PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues LOL@ Westboro FAIL

Silock
04-20-2011, 02:45 PM
http://thehayride.com/2011/04/westboro-baptist-church-goes-to-mississippi-and-loses/

On Saturday USMC Staff Sgt. Jason Rogers, who was killed in action in Afghanistan April 7, was buried in Brandon, Mississippi.

That, by itself, is a sadly unremarkable – though certainly noteworthy and solemn – occasion for us to mark.

And in fact when Sgt. Rogers’ body returned to Brandon it was greeted by hundreds, or perhaps even thousands, of well-wishers who gathered at the roadside to honor the fallen American hero. The dashboard camera from Mississippi state trooper Elmo Townsend’s cruiser gives an indication of the scene last Thursday.

What is most notable about Sgt. Rogers’ funeral in Brandon, however, is what didn’t happen.

You see, the troglodytes from Westboro Baptist Church had threatened to spew their poison at Sgt. Rogers’ funeral.

But the Westboro mob wasn’t on the scene, and Sgt. Rogers was laid to rest without incident – thank God.

Why weren’t there protestors?

Planning ahead by the locals, as it turns out.

From an Ole Miss sports message board, a tidbit of information…
Quote:

A couple of days before, one of them (Westboro protestors) ran his mouth at a Brandon gas station and got his arse waxed. Police were called and the beaten man could not give much of a description of who beat him. When they canvassed the station and spoke to the large crowd that had gathered around, no one seemed to remember anything about what had happened.

Rankin County handled this thing perfectly. There were many things that were put into place that most will never know about and at great expense to the county.

Most of the morons never made it out of their hotel parking lot. It seems that certain Rankin county pickup trucks were parked directly behind any car that had Kansas plates in the hotel parking lot and the drivers mysteriously disappeared until after the funeral was over. Police were called but their wrecker service was running behind and it was going to be a few hours before they could tow the trucks so the Kansas plated cars could get out.

A few made it to the funeral but were ushered away to be questioned about a crime they might have possibly been involved in. Turns out, after a few hours of questioning, that they were not involved and they were allowed to go on about their business.

Fred Phelps, the disbarred lawyer and Democrat activist who leads the Westboro congregation, will undoubtedly pursue some form of legal action for the way his people were thwarted in Brandon. Let him try. There isn’t a jury in Mississippi which will see things his way.

This is a template for how to handle the Westboro people. If lawsuits don’t work, other means will. Whatever it takes to keep them from harassing bereaved military families on the day their fallen loved ones are laid to rest.

Detoxing
04-20-2011, 02:52 PM
Awesome

KC Dan
04-20-2011, 02:53 PM
That is real freedom in action

Donger
04-20-2011, 02:57 PM
My, my. What a shame.

TrebMaxx
04-20-2011, 02:58 PM
Way to go citizens of Brandon, Mississippi. I applaud you.

Fish
04-20-2011, 02:58 PM
Brought a tear to my eye.....

dirk digler
04-20-2011, 03:00 PM
LMAO Awesome..To bad the guy that got beat up didn't get a dirt nap as well

ClevelandBronco
04-20-2011, 03:11 PM
High marks for inventiveness, but I find it difficult to applaud when anyone in Mississippi of all places starts playing fast and loose with civil rights.

BucEyedPea
04-20-2011, 03:15 PM

I liked their vehicles being blocked. I thought that was clever. I don't condone the physical violence though. Not that I feel sorry for the dude who got beaten, but we don't need a wave of physically violent vigilante justice because of words or protesting which is a right in this country anymore than it was right when committed on blacks at one time.

RedNeckRaider
04-20-2011, 03:18 PM
High marks for inventiveness, but I find it difficult to applaud when anyone in Mississippi of all places starts playing fast and loose with civil rights.

Screw those shitbags, but you are right...Mississippi taking the high ground on anything is pretty rich~

chiefsnorth
04-20-2011, 03:21 PM
Normally I think we should ignore these idiots and not even create forum threads about them for giving them free publicity, but at least this one was nice.

