PDA

View Full Version : Nat'l Security France takes the stand against multiculturalism

HonestChieffan
04-12-2011, 10:00 AM
Good on France.

http://weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/france-pro-550x344.jpg

AMMAN, Jordan (AP) — The head of Jordan’s Muslim Brotherhood says France’s ban on the Islamic face veil is a war against Muslims.

Hammam Saeed claims the move is a violation of French civil liberties and underlines a “new crusader behavior” against Muslims.

Saeed said in a statement on April 12 that it “marks the beginning of a dangerous war” between cultures. The Brotherhood’s political arm, the Islamic Action Front, is Jordan’s largest opposition group

chiefsnorth
04-12-2011, 10:06 AM
They are decades of unfettered immigration too late.

But yes, if only we were as courageous as the French.

LOCOChief
04-12-2011, 10:18 AM
I'm with the French on this.

Islams been at war with all the "non believers" for some time now. I for one am ready to quit the talk and get on with it.

HonestChieffan
04-12-2011, 01:13 PM
AFP – French police fined a woman for wearing a full-face Islamic veil, the first reported enforcement of a ban on the garment on the day it came into effect, a police source said Tuesday.

The young woman, born in 1983, was fined 150 euros (216 dollars) “without incident” in a shopping centre in Mureaux, northwest of Paris, early Monday evening, the source said, without elaborating on exactly what she was wearing.

France on Monday became the first country in Europe to apply a ban on the wearing of full-face coverings, including the Islamic niqab. At least two niqab-wearing women were arrested the same day for protesting the ban.

French police have voiced fears the law will be impossible to enforce, since they have not been empowered to use force to remove head coverings, and could face resistance in already tense immigrant districts.

But Interior Minister Claude Gueant insisted on Monday that the ban would be fully applied, in the name of “secularism and equality between men and women… two principles upon which we can not compromise.”

“The police and the gendarmerie are there to apply the law and they will apply the law,” he said.

http://www.france24.com/en/20110412-france-first-woman-fined-flouting-burqa-ban-islam-law-police

Amnorix
04-12-2011, 02:20 PM
The French have always been far more protective of their culture than just about all other European cultures. Normally we're mocking them for it. Since it's anti-Islam, we praise them for it.

And, of course, Americans are always decrying the absurdity of Quebec Canadians regarding their cultural issues, when they become front page news.

I'm pretty much behind France on this, but I figured I'd point out the hypocrisy of it all.

Otter
04-12-2011, 02:28 PM
I'd like to see these asshats reaction if someone moved to their neighborhood and demanded to dress in western clothing. Fuck them, move back home if you don't like the countries rules you just moved and most likely took an oath of citizenship.

Ass backwards retards.

vailpass
04-12-2011, 02:55 PM
The French have always been far more protective of their culture than just about all other European cultures. Normally we're mocking them for it. Since it's anti-Islam, we praise them for it.

And, of course, Americans are always decrying the absurdity of Quebec Canadians regarding their cultural issues, when they become front page news.

I'm pretty much behind France on this, but I figured I'd point out the hypocrisy of it all.

*We don't mock the French for protecting their culture. We mock the French for being French.

*Maybe where you live it's different but "decrying the absurdity" of Canadian francophiles happens pretty m uch never in my world, let alone always.

Just pointing out the silliness of it all.

BucEyedPea
04-12-2011, 02:55 PM
Sounds like blowback for a stupid policy. They should have just halted immigration instead.

RedNeckRaider
04-12-2011, 03:32 PM
Count me in on the hell yeah vote~

HonestChieffan
04-12-2011, 03:37 PM
Sounds like blowback for a stupid policy. They should have just halted immigration instead.

I dont think that is the issue.

Rain Man
04-12-2011, 03:45 PM
Any required religious uniform in everyday life is stupid, whether it's a burqa or a yarmulke or wearing a skirt instead of pants. Religion should be about beliefs and what's inside a person, not whether they're wearing the right uniform. Otherwise it's just bureaucracy.

RedNeckRaider
04-12-2011, 03:53 PM
Any required religious uniform in everyday life is stupid, whether it's a burqa or a yarmulke or wearing a skirt instead of pants. Religion should be about beliefs and what's inside a person, not whether they're wearing the right uniform. Otherwise it's just bureaucracy.

This statement would require stoning in some religions ;)

AustinChief
04-12-2011, 03:53 PM
Where are the protests in Syria, Turkey, Tunisia, and Tajikistan.. all countries that forbid the wearing of hijab in universities and public buildings?

KILLER_CLOWN
04-12-2011, 11:31 PM
Incredibly stupid but hey it's France, this is how those in the Land of the Free think? Reactionary retards.

lostcause
04-13-2011, 08:19 AM
Good for France! Thank god someone in the western world is championing the end of freedom of religion and expression. Since Middle Eastern countries have been making western folks conform to their standards for years, its only right that we abandon all principles of freedom to retaliate! Can we now just make Islam illegal in the US and be done with all the damn toeing around?

BucEyedPea
04-13-2011, 09:12 AM
I dont think that is the issue.

It has a LOT to do with the issue though. Those immigrants did not assimilate. Cause and effect.
BTW, France is pretty nasty to things religious in general because they are. It's atheistic nowadays.