PDA

View Full Version : Life Westboro Baptist writes letter to St. Joe News Press

cmh6476
04-14-2011, 10:58 AM
http://www.newspressnow.com/your-letters/27538258/detail.html

45 little words govern the nation

I am responding to your article about the Missouri legislature entertaining the notion of charging $35,000 per picket!

Let me see now, Westboro Baptist Church has conducted over 45,500 pickets in our daily street ministry over the past 20 years. Missouri would have that to have cost us about $1.6 billion.

I'm beginning to think the Missouri legislature is full of slow learners or they are all on crack. How can this be so hard?

Rebels need to review the First Amendment, to wit: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Those 45 little words are the law of this nation. The 14th Amendment applies that language to the states and every lesser included government body. "No law" -- that includes one with a prohibitive permit fee (that is the law of the Supreme Court of the United States).

In a nation that will not obey God, he has promised to curse you, and it includes that you will have leaders who are unable to get anything right. That is what you have in your legislature.

What you need to understand is that until the testimony of Westboro Baptist Church to Doomed America is completed, there is no power on this earth, let alone in the state of dim-bulb Missouri, that can shut us up or stop our work. So you might want to stop spending the state budget trying.

Shirley Phelps-Roper

Topeka, Kan.

chiefsnorth
04-14-2011, 11:01 AM
Quit giving them free publicity

Dicky McElephant
04-14-2011, 11:03 AM
This is going to sound fucked up but....

If I had no family and really nothing to live for......I'd take out every one of these fuckers.

ClevelandBronco
04-14-2011, 11:03 AM
[Obligatory observation of the insanity of the members of Westboro, but] she's correct.

cmh6476
04-14-2011, 11:05 AM
Quit giving them free publicity

me or the News Press? The News Press ran a story because a local lawmaker introduced a bill that would issue the permits for the pickets that happen along the funeral zone or something like so they covered it. I don't see how they could not run the letter from the organization targeted with the new bill. I guess I don't view this as free publicity.

POND_OF_RED
04-14-2011, 11:05 AM
Religion is a funny thing. It's like a bunch of kids arguing over which superhero is better. You're not going to be able to change the kids mind so just let them continue to believe in the stupidity they believe in. I kind of agree that it's worthless to waste government money on though.

Phobia
04-14-2011, 11:07 AM
Religion is a funny thing. It's like a bunch of kids arguing over which superhero is better. You're not going to be able to change the kids mind so just let them continue to believe in the stupidity they believe in. I kind of agree that it's worthless to waste government money on though.

What they do isn't religion at all. It's just pure hate. That Shirley Roper gal is unbelievably nasty. I would poop on her forehead if I saw her on the street.

InChiefsHell
04-14-2011, 11:11 AM
[Obligatory observation of the insanity of the members of Westboro, but] she's correct.

Sadly, you are also correct.

chiefsnorth
04-14-2011, 11:21 AM
me or the News Press? The News Press ran a story because a local lawmaker introduced a bill that would issue the permits for the pickets that happen along the funeral zone or something like so they covered it. I don't see how they could not run the letter from the organization targeted with the new bill. I guess I don't view this as free publicity.

You don't view starting threads on football sites with the latest news about them as free publicity?

Demonpenz
04-14-2011, 11:30 AM
anyone else see the "whats trending?" On yahoo?

Westburo baptist #5
Chiefsplanet #6

pr_capone
04-14-2011, 11:35 AM
This is going to sound ****ed up but....

If I had no family and really nothing to live for......I'd take out every one of these ****ers.

No... that actually sounds perfectly reasonable.