It would have been fun to get a few licks in if you'd been at the gas station.

RedNeckRaider
04-20-2011, 03:24 PM
I liked their vehicles being blocked. I thought that was clever. I don't condone the physical violence though. Not that I feel sorry for the dude who got beaten, but we don't need a wave of physically violent vigilante justice because of words or protesting which is a right in this country anymore than it was right when committed on blacks at one time.

I disagree EVERYONE of them needs dead and a beating is the least of what they deserve. I understand the "rights" and all that goes with it so please do not waste time trying to educate me on things I already know and understand. They have the right to do what they do but when I read one of them got their head kicked in it makes me happy. One day I will read one or more of them were killed and that will make me much happier~

BucEyedPea
04-20-2011, 03:25 PM
Because homicide or murder really improves things. :thumb:

BucEyedPea
04-20-2011, 03:27 PM
I disagree EVERYONE of them needs dead and a beating is the least of what they deserve.
That's spoken like a real red neck.

I understand the "rights" and all that goes with it so please do not waste time trying to educate me me on things I already know and understand. They have the right to do what they do but when I read one of them got their head kicked in it makes me happy. One day I will read one or more of them were killed and that will make me much happier~

Did I say I felt sorry for the beaten up guy? Nope.

teedubya
04-20-2011, 03:28 PM
Love it. This is hilarious. Great job.

RedNeckRaider
04-20-2011, 03:39 PM
That's spoken like a real red neck.

Did I say I felt sorry for the beaten up guy? Nope.

Yeah cause the real world works great for copy and paste internet people in their factious SAFE ivory towers. When you have felt the the sting of war on a personal level maybe you may come down a couple rungs from your safe keyboard created tower. For ANYONE to attack those who are willing to die and often do for our freedom and the rights these pricks use well count me in on those who have NO MERCY for them. If me saying something like that makes you not like me...well girl I am completely comfortable with that~

BucEyedPea
04-20-2011, 03:43 PM
Yeah cause the real world works great for copy and paste internet people in their factious SAFE ivory towers. When you have felt the the sting of war on a personal level maybe you may come down a couple rungs from your safe keyboard created tower. For ANYONE to attack those who are willing to die and often do for our freedom and the rights these pricks use well count me in on those who have NO MERCY for them. If me saying something like that makes you not like me...well girl I am completely comfortable with that~

I didn't say I didn't like you. I don't know about the freedom point your are adding either. Or what my keyboard has to do with it or my position on the wars.
I just thought it was red necky to want to actually kill them over it. Blocking their vehicles accomplished what was needed to be done without killing anyone. That afterall, is the point.

Rain Man
04-20-2011, 03:51 PM

Yeah, I would agree with this. It seems like they're two separate incidents, one being rather uncivilized and the other being clever. I hope other citizens in other cities do this to them in the future.

Donger
04-20-2011, 03:53 PM
Yeah, I would agree with this. It seems like they're two separate incidents, one being rather uncivilized and the other being clever. I hope other citizens in other cities do this to them in the future.

Sure, but I'm pretty sure that there's only one clever guy in Mississippi.

BucEyedPea
04-20-2011, 03:53 PM

That would be awesome and fun to watch too! :thumb:

RedNeckRaider
04-20-2011, 03:54 PM
I didn't say I didn't like you. I don't know about the freedom point your are adding either. Or what my keyboard has to do with it or my position on the wars.
I just thought it was red necky to want to kill them over it. Blocking their vehicles accomplished what was needed to be done without killing anyone. That afterall, is the point.

