PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Nfl love for jets and cowgirls get old

ChiefsandO'sfan
04-19-2011, 02:30 PM
TheJetsStream Manish Mehta
by ArrowheadPride
Jets and Giants will NOT play each other in Week 1, per source. NYJ will open vs. Cowboys in primetime on Sunday. #nfl

|Zach|
04-19-2011, 02:32 PM
NFL love for the (insert any primetime matchup not Chiefs) gets old. /cp

milkman
04-19-2011, 02:36 PM

While there's some truth to this, the Cowboys, who have been mediocre or worse for over a decade now, do get far more coverage than they deserve.

SNR
04-19-2011, 02:37 PM
Better than some of the other games they put on last year. Intriguing matchups like Bears/Redskins or Dolphins/Giants did a great job of putting me right to sleep on Sunday nights

|Zach|
04-19-2011, 02:39 PM
Better than some of the other games they put on last year. Intriguing matchups like Bears/Redskins or Dolphins/Giants did a great job of putting me right to sleep on Sunday nights

Yea, this should be a good game.

ChiefsandO'sfan
04-19-2011, 02:42 PM
Got a feeling chiefs open up on monday night vs pats

Demonpenz
04-19-2011, 02:43 PM
I remember in the 90's alt vista was mad slammin with Joe Montana talk

Spott
04-19-2011, 02:48 PM

If that were the case, I hope the lockout lasts past week 1 so we don't have to see us getting blown out on national TV to start the season.

Bane
04-19-2011, 02:48 PM
Yeah let's see how handing the Cowpukes the Lombardi Trophy before the season starts work out this year.
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefsCountry
04-19-2011, 02:50 PM

Doubt it. Chiefs will open at home.
Posted via Mobile Device

Demonpenz
04-19-2011, 02:50 PM
If that were the case, I hope the lockout lasts past week 1 so we don't have to see us getting blown out on national TV to start the season.

we didn't get blown out with Croyle and Thigpen logged in opening day.

ChiefsCountry
04-19-2011, 02:57 PM

Matt Cassel was their QB.
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath58
04-19-2011, 03:18 PM
Wow.

I figured anyone with half a brain would have figured that one of the NY teams would get the Sunday Night game on opening weekend.

It is September 11th, after all.

The Jets are the better of the NY teams, and IIRC, the Giants got the home opener last year.

Not sure why this is such a shock.

Mr. Laz
04-19-2011, 03:44 PM
You are so much more enlightened than the rest of us.

KurtCobain
04-19-2011, 03:50 PM
We just opened up a season a few years ago @ NE doubt it happens again this soon.

Huffman83
04-19-2011, 04:07 PM
I still at least imagine the NE game gets a Monday or Sunday night game. As far as any game that could be "prime time." that's the only one that has anything interesting going for it at a quick glance before the season starts.

loochy
04-19-2011, 04:11 PM

That was back when we had THE POLLARD

|Zach|
04-19-2011, 04:31 PM
You are so much more enlightened than the rest of us.

I don't really feel that way until you make posts like this. LMAO

If you can't see that it wouldn't matter who they put there people would bitch then I don't know what to tell you.

chiefqueen
04-19-2011, 04:35 PM
My prediction Week 1 -

Viqueens vs. KC @ 3:15 on FOX

Rams Fan
04-19-2011, 04:38 PM
Rams get to face Giants in Week 2 on MNF, according to sources.

BRING IT ON.

ChiefsandO'sfan
04-19-2011, 04:39 PM
ArrowheadPride Arrowhead Pride
CSNBayArea.com reports Raiders-Broncos open season in Denver on MNF.

Rams Fan
04-19-2011, 04:44 PM
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that the Giants open vs the 'Skins in Week 1.

SNR
04-19-2011, 04:47 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81f56eb0/article/diamond-dozen-12-games-to-look-forward-to-in-2011?module=HP_headlines

As we get closer to the official release of the NFL schedule at 7 p.m. ET today on NFL Network and NFL.com, here's a look at 12 of the most intriguing matchups of 2011.

