help fix the rebounding discrepancy by attacking the glass themselves, don’t you feel pretty confident that can happen?

Spoelstra certainly does.

It’s why he’s not pinning the rebounding responsibilities on his big men alone, the way most coaches naturally would respond.

Spoelstra recognizes two things: First, that the Heat was third in the league in rebounding differential this season. Second, that the Heat did that without one player averaging double-figure rebounds, and with a center rotation that remains unsettled to this day.

CONFIDENT COACH

When Spoelstra repeats phrases like “collective effort,” “high energy” and “get to our game,” it might sound like a stubborn coach unwilling to bend. And it is. But it’s a stubborn coach whose players have left him quite confident that his persistence will pay dividends.

“We don’t have one guy that’s averaging 12, 13, 14 rebounds,” Spoelstra said. “It’s always been a collective thing. Nobody can rest, nobody can hide. Everybody is going to be required to do their part. And we have guys that have proven they can do it. It’s not something that we have to invent now. We’ve done it all season long. We did not do it in Game 1.

“[Wednesday] night, and for the rest of the series for that matter, it’s all hands on deck.”

That includes the hustle plays, as well. LeBron wasn’t particularly interested in closing out hard on three-point shooters Sunday. That should change because the Heat is among the best in the league in that area.

The Heat wasn’t the team diving out of bounds to rescue loose balls Sunday. That should change because, frankly, Wade has spent quite a lot of time diving into stands of late and seems to like it.

“That’s within you,” James said. “You can’t practice that.”

All of the elements that were missing from the Heat on Sunday are within these three superstars. They can make up for height differential. They can make up for depth issues. They can make up for inconsistent shooting.

They have done it before. And they would be more than happy to do it again.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/05/18/v-fullstory/2221784/big-3-can-make-up-for-anything.html#ixzz1MhxonFzq

KevB
05-18-2011, 07:45 AM
Barea didn't play out of his mind, the Thunder just played terrible defense against him. He can score wide open layups all day long without being out of his mind to do so.

He knocked down a couple of 3s off pick and roll, which isn't typical of him. Also a career playoff high. He is capable of playing this way, but he isn't going to do this every night.
Posted via Mobile Device

loochy
05-18-2011, 08:15 AM
KobeWestbrook played like shit. The LakersThunder barely survived the HornetsGrizzlies who fucking cares. DurantDirk is one of the scorers in the league. To act like him scoring 40 is a big deal is laughable.

FYP

What you said can work both ways dude.

loochy
05-18-2011, 08:17 AM
Just like Championships don't belong in Dallas.

As Chiefs fans, we can't really talk about this sort of thing.

Count Zarth
05-18-2011, 08:26 AM
He knocked down a couple of 3s off pick and roll, which isn't typical of him. Also a career playoff high. He is capable of playing this way, but he isn't going to do this every night.
Posted via Mobile Device

That's why the Mavs are so dangerous. Every night someone else is going to step up and hurt you.

Count Zarth
05-18-2011, 08:30 AM
But he was a non-factor against Portland

LMAO

Had 21 pts in a game 2 win and averaged 9.5 PPG for the series. That's hardly a non factor.

He plays 20-25 mins every night. He is a huge factor in almost every run Dallas makes. You have to respect his shot and that stretches the court.

Simply Red
05-18-2011, 08:39 AM
not my favorite team and certainly NOT my first choice - but I bet Dallas wins it all.

Los Pollos Hermanos
05-18-2011, 08:48 AM
LMAO

Had 21 pts in a game 2 win and averaged 9.5 PPG for the series. That's hardly a non factor.

He plays 20-25 mins every night. He is a huge factor in almost every run Dallas makes. You have to respect his shot and that stretches the court.

Meh. I can't get on the Peja bandwagon. I've hated him since he played for the Kings.

okcchief
05-18-2011, 09:02 AM
I will make you a bet, okc. Peja has has a better 3-point shooting percentage and hits more threes than Durant for the series. Durant already has the edge in both categories. You are a big pussy if you don't take this bet.

My sig vs yours til football season. Man up or you are a bigger pussy than Kendrick Perkins.

What does that have to do with anything? Peja is a good three pont shooter and was a great player when he was younger. Durant isn't a great 3 point shooter. What are you trying to prove? It doesn't even make sense. My argument was just that Durant is very capable of scoring 40 points again in the series. You made it seem like it was some special deal that will never happen again.

The Mavs played well but you act like it was a much more dominating performance that it really was. That is all.

Count Zarth
05-18-2011, 09:04 AM
Only Durant has made more three pointers than Peja among players who are left.

Find your big Oklahoma testicles and let's do this.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg12/ChrisCBX/Kevin%20Durant/a0a33c343a7eafe916e8a780d868d10d-getty-91026022lm013_thunder_hornets.jpg

okcchief
05-18-2011, 09:06 AM
It's much more unlikely that Dirk will go 12-15 from the field and 24-24 from the line than KD scoring 40 points BTW.

