PDA

View Full Version : Which QB Will the Chiefs Pick?

BigCatDaddy
04-20-2011, 11:19 AM
Go on record now. NOT who do you want, but who will we end up with after the draft.

BigCatDaddy
04-20-2011, 11:32 AM
I went with Dalton. We worked that guy out and it's possible he would slip down to our 2nd round pick.

Pestilence
04-20-2011, 11:33 AM
T.J. Yates

talastan
04-20-2011, 11:35 AM
Maybe with Dalton, or we wait until the 4-6th and pick up McElroy. Not that I want him but he seems to be that "Smart" QB that everyone sees Pioli likes picking. Stanzi might be an option as well. JMO though....

SNR
04-20-2011, 11:38 AM
I went with Kaepernick, only because from the reports I've read the Chiefs have shown the most interest in him.

Where they plan on drafting him I don't know. If he's there in the 2nd round, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Chiefs take him.

Dayze
04-20-2011, 11:39 AM
McElroy.

OnTheWarpath58
04-20-2011, 11:41 AM
The better poll might have been to ask WHEN the Chiefs will take a QB.

DeezNutz
04-20-2011, 11:45 AM

Round 5. Shocked if it would be earlier, not if it would be later.

Mr. Laz
04-20-2011, 11:46 AM
yep, imo i doubt it will be before round 4.

Pioli wants no part of any QB draftee that would have expectations of pressuring Cassel.

TrebMaxx
04-20-2011, 11:47 AM
TJ Yates in the later rounds.

BigCatDaddy
04-20-2011, 11:53 AM

Pioli wants no part of any QB draftee that would have expectations of pressuring Cassel.

I don't think he would think that way. He is probably thinking if Cassell goes down with an injury who the hell can we win a game with. Croyle? Palko?

New England has spent a 3rd on a guy for the sole reason of being a backup QB.

Chiefnj2
04-20-2011, 11:54 AM
Stanzi in the 3rd or Yates in the 6th.

BigCatDaddy
04-20-2011, 11:56 AM
Stanzi in the 3rd or Yates in the 6th.

Stanzi in the 3rd seems like something I could see for sure.

OnTheWarpath58
04-20-2011, 11:58 AM
Round 5. Shocked if it would be earlier, not if it would be later.

I agree with both of you, to a degree.

I fully expect it to be in the 5th or later, but I could see us reaching for a guy like Yates or McElroy earlier.

Mr. Laz
04-20-2011, 12:14 PM
I don't think he would think that way. He is probably thinking if Cassell goes down with an injury who the hell can we win a game with. Croyle? Palko?

New England has spent a 3rd on a guy for the sole reason of being a backup QB.If Pioli wasn't think that way we never would of gone into the season with only Cassel/Croyle on the roster and with Palko waiting on-call.

If Pioli wasn't avoiding a QB controversy at all costs he would of had a viable backup on the roster. Croyle can't be counted on to stay healthy.

BigCatDaddy
04-20-2011, 12:20 PM
If Pioli wasn't think that way we never would of gone into the season with only Cassel/Croyle on the roster and with Palko waiting on-call.

If Pioli wasn't avoiding a QB controversy at all costs he would of had a viable backup on the roster. Croyle can't be counted on to stay healthy.

Croyle's rep really took a hit with his horrible performance last year. Now not only do you doubt his ability to stay healthy, now you doubt his talent and ability to win a game. I think you need to have something more then a 5th or 6th round project behind Cassell.

Pestilence
04-20-2011, 12:22 PM
It sucks not having a free agency period. I was hoping that we'd bring in Drew Stanton to backup Cassel.

Direckshun
04-20-2011, 12:49 PM
T.J. Yates

Yup.

Detoxing
04-20-2011, 01:04 PM
Im gonna go with Yates.

Hog Farmer
04-20-2011, 01:11 PM
I voted Stanzi and I think he'll go in the 4th

Direckshun
04-20-2011, 01:12 PM
If Pioli wants Stanzi, he'll have to make a move for him in the 3rd.

I have no doubt that Stanzi's his favorite QB this year, though. But he'll hold off for Yates.

Dave Lane
04-20-2011, 01:40 PM
I'm gonna go Stanzi based on the Iowa connection and Moeaki's recommendation.

