PDA

View Full Version : MU Otto Porter to Georgetown

Stanley Nickels
04-12-2011, 11:08 AM
FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Confirmed from multiple sources. And Mike Anderson continues to be the gift that keeps on giving.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-12-2011, 11:09 AM
Frank Haith is a great recruiter.

My ass.

Oso
04-12-2011, 11:09 AM
:(

DJ's left nut
04-12-2011, 11:10 AM
Yeup.

Hire a guy exclusively because he can recruit and then he loses the #2 guy in the state, a guy that has said from the start that he wants to be a Tiger.

This isn't on Anderson - this is on Haith and Alden. If we'd have hired a competent HC rather than a fucking car salesman, Porter would still be coming to Mizzou.

You suck, Haith.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-12-2011, 11:10 AM
Just like Hitler said, we're irrelevant. Wake me in 2015, when we finally shitcan Alden and this fucking clown.

blaise
04-12-2011, 11:11 AM
I used to live in DC and I would wonder how a kid at Georgetown could afford to ever go out to the bars down there, unless his parents have money. It's cool there, but it's pricey for a college kid. At least from the budget I had in college.

Bambi
04-12-2011, 11:14 AM
Is Haith bringing those 2 recruits from Miami?

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-12-2011, 11:16 AM
I just can't fathom the fact that a man who drafted Tyson Jackson #3 overall is the best executive of the teams that I root for.

OnTheWarpath58
04-12-2011, 11:16 AM
I just can't fathom the fact that a man who drafted Tyson Jackson #3 overall is the best executive of the teams that I root for.

LMAO

POND_OF_RED
04-12-2011, 11:22 AM
The only good thing to happen to MU basketball this year was Safford running out of eligibility. Other than that it's been a train wreck. Haith better fucking land Wainwright next year though.

Ebolapox
04-12-2011, 11:23 AM
...FUCK!

Stanley Nickels
The reason Otto took so long with his recruitment is because they said they wanted to be absolutely sure Anderson was going to be the coach at Mizzou, as they were big on family and building a long-term relationship. That he chose Georgetown says a lot, as they were right there with us from the start. When the Porters first said they wanted to be sure Anderson was staying, we figured it was just because of his flirtatious past.. Turns put they had better foresight than most of us. What they had in Georgetown was a known: stable coach, successful program, good school. I truly believe Haith never had a chance, given the shaky reception to his hire. In the end, it really was Anderson who fucked us over, leaving Haith in a situation where Ottos dad basically said "best not to waste your time", as they didn't want to deal with such an unknown. Sure, it's on Haith to sway him, but the Porter family has played this so slOwly and methodically, i really don't think he had a chance.

Frazod

Thanks for that depressing bit of cold hard reality. :sulk:

Chocolate Hog
04-12-2011, 11:24 AM

Fear not my friend he also drafted the best defensive player since Derrick Thomas.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-12-2011, 11:25 AM
It's on Alden.

He's the fucking dumbass who hired Quin.
He's the fucking dumbass who hired Suitcase Mike
He's the fucking dumbass who hired Haith.

I'd say it's pretty obvious that a guy who just singed a five year contract isn't going anywhere right away. They didn't sign with Missouri because they saw Frank Haith as an incompetent fuck, which he is, and it's Alden's fault for hiring him.

DJ's left nut
04-12-2011, 11:28 AM

Blues fan?

Doug Armstrong is light years better than the rest of the jokers we pull for.

He's the general manager for a cursed franchise, but that doesn't mean he isn't very very good. The Halak and Stewart deals were brilliant. And while ownership is in flux, if it ever settles down he'll be in a great position to make some moves for supplemental scorers.

Granted, those scorers will probably die in a car accident or something, but you can't fault Army for the Curse of Scotty Bowman.

Chocolate Hog
04-12-2011, 11:29 AM
It's on Alden.

He's the ****ing dumbass who hired Quin.
He's the ****ing dumbass who hired Suitcase Mike
He's the ****ing dumbass who hired Haith.

I'd say it's pretty obvious that a guy who just singed a five year contract isn't going anywhere right away. They didn't sign with Missouri because they saw Frank Haith as an incompetent ****, which he is, and it's Alden's fault for hiring him.

Come on dude he hired Gary Pinkel.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-12-2011, 11:29 AM
Blues fan?

He's the general manager for a cursed franchise, but that doesn't mean he isn't very very good. The Halak and Stewart deals were brilliant. And while ownership is in flux, if it ever settles down he'll be in a great position to make some moves for supplemental scorers.

Granted, those scorers will probably die in a car accident or something, but you can't fault Army for the Curse of Scotty Bowman.