I picked the Mavs to win the series but I feel we can compete. I'm not even going to argue you with you about it anymore because you don't even understand your own team. They have several people that can shoot 3s. They are the best 3 point shoot team ever. Peja lit it up one of the 10 games you watched this year so he sticks out to you. I understand.

Los Pollos Hermanos
05-18-2011, 09:07 AM
"JJ Barea has a great story, worked his butt off and now killing on the big stage! Congrats you deserve it!" -Andrew Bynum on Twitter

okcchief
05-18-2011, 09:10 AM
Only Durant has made more three pointers than Peja among players who are left.

Find your big Oklahoma testicles and let's do this.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg12/ChrisCBX/Kevin%20Durant/a0a33c343a7eafe916e8a780d868d10d-getty-91026022lm013_thunder_hornets.jpg

You have issues.

But sure, whatrever. It's a bet.

Count Zarth
05-18-2011, 09:12 AM
You have issues.

But sure, whatrever. It's a bet.

Downfield Big Game Peja is coming for you.

http://cbsdallas.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/109037027.jpg?w=420

okcchief
05-18-2011, 09:14 AM
Of course Peja is a better 3 point shooter you idiot. He's not the focus of the offense and gets wide open shots all day. Durant will have more total threes for sure though so there is no way I lose the bet. Maybe push on percentage.

It's really a stupid bet.

Count Zarth
05-18-2011, 09:19 AM
Durant will have more total threes for sure though so there is no way I lose the bet.

LMAO

Dallas has the best three-point defense in the playoffs this year and one of the best all year. Trust me the Mavs will have something for Durant.

Chiefs Pantalones
05-18-2011, 09:21 AM
http://hoopeduponline.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/taj-gibson-dunks-on-dwyane-wade.jpg

LMAO

DBOSHO
05-18-2011, 09:23 AM
The mavs are riding a cloud right now. If their shooting drops even a little bit this will be a long series.

DaKCMan AP
05-18-2011, 09:28 AM
"JJ Barea has a great story, worked his butt off and now killing on the big stage! Congrats you deserve it!" -Andrew Bynum on Twitter

LMAO

Urc Burry
05-18-2011, 11:02 AM
Off topic but do you guys think the NBA is rigged? The lottery for starters, the bulls had a 1.7% chance of landing DRose...and now the Cavs get the 1st and 4th picks the year after they lose Lebron?

And who can forget the '02 WCF

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/H_i3Vnd0n44" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

loochy
05-18-2011, 11:20 AM
Off topic but do you guys think the NBA is rigged? The lottery for starters, the bulls had a 1.7% chance of landing DRose...and now the Cavs get the 1st and 4th picks the year after they lose Lebron?

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/H_i3Vnd0n44" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yeah, I think it is rigged sometimes. I wouldn't call it completely rigged, but I'd say that referees are definitely encouraged to push games in certain directions.

DaKCMan AP
05-18-2011, 11:32 AM

The Minnesota Timberwolves had a 25 percent chance of winning after finishing with a league-worst 17-65 record, but fell to second overall.

"This league has a habit, and I am just going to say habit, of producing some pretty incredible story lines," Minnesota GM Kahn said. "Last year it was Abe Pollin's widow and this year it was a 14-year-old boy and the only thing we have in common is we have both been bar mitzvahed. We were done. I told Kevin: 'We're toast.' This is not happening for us and I was right."

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/213752/Kahn_Claims_NBA_Has_Habit_Of_Producing_Incredible_Story_Lines#ixzz1Mj5zj5a6

:hmmm:

okcchief
05-18-2011, 05:50 PM
LMAO

Dallas has the best three-point defense in the playoffs this year and one of the best all year. Trust me the Mavs will have something for Durant.

I could really give a shit about this bet. Faggot signature bets mean shit to me. There is no way I won't push because Durant will have a fuck load more attempts and Dallas will dare him to take the three as they should. He's not a great 3 point shooter yet but he will be.

Dallas is the better team and will probably win the series. I have said that all along. They have the best bench in the league and Dirk is playing the best ball of his career. That was the most efficient offensive game you will ever see. They pass the ball better than anyone and they shoot the ball from three as good as any team I've ever seen.

Defensively they arent any better man for man but since they run the zone it makes them better against the Thunder because it limits Westbrooks effectiveness. We are definitely dominated on the coaching side.

I feel like we were built to beat the Lakers and the Spurs who most thought would be at the end. From the get go I said I didn't want to play Dallas or Portland, even though we beat Portland 3 out of 4. The Lakers didn't scare me a bit and I was hoping they would beat Dallas for us.

Dallas is the team to beat but you man crush on Peja just proves you have barely watched this season.

okcchief
05-18-2011, 06:00 PM
FYP

What you said can work both ways dude.

So you are saying the Hornets without David West are as good as Memphis? Memphis beat the number 1 seed and had a great record from January on. NO wouldn't have made the playoffs had they not had West most of the year. Dallas is actually damn lucky we beat Memphis because that would have been a bad matchup for them.

