PDA

View Full Version : What would be your reaction?

Dicky McElephant
04-20-2011, 04:54 PM
The Chiefs are on the clock at #21 and Roger Goodell walks up to the podium.

The Kansas City Chiefs select Colin Kaepernick, QB, University of Nevada.

How do you react?

This thread is based off of the rumor that an AFC West team has CK as their #1 QB. Assuming that means its the Raiders, Broncos and Chiefs.

BigCatDaddy
04-20-2011, 04:56 PM
I applaud any effort to upgrade QB if they think they have the right guy. I would like it.

You could tell me Dalton, Ponder, or Mallett and I would be just as happy.

Dicky McElephant
04-20-2011, 04:57 PM
I applaud any effort to upgrade QB if they think they have the right guy. I would like it.

Is that with any QB in the 1st round?

SNR
04-20-2011, 05:05 PM
My jaw would drop to the floor. But after I gathered it up, I would be pretty happy about it.

I don't think he'll be available later in the draft, and if he's THE guy that the Chiefs want, I'll accept that.

I think he'll need time on the bench, but that eventually he could be a top NFL QB

OnTheWarpath58
04-20-2011, 05:07 PM
I'd rather them take a chance on a 1st round QB and fail than to keep trotting out late rounders expecting them to become something they're not.

Urc Burry
04-20-2011, 05:09 PM
I would punch a hole in the wall

Detoxing
04-20-2011, 05:10 PM
I'd rather them take a chance on a 1st round QB and fail than to keep trotting out late rounders expecting them to become something they're not.

Sure, if you believe he's actually worth a 1st rnd pick.

I'd be rather "meh" about it.

doomy3
04-20-2011, 05:23 PM
I think it would be pretty awesome.

Kaepernick is definitely pretty raw, but he is very inteligent and has incredible tangibles. Draft him, let him sit a year or two and you could have a very, very good QB. I would be great with it, especially since it isn't like there are going to be a bunch of guys sitting there at 21 who don't have at least some question marks.

ChiefsCountry
04-20-2011, 05:48 PM
Don't like him at all.

BigCatDaddy
04-20-2011, 06:24 PM
Is that with any QB in the 1st round?

Any QB that Hailey, Zorn, and Pioli thinks warrant a 1st round pick I would support.

Bewbies
04-20-2011, 06:29 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2xTqUEhWYsI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bump
04-20-2011, 06:38 PM
I'd say FUCK YA!!!!!!!!

but not because I think he will be a great QB, because I know nothing about him, but just because that would be one step closer to the end of the Cassel era.

the Talking Can
04-20-2011, 06:48 PM
well, thrilled that we finally tried

even though of course we end up doing it when i know jack squat about the player...

and i think the chances of it happening are less than 0

DA_T_84
04-20-2011, 06:54 PM
He's fast as shit, he's smart as shit, has a decent arm, and came through clutch late in a huge game (Boise St.).

I say, why not? If not now, when?

Backup/Developmental QB is a very serious need for our team. One step closer to becoming a complete team. This position typically is not easily acquired through FA, so we may as well do it now.

Mr. Laz
04-20-2011, 06:55 PM
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/5231/fuuuu.gif (http://img132.imageshack.us/i/fuuuu.gif/)

SNR
04-20-2011, 07:21 PM
Amusing that Knowmo is bagging on Kaepernick when the same problems he has are Tebow's problems... only not as bad.

Chiefs=Good
04-20-2011, 07:35 PM
It would mean, that the team has little faith in Cassel. Which would be awesome!

milkman
04-20-2011, 07:36 PM
Any QB that Hailey, Zorn, and Pioli thinks warrant a 1st round pick I would support.

How would you feel about it if Haley wasn't on board with Hailey?

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-20-2011, 07:36 PM
Of all the QBs to pass up in all the years, if it was done for Kaepernick at 21, I'd probably do a Swanton Bomb into an AIDS minefield.

milkman
04-20-2011, 07:39 PM
I could be wrong, but based on the QBs that the Patriots have drafted through the years, I just find it difficult to believe that Kaepernick is at the top of the Chiefs QB board.

ChiefsCountry
04-20-2011, 07:40 PM
I would rather have Cassel and that should tell you something considering how much I hate Cassel.

