PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Women and sports

luv
04-16-2011, 08:06 PM
What are your views on women and sports?

Should women announce men's sports?

What sports should be off limits for women?

milkman
04-16-2011, 08:09 PM
I think it's great when women are into sports, but I don't want a woman calling games in any of the big three.

I'm sexist that way.

But if a woman wants to play a sport, regardless of what sport it is, lete her.

Just don't ask me to watch.

KurtCobain
04-16-2011, 08:10 PM
I could make alot of sexist jokes but I've worn out my smile this afternoon so I'll be serious.

Fuck yes women should commentate because I love their voices.

However, I have a very hard time taking women sports reporters seriously.

And there is nothing sexier to me in the world than a girl in a football jersey. Basketball jersey close second.

LiveSteam
04-16-2011, 08:14 PM
I could make alot of sexist jokes but I've worn out my smile this afternoon so I'll be serious.

Fuck yes women should commentate because I love their voices.

However, I have a very hard time taking women sports reporters seriously.

And there is nothing sexier to me in the world than a girl in a football jersey. Basketball jersey close second.

http://www.hothuskers.com/photos/fc/48/64/fc486473dca5cd6.jpeg
http://api.ning.com/files/wXnwvdJjP*GsJCg7bZ1TYqjwBVBYHU7FaPGGKUKgWurKK9v393vW0euQF*zT*924imSLAAui6N9NYEY-pSlucVGpRsxStwFZ/2HuskerCrops.jpg
http://sammyvegas.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/nebraska-husker-girl.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_dniZnFVlskI/Sk413YBqAMI/AAAAAAAABvc/o0v16fi3BLQ/s320/husker.jpg
http://cdn2.holytaco.com/wp-content/uploads/images/J10.jpg
http://cdn2.holytaco.com/wp-content/uploads/images/J4.jpg

Buck
04-16-2011, 08:15 PM

Is it a turn off or a turn on when a woman is into sports as much as you are?
Yes

No

None

luv
04-16-2011, 08:16 PM

Yes

No

None

The first one wasn't really a yes or no type of question.

Buck
04-16-2011, 08:17 PM
The first one wasn't really a yes or no type of question.

Sorry, I'm all drugged up.

Yes it's a turn off. There is one girl I would have dated but she was a huge Sox/Pats fan. Well maybe I just hate those teams and not the fact that she liked sports so much.

kstater
04-16-2011, 08:18 PM
Women are good for two things: Cooking and Fucking.

Predarat
For a woman to be in a relationship with me she pretty much needs to be into sports or at least have a tolerence of sports. Maybe not every sport or as much as I am into them, if not its not lasting long. And she definately needs to count a sporting event as a date. But yes it is a big turn on for me. As far as women calling mens sports, im not a fan at all. They can play whatever sport they want as far as im concerned.

Buck
Women are good for two things: Cooking and Fucking.

I don't really like the taste of human flesh. Just my opinion.

BillSelfsTrophycase
04-16-2011, 08:21 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_MvB30wn17U8/SnWvYAB5uYI/AAAAAAAAALY/cISkzC9Ao2M/s400/Brazilian+Women+sports.bmp

Baconeater
04-16-2011, 08:22 PM
Sports are for guys. Women are for bringing nachos and beer to guys who are watching sports.

Bearcat
04-16-2011, 08:26 PM
I don't think of it any differently than talking to a guy about sports... it's a good thing if you're knowledgeable or are willing to learn, but it's annoying if it's the only thing you can talk about.

I've had female friends who talk about the Chiefs or whatever nonstop... which is nice for a tailgate or during a game, of course, but not so much when you end up going over the same games and thoughts over and over because you have no other interests. But, like I said, it's the same when talking to guys... I don't need to know every single thought about the Chiefs in the middle of April.

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-16-2011, 08:34 PM
Love women who love sports and I even like it when they know more than I do... and I know a couple who do. Have no problem with women announcing sports. If a woman is good at it then being a women shouldnt matter at all imo. I know it's not "announcing" as in play by play, but the SF Giants have (or at least had) a female PA announcer at their ball park and I thought she sounded great. I'd like to hear more of that.

As far as in a relationship, if she can and wants to talk about sports then that's awesome.... as long as we can talk about other stuff too... my life doesn't revolve around a ball heh.

Don't mind watching women's sports either. The women's final 4 was better than the mens imo.

CoMoChief
04-16-2011, 08:37 PM

They're just boring to watch, mainly because the level of play is just horrendous.

The majority of the time women generally don't know what they're talking about when it comes to sports....when they do it makes for good conversation. But what I really can't stand is when they "act" like they do and really don't care at all. Give them points for trying, but why bother, because let's be honest, it sounds foolish.

What sports should be off limits? If you're talking about playing.....then I could name just about every high paced, contact or physical demanding sport that requires a ball/puck and hand-eye coordination. It's just boring to watch women try to compete at a lower level than men. They can have volleyball I guess, love the short spandez shorts and bikini bottoms. Since the beginning of ancient times sports are for competitive men, not for women. But as far as them watching, I could care less what sport they watch/comment on. That's their choice.

As far as them announcing I don't care....it's a plus though if they're hot. Eye candy is never bad.

CoMoChief
04-16-2011, 08:39 PM
Women are good for two things: Cooking and ****ing.

sometimes they're horrible at both.

luv
04-16-2011, 08:42 PM
Love women who love sports and I even like it when they know more than I do... and I know a couple who do. Have no problem with women announcing sports. If a woman is good at it then being a women shouldnt matter at all imo. I know it's not "announcing" as in play by play, but the SF Giants have (or at least had) a female PA announcer at their ball park and I thought she sounded great. I'd like to hear more of that.

