PDA

View Full Version : Media Beck: Stewart and Colbert will not "occupy the space comedy alone."

Direckshun
04-19-2011, 12:19 AM
The beautiful disaster lives on.

Conservatives, prepare to whittle thy "Beck is just the conservative Jon Stewart!" talking points for the not-so-distant future.

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=641812&gt1=28103

Glenn Beck lays out his post-Fox plans
April 18, 2011, 6:27 PM EST
By Tim Kenneally
TheWrap

Sorry, New York; Glenn Beck won't be yours much longer.

The television personality/radio host/author, who's ending his Fox News Channel show later this year, took time out during his stage show in Albany, New York on Saturday to explain what lies ahead, now that he's free to pursue his own vision free of Rupert Murdoch's encumbrance.

The first item on Beck's agenda? Getting out of New York City so he can leave behind the pundit class and join the common people in their revolution for sanity.

Oh, but there's much more; Beck added that he's developing a first-rate research department, which will harness the "idle brains" of former CEOs and military personnel who wish to help him on his mission to restore America's glory. Oh, and he also plans to make sure that "Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert do not occupy the space of comedy alone" for much longer.

|Zach|
04-19-2011, 12:21 AM
1\2 Hour News Hour.

Direckshun
04-19-2011, 12:22 AM
1\2 Hour News Hour.

I remain saddened that this show didn't last.

Fishpicker
04-19-2011, 12:33 AM
there's still red-eye at least

orange
04-19-2011, 01:29 AM
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/267803/GLENN-BECK-LEAVING-NEW-YORK.jpg

Baby Lee
04-19-2011, 01:48 AM
Slightly, [largely?], tangential, but have we come to the end of the road RE:navel gazing and deconstruction of archetypes?

Two bits of media I consumed this evening, Fitzgerald interviewing Gaffigan, and the Joan Rivers documentary.

Re: Fitzdawg, mostly pedestrian stuff, most salient for the fact that Gaffigan actually uses the F-word multiple times in the course. But midway through, he offers up the observation that standups are a little neurotic and feed off dysfunction to weild their craft. How relevatory.

Then the Rivers doc. I actually went into that with high expectations, having heard nothing but praise from diverse sources. But MY GOD, it's like a neurotic, needy, insulated HYDROGEN BOMB. I've always liked her, still like her, understand her quirks, feel for the tragedies in her life, am genuinely amazed at what she continues to do in her late 70s. But to check off EVERY SINGLE ONE of the red state/blue state, pain hones my craft, art is a tightwire act, I take it all to heart PAP ticks??? . . . Then to kvetch that she's going to Wisconsin to perform because she needs the money, then proceed to trash everything east of the 101 and west of the Hudson river, only to have her lone heckler be a guy who's so pained by her deaf person jokes [ie, she wasn't left coast PC, NOT red state PC, enough].

Maybe I should stop wallowing, and start thinking of how to make my OWN fortune pointing out how ridiculous all this shit is.

patteeu
04-19-2011, 05:18 AM
1\2 Hour News Hour.

Yeah, because all conservative comedy must be the same.

orange
04-19-2011, 05:22 AM
1\2 Hour News Hour.

Yeah, because all conservative comedy must be the same.

Conservative? Are you sure? Seems to lean left, to me.