ChiefsCountry
04-20-2011, 02:38 PM
Enderlee - for the most part looks exactly what the Patriots have drafted over the years in a QB.

SNR
04-20-2011, 03:13 PM
I'm gonna go Stanzi based on the Iowa connection and Moeaki's recommendation.You should probably stick to astronomy

DA_T_84
04-20-2011, 03:50 PM
I went with Colin K.

chiefscafan
04-22-2011, 10:35 AM
I would say Dalton and Colin k. Dalton could play next year Colin k give him a year under Zorn and watch out. But second rd QB not sure? If we go later definitely Yates or stanzi.

MahiMike
04-22-2011, 10:38 AM
The day before the draft, word gets out that Cam Newton can't even Freakin READ! He falls to us at 21. Haley becomes 1st coach to install cue cards for his play calls...

HotRoute
04-22-2011, 12:56 PM
Stanzi or Devlin late in the draft

BossChief
04-22-2011, 03:22 PM
somebody will trade up to the pick right before us in the third round to take Stanzi. If not, he's a Chief.

Ebolapox
04-22-2011, 03:25 PM
but...but.... MEL FUCKING KIPER SAID HE WUZ A SECOND ROUNDER AND MAYBE FIRST ROUNDER, YEAH? WE GOT FUCKED, MANG!

Tribal Warfare
04-22-2011, 04:12 PM
somebody will trade up to the pick right before us in the third round to take Stanzi. If not, he's a Chief.

It's also dependent on the variable if any teams that want a " 1st round quality" QB or any other player of value would trade with us then KC would stock up on picks to get him.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
04-22-2011, 05:41 PM
Of the quarterbacks available, given my minimal amount of research, I'd be happiest with Dalton.

However, I fully expect him to be gone before the Chiefs pick a QB, so I figured I'd go with Stanzi.

aturnis
04-24-2011, 02:35 AM
but...but.... MEL ****ING KIPER SAID HE WUZ A SECOND ROUNDER AND MAYBE FIRST ROUNDER, YEAH? WE GOT ****ED, MANG!

Yeah, he grades out as a second rounder. Guys fall all the time. Especially when there's a run on a certain position b/c of teams seeing that cupboard becoming bare. OT, or DE? I know DE is deep, that's why I see a bunch of guys going off the board there early.

Dave Lane
04-24-2011, 06:31 AM
You should probably stick to astronomy

I thought Kirk Ferentz and Pioli were like buds or something. Didn't he recommend Moeaki?

Al Bundy
04-24-2011, 09:22 AM
If Pioli wasn't think that way we never would of gone into the season with only Cassel/Croyle on the roster and with Palko waiting on-call.

Thats what I will wonder if the Chiefs don't take a QB high.

BossChief
04-24-2011, 10:03 AM
I thought Kirk Ferentz and Pioli were like buds or something. Didn't he recommend Moeaki?

They used to work together. Ferentz is a "tree" coach and he told Pioli (and a couple other reps of other teams) that Moeaki was the best tight end he ever coached...even after having Dallas Clark.

I told the Planet that info a couple weeks before a whole story was written about it in the star. I have a close friend of the family that works for the athletic program in Iowa city that has told me that and tons of stuff I cant post over the years.

Marco Polo
04-24-2011, 10:42 AM
I have a close friend of the family that works for the athletic program in Iowa city that has told me that and tons of stuff I cant post over the years.

So you have a hook up for tickets? :hmmm: As a lifelong Iowa fan, I can never meet those types of people with those kind of connections, very jealous.

BossChief
04-24-2011, 10:58 AM
So you have a hook up for tickets? :hmmm: As a lifelong Iowa fan, I can never meet those types of people with those kind of connections, very jealous.

I've known him for a long time and only got football tickets from him once. I value the tidbits he gives me from time to time a lot more and I'm the kind of person that won't ask. He offers me basketball tickets a lot, but not football tix

Dave Lane
04-24-2011, 11:03 AM
OK I feel better. When SNR, who's opinions are intelligent and I respect, basically said I didn't know what I was talking about I was concerned there might be factual issues, rather than opinion.

They used to work together. Ferentz is a "tree" coach and he told Pioli (and a couple other reps of other teams) that Moeaki was the best tight end he ever coached...even after having Dallas Clark.

