PDA

View Full Version : KU Selby doesn't attend team banquet; Declares for NBA Draft

DA_T_84
04-12-2011, 08:36 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/2011/04/11/2793940/selby-doesnt-attend-kus-banquet.html
Posted on Mon, Apr. 11, 2011 11:17 PM

Selby doesn’t attend KU’s banquet

Kansas senior Tyrel Reed received the Mr. Jayhawk Award as coach Bill Self (rear) looked on at Monday night’s basketball banquet. More than 600 KU supporters gathered and filled the Holiday Inn in Lawrence for the annual year-end event.
Kansas senior Tyrel Reed received the Mr. Jayhawk Award as coach Bill Self (rear) looked on at Monday night’s basketball banquet. More than 600 KU supporters gathered and filled the Holiday Inn in Lawrence for the annual year-end event.

When Kansas coach Bill Self asked for the freshmen on his team to walk to the front of the room at the Jayhawks’ annual banquet on Monday night in Lawrence, freshman guard Josh Selby was nowhere to be found.

Self said Selby was still in Las Vegas working out and gathering information about where he could be picked in the June NBA draft. He also said a decision should be coming in the next few days.

“I talked to (his mother) today, and that decision is coming real soon,” Self said. “He’s done the work he needs to do to academically pass his classes, but he’s been gone now six days. If he’s going to come back, then he’ll be coming back real soon. If not, then he won’t. But certainly he’s going to salvage the semester academically and pass his classes, which is good.”

Selby is projected to be picked No. 27 overall by draftexpress.com.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/04/11/2793940/selby-doesnt-attend-kus-banquet.html#ixzz1JJdn2bmi

http://www.joedavismedia.com/rcjb/?p=1704

Josh Selby will declare for the NBA Draft, a source told Rock Chalk Jay-Blog on Monday night. Whether or not Selby will hire an agent is unknown at this time.

Selby has been in Las Vegas working out for Impact Basketball since at least the day of the National Championship game (April 4th). He missed the team banquet on Monday night.

Kansas coach Bill Self said on Monday that a ”decision will be coming real soon.” That decision could be as soon as Wednesday, Rock Chalk Jay-Blog’s source says.

Selby is the second “one and done” player for Kansas. Xavier Henry, now playing for the Memphis Grizzlies, was the first “one and done” for the Jayhawks.

Selby averaged 7.9 points, 2.2 rebounds and 2.2 assists for the Jayhawks this season. His season was cut short because he was suspended by the NCAA for the first nine games of the season after he was found to have violated NCAA rules by acccepting impermissible benefits before playing at Kansas.

Selby also missed three games in February due to injury. After February 26th, Selby never played more than 17 minutes in a game.

Selby was Rivals’ #1 recruit of the 2010 class. Scout and ESPN had Selby as a top three player at his position in the 2010 rankings.

Rock Chalk Jay Blog’s source says that Selby’s locker has been empty for a while and that usually players will leave their belongings in it until they’re “gone, as in senior year gone.”

As for next year’s squad, Self is confident in his team but believes he needs to sign a few more recruits.

“I think we’re in decent shape on some kids,” Self said. “Our roster will be 40 percent different than it was this year. … We need to sign a lot of guys.”

From the Topeka Capital-Journal:

One of those kids is presumably DeAndre Daniels, a small forward from Bradenton, Fla., who Rivals.com ranks the No. 9 player in the class of 2011. Daniels is reportedly deciding between Duke and Kansas. He is the highest-rated uncommitted player in the class. KU also is reportedly involved with guard Trevor Lacey (No. 34 in the class), and power forward Otto Porter (No. 97).

“There’s not a lot of available players out there, but we seem to be in on all the ones that are coveted right now by a lot of high-major programs,” Self said.

Bump
04-12-2011, 08:44 AM
what an idiot. I guess he thinks his 10 minutes per game and crappy play merits going pro

Extra Point
04-12-2011, 08:44 AM
Well, bye.

ReynardMuldrake
04-12-2011, 08:48 AM
That means one more scholarship for a kid that actually knows how to play.

sedated
04-12-2011, 08:56 AM
Even though it seems inevitable, forgive me for not trusting the credibility of rock chalk jay-blog/joedavismedia.com

Saulbadguy
04-12-2011, 08:57 AM
Even though it seems inevitable, forgive me for not trusting the credibility of rock chalk jay-blog/joedavismedia.com

Oh man. Joe Davis is a KU icon. He's the classic #butthurtkufan on twitter, he took the Mancavesports guy to court (allegedly). I admit it's tough to follow as an outsider but still hilarious.

