PDA

View Full Version : Misc I need help hooking up my cd player to my car .....

royr17
04-14-2011, 12:11 AM
I have bought this 1994 Ford Taurus and finally got it fixed, but I have this Pioneer DEH-245 High Power 35Wx4 cd player that I cant figure out how to hook up.

Is there anybody on here that is very familiar with hooking up cd players that could help me out here, the help would be much appreciated.

pr_capone
04-14-2011, 12:45 AM
I have bought this 1994 Ford Taurus and finally got it fixed, but I have this Pioneer DEH-245 High Power 35Wx4 cd player that I cant figure out how to hook up.

Is there anybody on here that is very familiar with hooking up cd players that could help me out here, the help would be much appreciated.

Holy mother of god... I once owned a 1994 Ford Taurus and put in a Pioneer head unit into it.

It is actually REALLY easy.

The Ford Taurus stock radio will have two holes on each side of the unit. You will need to purchase a tool to remove them.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/WMR-W80230

The unit should pull straight out. You will need to unclip the wiring harness from the back of the stock unit.

Now you need a dash kit and a wiring harness. These should be readily available at any local radio shop.

Mount the dash kit, clip on the wiring harness, secure the radio.

Done.

royr17
04-14-2011, 12:49 AM
Holy mother of god... I once owned a 1994 Ford Taurus and put in a Pioneer head unit into it.

It is actually REALLY easy.

The Ford Taurus stock radio will have two holes on each side of the unit. You will need to purchase a tool to remove them.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/WMR-W80230

The unit should pull straight out. You will need to unclip the wiring harness from the back of the stock unit.

Now you need a dash kit and a wiring harness. These should be readily available at any local radio shop.

Mount the dash kit, clip on the wiring harness, secure the radio.

Done.

Actually the factory stereo was already out.

I've got that pioneer cd player and have the wiring adapters but I cant figure out how to really hook it up because on the wiring to the cd player the wires are not listed to what they go too like the adapters are.

So thats why help will be much appreciated.

pr_capone
04-14-2011, 12:57 AM
Actually the factory stereo was already out.

I've got that pioneer cd player and have the wiring adapters but I cant figure out how to really hook it up because on the wiring to the cd player the wires are not listed to what they go too like the adapters are.

So thats why help will be much appreciated.

So someone cut the head off the wiring harness?

If so, can't help you. You will need a wiring diagram. Best bet would be a Chilton's or Haynes manual unless you can find it on google.

royr17
04-14-2011, 01:03 AM
So someone cut the head off the wiring harness?

If so, can't help you. You will need a wiring diagram. Best bet would be a Chilton's or Haynes manual unless you can find it on google.

well that sucks then.

JOhn
04-14-2011, 01:04 AM
well that sucks then.

The color's on the wiring is pretty universal, especially with in the same make.

Should be able to google it pretty easy

royr17
04-14-2011, 01:12 AM
The color's on the wiring is pretty universal, especially with in the same make.

Should be able to google it pretty easy

which wires are the power supply and speakers then.

JOhn
04-14-2011, 01:14 AM
which wires are the power supply and speakers then.

http://www.installdr.com/quickwiring.asp

Just google stereo wire colors

FAX
04-14-2011, 01:27 AM
Bad news, Mr. royr17. The 1994 Ford Taurus standard wiring harness is 8-track compatible only.

FAX

royr17
04-14-2011, 01:30 AM
http://www.installdr.com/quickwiring.asp

Just google stereo wire colors

I think my cd player is shot or something, it has a orange cord that is so post to be for the batter and a red for the ignition swith, well on my wiring adapter it says oranger to yellow and red to red, but i get no power.

i dont know what the deal is.

royr17
04-14-2011, 01:31 AM
Bad news, Mr. royr17. The 1994 Ford Taurus standard wiring harness is 8-track compatible only.

FAX

That cant be true cause I have a friend who had a 1994 ford taurus and it had a bought cd player in it and worked just fine.

