PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs trade scenario?

kcbubb
04-19-2011, 09:38 AM
Every year players fall in the draft that we don't anticipate. I remember when many on this board were enamored with Everette Brown and Clausen and both fell to the 2nd round and several endorsed taking those players early.

I have also talked about trading down in previous years, but I feel that trading up may be a better option this year if the following scenario plays out.

If Julio Jones falls to the 12th pick in the draft where the Minnesota Vikings pick, the Chiefs should trade up to get him.

For starters I believe that Todd Hailey is one of the best WR and TE coaches in the game. If my memory serves me well, everywhere he goes, pro bowl WRs follow. I don't think the improved play of Dwayne Bowe is by chance.

Secondly, Julio Jones fits our system very well. We make running the ball a priority and he is the best run blockers in this draft that I am aware of. Also, he provides a deep threat. He needs polishing, but I believe that he would be pro bowler for the Chiefs with Haley's coaching. This situation appears to be one with a high floor and very high ceiling.

Third. The Vikings are in desperate need of a DT and we should be able to trade Glenn Dorsey to the Vikings for partial compensation in the trade. Dorsey is a better fit in there 4-3 system and provides immediate security for their problems with the old Williams wall, where one of the Williams maybe suspended. Dorsey has shown enough to provide considerable value to the Vikings in the 4-3, where he is a better fit.

I haven't looked at the trade chart, but I am guessing that the Vikings could get Dorsey, and maybe our 3rd and 5th and a pick next year depending on the play of Dorsey. Maybe this is too much or not quite enough, but I am guessing that it is in the ball park for a nine position move up depending on how you value Dorsey.

Go get one the best athletes in this draft!

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/profiles/julio-jones?id=2495454

milkman
04-19-2011, 09:43 AM
Dumbass.

BigCatDaddy
04-19-2011, 09:44 AM
Dumbass.

LMAO

the Talking Can
04-19-2011, 09:44 AM
i'm going to kill myself

BigCatDaddy
04-19-2011, 09:45 AM
Every year players fall in the draft that we don't anticipate. I remember when many on this board were enamored with Everette Brown and Clausen and both fell to the 2nd round and several endorsed taking those players early.

I have also talked about trading down in previous years, but I feel that trading up may be a better option this year if the following scenario plays out.

If Julio Jones falls to the 12th pick in the draft where the Minnesota Vikings pick, the Chiefs should trade up to get him.

For starters I believe that Todd Hailey is one of the best WR and TE coaches in the game. If my memory serves me well, everywhere he goes, pro bowl WRs follow. I don't think the improved play of Dwayne Bowe is by chance.

Secondly, Julio Jones fits our system very well. We make running the ball a priority and he is the best run blockers in this draft that I am aware of. Also, he provides a deep threat. He needs polishing, but I believe that he would be pro bowler for the Chiefs with Haley's coaching. This situation appears to be one with a high floor and very high ceiling.

Third. The Vikings are in desperate need of a DT and we should be able to trade Glenn Dorsey to the Vikings for partial compensation in the trade. Dorsey is a better fit in there 4-3 system and provides immediate security for their problems with the old Williams wall, where one of the Williams maybe suspended. Dorsey has shown enough to provide considerable value to the Vikings in the 4-3, where he is a better fit.

I haven't looked at the trade chart, but I am guessing that the Vikings could get Dorsey, and maybe our 3rd and 5th and a pick next year depending on the play of Dorsey. Maybe this is too much or not quite enough, but I am guessing that it is in the ball park for a nine position move up depending on how you value Dorsey.

Go get one the best athletes in this draft!

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/profiles/julio-jones?id=2495454

Just 1 very small problem........ Without a CBA in place you can't trade players only draft picks.

MahiMike
04-19-2011, 09:46 AM
I love Julio too but that price is too high.

DA_T_84
04-19-2011, 09:46 AM
This is the worst thing I've ever read on this website, and that's saying A LOT.

milkman
04-19-2011, 09:48 AM
Just 1 very small problem........ Without a CBA in place you can't trade players only draft picks.

Why'd you have to go and tell him?

Dicky McElephant
04-19-2011, 10:16 AM
You need to be taken out into a dark alley and beat.

BigCatDaddy
04-19-2011, 10:19 AM
Why'd you have to go and tell him?

I had to give him partial credit because I like the idea of moving up for Jones.

warrior
04-19-2011, 10:25 AM
Dumbass.

Seen it coming but still had to laugh. :doh!:

Dicky McElephant
04-19-2011, 10:34 AM
Here is the one problem (other than the fact that it's dumb and you can't trade players).