The point of that post was Durant can score 40 with ease and his statement was fucking stupid. Kobe is not the scorer Durant is at this point and that's fact. I don't want to diminish what Dallas has done they are the best team left. If they don't win it all it will be a flat out choke in my eyes.

DaKCMan AP
05-18-2011, 06:14 PM
Game 2: LETS DO THIS!

http://www.nba.com/heat/photos/hpg1011_james3_mediaday_100927.jpg

vailpass
05-18-2011, 06:17 PM
Game 2: LETS DO THIS!

http://www.nba.com/heat/photos/hpg1011_james3_mediaday_100927.jpg

I are takin mize talemts to souf beech. You means wee didnt win da champeenshiip when we beatz da bostom shellticks?

DaKCMan AP
05-18-2011, 06:20 PM
I are takin mize talemts to souf beech. You means wee didnt win da champeenshiip when we beatz da bostom shellticks?

You can criticize Lebron for many things, but talking like Thannon Tharpe shouldn't be one of them. He's far from illiterate.

-King-
05-18-2011, 06:44 PM
Holy fuck. ROFL Miami got raped on the Offensive boards.

DaKCMan AP
05-18-2011, 06:51 PM
Holy ****. ROFL Miami got raped on the Offensive boards.

Yeah.. :grr:

-King-
05-18-2011, 06:52 PM
ROFL Miami isn't done getting dunked on.

DaKCMan AP
05-18-2011, 06:55 PM
2 fouls on Rose

-King-
05-18-2011, 07:02 PM
ROFL Seriously.

-King-
05-18-2011, 07:02 PM
Damn Chalmers. Could you make that any more obvious?

DaKCMan AP
05-18-2011, 07:03 PM
Bron returns the dunking favor.

-King-
05-18-2011, 07:05 PM
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!

tk13
Deng, Deng. That's a winner.

DaKCMan AP
When Dung gets that to go you know everything is rocking in chicago's favor.

dirk digler
what a fucking shot LMAO

Mr. Arrowhead
05-18-2011, 07:06 PM
ROFL I love half courter

-King-
05-18-2011, 07:11 PM
Heh, I could have sworn this game was being played in Chicago. Apparently the refs think this is Miami.

DaKCMan AP
05-18-2011, 07:12 PM
Heh, I could have sworn this game was being played in Chicago. Apparently the refs think this is Miami.

Miami has more PF's than Chicago..

DaKCMan AP
05-18-2011, 07:22 PM
James to Wade - that was pretty!

KCUnited
05-18-2011, 07:40 PM
Bibby looks like a taller Verne Troyer.

dirk digler
05-18-2011, 07:40 PM
Korver can't hit shit

DaKCMan AP
05-18-2011, 07:41 PM
Heat up 2 at half.

DaKCMan AP
05-18-2011, 07:42 PM
Rebounds are even at 20, though Chicago has 9 offensive boards.

Chiefs Pantalones
05-18-2011, 08:03 PM
lol wow the Bulls would have to really shit the bed to lose this series.

Count Zarth
05-18-2011, 08:04 PM
lol, did anyone see Wade whining to the ref? What a jerkoff.

DaKCMan AP
05-18-2011, 08:06 PM
lol, did anyone see Wade whining to the ref? What a jerkoff.

http://www.nba.com/media/heat/wade7_300_060620.jpg

dirk digler
05-18-2011, 08:09 PM
How many layups is Boozer going to miss..geez

DaKCMan AP
05-18-2011, 08:12 PM
Effort a lot better by the Heat tonight.

okcchief
05-18-2011, 08:13 PM
Miami and OKC must win game 2. The road team that loses the first 2 games loses 94% of the time in the conference finals. I can't believe that number is so high. It's even more key for OKC since Dallas is the best road team in the league.

DaKCMan AP
05-18-2011, 08:17 PM
Miami and OKC must win game 2. The road team that loses the first 2 games loses 94% of the time in the conference finals. I can't believe that number is so high. It's even more key for OKC since Dallas is tied with Miami as the best road team in the league.

FYP

DaKCMan AP
05-18-2011, 08:17 PM
Haslem tells Chicago.. IN YOUR MOTHERFUCKING EYE

DaKCMan AP
05-18-2011, 08:18 PM
Miami is playing outstanding D here in the 3rd.

DaKCMan AP
05-18-2011, 08:22 PM
I'm BACK bitches!

http://www.nba.com/heat/photos/hpg1011_haslem1_introvideoshoot_101005.jpg

DaKCMan AP
05-18-2011, 08:33 PM
http://www.nba.com/heat/photos/hpg0910_100609_udparty_15.jpg

Count Zarth
05-18-2011, 08:47 PM
This is awesome.

-King-
05-18-2011, 08:50 PM
Gonna be a good ending.

By the way DaKCman...Your sig is kind of obnoxious.

dirk digler
05-18-2011, 08:55 PM
Korver stuffing Wade. It doesn't get any more embarrassing than that

Saul Good
05-18-2011, 08:57 PM

They actually ruled that a foul on the Mavericks.

