PDA

View Full Version : Life Most vivid Japan Tsunami video I've seen. Unreal.

jAZ
04-18-2011, 12:15 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8vZR0Rq1Rfw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TinyEvel
04-18-2011, 12:20 PM
Yeah, this one is just unbelievable the way it creeps toward the camera. At first, I was thinking "Oh, it's so far away, these people will be okay. The sloooowly it just gets right the eff up in the foreground, so powerful and frightening. Unreal. Terrifying those people at the end literally running for their life. Plus, I'm pretty sure everyone you can hear on camera, that's their neighborhood below.

DA_T_84
04-18-2011, 12:26 PM
Yeah, that lady didn't make it... no way.

blaise
04-18-2011, 12:33 PM
Terrible. Looked like that one lady was carrying either a child or a pet. I hope it was a pet.

Detoxing
04-18-2011, 12:42 PM
Yeah, that lady didn't make it... no way.

That's what happens when you're too cool to run. She looked like she was just speed walking.

buddha
04-18-2011, 12:48 PM
Horrifying. If this had been a big Hollywood production, there would have been a huge crashing wave, etc. This was FAR more terrifying because it just kept advancing slowly devouring everything in its path.

tooge
04-18-2011, 01:02 PM
why were people still in their houses in low lying areas ten minutes later. They sort of looked like they weren't in any hurry to gtfo

Simplex3
04-18-2011, 01:04 PM
why were people still in their houses in low lying areas ten minutes later. They sort of looked like they weren't in any hurry to gtfo

see: Katrina - New Orleans

DMAC
04-18-2011, 01:09 PM

No one wants to miss the last 10 minutes of Hey! Hey! Hey! Music Champ.

Sofa King
04-18-2011, 01:11 PM
I would pass Usain Bolt if a wave like that was coming for me, these people just meandered slowly until it was/almost was too late. wtf people! GET THE LEAD OUT!

Fucking terrifying. No way that lady in the last few seconds of the video had a chance. and wtf was that lady in the black thinking? too tired from running a long ways maybe?

kepp
04-18-2011, 01:21 PM
That's what happens when you're too cool to run. She looked like she was just speed walking.

Seriously...what was she thinking? I kept thinking that she would kick it into gear, but she never did.

Hydrae
04-18-2011, 01:21 PM

With little to no warning, I imagine a lot of people died in their homes. These were the lucky ones who were able to get out the way, even if just barely.

kc rush
04-18-2011, 01:22 PM
What in the hell were those people at the end trying to carry? Drop your shit and run.

KevB
04-18-2011, 01:32 PM
What in the hell were those people at the end trying to carry? Drop your shit and run.

Looked like a wheelchair. I assume the couple of people trying to help that got slammed there at the very end were trying to pull up someone that couldn't walk. Just awful.

Bwana
04-18-2011, 01:34 PM
Damn! :shake:

ChiTown
04-18-2011, 01:35 PM
Looked like a wheelchair. I assume the couple of people trying to help that got slammed there at the very end were trying to pull up someone that couldn't walk. Just awful.

If you have but only one compassionate bone in your body, that is an extremely hard to video to watch.:deevee:

cmh6476
04-18-2011, 01:41 PM
should be a disclaimer as the language they are using is obviously nsfw

Fish
04-18-2011, 01:44 PM
I'd be all..... "Hang on guys... this is important!"

http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/7739/saveprono.jpg

KCrockaholic
04-18-2011, 01:44 PM
As fucked up as that was, I wanted to see about the next 5 minutes of that video. People shoulda been bookin it a looong time ago before the wave even came near their house.

boogblaster
04-18-2011, 01:45 PM
doubt if anyone below that hillside made it ...

KCrockaholic
04-18-2011, 01:45 PM
should be a disclaimer as the language they are using is obviously nsfw

Ah ching chong ding dong chingy chong.

