PDA

View Full Version : Misc What Conspiracy Theories do you find semi-plausible?

Huffmeister
04-15-2011, 04:14 PM
All of the conspiracy theory kookiness that has sprouted up here recently got me thinking: are there any conspiracy theories that you've heard that may be at least semi-plausible?

Here's my example:
I don't believe in a government cover up of extra-terrestrials visiting earth. However, I do find it plausible that a portion of UFO sightings are ultra top secret military aircraft. Sometimes I wonder what technological advancements the military has developed that would completely blow the minds of the general populace. True stealth? Anti-gravity drives? The amount of funding the military gets along with their secrecy (ie not having to make their findings public in order to get more funding) makes it seem at least semi-plausible to me. Whenever I see a news piece about some new piece of military hardware, I always think "If they're telling us about it, it's already obsolete."

ClevelandBronco
04-15-2011, 04:18 PM
Pretty much none of them. I have a hard enough time finding individuals who are competent and effective.

teedubya
04-15-2011, 05:19 PM
The first conspiracy that got me thinking in the mid 90s... was in 1937 when they made hemp illegal... it's been obvious that corruptorations control most of the laws in Amurka.

When two standing US presidents tell me to watch out of the military industrial complex and secret societies running things... I tend to investigate a bit further.

KILLER_CLOWN
04-15-2011, 08:06 PM
The first conspiracy that got me thinking in the mid 90s... was in 1937 when they made hemp illegal... it's been obvious that corruptorations control most of the laws in Amurka.

When two standing US presidents tell me to watch out of the military industrial complex and secret societies running things... I tend to investigate a bit further.

None of this ever happened, you're just imagining things. Now be a good little sucker and join the pack. :p

I can't believe any of these nutbags believe any conspiracies have ever existed. Everything in life is just a coincidence.

mlyonsd
04-15-2011, 08:23 PM
Just the ones Fox tells me to believe.

Saul Good
04-15-2011, 08:32 PM
I think that our government is so incredibly competent when it comes to keeping secrets and so good at working together on both sides of the aisle that they can certainly preside over massive conspiracies.

Mr. Kotter
04-15-2011, 08:36 PM
Not a single one of them; they are called conspiracy theories for a reason...just sayin'.

Brock
04-15-2011, 08:39 PM
I do believe there were several conspiracies to profit from 9/11 in the stock market by Saudis and others with beforehand knowledge.

Mr. Kotter
04-15-2011, 08:47 PM
Just the ones Fox tells me to believe.

Heh. EXACTLY.

:toast:

mlyonsd
04-15-2011, 09:03 PM
Heh. EXACTLY.

:toast:

Thought I'd just get it out of the way before you declared it.

Fishpicker
04-16-2011, 01:29 AM
I don't totally believe any of them. I just know that you cannot trust the government to tell the truth. I like outlandish conspiracies. they're not nearly as scary as the mundane conspiracies regarding the treasury department and federal reserve. I loved the CT regarding reptilians. Louis CK did a spot on radio (Opie and Anthony show) and kept persisting that Donald Rumsfeld answer whether or not he is a Lizard man. after that came out, I went looking for a clip from Conan the Barbarian (the one where he battles a serpent cult) to post as a goof. And then I found my favorite conspiracy of all time, Conan the Reptilian.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7qDd2seUKCg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

durtyrute
04-18-2011, 09:17 AM
There are no such thing as conspiracies. We live in a dream world.

Jerm
04-18-2011, 01:13 PM
JFK
9/11
Roswell

patteeu
04-18-2011, 01:17 PM
I think conspiracies in which the government covers up the real cause of a disaster are significantly more plausible than those in which the government creates the disaster.

For example, the OK City bombing. I don't believe any of the conspiracies about the government being involved, but I think it's possible that Tim McVeigh and Terry Nichols had help, possibly from middle easterners.

KILLER_CLOWN
04-18-2011, 01:27 PM
I think conspiracies in which the government covers up the real cause of a disaster are significantly more plausible than those in which the government creates the disaster.

For example, the OK City bombing. I don't believe any of the conspiracies about the government being involved, but I think it's possible that Tim McVeigh and Terry Nichols had help, possibly from middle easterners.