These scum have desecrated funerals of several troops. As far as the freedom I spoke of is every fucking freedom you and I enjoy. It is because of people who have chosen to stand the line. Politics and bullshit aside they man a weapon and were and are willing to trade lives with anyone who threatens us. So yeah I look at it like a redneck. It damn sure should not have taken a search engine to figure that out~

BucEyedPea
04-20-2011, 03:59 PM
These scum have desecrated funerals of several troops. As far as the freedom I spoke of is every ****ing freedom you and I enjoy. It is because of people who have chosen to stand the line. Politics and bullshit aside they man a weapon and were and are willing to trade lives with anyone who threatens us. So yeah I look at it like a redneck. It damn sure should not have taken a search engine to figure that out~

Look I understand this gets you hot-under-the collar and angry. Those are emotional reactions and I don't think it's entirely invalid. But I am not interested in this getting ugly. I really didn't want this to get into a freedom argument but since you brought it up again: How can you claim to be defending our freedoms when protesting and free speech are some of those freedoms—even when offensive?

That is IF you buy the state's line that the current wars are protecting our freedom or that they do alone. ( I will tell you I don't. It's supposed to protect us from attacks by fighting terrorists over there and I am not even sure about that, but it's another argument for another time.) I think you and I defend our freedoms too by speaking up when a freedom is threatened. The 2nd amendment does it too. The first right is the right to life and it is inalienable. No one has to right to lose it without due process. No one has the right to take another life except in physical self defense. That's how I view this.

BTW these guys were planning on protesting at Liz Taylor's funeral because of her work with gays and aids even. She's not fighting in the military.

ClevelandBronco
04-20-2011, 04:02 PM
Look I understand this gets you hot under the collar. I am not interested in this getting ugly. I really didn't want this to get into a freedom argument but since you brought it up again: How can you claim to be defending our freedoms when protesting and free speech are some of those freedoms—even when offensive? That is IF you buy the state's line that the current wars are protecting our freedom or that they do alone. ( I will tell you I don't. It's supposed to protect us from attacks by fighting terrorists over there and I am not even sure about that, but it's another argument for another time.) I think you and I defend our freedoms too by speaking up when a freedom is threatened. The 2nd amendment does it too.

BTW these guys were planning on protesting at Liz Taylor's funeral because of her work with gays and aids even. She's not fighting in the military.

She fail the physical?

Pitt Gorilla
04-20-2011, 04:03 PM
It's a good rule in general for cars with Kansas plates. :)

RedNeckRaider
04-20-2011, 04:07 PM
Look I understand this gets you hot under the collar. I am not interested in this getting ugly. I really didn't want this to get into a freedom argument but since you brought it up again: How can you claim to be defending our freedoms when protesting and free speech are some of those freedoms—even when offensive? That is IF you buy the state's line that the current wars are protecting our freedom or that they do alone. ( I will tell you I don't. It's supposed to protect us from attacks by fighting terrorists over there and I am not even sure about that, but it's another argument for another time.) I think you and I defend our freedoms too by speaking up when a freedom is threatened. The 2nd amendment does it too.

If you read my posts you can see I am and willing to defend their rights and freedoms. That said I also would not only be pleased by their any of their deaths, I would have to remove myself from any jury because my personal prejudice would prevent me from being impartial~

BucEyedPea
04-20-2011, 05:10 PM
If you read my posts you can see I am and willing to defend their rights and freedoms. That said I also would not only be pleased by their any of their deaths, I would have to remove myself from any jury because my personal prejudice would prevent me from being impartial~

I understand how you feel about all that.

Jaric
04-20-2011, 05:31 PM

Just because you believe in someone's right to say something, doesn't mean you have to get upset when exercising that right gets them beat the fuck up by a private citizen.

I don't generally support vigilante justice (except for Batman. I trust him) but at the same time, what do these Westboro people expect? You can't make yourself as big a spectacle as they have over such an emotional issue and not expect someone to resort to violence. And the truth is, a lot of people won't give a shit because they brought it on themselves.

