PDA

View Full Version : Life I saw something crazy today (woman driver)

DA_T_84
04-13-2011, 04:46 PM
Well, my boss and I were leaving a meeting in KCK today and were loading the car up, when we heard a crazy "crunch" noise.

We looked up and saw a construction pick-up with a flat trailer drive by, and figured it was a bump in the road or something.

Now the car is loaded up, and we see a cop who happens to be driving by flip his lights on and pull a u-turn, but no siren. Then he stops about 50 yards down the road, which seemed odd, since he didn't pull anyone over.

My boss goes back inside to take a leak, and as he's gone, a firetruck and ambulance drive by, sirens blaring, and stop by the cop car.. Now I know something is up.

We get in the car, and start driving down the road. I'm looking to see what happened and still don't see a car.

Then I see that they are at the entrance of a parking garage.

And then I see that the garage entrance and exit are blocked by huge chunk of concrete.

Then I see that a light pole is knocked over and laying in the grass.

Then I see a missing piece of concrete from the second story of the parking garage (which happens to be the top level).

Then ...

There is a Rav4 smooshed between a tree and the garage itself, sideways.

It seems the woman drove off the top of the parking garage, knocking the cement wall to the street below, in mid-air hit a light pole, knocking it to the ground, then fell between a tree and the wall of the garage.

My boss and I figured that she probably hit the gas while she was in drive instead of being in reverse.

Holy effing shit. Never seen anything like it.

AirForceChief
04-13-2011, 04:48 PM
What? No cell phone pics?!?

Donger
04-13-2011, 04:49 PM
Toyota: When we say we borrowed the fly-by-wire throttle concept, we meant it.

DA_T_84
04-13-2011, 04:50 PM
I know, Im pissed I missed it.

I was too busy deciphering the scene to stop and take a good pic. We were driving by at 25 mph, so I didn't get a solid opportunity.

kstater
04-13-2011, 04:50 PM
Probably had an extra floor mat.

Baconeater
04-13-2011, 04:55 PM
One would think a concrete wall in a parking garage would be reinforced well enough to prevent a freaking RAV4 from taking it out.

Gonzo
04-13-2011, 04:58 PM
She was probably trying to off herself.
Posted via Mobile Device

Frosty
04-13-2011, 05:02 PM
HemiEd is going to love this.

Valiant
04-13-2011, 05:24 PM
Well, my boss and I were leaving a meeting in KCK today and were loading the car up, when we heard a crazy "crunch" noise.

We looked up and saw a construction pick-up with a flat trailer drive by, and figured it was a bump in the road or something.

Now the car is loaded up, and we see a cop who happens to be driving by flip his lights on and pull a u-turn, but no siren. Then he stops about 50 yards down the road, which seemed odd, since he didn't pull anyone over.

My boss goes back inside to take a leak, and as he's gone, a firetruck and ambulance drive by, sirens blaring, and stop by the cop car.. Now I know something is up.

We get in the car, and start driving down the road. I'm looking to see what happened and still don't see a car.

Then I see that they are at the entrance of a parking garage.

And then I see that the garage entrance and exit are blocked by huge chunk of concrete.

Then I see that a light pole is knocked over and laying in the grass.

Then I see a missing piece of concrete from the second story of the parking garage (which happens to be the top level).

Then ...

There is a Rav4 smooshed between a tree and the garage itself, sideways.

It seems the woman drove off the top of the parking garage, knocking the cement wall to the street below, in mid-air hit a light pole, knocking it to the ground, then fell between a tree and the wall of the garage.

My boss and I figured that she probably hit the gas while she was in drive instead of being in reverse.

Holy effing shit. Never seen anything like it.

In Overland Park??

DA_T_84
04-13-2011, 05:33 PM
In Overland Park??

Nope, kck, as in googleville

bevischief
04-13-2011, 06:01 PM
OK who wife's or girlfriend is this?

seclark
04-13-2011, 06:09 PM

i find this part funny.
sec

Bump
04-13-2011, 06:20 PM
it's a shame that they don't take away people's licenses for crap like this

Over-Head
04-13-2011, 06:24 PM
As a long haul trucker, the most common thought running through my head on a daily bassis was ..."JFC, most people couldn't drive a sharp stick through a snow bank!!"