As far as in a relationship, if she can and wants to talk about sports then that's awesome.... as long as we can talk about other stuff too... my life doesn't revolve around a ball heh.

Most men's lives revolve around their balls.

threebag02
04-16-2011, 08:43 PM
Women are good for two things: Cooking and cleaning.

Fyp

luv
04-16-2011, 08:45 PM
Fyp

Know how I know you're gay?

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-16-2011, 08:47 PM
Most men's lives revolve around their balls.

I won't argue that...... but in the case of sports said balls aren't in the possesion of the man so.....

KurtCobain
04-16-2011, 08:48 PM
:evil:Know how I know you're gay?

Brock
04-16-2011, 08:49 PM
They sound stupid when they try to talk about sports. Big turnoff.

go bowe
04-16-2011, 08:54 PM

What sports should be off limits for women?i love women and water sports, er... any kind of sports...

i don't watch a lot of sports other than chiefs football, so i don't see a lot of women in sports, but i don't see any reason for women not to compete in any sport they like... (don't they already do that?)

don't know about the turning thing, been married for 30+ years and the lady doesn't get into sports at all, but screams her head off when jc breaks a long one...

as far as announcing, why not? unless it's just some pretty face but airhead wannabe announcer...

CoMoChief
04-16-2011, 08:54 PM
They sound stupid when they try to talk about sports. Big turnoff.

mostly this

CoMoChief
04-16-2011, 08:57 PM
I was dating this one girl, said she LOVED Chiefs football. She always talked about it. I get tickets to a game (her 1st game btw) , and we go tailgate, drink, have fun, then the game starts...it's louder than shit in the stadium while we're on defense, she said it was too loud and didn't like it and wanted to leave.

Let's just say that was the end of that. She's damn lucky I didn't tell her to wait by the car til the game was over.

Frazod
04-16-2011, 09:04 PM
My wife loves baseball. The best part about that is when I'm watching football she understands where I'm coming from and knows to leave me the hell alone.

As for announcing games, I never really thought about it before. I guess I'd prefer to listen to an informed, skilled female announcer than some fucking dildo like Kornheiser.

As for sports, they can play whatever the hell they want to. If they're hot and have big boobs, I'll watch. :thumb:

Saulbadguy
04-16-2011, 09:24 PM
College volleyball ftw.

go bowe
04-16-2011, 09:27 PM
I don't think of it any differently than talking to a guy about sports... it's a good thing if you're knowledgeable or are willing to learn, but it's annoying if it's the only thing you can talk about.

I've had female friends who talk about the Chiefs or whatever nonstop... which is nice for a tailgate or during a game, of course, but not so much when you end up going over the same games and thoughts over and over because you have no other interests. But, like I said, it's the same when talking to guys... I don't need to know every single thought about the Chiefs in the middle of April.
TRAITOR!!! :Poke:

milkman
04-16-2011, 09:27 PM
The majority of the time women generally don't know what they're talking about when it comes to sports.

So.....You're a woman, huh?

Didn't know that.

go bowe
04-16-2011, 09:29 PM
Most men's lives revolve around their balls.this girl knows what she's talking about!!! :p :p :p

Predarat
04-16-2011, 09:34 PM
I was dating this one girl, said she LOVED Chiefs football. She always talked about it. I get tickets to a game (her 1st game btw) , and we go tailgate, drink, have fun, then the game starts...it's louder than shit in the stadium while we're on defense, she said it was too loud and didn't like it and wanted to leave.

Let's just say that was the end of that. She's damn lucky I didn't tell her to wait by the car til the game was over.

You should have told her to fuck off and call a damn taxi.

whoman69
04-16-2011, 09:47 PM
I have no problem with women being fans or taking part in broadcasting. There's nothing to say they can't have an equal level of appreciation for sports. What gets me is all the screams for equality in competitive sports. Its messed up college athletics for male sports other than football and basketball. I think the 70s should have made it really clear that sports were nowhere near equal. A 52 year old man beat the number one women's tennis player in the world. Later Chris Evert admitted she was no where as good as her husband John Lloyd who was ranked at his peak #21. Let's not pretend the WNBA is anywhere near as good as the real thing.

Deberg_1990
04-16-2011, 09:55 PM
I love Womens Tennis and Womens Beach Volleyball!

Other than that, not so much......

acesn8s
04-16-2011, 09:58 PM
I don't mind them announcing as long as they are knowledgeable about the sport and have a feminine voice. If the voice is as deep as mine its a huge turnoff(i.e. turn off the TV) or if she sounds like a babbling idiot it like listening to Dan Dierdorf.

Predarat
04-16-2011, 09:59 PM
Any sport that makes girls dress slutty, shake their boobs and asses is a good thing.

KurtCobain
04-16-2011, 10:00 PM
A very good thing.

Bowser
04-16-2011, 10:05 PM
I love Womens Tennis and Womens Beach Volleyball!

Just because...

http://cityrag.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/08/08/womens_beach_volleyball_5.jpg

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_cY8h3U0HMPQ/Sk6XxTgCMPI/AAAAAAAAIeQ/wPttbQ1SvlQ/NO032128.JPG

http://media.celebrity-pictures.ca/Celebrities/Tamira-Paszek/Tamira-Paszek-1031032-small.jpg

http://www.110wallpapers.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/maria-sharapova-tennis-player-laptop-wallpaper.jpg

Bowser
04-16-2011, 10:10 PM
And to the question - I have no problem with female announcers, as long as they are knowledgable. Give me a chick that knows the sport over some golden throated stuttering prick any day.