The Oklahoma City Bombing
PROOF there were additional explosive charges.

http://whatreallyhappened.com/RANCHO/POLITICS/OK/bombs/bombs.html

Easy 6
04-18-2011, 02:21 PM
Not a single one of them, i take everything that politicians, military leaders & history books tell me at 100% face value.

The world is a utopia of truth...

Donger
04-18-2011, 02:33 PM
I can't think of one.

frankotank
04-18-2011, 03:31 PM
JFK
9/11
Roswell

there sure is a bunch of UFO garbage out there, but if you look at some of the Roswell stuff.....there does actually seem to be a little tread on those tires.....just saying....

Amnorix
04-18-2011, 03:41 PM
JFK possibly. The shooting of Oswald by Ruby really kinda makes me wonder.

The 9/11 stuff is basically absurd. Roswell I don't know diddily about so no comment.

Garcia Bronco
04-18-2011, 03:46 PM

The 9/11 stuff is basically absurd. Roswell I don't know diddily about so no comment.

They've proved that Oswald fired all those shots. And who knows...he could have been the only one involved.

Amnorix
04-18-2011, 03:48 PM
They've proved that Oswald fired all those shots. And who knows...he could have been the only one involved.

hrmm Not sure if my sarcasm meter needs tuning here...

Donger
04-18-2011, 03:52 PM

Ruby was a crazy fucker.

RedNeckRaider
04-18-2011, 03:55 PM

It is a joke or I will have endure yet another person trying to explain a magic bullet and the rest of the bullshit explanations for what was clearly a multiple shooter execution~

Stewie
04-18-2011, 03:55 PM
Not a single one of them; they are called conspiracy theories for a reason...just sayin'.

So, the hugely expensive nuclear shelter built for the President and Congress didn't exist? They denied it for decades saying the people who thought it existed were conspiracy theorists and nutbags. Then, voila! There it was, just like the nutbags said it was.

Garcia Bronco
04-18-2011, 03:56 PM

Mythbusters proved it and it was consistent with the Warren report.:thumb:

Garcia Bronco
04-18-2011, 04:01 PM
Wait...it wasn't mythbusters...let me look it up.

They built human tissue like dummys and even used the same model of car. There were few things things couldn't control and performed the test with a sharp shooter and the bullets did all the things the Warren Report said.

RedNeckRaider
04-18-2011, 04:04 PM

LMAO

Brock
04-18-2011, 04:05 PM

LOL.

dirk digler
04-18-2011, 04:06 PM

Jesse Ventura disapproved it :)

Garcia Bronco
04-18-2011, 04:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZRUNYZY71g

Watch and weep bitches. :P

Donger
04-18-2011, 04:13 PM
It is a joke or I will have endure yet another person trying to explain a magic bullet and the rest of the bullshit explanations for what was clearly a multiple shooter execution~

The entire magic bullet theory is nonsense. Whoever came up with that didn't take into consideration that Governor Connally's seat was below and to the left of Kennedy's. Once you take that into consideration, the bullet travels in a straight line from Kennedy's neck to Connally. Connally was also turned to the right when the shot happened.

RedNeckRaider
04-18-2011, 04:19 PM
The entire magic bullet theory is nonsense. Whoever came up with that didn't take into consideration that Governor Connally's seat was below and to the left of Kennedy's. Once you take that into consideration, the bullet travels in a straight line from Kennedy's neck to Connally. Connally was also turned to the right when the shot happened.

Take the bullet out and the dog still don't hunt~

Donger
04-18-2011, 04:23 PM
Take the bullet out and the dog still don't hunt~

Huh?

KILLER_CLOWN
04-18-2011, 04:24 PM
Here is Ventura's take on it

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sHUKPXR5TbQ?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sHUKPXR5TbQ?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

RedNeckRaider
04-18-2011, 04:26 PM

Also I have fired thousands and thousands of rounds and that is the prettiest deflected bullet I have ever seen~

Donger
04-18-2011, 04:30 PM
Also I have fired thousands and thousands of rounds and that is the prettiest deflected bullet I have ever seen~

Here's another shot of that same bullet:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c8/CE399butt.jpg

RedNeckRaider
04-18-2011, 04:33 PM
Here's another shot of that same bullet:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c8/CE399butt.jpg

And still that is the prettiest deflected bullet I have ever seen~

Fishpicker
04-18-2011, 04:50 PM
its possible for a bullet to retain its shape like that. maybe it was tumbling through the air instead of spinning.

