PDA

View Full Version : Economics Five Truths that Liberals Hate

chris
04-16-2011, 08:55 AM
I received this in an email from a friend in Europe.

#2 sorta sums it all up..............................

Five Truths that Liberals Hate
By Gary DeMar | Published: June 30, 2010

1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.

2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

4. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

5. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.

|Zach|
04-16-2011, 08:57 AM
http://media.monkserve.com/EKK/1999/thumbnail-the-gary-demar-show.png

chris
04-16-2011, 09:00 AM
http://media.monkserve.com/EKK/1999/thumbnail-the-gary-demar-show.png

i have no clue who Demar is or care; the words speak for themselves.

|Zach|
04-16-2011, 09:00 AM
i have no clue who Demar is or care; the words speak for themselves.

Yea deep shit man.

orange
04-16-2011, 11:12 AM
6. You can get rich preaching to rightwingers that their rightful due is being stolen from them.

go bowe
04-16-2011, 11:25 AM
6. You can get rich preaching to rightwingers that their rightful due is being stolen from them.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

chris
04-16-2011, 11:26 AM

Pure deflection. I am not a rightwinger. I'm an independent sick and tired of being blamed for others unwillingness to better themselves.

I'm tired of paying other peoples taxes.

Point 2 and 3 says it all.

Others are paying for your way of life. Get off your butt and make more.

It has to stop.

cdcox
04-16-2011, 11:27 AM

Why would you do that?

oldandslow
04-16-2011, 11:39 AM
Why would you do that?

lol

Brock
04-16-2011, 12:11 PM
Pure deflection. I am not a rightwinger. I'm an independent sick and tired of being blamed for others unwillingness to better themselves.

It has to stop.

Does that mean people who make more than you are paying your taxes? Get off your ass and make more.

chris
04-16-2011, 12:34 PM
Does that mean people who make more than you are paying your taxes? Get off your ass and make more.

Stupid comment. Please think before you post.

Do the math.

If one is in the top bracket, how can others do that?

Are others paying your taxes? :)

Brock
04-16-2011, 12:54 PM
What's stupid is acting like there's any chance in hell that there will ever be a flat tax.

chris
04-16-2011, 01:07 PM
What's stupid is acting like there's any chance in hell that there will ever be a flat tax.

You may be correct. But the system is broken and the problem will be solved one way or another. Either we get our financial house in order with everyone paying their fair share; or we all go broke.

Simple as that.

RNR
04-16-2011, 01:09 PM
You may be correct. But the system is broken and the problem will be solved one way or another. Either we get our financial house in order with everyone paying their fair share; or we all go broke. Simple as that.

Too late~

KILLER_CLOWN
04-16-2011, 01:29 PM
Too late~

Beat me to it, We should have started this 10+ years ago.

KC native
04-16-2011, 01:36 PM
You may be correct. But the system is broken and the problem will be solved one way or another. Either we get our financial house in order with everyone paying their fair share; or we all go broke.

Simple as that.

Everyone except the really wealthy does pay their fair share. Feel free to visit my thread about tax myths if you want real world data about our tax system and how it really works.

Bewbies
04-16-2011, 01:54 PM
Liberals hate truth period. There is not some magic list of 5 truths....

chris
04-16-2011, 02:04 PM
Everyone except the really wealthy does pay their fair share. Feel free to visit my thread about tax myths if you want real world data about our tax system and how it really works.

This is so wrong. Geeezz, do you even think at all?

I read the other thread. And others far more articulate that me punched holes in it.

Nice try.

notorious
04-16-2011, 03:01 PM

This is true.

KC native
04-16-2011, 03:27 PM
This is so wrong. Geeezz, do you even think at all?

I read the other thread. And others far more articulate that me punched holes in it.

Nice try.

ROFL No, no one punched any holes in it. Please point out where anyone corrected anything in it.

suzzer99
04-16-2011, 07:26 PM
How about these guys robbing taxpayers blind (http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-real-housewives-of-wall-street-look-whos-cashing-in-on-the-bailout-20110411?page=2) and getting away scot-free? How come that never seems to upset rightwingers 1% as much as aid to the poor? How do you not see that kind of blatant corruption as a threat to the middle class?