88TG88
04-18-2011, 01:48 PM
intense

Tribal Warfare
04-18-2011, 01:59 PM
Whoever was filming that is one dumb motherfucker, my ass would still be running away from that shit.

tooge
04-18-2011, 02:05 PM
sa thing is, it didn't look like they had that far to go in order to reach safe ground, maybe a few hundred yards? I know they didn't have much warning, but if there are people videotaping the event, and it takes 4 minutes for the wave to hit the area in the video, then they had at least 10 minutes to gtfo to higher ground. Very sad.

Pitt Gorilla
04-18-2011, 02:13 PM
This is truly sad, but I can't help but think of the Arrested Development Mole episode. I apologize for being such a terrible person.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NG7fAhvUcc

bowener
04-18-2011, 02:13 PM
I am thankful to the cameraman for not panning to show the old woman die, as well as the probably untimely end of the people at the end of the video.

Demonpenz
04-18-2011, 02:15 PM
Slow and stead wins the race.

Sofa King
04-18-2011, 02:49 PM
@ 5:26 you can see that that person in the black that was walking earlier actually made it to high ground. same bald head and black coat, and was in the same area.

Can't believe he/she made it.

crazycoffey
04-18-2011, 03:10 PM
still crazy awesome power show of mother nature...

Donger
04-18-2011, 03:13 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5-zfCBCq-8I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Coogs
04-18-2011, 03:22 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5-zfCBCq-8I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dude standing on the bridge was running out of options fast... not to mention the folks in the vehicles on the bridge with him.

Chiefnj2
04-18-2011, 03:41 PM
It looks like the guy in the red/maroon jacket loses his grip on someone, and he almost gets sucked in.

soopamanluva
04-18-2011, 03:47 PM
Running don't have much to do with it. You can't outrun that, and where would you go? Hell if you look, there are still people driving around. Looks like people didn't know it was coming, and once they did, it was too late.

-King-
04-18-2011, 03:54 PM
Whoever was filming that is one dumb motherfucker, my ass would still be running away from that shit.

Run where? They went to the top a hill. You want them to run down?

Tribal Warfare
04-18-2011, 03:59 PM
Run where? They went to the top a hill. You want them to run down?

away, from that shit and not look back. Christ, when you see that you go to a place where you can't see that anymore

ClevelandBronco
04-18-2011, 04:01 PM
Unimaginable.

Donger
04-18-2011, 04:02 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RDOuwMj7Xzo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

-King-
04-18-2011, 04:19 PM
away, from that shit and not look back. Christ, when you see that you go to a place where you can't see that anymore

What about a hill don't you understand? What about the fact that you can't outrun water don't you understand?

Tribal Warfare
04-18-2011, 04:23 PM
What about a hill don't you understand? What about the fact that you can't outrun water don't you understand?

What about not looking back don't you understand? I'm not an individual to look at devastation while the shit is hitting the fan. Running uphill great, but my ass will run to the other coast until I know I'm out harms way.

Keep trollin brah

TEX
04-18-2011, 04:25 PM
That's so cool...I'd have dropped everything and ran like hell.

-King-
04-18-2011, 04:36 PM
What about not looking back don't you understand? I'm not an individual to look at devastation while the shit is hitting the fan. Running uphill great, but my ass will run to the other coast until I know I'm out harms way.

Keep trollin brah

So you live in a make believe world where you can outrun tsunamis huh? Is that the same approach you take for tornados?

"Fuck the basement! I'm going to outrun it and I won't look back! Yeah!!"
Posted via Mobile Device

Tribal Warfare
04-18-2011, 04:42 PM
So you live in a make believe world where you can outrun tsunamis huh? Is that the same approach you take for tornados?

"Fuck the basement! I'm going to outrun it and I won't look back! Yeah!!"
Posted via Mobile Device

Dude, don't you get it? Yeah, you ran up a hill, but I'd run farther to make sure you are secure. Did you notice those dumbshits keep running then they looked back again. With me that wouldn't be an issue.

Do you live under a bridge or something, or are you my fanatical groupie ?

Shit, you are just like a girl on her period bitching about anything and everything.

KCUnited
04-18-2011, 04:46 PM
There's a Thomas Jones joke in here somewhere.

Sofa King
04-18-2011, 04:50 PM
Dude, don't you get it? Yeah, you ran up a hill, but I'd run farther to make sure you are secure. Did you notice those dumbshits keep running then they looked back again. With me that wouldn't be an issue.