Packers at Bears
It's back to the scene of the crime, as this ancient rivalry has been ratcheted up to a new level courtesy of Green Bay's NFC Championship Game victory last season at Soldier Field and QB Jay Cutler's controversial inability to finish the game. Cutler is going to be motivated for revenge and redemption. The Packers just don't want to see any more of Caleb Hanie.

Colts at Saints
Peyton Manning comes home to face the team that kept him from winning his second championship in this rematch of Super Bowl XLIV. He's beloved in New Orleans, but Saints quarterback Drew Brees is king. This could be a thriller featuring two of the NFL's great quarterbacks who have attached their names to the NFLPA's lawsuit against the owners this spring.

Giants at Jets
The Jets technically will be the home team at New Meadowlands Stadium, but will it really make a difference? The crowd could be split by allegiance, but "Ed the Fireman" could hold the swing vote for the Jets.

Packers at Falcons
This will be one of the more heated games all season, because there is a lot of simmering bad blood here. Green Bay didn't like Atlanta's sticking out its chest after beating the Packers in the Georgia Dome during the regular season, so they took physicality and scheming to another level in upsetting top-seeded Atlanta in the playoffs.

Ravens at Steelers
This arguably is the fiercest rivalry in the NFL, so any time these teams meet, anywhere, it gets nasty. The stakes continue to be raised, too. The last meeting at Heinz Field ended with Pittsburgh beating Baltimore in the divisional round of the playoffs.

Cowboys at Jets
Ryan vs. Ryan. Last season, Rob Ryan took Rex to overtime while serving as Cleveland's defensive coordinator, but Rex's Jets emerged victorious when Mark Sanchez threw an overtime touchdown. This time, Rob has a few more pieces to work with -- DeMarcus Ware, Jay Ratliff -- as Cowboys defensive coordinator and could have a little something for his twin. Then again, if Dallas' secondary isn't any better than last season, Rex might get bragging rights again. Well, since he always brags Rob might have to buy dinner after the game.

Eagles at Falcons
Atlanta's worst fear last season was that Michael Vick would lead Philadelphia into the Georgia Dome in the NFC playoffs, and half of the stadium (that might be conservative) would be wearing Vick jerseys. Vick and the Eagles lost to Green Bay in the wild-card round so that drama didn't unfold, but it could when Vick is scheduled to make his first start in the Georgia Dome since he played for the Falcons in 2006.

Chiefs at Patriots
The Chiefs won the AFC West last season, but they'll be tested with a potentially rugged overall schedule in 2011, including this game in Foxborough. Matt Cassel made pretty sizeable strides last season, but his mentor, Tom Brady, is still the standard. The Patriots also were the NFL's only unbeaten team at home last season. This game will mean a lot to Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli, who came from New England in 2009 to take over K.C.

Patriots at Steelers
Tom Brady loves playing in Pittsburgh, where he's won six of seven -- including last season's 39-26 thumping of the Steelers. The Patriots won eight straight, including that mashing of Pittsburgh, before falling to the Jets in the playoffs. The Steelers won six of their remaining seven after that loss and didn't taste defeat again until the Super Bowl.

49ers at Ravens
Brother Bowl Part II. If Jim Harbaugh can get the 49ers to play for him the way John Harbaugh has gotten the Ravens to play for him, we might have a serious throwdown. Forget the Brothers Harbaugh, though. Ray Lewis and Patrick Willis on the same field trying to stop Frank Gore and Ray Rice, respectively, should be something special to watch.(What the fuck? Who gives a fucking shit about coaches who are brothers?)

Giants at Cowboys
The last time these NFC East rivals met in the Jones Mahal (a.k.a. Cowboys Stadium), Tony Romo sustained a season-ending clavicle fracture in Week 7 last year. The Cowboys' fortunes changed from that point. They got better, but not before Wade Phillips was canned in favor of new coach Jason Garrett. Romo gets a chance to not only get some personal revenge, but prove that the Cowboys are better with him on the field.

Bears at Broncos
How gut-wrenching would it be for Broncos fans if Jay Cutler walks into Invesco Field and has a big game in his return to Denver? The Broncos' former franchise quarterback, who forced his way out of town in 2009, is now Chicago's franchise quarterback. And the coach who traded him away, Josh McDaniels, is no longer with the franchise. Funny how things work out sometimes, isn't it?