Bewbies
04-20-2011, 07:44 PM
well, thrilled that we finally tried

even though of course we end up doing it when i know jack squat about the player...

and i think the chances of it happening are less than 0

This is exactly how I feel.

DA_T_84
04-20-2011, 08:14 PM
For people who dislike him, tell me why?

Not being antagonistic, I just want to know what his knocks are, and why you wouldn't like him (outside of the draft positioning). Judge him as a QB in general, please.

SNR
04-20-2011, 08:17 PM
For people who dislike him, tell me why?

Not being antagonistic, I just want to know what his knocks are, and why you wouldn't like him (outside of the draft positioning). Judge him as a QB in general, please.He's black.

There. I said it.

SNR
04-20-2011, 08:23 PM
Seriously, though. He's got one nasty ass hitch in his throwing motion. It varies whether he's inside or outside the pocket. Can be wildly inaccurate at times. I chalk that up to the throwing motion, though.

He's not a first year starter. If a team is patient enough with him and lets him sit on the bench for at least two seasons, he might correct that stuff on his own with the coaches. He could be insanely good.

Could also be insanely bad, though.

kcbubb
04-20-2011, 08:24 PM
My jaw would drop to the floor. But after I gathered it up, I would be pretty happy about it.

You would be happy about it! You are an idiot! EPIC FAIL OF A PICK! YOU SUCK! :banghead: He's definitely not worth the 21st pick. You really should get educated about the draft.

milkman
04-20-2011, 08:26 PM
You would be happy about it! You are an idiot! EPIC FAIL OF A PICK! YOU SUCK! :banghead: He's definitely not worth the 21st pick. You really should get educated about the draft.

Look who's talking, dumbass.

Bewbies
04-20-2011, 08:27 PM
Seriously, though. He's got one nasty ass hitch in his throwing motion. It varies whether he's inside or outside the pocket. Can be wildly inaccurate at times. I chalk that up to the throwing motion, though.

He's not a first year starter. If a team is patient enough with him and lets him sit on the bench for at least two seasons, he might correct that stuff on his own with the coaches. He could be insanely good.

Low floor is the anti-Pioli pick...I don't know much about him, but I'm pretty sure I'd be okay with our 1st round pick keeping Cassel's seat warm for a year or two. o:-)

kcbubb
04-20-2011, 08:28 PM
He could be insanely good.

You could be insanely stupid.

SNR
04-20-2011, 08:37 PM
You would be happy about it! You are an idiot! EPIC FAIL OF A PICK! YOU SUCK! :banghead: He's definitely not worth the 21st pick. You really should get educated about the draft.Tell me again about how you want to sacrifice any semblance of a mediocre defensive line that we have for a receiver whose skills can possibly be drafted with our 2nd round pick. You make that trade for a franchise QB or MAYBE a player like Eric Berry. Not for a fucking wide receiver who's not Calvin Johnson.

I gave my analysis about Kaepernick's skills. Feel free to give me yours. I'd be glad to hear what the mentally disabled community thinks of him.

kcbubb
04-20-2011, 08:51 PM
I gave my analysis about Kaepernick's skills.

This is your analysis.

He could be insanely good.

Unbelievable! Thought provoking analysis! You suck!

BigCatDaddy
04-20-2011, 08:52 PM
You could be insanely stupid.

I'm pretty sure it's illegal to call someone that after starting a thread a day ago wanting to trade players for draft picks.

kcbubb
04-20-2011, 08:53 PM
He's black.

There. I said it.

And you like to play the race card. Awesome.

Ebolapox
04-20-2011, 08:54 PM
I'd MUCH MUCH MUCH rather have ryan mallett or jimmy clausen via trade (if the panthers go newton, he could be had for cheap).

Ebolapox
04-20-2011, 08:54 PM

you're a tard, aren't you?

milkman
04-20-2011, 08:55 PM
you're a tard, aren't you?

That's a rhetorical question, isn't it?

BigCatDaddy
04-20-2011, 08:56 PM
I'd MUCH MUCH MUCH rather have ryan mallett or jimmy clausen via trade (if the panthers go newton, he could be had for cheap).

Mallet for sure. I think people are going to be surprised how high he ends up going.

Gadzooks
04-20-2011, 09:02 PM
I would have been happy if you guys drafted another D-Lineman but this scenario would be even better.
Cassel would pout and eventually be shipped off somewhere for no where near the value you gave up to get him. Then, you'd have a guy who's not ready to be an NFL starting QB leading your shitty receiving corps to nowhere land.