DaKCMan AP
05-18-2011, 08:57 PM
JAMES!

DaKCMan AP
05-18-2011, 08:59 PM

I think it just did with Bibby stuffing Deng. LMAO

The Bad Guy
05-18-2011, 09:01 PM
Gonna be a good ending.

By the way DaKCman...Your sig is kind of obnoxious.

It's not just his sig.

dirk digler
05-18-2011, 09:02 PM
I think it just did with Bibby stuffing Deng. LMAO

Not really but it was a good play by Bibby

DaKCMan AP
05-18-2011, 09:02 PM
LOL @ Korver

dirk digler
05-18-2011, 09:04 PM
Korver couldn't hit the broad side of the barn

okcchief
05-18-2011, 09:06 PM
FYP

Miami plays in the East. That doesnt count since multiple sub .500 teams make the playoffs.

DaKCMan AP
05-18-2011, 09:06 PM
Tonight Miami's D > Chicago's D

DaKCMan AP
05-18-2011, 09:07 PM
Home court advantage: MIAMI :)

dirk digler
05-18-2011, 09:09 PM
Good game Miami

DaKCMan AP
05-18-2011, 09:09 PM
lol wow the Bulls would have to really shit the bed to lose this series.

:LOL:

okcchief
05-18-2011, 09:11 PM
I'll give credit where credit is do. Miami stepped up tonight. Not to my surprise as I picked them to win the JV conference. It will be a joy to see them raped in the finals.

Count Zarth
05-18-2011, 09:15 PM
This is good. The Mavs will sweep OKC and the Heat and Bulls will beat each other up.

Chiefs Pantalones
05-18-2011, 09:20 PM
How many layups is Boozer going to miss..geez

They missed a shit load of layups and had a bunch of forced shots tonight. They didn't play smart. Chicago is the better team they just have to play smarter. The Heat aren't that good.

58-4ever
05-18-2011, 09:21 PM
This is good. The Mavs will sweep OKC and the Heat and Bulls will beat each other up.

Ill bet you all my casino cash that the Mavs don't sweep

okcchief
05-18-2011, 09:22 PM

This sounds like a better bet. Put up or STFU.

Count Zarth
05-18-2011, 09:23 PM
Haha. You guys are so easy to troll.

I am serious about that Peja shit though. White power.

The Bad Guy
05-18-2011, 09:35 PM
Haha. You guys are so easy to troll.

I am serious about that Peja shit though. White power.

Peja's more gray than white.

KC_Connection
05-18-2011, 10:17 PM
And Miami takes firm control of the series. Still say 4-2...LeBron and Wade are too good.

DaKCMan AP
05-19-2011, 05:07 AM
They missed a shit load of layups and had a bunch of forced shots tonight. They didn't play smart. Chicago is the better team they just have to play smarter. The Heat aren't that good.

LMAO

Miami is the better team. Chicago has more depth and is better at rebounding. Miami's D was better last night. Miami's hustle was better last night. Miami's best bench player was better than Chicago's best bench player last night. Miami out-rebounded Chicago last night and Miami's superstars were better than Chicago's superstar last night.

But go ahead and pretend that it was all because Chicago didn't play well or smart. Pretend that Miami isn't good. You'll just be wrong like the many other times you've been throughout this thread and others.

Los Pollos Hermanos
05-19-2011, 05:54 AM
And Miami takes firm control of the series. Still say 4-2...LeBron and Wade are too good.

1-1 is firm control?

DaKCMan AP
05-19-2011, 05:57 AM
1-1 is firm control?

Not at all. Last night just means it's now a series.

Chiefs Pantalones
05-19-2011, 09:57 AM
LMAO

Miami is the better team. Chicago has more depth and is better at rebounding. Miami's D was better last night. Miami's hustle was better last night. Miami's best bench player was better than Chicago's best bench player last night. Miami out-rebounded Chicago last night and Miami's superstars were better than Chicago's superstar last night.

But go ahead and pretend that it was all because Chicago didn't play well or smart. Pretend that Miami isn't good. You'll just be wrong like the many other times you've been throughout this thread and others.

Miami is the better team? ROFL I don't think two players make a team, but whatever you say Mr. Snuggles.

DaKCMan AP
05-19-2011, 11:15 AM
Miami is the better team? ROFL I don't think two players make a team, but whatever you say Mr. Snuggles.

You continuing to say Miami only has 2 contributing players doesn't make it true. However, you've been dead wrong about everything thus far so no reason for you start being right.

58-4ever
05-19-2011, 11:48 AM
It's game day! Time for the Thunder to take home court. I'm hoping Joey Crawford is not officiating this game. It was bad on both sides. If the Thunder get to play physically, this series may turn around tonight.