The Vikings have a bigger need for a DE than a DT. Even if they wanted Dorsey.....he plays the same position as Kevin Williams. So if they're looking for a DT to replace Pat Williams.....it's going to be a big run stuffer.....not Dorsey.

DTLB58
04-19-2011, 10:35 AM
Why do we have to trade Glenn Dorsey EVERY year? :doh!:

DL could be one of our thinnest spots with contracts being up and this guy wants to trade more DL players.

Also, You need to do some MORE reading before this draft. No current players will be allowed to be traded, only future picks due to the lockout.

milkman
04-19-2011, 10:47 AM
Here is the one problem (other than the fact that it's dumb and you can't trade players).

The Vikings have a bigger need for a DE than a DT. Even if they wanted Dorsey.....he plays the same position as Kevin Williams. So if they're looking for a DT to replace Pat Williams.....it's going to be a big run stuffer.....not Dorsey.

The OP was so full of fail, there was no way I was going to address each fail.

I think my initial response just about covers it all.

HemiEd
04-19-2011, 11:28 AM
Why do we have to trade Glenn Dorsey EVERY year? :doh!:

Yeah, it gets old doesn't it? The guy just does the what is asked of him and has a great attitude. He is getting better and better at what they ask him to do, in spite of having Gunther fuck him up early.

Trade Tyson Jackson, ok, but not Dorsey.

Chiefnj2
04-19-2011, 12:03 PM
Trade the only DL worth a damn (assuming it was even allowed). I don't usually give neg rep on draft discussions, but this comes close.

DMAC
04-19-2011, 12:09 PM
http://www.tristanx.com/wp-content/uploads/godzilla_facepalm.jpg

SNR
04-19-2011, 12:12 PM
Todd Haley better go tell Todd Hailey that this is one hell of a retarded idea

kcbubb
04-19-2011, 12:28 PM
Obviously I forgot about trading players with the CBA. So, this part wouldn't work. But Julio Jones is a great player that would fit well with the Chiefs. Moving up to 12 or 13 to get Jones is a great move for this team if the price is not too high.

milkman
04-19-2011, 12:34 PM
Obviously I forgot about trading players with the CBA. So, this part wouldn't work. But Julio Jones is a great player that would fit well with the Chiefs. Moving up to 12 or 13 to get Jones is a great move for this team if the price is not too high.

No shit.

Bewbies
04-19-2011, 12:36 PM
LMAO

Frankie
04-19-2011, 12:44 PM
This thread makes no sense. WE ARE NOT IN ANY POSITION TO TRADE UP! At least not that drastic a trade up. If we were one stud WR away from the Super Bowl, yes I'd support it. But as things are we have many holes to plug and many positions we need to improve on. We need a bunch of solid football players, not a star in one position while sacrificing the rest.

If anything, we should trade down. (See http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=243887)

BigCatDaddy
04-19-2011, 12:47 PM
This thread makes no sense. WE ARE NOT IN ANY POSITION TO TRADE UP! At least not that drastic a trade up. If we were one stud WR away from the Super Bowl, yes I'd support it. But as things are we have many holes to plug and many positions we need to improve on. We need a bunch of solid football players, not a star in one position while sacrificing the rest.

If anything, we should trade down. (See http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=243887)

You wouldn't move up to get him for a 1 and a 3 this year?

milkman
04-19-2011, 12:51 PM

I tend to agree with Frankie (mark this day on your calendar).

A trade down would be more desirable, but at the same time, a 1st and a 3rd to trade up 9 spots isn't all that drastic.

kcbubb
04-19-2011, 12:52 PM
No shit.

what would you give up to trade up 9 spots?

milkman
04-19-2011, 12:54 PM
what would you give up to trade up 9 spots?

I should have bolded the part that I was respnding to, so I won't give you shit for not understanding.

That's my fault.

Julio Jones would be a great fit for the Chiefs.

Well, no shit.

See my previous post for the answer to your question here.

BigCatDaddy
04-19-2011, 12:56 PM
I tend to agree with Frankie (mark this day on your calendar).

A trade down would be more desirable, but at the same time, a 1st and a 3rd to trade up 9 spots isn't all that drastic.

I would much rather trade our 1st and 3rd for Jones(If possible) then trade back and pick up another 3rd or whatever.

Frankie
04-19-2011, 12:56 PM

I WOULD consider it but he is proposing giving up our 3rd+5th+Dorsey+a pick next year.

BigCatDaddy
04-19-2011, 12:59 PM
I WOULD consider it but he is proposing giving up our 3rd+5th+Dorsey+a pick next year.

Yeah, I kind of ignored all that jazz since it's not possible.

kcbubb
04-19-2011, 01:03 PM
I should have bolded the part that I was respnding to, so I won't give you shit for not understanding.

