PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request Prayers Please

KurtCobain
04-12-2011, 02:10 PM
My best friend wince we were little itty bitty kids is spida_man23 on here, Chris. He really needs urgent prayers. I can't give out details. He's a good dude, it would destroy me for something bad to happen to him.

So whether you believe in a guy upstairs and good karma and mind strength, or whatever, please put this guy in your thoughts. He better pull through.

Buck
04-12-2011, 02:11 PM
Good luck to him

blaise
04-12-2011, 02:12 PM
Ok, thoughts and prayers.

Bane
04-12-2011, 02:12 PM
Done.
Posted via Mobile Device

Phobia
04-12-2011, 02:13 PM
You got it.

Omaha
04-12-2011, 02:14 PM
You got it!

Phobia
04-12-2011, 02:15 PM
Typically don't stick prayer requests for anybody except immediate family but he's a member here so here we go.

seclark
04-12-2011, 02:17 PM
in.
thoughts and prayers.
sec

bevischief
04-12-2011, 02:47 PM
On the way!

Radar Chief
04-12-2011, 03:03 PM
Sorry to read that, best of luck to him.

SuperChief
04-12-2011, 03:05 PM
Well wishes are one the way. Hope everything works out.

crazycoffey
04-12-2011, 04:05 PM
pm me if you need an ear brother, don't let it bottle up. Thoughts and Prayers for your friend of course too.

Bowser
04-12-2011, 04:52 PM
Good luck. Hopefully he pulls through his troubles.

Bwana
04-12-2011, 06:21 PM
Done

DaFace
04-12-2011, 06:35 PM
Typically don't stick prayer requests for anybody except immediate family but he's a member here so here we go.

Yeah, he was even at the playoff tailgate this year. Hope everything turns out OK.

booger
04-12-2011, 07:30 PM
you got it man

Rain Man
04-12-2011, 09:14 PM
All problems are temporary. I hope he steers through them.

mnchiefsguy
04-13-2011, 02:13 AM
Thoughts and prayers for your friend.

Mr. Kotter
04-13-2011, 05:13 AM
Done, sir. Best wishes.

Hydrae
04-13-2011, 06:37 AM
Done

When you can, please let us know what is going on and how things are progressing, hopefully for the better!

RedNFeisty
04-13-2011, 07:27 AM
Done deal

KurtCobain
04-13-2011, 08:17 AM
So Sunday morning he didn't show for church(huge red flag), and no had talked to him since saturday afternoon, and he was supposed to drive some food to the church that night. So his Pastor set out to his known friends and yadda yadda concerned, and I guess somebody had told him they heard Chris got killed by somebody who he's had problems with. The police interviewed the guy, and I guess he had a good alibi. Monday night the police were called because a body was laying in a ditch besides the traintracks next to the Bingham Wagner estate here in Independence. He was still alive but severely beaten and robbed for his shoes, wallet, cell etc. He's in ICU and not breathing on his own. It was a blessing he was found monday night and yesterday there was so much confusion to what had happened and whats going on. His mom just kept telling me he was going to be a vegetable forever.

This morning his mom said he opened his eyes and seems to know whats going on. I'm going to see him after work. Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts.

Lzen
04-13-2011, 08:34 AM
Will do. Prayers for your friend.

Hydrae
04-13-2011, 09:35 AM
So Sunday morning he didn't show for church(huge red flag), and no had talked to him since saturday afternoon, and he was supposed to drive some food to the church that night. So his Pastor set out to his known friends and yadda yadda concerned, and I guess somebody had told him they heard Chris got killed by somebody who he's had problems with. The police interviewed the guy, and I guess he had a good alibi. Monday night the police were called because a body was laying in a ditch besides the traintracks next to the Bingham Wagner estate here in Independence. He was still alive but severely beaten and robbed for his shoes, wallet, cell etc. He's in ICU and not breathing on his own. It was a blessing he was found monday night and yesterday there was so much confusion to what had happened and whats going on. His mom just kept telling me he was going to be a vegetable forever.

This morning his mom said he opened his eyes and seems to know whats going on. I'm going to see him after work. Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts.

Wow, does not sound very good. If possible, be sure to pass along the thoughts and prayers of the Planet when you see him.