SNR
04-12-2011, 08:59 AM
I thought Xavier Henry was the lowest of the low you could get in terms of doing nothing in college and still declaring for the draft.

I was wrong. Selby's been nothing but a headache to this team since he signed on.

SNR
04-12-2011, 09:00 AM
Oh man. Joe Davis is a KU icon. He's the classic #butthurtkufan on twitter, he took the Mancavesports guy to court (allegedly). I admit it's tough to follow as an outsider but still hilarious.Didn't you used to be a Jayhawks fan until everybody here made you root for any and all things K-State all the time?

Saulbadguy
04-12-2011, 09:17 AM
Didn't you used to be a Jayhawks fan until everybody here made you root for any and all things K-State all the time?

I'm still a fan, bro. Keep up.

baitism
04-12-2011, 09:22 AM
I remember telling all my friends who are KU fans not to get their hopes up about Selby when he committed to KU. They thought he was to be a superstar.

Saulbadguy
04-12-2011, 09:23 AM
I remember telling all my friends who are KU fans not to get their hopes up about Selby when he committed to KU. They thought he was to be a superstar.

He certainly had all the tools to be a superstar in this league. What happened? /channelingpittgorilla

Mr. Plow
04-12-2011, 09:46 AM
I thought Xavier Henry was the lowest of the low you could get in terms of doing nothing in college and still declaring for the draft.

I was wrong. Selby's been nothing but a headache to this team since he signed on.

Xavier Henry was the 2nd leading scorer on the team as a freshman.

Fritz88
04-12-2011, 09:51 AM
Dump move.

Mr. Plow
04-12-2011, 10:00 AM
Dump move.

It is really, really dump.

cdirty
04-12-2011, 10:11 AM
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ldx9p1Nq5x1qfaow2o1_r1_250.gif

Three7s
04-12-2011, 10:25 AM
Yep, he sure torched those shitty small conference teams. When the important conference and tournament games came, he really didn't matter.

sedated
04-12-2011, 10:34 AM
I had no issues with Xavier, except that pretty much all he did was shoot 3's. That's a great asset to have for a team (especially at 6'6"), but given his hype, I expected more slashing ability and a more dominant presence. Or at least more versatility, like a Brandon Rush, who could also dominate the boards (for a guard) and be a lock-down defender.

Ceej
04-12-2011, 10:34 AM
That's unfortunate.

Man, next year is going to be trying.

Mr. Laz
04-12-2011, 10:51 AM
more meaningless points you would be hard pressed to find

Mr. Plow
04-12-2011, 11:10 AM
Yep, he sure torched those shitty small conference teams. When the important conference and tournament games came, he really didn't matter.

Yes. He was quite the disappointment.

|Zach|
04-12-2011, 11:10 AM
Oh man. Joe Davis is a KU icon. He's the classic #butthurtkufan on twitter, he took the Mancavesports guy to court (allegedly). I admit it's tough to follow as an outsider but still hilarious.

That dude is a total internet tough guy and all around douchebag mcgee. He stole my photos once for his shitty website.

Saulbadguy
04-12-2011, 11:12 AM
That dude is a total internet tough guy and all around douchebag mcgee. He stole my photos once for his shitty website.

He's hilarious and awesome in so many ways. Embrace it.

Pants
04-12-2011, 11:19 AM
Selby was actually pretty good on a team where most of the scoring was going to come from The Twins. He only started to play like shit after his injury.

Oh well, more playing time for our other guards.

With Otto going to GTown, getting DeAndre would be really freaking nice but I just don't see him declining Duke.

Chocolate Hog
04-12-2011, 11:21 AM
He wouldn't have been eligible anyway.

ArrowheadHawk
04-12-2011, 11:39 AM
Not seeing any legit sources on this.

Saulbadguy
04-12-2011, 11:40 AM
Not seeing any legit sources on this.

Joe Davis.

ArrowheadHawk
04-12-2011, 11:42 AM
Joe Davis.

LOL. Who?
About Joe Davis
Joe Davis is a 23-year-old senior at the University of Kansas. He is graduating in May of 2011 with topics covering Sports Management, Sports Administration, Communications and Journalism. Davis grew up in Coventry, Conn., a few miles away from the University of Connecticut. He enjoys watching his favorite teams: the Boston Celtics, Boston Red Sox, Kansas City Chiefs and Sporting Kansas City and enjoys watching NCAA Basketball and Major League Baseball the most. Davis has been to seven Final Fours (1999, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010, and 2011). Davis enjoys blogging about Kansas Athletics, sports and social media.

Not saying the Selby won't go pro. But This guy is definitely not legit. He writes a blog. Might as well write stories from twitter and facebook posts.