Hell you even go to bat for these scumbags anytime someone wants to crack down on them or let the Bush tax cuts expire on them. How the hell they pulled that trick off I will never understand. You do realize the game is rigged, and you will never get a seat at that table right? It's not like the new global elite is going to turn around and reward you with all the spoils once you help them vote down all aid to the poor and lower middle class, or environmental laws, or whatever the Koch Brothers feel like scaring you into a frenzy over this week. They are laughing at all of us.

Someone asked in another thread to give him one good reason why the rich should pay more in taxes. Well there's one argument. At least let them pay it back a little for all the game-rigging that goes on when you get to the level of power and influence. Since apparently we aren't ever allowed to crack down on them, even if they almost single-handedly destroy the world economy with their pathological greed and bottomless morals, w/o instigating "class warfare". Oh noes, the poor rich. Who will protect them? Who will speak for the Masters of the Universe?

Mr. Kotter
04-16-2011, 08:21 PM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.

Legislating wealthy out of prosperity? Seriously? LMAO

2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

So, welfare queens/trailer-park-trash/project-crackheads who live off $686 month Welfare/SS SSI, food stamps, medicare....and can maybe afford to feed their families, can ward off major illness/disease early--but not later, so they die "early" due to (necessary) limitations on Medicare...well, they lead a life we should all be content with, or even should aspire to....given it means being able to sleep-in, watch crappy TV 12 hrs a day, and begin drinkin' 40s and tokin' ditch-weed by 4:20 pm, right?

Yeah, I can really see the appeal of that lifestyle choice. You are right.... :rolleyes:

3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Government, first, gives in this country; freedom, opportunities, and wealth undreamed of in most other nations. Do they return a fair share of that prosperity, given the privilege of life in this country? Sure they are. But it's a lesser share than selfish narcissistic bastards who don't fully appreciate the unique benefits they enjoy as Americans, seem willing to "return" to that government, IMHO--which is most of them, spare Buffet and Gates. :)

4. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

If you honestly think "half" the nation is willing to live like the welfare queens/trailer-park-trash/project-crackheads I alluded to, you my friend....are the one who is half-baked. If you are repulsed by a responsible safety net, that's understandable given the very effective demagoguery of the Limbaugh-Hannity-Beck axis of greed. However, even dittoheads must surely understand that throwing the middle class under the bus...with those whose ambitions are aimed more low, isn't a good move. Seriously. Think about it.

Nor can you justify hording of wealth on the level that we see today, given that the top 1-5% control a higher percentage of wealth in the country...than they ever have, since 1929. Yeah, it's true; look it up. And it ain't no coincidence. The only question is, will we be smart enough this time...to avoid wiping out the middle class for a decade, before we figure out that the rich-getting-richer leads us down a disastrous economic road to ruin--at least for hard working middle class citizens and voters who are being thrown under the bus by a narcissistic, greed obsessed privileged elite that insists on an even greater share of national wealth than they already control.

Okie_Apparition
04-16-2011, 08:33 PM
You must not understand how expensive it is to be poor & how much is to be made. If someone ain't making a buck somewhere, shit don't get passed on either side.

Mr. Kotter
04-16-2011, 08:38 PM
You must not understand how expensive it is to be poor & how much is to be made. If someone ain't making a buck somewhere, shit don't get passed on either side.

You are right on, Mike; from their perspective, 40s of OE or Colt45, and ditchweed by 4:20 is livin' the highlife. And that's all that matters to them.

Beer companies like Anheuser-Busch, and small town dope dealers fronting for the big boys know that "it's tough out here, for a pimp." Meanwhile, lobbyists grease the hands of politicians and their campaigns to ensure their "system" is left alone. Great gig they got, eh?

go bowe
04-16-2011, 09:05 PM

So, welfare queens/trailer-park-trash/project-crackheads who live off $686 month Welfare/SS SSI, food stamps, medicare....and can maybe afford to feed their families, can ward off major illness/disease early--but not later, so they die "early" due to (necessary) limitations on Medicare...well, they lead a life we should all be content with, or even should aspire to....given it means being able to sleep-in, watch crappy TV 12 hrs a day, and begin drinkin' 40s and tokin' ditch-weed by 4:20 pm, right?