Demonpenz
05-19-2011, 12:10 PM
The NBA Draft is right around the corner. It is of course time for me to review what the Pacers should do in the offseason. I of course have been slaving over tapes, stats, and youtube videos searching for the answers of how the Pacers can Win the big one. That is right... A PLAYOFF SERIES. I think I have the answer! What we do is we genetic engineer Tyler Hansburo with Rik Smits. Can you imagine that amount of Dutch and that amount of Poplar Bluff Missouri in one basketball player? It of course would amount to a shitload of awesome. You take Tyler Hansburo's ability to breathe through his mouth, with The Dunkin' Dutchman's Jump Shot. You got yourself a 100 yard dash of whoop ass. He will be throwing elbows like nba jam, but shooting the basektball like he is blinking in the game Double Dribble for the Nintindo Entertainment System. How can it get any more awesome? We will bring John Stockton's Shorts out of retirement and put them on this TYLER SMITS BEAST. The thought of the left testical slipping out of his shorts will give Him/IT the space needed to knock down 24 Jumpers

okcchief
05-19-2011, 12:22 PM
Getting Haslem back helps Miami a ton. He's exactly what they have been missing. I still think they fall short this year but if they do win it I will bow down.

okcchief
05-19-2011, 12:27 PM
It's game day! Time for the Thunder to take home court. I'm hoping Joey Crawford is not officiating this game. It was bad on both sides. If the Thunder get to play physically, this series may turn around tonight.

Doesn't the same crew call the whole series? I don't know how that works for sure but I would think so.

To win we have to keep Dirk from getting his shot in the low post without fouling or giving up open 3s. That's going to be a hell of a task. I think we just have to throw a lot of different looks and hope for the best. It's hard to cover a team with so Many good shooters. If Westbrook plays better we have a chance in a shootout.

Los Pollos Hermanos
05-19-2011, 12:36 PM
Doesn't the same crew call the whole series?

No.

Simply Red
05-19-2011, 12:50 PM
i'd like to take this time out to apologize to 'thebadguy' for being an asshole earlier in this thread - that was uncalled for and basically not my fight to fight. SO for that - I'm sorry - *moving on*

okcchief
05-19-2011, 01:29 PM
No.

Good

ChiefsCountry
05-19-2011, 01:56 PM
You continuing to say Miami only has 2 contributing players doesn't make it true. However, you've been dead wrong about everything thus far so no reason for you start being right.

Dumbass has been wrong about everything else about the Heat this year, might as well keep it up. Of course it all is just butthurt bc LeBron and Wade didn't want to play for the fucking Bulls.

Los Pollos Hermanos
05-19-2011, 02:12 PM
Good

I personally don't think the game the other night was called that tight. Both teams were fouling, a lot.

loochy
05-19-2011, 02:42 PM
I personally don't think the game the other night was called that tight. Both teams were fouling, a lot.

Yeah it was actually kind of painful to watch.

loochy
05-19-2011, 02:43 PM
THIS IS THE TALE
OF THE BIG GERMAN
SO TALL AND WHITE
HE MAKES EVERY SHOT

Count Zarth
05-19-2011, 02:46 PM
THIS IS THE TALE
OF THE BIG GERMAN
SO TALL AND WHITE
HE MAKES EVERY SHOT

A MYSTICAL QUEST
TO THE LAND OF DALLAS
RAININ THREES FROM EASTERN EUROPE
WHAT LIES IN STOOOOOORE

loochy
05-19-2011, 02:49 PM
A MYSTICAL QUEST
TO THE LAND OF DALLAS
RAININ THREES FROM EASTERN EUROPE
WHAT LIES IN STOOOOOORE

ROGER THAT LET ME TRY IT WITH ANOTHER MAV

I DON'T LIKE TO SHOOT THE BALL AND MY NAME IS JASON KIDD
THOUGH I'M NOT THE YOUNGEST GUY ON THE TEAM, I STILL PASS IT REALLY WELL
OK THEN I'M A BLACK MAN TYSON CHANDLER IS MY NAME
THEN YOU CAN CALL BRIAN CARDINAL, NEVER EVEN ENTER THE GAME

Count Zarth
05-19-2011, 02:58 PM

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

JASON TERRY
JACKIN THREES!

Count Zarth
05-19-2011, 03:02 PM
voodoo hoodoo no work on dirkoo

http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2511388/dirk-nowitzki-focus-o.gif

loochy
05-19-2011, 03:03 PM
voodoo hoodoo no work on dirkoo

http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2511388/dirk-nowitzki-focus-o.gif

Dirk just looked through him like he was invisible.

Los Pollos Hermanos
05-19-2011, 03:18 PM
Is Jason Kidd white?

Count Zarth
05-19-2011, 03:19 PM
Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirk

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/2011/05/in-honor-of-dirk-points-per-miss/

Specifically, because a missed shot equates to a missed scoring opportunity that could have perhaps been capitalized on by another player, PPM should give us some measure how efficient a player turns the shooting opportunities he takes for his team into points.