Do you live under a bridge or something, or are you my fanatical groupie ?

Shit, you are just like a girl on her period bitching about anything and everything.

if you kept running, you've eventually get to the top of your small hill, then you'd be running down and back into the tsunami... you'd never make the coast.

These people got to the top of the hill, stopped running, and lived to share the video.

Tribal Warfare
04-18-2011, 04:55 PM
if you kept running, you've eventually get to the top of your small hill, then you'd be running down and back into the tsunami... you'd never make the coast.

These people got to the top of the hill, stopped running, and lived to share the video.

it's figuratively speaking. The point is I wouldn't even looked back besides getting to hire ground my ass would've gone to place where there is noway in hell I'd see the devastation and I'm safe and sound If someone has enough time to film this shit their priorities are out of whack. .

teedubya
04-18-2011, 04:55 PM
If you live on the coast... and they say tsunami warning... uh, you better fucking GTFO of your house and up a hill. heh. If anything let this serve as a warning.

Fucking intense video. It looked like that one dude at the end who ran down to help the wheelchair got swept away.

Fish
04-18-2011, 04:59 PM
Fucking A people..... are we really arguing over the best way to escape a tsunami....

The offseason is a bitch this year...

-King-
04-18-2011, 05:12 PM
it's figuratively speaking. The point is I wouldn't even looked back besides getting to hire ground my ass would've gone to place where there is noway in hell I'd see the devastation and I'm safe and sound If someone has enough time to film this shit their priorities are out of whack. .

When you get to that "hire" ground...what do you do then?

So let's say you are one of the people in this video... do you run off the hill?
Posted via Mobile Device

crazycoffey
04-18-2011, 05:17 PM
Fucking A people..... are we really arguing over the best way to escape a tsunami....

The offseason is a bitch this year...

truth

Tribal Warfare
04-18-2011, 05:17 PM
When you get to that "hire" ground...what do you do then?

So let's say you are one of the people in this video... do you run off the hill?
Posted via Mobile Device

keep trollin brah, and I wouldn't even of been filming the shit.

-King-
04-18-2011, 05:25 PM
keep trollin brah, and I wouldn't even of been filming the shit.

Its a simple question. Would you run off the hill?
Posted via Mobile Device

Tribal Warfare
04-18-2011, 05:25 PM
Its a simple question. Would you run off the hill?
Posted via Mobile Device

keep trollin brah

-King-
04-18-2011, 05:28 PM
keep trollin brah

LMAO So you have no answer huh? You could have answered the question and ended this...but since you're a dumbass you sidestep it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tribal Warfare
04-18-2011, 05:31 PM
LMAO So you have no answer huh? You could have answered the question and ended this...but since you're a dumbass you sidestep it.
Posted via Mobile Device

trollin down the river.

I answered it multiple times, I wouldn't run off the hill but since that was higher ground I would've ran farther away from the water.

since you are posting on a mobile device I assume you are posting from your job under a bridge.

-King-
04-18-2011, 05:34 PM
trollin down the river.

I answered it multiple times, I wouldn't run off the hill but since that was higher ground I would've ran farther away from the water.

since you are posting on a mobile device I assume you are posting from your job under a bridge.

Yes I am. How'd you know?
Posted via Mobile Device

Otter
04-18-2011, 05:39 PM
That's fucking crazy! Running across a field with a house chasing you.

wow

Tribal Warfare
04-18-2011, 05:43 PM
Yes I am. How'd you know?
Posted via Mobile Device

Well given your internets appearance, you are wearing the wonderful attire made in likeness for Rumpelstiltskin. It created an excellent motif of green skin, abrasive behavior, and a retched case of irritable bowel syndrome that requires a bed pan nearby for those unsightly accidents.

jAZ
04-18-2011, 07:39 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RDOuwMj7Xzo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Interesting. If that's representative of the results of the tsunami in Indonesia, I'm surprised. The Japan one appears to have been much worse.