That's my fault.

Julio Jones would be a great fit for the Chiefs.

Well, no shit.

See my previous post for the answer to your question here.

That's not near enough. A third rounder??? Julio Jones is a once in a decade type of athlete. He is a perfect fit for the chiefs and would be coached by a head coach who makes WRs into pro bowlers. He also blocks and does not appear to be a pre maddonna.

Dicky McElephant
04-19-2011, 01:05 PM
Once in a decade? JFC.

milkman
04-19-2011, 01:10 PM
Once in a decade? JFC.

A legend in dumbass mind.

Saccopoo
04-19-2011, 01:12 PM
That's not near enough. A third rounder??? Julio Jones is a once in a decade type of athlete. He is a perfect fit for the chiefs and would be coached by a head coach who makes WRs into pro bowlers. He also blocks and does not appear to be a pre maddonna.

Pre Maddonna.

Awesome.

Whose keeping the CP lexicon/dictionary of uber-fantastic terminological verbage? Get out the quill and inkwell and book this sucker.

SNR
04-19-2011, 01:13 PM
That's not near enough. A third rounder??? Julio Jones is a once in a decade type of athlete. He is a perfect fit for the chiefs and would be coached by a head coach who makes WRs into pro bowlers. He also blocks and does not appear to be a pre maddonna.Apparently he's a twice in a decade type of athlete, since AJ Green will almost undoubtedly get taken before Julio Jones

kcbubb
04-19-2011, 01:15 PM
Once in a decade? JFC.

Combine numbers.

40 Yard Dash 4.39
Bench Press 17.0 Reps
Vertical Jump 38.5
Broad Jump 135.0
3 Cone Drill 6.66
20 Yard Shuttle 4.25
60 Yard Shuttle 11.07

With a broken foot and measuring 6'3" and 220 lbs.

Dicky McElephant
04-19-2011, 01:16 PM
Congratulations. Did you hear.....Vernon Gholston tore up the combine!!! He's a once in a decade player!

You fucking dumbass.

kcbubb
04-19-2011, 01:20 PM
name a better athlete at his size other than calvin johnson. He is about the same size as Larry Fitz but a better athlete.

Dicky McElephant
04-19-2011, 01:21 PM
You're an Alabama fan.....aren't you?

kcbubb
04-19-2011, 01:22 PM
Congratulations. Did you hear.....Vernon Gholston tore up the combine!!! He's a once in a decade player!

You ****ing dumbass.

You are right. I am the only one who thinks Julio Jones is any good.

Julio Jones is a good receiver and a great athlete. He has the potential to be special.

You are ridiculious.

kcbubb
04-19-2011, 01:22 PM
You're an Alabama fan.....aren't you?

nope.

BigCatDaddy
04-19-2011, 01:23 PM
name a better athlete at his size other than calvin johnson. He is about the same size as Larry Fitz but a better athlete.

Andre Johnson?

Dicky McElephant
04-19-2011, 01:23 PM
You are right. I am the only one who thinks Julio Jones is any good.

Julio Jones is a good receiver and a great athlete. He has the potential to be special.

You are ridiculious.

No you aren't the only one who thinks that Jones is good. I personally think he's a damn good WR. But I also didn't come on here saying that:

A. We should trade Dorsey to move up to get him.
B. That he's a once in a decade player and then go on to post his combine stats. Combine stats are fucking pointless when it comes to actually playing the game.

Dicky McElephant
04-19-2011, 01:25 PM
If we're going strictly by athletic ability....Brandon Marshall is pretty fucking good. He's got a 10 cent head....but he's fucking athletic as hell.

Saccopoo
04-19-2011, 01:26 PM

Jones has all the tools to be a stud.

The problem is, with Dwayne Bowe on the roster, trading up for a #2 wide receiver is a bit silly considering all the holes that this roster currently is afflicted with - NT, OT, C, OLB and WR.

Losing draft pics to pick up a #2 WR isn't a smart move for this franchise at this point.

And, you could say that his combine numbers and on-the-field production actually mirror those of Pitt receiver Jon Baldwin, who may be on the board in the second round when the Chiefs pick. Probably not, but there is a chance. A guy like Hankerson also has very nice numbers and had an incredible year for Miami last season and he might be there in the second as well.

No, I don't think giving up picks to move up in the first round for Jones makes a lot of sense.

DA_T_84
04-19-2011, 01:27 PM

AHAHAHAHA ROFL

So.... 1957?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madonna_%28entertainer%29

Frankie
04-19-2011, 01:57 PM
Pre Maddonna.

Awesome.