Rain Man
04-20-2011, 05:35 PM
I don't think anyone would particularly feel bad for the Westboro folks to take a big ol' vigilante beating. It doesn't mean we should condone it, because they're unfortunately operating within the law, but we can say, "wow, what an unfortunate occurrence" while chuckling.

mlyonsd
04-20-2011, 05:40 PM
I don't think anyone would particularly feel bad for the Westboro folks to take a big ol' vigilante beating. It doesn't mean we should condone it, because they're unfortunately operating within the law, but we can say, "wow, what an unfortunate occurrence" while chuckling.What beating?

Chocolate Hog
04-20-2011, 05:41 PM
Treat these douchebags with violence that'll get rid of them.

Saul Good
04-20-2011, 05:48 PM
Just because you believe in someone's right to say something, doesn't mean you have to get upset when exercising that right gets them beat the fuck up by a private citizen.

I don't generally support vigilante justice (except for Batman. I trust him) but at the same time, what do these Westboro people expect? You can't make yourself as big a spectacle as they have over such an emotional issue and not expect someone to resort to violence. And the truth is, a lot of people won't give a shit because they brought it on themselves.

If I'm understanding her position correctly, she doesn't feel sorry for the person who received the beating. She just feels that those doing the beating were wrong, and I agree.

If I were a judge, I would convict the person who administered the beating. That said, it would be as light a sentence as possible, and I would have to be REALLY REALLY REALLY convinced that the person was guilty. REALLY convinced.

RedNeckRaider
04-20-2011, 05:50 PM
I don't think anyone would particularly feel bad for the Westboro folks to take a big ol' vigilante beating. It doesn't mean we should condone it, because they're unfortunately operating within the law, but we can say, "wow, what an unfortunate occurrence" while chuckling.
Easy we might mess up our chances to go to heaven with Santa Claus...err...Jesus~

BucEyedPea
04-20-2011, 06:05 PM

This would just be recognizing that karma operates at another level.

My concern is copy cats and it spreading. Someone will eventually get caught and they will lose their freedom—just to feel right about something. I personally don't see that being worth it, especially if you think these guys are defending our freedoms, but I guess some might.

BucEyedPea
04-20-2011, 06:08 PM
Just because you believe in someone's right to say something, doesn't mean you have to get upset when exercising that right gets them beat the **** up by a private citizen.

If you think I'm "upset" about the guy getting beat up you need to re-read my posts. I don't feel bad for him—at all.
Can't someone just make a point about that part of the matter or disagree without someone assuming there is some "upset." That is quite a jump.
There is such a thing as hurting one's cause or oneself, by committing a crime, too. That's just trying to be right at any cost.

Dave Lane
04-20-2011, 06:20 PM

I wouldn't remove myself. And the defendant walks period.

Dave Lane
04-20-2011, 06:25 PM
And I loved this in the article:

Fred Phelps, the disbarred lawyer and Democrat activist

Yeah I'll bet he's a Democrat :) ROFL

FOX must have written this story

ChiefsCountry
04-20-2011, 06:37 PM

He is douchebag. He has ran several times on the Democratic ticket in Kansas for offices. But just keep being your douchebag self.

kaplin42
04-20-2011, 06:41 PM
http://thehayride.com/2011/04/westboro-baptist-church-goes-to-mississippi-and-loses/

When they canvassed the station and spoke to the large crowd that had gathered around, no one seemed to remember anything about what had happened.

One of the best parts of the story. I would come down with a sudden case of amnesia as well.

Jaric
04-20-2011, 06:45 PM
If you think I'm "upset" about the guy getting beat up you need to re-read my posts. I don't feel bad for him—at all.
Can't someone just make a point about that part of the matter or disagree without someone assuming there is some "upset." That is quite a jump.
There is such a thing as hurting one's cause or oneself, by committing a crime, too. That's just trying to be right at any cost.

I wasn't talking to you. My post was 100% in response to the post that RedNeckRaider made. I understand you were having a conversation with him also so I see where the confusion came up. I was simply pointing out I understood what he was saying because it sounds like his position is fairly similar to mine. (assuming I have understood him correctly.)

In fact, to be perfectly honest, I haven't really been reading your posts until you addressed me directly. Nothing personal.