Rain Man
04-18-2011, 07:53 PM

These people could have been on the highest point around, or at least within reasonable sprinting distance. If I was on a tall hill I'd lean toward staying there as opposed to running back down to try to find a taller hill.

Pretty amazing video.

mlyonsd
04-18-2011, 08:28 PM
I'm guessing the people taking the video and standing on the hill are on pre-designated tsunami ground. And they realized if that aint high enough they're screwed.

Terrible but awesome video. How awful.

Hog Farmer
04-18-2011, 09:15 PM
You gotta realize the people at ground level could'nt see the water coming until it's too late.

Reaper16
04-18-2011, 09:28 PM
That was disturbing watching people try to outrun the tsunami on foot. That guy in red gets sucked down at the end. Horrifying.

BigMeatballDave
04-18-2011, 09:32 PM
Eye on the T.V
Cause tragedy thrills me
Whatever flavor
It happens to be like...

Valiant
04-18-2011, 09:42 PM
With little to no warning, I imagine a lot of people died in their homes. These were the lucky ones who were able to get out the way, even if just barely.

From my understanding most had over 10mintues warning as soon as the earthquake hit..

I think as it was said before.. People were just meh, like Katrina, it won't be that bad, it wont happen to me.. Japan could of been 100x worse if they were not so well prepared..

Demonpenz
04-18-2011, 09:44 PM
Tsunami...metal or not

Valiant
04-18-2011, 09:50 PM

click the video after it about new species found washed up..

GordonGekko
04-18-2011, 10:35 PM
Could this be the first time the word "vivid" has been used in a thread title? Or further yet, ever in a post on Chiefsplanet?

KcMizzou
04-18-2011, 10:41 PM
Could this be the first time the word "vivid" has been used in a thread title? Or further yet, ever in a post on Chiefsplanet?If it's been used, it was probably pr0n related.

FAX
04-19-2011, 01:44 AM
I think it's been used before, but it was Mr. Iowanian attempting to spell the word, "Viva" in his bullfighting fan thread.

Although he did want some of those real fancy duds to wear to the next county fair, he basically came out on the side of wanting to see the matadors try and ride the bulls ... or at least mount one.

FAX

Graystoke
04-19-2011, 09:02 AM
JEBUS! I can't even imagine the destruction and heartache. I went through the Midwest floods of 2008 and lost my house, but crap this is not even comparable. Just makes me want to take a flight to Japan and start helping.
I urge all CP'ers to make a Donation the to Red Cross. They do make a difference.

Lzen
04-19-2011, 11:53 AM
That was disturbing watching people try to outrun the tsunami on foot. That guy in red gets sucked down at the end. Horrifying.

No he didn't. Watch again.

Demonpenz
04-19-2011, 12:02 PM
dude was two zippers away from being in the thriller video

Coogs
04-19-2011, 12:13 PM

I still wonder about the dude on the bridge in this video. He is right between the "W in New and the D in Dramatic". During the video, you can see him going back and forth, realizing there is no out. Only hope is the water doesn't get over the bridge.

black angus
04-19-2011, 12:16 PM

I think the guy in red gets away, but the guy in the dark jacket didn't.

Phobia
04-19-2011, 01:06 PM
I think they all swam their way to safety. You just have to be careful evading cars, houses, libraries, and nuclear power plants. It's like the Madden version of Frogger.

JohninGpt
04-19-2011, 01:20 PM
National Geographic Channel HD has a one hour documentary with no narration, only video footage called "Witness: Disaster in Japan", pretty powerful stuff. It airs again tomorrow (Wed, 20 Apr) at 5pm central.

Molitoth
04-19-2011, 02:20 PM
That was kinda sickening to watch.

chiefsfan987
04-19-2011, 02:33 PM
National Geographic Channel HD has a one hour documentary with no narration, only video footage called "Witness: Disaster in Japan", pretty powerful stuff. It airs again tomorrow (Wed, 20 Apr) at 5pm central.

Its on youtube as well if you want to watch it on your own time frame without commercials. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cpXZa6U8lo

chiefsfan987
04-21-2011, 03:20 AM
After Tsunami this dog refuses to leave his hurt friend behind :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3TM9GL2iLI&feature=related