AWESOME!!!11!!

Dicky McElephant
04-20-2011, 09:03 PM

Dude.....quit tarding up my thread.

kcbubb
04-20-2011, 09:03 PM
Has Pioli ever drafted a spread or pistol QB?

kcbubb
04-20-2011, 09:06 PM
Dude.....quit tarding up my thread.

Do you like CK at #21? Please say yes so I can make fun of you too. You guys are idiots and terrible evaluators of talent.

kcbubb
04-20-2011, 09:07 PM
Since you guys think that I am a tard why don't you look at my previous posts about who I have recommended that the chiefs get in years past at QB.

milkman
04-20-2011, 09:08 PM
Do you like CK at #21? Please say yes so I can make fun of you too. You guys are idiots and terrible evaluators of talent.

You got called out for your stupidity with your threads.

You got butthurt.

Get over it and stop acting like a baby.

SNR
04-20-2011, 09:10 PM
This is your analysis.

Unbelievable! Thought provoking analysis! You suck!No. I said this:

He's not a first year starter. If a team is patient enough with him and lets him sit on the bench for at least two seasons, he might correct that stuff on his own with the coaches.

I haven't ever seen you make a legitimate football post on here. I'm not proclaiming myself a genius, but I had a point and I backed it up with points about how Kaepernick plays QB.

All you did was go on here and say, "I'm a fucking dickless idiot and Kaepernick sucks." That's great and all, but why do you think he sucks? What about him sucks?

Mr. Laz
04-20-2011, 09:10 PM

imo the chiefs are not in a position to take a boom/bust guy like that.

every draft is important but the chiefs are at crucial time. A 2009 type draft and we could end up back in the dung pile. A 2010 type draft and we could take the next big step.

We still have starters that suck and need to address those before we start taking "shots" in the 1st round.

imo

kcbubb
04-20-2011, 09:11 PM
I think my record will show that I have been more accurate than all of you idiots who like pistol guys like CK.

SNR
04-20-2011, 09:14 PM
Since you guys think that I am a tard why don't you look at my previous posts about who I have recommended that the chiefs get in years past at QB.How about you pour sulfuric acid into your vagina and eat a bowl of broken glass?

Fuck you. You act like a dumbass and then tell us to look up your previous posts on here so we can be graced by your other idiot posts? How about you talk about football or get the fuck out?

SNR
04-20-2011, 09:22 PM
Another one of kcfindthevoyager's brilliant ideas:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=221434

kcbubb
04-20-2011, 09:26 PM
No. I said this:

I haven't ever seen you make a legitimate football post on here. I'm not proclaiming myself a genius, but I had a point and I backed it up with points about how Kaepernick plays QB.

All you did was go on here and say, "I'm a ****ing dickless idiot and Kaepernick sucks." That's great and all, but why do you think he sucks? What about him sucks?

Picking CK at 21 is terrible. He is not worth the 21st pick. Not a good value. The team that takes CK needs to be a team that will run the wildcat or could put a pistol package in for him. That team could get immediate value for him. I don't see the chiefs doing that. If they would, he might be worth a second round pick. Really if Buffalo could move up from the third round to the late second, that would be ideal for CK. BC Gailey would install a pistol package for him. Not a good fit for the Chiefs.

When evaluating a draft pick you have to evaluate the risk and reward. CK is too risky to be worth a first round pick.

What makes him risky... Here's a few.

throwing motion.
pistol offense.
lack of legit competition.

kcbubb
04-20-2011, 09:31 PM
Another one of kcfindthevoyager's brilliant ideas:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=221434

You do realize that I didn't write the article... right? KC Joyner did. Supposedly an espn insider. I have never really watched Morgan play. I was asking for opinions bc he is ranked in the top 10 by a few different "draft experts".

And supposedly, Morgan is projected to play outside in the 3-4.

I didn't write the article. I was asking about the guy bc I hadn't seen him play. I didn't endorse him like you did with CK.

milkman
04-20-2011, 09:35 PM
I didn't write the article. I was asking about the guy bc I hadn't seen him play. I didn't endorse him like you did with CK.

The point you missed in all of this is that the question that was posed is "What would your reaction be?".