Saulbadguy
04-12-2011, 11:54 AM
LOL. Who?

Not saying the Selby won't go pro. But This guy is definitely not legit. He writes a blog. Might as well write stories from twitter and facebook posts.

Joe Davis: "GUYS I CAN'T TWEET ABOUT TONIGHTS GAME B/C THIS SPORTS BAR SUCKS"

:LOL:

Bowser
04-12-2011, 11:57 AM
Joe Davis: "GUYS I CAN'T TWEET ABOUT TONIGHTS GAME B/C THIS SPORTS BAR SUCKS"

LMAO

bluehawkdoc
04-12-2011, 12:22 PM
This is likely a more accurate description:

About Joe Davis
Joe Davis is a 33-year-old 8th year senior at the University of Kansas. He is graduating in May of 2011 with topics covering Star Wars, Star Trek and Tron. Davis grew up in Coventry, Conn., a few miles away from the University of Connecticut. He enjoys watching his favorite teams: the Boston Celtics, Boston Red Sox, Kansas City Chiefs and Sporting Kansas City and enjoys watching little boys wrestle the most. Davis has been to seven Final Fours (1999, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010, and 2011). Davis enjoys blogging about Kansas Athletics, sports and sucking d*ck for beer money.

Saulbadguy
04-12-2011, 12:22 PM
This is likely a more accurate description:

About Joe Davis
Joe Davis is a 33-year-old 8th year senior at the University of Kansas. He is graduating in May of 2011 with topics covering Star Wars, Star Trek and Tron. Davis grew up in Coventry, Conn., a few miles away from the University of Connecticut. He enjoys watching his favorite teams: the Boston Celtics, Boston Red Sox, Kansas City Chiefs and Sporting Kansas City and enjoys watching little boys wrestle the most. Davis has been to seven Final Fours (1999, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010, and 2011). Davis enjoys blogging about Kansas Athletics, sports and sucking d*ck for beer money.

Did Joe Davis sue you or something?

HemiEd
04-12-2011, 12:38 PM

After his first game, I was pretty confident he would be.

Maybe the team concept didn't work for him?

WilliamTheIrish
04-12-2011, 12:44 PM
Joe Davis is a 33-year-old 8th year senior at the University of Kansas.

Sounds like he's just a few months older than Brady DrunkenStar.

Pants
04-12-2011, 12:45 PM
After his first game, I was pretty confident he would be.

Maybe the team concept didn't work for him?

I think it worked just fine for him. He only started sucking after his injury.

bluehawkdoc
04-12-2011, 12:47 PM
Suffering from erectile dysfunction in college was a devastating blow for Joe and Brady but it made their bond so much stronger.

Pants
04-12-2011, 12:53 PM
Suffering from erectile dysfunction in college was a devastating blow for Joe and Brady but it made their bond so much stronger.

LOL

What's with the hate?

Demonpenz
04-12-2011, 01:07 PM
he signed Mark Brunell to run his finances, so he is set

HemiEd
04-12-2011, 01:11 PM
I think it worked just fine for him. He only started sucking after his injury.

His attitude in the tourney didn't seem at all enthusiastic to me. I was paying close attention to him, trying to get a read on his future. I would have bet a weeks pay he wouldn't be back.

My read, maybe wrong, but I don't think he liked playing behind the other starters, or coming off the bench.

They could really use a strong sophomore season out of him.

kcjayhawks5
04-12-2011, 01:18 PM
His attitude in the tourney didn't seem at all enthusiastic to me. I was paying close attention to him, trying to get a read on his future. I would have bet a weeks pay he wouldn't be back.

My read, maybe wrong, but I don't think he liked playing behind the other starters, or coming off the bench.

They could really use a strong sophomore season out of him.

yup, he had 1 foot out the door since he arrived at ku. he was playing pretty well before his injury though and just didn't get many minutes when he came back...

bluehawkdoc
04-12-2011, 01:45 PM
LOL

What's with the hate?

No hate, really. Just having some fun...

Bump
04-12-2011, 02:14 PM
Now I hope Selby doesn't even get drafted, what a damn moron. He wasn't even good enough to start over Tyshawn Taylor, Brady Morningstar or Tyrel Reed, lol.

veist
04-12-2011, 02:18 PM
You guys are on a fucking roll in here with the Joe Davis jokes keep it going!

Mr. Laz
04-12-2011, 02:24 PM
Not attending the banquet was kinda bush league imo. I wonder if he even told Self he wasn't coming back.

|Zach|
04-12-2011, 02:33 PM
Yea I was surprised at some of the optimism with him staying even after the Vegas thing. Its not like he was staying in Vegas for all that time on his own dime.