Points per game is an oft-cited stat, but it provides little in the way of efficiency. A player could score 40 points per game and lead the league, but if he just does it because he chucks up half of his team’s shots, his team probably is not very good or balanced on offense. Another player who scores only 25 points per game but who is highly efficient at turning shooting opportunities into points is maximizing his own scoring chances while, theoretically, not wasting his team’s scoring opportunities shooting lower percentage shots (by comparison) than what his teammates could get.

http://i56.tinypic.com/2e36ctv.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/2hdnn0p.jpg

loochy
05-19-2011, 03:20 PM
Is Jason Kidd white?

he's half i think.

edit: yeah i just looked it up - black dad white mom

loochy
05-19-2011, 03:22 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/2hdnn0p.jpg

I'm really surprised that Iverson is in there. It seemed like he just used to jack up shot after shot.

Count Zarth
05-19-2011, 03:25 PM
In Iverson's case he's the 6th leading PPG scorer in league history, so he's going to fall somewhere in the top 10 just by default.

In Dirk's case, he's No. 21, which means he is http://i52.tinypic.com/2ue79l3.jpg

Count Zarth
05-19-2011, 03:27 PM
Interesting that Jerry West and Elgin Baylor are not on that list. Two guys who averaged 27 PPG for their career.

okcchief
05-19-2011, 03:48 PM

LOL good stuff

Fruit Ninja
05-19-2011, 03:49 PM
Dirk has to win the title of all this doesnt mean SHIT. It will mean, ok he's a good player, but he never won a title.

I want him to win one, he no doubt deserves it.

okcchief
05-19-2011, 05:12 PM

I found a way to stop him. Thunder up!

58-4ever
05-19-2011, 06:00 PM
I want him to win one, he no doubt deserves it.

He deserves it? I've never understood this logic. You deserve it when you go out there and win it...

Count Zarth
05-19-2011, 06:40 PM
He deserves it? I've never understood this logic. You deserve it when you go out there and win it...

He deserves it because he is a great player who has been saddled with mediocre supporting casts and got fucked hard in the 2006 Finals.

okcchief
05-19-2011, 06:51 PM
There is also a huge gap between him and the second best player on the team.

Count Zarth
05-19-2011, 06:59 PM
There is also a huge gap between him and the second best player on the team.

That's my point.

Count Zarth
05-19-2011, 07:02 PM
Wilbon pimping Peja. FEAR, BITCHES!

http://www.interbasket.net/news/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/peja-stojakovic-shirtless.jpg

Count Zarth
05-19-2011, 07:10 PM
Here comes a barrage of three pointers, bitches!

Simply Red
05-19-2011, 07:11 PM
best German baller ever - I would the WHOLE thing

Pitt Gorilla
05-19-2011, 07:11 PM
Anybody that thinks Perk isn't important to the Thunder's success is retarded.

Simply Red
05-19-2011, 07:12 PM
Anybody that thinks Perk isn't important to the Thunder's success is retarded.

he's a mad man - no question a factor

Count Zarth
05-19-2011, 07:15 PM
FUCKING DIRK!!! OFF THE DRIBBLE!

Los Pollos Hermanos
05-19-2011, 07:15 PM
Dirk is picking it up where he left off.

Count Zarth
05-19-2011, 07:20 PM
THUNDEROUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Count Zarth
05-19-2011, 07:22 PM
lol @ OKC's defense, bro.

The Mavs D isn't any better than the Thunders.

Los Pollos Hermanos
05-19-2011, 07:22 PM
I was caught
In the middle of a railroad track (Thunder)
I looked 'round,
And I knew there was no turning back (Thunder)
My mind raced
And I thought what could I do? (Thunder)
And I knew
There was no help, no help from you (Thunder)

Count Zarth
05-19-2011, 07:23 PM
Here comes the eastern fucking european to show Durant how the white man bombs.

58-4ever
05-19-2011, 07:28 PM
Durant is hitting, Westbrook is dishing, it's a matter of time. This game is going to turn soon.

Count Zarth
05-19-2011, 07:29 PM
Durant is hitting, Westbrook is dishing, it's a matter of time. This game is going to turn soon.

LMAO

Terry and Peja aren't even going yet.

This first quarter is making it painfully obvious. DALLAS > OKC

Los Pollos Hermanos
05-19-2011, 07:30 PM
Uh oh. Peja hits the 3.

Count Zarth
PEJA!
LMAO

Los Pollos Hermanos
Van Gundy called him Treja.

Count Zarth
05-19-2011, 07:33 PM
Nasty.

Count Zarth
05-19-2011, 07:37 PM
If you're Dallas do you start doubling Durant? This is getting insane. 14 pts.

58-4ever
05-19-2011, 07:41 PM
If you're Dallas do you start doubling Durant? This is getting insane. 14 pts.

Only if Durant goes for 55 and keeps this pace.

-King-
05-19-2011, 07:43 PM
I can't wait until Barea's 15 minutes of fame are over.

Count Zarth
05-19-2011, 07:44 PM
bloody great pass by Dirk

58-4ever
05-19-2011, 07:46 PM
Tie game son.

-King-
Good shit OKC

Count Zarth
poop

Los Pollos Hermanos
I can't wait until Barea's 15 minutes of fame are over.

When it's over, he'll still be banging this..

http://cdn.everyjoe.com/files/2011/03/zuleyka-rivera-dating-jj-barea.jpg

58-4ever
05-19-2011, 07:47 PM
Our bench is better. This series will eventually show that.