Rain Man
04-16-2011, 10:13 PM

Please tell me you didn't leave. Please. I want to keep my positive image of you intact.

luv
04-16-2011, 10:20 PM

Well, I know for a fact it's been at least four years ago since you went on that date.

KurtCobain
04-16-2011, 10:22 PM
I think lumpy has a problem with women's sports.

Rain Man
04-16-2011, 10:23 PM
Are we talking participating, watching, or being a fan?

As far as participating in sports, I think it's great that women do it. My half-marathons are on average more than 50% female (road is something like 60%, trail is probably 1/3rd), and it's nice at the starting line to see a bunch of women who are in good shape. I'm not saying that in a leering way - well, I am, but in a less leering way than normal. It feels good to be in good shape and be at the starting line and see everybody else in good shape. And in a leering way, some of the women look really good in those short and those running tights. Bottom line: women playing in sports is cool.

Watching women's sports is not cool. No offense, but women are the junior varsity of genders when it comes to sports. If we're talking real sports and not oil wrestling, I'm going to watch the A team play over the B team any day of the week. Plus, as a guy I naturally identify a little more with my own gender, and if a women is better at sports than me that's not a good ego thing for me, either. So I avoid women's sports.

Being a woman who's a fan of sports? That's gender neutral. It's no different than a guy being a fan of sports. There is an odd conundrum about female sports fans, though. For the same gender identity reasons that I prefer men's sports, it seems like women should prefer women's sports. But if I was a woman, I'd probably prefer to watch the A team over the junior varsity, so it seems like being a sports fan is a little more difficult for a woman than a man. Maybe it's offset by the fact that they get to see the opposite gender looking good. I don't know.

Predarat
04-16-2011, 10:24 PM
Please tell me you didn't leave. Please. I want to keep my positive image of you intact.

Hopefully the next guy that chick got attached to turned gay and she walk in on the action. Karma to that bitch.

Rain Man
04-16-2011, 10:35 PM
Oh, and as far as announcing, I'm gender-neutral, more or less. Considering the three main attributes - knowledge, pleasant voice (I prefer female voices over male in general), and easy to look at, here's my priority list:

1. Knowledgeable, attractive female
2. Knowledgeable male of any appearance tied with knowledgeable, unattractive female
3. Ignorant attractive female
4. Ignorant male of any appearance tied with ignorant unattractive female
5. Randy Cross and Matt Millen

KurtCobain
04-16-2011, 10:49 PM
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_cY8h3U0HMPQ/Sk6XxTgCMPI/AAAAAAAAIeQ/wPttbQ1SvlQ/NO032128.JPG

is that a little pointer sticking out there?

luv
04-16-2011, 10:53 PM

I think it's just a combination of how her suit is adjusted and shadows.

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-16-2011, 10:59 PM
Watching women's sports is not cool. No offense, but women are the junior varsity of genders when it comes to sports. If we're talking real sports and not oil wrestling, I'm going to watch the A team play over the B team any day of the week. Plus, as a guy I naturally identify a little more with my own gender, and if a women is better at sports than me that's not a good ego thing for me, either. So I avoid women's sports.

That's too bad for you. You've missed some good, truly competetive sporting events I'm betting by being a typical male. Women may not play the high flying style men often play but they are often as good or better at playing solid, competitive games. Not exciting enough for the American attention span... I know.

If the men's NCAA title game this year is considered by anyone to be superior to the women's then I don't want to be considered cool. The whole final 4 for that matter. The women's was better by a mile.

Bowser
04-16-2011, 11:00 PM

Supercharged love button

Baconeater
04-16-2011, 11:02 PM
That's too bad for you. You've missed some good, truly competetive sporting events I'm betting by being a typical male. Women may not play the high flying style men often play but they are often as good or better at playing solid, competitive games. Not exciting enough for the American attention span... I know.

If the men's NCAA title game this year is considered by anyone to be superior to the women's then I don't want to be considered cool. The whole final 4 for that matter. The women's was better by a mile.
You must be a woman.

luv
04-16-2011, 11:03 PM

That is not the norm, though.

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-16-2011, 11:04 PM
You must be a woman.

lol..... no.... just try not to be closed-minded about things. Especially things I admit I don't pay much attention to.

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-16-2011, 11:06 PM
That is not the norm, though.

I'd consider that opinion more than fact. Popular opinion certainly but popularity doesn't mean much to me. UConn women have been pretty spectacular for quite a while in college basketball. This year it was even more interesting that they WEREN'T in the title game.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-16-2011, 11:08 PM

1) I like it when women are into sports. I also like it when they are athletic.
2) I have no qualms with women announcing sports.
3) I don't see why any sport should be off limits to women if they can perform at the same level as the best in the field. That said, the odds of a woman playing professionally in the NFL, MLB, or NBA is effectively nil.

I say 3) because I had some friends who went to Mizzou and used to scrimmage against the Women's team. At the time they were a decent DI school, and made the tournament occasionally. One time, before playing Baylor, the coaches told these guys, who were mediocre 3A basketball players, to go all out, and they won by like 70 or 80 points.

CoMoChief
04-16-2011, 11:14 PM
1) I like it when women are into sports. I also like it when they are athletic.
2) I have no qualms with women announcing sports.
3) I don't see why any sport should be off limits to women if they can perform at the same level as the best in the field. That said, the odds of a woman playing professionally in the NFL, MLB, or NBA is effectively nil.