Whose keeping the CP lexicon/dictionary of uber-fantastic terminological verbage? Get out the quill and inkwell and book this sucker.

LOL, I saw that too and thought about giving him crap for it. I'm glad you did it instead of me.

kcbubb
04-19-2011, 03:20 PM
Andre Johnson?

that's pretty close. But Johnson's number were not better than Jones.

Dicky McElephant
04-19-2011, 03:21 PM

:facepalm:

BigCatDaddy
04-19-2011, 03:21 PM

What numbers? If you are talking combine, go check again. Johnson's are better.

The Bad Guy
04-19-2011, 03:22 PM
Great. Just what this site needs - another fucking person who knows jack shit about the draft process.

SNR
04-19-2011, 03:23 PM
Great. Just what this site needs - another fucking person who knows jack shit about the draft process.I have to disagree. I think retards like kcbubb, findthedouche, and voyager are exactly what this place needs to garner excitement and discussion about the draft.

chiefscafan is good, but he just isn't enough

OnTheWarpath58
04-19-2011, 03:24 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0MRmxfLuNto" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

milkman
04-19-2011, 03:26 PM
I have to disagree. I think retards like kcbubb, findthedouche, and voyager are exactly what this place needs to garner excitement and discussion about the draft.

I agree with you a bit, though, with this thread, my initial post should have ended this discussion.

It was short, and to the point.

It covered everything that needed to be covered.

The Bad Guy
04-19-2011, 03:32 PM
I have to disagree. I think retards like kcbubb, findthedouche, and voyager are exactly what this place needs to garner excitement and discussion about the draft.

I guess you're right to a degree. It just makes my skin crawl, but it also makes me appreciate guys who actually know the draft, and the value of Glenn Dorsey to this team.

Fish
04-19-2011, 03:47 PM
Dumbass.

Why did this thread not end right here... with the above post?

Seriously....

Saccopoo
04-19-2011, 05:37 PM
I guess you're right to a degree. It just makes my skin crawl, but it also makes me appreciate guys who actually know the draft, and the value of Glenn Dorsey to this team.

If, by value, you mean a lack of production, I feel you.

Four sacks and one forced fumble in three years. That's three years of starting 46 out of 47 games.

Awesome.

By comparison, Darnell Dockett, playing the same spot in the same alignment at about the same size, has 16 sacks and four forced fumbles over the same time period.

Now, Dorsey was substantially more active this past season and did log a career high 69 tackles (51 solo, 18 assists), but he wasn't very effective in penetrating or holding up the point of attack. A lot of his tackles were back-end pursuit types that he picked up as teams ran to his side inside the pass rush of Hali.

At this point, he hasn't lived up to the status of being the fifth overall selection in the 2008 draft. However, that particular draft is littered with bustos and it did look like a good selection at the time, particularly as we were running a 4-3 at that point.

I think he'd also do a lot better with a more active, run plugging NT beside him, and I hope that the team addresses that position in the draft. (Jerrell Powe or Chris Nield would be completely acceptable.)

BossChief
04-19-2011, 07:12 PM
If, by value, you mean a lack of production, I feel you.

Four sacks and one forced fumble in three years. That's three years of starting 46 out of 47 games.

Awesome.

By comparison, Darnell Dockett, playing the same spot in the same alignment at about the same size, has 16 sacks and four forced fumbles over the same time period.

Now, Dorsey was substantially more active this past season and did log a career high 69 tackles (51 solo, 18 assists), but he wasn't very effective in penetrating or holding up the point of attack. A lot of his tackles were back-end pursuit types that he picked up as teams ran to his side inside the pass rush of Hali.

At this point, he hasn't lived up to the status of being the fifth overall selection in the 2008 draft. However, that particular draft is littered with bustos and it did look like a good selection at the time, particularly as we were running a 4-3 at that point.

I think he'd also do a lot better with a more active, run plugging NT beside him, and I hope that the team addresses that position in the draft. (Jerrell Powe or Chris Nield would be completely acceptable.)

haha

you put on this show if trying to be the "trenches" guy of the board and overvalue the need on all accounts...but then show how LITTLE you actually know about the "trenches" every time you chime in on a topic about them.

One second you are trying to paint Albert as the worst tackle in football and then make dumbshit claims like Dorsey has trouble holding the POA.

Milkman has a word for people like that/you.

The Bad Guy
04-19-2011, 07:17 PM
haha

you put on this show if trying to be the "trenches" guy of the board and overvalue the need on all accounts...but then show how LITTLE you actually know about the "trenches" every time you chime in on a topic about them.

One second you are trying to paint Albert as the worst tackle in football and then make dumbshit claims like Dorsey has trouble holding the POA.