Los Pollos Hermanos
05-19-2011, 07:49 PM
Our bench is better. This series will eventually show that.

Better then what? Better then they played the first game or better then the Mavs' bench?

-King-
05-19-2011, 07:50 PM
When it's over, he'll still be banging this..

http://cdn.everyjoe.com/files/2011/03/zuleyka-rivera-dating-jj-barea.jpg

WTF?!? That's not even fair. :deevee:

58-4ever
05-19-2011, 07:52 PM
Crazy foul

Count Zarth
05-19-2011, 07:52 PM
http://www.interbasket.net/news/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/peja-stojakovic-shirtless.jpg

Count Zarth
05-19-2011, 07:57 PM
DIRK ANOTHER GREAT PASS!

Count Zarth
05-19-2011, 07:59 PM
Dirk has 4 assists. LMAO

Los Pollos Hermanos
05-19-2011, 08:01 PM
Better than anything in your scumbag state bitch.

Were you just talking to yourself and insulting your own state?

-King-
05-19-2011, 08:02 PM
ROFL @ Those 2 layups.

Los Pollos Hermanos
05-19-2011, 08:03 PM
Dirk has 4 assists. LMAO

That's probably more then OKC's point guard. What's his name again? Brian Westbrook?

-King-
05-19-2011, 08:04 PM
This game is very interesting. Just when you think a team is pulling away, the other team goes on a run.

Count Zarth
05-19-2011, 08:04 PM
That's probably more then OKC's point guard. What's his name again? Brian Westbrook?

Michael Westbrook?

58-4ever
05-19-2011, 08:15 PM
Good half. Let's finish this bitch and go home!

Count Zarth
05-19-2011, 08:16 PM
gg so far.

Mavs are getting beaten on the boards.

58-4ever
05-19-2011, 08:28 PM
I would love to take ecstasy with Magic's doctor and squeeze the truth out of him.

Pitt Gorilla
05-19-2011, 08:39 PM
Dallas decided they were too good for defense.

58-4ever
05-19-2011, 08:40 PM
Need a TO Carlisle

58-4ever
05-19-2011, 08:40 PM
I would love to take ecstasy with Magic's doctor and squeeze the truth out of him.

No homo

Pitt Gorilla
05-19-2011, 08:44 PM
Does Marion know that his J looks "mentally challenged?"

Buck
05-19-2011, 08:45 PM
Damn I'm surprised that OKC is even in the game let alone winning.

58-4ever
05-19-2011, 08:52 PM
Damn I'm surprised that OKC is even in the game let alone winning.

Why do you say that?

Buck
05-19-2011, 08:52 PM
Why do you say that?

I expected Dallas to at least win all of it's home games comfortably. After that LAL series, they seemed unstoppable.

58-4ever
05-19-2011, 08:54 PM
I expected Dallas to at least win all of it's home games comfortably. After that LAL series, they seemed unstoppable.

Yeah, they've made good adjustments on Dirk, and Joey Crawford isn't trying to be a star.

Count Zarth
05-19-2011, 08:57 PM

Los Pollos Hermanos
05-19-2011, 09:00 PM
I'm setting the over/under on Westbrook's IQ at 75.

Sent from my iPhone

Count Zarth
05-19-2011, 09:00 PM
What the FUCK was that call?

-King-
05-19-2011, 09:01 PM
4 point play. Nice.

Pitt Gorilla
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kywffhmMqu1qzb7vjo1_500.jpg

58-4ever
Wow. Great game!

Count Zarth
05-19-2011, 09:02 PM
I have a feeling Dirk's about to play the entire 4th.

58-4ever
05-19-2011, 09:03 PM
I'm setting the over/under on Westbrook's IQ at 75.

Sent from my iPhone

Cool tag iPhone guy. I rate your IQ just under the guy that knows how to change his cell phone signature....

58-4ever
05-19-2011, 09:05 PM
Fear the beard!

Count Zarth
05-19-2011, 09:07 PM
Barea LMAO

Pitt Gorilla
05-19-2011, 09:07 PM
Refs beginning to assert themselves.

Count Zarth
05-19-2011, 09:08 PM
Here comes the closer bitches.

58-4ever
05-19-2011, 09:09 PM
I don't get t-shirt givaways when they give the other teams' color

Pitt Gorilla
05-19-2011, 09:14 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kywffhmMqu1qzb7vjo1_500.jpgSup.

Count Zarth
05-19-2011, 09:14 PM
Pathetic call.

Count Zarth
05-19-2011, 09:15 PM
These calls are ROTTEN.

Los Pollos Hermanos
05-19-2011, 09:15 PM
LOL

The Mavs were using royal blue back when the Thunder were still wearing green and gold.

Sent from my iPhone

Pitt Gorilla
05-19-2011, 09:16 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kywffhmMqu1qzb7vjo1_500.jpgDid I do that?!?