I say 3) because I had some friends who went to Mizzou and used to scrimmage against the Women's team. At the time they were a decent DI school, and made the tournament occasionally. One time, before playing Baylor, the coaches told these guys, who were mediocre 3A basketball players, to go all out, and they won by like 70 or 80 points.

I had a similar situation. My roomates g/f was roomates with a couple MU womens bball players....and many times they would scrimmage against guys off the street or from the rec center....we got into a game with them and it wasn't even close. To be honest it wasn't even fun playing against them. It got to the point where we were fucking around and were just beat the living piss out of them. Most of the points they scored were due to FT's.

I don't see how someone gets a joy out of "paying" for a womens bball ticket and going to a game. I guess that's why they (a lot of times) give away tickets (sometimes front row LOL) to the games.

If someone gave me tix to a women's nat'l title game.....well let's just say you'd really have to convince me to waste my time to go.

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-16-2011, 11:16 PM
FTR (not that anyone really cares) I'm not saying I prefer women's sports to men's in general... but in certain cases I have. What I am saying is that the ladies are often better and more entertaining than they get credit for.

CoMoChief
04-16-2011, 11:17 PM
Well, I know for a fact it's been at least four years ago since you went on that date.

heh, true true....it was the Thanksgiving night game.

I didn't go to the MNF game this season which I heard that's the loudest it's been in a LONG time. But I remember that Thanksgiving night game being awfully loud.

CoMoChief
04-16-2011, 11:18 PM
FTR (not that anyone really cares) I'm not saying I prefer women's sports to men's in general... but in certain cases I have. What I am saying is that the ladies are often better and more entertaining than they get credit for.

Uhhh, how? And when have you preferred a woman's sport over men's?

Was it figure skating?

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-16-2011, 11:19 PM
Uhhh, how? And when have you preferred a woman's sport over men's?

Was it figure skating?

I used this years NCCA final 4 and especially the title game as an example.

Rain Man
04-16-2011, 11:31 PM

I should clarify by adding that for the same reason I don't watch women's sports, I also don't watch college sports or high school sports or Mighty Mite football. If I'm going to watch sports, I'm going to watch the most elite athletes possible. And that's generally adult men who are getting paid a lot of money because they're the most elite athletes.

Valiant
04-16-2011, 11:34 PM

I don't mind it for the women who actually follow the sport..

The problem is the women who follow mens sports to be around the men.. Always asking the most basic questions, questions that a person who has been following sports for a decade should know.. If you are attractive then all men would find it a turn on. If you are fat or fugly then it would turn off and you would be considered a dyke or one of the guys.

Love womens AVP..

Wnba is a joke, it is not self sufficient and needs diaf.. While tennis is also decent they pissed me off when they complained that they were not getting equal trophy money for less work, they should of have to play 3outof5 for the extra money.

As for women announcing and reffing I do not mind, I just don't think women should be allowed in the locker rooms and vice versa with men in womens locker rooms. Of course the only place a man would to go into would be the LFL teams. Some of the wnba players probably have bigger clits then most mens dicks..

luv
04-16-2011, 11:37 PM
heh, true true....it was the Thanksgiving night game.

I didn't go to the MNF game this season which I heard that's the loudest it's been in a LONG time. But I remember that Thanksgiving night game being awfully loud.

I'd say this year's MNF was the loudest since that very Thanksgiving game versus Denver that you're referring to.

luv
04-16-2011, 11:38 PM
I'd consider that opinion more than fact. Popular opinion certainly but popularity doesn't mean much to me. UConn women have been pretty spectacular for quite a while in college basketball. This year it was even more interesting that they WEREN'T in the title game.

Three years.

Valiant
04-16-2011, 11:39 PM
I had a similar situation. My roomates g/f was roomates with a couple MU womens bball players....and many times they would scrimmage against guys off the street or from the rec center....we got into a game with them and it wasn't even close. To be honest it wasn't even fun playing against them. It got to the point where we were ****ing around and were just beat the living piss out of them. Most of the points they scored were due to FT's.

I don't see how someone gets a joy out of "paying" for a womens bball ticket and going to a game. I guess that's why they (a lot of times) give away tickets (sometimes front row LOL) to the games.

If someone gave me tix to a women's nat'l title game.....well let's just say you'd really have to convince me to waste my time to go.

I played basketball against Betty Lennox of the wnba, she was finals mvp. I am below average basketball player, any decent hs player or any college player torches me in basketball. I made Betty, finals mvp look like an amateur..

I have said this before, most good hs teams would school womens pro teams..

keg in kc
04-16-2011, 11:40 PM
I like women who are into sports, but I haven't heard a single female broadcaster that I like, at least not yet.

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-16-2011, 11:40 PM
I should clarify by adding that for the same reason I don't watch women's sports, I also don't watch college sports or high school sports or Mighty Mite football. If I'm going to watch sports, I'm going to watch the most elite athletes possible. And that's generally adult men who are getting paid a lot of money because they're the most elite athletes.

So you admit you were calling womens sports junior varsity even though you don't watch womens sports... so... stereotypes are your style.... ? Also if a person DOES watch women's sports they are uncool... I mean... you said that didn't you? So I can deduce that really you're just talking out of your ass...?

;)

I actually get your point I'm just messin with ya.

|Zach|
04-16-2011, 11:42 PM
Nothing is off limits to women...or should be IMO.

I don't know if it is a turn on but it is a fun thing to share with a girl when she is into sports. I don't think I have been with a girl that was really into sports but most of them simply enjoyed and understood how much it meant to me and respected that.