Jaric
04-20-2011, 06:46 PM

Democrats can hate gay people too.

BucEyedPea
04-20-2011, 06:48 PM
I wasn't talking to you. My post was 100% in response to the post that RedNeckRaider made. I understand you were having a conversation with him also so I see where the confusion came up. I was simply pointing out I understood what he was saying because it sounds like his position is fairly similar to mine. (assuming I have understood him correctly.)

In fact, to be perfectly honest, I haven't really been reading your posts until you addressed me directly. Nothing personal.

Actually, the confusion came up, for me anyway, when Saul Good quoted you and explained my point, which he did an accurate job of. So I went and checked to see where you said it as I returned here reading the thread from the end backwards and hadn't seen your post yet. To be honest I was bit baffled but I thought it was in reference to me only because of the two posts on it. Otherwise I would have taken it as you meant.

Garcia Bronco
04-20-2011, 07:17 PM

He also used to work for Al Gore.

sorry

Garcia Bronco
04-20-2011, 07:18 PM
Kansas...take out your trash...you know what you need to do.

go bowe
04-20-2011, 07:44 PM
In fact, to be perfectly honest, I haven't really been reading your posts until you addressed me directly. Nothing personal.LMAO LMAO LMAO

Dave Lane
04-20-2011, 07:49 PM
He is douchebag. He has ran several times on the Democratic ticket in Kansas for offices. But just keep being your douchebag self.

Yeah I'm thinking here.

God and jesus Check
Hates Obama Check
Hates Gays Check
Quotes Scripture like
a crazy person Check

Yep pretty much your run of the mill Democrat

chasedude
04-20-2011, 07:57 PM
Reminds me of the McElroy thing in Skidmore. Only he's dead.

go bowe
04-20-2011, 07:57 PM
Yeah I'm thinking here.

God and jesus Check
Hates Obama Check
Hates Gays Check
Quotes Scripture like
a crazy person Check

that's what i was thinking too...

typical liberal, for sure...

BigMeatballDave
04-20-2011, 08:00 PM
What beating?"Arse Waxed" = Beating

Garcia Bronco
04-20-2011, 08:08 PM
Yeah I'm thinking here.

God and jesus Check
Hates Obama Check
Hates Gays Check
Quotes Scripture like
a crazy person Check

He didn't say liberal. He said "Democrat", which can be liberal or not.

headsnap
04-20-2011, 08:35 PM

LOL

Truth hurts...

Radar Chief
04-20-2011, 10:08 PM

:facepalm: Urine idiot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_phelps

Fat Elvis
04-20-2011, 10:09 PM

Phelps is indeed a Democrat. He was also a civil rights activist. In the past, he has even won awards from the NAACP.

Before you get too incredulous, I am a registered Democrat.

I just think the guy went off the deep end.

Pitt Gorilla
04-20-2011, 10:13 PM
LOL

Truth hurts...KAAAAY-YU-YU

http://bethwellington.files.wordpress.com/2006/01/pastor-fred-phelps-001.jpg?w=300&h=180

Dave Lane
04-20-2011, 10:15 PM
Phelps is indeed a Democrat. He was also a civil rights activist. In the past, he has even won awards from the NAACP.

Before you get too incredulous, I am a registered Democrat.

I just think the guy went off the deep end.

So the disbarred verb applies to the lawyer AND Democrat noun. Ok now I got it.

Rain Man
04-20-2011, 10:25 PM
What beating?

Exactly. I never read anything about a beating. Did you?

I didn't think so.

go bowe
04-20-2011, 10:42 PM
you know, i would really like to not give fred a beating...

i would not want to break his nose and remove his ears and stuff them up his ass...

i so would not do that but if i did, i'm pretty sure nobody would see me...

PhillyChiefFan
04-21-2011, 05:08 AM
bout time.

BucEyedPea
04-21-2011, 06:44 AM
Exactly. I never read anything about a beating. Did you?