Saccoshit is basically on the same level as the thread starter except he knows a lot of college football names.

factortobe
04-19-2011, 07:22 PM
If we're going strictly by athletic ability....Brandon Marshall is pretty ****ing good. He's got a 10 cent head....but he's ****ing athletic as hell.
Donks fan :LOL:

kcbubb
04-19-2011, 07:29 PM
Dorsey has been solid but not spectacular in the 3-4. He has the potential to great in the 4-3. He has more value to other teams than he does to the chiefs. If you guys can't see that you are idiots. That is obvious. The Chiefs could benefit by trading him if they could receive fair value because he would be more valuable to another team.

I may have forgotten about the rule about trading players in the current CBA, but you guys definitely don't know the draft better than any other guy. Half of you guys were all over Everette Brown and Clausen and they both suck. So suck it. You guys are pompious idiots.

BossChief
04-19-2011, 07:35 PM
ROFL

siberian khatru
04-19-2011, 08:18 PM
I love Julio too but that price is too high.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zqHZWdFVyyQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DeezNutz
04-19-2011, 08:25 PM

A.J. Green, only he's taller, so this might not apply.

SNR
04-19-2011, 08:28 PM
I may have forgotten about the rule about trading players in the current CBA, but you guys definitely don't know the draft better than any other guy. Half of you guys were all over Everette Brown and Clausen and they both suck. So suck it. You guys are pompious idiots.Aaaand here come the tears.

Look, you proposed a shitty unrealistic and bad draft idea, and you don't know what a "Pre-Madonna" (sic) is. That's okay. Saccopoo doesn't know the difference between a TE and a LT, but that doesn't stop him from keeping up with football talk on this forum.

Just brush it off and try not to be such a fucking dumbass next time.

Saccopoo
04-19-2011, 09:05 PM
haha

He is (actually, I don't think he's the worst, just bottom tier), and he does (Dorsey did struggle to hold/standup the point of attack this past season, and there were times that he was virtually non-existent or was getting driven back. He improved over his sophomore effort, but it wasn't a Pro Bowl performance by any stretch. He did have moments where he made plays, but they were more singular efforts rather than game long consistency.), respectively.

Prophetic? Insightful? Charming?

Saccopoo
04-19-2011, 09:10 PM
Aaaand here come the tears.

Look, you proposed a shitty unrealistic and bad draft idea, and you don't know what a "Pre-Madonna" (sic) is. That's okay. Saccopoo doesn't know the difference between a TE and a LT, but that doesn't stop him from keeping up with football talk on this forum.

Just brush it off and try not to be such a ****ing dumbass next time.

Actually, I do know the difference.

And rather than a "jumbo" package that Milk is thinking about, it was the moment when Albert left the game and Asamoah came in to fill Waters position as he slid over to Alberts vacated spot. I think that they ran an offensive series with Waters at LT and Asamoah at LG until Albert was able to get back into the game.

I thought it was the best the left side of the line looked all season.

ChiefsCountry
04-19-2011, 10:01 PM

And rather than a "jumbo" package that Milk is thinking about, it was the moment when Albert left the game and Asamoah came in to fill Waters position as he slid over to Alberts vacated spot. I think that they ran an offensive series with Waters at LT and Asamoah at LG until Albert was able to get back into the game.

Your a fucking moron just shut the fuck up.

Frankie
04-19-2011, 11:04 PM
.......So suck it. You guys are pompious idiots.

Pompious? Wasn't he a great Roman general?

JohnnyV13
04-19-2011, 11:21 PM
Dorsey has been solid but not spectacular in the 3-4. He has the potential to great in the 4-3. He has more value to other teams than he does to the chiefs. If you guys can't see that you are idiots. That is obvious. The Chiefs could benefit by trading him if they could receive fair value because he would be more valuable to another team.

I may have forgotten about the rule about trading players in the current CBA, but you guys definitely don't know the draft better than any other guy. Half of you guys were all over Everette Brown and Clausen and they both suck. So suck it. You guys are pompious idiots.

I guess we're all pompious pre-madonna's that can't recognize your genious.

Chiefs=Good
04-19-2011, 11:59 PM
Once in a decade? JFC.

LMAO

This thread has some golden responses

DA_T_84
04-20-2011, 01:09 AM
THERE'S NO "I" IN POMPOUS.

But there is an "us."

SNR
04-20-2011, 01:40 AM
THERE'S NO "I" IN POMPOUS.