He wasn't endorsing the idea of selecting him at that spot, but, like many others, he'd actually feel pretty good about it, not because CK is first round value, but because the Chiefs actually drafted a QB with potential huge upside that might actually be a sign that Pioli questions Cassel's progress.

But he also realizes it's a huge risk.

chiefscafan
04-20-2011, 09:47 PM
Hmm I would be excited because with Zorn there he can develop kaperneki. If cassel falters we have a backup plan.

The Bad Guy
04-20-2011, 10:39 PM
Picking CK at 21 is terrible. He is not worth the 21st pick. Not a good value. The team that takes CK needs to be a team that will run the wildcat or could put a pistol package in for him. That team could get immediate value for him. I don't see the chiefs doing that. If they would, he might be worth a second round pick. Really if Buffalo could move up from the third round to the late second, that would be ideal for CK. BC Gailey would install a pistol package for him. Not a good fit for the Chiefs.

When evaluating a draft pick you have to evaluate the risk and reward. CK is too risky to be worth a first round pick.

What makes him risky... Here's a few.

throwing motion.
pistol offense.
lack of legit competition.

Says the fucking moron who advocates trading Glenn Dorsey.

DeezNutz
04-20-2011, 10:40 PM
Speechlessness.

kcbubb
04-20-2011, 11:03 PM
He wasn't endorsing the idea of selecting him at that spot,

He said he would like it you dick licker. He likes CK. And he likes CK at 21. Get over it.

And what are you his mother? Maybe you should change your name to milkmom and go breast feed him while you defend him.

Reaper16
04-20-2011, 11:12 PM
I would be pretty speechless. I'd much rather go with Ponder if the Chiefs were to take a QB at #21.

SNR
04-20-2011, 11:20 PM
He said he would like it you dick licker. He likes CK. And he likes CK at 21. Get over it.

And what are you his mother? Maybe you should change your name to milkmom and go breast feed him while you defend him.If I advocated the Chiefs taking CK at 21, I would have said so. As in, I would have mentioned in my NUMEROUS posts in this forum the past few months that I want Kaepernick in the first round.

I know that's difficult for you to understand the difference, so let me break it down for you slooooowly:

1. I think Kaepernick needs time on the bench working with the coaching staff. A lot of time. I threw out two full seasons in an earlier post. I think that's fair. He needs that time to correct that hitch in his throwing motion, which is otherwise pretty good.

2. In addition to the hitch, he comes from a pistol offense. However, taking snaps from under center will come with playbook study and practice snaps. Two years on the bench.

3. I think by that time it's possible that those two big hangups could be corrected. If they are, look out. He's going to be a fucking star in this league.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE

4. I would be shocked if the Chiefs took him at all, let alone took him in the 1st round. However, if they do, I assume they would have a plan for him. It would probably involve (you guessed it) bench time

5. I would be shocked, but I would also be happy to see them finally care about the QB position. Rolling the dice like this is exactly what it takes to get a top-level QB to lead your team. THAT'S why I would like this pick.

Please tell me how I'm saying, "I HOPE THE CHIEFS TAKE KAEPERNICK!!" It's not. All my posts have talked about Hankerson, Carimi, Costonzo, Smith, Jordan, and even Ponder and Locker. Not once have I mentioned Kaepernick in the 1st round.

That being said, thanks for actually talking about Kaepernick instead of "OMG HE SUX!" Those criticisms you have of him are the same ones I harbor. I think they can be ironed out based on what I've seen of him on the football field.

kcbubb
04-21-2011, 10:21 AM
Long story short, you would be happy with CK at 21.

.... but I would also be happy...

Maybe not thrilled, but happy. That's fine. That's your opinion. Stand on it. Don't be a p***y and dance around it. You maybe right. He might turn out to be a great player.

No one really knows. This is the draft. It is a crap shoot. Even the best ones really mess it up. Belichek (please don't correct my spelling b/c I don't care) passed on Clay Matthews twice.

I don't agree with you on CK. I think picking him with #21 is a bad value because of the risk. I also don't think he fits our offense very well. The Chiefs are looking for a QB that can win the game from the pocket.

Coogs
04-21-2011, 10:32 AM
The Chiefs are looking for a QB that can win the game from the pocket.

Ryan Mallett?