Rams Fan
04-19-2011, 04:49 PM
According to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, the Packers will open the NFL Regular Season at home vs the Saints.

chiefqueen
04-19-2011, 04:57 PM
Bears - Packers Christmas Day (NOTE: Most games will be play on 12/24 - Sat that week).

Rams Fan
04-19-2011, 04:59 PM
Giants-Jets game, reportedly, is on Christmas Eve.

http://sportsnetny.tumblr.com/post/4754995967/heres-the-giants-2011-schedule

chiefqueen
04-19-2011, 05:02 PM
Giants-Jets game, reportedly, is on Christmas Eve.

Christmas falls on Sun. this year so the games normally on Sun. afternoon will be play Sat. afternoon.

chiefqueen
04-19-2011, 05:05 PM
Rams vs. Giants MNF - WK 2

Rams Fan
04-19-2011, 05:07 PM
Rams vs. Giants MNF - WK 2

As I've said before....;)

Gonna be interesting. Spags makes his regular season return to NYC.

Hopefully, the Rams aren't embarrassed in prime time like they were in Week 17....

Buck
04-19-2011, 05:08 PM
How the fuck are you all finding this? Who should I be following on twitter?

chiefqueen
04-19-2011, 05:11 PM
How the **** are you all finding this? Who should I be following on twitter?

Arrowhead Pride & Google realtime results under "2011 nfl schedule"

Rams Fan
04-19-2011, 05:11 PM
How the fuck are you all finding this? Who should I be following on twitter?

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-04-19/report-packers-to-host-saints-in-nfl-regular-season-opener

Buck
04-19-2011, 05:14 PM
According to some guy at the SD sports radio (XX 1090), the Chargers have 4 primetime games. He guesses @Jets, @Pats, Packers, Chiefs.

SNR
04-19-2011, 05:14 PM
FOX Sports Detroit says the Lions will play the Bears on Monday Night Football.

http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/images/2010/01/SIMON-CONFUSED-GIF.gif

Rams Fan
04-19-2011, 05:16 PM

Suh vs the Bears.

ChiefsCountry
04-19-2011, 05:16 PM

If Stafford is healthy, Lions should be pretty good this year.

SNR
04-19-2011, 05:20 PM
Suh vs the Bears.How about Suh vs anybody?

The Bears are the worst team to watch play in the league

HerculesRockefell
04-19-2011, 05:22 PM
Denver has 2 primetime games that have leaked so far:

Week 1- Raiders @ Broncos on MNF

A Thursday night home game against the Jets in November (not Thanksgiving)

SNR
04-19-2011, 05:22 PM
Denver has 2 primetime games that have leaked so far:

Week 1- Raiders @ Broncos on MNF

A Thursday night home game against the Jets in November (not Thanksgiving)That Thursday night game isn't happening according to some sources. It was incorrectly leaked

HerculesRockefell
04-19-2011, 05:24 PM
That Thursday night game isn't happening according to some sources. It was incorrectly leaked

If so, I'm still surprised the Broncos got a MNF game this year after going 4-12. 20 straight years on MNF, longest active streak.

ChiefsCountry
04-19-2011, 05:28 PM
If so, I'm still surprised the Broncos got a MNF game this year after going 4-12. 20 straight years on MNF, longest active streak.

I'm not. The opening night of MNF needs west coast teams for the 9:15cst time slot. You basically only have 6 choices for that spot, we were an exception last year. Raiders-Denver is a ratings matchup compared to the other shitty teams left SF, Seattle, and Arizona.

ChiefsandO'sfan
04-19-2011, 05:31 PM
ProFootballWkly Pro Football Weekly
Wow. Wouldn't have guessed that. RT @RapSheet Told the #Patriots will open the season on Sept. 12 at the #Dolphins on Monday Night.
2 minutes ago Favorite

Rams Fan
04-19-2011, 05:32 PM
ProFootballWkly Pro Football Weekly
Wow. Wouldn't have guessed that. RT @RapSheet Told the #Patriots will open the season on Sept. 12 at the #Dolphins on Monday Night.
2 minutes ago Favorite

That game doesn't look to appealing...