But there is an "us."
It's also an anagram for POOP SUM

MahiMike
04-20-2011, 07:16 AM
The only trade UP we would possibly do would be with NE for Pouncey.

the Talking Can
04-20-2011, 10:12 AM

you made an assessment based on one poorly remembered play about the resulting quality of the rest of the year's snaps....

just dumb

Dicky McElephant
04-20-2011, 10:17 AM

FAIL #2 in this thread.

Chiefnj2
04-20-2011, 10:21 AM
If you want a trade, the best thing for KC would be if Buffalo takes Miller or Dareus with their 1st round pick and then panics and wants Mallett or Locker at 21.

KC could hopefully get Buffalo's 2nd and 3rd round pick in return (draft value swap of 800 points for 810 points). That would give KC picks 34, 55, 68 and 88.

Dicky McElephant
04-20-2011, 10:24 AM
If you want a trade, the best thing for KC would be if Buffalo takes Miller or Dareus with their 1st round pick and then panics and wants Mallett or Locker at 21.

KC could hopefully get Buffalo's 2nd and 3rd round pick in return (draft value swap of 800 points for 810 points). That would give KC picks 34, 55, 68 and 88.

I'm hoping to God that Buffalo or Cincy doesn't take a QB in the 1st round and wants back into the 1st to get Ponder, Locker or Mallet. I know that's a pretty far drop from 21 to 34 or 35 but IMO....the talent in that area is more stacked.

The Poz
04-20-2011, 10:38 AM
Not just the Bills but a shit load of teams will be looking for a QB (Bengals, 49ers, Titans, Seahawks, Redskins, Vikings and Cardinals are all candidates). Guys like Dalton and Kaepernick are being considered as late first rounders. Although the Redskins don't have many picks to offer any of these other teams could make that call.

chiefscafan
04-20-2011, 10:51 AM
I agree can we stop suggesting dorsey. I love Julio jones but too damn expensive to move up. I wish redskins had more picks they really want mallett and would trade back up to our spot. However they only have the second and two 5ths and a pick next year not enough to mOve up to our pick.

Chiefnj2
04-20-2011, 10:54 AM
I'm hoping to God that Buffalo or Cincy doesn't take a QB in the 1st round and wants back into the 1st to get Ponder, Locker or Mallet. I know that's a pretty far drop from 21 to 34 or 35 but IMO....the talent in that area is more stacked.

I really don't see a huge dropoff in talent from 21 to 34. You should still be able to get a WR (Smith, Hankerson, Baldwin) or OLB (Reed, Houston, Sheard, Acho) or decent lineman, plus the early 3rd would be helpful.

chiefscafan
04-20-2011, 11:39 AM
I like the buffalo trade when I used those picks, based on drafttek, we got Brooks Reed as our first pick he is starting to grow on me. Now how bout this trade scenario. What if for some crazy reason Quinn tumbles and he is available at 17. We call our old buddy the pats or would you not make that trade. Better yet what would we have to give up. Quinn and Hali together would be sick it would be like Neil and Derrick back rushing the passer how I miss those days.

Chiefnj2
04-20-2011, 11:41 AM
I like the buffalo trade when I used those picks, based on drafttek, we got Brooks Reed as our first pick he is starting to grow on me. Now how bout this trade scenario. What if for some crazy reason Quinn tumbles and he is available at 17. We call our old buddy the pats or would you not make that trade. Better yet what would we have to give up. Quinn and Hali together would be sick it would be like Neil and Derrick back rushing the passer how I miss those days.

Quinn is too risky to move up and grab. Only 1 year of production, and his numbers came against bad teams.

Saccopoo
04-20-2011, 11:59 AM
Quinn is too risky to move up and grab. Only 1 year of production, and his numbers came against bad teams.

Eh...the guy is explosive and has everything. Watch the highlights of him versus Tony Costanzo. It's a hell of a battle and he shows very well against him. He's not Miller, but he's got the physical tools to be dominant as a pass rusher in either a 4-3 or a 3-4. However, we've got our pass rusher - we need a Sam backer that is effective in dropping back into pass coverage. A guy that you want 4-8 sacks plus the ability/strength to stack the TE and OT as well as drop back and cover backs and ends in the flat. I don't know if you waste Quinn's burst and strength in anything other than pinning his ears back and letting him fly at the QB.

Personally, I think Sam Acho has got the perfect skill set for that LOLB position in a 3-4 that Crennel runs. He's smart, unselfish and has shown he can get to the QB as well as have the athleticism to pull back into coverage. Great work ethic and consummate team player.