Dicky McElephant
04-21-2011, 10:38 AM
First off.....what I'm getting from all of this is that a majority of the people who voted "Fuck yeah!" would be happy because it showed that Pioli isn't satisfied with the QB position (starter or depth). It also would show that he had the balls to take a QB in the 1st round.....Cassel or no Cassel.

Second off.....anyone who starts a thread advocating that we trade Dorsey so that we can draft a #2 WR.....shouldn't be calling people retards. Seriously dude.....go fuck yourself.

Chiefnj2
04-21-2011, 10:40 AM
I'd prefer Mallett in the first, Ponder in the 2nd and Stanzi in the 3rd ALL over CK in the 1st.

Demonpenz
04-21-2011, 10:46 AM
I haven't watched enough so I would go with what Pioli does. We won the Afc west last year, that just seems so unlikely that anything he does I will trust for awhile.

DA_T_84
04-21-2011, 11:06 AM
Will someone please take this jackass out back and put him out of our misery?

kcbubb
04-21-2011, 01:16 PM
First off.....what I'm getting from all of this is that a majority of the people who voted "**** yeah!" would be happy because it showed that Pioli isn't satisfied with the QB position (starter or depth). It also would show that he had the balls to take a QB in the 1st round.....Cassel or no Cassel.

I don't have a problem with taking a QB in round 1. If you wanted this to be about getting a QB in round 1, you should have said so. YOU DIDN'T SAY A QB, YOU SAID CK. I have a problem with CK in round 1. He's a huge project and is not worth the 21st pick, especially to us because he really doesn't fit what we are trying to do. Haley doesn't want a running QB. If you think CK is worth the pick for the Chiefs, you are an ear biter. Not a good fit.

Second off.....anyone who starts a thread advocating that we trade Dorsey so that we can draft a #2 WR.....shouldn't be calling people retards. Seriously dude.....go **** yourself.

In a scenario that we could trade Dorsey (which we can't) for Julio Jones and a few picks, we could benefit in value. There is a large drop off in talent at the WR spot after Julio. Julio fits the system and provides value in the pick.

5 techs are not normally hard to find and they are not normally difference makers for the defense. There positional value is lower, especially in Haley's offense.

A great WR provides much more value in Haley's system than a 5 tech.

If you can't see that, then you are an IDIOT.

I said at the first of my post that I didn't refer to the trade chart and that it could be more or less in compensation in picks.

BigCatDaddy
04-21-2011, 01:27 PM
[QUOTE=kcbubb;7581823] Haley doesn't want a running QB. If you think CK is worth the pick for the Chiefs, you are an ear biter. Not a good fit.

QUOTE]

What do you mean by running QB? Are you talking about guys like Gabbert, Newton, and Locker that all run very well? What NFL offense is built around a QB running the ball?

Dicky McElephant
04-21-2011, 01:30 PM
Ear biter? So I'm Mike Tyson?

Dicky McElephant
04-21-2011, 01:32 PM
I don't have a problem with taking a QB in round 1. If you wanted this to be about getting a QB in round 1, you should have said so. YOU DIDN'T SAY A QB, YOU SAID CK. I have a problem with CK in round 1. He's a huge project and is not worth the 21st pick, especially to us because he really doesn't fit what we are trying to do. Haley doesn't want a running QB. If you think CK is worth the pick for the Chiefs, you are an ear biter. Not a good fit.

In a scenario that we could trade Dorsey (which we can't) for Julio Jones and a few picks, we could benefit in value. There is a large drop off in talent at the WR spot after Julio. Julio fits the system and provides value in the pick.

5 techs are not normally hard to find and they are not normally difference makers for the defense. There positional value is lower, especially in Haley's offense.

A great WR provides much more value in Haley's system than a 5 tech.

If you can't see that, then you are an IDIOT.

I said at the first of my post that I didn't refer to the trade chart and that it could be more or less in compensation in picks.

Did I say that's what I wanted? I said thats what I'm gathering from the responses. You have a serious reading comprehension problem that you need to correct.

And 5 Techs have a lower position value in Haley's offense huh? Gotcha.

SNR
04-21-2011, 01:46 PM
Long story short, you would be happy with CK at 21.

Maybe not thrilled, but happy. That's fine. That's your opinion. Stand on it. Don't be a p***y and dance around it. You maybe right. He might turn out to be a great player.

No one really knows. This is the draft. It is a crap shoot. Even the best ones really mess it up. Belichek (please don't correct my spelling b/c I don't care) passed on Clay Matthews twice.