I told the Planet that info a couple weeks before a whole story was written about it in the star. I have a close friend of the family that works for the athletic program in Iowa city that has told me that and tons of stuff I cant post over the years.

SNR
04-24-2011, 11:13 AM
OK I feel better. When SNR, who's opinions are intelligent and I respect, basically said I didn't know what I was talking about I was concerned there might be factual issues, rather than opinion.I just think the "Iowa connection" is way overblown between these two teams. I know every coach has a mole of sorts and I'm just glad that Pioli's is someone like Ferentz and not John Bunting.

But you see the logical extreme with this idea. That means the Chiefs must take an Iowa player in every single draft. Planeteers next year will say "I think the Chiefs take Marvin McNutt because of the Ferentz-Pioli connection". It will be that kind of shit every offseason. And really, it just ain't the case.

I do like Ricky Stanzi and hope we draft him, but I hope we draft him because he's a bright kid with a great learning curve, who could really excel with Zorn and Haley and not because Pioli used to fuck Ferentz's wife before Kirk did or whatever the hell that connection is

BossChief
04-24-2011, 11:42 AM
I was really hoping McNutt was gonna come out this year.

He should be a huge sleeper in next years draft, if he doesn't blow up stat wise next year likely being the #1 target.

He would have been the other guy I hoped we would draft. I like Clayborn, Ballard and Sash but don't think need/value matches up well for them as possible picks for us as they will go too high.

McNutt and Stanzi would have a place on this team.

DeezNutz
04-24-2011, 11:44 AM
I just think the "Iowa connection" is way overblown between these two teams. I know every coach has a mole of sorts and I'm just glad that Pioli's is someone like Ferentz and not John Bunting.

But you see the logical extreme with this idea. That means the Chiefs must take an Iowa player in every single draft. Planeteers next year will say "I think the Chiefs take Marvin McNutt because of the Ferentz-Pioli connection". It will be that kind of shit every offseason. And really, it just ain't the case.

I do like Ricky Stanzi and hope we draft him, but I hope we draft him because he's a bright kid with a great learning curve, who could really excel with Zorn and Haley and not because Pioli used to **** Ferentz's wife before Kirk did or whatever the hell that connection is

I was pissed when Mike Anderson let McNutt get out of the state of MO.

BossChief
04-24-2011, 11:50 AM

He would have been just what Gabbert needed in crucial situations. Whenever we needed a big first down or a "respond score" he was almost always the guy that made the play we really needed. Dude always finds ways to get open, has glue for hands, is very clutch, has size, knows how to get his feet down and is a great teammate.

If he decided to come out for this draft, I would be talking him up constantly because I really like him and think he would ve perfect for our need.

SNR
04-24-2011, 12:08 PM
LMAO

Maybe I should just bookmark my post right now for 2012 mock draft season and post the link every time the pick comes up

Chris Meck
04-24-2011, 12:09 PM
McElroy. Smart, decent arm, team captain on a high ranked team, ran a pro set offense in the SEC. Tailor made. Doesn't have the huge stats because he ran a balanced offense with Ingram in the backfield.

SNR
04-24-2011, 12:12 PM
I just noticed that I could have voted for "Jack Locker"

chiefsnorth
04-24-2011, 12:15 PM
I would be surprised if we took one before the later rounds. I think it would undermine Cassel and they still have wavered on him being the guy.

DeezNutz
04-24-2011, 12:30 PM
LMAO

Maybe I should just bookmark my post right now for 2012 mock draft season and post the link every time the pick comes up

And send it to Frank Haith while you're at it.

BossChief
04-24-2011, 12:34 PM
I would be surprised if we took one before the later rounds. I think it would undermine Cassel and they still have wavered on him being the guy.

