PDA

View Full Version : Life Obscure but interesting google

cdcox
04-17-2011, 11:18 AM
Ok, here is a new past-time for ChiefsPlanet that I like to call, "obscure but interesteing google". The idea is to throw out a topic. The idea is for other posters to research the topic and learn about something new and interesting. If you throw out a topic, don't say anything about it, let other people discover the topic for themselves, like opening a Christmas present. Optionally, the other members may post nuggets from the "obscure but interesting google" to share with others and generate interesting discussion.

If you are already familiar with the topic (it is not obscure) or it is not interesting, you get to ridicule the person who posted it, in the normal ChiefsPlanet tradition.

I'll boldly go first:

Barkley Marathons

kstater
04-17-2011, 11:19 AM
I don't think Chuck can run that far. He could barely get up and down the court.

nstygma
04-17-2011, 11:20 AM
have you seen his golf swing?

KurtCobain
04-17-2011, 11:27 AM
I don't understand.

HoneyBadger
04-17-2011, 11:44 AM
Bukkake

Gonzo
04-17-2011, 11:51 AM
Bukkake
Worst dessert ever.
Posted via Mobile Device

58-4ever
04-17-2011, 11:52 AM
Seems like to Ridiculous race. The whole book thing is very puzzling as well.

Rausch
04-17-2011, 11:53 AM
Forward to teh Purple Clouds!1!

Psyko Tek
04-17-2011, 02:50 PM
is this about his drinking?
or the chick in scotttsdale
who was the best ever?

LiveSteam
04-17-2011, 03:02 PM
The airport built in Colorado in 1994

Rain Man
04-17-2011, 04:17 PM
As a runner, I find those ultra-extreme races to be demotivating as opposed to motivating. In a country the size of the United States, you can be better than 99.9 percent of the population and there'll still be 300,000 people who beat you to the finish line. There's always someone way more extreme.

Before one race I was in the hotel reading the stuff they gave me when I checked in. There was some race in the Yukon that was something like 250 miles through the wilderness in subzero weather. Only 9 people signed up, and only 2 finished. The winner was in the hospital for a week afterwards, and the second-place person was a woman who'd had a brain tumor removed years earlier. They had to take out the part of her brain that recognizes the passage of time, so she just kept going until she hit the finish line and never even thought about how long she'd been out.

And that's supposed to motivate me?

milkman
04-17-2011, 04:21 PM
As a runner, I find those ultra-extreme races to be demotivating as opposed to motivating. In a country the size of the United States, you can be better than 99.9 percent of the population and there'll still be 300,000 people who beat you to the finish line. There's always someone way more extreme.

Before one race I was in the hotel reading the stuff they gave me when I checked in. There was some race in the Yukon that was something like 250 miles through the wilderness in subzero weather. Only 9 people signed up, and only 2 finished. The winner was in the hospital for a week afterwards, and the second-place person was a woman who'd had a brain tumor removed years earlier. They had to take out the part of her brain that recognizes the passage of time, so she just kept going until she hit the finish line and never even thought about how long she'd been out.

And that's supposed to motivate me?

I didn't know that women were born with that part of the brain.

Rain Man
04-17-2011, 04:24 PM
I didn't know that women were born with that part of the brain.

Apparently some actually have it. Maybe it's an evolutionary artifice like male nipples or something.

cdcox
04-17-2011, 04:35 PM
Only 9 people signed up, and only 2 finished.

The finishing rate for Barkley is about 10x worse, even if you ignore the lady with her brain altered. And the climate is 10x easier.

Rain Man
04-17-2011, 04:47 PM
The finishing rate for Barkley is about 10x worse, even if you ignore the lady with her brain altered. And the climate is 10x easier.

Yeah, it seems rather stiff in terms of the time limit. And you have to figure that the people running it probably aren't slouches.

bevischief
04-17-2011, 05:24 PM
butt plug.