PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs draft a Qb in 1st round?

Pawnmower
04-17-2011, 02:00 AM
http://arrowheadaddict.com/2011/04/16/could-the-kansas-city-chiefs-take-a-quarterback-at-21

Check out 9th comment...

Seems highly suspicious

-King-
04-17-2011, 02:11 AM
http://arrowheadaddict.com/2011/04/16/could-the-kansas-city-chiefs-take-a-quarterback-at-21

Check out 9th comment...

Seems highly suspicious

Thats not Dane.

Tribal Warfare
04-17-2011, 02:12 AM
Their can only be One

-King-
04-17-2011, 02:14 AM
Their can only be One

They're a lot of things you don't have a grasp on. Grammar is one of them.

keg in kc
04-17-2011, 02:31 AM
Well, they do say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Whoever 'they' are.

Tribal Warfare
04-17-2011, 02:37 AM
They're a lot of things you don't have a grasp on. Grammar is one of them.

fer sure

Saccopoo
04-17-2011, 02:47 AM
Did someone actually mention "Clayton Wendell" alongside guys like Whitlock and Athan? When did our little C.E. merit such stratospherical comparisons? I mean, it's not like getting mentioned among literary icons such as Updike, Hemingway, and the like, but at least Whitlock has been published and has been on TV...

Perhaps throwing up chubbies pics on CP "Would You?" threads gets you mentioned among those that have appeared on ESPN and the like.

Fritz88
04-17-2011, 03:59 AM
ROFL
Posted via Mobile Device

Easy 6
04-17-2011, 08:00 AM
That site is lame as hell.

Rausch
04-17-2011, 08:03 AM
NO....FUCKING....WAY...

burt
04-17-2011, 08:21 AM
I say.....someone is being very funny

Marcellus
04-17-2011, 09:26 AM
I say.....someone is being very funny

Trying to be funny. It was too obvious. Had it been a well done fake it would be more entertaining.

Dave Lane
04-17-2011, 09:52 AM
Its a trolling post. If you click on his name it takes you to Chiefsplanet. No way Dane does that. Now Clayton on the other hand...

BossChief
04-17-2011, 10:06 AM
GC would have made it convincing. My guess is Pawnmower

Direckshun
04-17-2011, 10:09 AM
Its a trolling post. If you click on his name it takes you to Chiefsplanet. No way Dane does that. Now Clayton on the other hand...

I clicked on the name and it took me to daneisatool.com.

Ah, cross-site humor.

How I love thee.

DA_T_84
04-17-2011, 10:11 AM
hmm... I do like Colin.

CoMoChief
04-17-2011, 10:15 AM
I'm actually all for it.

(1) - We need a backup QB......BAD. Cassel isn't what everyone wants, but if he were to go down, we're tremendously fucked in the butt.

(2) - Let's say Cassel plays well and is our QB for the next 3-4 seasons, groom the rookie during that time, most likely he will have overall better tools than Cassel, and then we can trade Cassel to a QB starved team.

DTLB58
04-17-2011, 11:51 AM
eh, I removed the AA app from my phone some time ago. Me and Mr. Allen had it out. Not fond of his work, if you wanna call it that.

HotRoute
04-17-2011, 03:03 PM
I did hear on the radio that this kid was on the top of an AFCW teams draft board and will be at the draft.

Discuss....

CrazyPhuD
04-17-2011, 03:10 PM
I'm actually all for it.

(1) - We need a starting QB......BAD. If Cassel were to stay healthy, we're tremendously fucked in the butt.

FYP

DA_T_84
04-17-2011, 04:16 PM
I did hear on the radio that this kid was on the top of an AFCW teams draft board and will be at the draft.

Things will definitely get interesting after the Chargers pick at 18, and its not a QB...

AFC West First Round Picks
2 - Denver*
17 - Patriots (from Oakland)**
18 - Chargers***
21 - Chiefs

*There's just no stinkin' way Denver takes him second overall. They would have to trade back. If they can't, they have to take one of the defensive studs. They may, however, trade the #36 overall and jump back into the first.
**Assuming this rumor is true, if it were Oakland, they would have to sell the farm to get into the first round.
*** No. The Chargers will not take him in the first.

Rain Man
04-17-2011, 04:22 PM
I've been afraid to ask, but it seems to me like there are so many QBs out there that this year would be a rare opportunity to draft a QBOTF when you don't have a top ten pick. I might even consider it with a first-round pick if the right guy fell, and definitely with the second-round pick.

DA_T_84
04-17-2011, 04:30 PM
I've been afraid to ask, but it seems to me like there are so many QBs out there that this year would be a rare opportunity to draft a QBOTF when you don't have a top ten pick. I might even consider it with a first-round pick if the right guy fell, and definitely with the second-round pick.

I see your point, and agree. I think.

My fear has been that Cassel will keep us in QB purgatory, where we play just well enough to draft 15-25 every year, but never well enough to win it all. And we never get to draft in the top 10 either. Our talent gets old, hurt, or leaves via FA, and the window closes.