I don't agree with you on CK. I think picking him with #21 is a bad value because of the risk. I also don't think he fits our offense very well. The Chiefs are looking for a QB that can win the game from the pocket.The Chiefs will have drafted a QB in the first round. One who has the potential to be really fucking good. Yes, I'd be happy. It's a reach and there are better QBs out there, but they got the guy they like and who they think can make it happen.

Last year the Broncos took Tebow in the late first. Same story. Tebow was McDaniels' guy. It just turned out that McDaniels is a shitty fucking head coach.

You're still a giant moron.

kcbubb
04-21-2011, 01:47 PM

Try to bite your ear and you will get the point.

kcbubb
04-21-2011, 01:49 PM
[QUOTE=kcbubb;7581823] Haley doesn't want a running QB. If you think CK is worth the pick for the Chiefs, you are an ear biter. Not a good fit.

QUOTE]

What do you mean by running QB? Are you talking about guys like Gabbert, Newton, and Locker that all run very well? What NFL offense is built around a QB running the ball?

Shanahan uses a mobile QB. Gailey could install a pistol package for him. Excuse running. I was referring more to a mobile QB vs a pocket QB. Haley prefers a pocket QB.

kcbubb
04-21-2011, 01:53 PM
Yes, I'd be happy.

At least you grew some nuts.

Last year the Broncos took Tebow in the late first. Same story.

Same story with Tebow being a great NFL QB. So, are you endorsing the donks pick of Tebow in the first round??? You do don't you. Tell the truth you coward.

BigCatDaddy
04-21-2011, 01:58 PM
[QUOTE=kcbubb;7581852]

Shanahan uses a mobile QB. Gailey could install a pistol package for him. Excuse running. I was referring more to a mobile QB vs a pocket QB. Haley prefers a pocket QB.

Jay Cutler ran a 4.77 40 when he was drafted. While not a statue he isn't as "mobile" as Matt Cassell.

What coach doesn't prefer a QB that can stand there and throw strikes from the pocket?

SNR
04-21-2011, 01:59 PM
At least you grew some nuts.

So, are you endorsing the donks pick of Tebow in the first round??? You do don't you. Tell the truth you coward.Who the fuck do you think you are? Joe McCarthy?

I think Tebow was a shitty pick. He has a lot more hang-ups than Colin Kaepernick does. The stuff that he needs to work out can't be done by hard work alone. He needs way more time than Kaepernick to get things figured out.

I would have legitimately been upset about the Chiefs picking Tebow in the first round, assuming the traded into the late first with their 2nd round pick last year. I don't think Tebow can succeed. Our coaching staff probably would have, so at least they're thinking about QB and they realize that Cassel isn't the long-term answer.

Also, you're an abortion

HotRoute
04-21-2011, 02:02 PM
The real story is what qb pioli takes with the 199th pick we have. We all know his history with that selection (tom brady)

SNR
04-21-2011, 02:04 PM
The real story is what qb pioli takes with the 199th pick we have. We all know his history with that selection (tom brady)Fascinating. Tell me more.

Detoxing
04-21-2011, 02:06 PM
The real story is what qb pioli takes with the 199th pick we have. We all know his history with that selection (tom brady)

Stanzi.

He's the next Brady.

Otter
04-21-2011, 02:17 PM
I'd go out and buy a lottery ticket.

If this guy was a south paw he'd be golden.

HotRoute
04-21-2011, 02:35 PM
Fascinating. Tell me more.

Once upon a time in a new engLAND far far away, there was a young qb who hailed from a campus in Ann arbor, Michigan.

Bewbies
04-21-2011, 03:07 PM
If someone suggested we take an o-lineman who will take 2-3 years to be ready to hit the field people around here would praise the guys ceiling.

QB's are kryptonite to the fans around here.

Spicy McHaggis
04-21-2011, 03:09 PM
Blame it on Blackledge.

Pitt Gorilla
04-21-2011, 03:10 PM
Not happy if Gabbert is still on the board.

Bewbies
04-21-2011, 03:11 PM
Blame it on Blackledge.

No, blame it on the idea that O-line > QB for a football team.