Chief_For_Life58
04-12-2011, 02:34 PM
forget selby...he wont do anything in the nba anyway..hes a b**ch in my book

Mr. Plow
04-12-2011, 02:43 PM
Let's not forget that he can test the NBA waters and withdraw from the draft. I'm nearly positive that he won't, but BRush wouldn't have been at KU in 08 if it wasn't for an injury.

|Zach|
04-12-2011, 02:43 PM
Let's not forget that he can test the NBA waters and withdraw from the draft. I'm nearly positive that he won't, but BRush wouldn't have been at KU in 08 if it wasn't for an injury.

Eh, not if he hired an agent.

Mr. Plow
04-12-2011, 02:44 PM
Not attending the banquet was kinda bush league imo.

It was. He should have been there with the team regardless.

Mr. Plow
04-12-2011, 02:45 PM

I missed that. Scratch my last post.

KC_Connection
04-12-2011, 05:40 PM
Henry's main attribute was his defense, not his offense. He was actually a good player and a major contributor to one of the best teams in the country (if not the best).

Selby was simply useless. And it's possible that if he stays, his draft stock will take even more of a hit than it already has.

teedubya
04-12-2011, 07:18 PM
Henry needed another year, IMO... and he was WAY further along than Selby. Selby will be in the development league and then be selling crack in 5 years.

DJay23
04-13-2011, 09:26 AM
KU apparently getting a visit now from Trevor Lacey, SG from Huntsville, AL.
per Scout
"STRENGTHS
3-Point Range
Big-Time Scorer
Catch and Shoot
AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT
Ballhandling
Passing

A big time scorer from the state of Alabama, Lacey has put up huge numbers during the high school year. A kid with good strength and the ability to knock in jumpers, he can make good things happen on offense when getting buckets is needed. At this point he doesn't create much for others and isn't a super athlete, but he really can fill it up."

Has said he realizes with the twins, our seniors, and probably Selby gone, there's a chance for big minutes for someone with a good 3-ball and that he's seriously considering KU because of that. He also has Alabama (his dad apparently wants him to stay in state) and Kentucky still to visit. He's also got Auburn and UConn rounding out his top 5. He's the #37 Scout prospect (without looking).

As far as Selby goes, I guess I'm a little sad at how critical a lot of KU fans have gotten of him. To step back after the season and look at it, he had to deal with missing 9 games right at the start. He played alright and you could really see him play his game against Colorado and then bang he gets hurt in that very game. He was never the same after and I think is attitude got the better of him as he sulked on the bench. Meanwhile, Self had to play Morningstar because Sleeves was playing great. So saying good riddance to him, I don't think that's quite fair to the kid. He is a Jayhawk, so he'll have my support and I hope he gets the best possible result from all of this.

Mr. Laz
04-13-2011, 09:53 AM
As far as Selby goes, I guess I'm a little sad at how critical a lot of KU fans have gotten of him. To step back after the season and look at it, he had to deal with missing 9 games right at the start. He played alright and you could really see him play his game against Colorado and then bang he gets hurt in that very game. He was never the same after and I think is attitude got the better of him as he sulked on the bench. Meanwhile, Self had to play Morningstar because Sleeves was playing great. So saying good riddance to him, I don't think that's quite fair to the kid. He is a Jayhawk, so he'll have my support and I hope he gets the best possible result from all of this.
missing those 9 games was his own fault

then it looked like he stopped trying and started pouting when he wasn't handed minutes.

i don't hate the guy, don't even dislike him but he wasn't worth the scholie imo.

Mr. Plow
04-13-2011, 10:27 AM
missing those 9 games was his own fault

then it looked like he stopped trying and started pouting when he wasn't handed minutes.

i don't hate the guy, don't even dislike him but he wasn't worth the scholie imo.

He played decent before the injury. After the injury, something - either head or lingering injury - caused his play to suffer. To say he wasn't worth the scholarship is dumb. He was worth it. He, like a million other kids, didn't live up to the hype that was placed on him by fans & media.

If he should stay another year, I'd be willing to bet that we'd see a huge leap of improvement.

Lzen
04-13-2011, 10:41 AM

I missed that. Scratch my last post.

I don't recall that he hired an agent. :spock:

Mr. Plow
04-13-2011, 10:44 AM
I don't recall that he hired an agent. :spock:

Damnit. Someone go research this and let me know whether or not an agent has been hired. I'd do it, but you (someone else) is much better at it than I am.

Saulbadguy
04-13-2011, 10:56 AM
Damnit. Someone go research this and let me know whether or not an agent has been hired. I'd do it, but you (someone else) is much better at it than I am.

