PDA

View Full Version : Obama Obamas War, Obamas Rules

HonestChieffan
04-12-2011, 12:55 PM
Obama running a war like hes setting up a block party in Chicago. Only this time men and women die.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/news/world/2011/04/afghan-rules-engagement-force-us-soldiers-free-insurgents-caught-red-handed

(Washington Examiner) – Several Taliban detainees who had been captured in February after being observed placing bombs in the culverts of roads used by civilians and military convoys near Kandahar were fed, given medical treatment, then released by American troops frustrated by a policy they say is forcing them to kick loose enemies who are trying to kill them.

Despite what American soldiers say was a mountain of evidence, which included a video of the men planting the bomb and chemical traces found on their hands, there was nothing the soldiers who had captured them could do but feed and care for them for 96 hours and then set them free.

In another incident, members of a unit attached to 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment survived an attack by a suicide bomber on their convoy when his device failed to detonate. Soldiers managed to capture the would-be martyr, but he too was released after being held for four days.

“We put our lives on the line to capture the enemy,” a soldier with the Stryker regiment told The Washington Examiner. “Since my deployment, every insurgent we’ve captured has been released.”

International Security Assistance Forces officials contacted by The Examiner admitted that releases like these were common. The officials said ISAF forces can hold detainees for up to 96 hours, during which time detainees are “screened and a decision is made whether to release the individual, transfer them to appropriate Afghan authorities, or to the detention facility in Parwan [at Bagram Air Base].”

…American troops say the policy is a morale killer. They say the inability to hold suspected insurgents is one of the reasons why the U.S. has been unable to suppress the Taliban.

Detainees can be held at various field detention facilities throughout Afghanistan. “Capacity is not an issue as to whether an individual remains detained,” an ISAF official stated.

“How much more evidence do you need when they are captured on video and tested positive for … chemicals on their hand?” a military official in Afghanistan said. “That’s not enough evidence for our forces to transfer the detainees to a permanent facility before they try to kill U.S. troops again? It’s unacceptable.”

alpha_omega
04-12-2011, 01:16 PM
The pussification of our military continues.

Jaric
04-12-2011, 08:30 PM
“We put our lives on the line to capture the enemy,” a soldier with the Stryker regiment told The Washington Examiner. “Since my deployment, every insurgent we’ve captured has been released.”

There is something very wrong here.

KILLER_CLOWN
04-12-2011, 11:37 PM
Hmmmm.. certainly lends credence to whom the "terrorists" work for.

blaise
04-13-2011, 05:14 AM
Who made the policy?

donkhater
04-13-2011, 05:50 AM
Who made the policy?

I take it that this is an attempt to deflect onto Bush (surprise). If so, I have to ask--when is this president going to be held accountable for anything? If it is bad policy, whether he created it or not, it is on his watch that it continues and therefore the responsibility of it continuing falls on HIM.

blaise
04-13-2011, 06:19 AM
I take it that this is an attempt to deflect onto Bush (surprise). If so, I have to ask--when is this president going to be held accountable for anything? If it is bad policy, whether he created it or not, it is on his watch that it continues and therefore the responsibility of it continuing falls on HIM.

Bush made war for oil. Period. Obama is just doing what he has to do to get us out of this mess.

HonestChieffan
04-13-2011, 06:43 AM
Bush made war for oil. Period. Obama is just doing what he has to do to get us out of this mess.

This begs the question....if we don't detain bad guys, why if the goal is to "get us out of this mess", why did he do a surge, add more troops, employ drones instead of saying "we won", throw a parade, and get out?

donkhater
04-13-2011, 10:03 AM

You, sir, are one naive simpleton.

blaise
04-13-2011, 10:15 AM
You, sir, are one naive simpleton.

Halliburton. Dollars. Oil. Bush. Endless War. Cheney.

End this war.

FishingRod
04-13-2011, 11:43 AM

Kandahar = A f g h a n i s t a n,

The only oil they export is Hash oil.

blaise
04-13-2011, 12:00 PM
Kandahar = A f g h a n i s t a n,

The only oil they export is Hash oil.

Obama's feet are stuck in the Imperialist tar pit of war created by Bush. It's up to us, the American people, to give him our hands and pull him out.

vailpass
04-13-2011, 12:06 PM

:LOL:

durtyrute
04-13-2011, 03:07 PM
Presidents don't actually start wars or make rules. They do what they are told to do. Bush, Obama, whoever. They are just different faces of the same beast.

FishingRod
04-13-2011, 04:01 PM
Obama's feet are stuck in the Imperialist tar pit of war created by Bush. It's up to us, the American people, to give him our hands and pull him out.

If you didn’t like Bush and his foreign policies I just don’t understand how you couldn’t be Redass pissed off at Obama. He has either continued or expanded on virtually everything Bush did. Do we still have prisons out of the United States where people of interest are interrogated with no regard for due process or the Geneva convention? Did he do anything other than follow the Bush timetable for the drawdown of troops in Iraq? Did he reduce or massively expand our presence in Afghanistan? Did he put our troops in harm’s way in Libya because of brutal behavior by a dictator towards his own people but make scant mention, if acknowledging at all of the scores of countries doing the same thing whose dictators are a little more friendly to the USA?

RedNeckRaider
04-13-2011, 04:21 PM
Halliburton. Dollars. Oil. Bush. Endless War. Cheney.

End this war.