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-16-2011, 11:43 PM
Three years.

lol ok. They've been good for quite a while.... truly elite for less time than that.

You're a woman aren't you? Why do you hate your gender's sports so much that you're argueing against it?

CoMoChief
04-16-2011, 11:44 PM
I used this years NCCA final 4 and especially the title game as an example.

Oh I know!!!! Don't you just LOVE layups?

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-16-2011, 11:47 PM

LOL... you hear that? That was the point flying well over your head.

Note to self so I can be cool too.... you must slam dunk in basketball for it to be worthy of viewing.

:thumb:

KcMizzou
04-16-2011, 11:50 PM
I'm an equal opportunity kinda guy. I work with 60 (or so) guys. About 50 or so sound like idiots when it comes to sports. I get so annoyed, I'll just avoid the conversation.

I'll admit, if I hear a female talking sports... and she makes sense... I take notice.

Even the dumbasses on CP make "Joe Coworker" look good 90% of the time.

CoMoChief
04-16-2011, 11:51 PM
I also wanna add something to my previous post about playing a buncha women's MU players. Even though we were beating the shit out of them, I will say that we were all pretty gassed afterwards. Just because they lacked talent doesn't mean they were in horrible shape. In fact they were in much MUCH better shape than anyone of us could imagine. They just really sucked at playing bball.

luv
04-16-2011, 11:56 PM
lol ok. They've been good for quite a while.... truly elite for less time than that.

You're a woman aren't you? Why do you hate your gender's sports so much that you're argueing against it?

Yes, I'm a woman. I'm not going to argue for women's sports just because I'm a woman. Women's sports are competitive, yes. However, when it comes to skill set and the pace of games, men's sports generally dominate. I actually think that women's volleyball and tennis are about the only two sports where I would prefer to watch women. In basketball, women do tend to be better three point shooters, but the overall pace and athleticism is generally better with men.

I'm also a traditionalist, which I do think plays into views in a way. Men go and do the work while women are the encouragers.

KcMizzou
04-16-2011, 11:58 PM
Yes, I'm a woman. I'm not going to argue for women's sports just because I'm a woman. Women's sports are competitive, yes. However, when it comes to skill set and the pace of games, men's sports generally dominate. I actually think that women's volleyball and tennis are about the only two sports where I would prefer to watch women. In basketball, women do tend to be better three point shooters, but the overall pace and athleticism is generally better with men.

I'm also a traditionalist, which I do think plays into views in a way. Men go and do the work while women are the encouragers.Agree 100%

:D

shirtsleeve
04-16-2011, 11:58 PM
I happen to be a proud parent of a female athlete. The girl competed her ass off in HS. Played 3 sports. Played ice hockey, field hockey and track. She done good.

luv
04-17-2011, 12:00 AM
As a female fan of sports, I have encountered more men that are put back by my love of sports. Those who don't mind tend to view me as one of the guys. I'm sure there are numerous other reasons why I tend to automatically get placed into the friend zone, but my love of sports has ended up being a big part of that, IMO. Or I'll get guys who say I love sports just because I'm trying to get guys' attention. While I admit I had ulterior motives for learning more about sports, the more I've learned the more I love them.

luv
04-17-2011, 12:00 AM
Agree 100%

:D

Perv

:p

KcMizzou
04-17-2011, 12:01 AM
Perv

:pI can't help it. Blame nature.

KurtCobain
04-17-2011, 12:03 AM
I've never been a woman.

shirtsleeve
04-17-2011, 12:09 AM

To answer the Original Questions..

Women should watch, enjoy and play sports without regard to what men think.

Its a turn on when women like sports as much as me. Ms sleeve is as big a Pats fan as I am. How the hell else did you think I was able to build my mancave to be so sweet, without "female" corruption? Its not female corrruption, its ignorance corruption.

Yes women can announce men's sports. Its all in the knowledge and skill presenting the subject. I dont care if the voice is feminine if they can break down a play and bring it to me with intelligence. That would be refreshing. Not too many guys do that nowadays.

-King-
04-17-2011, 12:09 AM
Women who know about sports are cool. Atleast then you don't have to hear 2048 questions about the simplest things. It's neither a turn on or a turn off. It just is what it is.

The women announcers I've heard are HORRIBLE! If theres a NBA double header on tv, the B game sometimes has a female announcer. I usually either don't watch the game, or I mute the tv. Thats how terrible they are.

As far as playing, yeah, they can play whatever they want. I wont watch, but they can play whatever they feel like. Womens basketball is the biggest abomination in professional sports though. It's just sad to watch them and know that a high school boys team can bet them on any night. The lingerie league football thing is lame also. Anorexic girls who can't play football are boring to me. I don't see the appeal.

But anyway, no sport should be off limits to women...unless they want to compete against males. Males are better at every sport in the world and would just be unfair.

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-17-2011, 12:11 AM

I'm also a traditionalist, which I do think plays into views in a way. Men go and do the work while women are the encouragers.

I'm just curious as to what the motivation was for the thread. I'm not saying that in a mean spirited way at all... I'm honestly curious. If you're a woman who doesn't prefer women's sports in general then you weren't hoping for validation for women's sports... and you had to know it would become the inevitable "women's sports sucks" fest that can be expected from a place dominated by men... so what I'm left with I guess is the personal relationship angle that you ellude to in the OP, as in "I'm a woman who loves and can talk sports, do you men find that to be a turn on or turn off." Is that the basic answer you're looking for or am I completely off base here?