I don't think he's hired an agent at this point, but he isn't going to class (hasn't for a couple weeks now). It would be hilarious if he stayed.

Mr. Plow
04-13-2011, 11:09 AM
I don't think he's hired an agent at this point, but he isn't going to class (hasn't for a couple weeks now). It would be hilarious if he stayed.

I read a quote from Self that said he is caught up in everything at this point, but if he didn't get back soon he could be in trouble. I'm assuming that was just coachspeak because I'm not exactly sure how he has been gone for one/two weeks and still handling school responsibilities.

Plus, my next question is who is flipping the bill for this excursion to Las Vegas for one/two weeks while he tries out for NBA teams?

DJay23
04-13-2011, 11:52 AM
I read a quote from Self that said he is caught up in everything at this point, but if he didn't get back soon he could be in trouble. I'm assuming that was just coachspeak because I'm not exactly sure how he has been gone for one/two weeks and still handling school responsibilities.

Plus, my next question is who is flipping the bill for this excursion to Las Vegas for one/two weeks while he tries out for NBA teams?

Can't parents take out loans based on future projected earnings? I thought LeBron's mom did something like that when he was still in high school. Maybe Maeshon got a small loan to cover it. Who knows? There are ways to do it within the rules, otherwise how do these workout camps exist? I would think that whoever this is working Selby out knows the NCAA rules and made sure Josh knew ahead of time that if they foot the bill he might as well declare.

For what it's worth I think he's gone either way. I also don't think it's a smart move on his part. If he gets taken in the second round, he's not going to get guarnteed money. He could end up in Europe with Sherronatron pretty quickly, especially considering how raw he still is. He could attack the weight room and work on his shot this summer and go through the whole program next year from Late Night till the end and improve his draft position by a ton.

Or maybe he realizes he showed all he could and that if he comes back he'll be no higher than what he'd go for right now. I just don't see how he doesn't improve by leaps and bounds with another season in the program though.

Mr. Laz
04-13-2011, 11:53 AM
To say he wasn't worth the scholarship is dumb. He was worth it.
dumb? hindsight says you're wrong.

Selby missed 12 games this season

Season Averages
<table style="width: 643px; height: 60px;" class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="colhead" align="right"><td width="10%" align="left">SEASON</td> <td>TEAM</td> <td>MIN</td> <td>PTS</td> <td>REB</td> <td>AST</td> <td>TO</td> <td>A/T</td> <td>STL</td> <td>BLK</td> <td>PF</td> <td>FG%</td> <td>FT%</td> <td>3P%</td> <td>PPS</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">2010-2011</td> <td>KU</td> <td>20.4</td> <td>7.9</td> <td>2.2</td> <td>2.2</td> <td>2.0</td> <td>1.06</td> <td>.8</td> <td>.0</td> <td>1.7</td> <td>.373</td> <td>.757</td> <td>.362</td> <td>1.07</td></tr></tbody></table>

and now he's gone ... imo we would be served better by a guy who might not be quite as talented but who didn't have suspension pending and bailed after one year.

Pants
04-13-2011, 11:57 AM
I don't understand why people think it's a dumb move for Josh to enter this year's draft. A bunch of top talent is going back for their 2nd years this year which means he will be drafted higher because there won't be as many choices. Next year is going to be a ridiculous draft in terms of talent and he could slide all the way out of the draft completely.

Bump
04-13-2011, 12:02 PM
Selby will get drafted around #25 in the 2nd round, he will go spend that whole $350 K paycheck or whatever it is on a car and jewelry, he will mostly play in the D league. In 3 years he will be dirt poor and probably back to living with his mom. Then if he's lucky they will do a short news story on him.

Mr. Plow
04-13-2011, 12:10 PM
dumb? hindsight says you're wrong.

Selby missed 12 games this season

Season Averages
<table style="width: 643px; height: 60px;" class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="colhead" align="right"><td width="10%" align="left">SEASON</td> <td>TEAM</td> <td>MIN</td> <td>PTS</td> <td>REB</td> <td>AST</td> <td>TO</td> <td>A/T</td> <td>STL</td> <td>BLK</td> <td>PF</td> <td>FG%</td> <td>FT%</td> <td>3P%</td> <td>PPS</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">2010-2011</td> <td>KU</td> <td>20.4</td> <td>7.9</td> <td>2.2</td> <td>2.2</td> <td>2.0</td> <td>1.06</td> <td>.8</td> <td>.0</td> <td>1.7</td> <td>.373</td> <td>.757</td> <td>.362</td> <td>1.07</td></tr></tbody></table>

and now he's gone ... imo we would be served better by a guy who might not be quite as talented but who didn't have suspension pending and bailed after one year.