JOhn
04-14-2011, 01:33 AM
I think my cd player is shot or something, it has a orange cord that is so post to be for the batter and a red for the ignition swith, well on my wiring adapter it says oranger to yellow and red to red, but i get no power.

Fuse?

Run a wire direct from the fuse box to ck it.
I had the same problem with mine, and it was a bad power wire

JOhn
04-14-2011, 01:33 AM
That cant be true cause I have a friend who had a 1994 ford taurus and it had a bought cd player in it and worked just fine.

:facepalm:

royr17
04-14-2011, 01:42 AM
Fuse?

Run a wire direct from the fuse box to ck it.
I had the same problem with mine, and it was a bad power wire

Ok i'll try that then. You are probably right cause I have a clock on the dash and I it doesnt show the time anymore, so you are probably right.

Jewish Rabbi
04-14-2011, 01:45 AM
Ok i'll try that then. You are probably right cause I have a clock on the dash and I it doesnt show the time anymore, so you are probably right.

Department of Redundancy Department.

teedubya
04-14-2011, 01:57 AM

:LOL:

pr_capone
04-14-2011, 02:01 AM
:facepalm:

LMFAOBBQPIMP

royr17
04-14-2011, 02:14 AM
Yay, we got clock and dash lights, was a blown fuse, not to try to fix the cd player back up.

Im crossing my fingers.

royr17
04-14-2011, 02:44 AM
I finally got it fixed and is working great, thanks to everyone that helped me out, it was much appreciated. Thanks again.

JOhn
04-14-2011, 04:30 AM
Yay, we got clock and dash lights, was a blown fuse, not to try to fix the cd player back up.

Im crossing my fingers.

usually is the simple things :thumb:

Phobia
04-14-2011, 07:58 AM
You fixed all that in 2.5 hours? I'm somewhat impressed.

Pants
04-14-2011, 08:36 AM

How long was it so post to take?

Phobia
04-14-2011, 08:45 AM
How long was it so post to take?

I don't know. I'd probably live with it for a couple of weeks until it really started bothering me and then I'd set aside some time in the middle of the night to fix it. I also happen to know Roy isn't the most mechanically inclined guy in the world so I thought I'd throw out a compliment. I'm sure he's feeling good about it with or without my comment.

Fish
04-14-2011, 08:51 AM
Yeah I expected a completely different and more humorous outcome here....

L.A. Chieffan
04-14-2011, 08:59 AM
94 taurus is nice,howd u get that chedda'?

Donger
04-14-2011, 08:59 AM
I had a wiring question yesterday. I replaced a standard light switch with a neato timer one and the two wires on the old switch were both black (no white). The diagram on the new switch showed the line wire on the new switch connecting to the black wire from the house and the load wire connecting to the white wire coming from the house.

Had a 50/50 shot and it worked. I think.

JOhn
04-14-2011, 09:00 AM
I don't know. I'd probably live with it for a couple of weeks until it really started bothering me and then I'd set aside some time in the middle of the night to fix it. I also happen to know Roy isn't the most mechanically inclined guy in the world so I thought I'd throw out a compliment. I'm sure he's feeling good about it with or without my comment.

Which is ironic, considering I apparently helped him :doh!:

Pants
04-14-2011, 09:01 AM

Sorry, I just wanted to use "so post". Can we add it to the CP lexicon?

Pestilence
04-14-2011, 09:27 AM
If I post in this thread.....will I get an infraction?

Bob Dole
04-14-2011, 09:33 AM
Sorry, I just wanted to use "so post". Can we add it to the CP lexicon?

What is that so post to mean?

Fish
04-14-2011, 09:41 AM
What is that so post to mean?

It means Roy is a phonetic minded person. Or an idiot... Maybe both...

ROYC75
04-14-2011, 09:43 AM

Well, he was persistent with it. So I will spare the rest of the story. But a nice effort son. It's also good to see that the confirmation helped you out.

OnTheWarpath58
04-14-2011, 09:44 AM

Is the radio volume so post to go up when I turn on the wipers?

ROYC75
04-14-2011, 09:45 AM

Me thinks the frustrations and lack of sleep was a big factor at that time of the morning.