Not really. I was a fairweather Blues fan in mid-late 90's.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-12-2011, 11:30 AM
Come on dude he hired Gary Pinkel.

And then?

When is Gary Pinkel suddenly the gold standard, anyway?

Chocolate Hog
04-12-2011, 11:36 AM
And then?

My comment was more tongue and cheek about Alden extending Pinkel and the staff when the basketball ship was sinking. The guy was obviously trying to save face.

sedated
04-12-2011, 11:37 AM
Only a mizzou fan would look at Gary Pinkel (both what he accomplished with the program and the fact that he has stayed) and say “so what?”

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-12-2011, 11:43 AM
Only a mizzou fan would look at Gary Pinkel (both what he accomplished with the program and the fact that he has stayed) and say “so what?”

Only a KU fan would go into a Missouri BB recruiting thread and interject himself into a conversation about the football coach.

siberian khatru
04-12-2011, 11:44 AM
It seems Frank may have violated NCAA rules by commenting on a recruit before he signs his LOI:

http://campuscorner.kansascity.com/node/1779

Frank Haith just confirmed to The Star that Otto Porter, a prime 2011 Missouri recruit out of Sikeston, Mo., won’t be a Tiger.

“No, he did go to Georgetown,” Haith said in a text to The Star on Tuesday after The Star asked Haith if Porter was still in play for Mizzou.

Porter is a 6-8, 190-pound forward at Scott County Central High School ranked as a four-star recruit by Rivals.com.

Once considered a strong probable to Missouri, Porter said he would like to stay close to home. That obviously fell by the wayside after Mike Anderson left Mizzou to coach at Arkansas, Porter re-opened his recruiting with Kansas, Missouri and Georgetown all in the running.

Kansas had an in-home visit with Porter last Thursday, Haith made contact by telephone, and Porter took a recruiting visit to Georgetown over the weekend.

“Did speak by phone and the process was all but over,” Haith said. “(He) just needed to see Georgetown, which they visited this weekend.”

That leaves Missouri still with three scholarships to offer for the 2011 season.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-12-2011, 11:48 AM
Why the fuck didn't that asshole shove his fat ass into that jet that parachuted his ass into CoMo and make a beeline for Sikeston?

A telephone call. Way to really bust your ass, Carlton.

Trevo_410
04-12-2011, 11:50 AM
How can you even possibly blame Haith on this? he's been here for a week, how are you suppost to build a strong relationship and comfort level with a recruit in one week? Especially when you're going up against a traditional school like georgetown? As Kimmy just tweeted, it's all about comfort, when media and you posters keep on talkin shit about Haith/Alden/MUBBall how could you feel comfortable going to that school. FFS blame yourselves, shitty mizzou fans.

Hays
04-12-2011, 11:51 AM
hmmm, the gift that keeps on giving.

Oh well we have 3 schollys lets get something half decent to go with the 4 schollys and recruits he gets for next year.

If then it still looks bad then we are indeed in trouble.

Stanley Nickels
04-12-2011, 11:52 AM
Dude's gotta call them and let them know he's headed down there, Hamas. That's when he likely heard they weren't interested in forming a new years-long relationship sometime before August, and to not really bother, that they were disenchanted with the entirety of Missouri basketball by this point. Losing a top-50 player to Georgetown with a brand new coach really isn't something we should cry over. It sucks absolute balls, but say you're his dad. I think I do the same thing.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-12-2011, 11:54 AM
Dude's gotta call them and let them know he's headed down there, Hamas. That's when he likely heard they weren't interested in forming a new years-long relationship sometime before August, and to not really bother, that they were disenchanted with the entirety of Missouri basketball by this point. Losing a top-50 player to Georgetown with a brand new coach really isn't something we should cry over. It sucks absolute balls, but say you're his dad. I think I do the same thing.

"Mr. Porter, this is Frank Haith. I understand your uncertainty over the recent process, but I would like you to give me just a small portion of your time, in person, after you visit Georgetown. I'd like to talk to you about what I think that Missouri, and myself, can offer your son, and I'd like to do so face to face."

Bambi
04-12-2011, 11:57 AM
And then?

Missouri football is going better than it ever has before.

Sure the latest recruiting class isn't top notch but you have to give Alden some credit for hiring Pinkel and keeping him happy.

Hays
04-12-2011, 11:59 AM
Did Alden hire him? or did he have a so called "committee"

maybe an ex gardener called and bridged the gap!

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-12-2011, 12:00 PM
Missouri football is going better than it ever has before.

Sure the latest recruiting class isn't top notch but you have to give Alden some credit for hiring Pinkel and keeping him happy.

.250 will get you shitcanned in MLB, let alone in coaching hires.

OnTheWarpath58
04-12-2011, 01:00 PM
Blues fan?

Spot on.