I find it mildly amusing that after Hali led the AFC with 14.5 sacks, people still keep suggesting/wanting pure pass rushers for the Chiefs. With a solid NT and a younger, capable LOLB, this is a very good defense. I'll be disappointed if they don't address those specific needs come draft day.

chiefscafan
04-20-2011, 12:04 PM
Yeah ancho is starting to grow on me as well in the senior bowl he blanketed the TE we could use that against gates. Also a bunch he was making the QB hurry. I wouldn't draft him first but second third I wouldn't be opposed to. I am starting to think pioli trades down accquires more picks and finishes off the major foundation of this team.

chiefscafan
04-20-2011, 12:05 PM
Just no LT for me I'm tired of hearing move Albert he is starting to play better each year.

SNR
04-20-2011, 12:07 PM
The only trade UP we would possibly do would be with NE for Pouncey.:Lin:

boogblaster
04-20-2011, 12:07 PM
Get rid of Jackson sumhow .. get the LT from Wisconson ....

SNR
04-20-2011, 12:11 PM
I'll be disappointed if they don't address those specific needs come draft day.I'll be disappointed, but not surprised.

MOAR MIDGETS PLZ!!!11

Saccopoo
04-20-2011, 12:15 PM
I really don't see a huge dropoff in talent from 21 to 34. You should still be able to get a WR (Smith, Hankerson, Baldwin) or OLB (Reed, Houston, Sheard, Acho) or decent lineman, plus the early 3rd would be helpful.

The hope would be that rather than a run on offensive linemen, there is a move up for the remaining quarterbacks such as Ponder, Locker (who has a good shot to go Minnesota at #12), Mallett and Kaepernick.

However, I think that Indy, Baltimore, Philly, New England and Chicago all will be looking at the OT position and all, with the exception of Philly, like to have more athletic tackles versus smash mouth guys. Baltimore and Indianapolis have met with Sherrod numerous times.

If the Chiefs move back, even to the top of the second round, I don't think that any of the top five offensive tackles that would be the best fit for their zone system are going to be available and the guys after that would fit that system are going to have to be a diamond in the rough type player.

If they want to address the OT position with a guy that fits the system, they are most likely going to have to stay at the #21 spot. But, as you stated, if they are looking WR or OLB, then moving back is probably the best way to go.

Saccopoo
04-20-2011, 12:24 PM
Just no LT for me I'm tired of hearing move Albert he is starting to play better each year.

The thing is, with a zone scheme, you want relatively athletic guys on both ends, especially now that NFL defenses are swinging their pass rush and blitzes to both sides of the line. A flexible tackle that has the capability to play either side is really what the Chiefs would want, and there are five guys in this draft that fit that profile:

1. Costanzo
2. Sherrod
3. Solder
4. Carimi
5. Smith

After that, it's kind of a crap shoot in terms of getting a guy who is capable of playing the scheme that the Chiefs run, and it's a strong likelihood that none of these guys are going to be around past pick #29.

As well, Albert has not really gotten better. In fact, he's about the same player as he was in his rookie year as he hasn't shown any real progression in his blocking, particularly in pass protection. It is a position that needs to be looked at, and if you can get a guy in that provides better performance at that critical position, then you do it.

Saccopoo
04-20-2011, 12:26 PM
I'll be disappointed, but not surprised.

MOAR MIDGETS PLZ!!!11

I'm almost convinced that they will pick Jacquizz Rogers in Round 2 to be the power back replacement for Jones. It fits Pioli's drafting history perfectly.

Frankie
04-20-2011, 01:37 PM

I wouldn't mind Pouncey with our 21. But there are other players I equally want with that pick. So if he is gone, oh well. I would not trade up for him. Especially with NE who would most likely come out the winner of the trade.

Frankie
04-20-2011, 01:39 PM

I would love that and have suggested it too. My first pick of the day though (after this trade) would be Reed.

Frankie
04-20-2011, 01:44 PM

This. Also as much as IO like Hali, he combined with Quinn does not quite equal DT+NS, IMO.

kcbubb
04-21-2011, 10:50 AM
The more I look at this the more I think we need to move up or down.

I don't think any of the offensive lineman that will be available are an upgrade over Albert, and I don't want to take a RT with this pick because I think we can get value at that spot later in the draft. No value at WR or NT at 21. And really not much value at OLB. We could probably get close to the same value at OLB at pick #35.

If the Vikings or Redskins target Mallett or Locker, they might be willing to move back to #21 to take one of those guys.

Frankie
04-21-2011, 11:02 AM
If Pioli really IS a GM worth his salt, he'd be salivating at this situation, as I'm sure Belichik is.

Dicky McElephant
04-21-2011, 11:03 AM
The more I look at this the more I think we need to move up or down.

I don't think any of the offensive lineman that will be available are an upgrade over Albert, and I don't want to take a RT with this pick because I think we can get value at that spot later in the draft. No value at WR or NT at 21. And really not much value at OLB. We could probably get close to the same value at OLB at pick #35.