ChiefsandO'sfan
04-19-2011, 05:39 PM
bobfescoe Bob Fescoe
by ArrowheadPride
This we know #chiefs at #bears week 13 per chi tribune

Rams Fan
04-19-2011, 05:43 PM
Actually, the Pats play 3 of their first 4 games on the road...Tune in to NFL Network @7 for the complete NFL schedule announcement

http://twitter.com/#!/realpatriots

Pasta Giant Meatball
04-19-2011, 05:57 PM

:rolleyes: The same BS was said last year before the monday night game and the Niners were going to deliver "kill shots" in week 3.

-King-
04-19-2011, 06:00 PM
According to some guy at the SD sports radio (XX 1090), the Chargers have 4 primetime games. He guesses @Jets, @Pats, Packers, Chiefs.

You guys earned those games. Winning the division and everything...
Posted via Mobile Device

Rams Fan
04-19-2011, 06:02 PM
Confirmed: Saints vs Packers- Season Opener
Cowboys vs Jets- SNF
Giants vs Jets- MNF
Bears vs Packers- Christmas

Rams Fan
04-19-2011, 06:04 PM
Bills vs Chiefs for the opener.

HerculesRockefell
04-19-2011, 06:05 PM
That Thursday night game isn't happening according to some sources. It was incorrectly leaked

It was right, Week 11 Jets @ Broncos on TNF.

-King-
04-19-2011, 06:05 PM
Bills vs Chiefs for the opener.

The entire schedule already came out brah.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rams Fan
04-19-2011, 06:11 PM
Jesus, Rams have a scary first 6 weeks of the season on paper.

Dylan
04-19-2011, 09:53 PM
Wow.

I figured anyone with half a brain would have figured that one of the NY teams would get the Sunday Night game on opening weekend.

It is September 11th, after all.

The Jets are the better of the NY teams, and IIRC, the Giants got the home opener last year.

Not sure why this is such a shock.

If the NFL wanted to honor the victims of 9/11, which opens the NFL season on the 10th anniversary of the attacks, the Jets would be hosting a prime time game against the Philadelphia Eagles.

The Giants open their season against the Redskins for the fourth consecutive time.

The Pentagon is located in Arlington, Virginia, not Washington, DC.

Curious -- was this in an NFL press release? I saw an article on USA Today online that mentions the NFL and 9/11 -- However, I didn't read past the title.

Dylan
04-19-2011, 10:58 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/incoming/20110419-ns_22cowromo01_3930684.jpg.ece/ALTERNATES/w620/NS_22COWROMO01_3930684.JPG

Dallas Cowboys at New York Jets -- Sunday, Sept. 11 (NBC)

Of note: The Dallas Cowboys will play in six nationally primetime night games.

3 Sunday night games
Monday Night Football
Thanksgiving
Christmas Eve

I like that schedule for them http://planetsmilies.net/not-tagged-smiley-14836.gif

Damn, those 'Boys are big...

chiefqueen
04-19-2011, 11:18 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/incoming/20110419-ns_22cowromo01_3930684.jpg.ece/ALTERNATES/w620/NS_22COWROMO01_3930684.JPG

Dallas Cowboys at New York Jets -- Sunday, Sept. 11 (NBC)

Of note: The Dallas Cowboys will play in six nationally primetime night games.

3 Sunday night games
Monday Night Football
Thanksgiving
Christmas Eve

I like that schedule for them http://planetsmilies.net/not-tagged-smiley-14836.gif

Damn, those 'Boys are big...

The Christmas Eve game is not a primetime game, b/c Christmas falls on Sun this year games normally played on Sun. will be played on Sat. 12/24.

Dylan
04-19-2011, 11:49 PM
The Christmas Eve game is not a primetime game, b/c Christmas falls on Sun this year games normally played on Sun. will be played on Sat. 12/24.

Thanks, I meant Week 15 12/17

Marquee Status LMAO

Week 1: (Sunday night) Cowboys at Jets

Week 3: (Monday night) Redskins at Cowboys

Week 8: (Sunday night) Cowboys at Eagles

Week 12: (Thanksgiving) Dolphins at Cowboys

Week 14: (Sunday night) Giants at Cowboys

Week 15: (Saturday night) Cowboys at Buccaneers

America's team http://planetsmilies.net/not-tagged-smiley-14836.gif