But what do I know ?

ROYC75
04-14-2011, 09:45 AM

Don't let Johnny Cash help you wire it up, OK.

ROYC75
04-14-2011, 09:46 AM
If I post in this thread.....will I get an infraction?

Possibly. Anything is possible, right ?

Phobia
04-14-2011, 09:47 AM
Since you're here, Roy Jr....

Somebody posted this picture last night and I thought the guy looked familiar. Can you confirm whether this is III or somebody who merely looks like his twin?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_jMOlKldFqPM/TAwpYoiyIqI/AAAAAAAAAXE/hk2HJ8EKLjw/s1600/633767223218847200-EpicBoobs.jpg

Pestilence
04-14-2011, 09:48 AM
Possibly. Anything is possible, right ?

Well considering the last one was bullshit.

Fish
04-14-2011, 09:51 AM

Depends on weather it's raining.....

ROYC75
04-14-2011, 09:54 AM

Hey, it was, just wanted to clear the air.

Pants
Depends on weather it's raining.....

This thread is going threw the roof!

Phobia

Oh - hahahaha - I didn't even remember what you were talking about until I looked at your infractions. Yeah, maybe it was BS. Maybe you didn't know. But an infraction is essentially meaningless unless you're a DB and you're not so it's all bygones. I should have probably just sent you a PM about it.

ROYC75
04-14-2011, 09:56 AM
Since you're here, Roy Jr....

Somebody posted this picture last night and I thought the guy looked familiar. Can you confirm whether this is III or somebody who merely looks like his twin?

Not my bloodline, yours ?

Had to take that picture off, it was scaring me.

Saulbadguy
So post.

ROYC75
This thread is going threw the roof!

As long as it doesn't rain cats & dogs, we should be OK.

Phobia
04-14-2011, 09:58 AM
Not my bloodline, yours ?

Had to take that picture off, it was scaring me.

It could be. I have some strange cats in my family tree.

Just run it past him sometime. See if he remembers having that picture done at some point. The resemblence is too uncanny not to at least ask him.

ROYC75
04-14-2011, 10:02 AM
It could be. I have some strange cats in my family tree.

Just run it past him sometime. See if he remembers having that picture done at some point. The resemblence is too uncanny not to at least ask him.

I here ya, but to really make it seem strange, I know a guy here that does look like that in the face, but he is about 250lbs lighter in person.

Phobia
04-14-2011, 10:04 AM
Maybe you could snap a picture of him doing that so we could compare and verify for ourselves.

ROYC75
04-14-2011, 10:06 AM
Maybe you could snap a picture of him doing that so we could compare and verify for ourselves.

Yuck,Yuck.....

Dartgod
04-14-2011, 10:07 AM

Or maybe not...
Posted via Mobile Device

ROYC75
04-14-2011, 10:09 AM
To be honest here guys, he's done pretty good with working on the car and other areas of his life.

Frosty
04-14-2011, 10:10 AM

*quickly puts thread on "Ignore"*

ROYC75
04-14-2011, 10:10 AM
Or maybe not...
Posted via Mobile Device

We don't need your comments, OK.:D

Mr. Flopnuts
04-14-2011, 11:52 AM
To be honest here guys, he's done pretty good with working on the car and other areas of his life.

Life doesn't always go the way it's so post too. Glad III is doing well.

royr17
04-14-2011, 02:22 PM
Life doesn't always go the way it's so post too. Glad III is doing well.

Life for me isnt going as well as I had hoped for. But hopefully lord willing he will fix that soon. Im so glad to have my own car finally, paid 550 dollars for it and had to replace the radiator and repair the fuel lines. Got more plans to get this car running in tip-top shape.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-14-2011, 03:26 PM
Life for me isnt going as well as I had hoped for. But hopefully lord willing he will fix that soon. Im so glad to have my own car finally, paid 550 dollars for it and had to replace the radiator and repair the fuel lines. Got more plans to get this car running in tip-top shape.

I wish you the best of luck. Be patient.