Kevin Oconnell

MDHQ
04-24-2011, 03:54 PM
I voted for TJ Yates. Will be a cheap developmental QB

Deberg_1990
04-24-2011, 04:03 PM
Stanzi

Hes got the "Bellechek mafia" connection with Ferentz

milkman
04-24-2011, 04:07 PM
Stanzi

Hes got the "Bellechek mafia" connection with Ferentz

:banghead:

SNR
04-24-2011, 05:42 PM
Stanzi

Hes got the "Bellechek mafia" connection with FerentzWell, we know SOMEone hasn't been reading the thread

Hog Farmer
04-24-2011, 07:48 PM
Vikings | Have worked out Ricky Stanzi
Sun, 24 Apr 2011 12:41:14 -0700

The Minnesota Vikings have conducted a private workout with University of Iowa QB Ricky Stanzi, reports Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz1KUm0Isdz

Hog Farmer
04-24-2011, 07:49 PM
[QUOTE=Hog Farmer;7588671]Vikings | Have worked out Ricky Stanzi

The Minnesota Vikings have conducted a private workout with University of Iowa QB Ricky Stanzi, reports Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune

And they currently have the 11th selection in RD 2

Vikings | Have looked into trading back into first round
Sun, 24 Apr 2011 11:37:17 -0700

The Minnesota Vikings have looked into the possibility of trading back into the first round to take a quarterback if they do not take one with their original first-round selection, reports Dan Pompei, of NationalFootballPost.com.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz1KUmWjDe1

OskaloosaChief
04-24-2011, 08:52 PM

You guys do realize that McNutt came to Iowa as a QB, right? Jake Christensen was our QB and Stanzi and McNutt were battling to be his backup. Stanzi ultimately won the backup job (and eventually beat out Christensen for the starting job), so Ferentz had McNutt switch to WR. Brilliant move because McNutt's one of the best WR's in the Big Ten now.

keg in kc
04-25-2011, 04:45 AM
[QUOTE=Hog Farmer;7588671]Vikings | Have worked out Ricky Stanzi

And they currently have the 11th selection in RD 2

Vikings | Have looked into trading back into first round
Sun, 24 Apr 2011 11:37:17 -0700

The Minnesota Vikings have looked into the possibility of trading back into the first round to take a quarterback if they do not take one with their original first-round selection, reports Dan Pompei, of NationalFootballPost.com.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz1KUmWjDe1Please god, trade us a 2012 first rounder for that future career backup.

factortobe
04-25-2011, 05:08 AM
rochambeau I think Pat Devlin as a late rounder he's better than Palko

Hog Farmer
04-25-2011, 06:57 PM
rochambeau I think Pat Devlin as a late rounder he's better than Palko

Who the fuck is Pat Devlin ?

SNR
04-25-2011, 07:26 PM
Who the fuck is Pat Devlin ?
The next Joe Flacco

Gadzooks
04-25-2011, 07:31 PM
The next Joe Flacco

I thought Nick Fairley was the next Flacco.

keg in kc
04-25-2011, 08:02 PM
I'm still waiting for Joe Flacco to be the next joe Flacco.

factortobe
04-25-2011, 08:52 PM
Devlin looks the part of an NFL quarterback with his great height and build. Has a quick, over-the-top delivery without wasted movement. Has enough arm strength to make all the NFL throws. Shows excellent accuracy on go routes and fades. Flashes the ability to make sound adjustments, work through his progressions, and hit his third or fourth option rochambeau

Al Bundy
04-25-2011, 09:21 PM
The Chiefs SHOULD draft Ryan Mallett.

DTLB58
04-26-2011, 11:58 PM
You guys do realize that McNutt came to Iowa as a QB, right? Jake Christensen was our QB and Stanzi and McNutt were battling to be his backup. Stanzi ultimately won the backup job (and eventually beat out Christensen for the starting job), so Ferentz had McNutt switch to WR. Brilliant move because McNutt's one of the best WR's in the Big Ten now.

And I think he will look sweet in RED and GOLD starting in 2012 :thumb:

DTLB58
04-27-2011, 12:13 AM

I agree, I think Pioli thinks there are to many other important areas to improve on this team to build around to help make Cassel successful than to draft his predecessor.

Therefore, taking one of these guys early in rounds 1-2 when you are gonna need to grab one, the Chiefs will be focusing on NT,WR,LB ect...

Hoping there is someone to pickup in free agency (if it happens) to back up Cassel better than what Brodie did last season.

I'm not against drafting a QB early just saying what I believe they will do.

ChiefMojo
04-27-2011, 02:15 PM
I think Stanzi would be perfect, but I think we will take someone like Tolzien in the backside of the draft.