I also find it slightly amussing that I'm the main male voice here supporting women's sports, in a thread started by a woman, and that woman doesn't seem to be on board with much of anything I've said. Heh. The internet's a wacky place.

shirtsleeve
04-17-2011, 12:12 AM
I've never been a woman.

Bud did you stay in a holiday inn last night?:hump::thailor:

:spock:

Jewish Rabbi
04-17-2011, 12:12 AM
I like it when women bring me food while I'm watching sports.

shirtsleeve
04-17-2011, 12:13 AM
Women who know about sports are cool. Atleast then you don't have to hear 2048 questions about the simplest things. It's neither a turn on or a turn off. It just is what it is.

The women announcers I've heard are HORRIBLE! If theres a NBA double header on tv, the B game sometimes has a female announcer. I usually either don't watch the game, or I mute the tv. Thats how terrible they are.

As far as playing, yeah, they can play whatever they want. I wont watch, but they can play whatever they feel like. Womens basketball is the biggest abomination in professional sports though. It's just sad to watch them and know that a high school boys team can bet them on any night. The lingerie league football thing is lame also. Anorexic girls who can't play football are boring to me. I don't see the appeal.

But anyway, no sport should be off limits to women...unless they want to compete against males. Males are better at every sport in the world and would just be unfair.

Tell that to UConn...

luv
04-17-2011, 12:21 AM
I'm just curious as to what the motivation was for the thread. I'm not saying that in a mean spirited way at all... I'm honestly curious. If you're a woman who doesn't prefer women's sports in general then you weren't hoping for validation for women's sports... and you had to know it would become the inevitable "women's sports sucks" fest that can be expected from a place dominated by men... so what I'm left with I guess is the personal relationship angle that you ellude to in the OP, as in "I'm a woman who loves and can talk sports, do you men find that to be a turn on or turn off." Is that the basic answer you're looking for or am I completely off base here?

I also find it slightly amussing that I'm the main male voice here supporting women's sports, in a thread started by a woman, and that woman doesn't seem to be on board with much of anything I've said. Heh. The internet's a wacky place.
My motivation behind his thread was to see what people think. I don't agree with you on some points, so that means I'm here to pick up guys? I didn't say I didn't enjoy watching women's sports. I simply prefer watching men's sports most of the time. You find it ironic that, being a woman, I don't agree with you concerning women's sports. I find it more ironic that a guy prefers women's sports over men's.

luv
04-17-2011, 12:23 AM
I do think that women's sports are fun to watch in that women are very competitive by nature. There's also a sense that they have something to prove.

Baconeater
04-17-2011, 12:25 AM
And airballs...and passes that go out of bounds...and balls being dribbled off their feet. It's comedy gold.

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-17-2011, 12:30 AM
My motivation behind his thread was to see what people think. I don't agree with you on some points, so that means I'm here to pick up guys? I didn't say I didn't enjoy watching women's sports. I simply prefer watching men's sports most of the time. You find it ironic that, being a woman, I don't agree with you concerning women's sports. I find it more ironic that a guy prefers women's sports over men's.

I didn't say or even ask if you were trying to pick up guys. I asked if you were looking for an answer to the question about whether or not guys are turned on or off by a woman knowing and being able to talk sports as your main motivation for the thread.

and if you look back a page or two you'll find a post of mine that says I don't prefer women's sports to men's although there have been instances. I AM saying women's sports is often better than it gets credit for. Almost verbatim to that..... I promise you the post is back there a little ways.

Edit... and btw you not agreeing with me and the question I ACTUALLY asked had absolutely nothing to do with each other. I was simply pointing out something I found a little funny with my last comment.

shirtsleeve
04-17-2011, 12:30 AM
I do think that women's sports are fun to watch in that women are very competitive by nature. There's also a sense that they have something to prove.

This.

Its not that they can compete all the time with men or that they can be better. Their bodies say otherwise. But once you have the priveledge of being a dad and coach of a female athlete and her team, on a more competitive level (like HS or above) you can really appreciate the dedication that you had as a kid yourself and you gain a new respect. Mine broke several bones in her hands playing field hockey and taped them for game day and played with them (she wouldn't get a cast, because that meant she couldn't play, she got soft casts and splints). She was a tiny thing too. But so competitive.

Granted, I do enjoy watching my son play college ball now maybe a bit more (only cuz its football) but I wouldn't replace those times with her for nothin.

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-17-2011, 12:31 AM
And airballs...and passes that go out of bounds...and balls being dribbled off their feet. It's comedy gold.

None of those things happen in mens games... unless you count every game.

luv
04-17-2011, 12:33 AM
and if you look back a page or two you'll find a post of mine that says I don't prefer women's sports to men's although there have been instances. I AM saying women's sports is often better than it gets credit for. Almost verbatim to that..... I promise you the post is back there a little ways.

Completely agree. I simply pointed out that your example of the NCAA Final Four wasn't a great example, IMO, due to the fact that this year's men's game was a total dud of a game. Yes, the women's final game was MUCH more exciting this year. I just don't think that's the norm when it comes to college basketball is all.

KurtCobain
04-17-2011, 12:34 AM
I think it's crap that Candice Parker went and got pregnant.

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-17-2011, 12:36 AM
I think it's crap that Candice Parker went and got pregnant.

That's just shitty. She's too cute for anyone else but me.

(being a stereotypical male now)

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-17-2011, 12:38 AM
Completely agree. I simply pointed out that your example of the NCAA Final Four wasn't a great example, IMO, due to the fact that this year's men's game was a total dud of a game. Yes, the women's final game was MUCH more exciting this year. I just don't think that's the norm when it comes to college basketball is all.