Yeah, I can really see the appeal of that lifestyle choice. You are right.... :rolleyes:

Government, first, gives in this country; freedom, opportunities, and wealth undreamed of in most other nations. Do they return a fair share of that prosperity, given the privilege of life in this country? Sure they are. But it's a lesser share than selfish narcissistic bastards who don't fully appreciate the unique benefits they enjoy as Americans, seem willing to "return" to that government, IMHO--which is most of them, spare Buffet and Gates. :)

If you honestly think "half" the nation is willing to live like the welfare queens/trailer-park-trash/project-crackheads I alluded to, you my friend....are the one who is half-baked. If you are repulsed by a responsible safety net, that's understandable given the very effective demagoguery of the Limbaugh-Hannity-Beck axis of greed. However, even dittoheads must surely understand that throwing the middle class under the bus...with those whose ambitions are aimed more low, isn't a good move. Seriously. Think about it.

Nor can you justify hording of wealth on the level that we see today, given that the top 1-5% control a higher percentage of wealth in the country...than they ever have, since 1929. Yeah, it's true; look it up. And it ain't no coincidence. The only question is, will we be smart enough this time...to avoid wiping out the middle class for a decade, before we figure out that the rich-getting-richer leads us down a disastrous economic road to ruin--at least for hard working middle class citizens and voters who are being thrown under the bus by a narcissistic, greed obsessed privileged elite that insists on an even greater share of national wealth than they already control.
communist!!!

Mr. Kotter
04-16-2011, 09:22 PM
communist!!!

Yeah, I've been accused of that a lot lately...heh. Damn conservative Fred Thompson....communist. Yeah, that's the ticket. Heh. LMAO

Okie_Apparition
04-16-2011, 09:22 PM
Liberals like death panels but hate vouchers that won't cover enough health care to help sick people. seems even to me.

go bowe
04-16-2011, 09:37 PM
Yeah, I've been accused of that a lot lately...heh. Damn conservative Fred Thompson....communist. Yeah, that's the ticket. Heh. LMAOsenator fred thompson of law and order fame?

only bep could call him a communist...

i hope...

HolyHandgernade
04-16-2011, 09:46 PM
Who let these truths out!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

It burrrrnnnnsss! It stingssssss us!

Chiefspants
04-16-2011, 09:49 PM
I received this in an email from a friend in Europe.

#2 sorta sums it all up..............................

Five Truths that Liberals Hate
By Gary DeMar | Published: June 30, 2010

1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity..

Hate?! I freaking love this truth, let's print up this legislation, because, what I really hate is the fact that there are people living out there who make more money than me.

Mr. Kotter
04-16-2011, 09:58 PM
senator fred thompson of law and order fame?

only bep could call him a communist...

i hope...

Bingo! LMAO

Well, her and Isaac/TJ/douchebag and other tea bagger reactionary types, heh. LMAO

KILLER_CLOWN
04-16-2011, 10:35 PM
Fred Thompson the derp derp.

Mr. Kotter
04-16-2011, 10:37 PM
Fred Thompson the derp derp.

Thanks for your meaningful input... :rolleyes:

KILLER_CLOWN
04-16-2011, 11:43 PM
Thanks for your meaningful input... :rolleyes:

What exactly is there to like about Mr. Thompson? More of the same crap we have now, another puppet and not a very smart one at that.

Silock
04-17-2011, 12:11 AM

Do you have any long-term, cross-country empirical proof that shows income inequality is a hindrance to economic growth or somehow leads to economic ruin? Doesn't modern economic growth show income inequality to first get worse, then get better?

Direckshun
04-17-2011, 12:36 AM
Do you have any long-term, cross-country empirical proof that shows income inequality is a hindrance to economic growth or somehow leads to economic ruin? Doesn't modern economic growth show income inequality to first get worse, then get better?

Is growing income inequality a concern, in your opinion?

Why, or why not?

Silock
04-17-2011, 01:20 AM
Is growing income inequality a concern, in your opinion?

Why, or why not?