I didn't think so.
I think you may be being sarcastic as in acting like the players in the article?
Well, just in case.

From the originally posted article:
A couple of days before, one of them (Westboro protestors) ran his mouth at a Brandon gas station and got his arse waxed. Police were called and the beaten man could not give much of a description of who beat him.

Definition stems from "wax that ass" which has three meanings, two sexual:

Intending to beat someone horribly

"Yo Jake, Im about to wax that ass in Madden"
"Bring it on man"
or
"Dude you just waxxed that ass"

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wax%20that%20ass

dirk digler
04-21-2011, 07:10 AM
Because homicide or murder really improves things. :thumb:

Some times it does

tooge
04-21-2011, 07:16 AM
that is awesome

headsnap
04-21-2011, 07:35 AM
Some times it does

http://images.dvdsetshop.com/Upload/uploadfiles/dexter.jpg

BucEyedPea
04-21-2011, 07:54 AM
Some times it does

Only if it's used on you to make it stop. Otherwise, it will eventually get you in trouble. It backfires.

Mr. Kotter
04-21-2011, 07:56 AM
Friggin' hilarious.... LMAO

The perfect solution.

Rain Man
04-21-2011, 08:38 AM
I think you may be being sarcastic as in acting like the players in the article?
Well, just in case.

From the originally posted article:

What article? I didn't see any article.

chasedude
04-21-2011, 11:13 AM
Some times it does

See the McElroy murder in Skidmore, MO

Town bully the law couldn't do nothing about. Someone shot him in town and the residents knew what happened but never said a word.

Chief Faithful
04-21-2011, 12:33 PM

To be this surprised you have to be swallowing whole the Democrat talking points of the last few years. You need to change the channel.

vailpass
04-21-2011, 03:54 PM
Cool if true.

RedNeckRaider
04-21-2011, 05:04 PM
To be this surprised you have to be swallowing whole the Democrat talking points of the last few years. You need to change the channel.

LMAO rep~

Radar Chief
04-22-2011, 07:51 AM

I take it you've never met Dave Loon before?

Radar Chief
04-22-2011, 07:53 AM
Cool if true.

Yea, "if true". Sounds a bit fantastic.

morphius
04-22-2011, 07:56 AM

Read up on him.

I've known some racist die hard democrats.

acesn8s
04-23-2011, 03:18 AM

Pretty good reporting regardless of the source.

Phelps has run in various Kansas Democratic Party primaries five times, but has never won. These included races for governor in 1990, 1994, and 1998, receiving about 15% of the vote in 1998. In the 1992 Democratic Party primary for U.S. Senate, Phelps received 31% of the vote Phelps ran for mayor of Topeka in 1993 and 1997.

Dumbass

tmax63
04-23-2011, 07:55 AM
I'm shocked that there is that much COMMON SENSE still in the world today anywhere and I'm glad Mississippi showed everyone else that there is. Too bad the Feds will probably be breathing down the town's neck for the next few months/years trying intimidate the "locals" into fessing up and solving this "hate" crime.

Bowser
04-23-2011, 11:14 AM
Just read this. Definitely the feel good story of the day.

Pitt Gorilla
04-23-2011, 11:16 AM
I'm shocked that there is that much COMMON SENSE still in the world today anywhere and I'm glad Mississippi showed everyone else that there is. Too bad the Feds will probably be breathing down the town's neck for the next few months/years trying intimidate the "locals" into fessing up and solving this "hate" crime.I doubt it.

stevieray
04-23-2011, 11:25 AM

c'mon Saul, I'm not THIS stupid.

go bowe
04-23-2011, 11:26 AM
I take it you've never met Dave Loon before?
obviously not...

LiveSteam
04-23-2011, 07:22 PM
Id like to see Fred & his minion. Protest the funeral of a fallen son of a Hells Angel, Dirty Dozen.,Sons of silence. ect. Vigilante justice would be severed. & that would be that,for old Fred.