Probably true. I often watch both but I haven't every year. I know there have been other years when I thought the women's game was better... but that's just MY opinion... I am the women's sports lover after all.

:p

KcMizzou
04-17-2011, 12:40 AM
I had to Google "Candice Parker" (It's Candace) Is that bad?

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-17-2011, 12:42 AM

Heh no. She was quite a stud (studette) at Tennessee and I can't even tell you who she plays for in the WNBA now. Always thought she was cute as hell though... and has some hot modeling shots. Too tall for me though lol.

pr_capone
04-17-2011, 12:43 AM

Billie Jean King vs Bobby Riggs

She flat whooped his ass.

luv
04-17-2011, 12:43 AM

First woman to dunk. Is she commentating for ESPN on woman's basketball now?

luv
04-17-2011, 12:46 AM
Heh no. She was quite a stud (studette) at Tennessee and I can't even tell you who she plays for in the WNBA now. Always thought she was cute as hell though... and has some hot modeling shots. Too tall for me though lol.

Looks like she plays for the Sparks out in Cali. Uniform looks like a female version of the Lakers. Probably not doing as much playing if she's pregnant. That's why I thought maybe she was commentating. Hazards of managing a female team I suppose.

pr_capone
04-17-2011, 12:47 AM
That said... Roller Derby is a sport dominated by women (there are men's and co-ed leagues) and I would a billion times over rather watch the women play than men.

It mostly has nothing to do with the skimpy and revealing outfits they wear. Mostly.

Bowser
04-17-2011, 12:47 AM

Point.

I'd play golf with either Paula Creamer or Natalie Gulbis. Hopefully they would both spank my ass.

Bowser
04-17-2011, 12:48 AM
That said... Roller Derby is a sport dominated by women (there are men's and co-ed leagues) and I would a billion times over rather watch the women play than men.

It mostly has nothing to do with the skimpy and revealing outfits they wear. Mostly.

Another one is volleyball. Those girls can just flat out crush a hit. Sounds like an RPG going off when they smash the sweet spot on the volleyball.

KurtCobain
04-17-2011, 12:48 AM
It's been a while since I saw she was pregnant. Not sure if she still is... But she got drafted, got paid, then got pregnant. Fucked up.

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-17-2011, 12:52 AM
Looks like she plays for the Sparks out in Cali. Uniform looks like a female version of the Lakers. Probably not doing as much playing if she's pregnant. That's why I thought maybe she was commentating. Hazards of managing a female team I suppose.

Could be doing the commentating thing... haven't noticed. That would suck for the team if the best player gets pregnant. Ugh. Damn womens sports.... lol.

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-17-2011, 12:53 AM
Point.

I'd play golf with either Paula Creamer or Natalie Gulbis. Hopefully they would both spank my ass.

Oh yeah.... PC is a hottie.

Bowser
04-17-2011, 12:54 AM

Throw Morgan Pressel in for a foursome.

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-17-2011, 12:56 AM
Throw Morgan Pressel in for a foursome.

winner

KurtCobain
04-17-2011, 12:57 AM
Looked it up, she came back to play promptly after maternity leave... but still...

She was drafted number one overall out of tenn. Then she was paid, played a good rookie season then got pregnant.

How would it of been if Peyton Manning took a season off after getting drafted number one overall out of tenn?

luv

Is that the cute little blond who always where's pink? Well, she was wearing pink the only time I think I've watched women's golf (not a golf fan myself outside of watching the Masters every year).

KcMizzou
Apparently my knowledge of hot female athletes is severely lacking.

FAIL

Bowser
04-17-2011, 12:58 AM
Is that the cute little blond who always where's pink? Well, she was wearing pink the only time I think I've watched women's golf (not a golf fan myself outside of watching the Masters every year).

Yep, that's her.

Bowser
04-17-2011, 12:59 AM

FAIL

Your punishment is to research these ladies for the next week, and report back next Saturday with your findings. And I recommend lots of carbs this week. Lots.

Dr. Facebook Fever

Yeah thats her. adorable.

KcMizzou
Is that the cute little blond who always where's pink? Ahem

luv
Looked it up, she came back to play promptly after maternity leave... but still...

She was drafted number one overall out of tenn. Then she was paid, played a good rookie season then got pregnant.

How would it of been if Peyton Manning took a season off after getting drafted number one overall out of tenn?

Men should try having babies.

Granted I've never had a baby. I just can't imagine pushing a watermelon out of a whole the size of a lemon max. I've heard some women tear. And C-sections? Yeah, I'm pretty sure Peyton would have needed a much longer maternity leave.

Bowser
Ahem

LOL. I was going to let that slide. I thought that was what I was so post to do.

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-17-2011, 01:00 AM

FAIL

Get to work on that will ya....

luv
Ahem

:doh!:

Where in the hell did I even come up with that? LMAO

Dr. Facebook Fever
Am I the only guy who finds Annika Sorenstam cute? Not hot persay but real cute....

-King-
04-17-2011, 01:01 AM
Tell that to UConn...

Still an abomination. The fact that a team can win 80+ in a row should tell you how weak that sport is.

luv
04-17-2011, 01:01 AM
LOL. I was going to let that slide. I thought that was what I was so post to do.

I'd fix it, but you all have so kindly quoted it. What can I say, making grammatical errors builds character. :)

-King-
04-17-2011, 01:02 AM

:doh!: Should have said "most". My bad.

Bowser
Am I the only guy who finds Annika Sorenstam cute? Not hot persay but real cute....