Stories like this only make think I was right all along :doh!:

CrazyPhuD
04-13-2011, 06:27 PM
How many students had she been caught fucking?

-King-
04-13-2011, 06:33 PM
I don't think she had the car "accidentally" in drive instead of reverse because wouldn't you need a lot of momentum to be able to get through the wall?
Posted via Mobile Device

bevischief
04-13-2011, 06:33 PM
She was probably trying to off herself.
Posted via Mobile Device

No wonder she didn't answer... LMAO

DA_T_84
04-13-2011, 06:36 PM
I don't think she had the car "accidentally" in drive instead of reverse because wouldn't you need a lot of momentum to be able to get through the wall?
Posted via Mobile Device

Well, If she gunned it hard, and there was some space between, who knows. She could have been flying into the parking spot and missed the break pedal. Or perhaps mistook the break pedal for the gas pedal.

LiveSteam
04-13-2011, 06:37 PM
I saw something today way crazier than what you saw.
I seen Tom Brady cry during an interview,today/

ZootedGranny
04-13-2011, 06:59 PM
Last week I saw a woman on 210 with her window down, one hand covering her ear, the other hand holding a cellphone to her opposite ear.

Hopefully she died.

Bump
04-13-2011, 07:02 PM
http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h361/Bump4/sSQkM.jpg

CoMoChief
04-13-2011, 07:04 PM
Women drivers - No survivors

I have YET to meet one single female who's a good driver. And by "good" I don't mean just "never have been in a wreck". That's not being a good driver to me. I'm talking about knowing what the **** you're doing behind the wheel of a car. Most (if not all) women have no clue as to what this means.

I'm still perplexed as to why women's insurance rates are lower than men's. I mean the only thing I can think of is probability/risk, men are behind the wheel of a vehicle more, therefore better chance THEY get into the accident. Especially married couples...the man usually drives.

Given ALL of the ridiculously stupid shit women do behind the wheel, as well as the other things they do that cause other people to get into accidents etc.

Bump
04-13-2011, 07:05 PM
Women drivers - No survivors

I'm still perplexed as to why women's insurance rates are lower than men's.

Given ALL of the ridiculously stupid shit women do behind the wheel, as well as the other things they do that cause other people to get into accidents etc.

plus I ever single woman driver I have ever seen was never not on a cell phone or texting.

SDChiefs
04-13-2011, 07:07 PM
When did they start letting women drive?

Bump
04-13-2011, 07:08 PM
When did they start letting women drive?

I think it was right after we started to let them vote. Big mistake.

SDChiefs
04-13-2011, 07:18 PM
I think it was right after we started to let them vote. Big mistake.

I move to repeal those rights. Do I have a second?

HemiEd
05-06-2011, 10:38 AM
HemiEd is going to love this.

1 more down, just hope she wasn't hurt. ;)

Inspector
05-06-2011, 10:50 AM
Some people will believe anything.

I never thought, for one second, she would believe me when I said the Rav4 was engineered to fly.

Rain Man
05-06-2011, 11:06 AM
I had to chuckle this Wednesday when I was driving to a meeting. I was behind this car on a moderately busy three-lane street, and it was in the middle lane. The left blinker was on, and the car was driving very slowly, so I figured they were trying to get into the left lane so they could cross over into one of the frequent left turn lanes on that stretch of road.

The car would occasionally act like it was about to make an abrupt move into the left lane, jerking very slightly left but then quickly straightening out and not switching lanes.

The left lane cleared out, and I putted along behind the guy, waiting for him to switch lanes. However, he never moved over. Yet for some reason the occasional jerky motion left kept happening. It was quite confusing.

So this is the full picture: you've got a car traveling in the middle lane well below the speed limit, left turn signal on, sporadically feinting to the left but never moving over. It wasn't unreasonable when the left lane had cars, but it was quite confusing when it kept happening after the left lane cleared out.