Braincase
04-13-2011, 09:41 AM
Prayers for your friend.

scott free
04-13-2011, 11:40 AM
Done, hope it works out.

Slainte
04-13-2011, 01:33 PM
Best thoughts going out...

mlyonsd
04-13-2011, 02:10 PM
My best friend wince we were little itty bitty kids is spida_man23 on here, Chris. He really needs urgent prayers. I can't give out details. He's a good dude, it would destroy me for something bad to happen to him.

So whether you believe in a guy upstairs and good karma and mind strength, or whatever, please put this guy in your thoughts. He better pull through.Done. Good luck to him.

Phobia
04-13-2011, 02:15 PM
Brutal. Hope he heals and is good as new soon.

Buck
04-13-2011, 02:57 PM

Wow that's horrible. Hope he heals fully.

JASONSAUTO
04-13-2011, 03:06 PM
sorry to hear players on the way bro.

Rams Fan
04-13-2011, 05:15 PM
Positive vibes and prayers heading Chris' way.

Bugeater
04-13-2011, 05:41 PM
Wow, that sounds horrible. Not sure what to say other than I hope they catch the fuckstick who did it and that he pulls through ok.

CrazyPhuD
04-13-2011, 06:37 PM
Damn man hope he has a speedy recovery.

KurtCobain
04-13-2011, 06:48 PM
He's hooked up to alot of machines. Can't talk; jaw wired shut. It's a fucked up thing to look out. Couldn't imagine how that feels, mentally and physical.

Doctors say once he can breathe on his own there's no turning back from 100% recovery. Minimal brain damage, he's lucky.

DaFace
04-13-2011, 06:53 PM
He's hooked up to alot of machines. Can't talk; jaw wired shut. It's a fucked up thing to look out. Couldn't imagine how that feels, mentally and physical.

Doctors say once he can breathe on his own there's no turning back from 100% recovery. Minimal brain damage, he's lucky.

Damn, dude. Feel free to just say "fuck off" if this is something that's private, but are there any clues about a motive? Was it just completely random, or did he know the guy?

Mr. Flopnuts
04-13-2011, 06:53 PM
Fuck. I'm so sorry man. If you need anything, hit me up.

KurtCobain
04-13-2011, 07:06 PM
This comes from his mom, who's not the most reliable person I know, but she says not even an hour after he showed an ability to communicate the police came in trying to get him to hold a pen and write with his good hand. I guess she told them to get lost and they threatened her with going off to jail. So they got some type of statement from him, but they're the only ones.

I asked him if he knows a name and he shook his head and looked pretty helpless. Dude can't even breathe on his own. Machines everywhere. I told him it's cool we'll get him later, he needs to focus on moving forward, not trying to remember right now.

I keep getting calls from people I haven't seen in a while and most are the same.. "Have you heard about chris? Yeah, I guess he said something on facebook that pissed someone off." Not sure how the facebook thing happened, but there's nothing public on there that would make you think that.

Rumors are crazy. Somebody knew about this within our 'circle' before he was even found. Was it just talk? Don't know. I keep telling people before they go crazy and retaliate, they need to go take a long look at chris in the hospital. That's my picture for why violence for violence needs to be stopped. We don't need any more friends/sons/brothers looking like that.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-13-2011, 07:18 PM
You're getting very fucking wise in your old age and sobriety. I'm proud of you dude.

Pestilence
04-13-2011, 07:52 PM
Holy shit.....thoughts are headed his way.

My wife went through a similar situation with her ex-brother in law. I guess he was at the train station in San Francisco after cashing his check. Some chick came up and asked him if he had a piece of gum.....so being the nice guy that he is....he went and bought her a pack of gum. I guess she saw the $1000 in cash that he had in his wallet and she took off. Not 15 minutes later....he gets hit from behind and his face smashed into the concrete. He's still in the hospital as we speak.

Predarat
04-13-2011, 08:06 PM
Good gosh thoughts and prayers for you. Hope he makes it through, it sounds like he is progressing.