Not to me. I've yet to see any evidence that it's harming me, making me pay more taxes or making me poor.

If someone can show me differently, I might be concerned. But so far, all I see is a bunch of complaining about "He's got more money than me!" without any proof that it's actually hurting anything.

CrazyPhuD
04-17-2011, 10:00 AM

So there are a couple of other potential reasons, but here's one major risk and you can decide if it's a bad thing or not. So as the wealth disparity, if it grows the natural effect is that more and more of the wealth is concentrated in fewer and fewer hands. At the same time those fewer and fewer hands will be paying a greater share of the taxes. If enough wealth and enough taxes are concentrated in few enough hands, eventually they will simply say enough is enough and leave. At that point the tax base collapses and likely the nation with it.

That's your ultimate risk and also one of the reasons that we're not likely to see any sort of middle east style protests here. Those they would protest against would likely just leave. Being a US citizen is not dependent upon their success.

But really the solution to the wealth disparity should be a pretty simple one. A fairly large estate tax. I've never understood why people are so opposed to it(and I actually would stand to benefit significantly from a lack of one). The reality is inheritance is almost no different the welfare. Barring special cases of a young death with a young family, it doesn't matter that the parents earned the money, the simple reality is YOU didn't.

Now this wouldn't be a solution to government budget issues since I believe the government would see little to no money from the estate tax. Most people I suspect give their money away to the charity of their choice when they die. But the point of an estate tax isn't revenue, it's to prevent dynasty's and wealth traveling to people who didn't earn it.

Sure there is a real issue that it can cause family farms to be broken up and potentially family small businesses to be sold. But the reality is, if your children are actually successful managers, they would be able to find someone to invest the company/farm to pay for part of the taxes. If they can't they are likely not to be a good manager anyway. Plus the simple reality is....they didn't earn that income, it was given to them merely by accident of birth.

There are people who hate the estate tax, but I think all inheritance does is encourage people to be lazy, exactly like welfare. Growing up rich with a great education is already such a huge advantage in life that if you can't make something of yourself on your own, you don't deserve it. Plus you never earned that money, your parents did, and I'm never a fan of giving people money they didn't earn, whether you are poor or rich.

Silock
04-17-2011, 05:19 PM
So there are a couple of other potential reasons, but here's one major risk and you can decide if it's a bad thing or not. So as the wealth disparity, if it grows the natural effect is that more and more of the wealth is concentrated in fewer and fewer hands. At the same time those fewer and fewer hands will be paying a greater share of the taxes. If enough wealth and enough taxes are concentrated in few enough hands, eventually they will simply say enough is enough and leave. At that point the tax base collapses and likely the nation with it.

Again, I'm just asking for hard evidence, not speculation.

There are risks with every course of action. I can't imagine a scenario where the rich are okay with wealth redistribution, but not okay with them continuing to get richer despite paying more taxes in absolute terms.

Thig Lyfe
04-17-2011, 05:27 PM
cool email fwd bro

Otter
04-17-2011, 05:29 PM
Not to me. I've yet to see any evidence that it's harming me, making me pay more taxes or making me poor.

If someone can show me differently, I might be concerned. But so far, all I see is a bunch of complaining about "He's got more money than me!" without any proof that it's actually hurting anything.

LoL, that's what liberals do dude. It's NEVER their fault and money grows on trees.

suzzer99
04-17-2011, 05:51 PM

If someone can show me differently, I might be concerned. But so far, all I see is a bunch of complaining about "Liberals want to give all my taxes to poor people!" without any proof that it's actually hurting anything.

FYP

Mr. Kotter
04-18-2011, 08:23 PM

Anyone else notice chris is too lazy to respond? Imagine that. :rolleyes:

Norman Einstein
04-18-2011, 08:49 PM

II don't know about Chris, but I see that you have plenty of time to decry the wealthy. Why is it that liberals find flaw in those that have found ways to become wealthy?

If you want more than you have you have to find ways to get it.

Your comments about those on welfare getting $866 a month is pretty much BS. There are families getting far more than that based on conditions.

Face it, there are plenty of people in the U.S. that are not adding to the GNP and will never add to it because they have become institutionalized with their entitlements.