And what was Blackwater is now Triple Canopy. What is the average price on a gallon of gas? How many conflicts are we involved in right now? Has the Patriot Act been strengthened or weakened? Have wall street fat cats been punished or rewarded? Your nativity would be charming if it was not so alarming~

2bikemike
04-13-2011, 04:26 PM
If you didn’t like Bush and his foreign policies I just don’t understand how you couldn’t be Redass pissed off at Obama. He has either continued or expanded on virtually everything Bush did. Do we still have prisons out of the United States where people of interest are interrogated with no regard for due process or the Geneva convention? Did he do anything other than follow the Bush timetable for the drawdown of troops in Iraq? Did he reduce or massively expand our presence in Afghanistan? Did he put our troops in harm’s way in Libya because of brutal behavior by a dictator towards his own people but make scant mention, if acknowledging at all of the scores of countries doing the same thing whose dictators are a little more friendly to the USA?

End of discussion!

blaise
04-13-2011, 04:28 PM

Maybe you weren't watching TV, but there's video of Obama signing papers to close those prisons where people are held without due process.
You should probably google it.

blaise
04-13-2011, 04:29 PM
And what was Blackwater is now Triple Canopy. What is the average price on a gallon of gas? How many conflicts are we involved in right now? Has the Patriot Act been strengthened or weakened? Have wall street fat cats been punished or rewarded? Your nativity would be charming if it was not so alarming~

Yeah, because they give Nobel Prizes for nothing. How many does Bush have, how many does Obama have.
'Nuff said.

blaise
04-13-2011, 04:29 PM
End of discussion!

No, there's more discussion.

RedNeckRaider
04-13-2011, 04:35 PM
Yeah, because they give Nobel Prizes for nothing. How many does Bush have, how many does Obama have.
'Nuff said.

How many does Yasser Arafat the founding father of terrorism have?

RedNeckRaider
04-13-2011, 04:40 PM
blasie I must admit I recognize your username but do not recall you being an idiot. You are either playing around or you are indeed an idiot~

vailpass
04-13-2011, 05:11 PM
blasie I must admit I recognize your username but do not recall you being an idiot. You are either playing around or you are indeed an idiot~

He isn't serious. He can't be.

HonestChieffan
04-13-2011, 06:31 PM
Maybe you weren't watching TV, but there's video of Obama signing papers to close those prisons where people are held without due process.

They moved the prison and closed the ones you are talking about. Hello sucker. There is one born every minute.

blaise
04-14-2011, 04:01 AM
They moved the prison and closed the ones you are talking about. Hello sucker. There is one born every minute.

Prisons are not born every minute. That would mean there's like a billion prisons.

mikey23545
04-14-2011, 04:49 AM
I think a real problem in Afghanistan is the lack of decent housing. Since Obama is channeling a former president anyway, he might as well start a program called Habitat for Hamas to alleviate the problem of terrorists living 5 or 6 to a single room.

No wonder they're cranky.

KILLER_CLOWN
04-14-2011, 07:02 AM
Obama running a war like hes setting up a block party in Chicago. Only this time men and women die.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/news/world/2011/04/afghan-rules-engagement-force-us-soldiers-free-insurgents-caught-red-handed

(Washington Examiner) – Several Taliban detainees who had been captured in February after being observed placing bombs in the culverts of roads used by civilians and military convoys near Kandahar were fed, given medical treatment, then released by American troops frustrated by a policy they say is forcing them to kick loose enemies who are trying to kill them.

Despite what American soldiers say was a mountain of evidence, which included a video of the men planting the bomb and chemical traces found on their hands, there was nothing the soldiers who had captured them could do but feed and care for them for 96 hours and then set them free.

In another incident, members of a unit attached to 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment survived an attack by a suicide bomber on their convoy when his device failed to detonate. Soldiers managed to capture the would-be martyr, but he too was released after being held for four days.

International Security Assistance Forces officials contacted by The Examiner admitted that releases like these were common. The officials said ISAF forces can hold detainees for up to 96 hours, during which time detainees are “screened and a decision is made whether to release the individual, transfer them to appropriate Afghan authorities, or to the detention facility in Parwan [at Bagram Air Base].”

…American troops say the policy is a morale killer. They say the inability to hold suspected insurgents is one of the reasons why the U.S. has been unable to suppress the Taliban.

Detainees can be held at various field detention facilities throughout Afghanistan. “Capacity is not an issue as to whether an individual remains detained,” an ISAF official stated.

“How much more evidence do you need when they are captured on video and tested positive for … chemicals on their hand?” a military official in Afghanistan said. “That’s not enough evidence for our forces to transfer the detainees to a permanent facility before they try to kill U.S. troops again? It’s unacceptable.”

Substitute Bush for Obama and you'll notice the ceremonial/puppet position the presidency is.

FishingRod
04-14-2011, 09:03 AM

So I’m not sure how he closes down prisons run by the Egyptions, Jordanians and the Morrocans but, perhaps he means we will quit funding them and sending enemy combatents to them at some point one of these days?
I was never a big fan of Bush and didn’t like a bunch of the sneeky stuff done under his watch, and thought he showed no fiscal responsibility in that he never met a bill he wouldn't sighn. I don't really like it but I did acknowledge that from time to time some pretty unseemly things do need to be done to protect our own citicens. I think Obamma has shown a bit of pragmatisim in doing what needs to be done but I take issue with the fact that he is just so disingenious about it. I just don’t understand how a person can continue to blame the former administration for all that is wrong in the world and not be pissed off the "hope and change guy" hasn’t changed squat other than being even more bush than even Bush could manage.

TIED5573
04-14-2011, 11:56 AM
This begs the question....if we don't detain bad guys, why if the goal is to "get us out of this mess", why did he do a surge, add more troops, employ drones instead of saying "we won", throw a parade, and get out?

Been done. Bush "41"