Direckshun
04-18-2011, 04:52 PM
There's only one with the anthrax shortly following 9/11 that I find plausible, albeit for it to be true, it would have to be an otherworldly sinister conspiracy.

RedNeckRaider
04-18-2011, 04:54 PM
its possible for a bullet to retain its shape like that. maybe it was tumbling through the air instead of spinning.

Maybe but the overall story is hard to buy IMO~

Fishpicker
04-18-2011, 04:57 PM
I agree with that RnR. its possible but very unlikely.

LiveSteam
04-18-2011, 05:02 PM
One of my Favorite.
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/C3ZWl4o4fRo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fishpicker
04-18-2011, 07:14 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1ygPK1D1BJ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I thought this was pretty interesting. I dont agree with Kaku's view on Global Governance but at least he makes his claims in a forthright manner.

KILLER_CLOWN
04-18-2011, 07:58 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1ygPK1D1BJ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I thought this was pretty interesting. I dont agree with Kaku's view on Global Governance but at least he makes his claims in a forthright manner.

Were far away from a type 1, and having the same crooks in power will only lead to regression.

Chiefshrink
04-18-2011, 11:04 PM

:thumb:

Chiefshrink
04-19-2011, 02:06 AM
Jean Paul Ludwig's SSN# being used by Barry.

Jerm
04-19-2011, 06:46 AM
I'm tempted to add RFK's assassination to my list...go back and forth on it though.

Jerm
04-19-2011, 06:52 AM
there sure is a bunch of UFO garbage out there, but if you look at some of the Roswell stuff.....there does actually seem to be a little tread on those tires.....just saying....

Even if you don't believe in UFOs or believe in cover ups regarding them, if you get in depth on Roswell it's very, very convincing...as is the Phoenix Lights and a lot of the stuff concerning Area 51 as well.

phisherman
04-19-2011, 07:07 AM
One of my Favorite.
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/C3ZWl4o4fRo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

that's got to be the dumbest s**t i've ever seen. and i like reading conspiracy theories.

Huffmeister
04-19-2011, 12:10 PM
Even if you don't believe in UFOs or believe in cover ups regarding them, if you get in depth on Roswell it's very, very convincing...as is the Phoenix Lights and a lot of the stuff concerning Area 51 as well.

Have you ever heard of Project Mogul? It's the most rational explanation of the 'Roswell Incident' that I've come across.

Crashed weather balloon + (Top Secret DoD project * cold war paranoia) + people getting a little too worked up = Roswell Incident

Cecil Adams wrote an interesting article about here (http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/967/did-a-flying-saucer-crash-near-roswell-new-mexico-in-the-1940s).

Radar Chief
04-19-2011, 12:14 PM
Crashed weather balloon + (Top Secret DoD project * cold war paranoia) + people getting a little too worked up =

=2 /cross thread humor

Huffmeister
04-19-2011, 12:29 PM
=2 /cross thread humor

You'll noticed I used (Top Secret DoD project * cold war paranoia) instead of Top Secret DoD project(cold war paranoia). ;)

Radar Chief
04-19-2011, 12:56 PM
You'll noticed I used (Top Secret DoD project * cold war paranoia) instead of Top Secret DoD project(cold war paranoia). ;)

:thumb:

Jerm
04-19-2011, 11:02 PM
Have you ever heard of Project Mogul? It's the most rational explanation of the 'Roswell Incident' that I've come across.

Crashed weather balloon + (Top Secret DoD project * cold war paranoia) + people getting a little too worked up = Roswell Incident

Cecil Adams wrote an interesting article about here (http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/967/did-a-flying-saucer-crash-near-roswell-new-mexico-in-the-1940s).

Yeah I've heard of it and it doesn't do much for me...same as the flare explanation for the Phoenix Lights. It's laughable.