Saying that he was a waste of a scholarship is saying that his worth was the equivalent of a walk on....which is dumb.

Mr. Laz
04-13-2011, 01:15 PM
Saying that he was a waste of a scholarship is saying that his worth was the equivalent of a walk on....which is dumb.
no, it's saying that using the scholarship on a guy who was going to stick around awhile would of been a better idea than using it on Selby.

Mr. Plow
04-13-2011, 01:20 PM
no, it's saying that using the scholarship on a guy who was going to stick around awhile would of been a better idea than using it on Selby.

That is, unfortunately, the 1 and done world we live in nowadays.

Mr. Laz
04-13-2011, 01:43 PM
That is, unfortunately, the 1 and done world we live in nowadays.yes, which is why is so important that if you recruit a 1 and done guy that he is uber the 1st (and only) year he's at the school. imo. Which is another reason why i get so frustrated with the way Self develops players(guards mostly).

Virtually every 1 and done guy we've recruited has underperformed.

Say what you will about Rush,Henry and Selby ... none lived up to their uber status. Yes, they were "ok" but they were supposed to be more then that.

Is it the system? Is it Self? Is it the positional coach?

I dunno but imo there is no point in recruiting 1 and done guys if you can't get them rolling in their only year.

better off to not waste the scholie and use it on somebody that's going to be around and actually develop.

ROYC75
04-13-2011, 01:46 PM
Selby will get drafted around #25 in the 2nd round, he will go spend that whole $350 K paycheck or whatever it is on a car and jewelry, he will mostly play in the D league. In 3 years he will be dirt poor and probably back to living with his mom. Then if he's lucky they will do a short news story on him.

THIS, HE ISN'T READY!

OK, my rant is over now.

DJJasonp
04-13-2011, 02:29 PM
It's funny how kids think "one more year" (after their freshman season) is so intolerable.

Imagine what another year (or god forbid) two more years could do for his draft stock and his bank account.

You can tell someone until your blue in the face........but you dont stay young forever....might as well enjoy it while you can.

I get it....in the case of the morris twins...where you're stock probably isnt going to go much higher (and you're guaranteed a contract with big money).

I want my school to win as much as the next guy....but I get pissed when you throw away a scholarship on a guy who has a decent chance of pissing it all away on an early-entry. ANd when you think that the guy could end up in the d-league....and without a college degree (which he could get for free).......it ticks me off.

Minus his first game, KU was better with Selby out of the lineup, rather than in it.

DeezNutz
04-13-2011, 02:35 PM
Imagine what another year (or god forbid) two more years could do for his draft stock and his bank account.

Exactly why it's smart for him to go. Right now, he can play the injury card and still get drafted on potential. If he would have gone back to college and still disappointed, he'd be looking at playing in Europe.

BWillie
04-13-2011, 03:08 PM

Doing nothing in college is averaging 13.5 PPG as a FRESHMAN on the best team in the country? Are you insane? I don't understand the bad rap Xavier Henry got. He was a very good player. Decent defender, led the team in steals, good shooter, could draw contact in the lane and get to the free throw line. WTF? He had a better freshman year than Paul Pierce.

BWillie
04-13-2011, 03:11 PM

Who combined for 0-9 against UNI from three? Xavier or Tyshawn Taylor and Sherron Collins? The only thing Xavier did wrong was defer to the upperclassman, quite honestly he was being the role that was needed. It wasn't his team, it was Collins and Aldrich. If Xavier would have stayed he would have probably been the leading scorer this year.

BWillie
04-13-2011, 03:16 PM
I think it's pretty classless all the people calling out Selby. I don't think it's a bad move or a good move. If he's really not a top rated prospect as evaluated, it's probably good for him to try to make some money on his image while he still can. If he stays another year and Tyshawn Taylor and EJ overshadow him then what? Kid is trying to make a living, your not in his shoes, it's not your decision to make, go f*** yourselves. I wish Josh the best of luck whatever he does.

Saulbadguy
04-13-2011, 03:20 PM
I think it's pretty classless all the people calling out Selby. I don't think it's a bad move or a good move. If he's really not a top rated prospect as evaluated, it's probably good for him to try to make some money on his image while he still can. If he stays another year and Tyshawn Taylor and EJ overshadow him then what? Kid is trying to make a living, your not in his shoes, it's not your decision to make, go f*** yourselves. I wish Josh the best of luck whatever he does.

You know it's bad when BWillie007 100% dead on balls accurate.

Pants
04-13-2011, 03:22 PM
You know it's bad when BWillie007 100% dead on balls accurate.

