PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Barry Bonds trial

kstater
04-13-2011, 02:34 PM
Verdict in. Should be read in the next 10-15 minutes.

Bowser
04-13-2011, 02:37 PM
I couldn't care less about this crap. Sincerely.

Someone needs to tell ESPN that Bonds just isn't all that relevant these days.

Sofa King
04-13-2011, 02:38 PM
Hopefully this ends all the Barry Bonds talk...

It won't, but that'd be nice.

Buck
04-13-2011, 02:39 PM
Is this on TV somewhere?

kstater
04-13-2011, 02:40 PM
I couldn't care less about this crap. Sincerely.

Someone needs to tell ESPN that Bonds just isn't all that relevant these days.

I'm more interested in the millions of dollars the gov't has wasted on it.

kstater
04-13-2011, 02:41 PM
Is this on TV somewhere?

Has given a literal play by play of the entire trial. I even found out that twitter has a maximum number of posts you can make in a day from him.

http://twitter.com/#!/markfwespn

Bowser
04-13-2011, 02:42 PM
I'm more interested in the millions of dollars the gov't has wasted on it.

True. I'm just thankful that things are running so well these days that they can actually spend a little time getting the important shit with Bonds done.

Buck
04-13-2011, 02:44 PM
Now Court PR person changes her original message, now saying there is NO verdict

Frazod
04-13-2011, 02:51 PM
I detest Bonds, but this is such a waste of time and money. Stupid ass government. :shake:

KingPriest2
04-13-2011, 03:35 PM
Obstruction of justice

kstater
Guilty of Obstruction of Justice. Mistrial on the other 3 counts(hung jury).

ChiefsandO'sfan
TBrownYahoo Tim Brown
Bonds guilty of obstruction of justice.

kstater
Read the front page first.

kstater
04-13-2011, 03:36 PM
No shit?

Chief_For_Life58
04-13-2011, 03:40 PM
hes still the man in my book

KingPriest2
04-13-2011, 03:40 PM
Read the front page first.

Mine claries the post Read the name of the post first before saying anything

Chocolate Hog
04-13-2011, 03:41 PM
Verdict in.

Pestilence
04-13-2011, 03:41 PM
A third time? This guy is getting fucked right now.

Pestilence
04-13-2011, 03:42 PM
Mine claries the post Read the name of the post first before saying anything

STFU

Chocolate Hog
Yea there should be a thread for each count he's found guilty on. You should make the next thread dude.

Mr. Laz
glad it's over
surprised at verdict

KingPriest2
04-13-2011, 03:43 PM
Updated: April 13, 2011, 5:41 PM ET
Barry Bonds found guilty of obstructionEmail Print Comments78 ESPN.com news services

SAN FRANCISCO -- The jury in the Barry Bonds case convicted the seven-time MVP of obstruction of justice, but the defense and prosecution agreed to a mistrial on the other three remaining counts.

Follow the trial
ESPN.com's Mark Fainaru-Wada is live from the courtroom during the Barry Bonds perjury trial. Follow along with our up-to-the-minute Twitter coverage.

The guilty verdict on obstruction of justice means the jury believed Bonds hindered a grand jury's 2003 sports doping investigation by lying.

The judge, after speaking to the jury foreman, said she believes the mistrial is the proper decision given that the jury believes it has reached a crossroads.

The eight women and four men returned the verdict after four days of deliberations. The jury worked behind closed doors since rehearing some testimony early Monday.

Bonds was charged with three counts of lying to a grand jury and one count of obstruction.

Prosecutors allege that Bonds lied when he denied knowingly taking steroids and human growth hormone. A third count of making a false statement charges that Bonds lied when he said no one other than his doctor ever injected him with anything.

Bonds' case is the culmination of a federal investigation that began in 2002 into the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative, which distributed performance-enhancing drugs to athletes

BigCatDaddy
04-13-2011, 03:43 PM
Verdict In.

Sofa King
04-13-2011, 03:44 PM
OJ was on trial too?????

BigCatDaddy
04-13-2011, 03:44 PM
OJ was on trial too?????

http://articles.cnn.com/2008-10-04/justice/oj.simpson.verdict_1_carmelita-durio-defense-attorney-yale-galanter-district-judge-jackie-glass?_s=PM:CRIME

I guess I'm a little late to the party like some of the bonds threads.

BillSelfsTrophycase
04-13-2011, 03:45 PM
Triple Jeopardy

DMAC
04-13-2011, 03:52 PM
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/bTGmEYfQFbo/0.jpg

Luke
04-13-2011, 04:09 PM
So does this mean he will be a candidate for the Pete Rose wing of the HOF in Cooperstown?:p

pr_capone
04-13-2011, 07:59 PM
If they throw the book at him he is looking at 10 years but guidelines say 15-21 months.

LMFAO

teedubya
04-13-2011, 09:30 PM
When is sentencing?

SDChiefs
04-13-2011, 10:01 PM
Death penalty!