DaFace
04-13-2011, 08:20 PM
This comes from his mom, who's not the most reliable person I know, but she says not even an hour after he showed an ability to communicate the police came in trying to get him to hold a pen and write with his good hand. I guess she told them to get lost and they threatened her with going off to jail. So they got some type of statement from him, but they're the only ones.

I asked him if he knows a name and he shook his head and looked pretty helpless. Dude can't even breathe on his own. Machines everywhere. I told him it's cool we'll get him later, he needs to focus on moving forward, not trying to remember right now.

I keep getting calls from people I haven't seen in a while and most are the same.. "Have you heard about chris? Yeah, I guess he said something on facebook that pissed someone off." Not sure how the facebook thing happened, but there's nothing public on there that would make you think that.

Rumors are crazy. Somebody knew about this within our 'circle' before he was even found. Was it just talk? Don't know. I keep telling people before they go crazy and retaliate, they need to go take a long look at chris in the hospital. That's my picture for why violence for violence needs to be stopped. We don't need any more friends/sons/brothers looking like that.

Insane. Well, as mentioned above, tell him that we're thinking of him (even though he's not very well-known). Once he's well enough to appreciate it, perhaps Kara's epic boobs would cheer him up. :)

Phobia
04-13-2011, 10:21 PM
You're getting very ****ing wise in your old age and sobriety. I'm proud of you dude.

Indeed. He should be a poster-boy for "the system". We always hear so much about young men becoming even more hardened inside.

This kid has become a man.

Phobia
04-13-2011, 10:23 PM
Can't believe the good news. Couldn't be better than that. He probably has a long haul but if they're predicting a near full recovery that's a whole lot better than "vegetable" that we heard at first.

We're going to let this thing drop. Please keep us updated and make sure he stops by when he's able.

LiveSteam
04-13-2011, 10:38 PM
Sorry to hear about your friend. payers sent

KurtCobain
04-17-2011, 09:38 AM
One week later... He's getting released from the hospital tonight or in the morning! We know who did it, it was over a girl. Cops know who did it, he's got a few assault warrants and I guess now he has a robbery and some other warrants too once they find him.

Chris is doing great for a guy who took a hammer claw to the head six times a week ago!

booger
04-17-2011, 09:44 AM
great news! Hope they catch that POS and your friend makes a full recovery.

Dylan
04-17-2011, 09:52 AM
He's in my prayers.

All the best.

MIAdragon
04-17-2011, 09:57 AM
WOW!! Thats great! Karma will catch up with that scumbag.

Dave Lane
04-17-2011, 10:14 AM
Karma enroute!

warrior
04-17-2011, 10:38 AM
Best wishes for your friend.

Phobia
04-17-2011, 01:03 PM
One week later... He's getting released from the hospital tonight or in the morning! We know who did it, it was over a girl. Cops know who did it, he's got a few assault warrants and I guess now he has a robbery and some other warrants too once they find him.

Chris is doing great for a guy who took a hammer claw to the head six times a week ago!

Wow. That will ruin your week.

Hope that guy goes away for a long time. Guess a claw hammer isn't a very good weapon if somebody pisses me off.

Hydrae
04-17-2011, 01:11 PM

Great to hear! Thanks for the update.

Ongoing prayers for a full recovery and that the perp gets a nice long stay with Bubba and friends.

JASONSAUTO
04-17-2011, 01:12 PM
Wow. That will ruin your week.

Hope that guy goes away for a long time. Guess a claw hammer isn't a very good weapon if somebody pisses me off.

meh I saw a guy killed one shot to the side of his head, claw end. Back in the day. Juniper gardens projects. Dead before he hit the ground
Posted via Mobile Device

JASONSAUTO
04-17-2011, 01:13 PM
And kurt I'm really glad your buddy is doing so well
Posted via Mobile Device

Phobia
04-17-2011, 01:36 PM
meh I saw a guy killed one shot to the side of his head, claw end. Back in the day. Juniper gardens projects. Dead before he hit the ground
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, I'm pretty much kidding there. I don't understand how you couldn't kill a guy with a hammer 6x. That doesn't make any sense.

Buck
04-17-2011, 01:38 PM
Shit man, glad he's ok.