If the Vikings or Redskins target Mallett or Locker, they might be willing to move back to #21 to take one of those guys.

I'm hoping it's Buffalo or Cincy.

Frankie
04-21-2011, 11:20 AM
I'm hoping it's Buffalo or Cincy.

I'm hoping someone with a QB hard-on trades back into the late first and then trades that with us. I've been wanting Brooks Reed under a trade down scenario and now I'm not convinced the Donks wouldn't grab him in the early 2nd. I hate to see us face Dareus and Reed twice a year for a decade plus.

kcbubb
04-21-2011, 12:57 PM
I'm hoping someone with a QB hard-on trades back into the late first and then trades that with us. I've been wanting Brooks Reed under a trade down scenario and now I'm not convinced the Donks wouldn't grab him in the early 2nd. I hate to see us face Dareus and Reed twice a year for a decade plus.

wow. that would be horrible.

Frankie
04-21-2011, 02:07 PM
wow. that would be horrible.

The trade or the scenario of the Donks getting those two players?

BigCatDaddy
04-21-2011, 02:13 PM
The trade or the scenario of the Donks getting those two players?

The latter.

Frankie
04-21-2011, 02:55 PM
The latter.

I think that's another incentive for the Chiefs to grab Reed before them Donks get their grubby hands on him.

Bewbies
04-21-2011, 03:08 PM
LMAO

I don't give a shit what Denver does in the draft. If we get the right guys they don't matter.

Wilson8
04-22-2011, 06:34 AM
http://www.gbnreport.com/2011projection.html

Great Blue North has KC trading with Chicago, so KC would go from 21 to 29 and picking up Chicago's 93rd pick. The trade is OK, but I don't like what they have us doing with the picks. They have us taking NT Phil Taylor at 29, WR Jerrel Jernigan (55), OT James Carpenter (86), and LB Greg Jones (93).

Using their projections of players available, I prefer OT Gabe Carimi (29), C/G Stefen Wisniewski (55), NT Jerrell Powe (86), and WR Edmond Gate (93).

Dicky McElephant
04-22-2011, 11:11 AM
http://www.gbnreport.com/2011projection.html

Great Blue North has KC trading with Chicago, so KC would go from 21 to 29 and picking up Chicago's 93rd pick. The trade is OK, but I don't like what they have us doing with the picks. They have us taking NT Phil Taylor at 29, WR Jerrel Jernigan (55), OT James Carpenter (86), and LB Greg Jones (93).

Using their projections of players available, I prefer OT Gabe Carimi (29), C/G Stefen Wisniewski (55), NT Jerrell Powe (86), and WR Edmond Gate (93).

If we're doing that trade....then I'll take the following for the 1st and 2nd rounds.

29. Gabe Carimi, OT
55. Jonathan Baldwin, WR

I'd then take one of our fifths and try and trade up in the 3rd to grab Sam Acho, OLB. Follow that up with Powe at the end of the 3rd.

MahiMike
04-22-2011, 11:32 AM

ok, so how come he doesn't get a thumbs down for trading w/NE but I do? Does everyone hate Pouncey that much? If so, why? It's the MIDDLE of our line that needs help the most. Wiegmann is 53 this year.

milkman
04-22-2011, 11:38 AM
ok, so how come he doesn't get a thumbs down for trading w/NE but I do? Does everyone hate Pouncey that much? If so, why? It's the MIDDLE of our line that needs help the most. Wiegmann is 53 this year.

To me, you can move Lilja to LG and plug in Asomoah at RG to fix the situation at guard, or at the very least get an idea if we need to address it in the fuure.

What we need most is center, and so far, Pouncey hasn't proven he's capable.

Frankie
04-22-2011, 04:32 PM

How about Zane Taylor in 6 or 7? That is if the right value centers don't come up earlier.

Pasta Giant Meatball
04-22-2011, 04:37 PM
To me, you can move Lilja to LG and plug in Asomoah at RG to fix the situation at guard, or at the very least get an idea if we need to address it in the fuure.

Pretty much. That's why I'm confused with the folks that list guard as a need.

Frankie
04-22-2011, 04:51 PM
Pretty much. That's why I'm confused with the folks that list guard as a need.

It's not an immediate need. But both Lilja and Waters are getting old.

BigCatDaddy
04-22-2011, 05:23 PM
It's not an immediate need. But both Lilja and Waters are getting old.

Lilja won't be 30 until the season if there is one. That's not that old for a guard.

Frankie
04-22-2011, 06:27 PM
Lilja won't be 30 until the season if there is one. That's not that old for a guard.

My bad. I thought he was older.