She looks like David Bowie's daughter.

pr_capone
Men should try having babies.

Granted I've never had a baby. I just can't imagine pushing a watermelon out of a whole the size of a lemon max. I've heard some women tear. And C-sections? Yeah, I'm pretty sure Peyton would have needed a much longer maternity leave.

Women's bodies were designed to push the baby out of that whole. Modern medicine, like an epidural make it next to nothing to give birth.

As for the tearing... all is well as long as the doc puts in an extra stitch for daddy. :D

luv
04-17-2011, 01:03 AM
And now that we're moving into the realm of female athlete hotties (as I'm sure pictures will follow shortly), I'm going to excuse myself and head to bed.

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-17-2011, 01:03 AM
She looks like David Bowie's daughter.

Is that good? I gotta google Bowie's daughter lol.

Bowser
04-17-2011, 01:05 AM
Is that good? I gotta google Bowie's daughter lol.

I should have said "could be"

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-17-2011, 01:06 AM
I should have said "could be"

Oh. Then I take it I'm the only one that finds her cute heh. Oh well not the first time, won't be the last.

CoMoChief
04-17-2011, 02:06 AM
Oh. Then I take it I'm the only one that finds her cute heh. Oh well not the first time, won't be the last.

god help you

Chocolate Hog
04-17-2011, 02:11 AM
Doris Burke is awful so is the other women who calls college football games on ESPN.

Title 9 should be done with and the WNBA should fold.

Does that answer your question?

KcMizzou
04-17-2011, 02:11 AM
Oh. Then I take it I'm the only one that finds her cute heh. Oh well not the first time, won't be the last.I kinda like Lizzy from Halestorm... just sayin'.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/naIT6XfsjAw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

acesn8s
04-17-2011, 02:13 AM
I should clarify by adding that for the same reason I don't watch women's sports, I also don't watch college sports or high school sports or Mighty Mite football. If I'm going to watch sports, I'm going to watch the most elite athletes possible. And that's generally adult men who are getting paid a lot of money because they're the most elite athletes.http://lobshots.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/stripes1981-1570.jpg?w=640&h=418
His money is on the lean mean fighting machine.

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-17-2011, 02:31 AM
I kinda like Lizzy from Halestorm... just sayin'.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/naIT6XfsjAw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well whats not to like about her? I dig rock chicks.

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-17-2011, 02:33 AM
god help you

lol yeah I know, we're all supposed to like the same thing so the world can be full of boring sameness.

JD10367
04-17-2011, 09:07 AM
Lot of sexist pigs around here. Why would a woman sound "stupid" talking about sports? Is it because they've probably never played the sport? How many men do you think have actually played the sports they follow? How many announcers? You all like baseball and football and college basketball? Did you all play it professionally, or even recreationally?

I find certain announcers to be annoying as shit. Joe Buck, for one. I'd rather listen to a knowledgeable chick any day over that turd. Tim McCarver's another one I wanna kick in the balls.

And, sure, I'm a guy, so if the chicks are insanely hot, that's a great bonus. There's a reason all the networks are picking up hot chicks as reporters (from the ESPN cable channels to my local Red Sox and Bruins networks). Guys like to look at hot chicks. But the fact that they have a coochie doesn't mean they can't possibly know anything about sports. That's about as sexist and stereotypical as you can get. It's like saying women can't be doctors, or a certain ethnic race is "too dumb" to do certain jobs.

I really don't care whether my announcer dangles or bleeds, as long as a.) they know what they're talking about, and b.) they're not annoying self-centered blowhards who make you want to punch them in the face, change the channel, or turn down the TV sound and follow the announcing on the radio.

Actually, scratch that last comment. I prefer hot women announcers. I also prefer hot women cab drivers, hot women waitresses, hot women cashiers, hot women doctors... Because I hate men, and I'd rather be surrounded by hot women everywhere I look and go. :shrug:

Rausch
04-17-2011, 09:11 AM

If you know what you're talking about great.

Hell, even if you DON'T know what you're talking about but you have bigger breasts than Madden (high standard, I know) I'll take it...

kstater
04-17-2011, 09:29 AM
Lot of sexist pigs around here. Why would a woman sound "stupid" talking about sports? Is it because they've probably never played the sport? How many men do you think have actually played the sports they follow? How many announcers? You all like baseball and football and college basketball? Did you all play it professionally, or even recreationally?

I find certain announcers to be annoying as shit. Joe Buck, for one. I'd rather listen to a knowledgeable chick any day over that turd. Tim McCarver's another one I wanna kick in the balls.

And, sure, I'm a guy, so if the chicks are insanely hot, that's a great bonus. There's a reason all the networks are picking up hot chicks as reporters (from the ESPN cable channels to my local Red Sox and Bruins networks). Guys like to look at hot chicks. But the fact that they have a coochie doesn't mean they can't possibly know anything about sports. That's about as sexist and stereotypical as you can get. It's like saying women can't be doctors, or a certain ethnic race is "too dumb" to do certain jobs.

I really don't care whether my announcer dangles or bleeds, as long as a.) they know what they're talking about, and b.) they're not annoying self-centered blowhards who make you want to punch them in the face, change the channel, or turn down the TV sound and follow the announcing on the radio.

Actually, scratch that last comment. I prefer hot women announcers. I also prefer hot women cab drivers, hot women waitresses, hot women cashiers, hot women doctors... Because I hate men, and I'd rather be surrounded by hot women everywhere I look and go. :shrug:

That's a lot of words just to spit out "I'm a huge giant pussy".