JASONSAUTO
04-17-2011, 07:51 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty much kidding there. I don't understand how you couldn't kill a guy with a hammer 6x. That doesn't make any sense.
Must not have been serious about it...
Posted via Mobile Device

bevischief
04-17-2011, 07:56 PM
Glad to hear!!!

Extra Point
04-17-2011, 08:17 PM
With all the peeps, here.

Bugeater
04-17-2011, 08:20 PM
Claw hammer to the head? Good lord...

threebag02
04-17-2011, 08:42 PM
Done

jAZ
04-17-2011, 10:01 PM
Holy hell... that's horrible. So sorry for everyone involved on your end. Hope karma rips a mile wide hole in the evil shit that attacked him.

KurtCobain
04-17-2011, 10:04 PM

Only stitches in one spot. They couldn't get a clean shot cause he was fighting back he guesses.

bowener
04-17-2011, 10:18 PM

Sounds like the fucker that did this to him is going to get found out. Glad your friend is alive and possibly going to be okay. I am also glad to see that it seems he may be able to ID the guy who did this (supposing he knows him).

edit: Finished thread. Glad to see they know who did it.

Phobia
04-17-2011, 10:25 PM
Only stitches in one spot. They couldn't get a clean shot cause he was fighting back he guesses.

I'm guessing the attacker was a giant wussy:
1. Who plans an attack and brings a hammer?
2. What kind of wussy can't swing a hammer at something as large as a human head and not make good contact?

I mean, lucky for your friend but the attacker dude totally lost all street cred.

Phobia
04-17-2011, 10:26 PM
Seriously, dude is in prison and they ask him what he's in for... "Attempted murder, I hit a guy in the head 6 times with clawhammer".

He's going to be somebody's bitch quickly.

JASONSAUTO
04-17-2011, 10:33 PM
I'm guessing the attacker was a giant wussy:
1. Who plans an attack and brings a hammer?
2. What kind of wussy can't swing a hammer at something as large as a human head and not make good contact?

I mean, lucky for your friend but the attacker dude totally lost all street cred.
Like I said he wasn't serious about it. I would think you could break an arm or whatever spida man, was using to defend himself.....
Posted via Mobile Device

IrishGal
04-17-2011, 10:37 PM
I'll be praying for him.....

Phobia
04-17-2011, 10:39 PM
My prayers were the ones that healed him. God likes me sometimes.

KurtCobain
04-17-2011, 11:01 PM
My prayers were the ones that healed him. God likes me sometimes.

That's what I figured.

CrazyPhuD
04-17-2011, 11:27 PM

Maybe he tried to beat him with the wooden end? As least things turned for the better. That chick better have some sort of a magic vagina.

Phobia
04-18-2011, 12:06 AM
Maybe he tried to beat him with the wooden end? As least things turned for the better. That chick better have some sort of a magic vagina.

Maybe it was one of those 4 ozs brad hammers for crafts.

KILLER_CLOWN
04-18-2011, 12:11 AM
Wow i'm happy to hear he's ok, hope they at the very least lock the bastard up for a long time. Violent criminals deserve little sympathy from our justice system.

thommo
04-18-2011, 05:35 AM
good luck to him x

niko
04-18-2011, 05:40 AM
wish him all the best

big nasty kcnut
04-18-2011, 05:48 AM
He's in my prayers.

Lono
04-18-2011, 07:26 AM
Praying for a full recovery.

kepp
04-18-2011, 07:27 AM
Done...good luck with whatever he's dealing with.

KurtCobain
04-18-2011, 04:26 PM
He's doing great now. Up laughing and talking. He might be a tad dumber, but he's doing great in such little time.

LiveSteam
04-18-2011, 04:29 PM
He's doing great now. Up laughing and talking. He might be a tad dumber, but he's doing great in such little time.

An arrest yet ?

KurtCobain
04-18-2011, 04:29 PM
Not that I know of. Would they call him and tell him if one was made?

LiveSteam
04-18-2011, 04:36 PM
Not that I know of. Would they call him and tell him if one was made?
Not sure. I would be asking.

patteeu
04-18-2011, 04:37 PM
Wow, what a story. Glad it's heading for a happy-ish ending. I'll be pulling for a full recovery.

mlyonsd
04-18-2011, 04:55 PM
Good news.