Valiant
04-13-2011, 11:14 PM
Epic waste of money.. Every judge and politician involved should have to fork over five years of salary plus 2000hours of community service..

BIG_DADDY
04-13-2011, 11:33 PM
Epic waste of money.. Every judge and politician involved should have to fork over five years of salary plus 2000hours of community service..

Absolutely. Fuck the Feds. They have unlimited amounts of your money to go after people for meaningless reasons and they do it for one reason alone, their own egos.

KILLER_CLOWN
04-14-2011, 12:18 AM

Ya, seems like a diversion from the fact that to put it lightly this country is in the crapper and Gas prices keep rising...put everyone who has something to do with higher gas prices on trial and leave no stone unturned.

Short Leash Hootie
04-14-2011, 06:26 AM
wow

he obstructed justice!

that deserves what????

100 hours of community service?

Fucking ridiculous trial.

Royal Fanatic
04-14-2011, 07:09 AM
I must be the only one here who thinks that Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens both deserve jail time for perjuring themselves. I'm not saying they should be sent away for years, but I think a few months in jail would be very appropriate.

Why the hell even have people swear to tell the truth if there is NO penalty for lying through your teeth when you're under oath?

The idea that Barry Bonds did not know he was taking steroids is ludicrous. Yet he stated multiple times UNDER OATH that he didn't know. So in other words, Jason and Jeremy Giambi BOTH knew that they were getting steroids from Barry Bonds' trainer, but poor dumb old Barry had no idea that his trainer was secretly slipping steroids into his body.

This trial wasn't about steroids. It was about swearing to testify truthfully under oath and then lying your ass off.

Unfortunately, Roger Clemens will probably get off too. There will be at least on juror who will refuse to convict The Rocket. Roger is undoubtedly high-fiving his attorneys right now and saying "See! I told you! This will work!".

Lono
04-14-2011, 07:35 AM
I must be the only one here who thinks that Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens both deserve jail time for perjuring themselves. I'm not saying they should be sent away for years, but I think a few months in jail would be very appropriate.

Why the hell even have people swear to tell the truth if there is NO penalty for lying through your teeth when you're under oath?

The idea that Barry Bonds did not know he was taking steroids is ludicrous. Yet he stated multiple times UNDER OATH that he didn't know. So in other words, Jason and Jeremy Giambi BOTH knew that they were getting steroids from Barry Bonds' trainer, but poor dumb old Barry had no idea that his trainer was secretly slipping steroids into his body.

This trial wasn't about steroids. It was about swearing to testify truthfully under oath and then lying your ass off.

Unfortunately, Roger Clemens will probably get off too. There will be at least on juror who will refuse to convict The Rocket. Roger is undoubtedly high-fiving his attorneys right now and saying "See! I told you! This will work!".

I completely agree people should tell the truth on the stand. However, why the heck did the govt get involved in baseball matters. They should have kept their dang nose out of it. Let baseball decide what they want to do with him. We just wasted millions of dollars on something stupid. No wonder this country is falling apart.

Royal Fanatic
04-14-2011, 08:46 PM
I completely agree people should tell the truth on the stand. However, why the heck did the govt get involved in baseball matters. They should have kept their dang nose out of it. Let baseball decide what they want to do with him. We just wasted millions of dollars on something stupid. No wonder this country is falling apart.
I agree: the government should never have involved itself in the matter of steroids in baseball. That's where the money was wasted: hauling the players in to testify in front of a Senate subcommittee. That was idiotic and it shouldn't have happened.

However, this trial wasn't a waste of time. The trial wasn't about steroids. It was about perjury.

chiefsnorth
04-14-2011, 08:50 PM
wow

he obstructed justice!

that deserves what????

****ing ridiculous trial.

At least it's been decided upon by a jury and a legal decision rendered for the writers to mull over at HOF time. I doubt they have the balls to take his "records" back but at least maybe the HOF voters will take into account that he now has a conviction in relation to him covering up cheating throughout the most productive years of his career.

He did far more to tarnish the game than Pete Rose ever did and now he has the conviction to match

milkman
04-14-2011, 10:02 PM
I agree: the government should never have involved itself in the matter of steroids in baseball. That's where the money was wasted: hauling the players in to testify in front of a Senate subcommittee. That was idiotic and it shouldn't have happened.

However, this trial wasn't a waste of time. The trial wasn't about steroids. It was about perjury.

And he wasn't found guilty of perjury.

He was found guilty of obstruction of justice in the Balco matter, who, as it happens, was brought to justice.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-14-2011, 10:22 PM
wow

he obstructed justice!

that deserves what????

Fucking ridiculous trial.

It is a felony, I believe.

KC_Connection
04-14-2011, 11:31 PM
This verdict might even get thrown out by the judge before sentencing. What a complete waste of time and money.

Short Leash Hootie
04-15-2011, 10:28 AM
It is a felony, I believe.

true

just pretty funny to me I guess