The OP was more true in most ways than you are willing to accept, but then as the title says "Five Truths that Liberasl Hate" - you have proven the point, again.

suzzer99
04-18-2011, 09:13 PM
Norman, please go read my link early in this thread that no one repied to (http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-real-housewives-of-wall-street-look-whos-cashing-in-on-the-bailout-20110411?page=2), and then ask me again about why some might begrudge those who have gotten extremely wealthy largely at the taxpayers expense. Then please explain to me why this kind of bold-faced corruption at the highest levels of our incestuos govt-business marriage doesnt seem to bother you.

What if I told you this happened on Obama's watch? Would that get you interested?

Taco John
04-18-2011, 09:20 PM
6. You can get rich preaching to the proletariat that their rightful due is being stolen from them.

FTFY - left tor right, it doesn't matter.

RJ
04-18-2011, 09:30 PM
I was thinking I could make some money by selling a bumper sticker that would say "Support the Wealthy" with an American Flag emblem below. I thought I could market it to The Liberals cause they would think it was funny. But then I realized that I might have to pay 17% of my profits in taxes so I just said fuck it. Too bad, it was a funny bumper sticker if you're A Liberal and I might have created some jobs.

chris
04-19-2011, 12:11 AM

Aaah, you care for me. I'm truly touched. :)

It's Monday. Weekend playtime arguing with Looter simpletons is over. Back to adult time. I have work to do. Someone has to pay your lazy butt's taxes. :)

(That was too easy. Softball knocked for a home run!)

Have fun. You take yourself too seriously.

Chiefshrink
04-19-2011, 01:11 AM

It has to stop.

You are also tired of paying for orange's cable TV and internet as well. No wonder orange is frightened and pissed. He may lose a good thing if he has to go back to work. Wait a minute, has he ever worked?:LOL:

Nothing personal orange:thumb:

patteeu
04-19-2011, 05:28 AM

Your thread was not eye opening in the least. It was, however, misleading in several respects.

patteeu
04-19-2011, 05:59 AM

Maybe he didn't respond because your "response" wasn't a response at all. You embedded it in his list of 5 items, but it didn't really have anything to do with them.

But to make you happy, I'll address your post:

Wow, substantial rebuttal here! You put me in awe.

Nothing about point 2 suggests that anyone should strive for this lifestyle nor that it is appealing. Besides that terrible attempt at a strawman, this statement is completely non-responsive. I take it that you essentially agree that point 2 is correct.

This is the weakest point in the list chris posted. Your response is pretty weak too. Government doesn't give freedom, opportunities or wealth, but it surely facilitates some level of all of those. The rest of your post is unintelligible and unworthy of a response.

Point number 4 has nothing to do with throwing the middle class under the bus or with a responsible safety net. I'm detecting a strawman pattern in your non-responsive "responses".

The first thing I notice here is that you seem to acknowledge that item 5 is true. The second thing I notice is that your unrelated assertion comes with no supporting evidence whatsoever.

I'm glad you had the chance to emote in this thread because it's clear that you need an outlet for your unrelenting envy, but frankly your post is embarrassing and I wouldn't have bumped it to bring additional attention to it. But I guess any attention is better than no attention to some people.

notorious
04-19-2011, 06:25 AM
Government, first, gives in this country; freedom, opportunities, and wealth undreamed of in most other nations. Do they return a fair share of that prosperity, given the privilege of life in this country? Sure they are. :)

The Government gives people freedom?

Wow.

KC native
04-19-2011, 07:56 AM
Your thread was not eye opening in the least. It was, however, misleading in several respects.

Horseshit patty. if that was the case then why did no one point out any real flaws with it? All there were as mlyonsd issue with tone and his lack of reading comprehension as well as personal attacks on me.

mlyonsd
04-19-2011, 11:55 AM
Horseshit patty. if that was the case then why did no one point out any real flaws with it? All there were as mlyonsd issue with tone and his lack of reading comprehension as well as personal attacks on me.

Sorry if I stepped on your feelings.

patteeu
04-19-2011, 11:57 AM

Real flaws were pointed out, even if you refuse to acknowledge them.