Eventually I decided that something weird was going on, so I pulled into the left lane and passed him. I looked in the car as a I went by, and it was some old coot who was just putting along in his lane, not recognizing his speed or his turn signal, and I'm guessing he had some kind of palsy or parkinson's or something that was making the car jerk left regularly. It was actually kind of funny.

BigRichard
05-06-2011, 01:36 PM
Meteor proof my ass. Can't even take a small leap off of a building.
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XTlB-J8Ff5o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

JohninGpt
05-06-2011, 01:47 PM
http://www.tulsaworld.com/articleimages/2010/20100429_car0429p1.jpg

Not a woman driver, but a male dumbass in Tulsa did this a few months ago.

lcarus
05-06-2011, 03:37 PM
^ Tulsa drivers are the worst in the country. It's bad here...

JohninGpt
05-06-2011, 03:49 PM
^ Tulsa drivers are the worst in the country. It's bad here...

Nah, I've lived places worse than this. Norfolk was horrible.

lcarus
05-06-2011, 04:06 PM
Nah, I've lived places worse than this. Norfolk was horrible.

It's hard to imagine places worse than this. If there are, god help the people that live there.

notorious
05-06-2011, 05:58 PM
It's hard to imagine places worse than this. If there are, god help the people that live there.

I loved to watch people try to go up the hill east of 61st and Sheriden when there was ice on the roads.

****ing dumbasses.

Rain Man
05-06-2011, 08:20 PM
When I think about the places I've lived as a driver, I would rank them like this, from top to bottom.

1. Rolla, Missouri - Tops, but it's not really fair since this is a small town. There wasn't enough traffic to generate a lot of hostility. I guess the drag races at stop lights were the biggest problem.
2. Denver - People are generally pretty decent drivers here. We certainly have idiots, but less than other places I've been. The primary fault here is red light runners, but I think that's toned down over the years for some reason. I suspect that we have more drunk drivers than average, but that's not usually happening in the areas where I live.
3. Austin - The primary fault of Austin drivers when I lived there was just driving bat-out-of-hell fast. People were generally polite and they didn't drive erratically, but they drove like unguided missiles.
4. St. Louis - Worst driving environment. It wasn't so much fast or dangerous, but it was mean-spirited. If you were trying to change lanes, people wouldn't let you in, and they would box you off in a way that seemed intentional. I really didn't enjoy driving in St. Louis.

Granted, these are probably skewed by where I lived in these cities. In St. Louis I commuted right in the thick of a badly congested multi-lane highway, whereas in Denver I drive very little, and usually in a more laid back grid of streets. So that may bias my judgments.

Simply Red
05-06-2011, 10:50 PM
When I think about the places I've lived as a driver, I would rank them like this, from top to bottom.

1. Rolla, Missouri - Tops, but it's not really fair since this is a small town. There wasn't enough traffic to generate a lot of hostility. I guess the drag races at stop lights were the biggest problem.
2. Denver - People are generally pretty decent drivers here. We certainly have idiots, but less than other places I've been. The primary fault here is red light runners, but I think that's toned down over the years for some reason. I suspect that we have more drunk drivers than average, but that's not usually happening in the areas where I live.
3. Austin - The primary fault of Austin drivers when I lived there was just driving bat-out-of-hell fast. People were generally polite and they didn't drive erratically, but they drove like unguided missiles.
4. St. Louis - Worst driving environment. It wasn't so much fast or dangerous, but it was mean-spirited. If you were trying to change lanes, people wouldn't let you in, and they would box you off in a way that seemed intentional. I really didn't enjoy driving in St. Louis.

Granted, these are probably skewed by where I lived in these cities. In St. Louis I commuted right in the thick of a badly congested multi-lane highway, whereas in Denver I drive very little, and usually in a more laid back grid of streets. So that may bias my judgments.

here in Atlanta - Anyone staying here will tell you - about four different hwy's are just pure chaos.

Blick
05-07-2011, 05:21 AM
Was she Asian?

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QKcSZfY1sf4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>