I believe in Scott enough that he will not be Carl and let that happen. He is adamant about being a winner all of the time, not just some of the time. He isn't scared to do something that conventional wisdom, or the instant gratification factor, says we shouldn't.

On paper, we shouldn't take a QB because we have a developing QB coming off a quality season. To place your entire trust in him would be somewhat foolish, however, and if Scott deems that the right QB is available at 21, well then I'm on board.

I think it would say a TON about our GM if he pulled that trigger.

Rain Man
04-17-2011, 05:27 PM
I see your point, and agree. I think.

My fear has been that Cassel will keep us in QB purgatory, where we play just well enough to draft 15-25 every year, but never well enough to win it all. And we never get to draft in the top 10 either. Our talent gets old, hurt, or leaves via FA, and the window closes.

I believe in Scott enough that he will not be Carl and let that happen. He is adamant about being a winner all of the time, not just some of the time. He isn't scared to do something that conventional wisdom, or the instant gratification factor, says we shouldn't.

On paper, we shouldn't take a QB because we have a developing QB coming off a quality season. To place your entire trust in him would be somewhat foolish, however, and if Scott deems that the right QB is available at 21, well then I'm on board.

I think it would say a TON about our GM if he pulled that trigger.

Yeah, I simply don't see Cassel as the guy who puts us over the top, statistics be damned. Unless we build a team that's strong enough for him to be a caretaker a la Trent Dilfer or Mark Rypien, I don't think he's going to carry us to a championship.

But I could see him as a good caretaker while some franchise QB sits on the bench for a year or two. And it seems like there are 6 or 7 QBs that are getting bandied about this year, which means that at least a few may be around in our first round pick, and perhaps 1 will still be around in our second round.

So the question is which strategy Scott will pursue:

1. Build a team that's strong enough to carry a so-so QB to the Super Bowl, with the advantage that the QB we have tends to protect the ball well.

or

2. Go the classic route and gamble on getting a franchise QB, recognizing that it would have to be a Marino-like find where other teams pass over a guy because of perceived weaknesses.

I'm on board with either approach, and I'm not sure which is easier. It's pretty obvious that our team right now is three players away from being really strong: WR, OLB, and NT. Are we more likely to fill those positions first, or to find a playmaking QB first?

Pestilence
04-17-2011, 05:37 PM
Things will definitely get interesting after the Chargers pick at 18, and its not a QB...

AFC West First Round Picks
2 - Denver*
17 - Patriots (from Oakland)**
18 - Chargers***
21 - Chiefs

*There's just no stinkin' way Denver takes him second overall. They would have to trade back. If they can't, they have to take one of the defensive studs. They may, however, trade the #36 overall and jump back into the first.
**Assuming this rumor is true, if it were Oakland, they would have to sell the farm to get into the first round.
*** No. The Chargers will not take him in the first.

All Oakland would have to do is trade their 2nd this year and their 1st next year. It's not like they're against trading future draft picks.

dmahurin
04-17-2011, 07:00 PM
Nick Wright is tweeting a "reliable" source says we're going qb in round 1.

Tribal Warfare
04-17-2011, 07:07 PM

I'm not holding my breath

dmahurin
04-17-2011, 07:15 PM
I'm not holding my breath

"reliable" and nick wright do not belong together.

BossChief
04-17-2011, 07:26 PM
Ok gang,

bevischief
04-17-2011, 07:33 PM

DA_T_84
04-17-2011, 07:59 PM

That's kind of an embellishment, dude. Next time just post what he says and let others make up their mind.

That being said, thanks for the tip.

http://twitter.com/getnickwright
#
# No idea right now. OT would have most value, but I dunno... RT @chiefsfanatic26 so who do you believe pioli and co. Will take at #21? about 2 hours ago via web in reply to chiefsfanatic26

# @DeAnnSmithkc packers, saints, colts, patriots... none of them have great o lines... some dont even have above average ones about 2 hours ago via web in reply to DeAnnSmithkc

# Fair point. RT @sparksjay Pioli often didn't draft at 3 overall. His saying holds more water drafting in the playoff-team slots. about 2 hours ago via web in reply to sparksjay

# Always an option. Would be shocked if they traded up. Often times hard to trade down. RT @KansasSports What about trading up or down? about 2 hours ago via web in reply to KansasSports

# Pioli likes to say he likes a combo of team need and best available...But his history says otherwise. Tyson was all about need, nothing else about 2 hours ago via web

# I agree. Biggest needs are OLB, WR and NT, but those might not be good value at 21. RT @fbarthpurple Nick, help for Tamba... about 2 hours ago via web in reply to fbarthpurple

# I know many of you think KC needs a ton of help on the O-Line, but Haley and Co. are higher on Albert and Richardson than you'd think about 2 hours ago via web

# Thing is this, in all likelihood the best players available at 21 will be CBs, DEs and OTs. Chiefs don't look at any of those as a big need. about 2 hours ago via web

# Not that KC is looking to draft a QB, and they certainly don't want to replace Cassel, but that they'd consider it if value is there about 2 hours ago via twidroyd

# Heard something really interesting today, from someone who would know, about #Chiefs really considering a QB in 1st round... about 2 hours ago via twidroyd