Yeah, I was wondering who stole his account.

BWillie
04-13-2011, 03:24 PM
Yeah, I was wondering who stole his account.

I speak the truth, it's just not what anybody wants to hear :p

Bambi
04-13-2011, 04:39 PM
Kemba Walker and Shelvin Mack will both be drafted in front of Selby and they'd stayed until after their junior year.

It's quite obvious he should stay.

Chief_For_Life58
04-13-2011, 04:45 PM
this might be the hottest his draft stock will be...i definitely think he should stay one more year though imo...one more year in college would help his game tremendously...he didnt do shiz for us this year..ku was better when he didNT play

Mr. Plow
04-14-2011, 03:09 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/14940658/selbys-disappointing-college-career-bad-sign-for-pro-future

Selby's disappointing college career bad sign for pro future

Josh Selby will announce sometime soon that he's entering the NBA Draft because the only real alternative would be to return to Kansas (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/page/KS/kansas-jayhawks), and that just isn't happening. You think Selby wants to try to explain to the NCAA how he has been paying to train in Las Vegas for the past week? No way. So the freshman guard will pick an agent and formally declare -- meaning his entire college career will consist of one disappointing season that garnered more headlines for impermissible benefits than impressive performances.

In other words, Selby wasn't worth the trouble. And he might not be worth a first-round pick, either.

If the McDonald's All-American was hoping to use Kansas as a springboard to the top five of the NBA Draft, he failed miserably. The NCAA suspended Selby for the first nine games of the season, then Bill Self basically benched him the final nine. That means a coach who has won seven straight Big 12 titles and a national championship -- i.e., a Hall of Fame coach -- got a close look at the combo guard from Baltimore and decided he couldn't really help the Jayhawks all that much. So consider yourself warned, NBA general managers.

"He's drawing lots of Willie Warren comparisons," DraftExpress.com's Jonathan Givony said.

All together now ... Yikes.

Warren was a talented high school prospect with physical gifts and lots of red flags (sound familiar?) who enrolled at Oklahoma in 2008, had a nice season as Blake Griffin's sidekick, then showed his true self as a sophomore. Warren clashed with coaches, teammates, refused to guard and was just a problem in general. He turned pro last year, was drafted 54th and is now a member of the NBDL's Bakersfield Jam.

This is what happens to coddled talents who are coddled too long.

Warren learned early on that his physical tools were good enough to let him get by with minimal work and focus, and that there always would be somebody willing to overlook his warts. Now he's in the NBDL, and it seems likely that his professional achievements never will match what his natural gifts once suggested were possible.

And that's the guy NBA people mention when you ask them about Josh Selby.

That's bad for Josh Selby.

But can you blame them?

Selby spent parts of the final 18 months of high school decommitting from Tennessee, driving a Mercedes and taking unofficial visits despite the fact that his single mother had no obvious way of paying for the lifestyle she and her son were living. Turns out, a "family friend" who happens to double as Carmelo Anthony's business manager financed much of it. Never mind that you and I don't have any family friends who would loan us a Mercedes or buy us a plane ticket. You and I also don't have mothers who found out a way to move to the city where we went to college like Selby's mother found a way to move to the city where he went to college (or, at the very least, spend a whole bunch of time there), so you and I couldn't possibly understand what it's like to be Josh Selby.

But we can understand how Josh Selby became Josh Selby, can't we?

When you go from having nothing to having everything based on little more than people's beliefs that you're gonna be worth a lot very soon, it must be easy to start to think you've already made it even if your coach doesn't feel you're good enough to play in front of Tyrel Reed, Brady Morningstar or Tyshawn Taylor. And you know what? Maybe Selby will be right. Perhaps there's a general manager who will watch him dribble right and dunk in a workout, and that's all it'll take to fall in love. It's impossible to know for sure. But at the moment some NBA folks are comparing Josh Selby to Willie Warren, and that's not good for anybody ... except, perhaps, the Bakersfield Jam.

Mr_Tomahawk
04-14-2011, 03:10 PM
Meh...

theshiver.com reporting he is gone...no surprise.

KC_Connection
04-14-2011, 03:27 PM
He's making the right choice here. Might as well capitalize on whatever high school hype you still have left then come back to KU and find your way right back into Self's doghouse.

Not much of a loss, really.

Saulbadguy
04-14-2011, 03:45 PM
joshselby32 Josh Selby
But it's a new journey in my life now. I will not return to Kansas next year. Making my dream a reality. #NBA baby.