Count Zarth
05-19-2011, 09:16 PM
Barea LMAO

FUCKING SAVIOR, MANG

58-4ever
05-19-2011, 09:19 PM
James Harden's beard has a Masters degree in Pimpology

-King-
05-19-2011, 09:19 PM
" I got this" http://briancromer.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/kevin-durant.jpg

Count Zarth
05-19-2011, 09:23 PM
This blows.

Pitt Gorilla
Maynor is doing work.

Count Zarth
Dirk just choked away two possessions.

-King-
05-19-2011, 09:24 PM
How you like that beard?

Pitt Gorilla
Beard.

Count Zarth
Fucking hell. Everything OKC has thrown up tonight has gone in.

FUCK!

Pitt Gorilla
05-19-2011, 09:25 PM
****ing hell. Everything OKC has thrown up tonight has gone in.

****!A la Dallas in Game 1?

Rudy lost the toss
Eat shit, Mavs

58-4ever
Thunder Up!

Great Expectations
05-19-2011, 09:26 PM
Here comes the closer bitches.

I hope he as good as the one from the Rangers.

-King-
05-19-2011, 09:27 PM
I don't even want a beard like Harden's. Just the ability to grow it out like that.

Count Zarth
05-19-2011, 09:27 PM
Well, I guess the Mavs had to lose a playoff game eventually.

Props to the Thunder. This won't be an easy series.

Rudy lost the toss
05-19-2011, 09:30 PM
Kidd is good at passing

Pitt Gorilla
05-19-2011, 09:33 PM
Damn Beaker. Make a freaking free throw.

-King-
05-19-2011, 09:33 PM
Smh Collison.

-King-
05-19-2011, 09:34 PM
This shit is not over yet.

58-4ever
Why do I cry, why do I cry

Pitt Gorilla
Smh Collison.Point shaving.

Count Zarth
05-19-2011, 09:35 PM
What is going through Collision's head right now? LOL

Buck
05-19-2011, 09:35 PM
Why do I cry, why do I cry

LOL

KC_Connection
05-19-2011, 09:36 PM
Collison's intangibles

Count Zarth
That's a shame, Nick Collision has one of the biggest "I'M A CHOKER" faces I've ever seen.

-King-
I'll be honest...

There is no fucking way I'd be able to make a FT in the NBA if I'm an opposing team. The fans are just to distracting when you're on the line.

Pitt Gorilla
What is going through Collision's head right now? LOLhttp://armchair-fan.webs.com/circus.jpg

58-4ever
Nick Collison is a man. Not for those free throws, but for the job he did on Dork

Bearcat
05-19-2011, 09:37 PM
Nick Collison, hitting free throws... not something you learn at Kansas.

Is it too late to jump on the Thunder bandwagon? They could be 'my team' if I paid more attention to the NBA... Durant, Collison, Aldrich... I could even make it to OKC for a game or three every year.

KC_Connection
05-19-2011, 09:37 PM
Nick Collison is a man. Not for those free throws, but for the job he did on Dork
Doesn't have the talent of the other guys on the court, but has the intangibles.

-King-
05-19-2011, 09:38 PM
Collison :facepalm:

Pitt Gorilla
05-19-2011, 09:39 PM
Doesn't have the talent of the other guys on the court, but has the intangibles.Missing two free throws? Fouling a guy on a three-pointer? He appears to be purposefully trying to keep the Mavs in the game.

Count Zarth
That's three goddamn FTs

-King-
The foul occured when Dirk was dribbling, but they'll call it a shooting foul anyway.

KC_Connection
Hard to say Dirk was in the act of shooting there, but this is the NBA.

KC_Connection
Missing two free throws? Fouling a guy on a three-pointer? He appears to be purposefully trying to keep the Mavs in the game.
Haven't watched too many OKC games this season or post-season, eh?

Buck
05-19-2011, 09:40 PM
LETS GO DALLAS

Count Zarth
Holy shit he missed.

-King-
I love when announcers jinx players. Thank you.

Rudy lost the toss
Choke

Buck
FUCKING DIRK I THINK I JINXED HIM

Pitt Gorilla
Haven't watched too many OKC games this season or post-season, eh?I haven't missed one yet.

Buck
WHERE IS THE FOUL YOU RETARDS

Count Zarth
05-19-2011, 09:41 PM
Dammit. What a shame that Dirk missed.

Buck
Luckily OKC went full retard too.

-King-
ROFL Wtf?

KC_Connection
I haven't missed one yet.
I guess we can't get past our biases.

-King-
05-19-2011, 09:42 PM
I have no idea why Harden didn't just lay the ball up. Points > Wasting time.

KevB
WTF was Durant doing? He was standing at half court just holding his hand up in the air.

KevB
I have no idea why Harden didn't just lay the ball up. Points > Wasting time.

Ibaka had the ball so he's less sure with the ball.

58-4ever
05-19-2011, 09:43 PM
Let's finish this shit and take control.

Count Zarth
Peja...no... :(

Buck
Game

KC_Connection
Huge win for OKC, gives them home advantage. This one is going 7, I bet.