Mr. Laz
04-21-2011, 06:28 PM
kid knows his way around a pen too

http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/251931613/football_mizzou_normal.jpg
Kaepernick10 (http://twitter.com/#%21/Kaepernick10) Colin Kaepernick
Just signed 1852 cards for topps in 2 hrs now that's moving

20 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/#%21/Kaepernick10/status/61204404824571904) [/URL] (http://twitter.com/#)[URL="http://twitter.com/#"] (http://twitter.com/#)

Brock
04-21-2011, 06:58 PM
If someone suggested we take an o-lineman who will take 2-3 years to be ready to hit the field people around here would praise the guys ceiling.

QB's are kryptonite to the fans around here.

Please. This isn't Gabbert we're talking about.

crazycoffey
04-21-2011, 07:28 PM
Not happy if Gabbert is still on the board.

this, but he won't be. :huh:

milkman
04-21-2011, 08:56 PM

And what are you his mother? Maybe you should change your name to milkmom and go breast feed him while you defend him.

No, I'm not his mom.

I'm just a guy trying to help you out, cause you clearly can't understand simple ideas.

Let me put it another way, in hopes that small words aren't as difficult for you to comprehend.

You=dumb.

Hope that isn't too hard for you to figure out.

Von Dumbass
04-21-2011, 09:00 PM
Amusing that Knowmo is bagging on Kaepernick when the same problems he has are Tebow's problems... only not as bad.

Kaepernick isn't the greatest college football player of all time.

milkman
04-21-2011, 09:02 PM
Kaepernick isn't the greatest college football player of all time.

Damn, dumbasses are everywhere.

JASONSAUTO
04-21-2011, 10:14 PM

Didn't get it?

Try REAL hard to bite your own ear. Try it, I have faith you can do it if you try hard enough
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief
04-21-2011, 10:19 PM
I would be happy if we drafted any quarterback in the first, second or third round.

We have the staff to develop one and a young roster for him to grow with, whatever the role.

If we draft a guy with great tools like Locker, Colin, Mallet or a couple others...it would be very exciting for the teams long term outlook with or without Cassel.

SNR
04-21-2011, 10:28 PM
Kaepernick isn't the greatest college football player of all time.Agreed. Tebow is definitely in the company of Eric Crouch, Michael Bishop, Pat White, and Danny Wuerfel in terms of great college football QBs who went on to have careers in the pros

kcbubb
04-22-2011, 12:06 AM
Damn, dumbasses are everywhere.

I told you not to look in the mirror so much.

I know you get overwhelmed when you are by yourself in a room with walled mirrors. That is scary. Milkmom everywhere.

Seriously what's with the milkman title? That would be so awesome if you were a milkman.

Saccopoo
04-22-2011, 02:49 AM
Kaepernick would be okay. Stratospheric ceiling. Good guy, incredibly athletic, cannon for an arm, complete winner.

Nothing to complain about with that pick.

Ebolapox
04-22-2011, 07:50 AM
oh shit, sacc's on board. we all know that we'd be fucked by picking kaepernick now. FUCK.

keg in kc
04-25-2011, 05:56 AM
I think it would be great. 21's the perfect spot to take a shot at a developmental QB.

(Or to trade back so another team can take a shot at a developmental QB).

You could substitute pretty much any name in there and I'd be fine with it. Kaepernick, Ponder, Locker. Mallet's I think too big a risk and doesn't fit the trademarked profile. Stanzi and McElroy aren't starters at the next level, so I wouldn't like that, but any of the rest, I'd probably dance around my apartment.

warrior
04-25-2011, 11:55 AM
I think it would be great. 21's the perfect spot to take a shot at a developmental QB.

(Or to trade back so another team can take a shot at a developmental QB).

You could substitute pretty much any name in there and I'd be fine with it. Kaepernick, Ponder, Locker. Mallet's I think too big a risk and doesn't fit the trademarked profile. Stanzi and McElroy aren't starters at the next level, so I wouldn't like that, but any of the rest, I'd probably dance around my apartment.

I do like Ponder.

Pitt Gorilla
04-25-2011, 07:51 PM
Kaepernick would be okay. Stratospheric ceiling. Good guy, incredibly athletic, cannon for an arm, complete winner.

Nothing to complain about with that pick.Missouri vs. Nevada 2009 is on ESPNU right now. Gabbert hadn't started many prior to this game, but he is absolutely owning the field. Big play after big play, long third down completion after completion.

In the end, Gabbert threw for 414 while Kaep threw for 146.