ArrowheadHawk
04-14-2011, 03:58 PM
joshselby32 Josh Selby
All this negative energy is creating a monster. Y'all light the fuel up inside me. #hatersmymotivator

Bambi
04-14-2011, 04:34 PM
@JusCallMe_DP getting into twittah wahrs...

|Zach|
04-14-2011, 04:54 PM
lol http://twitter.com/#!/Wickedson_TTMIA

Saulbadguy
04-14-2011, 04:54 PM
joshselby32 Josh Selby
All this negative energy is creating a monster. Y'all light the fuel up inside me. #hatersmymotivator

Yea, plenty of Kansas fans trashing him on twitter. Classy.

sedated
04-14-2011, 04:58 PM
Kemba Walker and Shelvin Mack will both be drafted in front of Selby and they'd stayed until after their junior year.

Mack is expected to be a 2nd round pick. (from what I heard last week)

Bambi
04-14-2011, 05:00 PM

yep, now you can stalk me on twitter and fb just like you do on here.

:thumb:

Bambi
04-14-2011, 05:01 PM
Mack is expected to be a 2nd round pick. (from what I heard last week)

I know this is probably some guy in his basement but he's got Mack in mid first.

Selby in top of 2nd

http://www.nbadraft.net/2011mock_draft

|Zach|
04-14-2011, 05:03 PM
yep, now you can stalk me on twitter and fb just like you do on here.

:thumb:

Drama.

It is funny how differently you talk on there compared to here though.

Mr. Laz
04-14-2011, 05:06 PM
joshselby32 Josh Selby
i guess we should of "hated" on him earlier them ... maybe he wouldn't of coasted the 2nd half of the season.

Bambi
04-14-2011, 05:12 PM
Drama.

It is funny how differently you talk on there compared to here though.

hmmm.... not sure "funny" is the word you're looking for

|Zach|
04-14-2011, 05:14 PM
hmmm.... not sure "funny" is the word you're looking for

It is.

Saulbadguy
04-14-2011, 05:23 PM

Handsome fella.

Chocolate Hog
04-14-2011, 06:33 PM
Gray hair already? How old are you Wicked?

Saulbadguy
04-14-2011, 06:33 PM

Don't be a hater.

Chocolate Hog
04-14-2011, 06:35 PM
Don't be a hater.

I'm not I figured he'd have long hair and wear a tie dye shirt.

RJ
04-14-2011, 07:40 PM
But certainly hes going to salvage the semester academically and pass his classes, which is good.

Uk, ok....why?

Bambi
04-14-2011, 07:44 PM

yea, started when I was 14. Whatcha gonna do??

I'm 32..... so freaking old

BWillie
04-14-2011, 08:18 PM
I'm not I figured he'd have long hair and wear a tie dye shirt.

Much better than BILLAY, that guy cracks me up.

Chocolate Hog
04-14-2011, 08:32 PM
Much better than BILLAY, that guy cracks me up.

Billay is a douche.

BWillie
04-14-2011, 08:44 PM

I'm getting a spot of gray on the side and I'm only 27, I'm sure soon I need to go just for men.

WilliamTheIrish
04-14-2011, 09:09 PM

As long as the hair stays on your scalp, it can be any color. (Thanks mom!)

Chocolate Hog
04-14-2011, 09:25 PM
As long as the hair stays on your scalp, it can be any color. (Thanks mom!)

Remember that chick you ate out in the back of your El Camino at the Dairy Queen parking lot in?

Buehler445
04-14-2011, 09:45 PM
I'm getting a spot of gray on the side and I'm only 27, I'm sure soon I need to go just for men.

I started going gray when I was 25. I'm getting damn thin up there too.

BWillie
04-14-2011, 10:50 PM
I started going gray when I was 25. I'm getting damn thin up there too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GeF7A05zQ8

http://www.onlyhairloss.com/glh/

Only 14.99, how can you go wrong! Or just join Hair Club for men like William Self. They will never quit calling you though once you have them send you a free brochure. Don't ask me how I know that.

Buehler445
04-14-2011, 10:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GeF7A05zQ8

http://www.onlyhairloss.com/glh/

Only 14.99, how can you go wrong! Or just join Hair Club for men like William Self. They will never quit calling you though once you have them send you a free brochure. Don't ask me how I know that.

Heh. I told my wife when we got together that I was going to be bald. She was apparently comfortable with that reality that she married me, so it's not happening.

Mr. Plow
04-15-2011, 07:13 AM
Bald is the new hip haircut. I'm finally ahead of the curve for something.

WilliamTheIrish
04-15-2011, 02:19 PM
Remember that chick you ate out in the back of your El Camino at the Dairy Queen parking lot in?

I'm trying to figure out exactly what this means. "ate out in the parking lot in"? I ...um... well...wait. What?
Posted via Mobile Device